New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Plane War I, Raise your Own Kingdom and Protect the Gods (3.5)

"I am ready. I can supply a Blade Barrier to discourage ground troops from approaching Quid, a Wind Wall to deflect ranged attacks and gases, and a Magic Circle against Evil to keep any summons at bay."

Meraxen crosses his arms.

"...And my shield of course. I plan to engage the flyers in melee, unless one of you has some ability to control the skies. Perhaps some magic to exert influence over the weather, or at least the wind? ...I'm not as familiar with arcane magics."

Meraxen looks down and grumbles under his breath.
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashten
    Yes, I can control the winds to our benefit.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Seems like a plan. The breach is out in the open so a couple walls of stone would come in handy although I can handle those. The Demons we will be facing are for the most part the standard ones but for some reason some strange breeds of Demons have come out, I'm not even sure whether some that come out are Tanar'ri or not"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashten
    “Would Walls of Force work as well? I don’t want demons smashing through, unless there is some aspect of a stone wall in particular that you wish for.”

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneCaster View Post
    Ashten
    “Would Walls of Force work as well? I don’t want demons smashing through, unless there is some aspect of a stone wall in particular that you wish for.”
    "Walls of Force are suceptible to Disjunction can easily bypass a Wall of Force, as can Disintegrate spells. Walls of Stone can be destroyed by Disintegrate but only parts of them not the whole thing. Additionally, there is the limited duration of Wall of Force which will not last through the ritual."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashten
    “Ah, I see. Casting Wall of Stone a few times shouldn’t be a problem.”

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"So, are you all prepared to fight unending hordes of Demons for hours? If so, take a step forward, if not, take the hour to prepare for that."

8. - Top - End - #38

The Power Scale really wasn’t all that informative, and in Dursurayss’s eyes rather hubris to label the Gods as only being ‘Royal’ and placing yourself far, far above them in terms of power. Hence why the steel dragon decided he would not even bother to try and apply himself to the scale. Instead, simply insisting that he could take care of himself, and needed no aid in inspecting the portals. Until at least, he got a map of the continent and was able to head towards the nearest one. The one on top of the mountain range, 50km to the North.

Whilst the others would wait until they would be work with the locals of the plane, Dursurayss would take his leave. Relying on his wings, and his knowledge to keep him save as he flew towards the portal. Fully intending on making his own way to it, close enough so that he could see it and begin studying it from afar. It would not be the same as studying it up close of course, but there was a lot one could understand of the function of a magical portal by simply observing it in use for an hour or two.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Hide - (1d20+22518)[22537]
    Move Silently - (1d20+22518)[22526]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Sara takes a short walk to a nearby safe location, places a recall location point, then steps forward drawing her blade with one hand. I have what I need and I am as ready as I think I can be.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashten
    “I am ready as always.” He could feel his heart start to beat faster, and his hands grew sweaty. This was going to be fun.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Completely forgot Fallensavior had responded so ignore the fact that I said I was waiting on him. Also, away from home this weekend so I have to do on mobile, sorry for no chat color, Roll20 advances and possible language mistakes.

*War Wagons are the Delvehrkt equivalent of a modern day tank but with magic.

*War Reapers are massive AoE attackers that can attack all opponents within 100 or 150ft from them simultaneously (Going off memory, have their stats back at home).

IG:
    (Quid-Kui)"So seems like everyone is ready, I will explain the finer details of this. We are going to go to a breach that is currently being guarded by military units with two *War Wagons and a Unit of *War Reapers. When we arrive we will be substituting for them as they have been guarding that place since the war started a week ago with no time to rest or replenish resources whether in the form of troops, weapons or healing. Our mission is double sided, first it is to guard the place for 24 hours, meanwhile I will be performing the ritual which will last for the first 16 hours where I will not be able to fight or the ritual is ruined. You will fulfill the guard duty for the first 16 hours independently with no outside help, I will handle the next 8 hours. Kill all Demons in sight. The breach is going to be in a snow environment similar to this one but with less blizzards. Expect to face undocumented horrors with nasty surprises. Now form a circle and hold hands, we are going."

As he ends his sentence he starts to cast a Greater Teleport and you are taken far away to a snowy environment where you see a sickly green vortex that is 40 ft long and wide. The vortex sticks to the ground. There is blood spilled everywhere and in an encampent around 100 ft away you see around 10 humanoid shaped creatures in black cloaks and with a mask of a white Skull. They all carry a scimitar. Beside them are two massive vehicles with what seem to be two cannons each and an Armor Plating around them that seems intact even after a week of combat. As they see you they bow without saying a word or making the slightest noise and they get inside the War Wagons and depart. In the distance one on top seems to signal with its left hand the number 3 and with its right hand the letter M.

12. - Top - End - #42

BlueKnightGuy

"Lovely scenery. Just like a post card."

Meraxen starts toward the vortex.

"If no one needs Endure Elements..." Meraxen pauses, looking back over his shoulder to see if anyone responds. "...might as well get started on those Walls of Stone, then."
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Tonight I will get home and start working on the map so you guys can plan the walls of stone, blade barriers, etc

Edit: Remember that it has been hinted at various times that non-conventional Demons will appear (ahem splats and fiat)

Edit 2: Updated, Map created. Placed Quid and the Breach, everything else is irrelevant as it's basically plain terrain

Edit 3: You guys place yourselves as you see fit. Fallensavior, if you want you announce the action you take and I will update it on roll20. Arcane Caster is already part of th egame, we are missing Samduke, Anonomas and Fallensavior.
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-02-05 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Put Tuk instead of Quid, wrong game

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by flappeercraft View Post
    OOC: Tonight I will get home and start working on the map so you guys can plan the walls of stone, blade barriers, etc

Edit: Remember that it has been hinted at various times that non-conventional Demons will appear (ahem splats and fiat)

Edit 2: Updated, Map created. Placed Quid and the Breach, everything else is irrelevant as it's basically plain terrain

Edit 3: You guys place yourselves as you see fit. Fallensavior, if you want you announce the action you take and I will update it on roll20. Arcane Caster is already part of th egame, we are missing Samduke, Anonomas and Fallensavior.
    okay based on most recent map image - sara would take position at M 15 next to quid within 30ft of breach - cast analyze portal - determine effects - then cast sanctuary on quid =
    Target: Quid Duration: 45 rounds minimum

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Will give part of the update now of what I can give without just placing people myself. Will wait around 6 more hours until I give the rest of it in case anyone posts, if not will just go off of statements and place as you guys had said.

"Oh, I nearly forgot to tell you, you can use all the force necessary but careful to not cause too much collateral damage. The Tarrasque was discovered to be sleeping some 30ft below ground, unlike the Tarrasques of other planes, this one is way more powerful than the others of its kin. I could certainly defeat it under normal circumstances but I will be incapacitated during this ritual."

"The Breach is opening! Prepare yourselves, you have 2 minutes before a wave crosses!"

Edit: results for the Analyze portal are the following
    1. No command word is needed nor key
    2. It can activate once every 10 minutes
    3. One way portal
    4. You see yourself seeing yourself, seeing yourself, seeing yourself...... You get a light headache

Update Part 2
    OOC: No responses yet so I will go off of previous statements and what would make the most sense tactically for the placements. I will also assume you guys created a Wall of Stone around Quid since you guys said you would but never actually did it. The line around Quid and Sara is a 4 inch thick Wall of Stone and the other Line infront of Meraxen and wall of Stone is a Blade Barrier.

You see as some transparent bodies start to seem to form in the breach, as if something was being transported in, but this seemed different from all other transportation you have ever seen. You hear whispers of many in an unintelligible language which might or might nopt be the portal, no one is certain.

Spoiler: Spot Check DC 30
    Show
    It seems like 15 Balors are forming but they are hard to see right now.
    Spoiler: Spot Check DC 45
    Show
    Between the 15 Balor like shapes, something else is there and seems to be something entirely different. You just cannot make out what it is, as it's qualities are entirely alien to any concept of a Demon there is in this world or others.

"Hold your fire, buff up. They will be entirely here in 12 seconds, right now nothing can affect them before they fully arrive."

Map
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-02-13 at 11:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

12 seconds
    <First 6 seconds>
    Cast: Time Stop Casting Time: 1 standard action Duration: (1d4+1)[3] rounds, free to act for X rounds of apparent time
    Cast: Brilliant Aura Casting Time: 1 action Target: (22+)all party members, all of whom must be within 30 ft. of each other Duration: 45+ rounds
    Manifest Astral Construct Casting Time: 1 round
    Spoiler: Navarre
    Show

Astral Construct - Permenant -
    9TH-LEVEL ASTRAL CONSTRUCT
    Huge Construct
    Hit Dice: 19d10+40 (144 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
    Armor Class: 33 (+25 natural, –2 size), touch 8, flatfooted 33
    Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+38
    Attack: Slam +28 melee (2d6+16)
    Full Attack: 2 slams +28 melee (2d6+16)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: construct traits, damage reduction 15/magic, darkvision 60 ft., lowlight vision
    Natural Invisibility (Su): The astral construct is constantly invisible, even when attacking. This ability is inherent and not subject to the invisibility purge spell.
    Fast Healing (Ex): The astral construct heals 2 hit points each round. It is still immediately destroyed when it reaches 0 hit points
    Power Attack (Ex): The astral construct gains the Power Attack feat
    Celerity (Ex): The astral construct’s land speed is increased by 10 feet
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 43, Dex 11, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 10
    Skills: —
    Feats: —

Navarre to be placed next to Quid 30ft from breach, 10ft from sara
    Cast Righteous Wrath of the Faithful Casting Time: 1 standard action Target: Allies within 30 ft.-radius burst centered on you, Allies gain one additional melee attack each round, at their highest attack bonus, when making a full attack

<second 6 seconds>
    Cast Summon Monster IX: Casting Time: 1 round Range: (135 ft +) Effect: One or more summoned creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
    Duration: 45+ rounds
    summon one creature from the 9th-level list
    summons to be placed directly in front of quid 25 ft from breach
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-02-14 at 06:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashten
    Ashten said nothing. All his focus was on bringing out his power. As he concentrated on unlocking the mental pathways necessary, he felt a surge of psionic energy that lifted him off his feet slightly. The whispering of his brains grew lounder and louder and louder, until it reached a psychic scream. At that instant, his synapses aligned, and he tapped into his ultimate power source- himself.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

I have 1 full round’s worth of actions and 1000 mental standard actions per 6 seconds.
    Round 1: First, manifest Metaconcert on me and my psicrystal. This allows me to ignore Unique Powers per Day. Next, manifest Mental Pinnacle 100 times, giving me 3600 power points.
    Now, for the casting (all on myself, with CL 15):
    Greater Invisibility
    Greater Blink
    Mind Blank
    Protection from Spells
    Spell Turning
    Arcane Sight, Greater
    Globe of Invulnerability
    Stoneskin
    True Seeing
    Spell Immunity
    Superior Invisibility
    Ironguard
    Indomitability
    Energy Immunity (All)
    Superior Resistance
    Divine Agility
    Sign
    Nerveskitter
    Freedom of Movement
    Fly

Then cast Walls of Greater Dispel Magic and Walls of Protection from Evil/Law/Chaos around the portal.

Round 2: Cast Mental Pinnacle 100 times, granting me 3600 more power points (I’m disregarding the leftovers from round 1). With these power points, I can cast Delayed Blast Fireball 277 times. I set the delay time to 6.5 seconds, and I aim them at the base of the portal. Using Elven Spell Lore, I will make them all deal sonic damage.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-02-15 at 07:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneCaster View Post
    Using Elven Spell Lore, I will make them all deal force damage.
    Actually I think you might have missed this detail
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB2 Errata
    Page 78 – Elven Spell Lore [Revision]
    Change the second paragraph, third sentence of the
    “Benefit” section to the following: “When
    preparing that spell, you can alter the energy type
    of the damage it deals to some other energy type of
    your choosing.”

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually I think you might have missed this detail
    Ah. I didn’t see the errata.

20. - Top - End - #50

BlueKnightGuy

Meraxen will cast Righteous Might, then fly up 35 feet higher than the breach, directly over the edge of Ashten's dispel wall closest to Quid, then ready an action to dive pounce the first enemy that comes to the edge of the dispel wall (aiming to come down on the outside of it, but hitting the enemy while they are still in it.)
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

One thing, where is wall of protection from evil from? Can't find it.

Edit:

Update

As the creatures emerge, they immediately and simultaneously teleport just outside the breach. Fortunately most of them directly to the wall of dispel magic. As Meraxen starts top charge down to attack the one in front, seeming to be the leader says "Surrender or have your souls rippe dout of your bodies"

OOC: Fallensavior, choose who you attack. ArcaneCaster, you dispelled nothing with the walls unfortunately for you guys.

Map
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-02-16 at 06:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing, where is wall of protection from evil from? Can't find it.

Edit:

Update

As the creatures emerge, they immediately and simultaneously teleport just outside the breach. Fortunately most of them directly to the wall of dispel magic. As Meraxen starts top charge down to attack the one in front, seeming to be the leader says "Surrender or have your souls rippe dout of your bodies"

OOC: Fallensavior, choose who you attack. ArcaneCaster, you dispelled nothing with the walls unfortunately for you guys.

Map
    Sorry, I was mistaken about the name. It’s Wall of Good from Spell Compendium. Also, initiative?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yes, initiative. I will just have all the Balors go at the same time and the ?? In it's own turn.
    Balors (1d20+11)[31]
    ?? (1d20+110)[113]

24. - Top - End - #54

BlueKnightGuy

Meraxen charges downward and stops in M-N/18-19 directly above the 3 balors there(taking 10'x10' space now), power attacking for 14, full attacking w/ pounce starting with the balor B15.

jump check for leap attack - (d20+20)[30]

First Attack - (d20+63)[80]
    damage - (12d6+217)[260]
    If this hits Meraxen gets free trip (Shield Charge) and bullrush (Knockback) attempts.
    Opposed Str to Trip - (d20+24)[42]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[32]
    If they are tripped, Meraxen gets a free bonus attack via Improved Trip
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+63)[79]
    damage - (12d6+217)[253]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[75], but also diagonally (via Shock Trooper) into the adjacent balor (b10) granting a trip attempt against that one and another against balor b15 if they are not already tripped
    Opposed Str to Trip b15 - (d20+24)[38]
    Opposed Str to Trip b10 - (d20+24)[37]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+63)[65]
    damage - (12d6+217)[255]
    The Improved Trip bonus attacks also trigger free bullrushes if they hit.
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[34]
    damage - (8d6+42)[72]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[31]
    damage - (8d6+42)[71]
    Possibly triggering a trip attempt on balor b9 Opposed Str to Trip b10 - (d20+24)[33], Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+63)[70] damage - (12d6+217)[258]
    If b9 is tripped and damaged it triggers another bullrush Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[39] damage - (8d6+42)[59] diagonally into balor b1 for another trip Opposed Str to Trip b10 - (d20+24)[44]. (This would put balor b9 1/4 inside the breach if that does anything.)

Second Attack vs balor b11 - (d20+58)[71]
    damage - (12d6+217)[248]
    If this hits I get free trip (Shield Charge) and bullrush (Knockback) attempts.
    Opposed Str to Trip - (d20+24)[35]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[41]
    If they are tripped, I get a free bonus attack via Improved Trip
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+63)[80]
    damage - (12d6+217)[252]
    If they are bullrushed, they are dungeoncrashed into the ground for damage - (8d6+42)[78], but also diagonally (via Shock Trooper) into the adjacent balor (b12) granting a trip attempt against that one and another against balor b11 if they are not already tripped
    Opposed Str to Trip b15 - (d20+24)[35]
    Opposed Str to Trip b10 - (d20+24)[27]
    Improved Trip Bonus Attack - (d20+63)[75]
    damage - (12d6+217)[267]
    The Improved Trip bonus attacks also trigger free bullrushes if they hit.
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[27]
    damage - (8d6+42)[63]
    Opposed Str to Bullrush - (d20+26)[32]
    damage - (8d6+42)[73]
    Possibly triggering a trip attempt on balor b3 Opposed Str to Trip b10 - (d20+24)[32], (This would put balor b12 1/4 inside the breach if that does anything.)

Third Attack - (d20+53)[72]
    damage - (12d6+217)[268]
    (Same routine against whatever enemy is left withing reach, increasing reach to 15 feet as a swift action with Tigerskin Armor if necessary)

Haste Attack - (d20+63)[80]
    damage - (12d6+217)[267]
    (Same routine against whatever enemy is left within reach, increasing reach to 15 feet as a swift action with Tigerskin Armor if necessary)

Once the attacks are done, extra swift actions via Divine Impetus (burning 2-3 turns undeads) to activate Travel Devotion and swift action move my speed straight up twice.
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

25. - Top - End - #55

BlueKnightGuy

OOC: Sorry I messed up the copy paste on the second attack string, b15 should be b11 and b10 should be b12 in those roll titles.
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

26. - Top - End - #56

BlueKnightGuy

Ongoing initiative:
    initiative - (d20+12)[18]
    "Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!"
    - FallenSavior

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative: (1d20+21)[40].
    Whatever my result: cast Celerity as an immediate action.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Can't cast Celerity. It's an inmediate action and you can't use immediate actions while flat footed which you are until you act. Generally the reason that works when you lose initiative is because the caster has Foresight on to not be flat footed.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Sara's Initiative (1d20+26)[37]

On saras turn:

Spoiler: Spell Loop
    Show

Combat Spell loop:
    Round 1:
    Cast Celerity
    Use action from Celerity to cast Arcane Fusion
    Arcane Fusion casts Celerity and Magic Missile (Range Medium (550ft)) [Saving Throw: None Spell Resistance: Yes * CL45+]<< TARGET nearest Balor, until dead, then move on to the next one >>
    Celerity Daze kicks in, - Racial Immune to Dazed
    Arcane Fusion resolves, granting an extra action from the next Celerity, and deals 5d4+5 (9 minimum) force damage to target
    Recast Arcane Fusion for another copy of Celerity+Magic Missile.
    Repeat process as needed.
    Round 2: Wait for smoke to clear...
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-02-17 at 07:16 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: How much Spell points does Sara have? (Edit: Sara has 884 Wizard Spell Points so she can do that loop only 88 times, that still does not guarantee all being dead.

Update

OOC: To be able to update the combat quickly, I will be rolling with physical dice so I can write as I see the results instead of posting and editing. Also, Samduke, you should indicate where you want the summon placed, should I just put it next to Quid?

Meraxen charges down at great speeds with a great brute force, enough that with his single attack he knocks down B15 and instantly pushes him over to B10 where it is also tripped and pushed into B9 who is also tripped and pushed into B1 who is tripped but not damaged. As you take a quick glance down, the 3 Balors were instantly killed. In a flash he does the same to B11 and 12 who are now also dead and managed to trip B5 (That was a 5 not a 3, sorry, have bad handwriting) but untouched. The other two are now dead.

A split second later the bodies start to become a weird smoke and blinding light come out. BOOM. A huge explosion is seen with Meraxen still inside. Everyone except Sara and Quid roll 5 Reflex saves DC 30, every successful save causes 50 untyped damage, unsuccessful 100 damage. Ashten and the guards summoned by Sara get +2 on their saves due to cover from the Blade Barrier. If Meraxen survives he then moves upwards at his speed.

Immediately the explosion seems to have destroyed the other Balors who then seem to react in the same manner. 10 more Reflex saves DC 30 for 100 damage or 50 if successful for all in the area, except Sara and Quid. Blade Barrier bonuses still remain for everyone who had them.

The explosion and smoke go out and you see that the breach is perfectly fine and untouched but everything within 100ft is a crater about 30ft deep. Looking below you see a beast unlike you have ever seen before, it has 30 heads, many horns, a carpace and many other strange traits. You believe that thing is the Tarrasque that Quid was talking about before. It seems to remain in it's slumber and is still covered with ice around him but you can see through the ice and see it perfectly.

Immediately, the strange demon who seems to have survived uscathed makes gestures in a speed you almost were not able to see. It immediately seems to use an Implosion ability upon the closest survivor (Sara if Meraxen dies). That person roll a Fortitude save DC 250.
    Roll against SR 208 result.

OOC 2: I would reccomend some immediate action to block the explosion from your path and Meraxens. If not chances are you are dead, I definitely did not intend for this massive explosion coming in immediately and basically wiping everything. All within 100ft is rough terrain now.
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-02-20 at 01:34 AM.