New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Your Favorite Fictional Character?

Quote Originally Posted by joeltion View Post
    He has one of the coolest, most badass designs in comic book history. There's nothing I don't like about this guy. When I grow up, I wanna be just like him.
    "How did you do that??"

"With style, petite, with style."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Sherlock Holmes
    YES!

Well, mine wasn't Sherlock Holmes until the films came out a few years ago.

Actually... Sherlock Holmes or the Hulk... Decisions....

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Favorite villain: probably the Joker
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

This is one of the hardest questions I've faced in a while. Geez...

I have a looong list of characters I like, and a couple dozen characters (both good and evil) that I love for a legion of reasons. Trying to pin down a single favorite could keep me up all night.

However, if I were to settle on just one, it would be Styx from the video game Of Orcs and Men and the spin-off games starring himself. He is sarcastic, quick-thinking, witty, and spiteful. He also breaks the fourth wall in his second game, so that's just icing on the cake. I've not played the games myself, but this didn't stop me from enjoying this assassin's antics.
    "Excuse me, but do you have a moment to talk about our dark lord and savior, Asmodeus?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Celes Chere from Final Fantasy VI.
    From official sources, or is there also some fan fiction which supplements that opinion? I would not mind finding good FF VI fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by joeltion View Post
    Lemme think, lemme think...

Spoiler: Oh, right...
    Show

I guess it doesn't help the fact that I'm totally in love with Rogue too...

He has one of the coolest, most badass designs in comic book history. There's nothing I don't like about this guy. When I grow up, I wanna be just like him. Probably too late to awake my mutant powers, tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Lector87 View Post
    "How did you do that??"

"With style, petite, with style."

I like Remy better these days when he's teaming up with Wolverine. For example:
    Quote Originally Posted by aandy View Post
    YES!

Well, mine wasn't Sherlock Holmes until the films came out a few years ago.

Actually... Sherlock Holmes or the Hulk... Decisions....
    "Hulk will fight hound of the Baskervilles. Hulk is strongest one there is!"
    Last edited by KillingAScarab; 2018-01-17 at 01:05 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    From official sources, or is there also some fan fiction which supplements that opinion?
    Just from the game.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Favorite villain: probably the Joker
    From Full Metal Jacket? I wouldn't really classify Joker as a villain. Maybe an antihero. Animal Mother or Gomer Pyle or the drill sergeant are definitely more villains. Personally my favorite Kubrick villains are Hal 9000, Alex Delarge and Jack Torrance. But overall my two favorite Kubrick characters are Dr. Strangelove and Redmond Barry/Barry Lyndon.

Unless you meant the DC comics character Joker, but I'm gonna go ahead and pretend you didn't so I could talk about Stanley Kubrick.

8. - Top - End - #38

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Some Android View Post
    From Full Metal Jacket? I wouldn't really classify Joker as a villain. Maybe an antihero. Animal Mother or Gomer Pyle or the drill sergeant are definitely more villains. Personally my favorite Kubrick villains are Hal 9000, Alex Delarge and Jack Torrance. But overall my two favorite Kubrick characters are Dr. Strangelove and Redmond Barry/Barry Lyndon.

Unless you meant the DC comics character Joker, but I'm gonna go ahead and pretend you didn't so I could talk about Stanley Kubrick.
    But Jack Torrance became the Joker when he was thrown on that toxic wastes!
    (sic)

My English non très bueno, da? CALL: 0800-BADGRINGO

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

nevermindthis post
    Last edited by BWR; 2018-01-18 at 03:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Saetan Daemon SaDiablo, Black Jewel Warlord Prince, High Lord of Hell, High Priest of the Hourglass, Steward of the Dark Court.
    How do you keep a fool busy? Turn upside down for answer.
    ˙ɹǝʍsuɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn uɹnʇ ¿ʎsnq ןooɟ ɐ dǝǝʞ noʎ op ʍoɥ

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Joeltion View Post
    But Jack Torrance became the Joker when he was thrown on that toxic wastes!
    So did Jared Leto. Then Batman (the Christian Bale one) murderer that Joker in this scene:

Warning: Possible American Psycho Spoilers and Adult Language

I wish more Batman films would end like that.

12. - Top - End - #42

I have many female characters, I would have to make a list...

But of all character I think Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, in special Gray Mouser, are my favorite, I loved them, their personality, their adventures(Even the short and kind of broing ones) their universe and everything.

I remember being a kid and reading those books and transporting myself to that world, I went to many fantasy worlds with my mind but Nehwon is the only one I can truly call home, it influenced and still influences everything I create, from my games to my texts.

Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2018-01-25 at 07:48 PM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser

So very.... AWESOME!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

I love the book "The Master and Margarita" and mostly because Behemoth the cat is the ebst character ever created in ficition.

He's an enormous trigger happy demonic black cat who speaks, walks on two legs, loves chess, vodka, pistols, and obnoxious sarcasm. What's not to love?

Gods I love that book.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Tied between Bruce Wayne and Sam Vimes.

They endure enough to break like five people, are constantly on the brink of snapping but refuse to be pushed over the line, without ever losing their basic compassionate nature.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Ask me at another time, and you might get another answer, but ...
    Yep
    but for today........Er, a toss up between John Constantine and Sir Harry Paget Flashman
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was quite found of Tom Swift as a lad. Growing up I also had a small obsession with Loki and any trickster archetype.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Probably Indiana Jones. Even though he has only one movie I really like and one that is quite okay. Because he's a guy who constantly fails. He has no real special power except miraculously avoiding getting seriously injured. But he gets hurt a lot. He is determined to do the right thing and tries to avoid violence, but when it's needed to stop someone from doing something evil, he will totally do it.
    He also is very smart and very impulsive, which both gets him into trouble but also out of it, which makes him a character I can very much sympathize with.

Also Solid Snake, for exactly the same reasons.
    Last edited by Yora; 2018-01-28 at 02:41 PM.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Laurana Kanan from Dragonlance. She's everything a hero should be.

20. - Top - End - #50

Oh, dearie me. My favourite, out of each and every work of fiction? That's just too tall of an order. I can hardly pick my favourite character in a given universe.
    Perhaps if we narrow it down...
    Spoiler: Video Games
    Show
    Gotta go with HK-47 here, at least as one of the contenders.
    There are others, though; Scorch, from Republic Commando was pretty great. Joker, from Mass Effect. It's also pretty hard not to like GLaDOS.

Spoiler: Movies
    Show
    Again, very difficult. Indiana Jones seems popular here, and for good reason. I don't think he's my absolute favourite, though. Can't help but like Hilts, from The Great Escape. Cavendish, too.
    Frozone is actually fantastic, and the Harry Potter universe probably has about five or six contenders - Fred & George Weasley, Mad-Eye, Sirius, Remus, Snape...
    Edit: Forgot Mcgonagall! Terrible mistake. Inexcusable, really.

Spoiler: TV
    Show
    Fluttershy.
    Picard. Data. Wash
    , from Firefly. House. Niles Crane. Hawkeye Pierce. Scrooge McDuck - and you can take your pick of interpretations from that one.

Spoiler: Books
    Show
    A surprisingly short list, given how much reading I've done in my life.
    Bartimaeus, no doubt. Nearly any hare from Redwall also makes the cut.

I can't help but feel that I'm missing so, so many...
    Last edited by Strigon; 2018-02-11 at 10:31 AM.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Overall...

I think it might be Indiana Jones.

Just on the general impression he leaves. A man of action, but not just violence. He lives in a world of temples, artifacts, death traps, whips, hats, swords, tanks, planes, horses, rats, snakes, tombs, horrors etc etc. It's not a straight up fantasy world, the face melting superpowers are a bit too subtle for that somehow, it's not steampunk, it's not just a standard action movie universe. The guy and his adventures strike a fine balance between outdoor badassery, impossible adventures and plain old nazi kicking.

I'm not even a particular super fan of the franchise, but he is the first person I think off when looking for my favorite character.

And yeah sure, Indiana is practically copied from early adventure serials, but I didn't grow up with those. I grew up with Indiana Jones and to an extend Crocodile Dundee and the Mummy.

Other favorites, in no particular order, include the Transporter, Sergeant Todd from Soldier, Donatello (the turtle), Dr. McNinja, Blade, Trinity (yes, that lines up nicely) from The Matrix, Zorro, the raptors from Jurassic Park, the xenomorph from Alien, the Thing and Hooch from Turner and Hooch.

My personal version of the Avengers/Expendables would look pretty ridiculous wouldn't it? Also pretty cool.
    Good call.
    Tough to pick a favourite, but Indy belongs in the top list easily.

Among your other favourites, if you mention THE MATRIX, I have to say: Persephone. Easily one of the most awesome women ever put on screen.
    Yeah, she didn't get much screentime, but rarely have I seen screentime utilised better.
    The scene when the hero trio exits the elevator and she pops up and offers her deal: that scene is one of the best scenes in all of the movies I have watched.

But Trinity, yeah, also that one. Few cinematic deaths have brought me to tears, but hers did that well. lRest in peace, Trinity
    Sidenote: If you want to see how hot her actress can be, watch the Baywatch episode in which she appears (Spoiler: no, she's not wearing a red swimsuit )

If we're going with favourite childhood characters, easily Scrooge McDuck, not close.
    So then let's put Indy as favourite teenage character.
    Which leaves 20s favourite....hmmm.....tough....
    Last edited by Mightymosy; 2018-02-11 at 11:35 AM.
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club
    What? It's not my fault we don't get a good-aligned female paragon of promiscuity!

I heard Blue is the color of irony on the internet.

I once fought against a dozen people defending a lady - until the mods took me down in the end.
    Want to see my prison tatoo?

*Branded for double posting*
    Sometimes, being bad feels so good.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure, Perrin from WoT is great, Kyle Katarn is always fun to follow, Thrawn is my favorite villain period, Moon Knight is fantastic, Cu Culuhainn is a party (in any class), Alucard (of Hellsing) is friggin awesome, Dracula (the original) is an amazing Vampire. Hmmm unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Mine is self evidently the best of all.

Spoiler: The best!
    Show

Sparkley. Muscles. Hell yeah.
    The only man allowed to sparkle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I'm not sure, Perrin from WoT is great, Kyle Katarn is always fun to follow, Thrawn is my favorite villain period, Moon Knight is fantastic, Cu Culuhainn is a party (in any class), Alucard (of Hellsing) is friggin awesome, Dracula (the original) is an amazing Vampire. Hmmm unsure.

The only man allowed to sparkle.
    Oh man, Thrawn was awesome.
    (Darth Vader would be an auto-include in the villain list as well, of course!)

While we're at Sci Fi villains, let's not forget about the Borg Queen. Yes I know, she contradicts the spirit of a collective, but man was she awesome to watch.
    Anyone remember that scene in the Voyager series when she and Janeway watch the shuttle trying to escape, and everyone expects that the Borg will shoot it any second. The Borg Queen then gives Janeway a look that says "You, dear, you don't understand anything" and let's the good guys escape unscathed. Priceless.

Also, Khan. Obviously.

Switching genres a bit, Magneto from the X-Men movies is one hell of an awesome villain.
    Also, Mystique (although she is not purely villain, as we learn later).

Oh, and Khan makes me think of the BBC Sherlock (who is awesome in its own right, and has Ms Adler to boot) which features Moriarty, with one of the best scenes in recent TV history:
    Sherlock: You’re insane.
    Moriarty: You’re just getting that now? (with a surpised look)
    Love that scene

There are just soooo many cool characters to to pick from! How can I pick a favourite?
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club
    What? It's not my fault we don't get a good-aligned female paragon of promiscuity!

I heard Blue is the color of irony on the internet.

I once fought against a dozen people defending a lady - until the mods took me down in the end.
    Want to see my prison tatoo?

*Branded for double posting*
    Sometimes, being bad feels so good.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

THats sadly impossible to answer concisely.

But lets say I assign each of Hero and "Villain" Type, and say its most likely one of them. And I discard (intentionally) Characters that have been done so many times I need to list the Comic/TVSeries/Etc version to be precise (or there might be a lot of listing^^).

Heroes:
    Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. For Depth of Character, Style and overall "just like him"ness
    Kvothe for the fact that
    Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show
    he`s actually most likely just a self absorbed big child with a 180+IQ and a lot of Talent following the obviously heroic path because he thinks thats his story...until a certain point (if that book ever appears^^).

Villains:

Grand Admiral Thrawn (as he showed the young impressionable me that a completely averagely powered guy with brains could do more to be threatening than all the Vaders and Palpatines together).
    Taravangian(From the Stormlight Archives) for
    Spoiler: Book
    Show
    somebody only after power/Knowledge to "Save the world", who ultimately gets exactly that....and a world full of horrible side effects to his actions to actually accomplish that....
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

25. - Top - End - #55

PirateGirl

At first, I thought I didn't really have a favorite character. But after giving it some thought, it occurred to me, I do have a clear favorite. Hank Hill.
    I write a horror blog in my spare time.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

If I had to narrow it down to one...

Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. Most relatable and hilarious character ever written and portrayed.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

I sometimes struggle to choose who my favorite character is within a particular work, there's no way I'm going to be able select someone across all fiction.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
    I sometimes struggle to choose who my favorite character is within a particular work, there's no way I'm going to be able select someone across all fiction.
    Yeah... I don't know how you guys manage to do that.

Though... I feel like if you put a gun to my head and made me choose.... Death* might be my pick. But really, that's very much a temporary choice I think.

*Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛᴀʟᴋs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs.
    Last edited by Kato; 2018-02-21 at 04:51 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by kato View Post
    yeah... I don't know how you guys manage to do that.

Though... I feel like if you put a gun to my head and made me choose.... Death* might be my pick. But really, that's very much a temporary choice i think.

*tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛᴀʟᴋs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs.
    bUT REALLY, EVERY CHOICE IS TEMPORARY
    Last edited by Lector87; 2018-02-21 at 09:06 AM.
    "...one may smile, and smile, and be a villain..."

JB: I don't get this at all. I thought Lo Pan...
    LP: Shut up, Mr. Burton! You are not put upon this world to "get it"!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

I put no thought into this and knee jerked with Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop. Undeniably cool, mysterious backstory and motives, a good guy but with fungible morals when it comes to the typical laws of society. Many characters from Bebop would probably fit for me. It was the first show I remember as a kid realizing that the character itself was as-if-not-more important than the plot.