New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Serious Plots 7: Why so srs?

Cyclopean Ruins

"FOOL.....HE IS IN SUCH A STATE BECAUSE OF HIS NEVERENDING BATTLE AGAINST YOUR GREATEST FOE. HE IS THE REASON YOU MADE IT AS FAR IN YOUR REBELLION AS YOU DID, HE IS THE REASON YOU MANAGED TO STEAL AN ITEM POWERFUL ENOUGH TO HIDE ITS TRUE NATURE EVEN FROM US GUARDIANS AND STILL NOT BE CAPTURED OR KILLED."

Tethrik will feel a similar sensation to the movement he felt before as he is raised high into the air. From hundreds of feet up, Tethrik can see that the wall is not really a wall, but a dam holding back a literal ocean of boiling red water.

"HE ALONE MANTAINS THE WALL TO HOLD BACK THIS OCEAN OF DESTRUCTION. HE IS YOUR WILL, HE IS YOUR REASON, HE IS THE KNOWLEDGE THAT DESTRUCTION WITHOUT PURPOSE WOULD BRING ABOUT YOUR DOWNFALL. HE IS THE REASON YOU ARE UNBALANCED, FOR IT IS A DEMON'S NATURAL INSTINCT TO DESTROY ALL, FOR ONLY DESTRUCTION'S SAKE. IT IS THE MIND OF OTHERS THAT DIRECT IT. BUT NOT YOU....YOU DESIRE MORE, AND SO HE WAS BORN........ONLY BY BALANCE SHALL HE WIN, ONLY BY BALANCE SHALL HE APPEAR AS YOU BELIEVE YOURSELF TO BE."
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2018-05-21 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"What do you mean by balance? I don't feel unbalanced." Tethrik looks up and down the wall. "This isn't my mental architecture either. Where are the floodgates and channels? I designed for controlled release."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #393

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

"ONE DOES NOT NEED TO FEEL UNBALANCED TO BE UNBALANCED. YOU HAVE HARNESSED THE POWER OF YOUR NATURAL SELF, BUT YOU DO NOT TRULY CONTROL IT. IT RAGES AGAINST THE MACHINATIONS OF YOUR IDEAL SELF, THREATENING TO FREE ITSELF FROM ITS CONFINES IN FULL FORCE AT ANY MOMENT. SO YOU FIGHT TO MAINTAIN YOUR WALL, ONLY RELEASING SOME WHEN DESTRUCTION IS NEEDED. WITH BALANCE COMES INNER PEACE. WITH INNER PEACE COMES TRUE CONTROL. YOUR INNER SELVES WILL TRULY COOPERATE AT SUCH TIME, AND YOU WILL BECOME STRONGER FOR IT." Tethrik is gently lowered back down to the ground. "AS FOR WHY YOU DO NOT SEE YOU 'FLOODGATES'" Tethrik can almost hear Libra's non existent shrug. "THAT WOULD BE A BETTER QUESTION TO ASK YOURSELF, I CAN ONLY SHOW THE MINDSCAPE, I CANNOT CONTROL IT OTHERWISE."
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"How do I get inner peace?" Tethrik's curiosity is piqued. At the same time, three floodgates appear on the wall, a small one made from flesh, a slightly larger one made from glass, and a huge one made from steel. "That's better."

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #395

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

"THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO OBTAIN BALANCE, BUT TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU DESIRE, I FORSEE ONLY TWO WAYS. THE FIRST, GO TO THE REALM OF MECHANUS, THERE YOU MUST FIND THE WELLSPRING OF LAW AND BATH IN ITS WATERS. THE POWER OF THE WATERS SHALL FORTIFY YOUR MIND, IMPROVING THIS WALL AND FINALLY GIVING YOUR INNER SELF PEACE. BE WARNED.....DO NOT BATH IN THE WATERS TOO LONG, OR YOU SHALL LOSE THE POWER YOUR CHAOTIC NATURE GRANTS YOU. THE SECOND, FIND AND SPEAK WITH THE RILMANI. THEY ARE TRUE GUARDIANS OF BALANCE, AND CAN HELP YOU CREATE SUCH A SPACE IN YOUR MIND, CALMING THESE WATERS, BUT NOT REMOVING ITS POTENCY. WHATEVER YOUR CHOICE, MAY YOU FIND TRUE BALANCE!"

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"Thanks, I guess?" Tethrik is already running each scenario through his head, trying to work out which is more difficult.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #397

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

"YOU ARE WELCOME."

Awkward silence fills the air for several moments before Libra says "YOU CAN LET GO OF ME AT ANY POINT NOW....."

Tethrik may now notice that he is holding onto Libra's golden scales, and somehow has the sense that he was holding it the entire time

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"Oops. Sorry." Tethrik isn't sure if they're still supposed to be fighting or not.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #399

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

Several more awkward moments later. "SERIOUSLY....LET GO......THE TRIAL CAN'T CONTINUE TILL YOU DO."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

That clears things up. "How about YOU let go!" Tethrik Yanks at the scales, hoping to pull them from Libra's hand.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #401

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

Tethrik is met with absolutely no resistance when he attempts to yank the scales. If he was expecting some, he may have even knocked himself over depending on how hard he 'pulled'. Regardless, nothing happens.

"OH FOR BALANCE SAKE........I CAN'T LET GO FOOL, I'M NOT HOLDING ONTO MYSELF IN YOUR MIND.......AND BEFORE YOU TRY IT, NO, IF YOU IMAGINE ME HOLDING ONTO IT SO YOU CAN YANK IT OUT OF MY HANDS, THAT WON'T WORK EITHER."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

With a smirk, Tethrik procedes to toss the scales off the edge of the island. "Let's try this again." He sends forth the tendrils of shadow at Libra again, trying to sap her agility once more.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #403

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

The scene plays out in Tethrik's head just as he imagined it. But before the tendrils manage to hit the imaginary Libra, time once again slows to a stop. Tethrik feels the familiar paralysis overtake him as he is hurled into the air at breakneck speeds, the sound of glass breaking filling the air as reality shatters.

Reality suddenly reforms, and Tethrik is back on the island, grappling with Libra(but no longer touching the scales). The cracks in the island quickly reach them, and the suddenly start leaking glowing yellow slime. Armonia topples backward onto the slimy ground, and uses his momentum to quickly travel down the slick surface. With a swing of his sword, he crashes his blade into the Achilles tendon of Libra, slicing her feet clean off. Libra begins to tumble backwards as she loses her balance. She gives Tethrik a meaningful look before crashing into the ground, shattering to pieces which get blown away by the wind.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"Quick! Get the crystal and head for the exit!" Tethrik looks around for the air crystal. If he doesn't see it, he'll just dash for the exit.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #405

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

A green crystal drops from the air. Armonia catches it as he continues sliding towards Tethrik and the doorway that has just appeared. Using his sword, Armonia slows himself down enough in order to stand and jump in after Tethrik dashes through. In the first room, the wind has stopped blowing, and green lights fill the otherwise dark cavern. "Phew.....that was a trip wasn't it?" Armonia says with a grin

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"Let's not do it again. Just Earth left." Tethrik moves for the exit. He's not ready to talk about the vision yet.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #407

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

"Hey, wait up!" Armonia runs to catch up to Tethrik as they quickly leave the Air Trial. Upon entering the main room, Tethrik may immediately sense that something is off. The star like lights that fill the room show a multitude of colors, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. The altar in the center has raised two more large steps, and a powerful energy seems to fill the air, as though the room is anticipating something.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"Looks like the other trial-goer finished the Earth challenge for us. I guess we just wait for them?" Tethrik sits down by the altar.

I can introduce the person or persons in the other room now

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #409

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

The floor is yours my friend

Armonia shrugs and leans against the doorway to the Air Trial, mindlessly twirling his sword.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

After a short wait, the door to the Earth trial opens. Two people exit. The first is an elven woman. Her blond hair hangs loose over her shoulders and she wears a dress the color of the desert sand. She carries a spear as long as she is tall. She is followed by a blue-skinned man. His dark purple hair is pulled back into a ponytail. He wears a skintight black suit which flexes like cloth but seems to be made from metal. "Who might you be?" he asks.

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #411

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

"That is a deep and philosophical question, one I'm not sure we actually have the time to answer, as it involves a deep introspective look into ourselves, and that could take a lifetime! A better question would be 'What purpose do you have in these ruins?'" Armonia turns his attention to the large spear the woman ia holding, focusing on it, ready to activate his ability at a moment's notice if need be.

If the blue man turns around and says the question Armonia suggested, he will respond with "Hey! I asked first!"

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"Well, I am Ellrin and this is Marya. I am here to add a sample of Quintessence to my collection. I encountered her along the way, and she agreed to accompany me." Ellrin seems calm, but there's something in Marya's eyes which seems unusual, a silent hostility.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #413

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

"Fascinating.....and what led you to believe that the qineess....quipenness.....that thing is here?" Armonia directs this at Ellrin, but his focus is on Marya's spear. He shifts his focus to look Marya in the eyes and notices the boiling rage behind them. He smiles widely and returns a look that is almost a challenge. Once again, he prepares to use his powers at the slightest provacation

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"Don't play coy with me. The only reason anyone would come here is to attempt the trials and hope to claim Heaven's Light. Maybe you can tell me what other reason there is for a chaos mage and a demon would be in this temple?" Ellrin smiles. "A few well-placed questions go a long way."

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #415

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

"Agreed they do." Armonia says with a smile. "Such as this one.....how exactly did you know I am a Chaos mage?" Armonia's face goes icy and cold. He quickly looks at Tethrik to see his reaction, but keeps his focus on Marya.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

"Sensor in the suit. You're just brimming with wild magic." Ellrin smiles more. "I suppose it's your spaceship parked outside?"

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #417

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

"Space....ship?" Armonia has no clue what Role in is talking about. If given a general description of one, Armonia will recognize it as something he has seen around Nexus, but didnt know what they were.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Tethrik seems confused. "We don't have a spaceship, we teleported here." He looks at Armonia and mouths "Iuvenus"

Ellrin replies "Then whose is it?"
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-05-27 at 09:39 PM.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #419

BarbarianGuy

Cyclopean Ruins

Armonia squeezes the hilt of his sword in acknowledgement of Tethrik. "Well my friend, it was very nice meeting you and your lovely mute partner, but we really must be getting a move on, so if you wouldn't mind just handing over that yellow crystal...." Armonia's eyes are set firmly on Marya's weapon. The first sign of hostile movement from her or word of dissent from Ellrin, Armonia's power will flare.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Cyclopean Ruins

Marya moves first. She lunges at Tethrik with her spear, only to have Armonia's power cause it to crackle with lightning. She drops the weapon and leaps upon Tethrik, clawing at him with her bare hands. Ellrin looks startled by this turn of events, but ready enough to fight. The fabric on his left forearm bunches up and extends into a sword blade, and a gun barrel emerges from his right arm in a similar way.

My Nexus characters