Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I'm bored and I need a game, hot single in demand players available

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    As for War Soul.

Oh yeah, you can do dirty things with that Soul Weapon Soulmeld. It's a magic weapon that you can create duplicates of until all your hands are full.

Happily, that's not my plan. Not even close. I've got two concepts I'm toying with. A whisper gnome with a whip dagger and a goliath with a thing for harpoons.

That said, having a limited supply of Essentia to power their 'melds is still a solid governor. There are few ways to pump that up, most that I know would cost me more than I'm willing to give up.

Honestly my big draw is having a weapon that scales with my level that I don't have to worry about losing. Lol
    HE doesnít mean dirty in the fun way, either. He was asking me how to disassemble a Manyfang Dagger earlier. Heís best kept on a short leash, but if heís a good little boy warsoul should be a nice little treat.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

HE doesnít mean dirty in the fun way, either. He was asking me how to disassemble a Manyfang Dagger earlier. Heís best kept on a short leash, but if heís a good little boy warsoul should be a nice little treat.
    That was for a TO exercise and you know it! Pbbbbt!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

In that case, I'll say both War Soul and Marksman are fine, with the caveat that if I find in play that bad things are happening, I reserve the right to nerf the bad things.
    One of my players: "I hate you. I spent like...3 hours pouring over lists of items for bards. Reading, learning, analyzing, trying to improve my knowledge of the game, as I have a major decision coming up. You know what I decided after all of this? Vest of Resistance +3. Simply because you are that evil. No Cloak of Charisma, no Bardic Music enhancers. NOPE. VEST OF RESISTANCE."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm fine with that. I'll likely go with War Soul over Marksman in this case. Marksman would be for the harpoon wielding goliath. The whisper gnome is of greater interest to me.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm Iím thinking of where to go. Man I wish cha to saves wasnít a paladin ability. XD

Iíll probabky grab some devotion feats. Too bad Draconic heritage is a sorcerer feat.

Wes, did you talk about setting more? Iím fiddling with my backstory in my head and Iíd like more stuff to work with. I guess I should look into the premise of the mod more as well.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I didn't notice we found a DM. Time to go through the list of templates for a good LA+2 race. Are you ok with pathfinder template conversions?
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and PLASMA CANNONS FOR HANDS. Amen.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm Iím thinking of where to go. Man I wish cha to saves wasnít a paladin ability. XD

Iíll probabky grab some devotion feats. Too bad Draconic heritage is a sorcerer feat.
    I'll waive that requirement so long as you have the dragonblood subtype.

Wes, did you talk about setting more? Iím fiddling with my backstory in my head and Iíd like more stuff to work with. I guess I should look into the premise of the mod more as well.
    No, not yet. I probably won't be able to get that up until Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenopax View Post
    I didn't notice we found a DM. Time to go through the list of templates for a good LA+2 race. Are you ok with pathfinder template conversions?
    I am completely unfamiliar with Pathfinder (I stick entirely with 3.5), but if it's in the PFSRD, then just link it to me and I'll take a look.
    One of my players: "I hate you. I spent like...3 hours pouring over lists of items for bards. Reading, learning, analyzing, trying to improve my knowledge of the game, as I have a major decision coming up. You know what I decided after all of this? Vest of Resistance +3. Simply because you are that evil. No Cloak of Charisma, no Bardic Music enhancers. NOPE. VEST OF RESISTANCE."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

WesleyVos, you say 32 point buy or 2d6+6. Can we roll first and then point buy if we do choose?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

WesleyVos, you say 32 point buy or 2d6+6. Can we roll first and then point buy if we do choose?
    Yeah, that's fine.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyVos View Post
    Yeah, that's fine.
    Great!

(2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[15]

Edit: yeah, 32 point buy for me.
    Last edited by TheArcaneCaster; 2018-01-13 at 10:22 PM.
    Sigtars also by the awesome Linklele.

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, I canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Polymorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

I'll waive that requirement so long as you have the dragonblood subtype.

No, not yet. I probably won't be able to get that up until Monday.

I am completely unfamiliar with Pathfinder (I stick entirely with 3.5), but if it's in the PFSRD, then just link it to me and I'll take a look.
    Cool, thank you. :3

Iíll roll some stats.
    (2d6+6)[12]

(2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[16]
    (2d6+6)[14]

(2d6+6)[9]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

(2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[17]
    (2d6+6)[15]

(2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[13]

I can work with this. Yes indeed
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2018-01-13 at 10:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

RedWizardGuy

(2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[16]
    (2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[17]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[8]
    Edit: Going with this
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-01-14 at 05:04 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

RedWizardGuy

Is age based ability score changes on?

Edit: Is anyone planning to go for a class with healing abilities?

Edit: Here's What i have so far, Redmond the Artificer.

Edit: Can Potions be used as thrown weapons? (I want to make Potions of Cause light wounds or something similar and use them for large groups of enemies)
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-01-14 at 07:38 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is age based ability score changes on?

Edit: Is anyone planning to go for a class with healing abilities?

Edit: Can Potions be used as thrown weapons? (I want to make Potions of Cause light wounds or something similar and use them for large groups of enemies)
    1) Yes, as long as you use it responsibly. No Venerable Dragonwrought Kobolds getting epic feats at level 1.

2) They will have to answer that, but I havenít seen one mentioned yet.

3) I will look at that when I get back to my computer - on my tablet at the moment.

4) That would be interesting, but I will have to say no. The rules donít support or plan for that, and I can see it getting out of hand very quickly.

16. - Top - End - #46

RedWizardGuy

) Yes, as long as you use it responsibly. No Venerable Dragonwrought Kobolds getting epic feats at level 1.

2) They will have to answer that, but I havenít seen one mentioned yet.

3) I will look at that when I get back to my computer - on my tablet at the moment.1

4) That would be interesting, but I will have to say no. The rules donít support or plan for that, and I can see it getting out of hand very quickly.
    1) time to reduce my character age then

4) Worth a try. I'll just use Alchemist fire and such instead.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

On first glance, I don't see anything that immediately stands out as abusive. I'll give it a more thorough look tomorrow.

Just so everyone knows, I can usually post 2-3 times per day during the week and 1-2 times on Saturdays (generally none on Sundays unless I'm really lucky with my time). I'm a children's pastor (hence the Sunday time-crunch) and a lawyer, so the only exceptions to that time schedule would be for major children's ministry events or if I'm stuck in court.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Works for me. I have a dead end job wherein I can manage to post several times a day. Wed and Thurs is my weekend, so I post a bit slower as I'm with my family.

19. - Top - End - #49

RedWizardGuy

I can post over 5 times a day (no real limits). I don't have anything better to do other than check these threads.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, look like I'm being dragonblooded one way or another.

Dragonborn would be best. Can I skip looking like a dragon/the fluff? Looking like a dragon might be awkward in this campaign.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Barawed Addemikk, Whisper Gnome WarSoul//Warblade is complete shy of fluff.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, look like I'm being dragonblooded one way or another.

Dragonborn would be best. Can I skip looking like a dragon/the fluff? Looking like a dragon might be awkward in this campaign.
    You can tone it down, though actually looking like a dragon could come in very handy, as by the time it would be a problem you should (hopefully) be at a point where it won't be too much of a hindrance (EDIT: I also reserve the right to make absolutely no sense sometimes). I leave it up to you. If you decide to tone it down, I would say just add some draconic features - maybe slitted pupils, a few scales on hands - more subtle impressions rather than overt dragon-like appearance.

Barawed Addemikk, Whisper Gnome WarSoul//Warblade is complete shy of fluff.
    I'll look it over tomorrow. No time today.
    Last edited by WesleyVos; 2018-01-14 at 01:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Debating, so rolling stats
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[12]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

I've never played RHOD before... posting interest as some flavor of swordsage or warblade, maybe? Lessee if the rolls will be good.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[11]
    (2d6+6)[8]

Edit: Nope. PB it is!

Edit2: Just curious, I am looking to use a specific kind of half-dragon that lacks both an immunity and a breath weapon (chiang-lung, half-chiang lung dragon details are on draconomicon 167) is there any way we can engineer/negotiate it down from LA +3?
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2018-01-15 at 12:47 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

(2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[17]
    (2d6+6)[14]
    (2d6+6)[13]
    (2d6+6)[15]
    (2d6+6)[11]

Edit: request for serene barbarian and Titan Mauler archetypes (PF).
    Iím not sure the tier for dragon shaman. Iíd like to gestalt with that.
    Edit: Tibbit + fabulous cats.
    Last edited by Plus one; 2018-01-15 at 11:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will get everything up and responded to later today or tomorrow. Something came up today unexpectedly.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Best of luck! Here's hoping you roll Nat20 on everything that comes up today!

29. - Top - End - #59

RedWizardGuy

I should have finished my spending. Just need to write some backstory.

Edit: I still have 400 so if anyone has any requests...
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-01-16 at 04:59 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hey, Xenopax, shouldn't you have +3 BAB? The sheet you've linked shows a +1...