Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Gestalt Way of the Wicked OOC

Out of Character thread here.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Gestalt Way of the Wicked OOC

Hello everyone! I'm Kat! I'm new to the forums here and thrilled to be given the chance to play in this game.

From what I've seen from a few other OOC threads, I think it's common practice to "claim" a color for your character's speech and thoughts...? If that's the case, I would like to pick firebrick red please (aka #B22222). Seems fitting for my little diabolist in the making.

I'm looking forward to playing alongside you all, and thank you again for the invitation, GM!

Side note: It seems I can't post the links to my character sheets for another 8 posts. GM, if you'd like to put the links here for transparency's sake, I'm okay with that.

Senara Davorim
    Kaellan Davorim
    Last edited by KatGrey; 2018-01-25 at 12:12 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Name: Alexandria Imperator picks RED for her speech color!
    Spoiler
    Show

Race: Taninim (Red Dragon) // Sorcerer
    Class: Draconic Exemplar
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Crime: Attempted Murder
    Appearence: Alexandria, in her normal form, is currently about the size of dog. Slightly dull red scales adorn her body, all the way down to her 4 taloned feet. Two small and (somewhat) sharp horns adorn her head. A pair of wings, somewhat frayed and torn from recent abuse, unfurl from her shoulders. Completing the look is a tail that swishes when Alexandria is interested in something. All in all, a classic red wyrmling look. Despite her small size, her muscles are quite well developed, and one would do well not to underestimate her.

When she is in her human form (which she has recently lost), she looks like a beautiful red-headed female with an excellent and curvy physique, golden eyes, and long legs. She prefers to dress in red. Hardly original, but her sense of style is eye-catching.

Personality: The two words most likely to describe Alexandria's personality are "Imperious" and "Greedy". Many other words also fit her, including malicious and confident, but it is the first two terms that define her, and has led to her current decrepit condition (but more on that later). Although she has not shown much of it in the recent past, Alexandria is also beginning to learn patience. Recent events have shown her the limits of brash arrogance and ill-thought-out plans, but old habits die hard. When she is engaged with a foe that has challenged her pride or hurt her physically, she has to summon her willpower to end the situation is a gruesome and painful manner.

Likes: Setting enemies on fire. Eating enemies. Shredding enemies with claws. Dealing out the pain. Gathering treasure. Being praised for her looks (in both forms). Plotting revenge against the dragon that humiliated and de-powered her.

Dislikes: Not being given treasure. Showing mercy. Taking orders from obviously inferior beings. Not being given proper respect.

Background: Talingarde used to much less densely populated with humanoids in centuries past. In those days, there were primitive tribes of humanoids and monstrous humanoids scattered around the island, and those that did reside on Talingarde lived in fear of the mightier races that inhabited the lands. One of the mightiest races that ruled were the dragons. For a long time, all cowered before the chromatic dragons. Even though they often fought amongst themselves, their individual might were usually enough to scare off or defeat any challengers. One fateful day, a graceful, wise, patient, and strong silver dragon arrived, and fought on the side of the humanoids, protecting them, shielding them. She was beaten, battered, and forced to flee. The chromatics thought of her as a nuisance, but they had dealt with metallic dragons before and they can do it again. The next time this silver dragon intervened, the humanoids fighting with her were better organized, armed, and knowledgeable. The silver dragon still lost, but this time the fight was closer. Annoyed, the chromatics captured one of the humanoid warriors, and interrogated him. The warrior would only keep mentioning the name of his tribe's draconic ally: Antharia Regina.

As time passed, Antharia gathered metallic draconic allies, and kept guiding and organizing the humanoids. Thus began a centuries-long war for dominance in Talingarde. Alexandria's mother was an arch-rival of Antharia Regina, and whenever the two bitter enemies clashed, the destruction would always be spectacular. Slowly, casualties on both sides wore at the draconic population of Talingarde, and the humanoids replenished at a far, FAR greater rate than the dragons do. The chromatics were losing the war of attrition, even though they were dealing heavy damage to the other side. Alexandria's mother, acutely aware of the possibility of losing the war, arranged for the Alexandria (a Young Adult at the time) to be hidden away in a demi-plane, in stasis, should the situation become dire. The hope is that, in the worse case scenario, some chromatics can be saved, and the metallic dragons will eventually leave. Alexandria witnessed her mother and a black dragon fighting back valiantly against Antharia and a Gold dragon ally, and the last thing she witnessed was Antharia's claw piercing her mother's heart! Alexandria's mother whispered the command word, and Alexandria was whisked to safety.

An unknown number of years pass, and Alexandria awakens to a vastly different landscape. There are no known evil dragons on the mainland (perhaps they had all died or fled or are hiding). No one has seen Antharia Regina in quite a while. The humans have built a virtuous, mighty kingdom and prospered thanks to Antharia's previous guidance. Alexandria, angry at this state of affairs, looked for something to destroy, to vent her anger on. She eventually heard that while Antharia has disappeared, one of her spawn, Argossarian the Silver, still lives on the island somewhere. The impulsive red dragon starts hunting the spawn of her hated enemy, not caring how many humans she burnt and murdered in the way. The two young adult dragons tussle more than once. For a while, it looked like Alexandria's mightier physical body is forcing Argossarian back. But the last fateful battle, near the northern frontier town of Farholde, showed the difference between the two. Argossarian had been feigning weakness, to draw Alexandria into a magical trap, and it worked brilliantly! The devolution ritual was painful, and the silver dragon taunted Alexandria the entire time. "I won't be the one to kill you. This ritual will reduce you to LESS than a wyrmling, and then I will toss you over to the humans, and let them execute you, you wretch. This is how it ends. This is the final humiliation for your kind in Talingarde. You will die a more pathetic death than the one your mother had!"

And Argossarian was true to his word. He delivered a battered, unconscious Alexandria, now no bigger than a dog, to a Knight of the Alerion named Sir Balin. Sir Balin delivered the wyrmling, along with a few other prisoners, to Branderscar. There, Alexandria waits her execution...her final humiliation...unless she can escape! She sends her prayers out to any deity that might listen, and is willing to make deals to escape and exact revenge!

Goals: Alexandria first and foremost wants to get revenge on the silver dragon that humiliated and defeated her. Secondarily, she wants to purge Talingarde of any metallic dragons she can find. Thirdly, she want to make all of Talingarde fear her and pay tribute to her. This is a long term goal, but she has learned some patience, and is even willing to ally with lesser beings in order to achieve this goal!

Hello KatGrey! Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your time here. It is indeed customary to choose a color, and also to repost your character info so we can all reference it easily.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-01-13 at 11:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

I'll claim purple as a colour for Riana.

Also, shouldn't this thread be in the "Out of Character" subforum?
    Last edited by ChrisAsmadi; 2018-01-12 at 10:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

It very much should be. I just didn't think OOC would be in the Recruitment area though.

Unrelated not, just a reminder about the safeword for this game. I intend to keep things PG-13, but something I find fine might upset someone. If a scene is too much, just post 'cinnamon butterscotch' to the IC thread.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I've never had a safewordin a PBP before...

But I doubt here's much in this AP to really disturb us. After all, DnD is about murderhobo-ing usually.

Ic thread here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post22745490
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-01-12 at 02:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Molker Vosk reporting in, picking Dark Green as his color.

8. - Top - End - #8

That is a thing, Frosty. Ultimately, I haven't played with any of you, so I don't know your tolerances at all. I'm just playing things safe.

Though there is a cookie for whoever gets the reference.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

So, how many players are in the party total?

10. - Top - End - #10

That would be 4 players, plus a class pet courtesy of KatGrey. The Eidolon is presently despawned, BTW.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. Now the question is...what can everyone do? I am unfamiliar with the Incanter and Legendary Kineticist classes, and I'm unsure of what Senara's second class is. Do we have any divine casters and healers?

Alexandria's spell DCs are not high, so she mostly uses them for utility and buffing, while her offense comes from mighty physical attacks.

12. - Top - End - #12

Riana has witch spellcasting, debuffs (from hexes and, eventually, from infusions) and ranged attacks.

Rolls:
    Riana, Perception: (1d20+4)[7]
    Riana, Sense Motive: (1d20+4)[16]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Cool. Now the question is...what can everyone do? I am unfamiliar with the Incanter and Legendary Kineticist classes, and I'm unsure of what Senara's second class is. Do we have any divine casters and healers?
    Incanter is the Spheres of Power caster class whose eyes glow as they hover ominously and scream "MAXIMUM VERSATILITY". While weak in combat, the class gets the largest selection of sphere powers of all the classes in that system. Currently Molker is specializing in the creation sphere, meaning he can summon barriers, tools and eventually even traps and such. With Divination secondary focus for intel gathering and warp for personal storage and teleportation, it makes sure that Molker always has stuff he can do when he's not rolling skill checks or stabbing dudes with his rogue abilities.

EDIT: Some questions as I work Molker's part of the escape plan. What kind of lock secures the cell? How are we restrained and what material is used for the restraints? Does it actively suppress magic or just restrict movement to the point of ruining somatic components? Are we normally observed by any guards when we're in the cell?
    Last edited by Aldurin; 2018-01-14 at 11:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Since I can't yet post the links to them, here are Senara's and Kaellan's character sheets. Speaking of safe words, I should mention that Senara's backstory includes references to some fairly dark things, so please read at your discretion.

As far as their capabilities, Senara is primarily a buffer/debuffer; the first half of her gestalt build is Summoner (whose spell list seems pretty heavily skewed toward buffing spells), and the second is Hedgewitch with the Black Magic and Covenant traditions. Black Magic will eventually allow me to pick up witch hexes as well, while Covenant grants access to cleric domains. The spheres I've chosen to start with are Destruction, Fate and Mind, which give a decently scaling ranged attack, a few more buffs/debuffs based on alignment and the ability to momentarily take control of another's actions. I don't plan to dabble into other spheres too much—my idea was to take the Alteration sphere next and stick to those four—but if it looks like we'll need more than infernal healing to stay on our feet, I don't have a problem picking up some talents in the Life sphere next. I also hope to take a level or two in the Diabolist prestige class when we get there.

Kaellan's shtick is pretty straightforward. He stands between most of us and the bad... err, good guys and swings a big sword. At 4th level, he'll gain the fighter simple class template which will give him bonus combat feats, weapon training and armor training (the last not super useful because eidolons can't wear armor, but oh well).

Spoiler: Senara Davorim
    Show
    Senara Davorim
    Female Human Blood Summoner 1 / Hedgewitch 1 / Gestalt 1
    LE Medium humanoid (human)
    Init +2 Senses Perception +1
    --------------------
    Defense
    --------------------
    AC 12 Touch 12 Flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
    HP 10 ((1d8)+2)
    Fort +2 Ref +2 Will +3
    --------------------
    Offense
    --------------------
    Speed 30 ft.
    Melee destructive blast -1 touch (1d6),
    . . fire blast -1 touch (1d6 fire)
    Ranged destructive blast +2 touch (1d6)
    . . fire blast +2 (1d6 fire)
    Special Attacks branding touch 6/day (1d6, -2), channel negative energy (DC 15, 1d6), curses 3/day (DC 15), touch of corruption 3/day (1d6)
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +6)
    . . 8/day—summon monster I
    . . at will—detect good

Summoner Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +6)
    . . 1st (3/day)—infernal healing (DC 16), mage armor (DC 16)
    . . 0 (at will)—daze (DC 15), detect magic, guidance (DC 15), mage hand
    --------------------
    Magic
    --------------------
    Caster Level 1; MSB +1; MSD 12; Concentration +6
    Tradition Custom (Addictive Casting, Painful Magic, Somatic Casting); CAM Cha
    Spell Points 6
    Destruction - CL 1; DC 15; Duration None; Range Close (25 ft.), Touch; Talents Fire Blast; Drawbacks Energy Focus (Fire)
    - Destructive Blast
    - Fire Blast
    Fate - CL 1; DC 15; Duration Hallow (1 minute), Serendipity (Concentration, 1 round); Range Word (Close), Consecration (20 ft. radius); Talents None; Drawbacks None
    - Hallow (Word)
    - Serendipity (Consecration)
    Mind - CL 1; DC 15; Duration Command (1 round), Suggestion (1 hour); Range Close (25 ft.); Talents Command; Drawbacks Lost in Translation
    - Command (Charm; Lesser, Greater)
    - Suggestion (Charm; Lesser, Greater)
    --------------------
    Statistics
    --------------------
    Str 7 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 20
    Base Atk +0 CMB -2 CMD 10
    FCB +1 Eidolon HP
    Feats Extra Evolution, Extra Magic Talent, Fear and Flame
    Traits Consorting with the Dark Powers, Gift for Magic
    Skills Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9, Heal +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +7, Knowledge (Nobility) +6, Knowledge (Planes) +7, Knowledge (Religion) +6, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +6, Use Magic Device +9
    Languages Common, Celestial, Infernal
    SQ boons (draw magic, easy focus), casting, eidolon, life link, oracle curse (branded), skills, tradition benefit, tradition power, traditions (black magic, covenant)
    Other Gear
    --------------------
    Special Abilities
    --------------------
    Addictive Casting Your magic is addictive. Whenever you spend one or more spell points, you must pass a Fortitude save against your addiction DC (Your addiction DC is 10, + 1 for each roll you have previously made. Thus, your first roll would be a DC 10, the second a DC 11, the third a DC 12, etc.). If you fail this save, you gain a minor addiction, suffering a -2 penalty to Constitution. Spending a spell point mitigates this penalty for 1 minute.

Each day you do not use a spell point, you may make a Fortitude save against your addiction DC to overcome your addiction. After making a save in this fashion, your addiction DC is reduced by 2. You must succeed at 2 consecutive saves to overcome your addiction. Unlike normal addictions, an addiction to magic cannot be cured with magic, although the Heal skill can be used to help overcome addictions similar to overcoming diseases.

If you already possess a minor addiction and fail your Fortitude save after spending spell points, you gain a moderate addiction. This gives you a -2 penalty to Constitution and Strength, and requires 3 saves to overcome. If you fail your save and already have a moderate addiction, you gain a severe addiction, suffering a -2 penalty to Dexterity, Constitution, Strength, Wisdom, and your primary casting attribute (if not Wisdom). If you overcome an addiction and later gain it again due to failing your Fortitude save, your addiction DC resets itself to its highest previous amount. This counts as 2 drawbacks when determining the number of spell points gained.

Casting (CL 1st, Charisma) A hedgewitch may combine spheres and talents to create magical effects. A hedgewitch is considered a Mid-Caster and may use either Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as her casting ability modifier and must make this choice at 1st level. Once made, this choice cannot be changed. (Note: All casters gain 2 bonus talents and may select a casting tradition the first time they gain the casting class feature.)

Consorting with the Dark Powers You have been found guilty of summoning an evil outsider. Likely you were captured by the famed witch hunter Sir Balin of Karfeld. The last thing he said to you was, “May Mitra have mercy upon your wretched, damned soul.” If only you could get a chance at revenge!
    Punishment: Death by burning
    Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus to Knowledge (planes) and Knowledge (arcana) checks, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.

Draw Magic You gain a +1 bonus to your caster level whenever at least 3 creatures under the effects of your sphere abilities are within 30 ft. of you. This bonus increases to +2 if there are at least 6 such creatures within 30 ft.

Easy Focus When maintaining a sphere ability through concentration, you only need to spend a move action to maintain concentration instead of a standard action. This does not decrease the sphere ability’s casting time, only the action used to maintain concentration.

Eidolon A summoner begins play with the ability to summon to her side a powerful outsider called an eidolon. The eidolon forms a link with the summoner, who forever after summons an aspect of the same creature. Each eidolon has a subtype, chosen when the eidolon is first summoned, that determines its origin and many of its abilities. An eidolon must be within one alignment step of the summoner who calls it (so a neutral good summoner can call a neutral, lawful good, or chaotic good eidolon) and can speak all of her languages. An eidolon is treated as a summoned creature, except it is not sent back to its home plane until reduced to a number of negative hit points equal to or greater than its Constitution score. In addition, due to its tie to its summoner, an eidolon can touch and attack creatures warded by protection from evil and similar effects that prevent contact with summoned creatures.

A summoner can summon her eidolon in a ritual that takes 1 minute to perform. When summoned in this way, the eidolon’s hit points are unchanged from the last time it was summoned. The only exception to this is if the eidolon was slain, in which case it returns with half its normal hit points. The eidolon does not heal naturally. The eidolon remains until dismissed by the summoner (a standard action). If the eidolon is sent back to its home plane due to death, it cannot be summoned again until the following day. The eidolon cannot be sent back to its home plane by means of dispel magic, but spells such as dismissal and banishment function normally. If the summoner is unconscious, asleep, or killed, her eidolon is immediately banished.

The eidolon takes a form shaped by the summoner’s desires. The eidolon’s Hit Dice, saving throws, skills, feats, and abilities are tied to the summoner’s class level and increase as the summoner gains levels. In addition, each eidolon gains a pool of evolution points based on the summoner’s class level that can be used to give the eidolon different abilities and powers. Whenever the summoner gains a level, she must decide how these points are spent, and they are set until she gains another level of summoner.

The eidolon’s physical appearance is up to the summoner, but it always appears as some sort of fantastical creature appropriate to its subtype. This control is not fine enough to make the eidolon appear like a specific creature. The eidolon also bears a glowing rune that is identical to a rune that appears on the summoner’s forehead as long as the eidolon is summoned. While this rune can be hidden through mundane means, it cannot be concealed through magic that changes appearance, such as alter self or polymorph (although invisibility does conceal it as long as the spell lasts).

Energy Focus (Destruction) You may only make a destructive blast of a single energy type. You may not gain any blast type talents, except with the bonus talent gained from this drawback.

Fear and Flame Prerequisites: Destruction sphere, Fire Blast talent
    When a creature is set on fire by your destructive blast, they must pass a Will save each round they remain on fire or become shaken. If shaken, they become frightened. If frightened, they become panicked. A successful save reduces the severity by one step and ending the on fire condition ends the effects of this feat, though not fear conditions from other sources.

Gift for Magic Choose a sphere (destruction). You gain a +2 trait bonus to your caster level with that sphere. This bonus cannot cause your caster level to exceed your HD.

Life Link (Su) At 1st level, a summoner forms a close bond with her eidolon. Whenever the eidolon takes enough damage to send it back to its home plane, as a reaction to the damage, the summoner can sacrifice any number of hit points she has without using an action. Each hit point sacrificed in this way prevents 1 point of damage dealt to the eidolon. This can prevent the eidolon from being sent back to its home plane.

In addition, the eidolon and the summoner must remain within 100 feet of one another for the eidolon to remain at full strength. If the eidolon is beyond 100 feet but closer than 1,000 feet, its current and maximum hit point totals are reduced by 50%. If the eidolon is more than 1,000 feet away but closer than 10,000 feet, its current and maximum hit point totals are reduced by 75%. If the eidolon is more than 10,000 feet away, it is immediately returned to its home plane. Current hit points lost in this way are not restored when the eidolon gets closer to its summoner, but its maximum hit point total does climb to the levels indicated and eventually returns to normal.

Lost in Translation The targets of your (charm) talents must share a language with you in order for the charms to take effect, and the language must be properly spoken to them as part of the casting. Creatures incapable of hearing you cannot be affected by your (charm) talents.

Painful Magic Your magic consumes you the more you rely on it. You must pass a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 the ability’s Caster Level) whenever you use magic, or be sickened for 1 round. If you use magic while sickened, you must pass a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 the ability’s Caster Level) or be nauseated for 1 round.

Skills A blood summoner adds Heal to her list of class skills.

Somatic Casting You must gesture to cast spells—a process that requires you to have at least 1 hand unoccupied. When using magic, you cannot wear armor heavier than light without incurring a chance of arcane spell failure. You may select this drawback twice. If taken a second time, you cannot wear any armor or use a shield without incurring a chance of arcane spell failure.

Summon Monster (Sp) At 1st level, a summoner can cast summon monster I as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. Drawing on this ability uses up the same power that the summoner uses to call her eidolon. As a result, she can use this ability only when her eidolon is not summoned. She can cast this spell as a standard action, and the creatures remain for 1 minute per level (instead of 1 round per level). At 3rd level, and every 2 levels thereafter, the power of this ability increases by 1 spell level, allowing her to summon more powerful creatures (to a maximum of summon monster IX at 17th level). At 19th level, this ability can be used as gate or summon monster IX. If used as gate, the summoner must pay any required material components. A summoner cannot have more than one summon monster or gate spell active in this way at one time. If this ability is used again, any existing summon monster or gate from this spell-like ability immediately ends. These summon spells are considered to be part of the summoner’s spell list for the purposes of spell trigger and spell completion items. In addition, the summoner can expend uses of this ability to fulfill the construction requirements of any magic item she creates, so long as she can use this ability to cast the required spell.

Traditions (Black Magic, Covenant) Hedgewitches draw power from their traditions, blending magic and hidden knowledge to powerful effect. A hedgewitch chooses two traditions at 1st level, gaining their class skills, tradition benefits, tradition powers, and their tradition masteries at 20th level. In addition, each tradition grants access to a number of secrets the hedgewitch may choose whenever she gains a secret.

--Black Magic
    Class Skills: Knowledge (Planes), Intimidate, Disguise

Tradition Benefit Choose an oracle curse (Branded).You gain this curse and its associated benefits, using your hedgewitch level as your effective oracle level. If you already possess an oracle’s curse (or gain one later), this instead allows your hedgewitch levels to stack with the levels of the class that grants access to the oracle’s curse.

----Oracle Curse (Branded): You have a visible scar on your forehead or arm that depicts a mystical symbol of some significance. You had no choice in the matter; the brand appeared with fire and searing pain. Your brand cannot be disguised or altered, even with magic, although you can still benefit from cover or concealment, and you can cover it by wearing a hood or robe (as appropriate). Some NPCs may recognize the brand and become hostile, per the GM’s choice. As a supernatural ability, you can touch an enemy for 1d6 +(1/2 your curse level) fire damage; any opponent who takes damage bears your symbol until an equal amount of damage is healed. Any branded opponent takes -2 to save versus your spells and spell-like abilities. You can perform this branding touch a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma bonus (minimum 1).

Tradition Power As a standard action, you may curse a target within 30 ft. You may bestow a number of curses in a day equal to 3 + 1/2 your hedgewitch level. Targets may make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 hedgewitch level + casting ability modifier) to negate the curse. Treat your hedgewitch level as your caster level for the purpose of removing one of your curses. You may always dismiss your own curses as a free action.

At 1st level, you may give a target a -2 penalty to attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws for a number of rounds equal to your casting ability modifier. This improves to -4 at 9th level. This does not stack with itself.

--Covenant
    Class Skills: Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Planes), Knowledge (Religion)

Tradition Benefit Select an alignment from the following list: chaos, evil, good, or law. This must be an alignment you possess (if you are neutral, you may choose any of the above alignments for this purpose). You gain an aura of your chosen alignment as a cleric of equal level. In addition, you may detect your opposite alignment (good and evil oppose one another, just as law and chaos oppose one another) as if using the detect alignment Divination ability. To use this ability, you must spend a move action and focus on a single item or creature within 60 feet. You do not detect alignment in any other object or creature when using this ability in this way.

Tradition Power If you are of good alignment (or neutral and choose to channel positive energy) you may touch a creature as a standard action (or yourself as a swift action) and heal that target 1d6 hit points per 2 hedgewitch levels (minimum: 1d6). You may use this ability a total number of times per day equal to 3 + 1/2 your hedgewitch level. You may use this ability to harm undead, which is a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity. Undead do not receive a saving throw against this damage. This counts as positive energy.

If you are evil (or neutral and choose to channel negative energy), this ability instead harms living creatures and heals undead. This counts as negative energy.

This ability counts as possessing the lay on hands or touch of corruption class features (depending on whether you channel positive or negative energy) for the purpose of qualifying for and using feats that modify these abilities.

You may also expend two uses of this ability to channel energy, as the cleric class feature. As a standard action, you release a wave of energy through your holy (or unholy) symbol, affecting all creatures of one type (living or undead, your choice) within 30 ft, healing or harming them just as if you had touched them, except creatures that take damage from channeled energy may make a Will saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your hedgewitch level + your casting ability modifier) to halve the damage. You may choose whether or not you wish to include yourself in this effect. This requires a holy (or unholy) symbol to use, and counts as possessing the channel energy class feature when qualifying for and using feats.
    --------------------
    Description
    --------------------
    Slightly taller than the average woman and possessing a slender though gracefully​ proportioned figure, Senara is the ideal to which other highborn woman aspire to be. Her wide-set blue eyes are framed by a fan of dark lashes and always seem to hold a measure of warmth for everyone she meets. The rest of her features—from her slim, slightly upturned nose to her plush lips—are delicately appointed and give one the impression of being in the company of a woman of unrivalled sweetness. Such an impression is only enhanced by the rosy blush of her cheeks, the only spot of colour on otherwise fair, unblemished skin that tells the story of a life lived without toil or hardship.

For those who don't truly know her, Senara has a gentle nature and a demure bearing. Always with a ready smile and a kind word, she often seems to effortlessly puts others at ease. A champion of the common people, she isn't one to allow differences in race or social status affect her treatment of others. Having an open and honest mien, Senara comes across as the sort of woman one could easily confide in and trust to keep her word.

In truth, Senara's beauty and kindness are surpassed only by her deceptiveness and her sweet smile belies an ambitious, scheming nature. Courtesy, compassion and empathy are merely a few of the weapons in this lady's arsenal, all of which she employs in the single-minded pursuit of her desires.
    --------------------
    Backstory
    --------------------
    Senara Davorim has always been very good at seeming to be very good. Daughter of a former military man whose family was granted the Barony of Ravensport just outside of Deveryn after the senior line of House Davorim—a cadet line of House Barca—was ousted by the Asmodean Purges, Senara has used her family's wealth and status to help foster an impression of herself within the community as a compassionate and kind young woman. She made sure to be seen giving alms to the poor and visiting orphans at the local Mitran church. She even went so far as to have her parents send her to study at a convent school dedicated to St. Macarius “so that she might be able to better help the needy”—conveniently around the time she learned of her parents discussing her marriage prospects. So it was that she made herself seem above reproach in the eyes of the good people of Ravensport, even as she began to earn a certain reputation among the more rakish men in town. And it was one such man who would take the life of her beloved brother, Kaellan, and unknowingly set Senara on the path toward true evil.

Kadrian Devereux was a handsome if roguish man, well-liked by the ladies of Ravensport and Senara was no exception. It was little wonder the young noblewoman was drawn to him; his most admirable qualities—his gallantry, his boldness, his ruggedness—were the same ones she so highly prized in the man she loved most in the world: Kaellan. In time, however, it became more and more difficult for Senara to look past Kadrian's shortcomings in comparison to her brother and eventually her ardor for the man cooled. Betrayed and deprived of a possible future of wealth and comfort, Kadrian took to bragging about his affair with the young Lady of Ravensport in the town's taverns. Once word of her indiscretions reached her family, Kaellan, ever the noble one, challenged Kadrian to a duel for his sister's honor. And although Kaellan was the superior swordsman—trained in Talingarde’s military as all the Davorim men before him—Kadrian was an unscrupulous fighter, and when Senara's spurned ex-lover saw a blow coming that would leave him grievously injured, the villain spat in Kaellan’s face, blinding the nobleman just long enough to run him through the back with his sword. Senara remembers the day the local guard came to her family's Manor to deliver the terrible news. Kaellan, beloved brother and son and the future of House Davorim, had been killed in a duel, and the villain who slew him had long since fled town. All of Ravensport was devastated by the loss, but none more so than Senara, and when neither her family's prayers nor their money could convince the Mitran church to return her brother to life, in her grief she turned the God of her forebears. As a young girl who often found ways of sneaking out of the busy household without her parents noticing, Senara had long ago discovered a secret cellar within the Manor where the the former Barons Ravensport​ would practice their devotion to Asmodeus. In another time, Senara would have been horrified by the rites and rituals that were detailed in the dusty copy of The Asmodean Monograph she found down there, but after Kaellan's death she no longer held the same convictions she once did. And once she discovered a ritual that would bring him back to life, she knew then that there was no price she wouldn't pay to have her brother back again. The ritual, however, required the blood of the one who had slain him, and no sign of Kadrian had been found since that fateful day. But as fate would have it, Kadrian did leave a bit of himself behind before he fled town. For in the weeks preceding the duel that would irrevocably change their lives, Kadrian had lain with a another woman, Aliana, and got her with child.

In the time since Kaellan's death, the townsfolk had all but forgotten about the unseemly rumors surrounding Senara. Not even Aliana—now destitute after being turned out of her home by her Mitran-fearing parents upon learning of her condition—suspected a thing when the favored daughter of Ravensport approached her with a generous offer. She could come work in her family's household, away from the judgemental stares of the townspeople. The Davorim were a bit more liberal-minded than most, after all, and once the baby was born, her family would see that it was given to a loving family of means to raise as their own. It was as good a life as a bastard child of a housemaid could hope for, at least. Aliana tearfully accepted the offer, and Senara would spend the next several months establishing a rapport with her, making sure that the woman had everything she needed and that her workload was never too heavy or stressful. Nothing would endanger the life of the unborn child Aliana was carrying. Nothing would stop her from bringing her brother back.

As Senara's devotion to Asmodeus grew, so too did her command of the arcane. For while her beauty and her cunning had been her only weapons before she found the Lord, Asmodeus had seen fit to bestow upon her, among other things, the ability to subjugate weaker minds. It made it all the more easy to convince two other servants to go along with her fell scheme. One night, late into Aliana’s pregnancy, Senara the woman in her room near tears. Word had spread that her parents were employing an unmarried pregnant woman in their household and the Mitran church was threatening to send for their orders inquisitors, she lied. Her family could lose their holdings, their titles, and their livelihood, to say nothing of all the people they helped with their fortune. If she was at all grateful for what her family did for her, Aliana would allow the healer to take the babe early and send it to be raised at a nearby monastery of St. Macarius. After much tearful convincing and a bit of magical persuasion, she got Aliana to accompany her the stables. Upon finding out that the operation would be performed by Senara who, although having studied medicine at the convent school, was no healer, the pregnant Aliana began to have misgivings. But, for Senara, there was no going back. Commanding her enthralled servants to hold her down and keep her quiet, Senara set to her grisly task. Aliana's death, while not intended, was no great tragedy, though she pretended otherwise for the servants’ sakes. She always did love to go for walks along the borders of the estate and listen to the birds sing, she mentioned sadly to her accomplices afterward. And so she instructed them to take her body and bury it out in the woods. And in the meantime, she said she would have one of the drivers deliver the baby boy to the monastery. Another lie. That night, she gathered the babe into her arms and secreted him down to the hidden cellar where she began the profane ritual to resurrect her brother. Began, but could not complete; having overestimated the limits of her burgeoning magic, her servants broke free of her control and ran to tell the Mitran priests of the evil Senara had compelled them to do. She was partway through the ceremony—her brother's body lying upon the altar but his soul still in limbo—when the Mitrans stormed the cellar, their longswords glinting in the light of the black candles. Before they could properly take in the scene, Kaellan's eyes opened and the symbol of Asmodeus flared to life upon his brow. Leaping off of the altar, he charged at the men, teeth bared and eyes glowing a demonic red. Despite his newfound strength, the Mitrans eventually cut the unarmed man down, whereupon his body simply vanished.

Devastated at having lost her brother a second time, Senara didn't put up a fight as the Mitrans clapped her in irons and took her from her home. Her Kaellan was lost forever, the one chance she had to bring him back squandered by the untimely interruption of Sir Balin and his men. But as they marched her through her family's home and into the cart that would take her to prison, her brother's voice rang out in her mind. Beloved sister, dry your eyes. I am still with you. And together, we will take our revenge against those who would try to keep us apart. The words echoed in her mind and filled her heart, even as Sir Balin looked upon her with disdain before proclaiming “May Mitra have mercy upon your damned, wretched soul” and hooding her. Beneath the burlap sack, Senara smiled.

Spoiler: Kaellan Davorim
    Show
    Kaellan Davorim
    Male Human Eidolon 1
    LE Medium humanoid/outsider (human, native)
    Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +12
    --------------------
    Defense
    --------------------
    AC 15 Touch 11 Flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +4 natural armor)
    HP 13 ((1d10)+1+1+1)
    Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2
    --------------------
    Offense
    --------------------
    Speed 30 ft.
    Melee slam +5 (1d8+6)
    Ranged
    Special Attacks evolution pool (2), evolutions (improved natural armor, skilled [Perception])
    --------------------
    Statistics
    --------------------
    Str 18 Dex 12 Con 13 Int 7 Wis 10 Cha 11
    Base Atk +1 CMB +5 CMD 16
    Feats Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longsword), Power Attack
    Skills Climb +8, Intimidate +4, Perception +12, Sense Motive +4, Survival +4
    Languages Common, Celestial, Infernal
    SQ ancestor eidolon progression lv. 1, bonus feat, darkvision, limbs (arms), limbs (legs), link, share spells, skilled, slam
    Other Gear
    --------------------
    Special Abilities
    --------------------
    Ancestor Eidolon At 1st level, an ancestor eidolon gains all of the racial traits associated with its summoner’s race; a summoner who isn’t a 0-Hit Die creature must choose one 0-Hit Die race of her choice from the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. For any effect dependent on class level, an ancestor eidolon uses its total Hit Dice instead (such as with the human’s skilled racial trait). An ancestor eidolon counts as a creature of its chosen race’s type and subtype for all effects, except for the purpose of meeting feat prerequisite requirements. An ancestor eidolon gains only the standard racial traits of its race; it cannot select alternate racial traits.

Eidolon Skills (Climb, Intimidate, Ride, Survival)

Evolutions Each eidolon receives a pool of evolution points, based on the summoner's class level, that can be used to give the eidolon different abilities and powers. Whenever the summoner gains a level, she must decide how these points are spent, and they are set until she gains another level of summoner.

Improved Natural Armor (Ex) An eidolon's hide grows thick fur, rigid scales, or bony plates, giving it a +2 bonus to its natural armor. This evolution can be taken once for every five levels the summoner possesses.

Skilled (Ex) An eidolon becomes especially adept at a specific skill, gaining a +8 racial bonus on that skill. This evolution can be selected more than once. Its effects do not stack. Each time an eidolon selects this evolution, it applies to a different skill.

Link (Ex) A summoner and her eidolon share a mental link allows for communication across any distance (as long as they are on the same plane). This communication is a free action, allowing the summoner to give orders to her eidolon at any time. In addition, magic items interfere with the summoner's connection to her eidolon. As a result, the summoner and her eidolon share magic item slots. For example, if the summoner is wearing a ring, her eidolon can wear no more than one ring. In case of a conflict, the items worn by the summoner remain active, and those used by the eidolon become dormant. The eidolon must possess the appropriate appendages to utilize a magic item.

Share Spells (Ex) The summoner may cast a spell with a target of “you” on her eidolon (as a spell with a range of touch) instead of on herself. A summoner can cast spells on her eidolon even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the eidolon's type (outsider). Spells cast in this way must come from the summoner spell list. This ability does not allow the eidolon to share abilities that are not spells, even if they function like spells.
    --------------------
    Description
    --------------------
    A man of regal bearing, Kaellan stands proudly at 6'4" and a solid 220 pounds. Far from an indolent nobleman, years of rigorous military drills have left Kael in excellent physical condition, broad through the shoulders and trim in the waist. His red eyes—once green—smoulder like banked embers and hold a near ever-present glint of maliciousness which only serves to enhance the man's imposing mien.

Noble. Gallant. Honorable. Before his untimely demise, Kaellan was known for these virtues and more. Even since his resurrection by the will of Asmodeus, Kaellan still possesses a measure of such valor, though it is often overshadowed by other, less than admirable, qualities. Bravery in the face of battle has given way to bloodlust, often giving others the impression that the man is frequently on brink of violence. When he's forced to rein in these impulses, his dealings with others are most often defined by a thinly disguised contempt for those who have yet to impress upon him their usefulness. But more than anything else, Kaellan's defining trait seems to be a single-minded, even unhealthy, devotion to his sister, Senara—one that the young woman wholly reciprocates.

Also, on second thought (and after remembering that I have two characters that will often be talking), I'd like to claim blue gray (#6699CC) as Senara's speech color, and Kaellan will instead take fire brick as his color.
    Last edited by KatGrey; 2018-01-14 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Darned typos

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by KatGrey View Post
    Black Magic will eventually allow me to pick up witch hexes as well
    We might be able to get some use out of Coven down the line if we both end up with a spare Hex with which to take it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

So it looks like we have a crap ton of debuffs, but less in the way of area blasting. I'll be the main front-line it looks like. Do we have healing besides Infernal Healing? I'm gonna need it

Spoiler: Rolls when Sgt Blackerly is here
    Show

Perception: (1d20+3)[8]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+3)[17]

17. - Top - End - #17

Sorry Frosty, but those rolls aren't going to get you much of anything.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAsmadi
    We might be able to get some use out of Coven down the line if we both end up with a spare Hex with which to take it.
    I thought the same thing. I've no problem using one of the Hedgewitch's secrets to pick up the Coven hex later on, and since they already get the equivalent of the Evil Eye and Misfortune hexes through their curses class feature, I had a short list of hexes I'd pick up anyway.

Also, are we supposed to keep our rolls to this thread? I tried to put them in a spoiler in the game thread and somehow managed to mess up the dice roller tag for it, but I guess it's a good thing if they aren't meant to be there anyway.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I usually put my rolls in the IC game thread, and spoilers and dice tags usually work just fine. Just make sure to do it right.
    Protip: Do not "Preview post" when including rolls in your post.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2018-01-14 at 09:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Well it isn't often that I try to do things wrong. But if previewing a post would cause the dice tag to malfunction, that might be a useful tidbit to add to the "Using the Forum Dice Roller" guide. Just saying.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Please forgive the double post, but after spending some time using the dice rolling test thread and employing Frosty's very helpful protip, I think I'm ready to make those rolls now.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+1)[21]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+5)[14]

Any idea if it's okay to preview a post before you add dice tags or should previewing generally be avoided if you're going to include rolls? All jokes aside, I do try to get things right the first time, which then leads to obsessively previewing posts (a habit from posting on the Paizo boards, where you can only edit a post within 59 minutes of submitting it).

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KatGrey View Post
    Please forgive the double post, but after spending some time using the dice rolling test thread and employing Frosty's very helpful protip, I think I'm ready to make those rolls now.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception: [roll0]
    Sense Motive: [roll1]

Any idea if it's okay to preview a post before you add dice tags or should previewing generally be avoided if you're going to include rolls? All jokes aside, I do try to get things right the first time, which then leads to obsessively previewing posts (a habit from posting on the Paizo boards, where you can only edit a post within 59 minutes of submitting it).
    Glad to see you got it working! You can preview the post as much as you want as long as you do it *before* you add in any dice rolls.

23. - Top - End - #23

Another things that's annoying about the built in roller here is that the results aren't viewable on mobile. Makes checking on things during a coffee break difficult, to be sure.

As for where to put rolls, the IC thread is generally preferred, though with how often I expect to PM during this game it won't be odd there. And KatGrey, would you please redo that roll? If you don't want to clutter IC a PM to me will be fine.

EDIT: Nevermind, you already got that. Hold on and I'll give you your results.

DoubleEDIT: Nothing on Sense Motive, but you do see a form shackled in another cell. It looks to be an ogre. From this distance, it's moving around about as much as you guys.
    Last edited by ZeroSpace9000; 2018-01-14 at 11:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Perception: (1d20+4)[16]

25. - Top - End - #25

I thought we were going to do rolls either in the IC thread, or in PM.

Anyways, PM incoming.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'm doing most of my rolls in IC. Would knowledge (arcana) be helpful in seeing if that silk scarf could be a magical item of some sort?

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSpace9000 View Post
    I thought we were going to do rolls either in the IC thread, or in PM.

Anyways, PM incoming.
    Some rolls just work better in the OOC - anything you need the results of before you write a post, for instance (such as a save vs a known effect's DC).

28. - Top - End - #28

Well that's interesting. It seems roll don't work in PMs, or at least the Know. Arcana roll I asked from Aldurin didn't.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Here you go: (1d20+8)[27]

30. - Top - End - #30

That'll get you a full list of what's in the scarf.

-2 daggers (seperate)
    -Bullseye lantern (pre-loaded with oil)
    -50ft hemp rope
    -Bag with clothes and Spell Components
    -Masterwork Thieves Tools
    -Portable hole-in-a-wall (2ft by 4ft)
    -Potion of Cure Light Wounds
    -100gp
    -Holy symbol of Asmodeus

Other than the items themselves and the scarf, this is identical to a Robe of Useful Items. Have fun.