Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Results 451 to 474 of 474
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    You don't know what the bramblemen are other than they're some kind of plant creatures or constructs. They don't outwardly appear to be undead or demons but, you couldn't rule that out for sure right now.

    You don't even know where you are, so it would be pretty difficult for you to know things about the area.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

  2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    That's fair.

    I vote
    1H) Scream "What's happening here?" and try to figure out intentions, following an attempt of Speechcraft (Specialty: Persuasion) to talk them all into a halt, even if temporary.

    Or failing that 1D. Maybe if we watch one of them will be like "I'm a villain!" And the other will be like "I hate villains!"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfooted View Post
    Nice to know you're consistently homicidal, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Xihirli's ability to stay alive has befuddled all of science for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    I love you, you kooky loon.

  3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    Current Date: Spring 17/91, Year 1.
    Health: 13/16
    Water: 2/3 Days
    Rations: 4 Days
    Divine Magic: Normal

    You attempt to sense if they're evil or not. You feel your deity acknowledge this attempt and then.... not give any specific response. So you figure neither the humans or the bramblemen are specifically undead or demonic or strongly cursed, though that leaves room for all sorts of things an individual might view as "evil" like being a thoughtless killing machine or chewing with their mouth open.

    You call out to them in the only language you know that they might know. The bramblemen don't respond other that to very briefly look over in your direction, see you, and continue their fight. The humans also look your way and a few say something in what you assume is Adish. After a moment the wizardy looking fellow calls out in rather broken Ulati, "Busy fight. No concentration talk. Help?"

    Choice 1: Fight?
    1A) Help the humans. (specify how)
    1B) Help the bramblemen. (specify how)
    1C) Just try to mess with both sides (specify how)
    1D) Just watch and wait for things to end.
    1E) Ignore the fight and try to climb the wall.
    1F) Run away and try and get out of the forest.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

  4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    1b) well the bramblemen are better than men. 9 times out of 10. Well keep it even and do a quick amen before we hit the businessmen time and time again.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-05-08 at 10:32 PM.



  5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zweanslord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    Choice 1: Fight?
    1E) Ignore the fight and try to climb the wall.

  6. - Top - End - #456
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    1A) Help the humans. Bless them to fight good?(all i could think of)

  7. - Top - End - #457
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    I don't want to help a side when we still don't have any idea why they are fighting. Maybe we just need to formulate a better question?

    1G) Ask our deity to help us find out why this fight is going on.

    If that doesn't help or isn't possible I think we should

    1H) Search the environment for any clue why they are fighting.

    And finally, if nothing of that is possible

    1E) Ignore the fight and try to climb the wall.

    Maybe there is a clue behind the wall?

  8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    1e) ignore the fight, climb the wall
    Time Paradox WW 2: Let's Do The Time Warp Again!
    Fix the timestream! Work with the Doctor!
    Break the timestream! Cause paradoxes!
    Monetize the timestream! Somehow!

  9. - Top - End - #459
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    Current Date: Spring 17/91, Year 1.
    Health: 13/16
    Water: 2/3 Days
    Rations: 4 Days
    Divine Magic: Normal

    You ignore the fight and go to climb the wall. When you're barely off the ground the part of the wall you're on moves suddenly and you fall back onto your butt as two more bramblemen come out of the part you were attempting to climb and more plantlife fills the part of the wall they came out of. The bramblemen raise their arms to attack.

    Choice 1
    1A) Attack the bramblemen
    1B) Retreat back to where the humans are and try to fight together
    1C) Try to run away
    1D) Try to cast a spell to do something
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-05-11 at 04:21 PM.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

  10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    B) welp no more helping the bramblemen the humans could help us safety in numbers and all that.



  11. - Top - End - #461
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    Hello? Where everyone be?
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

  12. - Top - End - #462
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    I'll agree with 1B) Retreat back to where the humans are and try to fight together
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfooted View Post
    Nice to know you're consistently homicidal, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Xihirli's ability to stay alive has befuddled all of science for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    I love you, you kooky loon.

  13. - Top - End - #463
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    Current Date: Spring 17/91, Year 1.
    Health: 13/16
    Water: 2/3 Days
    Rations: 4 Days
    Divine Magic: Normal

    You hastily retreat back towards the humans while being chased by the bramblemen. One of the armored humans says something you don't understand, but you do understand the annoyed groan of one of the others. You manage to evade being grabbed or clawed as you get over to them, but don't accomplish more than fumbling your scythe off your back as the humans and bramblemen (that aren't chasing you) continue fighting.

    While you run over, the man with the hatchets gets picked up and thrown into a tree, there is the sound of cracking bone and the man moans weakly and doesn't seem like they're going to be getting up. Maybe ever again.
    The man with the battleaxe takes a deep chop into the brambleman they're fighting and it seems to barely be able to stand afterwards, fumbling about.

    Choice 1: Fight
    1A) Scythe one of the bramblemen who were after you
    1B) Try and aid one of the humans (which one?)
    1C) Try to run away
    1D) Try to cast a spell to do something
    1F) Use White Mystery Potion (drink, apply to something, or throw?) and try to do one of the above options (which?)
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

  14. - Top - End - #464
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    It's a bad idea to fight us.

    1A) Scythe one of the bramblemen who were after you
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfooted View Post
    Nice to know you're consistently homicidal, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Xihirli's ability to stay alive has befuddled all of science for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    I love you, you kooky loon.

  15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    A) i'm with xihirli on this one.



  16. - Top - End - #466
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    Current Date: Spring 17/91, Year 1.
    Health: 11/16
    Water: 2/3 Days
    Rations: 4 Days
    Divine Magic: Normal

    You swing powerfully, but trip and miss your target as well as leaving yourself very open to attack by the two bramblemen near you. They both land solid blows on you and you fall down in a bad way as you scramble to get away from being stomped on. (You take 2 damage.)

    As far as the others go, the bramblemen make very slight headway vs the humans but neither side looks particularly cool doing so.

    Choice 1: Fight
    1A) Scythe one of the bramblemen who were after you
    1B) Try and aid one of the humans (which one?)
    1C) Try to run away
    1D) Try to cast a spell to do something
    1F) Use White Mystery Potion (drink, apply to something, or throw?) and try to do one of the above options (which?)
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

  17. - Top - End - #467
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    It's not a bad idea to fight us.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfooted View Post
    Nice to know you're consistently homicidal, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Xihirli's ability to stay alive has befuddled all of science for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    I love you, you kooky loon.

  18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    f) throw it at the humans. it's obviously a strength potion.
    d)cast a protective shield to protect the humans.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-05-18 at 01:34 PM.



  19. - Top - End - #469
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Astral Plane
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    I don't know if they'd appreciate broken glass in their body even if it did serve as a net positive so how about just
    1D) Try to cast a spell to do something: Shield to protect the humans and not that.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfooted View Post
    Nice to know you're consistently homicidal, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Xihirli's ability to stay alive has befuddled all of science for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    I love you, you kooky loon.

  20. - Top - End - #470
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    I guess it's just you two playing now?


    Current Date: Spring 17/91, Year 1.
    Health: 10/16
    Water: 2/3 Days
    Rations: 4 Days
    Divine Magic: Unstable

    You pray to your god to protect the humans, trying to conjure forth some sort of shield. The magic channels through you, but you feel your connection become unstable as it does. More unstable than usual that is. In the air around each of the humans there appears slowly fading into existences, dozens of softly glowing disembodied hands in every color of the rainbow (and shades and colors that aren't in rainbows too, really the rainbow only has so many colors and isn't fully representative of every color, Stop Rainbow Supremacy Now!). The hands are spaced out enough for the humans to see and move out of the way for their attacks and get in the way of the bramblemen's and grab and squeeze and tear at the bramblemen that approach the humans.
    For the moment, because of how surprising this is for everyone, not a lot of advantage has been gained. But the humans haven't been hurt anymore and you're sure they'll press the advantage soon.

    As for yourself who didn't get protected by your god's divine hand(s), you get punched in the face pretty hard by one of the bramblemen while distracted. But at least the force of the blow sends you reeling backwards enough that you can continue backpedalling until the humans and the hands are in the way if the bramblemen continue after you.

    Choice 1: Fight
    1A) Scythe one of the bramblemen
    1B) Try and aid one of the humans (which one?)
    1C) Try to run away
    1D) Try to cast a spell to do something
    1F) Use White Mystery Potion (drink, apply to something, or throw?) and try to do one of the above options (which?)
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

  21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    A) glad that worked.



  22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    A) Try to scythe the closest of the bramblemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    "In the Eyes of the Great Beyond, you are constrained to each other's embrace until the day you perish"
    "Hey, that sounded more like a curse than a wedding" Your mortal customs are foreign to me. Is there a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    REAL mages speak Modron!
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    If I ever tried to cast animate dead or conjure animals at my table, my DM would reveal an AK47 and kill everyone in the room and then himself.

  23. - Top - End - #473
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    Current Date: Spring 17/91, Year 1.
    Health: 10/16
    Water: 2/3 Days
    Rations: 4 Days
    Divine Magic: Unstable

    With all the humans and hands blocking the bramblemen's paths, you find it a lot easier to come in for a strong strike against one. One of the humans (a little hard to tell which with all the hands being so distracting) assist you in chopping that brambleman into large chunks that go inert. The humans get a few blows in against the bramblemen, but overall it seems like the hands are taking a while for everyone to get used to.

    Choice 1: Fight
    1A) Scythe one of the bramblemen
    1B) Try and aid one of the humans (which one?)
    1C) Try to run away
    1D) Try to cast a spell to do something
    1F) Use White Mystery Potion (drink, apply to something, or throw?) and try to do one of the above options (which?)
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

  24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017

    Default Re: An Adventure of Your Choosing (Always looking for new voters)

    A) keep on slaying the bramblemen



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •