New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Looking for rpg systems to do two things.

I've been listening to some litRPG books and now I'm wondering if there are any games out there that can actually do some of the more significant things in them.

First off is there a game system anywhere that focuses on the building and creation of cities ect? Like ranks cities by level ect?

Second off is there a system that ranks dungeons by levels, resources they provide, ect?

Or to put it another way are there systems out there that treat dungeons and cities like characters with stat sheets and leveling up and expansion that way?
    Last edited by Verbannon; 2018-01-12 at 03:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Looking for rpg systems to do two things.

Not that i know of, want to make one?

Just saying, start as a tavern or inn, develop into a thorpe, hamlet, village, town, city and so on. Each level needs certain population. The city can have a major and minor focus that determines "class". Things like this. But then you have to define the premise of the games, why level, what does one do as a city character, what time table do you use?
    Last edited by stanleyindraven; 2018-01-13 at 09:11 AM.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sadly, I have no idea where to find such a system. If you want to make up one from scratch, this article might be of use: Medieval Demographics Made Easy.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wasnt there a computer game like this, city builder thing - I forget the name now
    Low Fantasy Gaming RPG - Free PDF at the link: https://lowfantasygaming.com/
    $1 Adventure Frameworks - RPG Mini Adventures: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=645444
    Midlands Low Magic Sandbox Setting - https://lowfantasygaming.com/2017/12...x-setting-pdf/
    GM Toolkits - Traps, Hirelings, Blackpowder, Mass Battle, 5e Hardmode, Olde World Loot http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...Fantasy-Gaming

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Berenger View Post
    Sadly, I have no idea where to find such a system. If you want to make up one from scratch, this article might be of use: Medieval Demographics Made Easy.
    This is one of my favorite resources. I would also recommend "A Magical Medieval Society - Western Europe" by Expeditious Retreat Press. The OD&D Rules Cyclopedia also had an OK system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikerlord View Post
    Wasnt there a computer game like this, city builder thing - I forget the name now
    There was a game called "Banished" that did the medieval-ish city builder thing that was quite good.

To the OP, not that I've seen... but the concept is really interesting...
    Last edited by Tipsy_Pooka; 2018-01-14 at 07:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Reign and Adventurer, Conquerer, King are the two I've seen most often suggested for kingdom-building type stuff.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use