New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXIII: Only in Nerf Does Duty End

Quote Originally Posted by LudDavenport View Post
    Yep, basically what I have been saying.

Making allies work would mean reworking the game drastically. People don't like new things or change, especially to existing products(see AoS). Fan works are usually based off of existing systems, because they are literally for people that like those systems. Wow, that d20 heartbreaker has Vancian casting and 20 levels. At worst I am bemoaning the fate of the incredibly stripped down allies system we have, given how much 8e shook up the game's core rules.
    It would be an entirely different game, and would likely get the same reaction that AoS did from Warhammer Fantasy fans. I mean, lots of people hated the Allies rules as is, partially because no one wanted to hear 'oh you're playing X? Well you should ally in some Y if you want to do well'. If I wanted Y, I'd be playing Y in the first place!

So yeah, bemoan it if you must, but accept it because I don't think we'll ever get things to the degree you want.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    It would be an entirely different game, and would likely get the same reaction that AoS did from Warhammer Fantasy fans. I mean, lots of people hated the Allies rules as is, partially because no one wanted to hear 'oh you're playing X? Well you should ally in some Y if you want to do well'. If I wanted Y, I'd be playing Y in the first place!

So yeah, bemoan it if you must, but accept it because I don't think we'll ever get things to the degree you want.
    "Here is this massive setting, literally galaxy spanning, with hugely varied forces to meet in combat! Tell your stories in it, with your own personal heroes or villains! Oh, I see, everyone wants to play different colored space marines... Wonderful. Ah, that person got inventive and brought space elves."

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

"Here is this massive setting, literally galaxy spanning, with hugely varied forces to meet in combat! Tell your stories in it, with your own personal heroes or villains! Oh, I see, everyone wants to play different colored space marines... Wonderful. Ah, that person got inventive and brought space elves."
    You want to write a book or fanfiction go for it. You want to run a game of Rogue Trader or Death Watch where you've got Genestealers working side by side with Orks, then have fun.

But the wargame side of things are rather more limited.

EDIT: But not as limited as you might suspect. Thing is, if you want to create a narrative scenario odds are, you won't get to play it. You'll basically need to act like a GM, and quite frankly it's a lot more work then most people are willing to do.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2018-04-25 at 05:11 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Admittedly there was a lot of griping on the other side as well when your codex couldn't stand on its own (has that really changed?). Sure you could mix n' match, but it sort of underscored the untenable position you were stuck in depending on what you want to play.

More on point, get games in, get to know the regulars. A lot of people are pretty open to narrative etc if you talk to them, but it helps to have some semblance of trust already.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Then get a group of like-minded people together and play out your story with them. "Narrative" 40k was a thing long before 8th made it "official".

Edit: [Redacted] my previous stuff since it was only ever going to end badly.
    Last edited by Drasius; 2018-04-25 at 07:09 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein