New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default How many weapons could two-handed humanoid wield?

He could wield a weapon for each hand surely. What else? There are certain weapon enhancements that works passively. How could it be optimized?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: How many weapons could two-handed humanoid wield?

Quote Originally Posted by ayvango View Post
    He could wield a weapon for each hand surely. What else? There are certain weapon enhancements that works passively. How could it be optimized?
    If you accept Braid Blades being a thing, as many as you care to tie into your hair. Even without that, you can get things like a spiked gauntlet, armor spikes, knee blades, boot blades, poison ring, etc.. roughly speaking, you can probably carry one 'weapon' for every magic item slot. Make a few of 'em Defending, one of them Smoking, put a Chained Greater Magic Weapon on all of them and dump it all into AC.

3. - Top - End - #3

OldWizardGuy

Wield or have on him? I might just be arguing semantics but I would say that wielding a weapon means you have it "at the ready".

Regardless of how many weapons someone has on their body I would think how many weapons they can be considered wielding to be very limited.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fukimi-bari (from the Arms and Equipment Guide) are little darts you spit out of your mouth.

5. - Top - End - #5

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    If you accept Braid Blades being a thing, as many as you care to tie into your hair. Even without that, you can get things like a spiked gauntlet, armor spikes, knee blades, boot blades, poison ring, etc.. roughly speaking, you can probably carry one 'weapon' for every magic item slot. Make a few of 'em Defending, one of them Smoking, put a Chained Greater Magic Weapon on all of them and dump it all into AC.
    I could not use any armor because I had chosen monk belt. Where resides other options you mentioned? Is it a homerule or official source?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Dwarven Buckler Axe.

Animated shield with shield spikes?

[edit] Won't work with Monk's Belt [/edit]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

If I remember right complete scoundrel has some hidden bayonet weapons for range weapons too and also if you any kind of magic to animate weapons maybe that could work.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

I could not use any armor because I had chosen monk belt. Where resides other options you mentioned? Is it a homerule or official source?
    bracers of armor (doesn't count as armor for monks) + armor spikes, there you go.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

I think that there are boot knives and elbow knives and knee knives and tail scythes. there is a clockwork mask that gives you Illithid tentacles

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

The number of poison rings you can wear is not limited to your normal number of ring slots. That's just the number of magic ring enhancements you can gain benefits from at the same time. You can wear at least one per finger; I've seen people wear two per finger, so most humans can wear a minimum of 20 poison rings.

Also don't forget the horned helm, which grants a gore attack. Kobolds and a few other humanoid races have a bite attack which can be replaced with a mouthpick weapon. They can also gain a tail-slap, meaning a tail scythe or tail club is fair game. Then we have animated shields to bash with, dancing weapons, armor spikes, elbow blades, boot blades, braid blades, unarmed strikes (which don't have to be with any of the above body parts), and a few others I can't really recall off the top of my head. Make sure to use manyfang crescent blades in each hand, along with the same as your mouthpick weapon.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Do grafts count? How about symbionts?

Also, something something Warshaper’s arbitrary numbers of natural weapons.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

12. - Top - End - #12

MindFlayer

Could spiked gauntlets be used together with some weapon in the same hand?

13. - Top - End - #13

Could spiked gauntlets be used together with some weapon in the same hand?
    You would have to choose which weapon to use for a given attack from BAB, but...maybe? I don't see why you couldn't.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2018-01-06 at 10:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Hidden blades are in Complete Scoundrel; they come in Boot, Elbow, Knee, and Sleeve styles. Boot and Sleeve blades could probably be worn by most anybody with appropriate garments (ie, boots and something with at least moderately loose sleeves.) Elbow and Knee blades.. well, you could strap 'em on, but they likely wouldn't be very hidden without armor to place over them. Still, that gives you 2 blades for every limb, so 8 if you're wearing the full panoply. That is probably enough for most purposes. Poison Rings are in the Dragon Compendium. Savage Species has a tail-mounted weapon if you're playing a race with a tail (or, perhaps, can have one grafted on.) That might have been reprinted/updated elsewhere as well, but I'm not aware of it.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
    bracers of armor (doesn't count as armor for monks) + armor spikes, there you go.
    You can't put spikes on those, armor spikes only go on armor. Bracers of armor give an armor bonus to AC but don't count as armor period.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

I imagine this character getting captured and the movie sequences of pulling numerous weapons out of awkward areas on his/her person happens every time
    Last edited by Void Bovine; 2018-01-06 at 07:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Void Bovine View Post
    I imagine this character getting captured and the movie sequences of pulling numerous weapons out of awkward areas on his/her person happens every time
    And ends up with a pile that's considerably larger than him-slash-her.