New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Role playing Collection

Hey all,

New to this Forum,

I'm just wanting to know if any of you have huge role playing book collections...

I have over 2000 role playing books/box sets.
    some photos below if your curious :)

s44.photobucket.com/user/Melkesideck/library/?sort=3&page=1

Cheers
    Melkesideck
    Last edited by Melkesideck; 2018-01-16 at 05:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Role playing Collection

Mine has fluctuated over the years, and currently a lot is in storage. Nowhere near 2000, though.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I can't give an exact count because I've lent a load of my 'Cyberpunk 20202' books to a mate whose running a 'Bladerunner' campaign. But roughly in the region of a 120-150
    Mainly Vampire: The Masquerade, Changeling : The Dreaming, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, Warhammer and Call of Cthulhu
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd guess also about 100-150 RPG books in my collection: 1-2E AD&D and BX/BECMI/RC mostly (Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Dragonlance, Mystara, and Greyhawk), also some 2E Shadowrun and just about all of Palladium's Robotech stuff. Plus a bunch of SSI Gold Box games and BG I & II. Oh! Also DragonStrike, the dragon-back flight simulator! Man, that was a fun game!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I don’t hav3 a big a collection anymore. I sold off some and gave some away. Looking back now I wish I hadn’t but oh well.

couldn’t tell you the number of books but it was neat 200 maybe more.

Basic, Expert and master D&D with many of the modules
    AD&D 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the time. many of the modules, campaign settings, all the skinny complete books, etc.

James Bond with all the books

Pendragon 2nd edition I believe

Call of cthulhu 4th, and 5th edition with many of the other books a mix of older and newer editions at the time.

Toon

Tmnt

Boothill

Traveller

merp with many of the suplements.

Rolemaster with a few other books like Sea law

Ghostbusters

Vampire, werewolf, Mage, wraith, changeling, mummy, tons of the supplements. 2nd and 3rd editions

runequest 3rd edition

Bushido

Flashing Blades

Ysigard

Necroscope

That’s all I can recall from back then, like 30 years ago.

Current I have the anniversary set for 1st edition AD&d, 3rd, 4th, an 5th with many supplements for 4 th and some for 5th. Call of Cthulhu 6th an 7th edition with a couple of suplements. Bunnies and Burrows, Aces and Eights, Red Dwarf, Dogs in the Vineyard, Lord of the rings one, Edge of the Empire, And the other 2 star wars ones that have slipped my mind now.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

No "collection" because my wife "hates clutter", instead I have hundreds, maybe thousands of items (I started in 1978) stored in corners of the attic, basement, garage, a storage space I rent, and hidden at work, few of it readily available, except for some oD&D stuff I hide under my desk at work, and some 1e AD&D stuff, at home and at work, I could probably get to about a dozen different games each from home or work within 30 minutes, if I'm unobserved, more Chaosium BRP at work, and more 7th Sea at home.

I have two copies each of 5e D&D core rules (at home, and at work), ironically my favorite games Pendragon and Stormbringer, are probably the most buried, because I despaired of ever getting to play them.

Long buried are mostly forgotten games like Fringeworthy, Empire of the Petal Throne, The Morrow Project, Space 1989, Gamma World, Top Secret, Other Suns, Imagine, Chivalry & Sorcery, Car Wars, Invasion Earth, and many more.

No time and opportunities to play them.

I'm feeling pretty sad now.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I am a collector myself. I definitely don't have anywhere near 2000 books though.

Off the top of my head I've got all Core, Accessories and FR Campaign Setting books for both ADnD 2nd and 3rd Edition which is probably around 100 books total.

All 5th Edition DnD stuff including adventure modules.

I've also got the core updated "premium" reprints for both 2nd and 3rd edition DnD.

A whole lot of d20 stuff, Starwars D20, Firefly, Cthulu.

Both 4th and 5th Edition of Shadowrun, basically everything.

All the premium reprints of the ODnD stuff.

Primeval Thule, All books.

All Traveller Books for like... 3 different editions.

Paranoia... obviously.

MM books.

All of the various West End Games Star Wars books.

Those are just the... "Mainstream" titles.

All told I probably have around 600 books. Most of those are packed up by system. The only ones currently out are the premium reprints of the ODnD and ADnD 2nd Edition as well as the DnD 5E stuff.