New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Plane War I, Raise your Own Kingdom and Protect the Gods (3.5)

"Tradition dictates the challenged does so. Follow me both of ya'. Lets go to the battlefield. I will give ya' a six second advantage before I act. Then I'll start fightin' myself. I'm guessin you still want me to hold back right."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Percival releases his shield and with a word of command, and it raises up to fly next to him, protecting him of its own accord. He follows then waits for Tazur to indicate the fight should begin.

As soon as the signal is given, he begins a series of gestures with his free hand, along with a chant; the end of which sees a hole tear in the fabric of space as a gate opens. A large winged humanoid passes through, and the tear closes up behind it.

"Fight alongside me," the undead knight commands the solar, and his large form shoots forward, flying at a considerable speed towards his foe.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting gate to summon a solar, then moving into charge range if possible, and just closer if not.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

On the Demiplane:
    Tazur seems to not do much, he grabs his sword and holds it with both hands behind his back without any form of preparing.
    "You may start"

Back on the fort:
    "Lets go then but first lets have Tazur finish first. His fights tend to interrupt others due to the excitement he gets out of them. What can you expect, he's very young"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flappeercraft View Post
    On the Demiplane:
    Tazur seems to not do much, he grabs his sword and holds it with both hands behind his back without any form of preparing.
    "You may start"

Back on the fort:
    "Lets go then but first lets have Tazur finish first. His fights tend to interrupt others due to the excitement he gets out of them. What can you expect, he's very young"
    ”I would not know. Youth was unusual for me. How much do you predate him by?” Hiltze asks his future challenge.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Malady grins, and with a snap of her fingers a pair of Vrocks appear. Malady speaks in Abyssal; ”behold your opponent, a member of the DDO. We have him cornered, rend him.”
    Then she casts Ghostform, and sinks into the floor. She moves so she occupies a space roughly 125 feet from her target, and submerged in the ground.

Bluff checks: (1d20+28)[46] (1d20+28)[35]
    Vs Vrock sense motive for all those juicy buffs
    (I get two) (1d20+16)[18] first [roll]1d20+16] second

Vrocks get spores and shouts, assume they do those things if they get in range after moving.
    "You want to see how a Human dies? at ramming speed."

6. - Top - End - #126

OldWizardGuy

Sorry, forgot to include
    Initiative (in case it matters) (1d20+14)[23]

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”I would not know. Youth was unusual for me. How much do you predate him by?” Hiltze asks his future challenge.
    OOC: On mobile can't see rolls. Just that unless a nat 20 it won't hit.

"Come on let's go watch. Follow me, that way you see the arena. Well we are both very old for the standards of regular humanoids but we have been kept young via magic. I am 136 myself and 36 bodywise while Tazur is 123 and 23 bodywise. While I have accumulated wisdom through my age, he has kept acting 23 and has not let his mind or body age. Even as a cleric of Wee Jas he is unwise.

Back on the fight:

The summons fight Tazur and they fail miserably, without thought, he instinctually dodges the blows and even closes his eyes for the second blow just to brag. He then opens his eyes and says.

"All ye got? This ain't even a warmup to me mate!

Lich! I'll let ye act once and then I'll start!"
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-03-29 at 11:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

The assassin allows himself to be guided to the arena.

Though it goes unseen, Hiltze smiles a little. ”Ah, both so youthful,” the half undead says, amused. ”I know my condition slows my degradation, but what has kept you two so youthful for so long, specifically? Reincarnation? Cloning?”

Show

9. - Top - End - #129

OldWizardGuy

Malady watched impassively as the vrocks did next to nothing. Next to because they did occupy a space.
    She casts solid fog, centered on her opponent. Following up, she snaps out a quickened summon monster 8 for another pair of Vrocks. Using telepathy, she commands three of the vrocks to dance beside the solid fog. The fourth attempts another scream.

Rounds of dance: 1

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In a flash Tazur disappears and appears on top of all of the Vrocks. In a impossibly small time lapse the Vrocks were all hit and killed immediately."Don't ye learn? These things are useless against me. Also, I asked the lich to go, not you. I'm also trying to evaluate him you know."

OOC: I did not forget about the anticipate teleport. He is simply somehow avoiding it.

With Hiltze:
    You two enter and immediately you see how Tazur rips to shreds the other Demons.
    "No we don't reincarnate, it's too much of a hassle and can be interrupted. Also, we aren't undead or cloned. We all have different ways to stay young. We use timeless planes, the Steal Life spell and some of us even use a Wish or Miracle to rejuvenate every year. I myself generally avoid the Steal Life method as it goes a bit against my moral compass but if the others use it it's their problem. I have once or twice used it but did it on some simulacrums to avoid damaging any real person.

A warning I must give, one of our members, Phantom is also an Assassin. I presume you are currently analyzing me, those methods don't work against me. You may try should you like and I will not avoid that one attack to give you a fair chance."
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-03-30 at 12:26 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

”I could gather as much that he is. It’s why I chose to not fight him. What keeps you protected, then? A strong body? Some magical item? A spell?” Tsk. Cocky bastard. If these DDC fellows were so powerful, what did they need all of this lot for? Maybe they just get off on it. “After all, in a real job I would have time to research my target to learn where to strike first. An assassin going into a job blind has no business taking jobs at all.”

Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: I just cast Wall of Text

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”I could gather as much that he is. It’s why I chose to not fight him. What keeps you protected, then? A strong body? Some magical item? A spell?” Tsk. Cocky bastard. If these DDC fellows were so powerful, what did they need all of this lot for? Maybe they just get off on it. “After all, in a real job I would have time to research my target to learn where to strike first. An assassin going into a job blind has no business taking jobs at all.”
    "It's not him or anyone ir anything in specific protecting me. While I do have quite a bit of protective magic, it is not what I am referring to. Us Core DDC members are very close regardless of our moral compass or goals. After all we were one party before, which is where we all met. Since then we have done our fair share if adventures, some of which were assassinations of important people. I actually worked undercover with Phantom on that and we made the plans together. I have learned tactics from the best assassin in this plane, I know very well how assassins fight which gives me the edge here. The thing about assassins is that they all go and have to do the job in a second or less. If the target survives past that, especially at our leagues, the assassin has had a catastrophic failure. If I can survive just that then chances are the fight will be almost won for me. I have developed a unique ability (OOC: Not fiat, RAW) that no one seems to have done even remotely similar to. It is both the perfect offense and defense, hence the reason a monk like myself can be found in the big leagues.

As an assassin you need information to work efficiently. There you have it. One final tip. Don't fight in close quarters unless you're sure you can withstand more damage than a wall of obudurium.

13. - Top - End - #133

OldWizardGuy

has reach greater than 15 feet. Teleporting and not by conjuration. Illusion? Transmutation? Took the vrocks out when they started dancing. Knows demons pretty well and deals with real threats when they appear. Seems to be using a weapon. Going to have to test his spell resistance next.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Reach isn't greater than 15. He teleported multiple times. Seems like I missed ro mention that.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Hiltze laughs, more audibly this time. ”Trust me, I’m more durable than I look. I am certainly curious what tricks you have up your sleeve.”

Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dursurayss had been watching the events unfold quietly for a while.

The steel dragon was still relatively... new when it came to... well, life in general. It was still... confusing to dwell on this matter. The fact that he had years, if not decades worth of knowledge resting within his mind. How to weave spells in ways to dredge out the last little ounce of power out of them. How to use this magic to craft powerful, potent items and devices for a fraction of the normal cost. How to defend himself in battle, fighting not just with his fangs and claws, but the prefered weapons of the two-legged creatures of the planes as well... yet, Dursurayss had no memories of ever learning any of these abilities. He had no history, no past to him that could explain how he had come to be so powerful and gifted despite the youthness of his body. So even through Dursurayss’ mind held the knowledge of how to talk to people. How to judge them and read their intentions and desires, how to sway them with his words to at least consider his own point of view, or make up a lie on that spot that would earn them their admiration and respect. The lack of actual experience with talking to any other living person made... well...

It made Dursurayss shy.

Sure, Dursurayss had approached the DDC. Hoping that their potent abilities and powerful gifts would not just aid Dursurayss in becoming stronger himself, but also help Dursurayss discover what he was. Discover how he had so much knowledge resting within his mind without the history that should come with it, discover what had led to his birth/creation/existence, and help him discover a purpose beyond simply... existing. But that did not mean he was entirely... eager to go through his first actual combat experience. Nor was he entirely happy with the idea of actually... talking with such complete strangers. He knew he would have to eventually sure... but for now...

For now, Dursurayss was content to stay quiet and just... watch. Whilst others would step out of the shadows and introduce themselves, declaring whom they want to fight and how eager they are to fight. Dursurayss would remain within the mist. Not precisely hiding... just, not drawing attention to himself. Allowing others to take up the attention, allowing others to challenge others first and fight whilst he could observe them fight, to judge them for their strength and weaknesses as he contemplated who it would be best for him to face.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Not that it's impossible to know or anything, but nothing about Percival specifically screams "lich" -- and it's not something he would inform anyone of. The most anyone should be able to tell, even via true seeing, is that he's undead.

IC: Percival and the solar both charge Tazur.

Spoiler
    Show
    Percival's attack: (1d20+72)[89]
    Damage: (3d6+63)[72]
    Solar's attack: (1d20+37)[46]
    Damage: (3d6+18)[30]
    Last edited by Taelas; 2018-03-30 at 06:12 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    OOC: Not that it's impossible to know or anything, but nothing about Percival specifically screams "lich" -- and it's not something he would inform anyone of. The most anyone should be able to tell, even via true seeing, is that he's undead.

IC: Percival and the solar both charge Tazur.

Spoiler
    Show
    Percival's attack: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Solar's attack: [roll2]
    Damage: [roll3]
    OOC: I'm on mobile. Please edit posts and add your roll beside them or I can't see them. Assuming that they both hit

Tazur keeps smiling confidently as you charge and attempts to dodge your attacks but clearly fails his dodge. As he is about to get hit by your attack, he simply disappears. In the place he was supposed to be was one acorn that you could see fall to the ground and smash into little pieces and break.

68 fire damage to you and the solar. Reflex save DC 38 half.

After the detonation it appears behind you and attacks you with his greatsword 5 times hitting you dead on the back all of those times. He deals 620 damage and 5 Vile damage to you.

He then appears behind the Solar and apparently teleported badly as he missed 2 of his 5 swings. Sill as he attacked he managed to kill the solar.

"What will ye do now summoneh? Your summons ain't working against me and yer undead teammate wus destroyed.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

As Tazur is taunting Malady, Percival chants another spell, and a shimmering emerald barrier appears around them, enveloping them both.

"Dimensional lock," Percival says, his voice cold as the grave.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well I'm bored of the acting as delusional and of that stupid accent. You guys are good but Percival there is one thing you did not take into account. If the anticipate teleport didn't affect my teleportation, neither will the dimensional lock. Also, while the Vrocks were not useful, that was a good tactic for the evaluation and so is going down to the ground but I would reccomend finding something that makes them think you're still up top like an illusion.

As a finisher to evaluate your raw power, I have given you 5 examples of my ability being used so you can learn to counter it. Now, I will give you 6 more seconds to react to it without me attacking you again. A battle against an opponent like myself would rarely stretch past that. After that, I'm going all out."

21. - Top - End - #141

OldWizardGuy

Malady:
    Assuming that meant she was free to act, and taking stock of her undead compatriot, the red robed Marilith takes a moment to cast Surge of fortune on herself while disguised by the floor. She then zips over to directly under Percival, and as a swift action activates her Belt of Battle. Using the extra action, Malady attempts a Greater Dispel Magic on Tazic’s greatsword, and uses her moment of Prescience to add a bit more oomph to the attempt.
    (1d20+37)[40]<- 40. Unless it's an epic weapon or artefact, that should do it

Finally, she uses an immediate action for Celerity, pokes Percival from below his foot for a Harm, using reserves of Strength to hit him for 160 points of negative energy. Malady is stunned on her next action.

”I suppose it’d be a good idea to invest in illusions, but I’ve never been very good with them. Not that it’d matter against you anyways, you can see right through them. Although, it seems to me you’re injured and I’m not, so I’ve got you there.”
    Last edited by Acanous; 2018-03-30 at 10:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tazur remains still without doing a thing and you see as the dispel dissipates right before reaching the sword, completely harmlessly. As the harm comes to hit him, he notices it yet doesn't bother to dodge it. Needless to say, it doesn't even affect him.

"All of the DDC is protected from dispels, disjunctions and antimagic effects, they simply don't work against us. In fact, the reason that I was not affected by the dimensional anchor or anticipate teleport is because I have stretched that same protection to also apply to those spells and more that stop or delay teleportation."
    Last edited by flappeercraft; 2018-03-30 at 11:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143

OldWizardGuy

(The Harm was on Percival, not Tazur.)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    (The Harm was on Percival, not Tazur.)
    (Then just ignore what I said, got mixed up, sorry)

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

With a barely suppressed snort, Percival casts another spell, which brings into being a hemispherical dome of energy in a 10-foot radius around him.

OOC: Antilife Shell.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tazur holds his sword out and starts to play around with it with the occasional flourish while his enemies prepare. He has a small smile as he watches them prepare, feeling the anticipation and rush of finally going at his full power after so long of having needed to use it. He then sincerely says in a cocky manner. "That is certainly a good tactic. But it will not work against me. By the way, welcome to the DDC, that was certainly a good fight, now to finish it."

He then looks over at Chin Lun Gaar and says with a smile in his face "We're going to need a new demiplane after this, get it ready for your fight."

Chin Lun Gaar chuckles for a second and then simply sighs. "Hiltze, lets go, if you can fly I would reccomend doing it immediately. This demiplane is done for. Watch if you want"

Tazur does some weird signs with his hands and then touches the stone floor. The whole demiplane starts to fall apart as the floor, once a perfectly smooth stone just crumbles falling to the abyss that is the demiplane. In a flash, he teleports a microscopic amount of distance below the border of the Antilife shell, therefore forcing it against him as Percival falls. With the antilife shell broken he teleports countless times around Percival that it looked almost like there were at the very least 50 Tazur's around him, all simultaneously attacking him. (250 attacks against Percival, I'm not even going to roll that). He then looks with a sadistic look at Malady for a split second after his last teleportation and teleports below her, driving his sword through.

He then collapses because of his injuries of attacking Percival and Chin Lun Gaar flies towards his unconscious body to retrieve him.

About 2 minutes later, the DDC resurrects both if you (Percival is brought back still as an undead) and their gear given back to them. Tazur still unconscious lays down on a countertop of the fortress. Chin Lun Gaar looks at the unconscious Tazur and says in seemingly worried, possibly dissapointed fashion.

"Why does he always push himself that much. We should really get him over his addiction to combat. He just had to destroy a demiplane of ours, again."

He stops talking for a second or two and then looks at Hiltze, Malady and Percival.
    "
    Malady and Percival, that sure was one hell of a fight. Had Tazur fought at testing level, you would have beat him by far. Also, even from just surviving one of Tazur's teleports is a feat in itself Percival, that's one hell of a defense you have there. Also, Malady, I saw what you were doing there, that was a good way to analyze Tazur and your defense was nearly flawless, had Tazur not seen you go down, you would probably have won. Tazur actually mentioned it after he was done with his act, you should use illusions, it's not a bad idea you know."

Hiltze, are you ready? With that, you have seen the power of a DDC Core member, and have had time to analyze me quite a bit. Of course, Tazur does seem to not be exactly the best tester as he seemingly can't contain himself. I will limit myself to test you better."

Tazur then seemingly wakes up, injured but not even near dead. With a confused look he looks at the DDC members and asks. "What the hell happened? Did I tie with them? I should not have underestimated that undead."
    He then stands up with the DDC ignoring him and seemingly a headache.

During the time Chin Lun Gaar and Tazur were speaking, Quid starts to motion his arms hastily and mutters some words. As he does so, a Gate appears on your sight. Seemingly to a new demiplane to start a new combat.

Chin Lun Gaar vs Hiltze

27. - Top - End - #147

OldWizardGuy

I’ll assume the weapon is ghost touch, magic and true striking to penetrate the first couple levels of her defense. Reflex save against that attack: (1d20)[13] (myth weavers is giving me issues but it’s DC 15 to avoid the entire attack due to starmantle cloak and I have a ref save above 20)
    He attacked Malady in melee. Here’s his reciprocal force damage: (8d6)[29] should he somehow actually manage to land a hit that’s would deal enough to kill her, she has a contingent plane shift.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    I’ll assume the weapon is ghost touch, magic and true striking to penetrate the first couple levels of her defense. Reflex save against that attack: [roll0] (myth weavers is giving me issues but it’s DC 15 to avoid the entire attack due to starmantle cloak and I have a ref save above 20)
    He attacked Malady in melee. Here’s his reciprocal force damage: [roll1] should he somehow actually manage to land a hit that’s would deal enough to kill her, she has a contingent plane shift.
    He would have been able to do around 1150 attacks more by when he got to Malady so even if she had Improved evasion and reroll Natural 1's some attack would get to him/her (don't remember if it's a he or she). Well he would have survived the damage, just fainted, which he did anyways. On the contingent plane shift, well that happened. I'm guessing to the fort of the DDC to finish or to a secret base of yours.

29. - Top - End - #149

OldWizardGuy

I have the ability to declare a roll a natural 20 after I roll but prior to you calling it a success or failure, and an item that lets me burn spell slots to have a melee attacker take automatic damage. I’m assuming he has a stance or something that allows him not to die from damage, but the long and the short of it is Malady is going to be in her magnificent mansion and very much drained of spell points. She’ll only use lets say 120 points, so she can plane shift back after.

”Well that was a bit of a spectacle. You really wanted to blow up that arena, hmm? Now how is anyone else going to get a turn?”

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tazur, sitting on top of the ice countertop looks at you rather proudly but also rubbing his head and says.
    "More than blowing up the plane itself I just destroyed everything on it. It seems that teleporting so much and making so many attacks plus destroying that much stone also gives a headache. Also, I asked my mate over here Gaar to get another one ready for battle. Did you Gaar?"

Chin Lun Gaar then looks at Tazur, still seemingly dissapointed and mad at him but in reality somewhat amused and says.
    "I did send someone, but I wouldn't have had you just used a couple Greater Stone Shapes, but you just had to get carried away and destroy another demiplane for the 47th time. On the bright side we have many spares but these things take weeks to create.

Quid looks at them and interrupts their fight before it got long like many times before and says "Break it up you two. We can make more. Tazur, just don't break any more. To the participants, we have another one. If you see over there, I just opened a gate to the new Demiplane."