New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: How many RPG sessions do you play in (Weekly, Monthly, Whatever)

My games:
    Epic Campaign - 6hr D&D4e game I get paid to run. It runs every other Sunday and has for almost 7 years.
    Warhammer 40k (Only War) - 4hr on the opposite Sunday as the epic campaign. Also running as a paid DM
    The Guild Living Campaign - D&D4e. I play and run when I have time (no money involved). They tend to run between 4 and 12 sessions a week, averaging about 9 a week. Of those if I have time I tend to play in one or two a week and run one or two a week. This week I'm running 2 5hour games and I'll likely play in 2 games (length depends on DM, but usually between 4-6 hours). There was a time when I wasn't working and the guild was really active that I was running the Epic campaign, playing in a Iron Kingdoms game, running 3-4 games in guild a week and playing in 3-4 games a week in guild. Was sorta crazy, but bills be bills.
    Interested in giving 4e D&D a shot? All players, new and old, are welcome to join us over at the Guild Living Campaign on Roll20. Feel free to post on the thread or PM me for more information.

You can also follow me on Youtube. I am currently working on a series of videos aimed at helping Dungeon Masters from all editions work at improving the craft that is being a DM with my series Beg Borrow and Steal.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Okay, so my gaming group meets weekly on Sundays, but we rotate DMing duties every week. So right now I am playing in three games and DMing one myself (we play D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder mostly), but those games rotate one after the other so I basically DM one week a month and play in a different game each week on the other three weeks.

It means that the games last kind of a long time in real time, but we're all busy adults and doing a rotation means there's plenty of time for each DM to prepare for their next game rather than pinning all the hard work on one person. We find it to be a good system for ourselves, at any rate.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

At the moment I run one tabletop game a week, play in a LARP once a week, and am about to play in a second tabletop game that will be either weekly or bi-weekly, not sure which.

This is somewhat more than I'm used to; traditionally, I do one or two games a week.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGirl

It's in major fluctuation right now, but starting in May I'll have five games a week. A Dresden Files, Chronicles of Darkness, a 4e D&D and two 5e games.

All online late-night because sleep is for the weak. What is really fun is that the majority of those games are all with the same group, we just shift around DMing.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Currently, I run Deathwatch every Sunday, and play in a Rogue Trader game every Thursday. That's 2/week.

I also play 40k and other misc board games with the same people on Tuesday & Saturday, respectively, so that's 4 days of the week dedicated to gaming.
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2018-03-20 at 03:51 PM.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

On a weekly basis with the same group, we play Monday and Friday night. Friday night is the same campaign every week, and Monday we do a rotation of 4 different games with 3 different DMs.

I also play every once in awhile (I would say roughly every other month) as a DM for my cousin and her friends.

And if everyone is magically free, we sometimes play spur of the moment with whoever's available, but that's very rare.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As I now (in my 30's) find computer games not keeping my interests. Running games is taking over for part of my life's entertainment.

I run biweekly games. My main campaign is a face to face 5e game. Then I run FF star wars, and just recently picked up two groups for Savage Worlds Interface Zero.

But I wish to be a player one day :'(
    Last edited by Hurske; 2018-03-20 at 06:42 PM.