New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Help finding some classes?

Hey playground,

I've been away from 2e for a while and with a messy divorce I've pretty much lost every book in the collection. I've been trying to piece stuff together and it's taking a quick minute to try to do all that again with the way prices are for used stuff. Anyway, I have a chance of jumping back into another game that may go well into higher levels and I'm having troubles remembering a couple Dark Sun classes.

They were 20+ classes. One good aligned and one bad aligned and the capstone of each class was that it turned the character into some sort of monster. I forget what the good aligned class did but the bad one turned the character into a dragon. I know they mixed magic and psionics together.

Anyone remember what these were called and what book they were in? Thanks ahead of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    Friends don't let friends do Starmetal.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Help finding some classes?

Quote Originally Posted by CIDE View Post
    Hey playground,

I've been away from 2e for a while and with a messy divorce I've pretty much lost every book in the collection. I've been trying to piece stuff together and it's taking a quick minute to try to do all that again with the way prices are for used stuff. Anyway, I have a chance of jumping back into another game that may go well into higher levels and I'm having troubles remembering a couple Dark Sun classes.

They were 20+ classes. One good aligned and one bad aligned and the capstone of each class was that it turned the character into some sort of monster. I forget what the good aligned class did but the bad one turned the character into a dragon. I know they mixed magic and psionics together.

Anyone remember what these were called and what book they were in? Thanks ahead of time.
    Dragons, Avangions, and Elemental Clerics. They were in Dragon Kings

Dragons were 20/20 Defiler/Psionicists who cast a big magic spell to become immortal dragons, turning more dragon-like as they went along.
    Avangions were 20/20 Preserver/Psionicists who cast a big magic spell to become an immortal butterfly, turning more butterfly-like as they went along.
    Elemental Clerics were 20/20 Cleric/Psionicists who turned into elementals. Rather than become elemental-like, they simply shapeshifted into elementals for a time each day.

Dragons and Avangions both gained more abilities at each level, which might be what you are thinking of.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

That was exactly it! I never noticed or I didn't remember the cleric option at all. Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    Friends don't let friends do Starmetal.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Druid/Psionicists can become Spirits of the Land, as well.

If you're using the demi-human level limits, then half-elves and humans are the only races that can become "advanced beings" (and half-elves can only become Dragons).
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season