New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: The messengers

1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The messengers

Dafydd

Dafydd chuckles at Eammon's remark. "Any night's rest we can walk away from is a good one, I suppose. Nothing rids weariness like a soft bed though, and I suppose we'll be seeing fewer of those, at least until we reach our destination. Ah, but the forest in fall is a lovely sight." He eagerly breathes in the crisp air around them as he dons his armor. When everyone is prepared to leave, he shoulders his pack and takes his place at a distance behind Ozz as the company sets off.
    Proud Happy Biscuit (TM) salesman

avatar: Fence the gypsy halfling rogue by Sampi

2. - Top - End - #152

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz gets up and streches a little before putting his armor back on. He assumes his spot in the marching order as normal, then smiles and remarks "Ah, I slept well. How are the rest of you doing?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

The night was quiet, but as Dagg presumed, it was also very cold. But finally morning came and you were ready to continue your journey.

You leave the small village of Tuskinhoe behind, and follow the road heading East. The scenery is different, instead of forests, you're now surrounded with endless fields, where the locals grow wheat and sunflower.

(The night was extremely cold. DC 10 Fortitude save to avoid catching cold. :) )
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

4. - Top - End - #154

Lorrick

Fort Save: (1d20+5)[19]

Lorrick wakes up, shrugging off the night and packing for the morning.
    Last edited by mdsoze; 2007-09-25 at 09:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155

Eammon

Fort save: (1d20+1)[5]

"Cuszed be dat piest," says Eammon as he walks and sniffles.
    Last edited by ag30476; 2007-09-25 at 10:32 AM.
    Arena Initiate Referee

6. - Top - End - #156

BardGuy

Fort save: (d20+1)[19]

Kaz feels fine.
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2007-09-25 at 10:24 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf
    HP: 16/16; AC: 17, touch 14, flat 14

Ozz stretches his limbs in an attempt to warm up somewhat, arching his back like a cat. "Och! Ah'll nae say ill o' a priest. Least wi'in his reach," he adds with a grin. "So, let's quit this place and git moovin', nae?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude: (1d20+4)[13]
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

8. - Top - End - #158

Dafydd attempts to shake off the cold.

Spoiler
    Show
    fort - (1d20+7)[26]

Turns out, he was actually feeling kind of warm the night before.
    Last edited by obliged_salmon; 2007-09-25 at 01:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Fort Save - (1d20+6)[14]

Before re-donning his armor, Dagg stretches his legs a bit. "It's wonderful day, isn't it? Nothing like a bit of frost to make you feel alive. If only we had some icy water to bathe in, this morning would be perfect."

He hauls up his gear after extracting some trail rations and begins eating them with vigor.
    Last edited by Dethcom1; 2007-09-25 at 02:31 PM.
    The setting of Warhammer 40,000 can be summarized in one sentence: The most virtuous, naive, pure of heart, goody-two-shoes race... are basically space Nazis. Yeah.

10. - Top - End - #160

After getting, up, you continue your journey to the west. It's a lovely day with a nice weather, and nothing disrupts your voyage. You meet only local farmers on the road, and you reach the next village, Ginston, around two in the afternoon. The village seems to be a peaceful one, everyone is doing their daily job. You didn't have lunch today, and starting to feel hungry.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

11. - Top - End - #161

Dafydd

Dafydd pauses on the road, feeling his stomach grumbling. "What say we stop for a meal, gentlemen? I have some trail rations, if needed."

12. - Top - End - #162

BardGuy

Kaz

"I have some rations too, but we're at a village. Would you prefer to save the rations and eat a nice hot meal instead? It might do Eammon some good; he's looking a bit under the weather."

13. - Top - End - #163

Dafydd

"Ah, yes, I can almost smell something delicious nearby...nothing like good bread and broth to cure what ails. And wine of course." Dafydd heads in the direction of anything that smells good, or some kind of tavern which might serve them such.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf

The goblin grins his wolf's grin. "A bit ta eat'd be a blessin', Ah'll tell ya!" he says as he follows Dafydd's lead.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-09-27 at 05:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Eammon

"I cand thmell nudthing," says weary Eammon while the raven flies high above.
    Arena Initiate Referee

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

"I can stand a meal." He too follows Daffyd.
    The setting of Warhammer 40,000 can be summarized in one sentence: The most virtuous, naive, pure of heart, goody-two-shoes race... are basically space Nazis. Yeah.

17. - Top - End - #167

At the center of the village, you find a small tavern. It's a rather old building, and somewhat larger than the surrounding houses. The tavern is open, and a few locals are eating or drinking there.

18. - Top - End - #168

Dafydd

Dafydd approaches whoever seems to be in charge of the establishment. "Hello, good sir (or madam). Have you a morsel of bread and meat, and perhaps a drop of wine for my good companions and myself, perchance?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Dafydd zaps inkeeper with his laser eyebeams of +7 diplomacy check

19. - Top - End - #169

An old fat man is the bartander, and the owner of this place, called "The Three-Legged Donkey". He looks at your group with a taint of distrust, but he nevertheless guides you to a lagre table.

But of course! I've gotsa the finest fried pork in all West of Wolverineton! - he speaks with the pride of of a craftsmen, and even very gently when it becomes clear that you can actually pay for your meals.

He gets a small note sheet, and writes down your orders, and if nothing very special is inquired, he will serve you your meals and a bottle of red wine or ginger ale in half an hour.

20. - Top - End - #170

Lorrick

Lorrick lets the paladin handle the talking. What he does is look around the restaurant for any additional provisions. He'll also make note if the pork is salted or smoked or otherwise prepared in a manner that will preserve it long term.

Oh, and ginger ale with his meal.

21. - Top - End - #171

BardGuy

Kaz

Kaz greets the innkeeper kindly and orders the standard meal. He'll opt for the wine with his meal. Kaz then says "Much better then that priest's place eh? The pork sounds pretty good. More importantly, we've been making good time. Should we stay here tonight or move on?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg sits down heavily, orders mead and venison, and replies, "What, and go sightseeing? We've a good few hours of daylight left. I say we keep moving until about midnight. We can all see in darkness, right? I'm wanting to get to these elf lands before war breaks out, after all."

He grins suddenly, and punches Kaz in the arm. "Bah, you're probably just not used to some hard walking. You're too used to the city, you cityfolk. Can't handle a good day's walk. Not to insult the city at all, it must be very comfortable if you love being cramped."

When the venison arrives, he tears into it and eats ravenously.

23. - Top - End - #173

Dafydd

Dafydd orders enough of the delectable pork and wine to feed himself twice over, and probably thirds afterwards. "Never know how long it'll be before we get a chance at a good meal again, eh?" During the meal, he begins telling old wild elf folk stories. When the meal is over, he adds his opinion, "Yes, we'll be traveling on. I don't know if I could go until midnight again though...can't see in pitch blackness after all. Our human companions would be harder pressed as well."

Spoiler
    Show
    untrained perform storytelling check to see if he can attract onlookers. Roll result in OOC...it was a 9.
    Last edited by obliged_salmon; 2007-10-01 at 11:50 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Eammon

Even Daffyd's wild tales can't cheer Eammon up as he sits grumpily. Constantly wiping his nose, he pushes his plate away. At least the raven will get a good meal.
    Arena Initiate Referee

25. - Top - End - #175

The meal is filling, and you feel ready for another march. Daffydd's stories reached some attention. A couple of foresters, drinking quietly in a corner, look at the paladin now with almost tangible distrust. They frown upon the elf as he continues, but remain at their table, and continue drinking. You hear that they are talking about "pansy elfs" and "whiny treehuggers" at some times.

26. - Top - End - #176

Dafydd

Dafydd attempts somewhat uselessly to ignore the comments of the foresters, but the chip on his shoulder continues to grow nonetheless. He purposefully rises from his seat and approaches the sneering men. "Ah, what a quaint little town this is, where they let the dogs eat upright at their dinner tables." He smiles quite pleasantly at the group, his hands held at ease behind his back.

27. - Top - End - #177

The foresters, four large, able-bodied men, jump off their chairs at the insult. They stare at the elf in a quite threatening way, and one of them starts to crackle the bones of his wrist.

Whaddya say, treehugger fairy?! - he says loudly. - I tell ya, these bastards keep attacking us from the woods! I'ma teach the fairy some manner now!

The other foresters, of course didn't fail to spot the massive sword the paladin carries.

Tom, sheriff said no kililng 'round. But these treehuger lack tha spine to fight like a man, I tellya. - says another forester.

As you look around, you notice a buch of axes placed near the foresters' table, altough they didn't seem to think about picking them up

Whaddaya say, fairy?! Are you man enough to back up your words? - the first one adresses Dafydd, still cracking his bones, anticipating a bar fight.

28. - Top - End - #178

Dafydd

"Teach ME manners?" Dafydd snarls, "It seems to me like you boys are the ones who need to learn a lesson about multiculturalism. So who's my first pupil?" He brandishes his fists menacingly at the closest of them. The thought nags at him, though, that they mentioned something about other elves attacking them in the forest.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dagg

Dagg is jubilant over the prospect of a fight. He grins widely at the lumberjacks. "Thank you for this. I needed a good fight to help me digest. Perhaps after this you can tell us what you mean by elf attacks?"

He draws his axes and leaves them on the table before walking to Dafydd.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Ozzgar the Wolf

"OCH! Can't a fella git a bite ta eat wi'oot a fight breakin' oot? Well, ye're roo-in-in mah lunch, so ye'll be payin' fer it," the goblin growls as he moves to stand opposite Dagg next to Dafydd and loudly cracks his knuckles. Ozz grins at the lumberjacks, baring his many sharp teeth.