New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XIV: Good? Bad? I'm the one with the Thu'um!

Quote Originally Posted by Caelestion View Post
    I don't know why people bother with the mudcrab. Given that it's a monster and therefore doesn't barter, you might as well just add the cash into your inventory via the console and then dump whatever items you think fair. It's no less cheaty, after all.
    It is an intentional mechanic included in the base game by the developers. By definition, not a cheat. Cheezy, perhaps, but not cheating. It's a reward for NOT killing everything like a typical TES murderhobo.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

On the islands near Vivec... yup, typical Morrowind directions. Good enough to find it, but irritatingly non specific.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    It is an intentional mechanic included in the base game by the developers. By definition, not a cheat. Cheezy, perhaps, but not cheating. It's a reward for NOT killing everything like a typical TES murderhobo.
    Lots of cheats are included in many games. It's an Easter egg, certainly, but that doesn't make its use any less subverting of the intended bartering mechanics.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Lots of cheats are included in many games. It's an Easter egg, certainly, but that doesn't make its use any less subverting of the intended bartering mechanics.
    Depends on what you mean by "intended bartering mechanics", I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    On the islands near Vivec... yup, typical Morrowind directions. Good enough to find it, but irritatingly non specific.
    It was good enough for me to find him. If you google it, I'm sure you can find a map with his location marked.

Speaking of which, I just used a Mark spell to teleport back to him every time I found something worth more than a thousand gold. I'm sure there are ways to sell a glass longsword to a normal vendor for more than a tiny fraction of its value, but frankly I don't really want to have to look up a guide to do the same thing this crustacean will do for me without any extra work.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

There's a multiple mark mod that I hope works with OpenMW, which is how I intend to play Morrowind.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "intended bartering mechanics", I suppose.
    My personal preferred route to infinite money in Morrowind is to sell arrows singly, then buy them back in bulk, negotiating a steeper discount each time. This makes a profit from the get-go, and simultaneously improves my barter skill.

After doing this a few times, I have no trouble buying whatever I like from whoever I like, then selling it back to them for more than I just paid for it. At that point, obviously money is irrelevant.

Never found the mudcrab.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

The Multi-Mark mod does work for OpenMW, provided that you get the OMW version and place it beneath any other mods affecting spells, including MW Rebirth.

I also never understood why people were fixated with getting the "true" value of something. Glass, ebony and so on is more of an object of barter, rather than something you can expect to get the value stamped on the item.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    My personal preferred route to infinite money in Morrowind is to sell arrows singly, then buy them back in bulk, negotiating a steeper discount each time. This makes a profit from the get-go, and simultaneously improves my barter skill.
    What happens when the merchant runs out of money? The main advantage of Creeper and Mudcrab is that they have more money than most other merchants (*all* other merchants, in the case of the mudcrab), so you can sell much more expensive items to them for nearer their true value.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

I tend to collect and sell either everything not nailed down, or huge quantities of the actually valuable stuff, so money is no issue for me.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Multi-Mark mod does work for OpenMW, provided that you get the OMW version and place it beneath any other mods affecting spells, including MW Rebirth.

I also never understood why people were fixated with getting the "true" value of something. Glass, ebony and so on is more of an object of barter, rather than something you can expect to get the value stamped on the item.
    Because glass and ebony items are heavy, to say nothing of daedric, and no single merchant sells even a fraction of enough stuff that I would actually use for me to get even a fraction of their value out of that. I would have to buy the entire inventory of an armorer and then sell it back to them over the course of a week to get my money's worth out of that one glass sword.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your money's worth". Well, if you must insist on getting every single coin that the glass item says it's worth. then yes, you do what you have to. What any item is really worth is what you can get for it, regardless of what the game claims its value is.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

"Your money's worth". Well, if you must insist on getting every single coin that the glass item says it's worth. then yes, you do what you have to. What any item is really worth is what you can get for it, regardless of what the game claims its value is.
    That's surely true in any game. The interesting question is why did the developers think there is a value different to that which you can get for it?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, a combination of Diverse Dragons and Dragon Combat Overhaul make for a surefire way to tear your hair out. Chadwick just spent a full hour on one dragon fight.

Part of it was that he'd just fought five other dragons in the same day (one at Northwind Mine which called another for help, and then two which he'd run away from at an earlier point who hadn't despawned and were still out for blood, and then the scripted dragon fight at Kynesgrove.) As a result, he had a grand total of three of his good potions.

Part of it was that Dragon Combat Overhaul makes it so that not only can dragons spawn in multiples of up to three, but that they can then call for help and summon up to two more dragons to fight with them.

Part of it is that Diverse Dragons Collection offers dragons with much more powerful, deleveled dragons with more armor, more shouts, and much more damaging shouts.

So, when I walked over to Delphine to talk about the Blades, and three dragons showed up, and instantly summoned two more to fight, any one of whose breath weapons was enough to do 150% of my health bar in damage... Well, let's just say that Chadwick spent a lot of time in the little entrance to the nordic ruins nearby, pelting dragons with the Wabbajack, while Inigo and Lydia got repeatedly toasted.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    That's surely true in any game. The interesting question is why did the developers think there is a value different to that which you can get for it?
    In the case of Morrowind, an item's base value is less its "true" value than its value relative to other things in the game. You might not be able to get 100 gold for an item with a base value of 100, but you can probably get about twice as much for it as for an item with a base value of 50 or about half as much for it as for an item with a base value of 200; similarly, it'll probably cost you about twice as much to purchase as an item with a base value of 50 or about half as much as an item with a base value of 200 would.

In a lot of other games, if the value listed for an item is not the sale value, then it's its purchase value, or sometimes a nominal value typically between the purchase and sale values, with actual purchase/sale values being determined by applying some multiplier to the base value.

Personally, if I were going to go for an infinite money loop in Morrowind, I'd rather go to a vendor, such as Nalcarya of White Haven, who has at least one pair of restocking ingredients which share an effect, buy the ingredients, turn them into potioins, and sell them back. Takes a bit more setup, but as long as your Alchemy skill is decent it's a lot faster than selling an arrow at a time and then buying the stack back.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

@Balmas: THIS IS SKY- *burnt, frosted, electrocuted* If only your shield made you apocalypse proof. :D Honestly I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Spellbreaker. I'd not be surviving Solstheim without it.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, if you want to get tens of thousands of gold from each piece of glass armour, why not simply install a mod that increases Meldor's gold supply or which adds a few high-value vendors to the game? If that's your play-style, why bother wasting time with abusing bugs in the Mercantile system or spending ages with Easter egg merchants when you could simply go to a high-value merchant and be done with it?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Also, if you want to get tens of thousands of gold from each piece of glass armour, why not simply install a mod that increases Meldor's gold supply or which adds a few high-value vendors to the game? If that's your play-style, why bother wasting time with abusing bugs in the Mercantile system or spending ages with Easter egg merchants when you could simply go to a high-value merchant and be done with it?
    I don't necessarily care if its tens of thousands of gold, I just don't want to have to go through a song and dance every time I find one to get any more use out of it than I could out of, say, a steel equivalent piece. Ebony and Daedric items in particular are heavy, so ive found myself leaving them where they are instead of pawning them because I just cant possibly justify taking them over ten times their achievable value in bonemold and dwarven items.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground

Does anyone know if the mods Brigandage and Common Clothes support Frostfall? In haven't found an answer on Google and I'm sans PC ATM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I just ran into a minor but annoying glitch and was wondering if anyone knows a solution.

I made a werewolf and completed the Companions questline. I'm trying to get the Werewolf Master achievement, so just went to towns, killed everyone I could, and ate their hearts. My werewolf perk level increased and I finally took the last perk. However, the achievement didn't pop.

Has anyone had this happen? Do you know why it happened?
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

I always thought that required the totems.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

I always thought that required the totems.
    No, I got it without the totems last month.

Have you used mods or the console at all?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    No, I got it without the totems last month.

Have you used mods or the console at all?
    My game is modded, though I don't think I have anything that affects werewolf perks. I did give myself a few of the perks with the console, but when the achievement didn't pop, I reloaded a save before I gave myself the perks and did the kill-a-thon.

I was in god mode, but my wife plays continually in god mode and it hasn't kept her from popping the achievements.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Which version of Skyrim? If you're using Special Edition, you need to use an achievements enabler because Bethesda won't let you get achievements in modded playthroughs.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

What Balmas said, and did you get all four ranks of the base damage boost?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Which version of Skyrim? If you're using Special Edition, you need to use an achievements enabler because Bethesda won't let you get achievements in modded playthroughs.
    Wait, for Steam achievements? Huh, thanks for mentioning it. I didn't know that was a thing.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Original edition.

What Balmas said, and did you get all four ranks of the base damage boost?
    Yes.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Did you check if you already had the achievement?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Did you check if you already had the achievement?
    *chuckle* Yes, twice. The first time after I tried giving myself the perks, and again after I tried just grinding.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone else tried the mod Northern Encounters for Skyrim LE? Some of the encounters are hard. So far none of them were as hard as a little place called Atmoran outpost, full of a dozen Draugr Deathlords, who all shout. Sometimes together, sometimes one after another. It took over an hour to work my way through the tower, only to find a ladder at the end. This lead me to the roof, with another five deathlords who proceeded to shout me off the tower. Fortunately Ordinator's version of Cushioned grants fall damage immunity. So I go back up and instantly go flying again. The sheer hilarity of the situation is just... beyond me.