The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 72 of 72
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    And Fantasy Grounds is a pretty high cost if you're just building monsters with it. If you use it as your game table, then fair enough. But expecting people to buy it for this is a stretch.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    As this thread has rolled over on to a new page...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrivenerofDoom View Post
    (snip) Just a reminder: Email me if you want the links. scrivenerofdoom is one word; gmail is the host.
    Cheers
    Scrivener of Doom

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    As this thread is about to roll over on to a new page...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrivenerofDoom View Post
    (snip) Just a reminder: Email me if you want the links. scrivenerofdoom is one word; gmail is the host.
    I think I'm averaging three of these requests a week which means 150 a year. 4E still isn't dead!
    Cheers
    Scrivener of Doom

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    I don't know what is driving this, but I've been getting at least 2 requests each day for the past two weeks and they normally refer to this thread.

    It's nice to see a small resurgence in interest in 4E and I cannot help but wonder what is driving it.
    Cheers
    Scrivener of Doom

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Yakk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    Well, one of the wikis with lots of 4e content erased bunches of it?

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakk View Post
    Well, one of the wikis with lots of 4e content erased bunches of it?
    Interesting. Nobody has mentioned that but perhaps simply doing it has made people wonder about 4E again? I have no idea.
    Cheers
    Scrivener of Doom

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrivenerofDoom View Post
    Interesting. Nobody has mentioned that but perhaps simply doing it has made people wonder about 4E again? I have no idea.
    Just guesswork, but my hunch is that more and more people are achieving system mastery with 5e, and so looking at the other D&D systems out of curiosity and perhaps a desire for variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgresAreCute View Post
    Realism, the natural predator of D&D mechanics.
    Optimization Trophies

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    Just guesswork, but my hunch is that more and more people are achieving system mastery with 5e, and so looking at the other D&D systems out of curiosity and perhaps a desire for variety.
    Interesting hypothesis.

    I've always wondered if we might see some interest again once 5E groups hit higher levels where the game does tend to break down.

    I think I've sent out 30 sets of links in the past six weeks. That's a goodly number.
    Cheers
    Scrivener of Doom

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrivenerofDoom View Post
    Interesting hypothesis.

    I've always wondered if we might see some interest again once 5E groups hit higher levels where the game does tend to break down.

    I think I've sent out 30 sets of links in the past six weeks. That's a goodly number.
    That's where I'm at. I've been trying to sell people who skipped 4e back to it and they've been cold until we started hitting mid levels. For me it's just about going back to having a lot of DM support and not needing to hack every monster into being "not boring."

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    Quote Originally Posted by Hears You View Post
    (snip) For me it's just about going back to having a lot of DM support and not needing to hack every monster into being "not boring."
    This is me.

    Monsters are boring in 5E.

    But it remains the most popular edition by far.
    Cheers
    Scrivener of Doom

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Yakk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    That is why I did that work on converting 4e monsters to 5e. The first pass I wrote isn't as mechanical as I would like, and there are some errors.

    There is no reason why you can't have a 5e characters fighting 4e Dragonshields and Skirmishers instead of generic 5e Kobolds.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Offline Character Builder and CB Loader

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakk View Post
    That is why I did that work on converting 4e monsters to 5e. The first pass I wrote isn't as mechanical as I would like, and there are some errors.

    There is no reason why you can't have a 5e characters fighting 4e Dragonshields and Skirmishers instead of generic 5e Kobolds.
    Indeed. If you do the work, you can even make 1E monsters interesting in play.

    I just find it strange that WotC decided to go backwards with monster design in 5E to the point where they are bags of hit points doing damage with the occasional spell, that you have to look up, thrown in. It seems like a backwards step: It's entirely quantitative.

    However, 5E is the most popular edition so, clearly, the customers have spoken.
    Cheers
    Scrivener of Doom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •