New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Arcane Disciple Question

Since it allows you to cast the domain spells 1/day as arcane, it logically (to me anyway XD) follows that i can craft arcane versions of those spells as scrolls/wands/potions/etc, correct?
    Useful tips and hints for those wanting to try DDO out but are new (click the link and help my friend get 1 step closer to becoming a full time blogger) :)
    http://mylifeinstormreach.blogspot.com/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Arcane Disciple Question

I can't see any reason why not.

If you had Arcane Disciple (Healing Domain), you could craft an arcane Scroll of Cure Light Wounds (assuming you had the Scribe Scroll feat).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Looks like this would fall under researching a new spell, to craft an arcane version of the divine spells. The formula for that is spell level x 1,000 gp, and the research takes 1 week per spell level. This requires the DM thinks that these are "viable spells", but if you already have them as divine because of the feat, that's a very reasonable assumption.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrMotives View Post
    Looks like this would fall under researching a new spell, to craft an arcane version of the divine spells. The formula for that is spell level x 1,000 gp, and the research takes 1 week per spell level. This requires the DM thinks that these are "viable spells", but if you already have them as divine because of the feat, that's a very reasonable assumption.
    Through Arcane Disciple you can learn them as normal for your spell list therefore as arcane spells. Also due to Wyrm Wizard we know that any spell can be made arcane so researching arcane versions is not unviable.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flappeercraft View Post
    Through Arcane Disciple you can learn them as normal for your spell list therefore as arcane spells. Also due to Wyrm Wizard we know that any spell can be made arcane so researching arcane versions is not unviable.
    Hmm. Rereading the feat description, you are right. I stand corrected, no research is needed. Much like a cleric can create items to get around 1 cast per day, so can an arcane disciple character.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for the responses! :D
    Useful tips and hints for those wanting to try DDO out but are new (click the link and help my friend get 1 step closer to becoming a full time blogger) :)
    http://mylifeinstormreach.blogspot.com/