Thread: Lifesucker

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Lifesucker

When this weapon deals combat damage, it cleans the opponents wound of blood, and transfers that blood into you, granting hit points equal to the amount of damage dealt.

Your hit points cannot go above max as a result of this effect.

Sneak attack, critical etc. damage is not included in this effect. (only the base weapon damage, and enhancement bonuses apply).

For example. a BBEG stabs a MGNG (medium good nice guy) with this weapon, he does 1d6 sneak attack, 1d6 from his weapons flaming ability, and rolls a x2 critical hit. His weapon also has a +1 enhancement bonus. The sneak attack and fire damage don't count. and neither does the extra damage granted by a critical hit. The base damage, and enhancement bonus, do count.

I don't know if this should be a base price modifier, or simply cost gp, and i dont know how much it should cost.

also, i'm thinking this is an evil effect, and thus good characters cant use it.
    Last edited by RAGE KING!; 2007-08-24 at 09:16 PM.
    - I like the world. Some of my best evilness took place here. I wouldn't mind ruling it, in fact.
    - Nah, Teevo is helping me edit my submission to "World's Funniest Protagonist Deaths"
    - Badass. REALLY badass.

Nominated for Xykon in the Playground:

Official Biophiliac of the Xykon fan club.

REALLY badass avatar by Dr.Bath

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lifesucker

...anyone?
    - I like the world. Some of my best evilness took place here. I wouldn't mind ruling it, in fact.
    - Nah, Teevo is helping me edit my submission to "World's Funniest Protagonist Deaths"
    - Badass. REALLY badass.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I would say to go from Vampiric Touch (3rd level spell), continual use, with a limited power... and get a hunch for a value like that.
    Also, do the "stolen" HPs persist for more than an hour? Are these temporary HPs? If it is real healing then it should cost a substantial amout. I'll dig out my books tomorrow for an estimate, maybe.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I'd say a plus two or three enhancement, erring on three. As an interesting side effect, you might wan't to make it so that there's a twenty percent, or so chance, that you take the damage from the hit instead of healing it, as they may have a different blood type. I would say that the only alignments that can't use it are Chaotic and Nuetral Good, and Lawful Good Can use it on enemies it belives are intentionaly evil.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Got another interesting result from this ability: they wouldn't bleed to death if you knocked them out with it. Actually, this implies less evil, which is an interesting idea.
    Quote of the [insert timeframe here]: (Week? Perhaps! Year? Also maybe.)
    "Those who have learned to walk on the threshold of the unknown worlds...may then with the fair white wings of Imagination hope to soar further into the unexplored amidst which we live."
    -Augusta Ada Lovelace

(Kairos avatar by Elrond)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd say it's a +3 enhancment value, as is. As is it permanently heals HP, not with Temporary Hit Points.

+2 if it gives Temporary Hit points instead, that disappear after an hour or so.
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

permanent.

The weapon is magical, it changes the blood type!
    - Badass. REALLY badass.