New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Plane War I, Raise your Own Kingdom and Protect the Gods (3.5)

Sara's Granted extra Action
    Cast: Disintegrate: ranged touch attack, ray takes 2d6 points of damage per caster level (to a maximum of 40d6)
    Targert Paragon Balor, To HIT: (1d20+54)[73]
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (object) >> DC 88 <<
    Spell Resistance: Yes <caster level check (1d20 + caster level)> (1d20+47)[60]

Damage (40d6)[134]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Sara's Granted extra Action
    Cast: Disintegrate: ranged touch attack, ray takes 2d6 points of damage per caster level (to a maximum of 40d6)
    Targert Paragon Balor, To HIT: [roll0]
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (object) >> DC 88 <<
    Spell Resistance: Yes <caster level check (1d20 + caster level)> [roll1]

Damage [roll2]
    @Samduke, you're out of range for the WRT actually.

Edit: Update

Edit 2: Rolls don't work on edits so will have to post again
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-03-12 at 01:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Update

As Meraxen charges at the Balor, it finally strikes it down. Killing it immediately.

The Demon that Meraxen didn't recognize flies charging towards Meraxen, attacking him with its claws, a bite, it's wings and even spinning to hit with it's tail.

Claw Attacks: (1d20+58)[76] (1d20+58)[68]
    Claw Damage: (4d6+16)[27] (4d6+16)[36]
    If one hits it grapples you (1d20+60)[78]

Bite Attack: (1d20+52)[71]
    Bite Damage (4d8+8)[23]
    *If hits, lose one of your spells prepared for the highest level you can cast and the spell points that would cost to cast it.

Wing Attacks: (1d20+50)[54] (1d20+50)[55]
    Wing Damage: (2d6+8)[20] (2d6+8)[16]

Tail Attack: (1d20+50)[52]
    Tail Damage: (4d8+8)[31]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Retcon: WRT targets Meraxen.

Meraxen drops to initiative count 19.

Swift Action: Divine Recovery to recover War Leader's Charge (1 turn undead)
    Non-action: Divine Impetus to take an extra swift action this round (1 turn undead)
    2nd Swift Action: 60ft move via Travel Devotion to position above the ?? demon for charge/dive attack
    Non-action: Divine Impetus to take an extra swift action this round (1 turn undead)
    Free Action: Divine Fury for +4 to hit, +d10 damage (1 turn undead)
    Full Round Action: War Leader's Charge (Charge attack, +35 damage)

jump check for leap attack - (d20+20)[32]

First Attack - (d20+69)[80]
    damage - (12d6+322)[360] untyped - (d10)[1] sonic - (d6)[2]
    If this hits Meraxen gets free trip (Shield Charge) and bullrush (Knockback) attempts.
    Opposed Str to Trip - (d20+24)[41]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[33]
    If they are tripped, Meraxen gets a free bonus attack via Improved Trip
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+69)[81]
    damage - (12d6+322)[363] untyped - (d10)[6] sonic - (d6)[6]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[75]

jump check for leap attack - (d20+25)[37]

Haste Attack - (d20+69)[86]
    damage - (12d6+322)[358] untyped - (d10)[10] sonic - (d6)[1]
    If this hits Meraxen gets free trip (Shield Charge) and bullrush (Knockback) attempts.
    Opposed Str to Trip - (d20+24)[36]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[36]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+69)[70]
    damage - (12d6+322)[378] untyped - (d10)[10] sonic - (d6)[3]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[57]

Second Attack - (d20+64)[74]
    damage - (12d6+322)[369] untyped - (d10)[8] sonic - (d6)[1]
    Opposed Str to Trip - (d20+24)[32]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[34]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+69)[88]
    damage - (12d6+322)[369] untyped - (d10)[1] sonic - (d6)[6]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[70]

Third Attack - (d20+59)[69]
    damage - (12d6+322)[364] untyped - (d10)[1] sonic - (d6)[3]
    Opposed Str to Trip - (d20+24)[44]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[46]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+69)[70]
    damage - (12d6+322)[360] untyped - (d10)[6] sonic - (d6)[4]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[72]

3rd Swift Action: Divine Recovery to recover White Raven Tactics (1 turn undead)
    4th Swift Action: self-target WRT

Meraxen drops to initiative count 18.

Swift Action: Divine Recovery to recover War Leader's Charge (1 turn undead)
    2nd Swift Action: 60ft move via Travel Devotion to position above the ?? demon for charge/dive attack
    Free Action: Divine Fury for +4 to hit, +d10 damage (1 turn undead)
    Full Round Action: War Leader's Charge (Charge attack, +35 damage)

jump check for leap attack - (d20+25)[34]

First Attack - (d20+69)[77]
    damage - (12d6+322)[362] untyped - (d10)[6] sonic - (d6)[6]
    Opposed Str to Trip - (d20+24)[38]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[28]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+69)[73]
    damage - (12d6+322)[360] untyped - (d10)[6] sonic - (d6)[1]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[64]

Haste Attack - (d20+69)[85]
    damage - (12d6+322)[359] untyped - (d10)[9] sonic - (d6)[3]
    Opposed Str to Trip - (d20+24)[42]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[41]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+69)[86]
    damage - (12d6+322)[362] untyped - (d10)[9] sonic - (d6)[1]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[69]

Second Attack - (d20+64)[78]
    damage - (12d6+322)[353] untyped - (d10)[3] sonic - (d6)[6]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[36]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+69)[73]
    damage - (12d6+322)[360] untyped - (d10)[6] sonic - (d6)[5]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[63]

Third Attack - (d20+59)[65]
    damage - (12d6+322)[357] untyped - (d10)[2] sonic - (d6)[4]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[44]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+69)[89]
    damage - (12d6+322)[372] untyped - (d10)[3] sonic - (d6)[1]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[71]

3rd Swift Action: self-target WRT

(Can repeat 6 more times before the demon gets a turn if it seems like attacks are doing damage but the enemy is still alive; otherwise, I'll start casting spells for those turns if the attacks this far seem ineffective.)
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Retcon Update

As Meraxen charges at the creature, you see it is easily knocked down and torn apart limb from limb. You get to tear it apart so badly that you can see it's heart or at least what you believe to be so but it is still beating. Making matters worse, it seems that his flesh is rejoining and the parts that had fallen dying while they are replaced. You inspect it for a second or two and at the rate at which it is regenerating it seems like it might be back up soon, you estimate between 2 and 5 minutes from now.

Suddenly you hear a small coughing sound, in it's dying breath the Paragon Balor beside you that has been just dropped seconds ago seemed to have just been knocked out and begins to cough up blood, in between the spurts of blood coming out it seems to attempt to utter some words and goes unconscious before finishing. It continues to bleed and BOOM! A flash of light emits from it, exploding all around it, immediately disintegrating all in it's path. The stone below your feet seems to have held on but barely. The area is rough terrain now.

Meraxen must roll a Reflex Save DC 40 or take 100 damage. If he makles it he takes 50.

Edit: 5,000 xp to Meraxen, 2,500 to all else (since Meraxen was the only one who actually fought.)
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-03-15 at 06:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by flappeercraft View Post
    Retcon Update

As Meraxen charges at the creature, you see it is easily knocked down and torn apart limb from limb. You get to tear it apart so badly that you can see it's heart or at least what you believe to be so but it is still beating. Making matters worse, it seems that his flesh is rejoining and the parts that had fallen dying while they are replaced. You inspect it for a second or two and at the rate at which it is regenerating it seems like it might be back up soon, you estimate between 2 and 5 minutes from now.

Suddenly you hear a small coughing sound, in it's dying breath the Paragon Balor beside you that has been just dropped seconds ago seemed to have just been knocked out and begins to cough up blood, in between the spurts of blood coming out it seems to attempt to utter some words and goes unconscious before finishing. It continues to bleed and BOOM! A flash of light emits from it, exploding all around it, immediately disintegrating all in it's path. The stone below your feet seems to have held on but barely. The area is rough terrain now.

Meraxen must roll a Reflex Save DC 40 or take 100 damage. If he makles it he takes 50.
    reflex - (d20+23)[36] (evaded if success)

Meraxen looks surprised as the fiend apparently reassembles itself. He scratches his head.

*Grunt* "We'll see about that!" (Casts Banishment on the pile of guts)
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Your magic rushes out of your outstretched arm towards the pile of guts of what used to be a Demon, for a moment it seems like it is being affected, becoming slightly seethough and all of it contracting seemingly attempting to resist the magic but after a brief moment your spell is repelled.

8. - Top - End - #98

BlueKnightGuy

"Hmmph...Okay, let's try this." (Casts Wall of Stone as a dome to entrap the pile of guts)

Also going to cast a Stoneshape to smooth and repair the damage to the stone floor from the last battle.
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Ok floor is fixed but how do you shape the stone wall? Like a small dome over them? A small separator of the parts? A cage?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

cast mordikens disjunction on the guts.. then banish that should do the trick

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You cast a Mordenkainens Disjunction on the guts which seems to do nothing to what you recognize as an Infernal and nothing to the breach. You follow it up with a banishment which this time successfully gets rid of it.

"Nice job everyone. Chances are there will be one more encounter but I don't know yet, depends on luck at this point. I would reccomend making any last second preparations."

The last 20 minutes pass by and strangely, it seems like the hordes have stopped coming through.

In the final seconds a bright red light, coming from Quid shines through all of the field covering everything, noticeably the magic of an artifact and a loud fizzle and crack sound comes from there.
    "I guess that's all. Mission accomplished, we have the information, but unfortunately our means of analyzing the breaches has died out so we will get no further information from this. Good job to all.

You all do a fine job, might I offer you a spot at the DDC? Of course this is not an automatic invitation, you would all need to pass one test but I have the feeling that you just might pass it."

12. - Top - End - #102

BlueKnightGuy

"Good work, people."

Meraxen raises an eye ridge.

"What sort of test?"
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Combat against a DDC member. You can pick which one of a couple of options. There will be 6 of us present for the evaluations. The Soul of the Frost, Chin Lun Gaar, Phantom, Puppet Master, Tazur the Teleporter and myself. Of course since there are 3 of you, you may choose to do group combat and do a 3 on 3 combat. If you decide to do singles combat then no one may pick the same opponent to qualify for membership. Should you fail you may retry at a later date. The combat is to the death or forfeit, we will pay the resurrection for whoever dies."
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-03-16 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Messed up the color

14. - Top - End - #104

BlueKnightGuy

"Interesting. ...No holds barred?"
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Mobile and don't know code for red

"Just the Arena and no permanent destruction of the opponent such as destroying the soul."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Update

A couple hours have passed since the mission was successfully accomplished and all have gone for a break to restock their resources. After the research of your spells you come out anew of your newly created demiplanes to the material plane back in the ice fortress of the SotF. As you come out you see as 6 people you have seen before back at the DDC meeting gather around again. Of those you know there are the Soul of the Frost and Quid Kui.

Next to them, you see an average height changeling in the typical monk robes worn with many tentacles sprouting from his back and a Vest that conceals them to an extent. You examine him a bit further seeing that he is bald and has a black goatee with the occasional gray hair in it. His eyes are small and his skin is rather dark for that of a changeling yet slightly paler than that of a human. He then says and promptly bows with respect. "Pleasure to meet you all. I am Chin Lun Gaar."

At his left there is another changeling who wears a cloak that covers almost his whole body. You see as he walks towards you to greet you and not the slightest noise emanates from him. His skin is dark for a changeling but not in the manner of a tan skin, more of a gray tone of skin. From what you see he is about of average height. His hair is spiky and pitch black. As he approaches he introduces himself and says "I'm the Phantom"

Next comes a Human carrying a holy symbol, which you recognize as belonging to the deity Wee Jas. He is buff in all manners and looks like he would have the strength to break a boulder with a punch. He comes in just regular clothes and isn't wearing any gear for combat except for a Greatsword strapped to his back. His hair is gray and has a white skin tone but not excessively so. There is something you find disturbing about him, you just can't make out what it is, maybe his strange shadow. He greets you and says "Welcome, I am Tazur the Teleporter"

Finally there is one more, but not one you could exactly describe as a person. You see as a Gargantuan Dragon is in front of you. Upon further examination you see it isn't breathing and is made of Quartz Crystal. It carries a Greatsword on it's claws and is standing on it's hind legs. How it uses that greatsword is beyond you but it does have some kind of gloves in it's front limbs where it carries the sword. As you observe a small orb of yellow electricity which you recognize a s a Wil-O'Wisp descends from the top of the dragon and greets you saying. "Greetings, I am the puppet master. As you probably are presuming by my name, this body is not my own, it's just a puppet and so is the dragon."

In the background you can hear some voices and see some figures about 100ft away from you but for some reason you just can't make out how many of them there are or what exactly they are. Was it not for the light mist inside this fortress maybe you could.
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-03-27 at 11:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

From almost nowhere, a short, human shaped bundle of rags steps forward. Grey eyes peer out from beneath a scarf wrapped around most of the face, as well as what appears to be a wooden mask. The humanoid seem to carry little on its person besides a dagger and a few magical items.

Hiltze has been present for some of the fighting, though large frays with armies were not his preference. He had slain a couple of the more powerful demons that had made themselves present, but he wasn’t sure about this DDC. He was good, but he was no proper mage like many of the individuals here. It may be that he would not fit in.

But, might as well try.

”I have one of you in mind, but first...” the man says in nearly a whisper, “I would like to know where this battle would be taking place. Or is it right here?”
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2018-03-29 at 01:44 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler: those with True Seeing
    Show

Almost like hoods and masks are in style, a second figure, also short and very much covered, stands near the first. It's got a red and black theme going on, and the robes extend into a full on cape. This one actually hovers a bit off the ground, though it's hard to tell in the mist. It inclines it's head as Hiltze speaks, waiting for him to finish. Then, a chipper, female voice echoes in your head.

Spoiler: Those without True Seeing active, but who can see invisible
    Show

So there's a giant Marilith. Bigger than the ones you've seen before, and...shiny. Bright and shiny. Almost dazzlingly so, in golden armour. She slithers through the mist like it's soft earth, and coils near Hiltze as he speaks, inclining her head as though listening thoughtfully. As he finishes, her voice echoes softly in your mind.

Spoiler: Those with no way to see the invisible
    Show

After Hiltze finishes speaking, a feminine voice echoes in your mind.

"Hello everyone. You can call me Malady. Fine spot you've got here. I heard there was some kind of initiation? I'm not down for any weird stuff, but if it's drink or smoke related, you can count me in. Oh and also I play well with others, if we're doing the team thing. Watch the friendly fire, though."
    "You want to see how a Human dies? at ramming speed."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

A giant clad entirely in ancient plate armor comes walking out of the mist. A single blackened rose is depicted on the breastplate, and a pair of glowing red eyes is visible through the slit in the helm. Floating around him is an ephemeral sword, fluttering every which way. The undead figure holds a greatsword in one hand, almost casually, and a shield in the other. His gait is odd, as if he's trying to walk at a snail's pace.

A deep, reverberating voice comes from him: "What ... must I defeat ... to prove my worth?"

His speech has the same odd cadence as his walk.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"The fight will not be here, it will be in one of our specially prepared demiplanes where we will be doing either one on one combats or group combats. The reason we brought the 6 of you together was due to convenience and so you may know more of who is dealing with this invasion. For obvious reasons we will not be going all out on our side or destroying souls of our opponents. Should you want to, we will go all out."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

A large barrel-chested burly looking figure lumbers slowly out from the mist. He has a large shield lightly strapped to his back, no visible weapons, and his sleeveless black serpent skinned leather armor seems worn and battle seasoned. The armor also hangs loosely on his body, as if the straps were not completely tighten down in attempt to make it more roomy and comfortable. His right exposed arm seems to be not made of flesh but clay. The rest of his body seems like normal skin that is a blotchy mix of patches of blue-gray and slate gray color, and his facial features seem to be a mix of Goliath and Minotaur. On the top of his bald scarred head are two small blunt protrusion where horns should assumedly be, but have been removed.

A stern almost disgruntled expression rest on his hard weathered face as his bright green eyes intently scans the area around him. He gives a momentary startled pause of his inspection as the voice of Maladay begins to speak in his thoughts, but he quickly resumes once he assesses it as a non-hostile being who is just giving a friendly introduction. His gaze lingers a bit longer when it spots the towering undead figure in plate. Kulthak gives a small uncontrolled yet quiet grunt of disdain, due to his historical dealings and distaste for undead. He then continues his scan, and gives a short polite nod of acknowledgement and greeting to anyone who seems to be making eye contact with him while he surveys the area.

Finally in gritty deep bassy resonate like voice
    “I am Kulthak. I agree with the ragged one.” He makes a small hand motion toward Hiltze
    “I am ready to test myself, but where will this test take place?”
    Last edited by DrunkMongoose; 2018-03-29 at 10:38 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Taric Hari

Tari is a tall, Haalf-elven man with a mess of black hair. His features are sharp, almost matching that of an elf, but have a certain human fullness to them. He wears a bow on his back and a katana on his side.

Also at his sides is a pair of pale young women, with similarly light hair and eyes. They don’t speak, but do eye the others, occasionally chuckling to themselves.

He strokes his chin in thought, as he often does. Taric is a thinker more than anything. He’s only out here because there’s something important to be done, otherwise he would be spending his time doing research or exploring. “Well, I certainly agree with avoiding unnecessary death and destruction.”
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

23. - Top - End - #113

OldWizardGuy

”So we just pick someone and then we fight?”
    Malady taps her chin, scanning those assembled. ”Tazur the Teleporter looks like he knows how to have a good time. I’ll pick him, unless somebody wants me on their team. I like teams.”

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well I certainly do lad. Remember you need not pass this test on the forst try. In fact 99% don't even get close to success. Now tell me, do you want me to wear kiddie gloves or complete humiliation?"
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-03-29 at 03:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

OldWizardGuy

lad?
    “I haven’t scried you or seen you fight. Others may be goaded that easily, but I’ll take the cautious route. The others can decide what to do based on our match.”

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

”Very well. I shall fight the monk, then. At whatever level of force you feel necessary to test me.””
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

"A duel ... it shall be," the armored giant says in his eerie reverb. A skeletal hand points at Tazur. "I shall fight ... in the lady's place, as ... is a knight's duty." He then turns to glance at Malady, and inclines his head a fraction.

He steps up to Tazur. "You ... seem a warrior. I shall defeat you ... and claim my place." He raises his blade in a chivalrous salute.

28. - Top - End - #118

OldWizardGuy

Malady blinks, completely surprised by the chivalrous offer. ”Certainly, carry this favour to bring you luck.”
    Action: cast anticipate teleportation (CL 20) using reserves of strength.
    Malady touches the knight who wishes to fight for her, bestowing the buff and is then stunned for three rounds.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Generally there can be only one person fighting at a single DDC member per recruitment but let's make an exception eh. Both of ya may fight me simultaneously. Also, don't rely on that anticipate teleport."

30. - Top - End - #120

OldWizardGuy

Malady just doesn’t reply for about 18 seconds, possibly chewing it over (but actually just stunned)
    ”as you say, so shall it be. I’m ready when you are, who gives the go?”