New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge: E6 Appetizer Edition (Round V)

While I don't think that LA should make a common occurrence or be allowed in this E6 challenge, it could be interesting to have the SI be a certain template, or race. Like you said in E6 a half fey ninja is much more pronounced than in the normal Iron Chef competition where it would be a ninja with some Half Fey added in.

That said I could see subtracting the LA from the amount of feats you get in the epic portions of the E6 build as well as the pb cost.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falontani View Post
    how do we do equipment/fluff in E6? It's my first time posting to either of them and I've got the build finalized but am struggling with what levels to portray, how much money I have for equipment (WBL 6 or 16??)
    Definitely not 16.

In E6, you get an extra feat for each 5000 XP above 6th level, so getting 10 extra feats means 50K XP above 6th level. You need 40K XP to achieve level 11, and 51K XP to achieve level 12 (that is extra XP above level 6), so you should not have more wealth than that (a forgiving DM might grant you 12th level WBL, while a strict one would go with 11th level WBL... and maybe a bit more for that level's expendables).
    Fantabulous Duskblade avatar by linklele, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

I've only got one entry so far. We're at about 3 days left before the deadline, and no weekends left. How's everyone doing?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

4. - Top - End - #34

NinjaGuy

Still planning on getting a build in - basically finished save write up and formatting (which I hear can be difficult). Planning on starting formatting tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

I just need to find a thin veneer of backstory to overlay my powergaming.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm trying, but I don't know if I will make it. Plus, I'm not that enthused with my build (and I've not found all 10 of my epic feats yet).

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Long_shanks View Post
    I'm trying, but I don't know if I will make it. Plus, I'm not that enthused with my build (and I've not found all 10 of my epic feats yet).
    If you’ve got most of the build down, I say just gun the engine and hit ramming speed. Even if your build doesn’t work flawlessly, it almost always feels better to submit a non-medaling build than to live forever never knowing how you’d stack up. Hell, there’s been more than once when I Vizzini’d myself out of even trying, only to find out that no one else had even had the same idea!

That goes for everyone, by the way! This is all for fun. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good, you know?

Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

I'm trying to do a decent build, but grafting other classes' abilities onto the ninja is even LESS fulfilling than with paladin!

No, in reality I have a sorta idea, but it's pretty dumb.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    If you’ve got most of the build down, I say just gun the engine and hit ramming speed. Even if your build doesn’t work flawlessly, it almost always feels better to submit a non-medaling build than to live forever never knowing how you’d stack up. Hell, there’s been more than once when I Vizzini’d myself out of even trying, only to find out that no one else had even had the same idea!

That goes for everyone, by the way! This is all for fun. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good, you know?
    That's a hell of a motivational speech.
    I'm sure you're going to get a couple more entries in the next few days, including mine, if I work out the finishing touches in time.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post

Fair words, my friend. Ended up having more free time that expected today, so I'm now almost sure i'll be able to submit. I've only one feat left to find and some fluff to had (it's going to be pretty minimalistic, but I've never been one for creative writing).

On a side note, it's my first experience with formatting an entry. Goddam... it isn't fun.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Make your build in Google Sheets or Excel, make a one by one table, hit the top left button of the controls which is the what-you-see-is-what-you-get mode, paste your build into it, hit the what-you-see-is-what-you-get button again, and erase one set of the table brackets.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    Make your build in Google Sheets or Excel, make a one by one table, hit the top left button of the controls which is the what-you-see-is-what-you-get mode, paste your build into it, hit the what-you-see-is-what-you-get button again, and erase one set of the table brackets.
    Oh wow, I didn't know about that button. Thanks you, that's gonna help a whole lot.

13. - Top - End - #43

There's a build stub I can't get out of my head, but can't come up with anything to make it really work past level 1. I might try to submit something tonight if I can come up with anything that's vaguely close to good.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Btw, what are the requirements for being a judge? I've been trying to come up with a valid built, but I couldn't come up with anything that wasn't ridiculously obvious, so I was thinking of judging instead.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I’ve never done one of these but I’m toying with a build; I’ll try to get it in by the deadline.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MinimanMidget View Post
    There's a build stub I can't get out of my head, but can't come up with anything to make it really work past level 1. I might try to submit something tonight if I can come up with anything that's vaguely close to good.
    Do it! What’s the worst that can happen? We believe in you!

Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    Btw, what are the requirements for being a judge? I've been trying to come up with a valid built, but I couldn't come up with anything that wasn't ridiculously obvious, so I was thinking of judging instead.
    “Requirements” is a bit of a harsher word than I’d choose to use here. We ask that judges be fair and even-handed, that they stick to their own criteria, and that they understand the material at hand (definitely make sure to check as much source material as possible, and if you don’t have a key book, ask for an excerpt of the relevant text in order to render a key judgment).

There’s a limited number of judging guidelines in the OP (the most important ones being “One Mistake, One Penalty” and the admonition not to directly penalize solely for which/how many sources are used), but those are meant as sort of a few edge-case boundaries rather than “follow these instructions for a complete picture of how to judge.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lapak View Post
    I’ve never done one of these but I’m toying with a build; I’ll try to get it in by the deadline.
    Do it! Good luck! We believe in you!

17. - Top - End - #47

Just... a few more... finishing touches. How much more time do we have? So I don't miss this on a time zone difference...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Roughly 24 more hours. Slightly more than that, but about one day.

If you’re in the US, the intent is midnight Thursday Mountain Time. For those of us outside the US, the time zone in question is GMT (UTC) - 7, so 7 AM Friday GMT (UTC). Pretty sure I did that math right. Someone can double-check me if desired.
    Last edited by Zaq; 2018-02-01 at 12:27 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

WolfInSheepsClothing

Haven't done an E6 IC competition before, but I'm going to be send a build in shortly. Let's see how this goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    We live in the land of the internets, where arguing is never pointless.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Won't be able to participate. I was unhappy with either the race I picked or the use of certain class feature.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Alright, I submitted my build. Pretty basic stuff, but hey. Let's just hope nobody had the same idea ;)

22. - Top - End - #52

NinjaGuy

Build Submitted! Hopefully doesn't suck quite as much as I currently think it does (marathon formatting is not conducive to positive thinking) :P

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Submitted. Hopefully I didn't mess up anything too obvious due to inexperience and/or last-minute adjusting!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

For all those that just submitted, or that are still planning to submit, did you list your sources? It helps a lot with the judging. Not that I have ever forgotten to include the sources in a build of mine. No sir, never, I tell you!
    Last edited by DeTess; 2018-02-02 at 08:37 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

25. - Top - End - #55
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

yes, please do include your sources, for your sakes :)
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Okay folks, pencils down.

I do not have time to post the builds before I get to work, so the reveal will have to be later today, but we’ve passed the deadline with easily more than enough submissions. This is going to be fun.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm looking forward to the reveal
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Is the witching hour at hand yet?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, sorry everyone! It's been an unexpectedly busy couple of days, and I just got home.

Also, there are a lot of entries. Took me a while to make a table and organize them. No witty comments this round, but let's get to it!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Entry the first!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilash, The Chamber's Shadow
    Aeilash, The Chamber’s Shadow
    Neutral Good Grey Elf/Dragonborn (Eberron)
    Scout 1/Ninja 4/Avenger 1

Spoiler: Background
    Show

It should have been a perfect day to wander the rolling steppes; the sun was high, the clouds scarce, and there was a breeze stiff enough to cut the heat of the day without being too insistent. And yet. Aeilash of the Tairnadal couldn’t shake the feeling that something was not right with the day. He had spent the morning enjoying the feel of sun and wind, too relaxed to put more than a passing effort into looking for the game that was ostensibly his reason for roaming so far from home in Valenshold. At first he’d attributed the lack of potential lunch to this distraction, but as the day wore on without sight nor sign an unease had gripped the young elf, and now he walked softly, eyes scanning the surroundings with care for he knew not what. Aeilash came upon an unusually deep fold in the plains, and in the shadowed folds found a scene of devastation. The corpses of deer and other animals littered the ground and the grass was torn up and trampled with blood. So shocked was he that didn’t see the creature until it was too late. With a shrieking hiss something out of a nightmare flew out of the remaining grass and sank its claws and teeth into the elf. Aeilash managed to throw the monster off with a yell, but when he tried to rise found his legs unable to bear his weight. Something on the creature’s claws must have poisoned him; all he could do was watch in horror as the monster stalked back, a look of malevolent glee on its face. Aeilash’s sight grew dim, consciousness fading. The last thing he saw before he passed out was a darkly clad woman flickering into view behind the creature and neatly piercing it through the heart.

Consciousness returned slowly. The first thing Aeilash noted was the lack of pain; he hadn’t expected to wake again at all. Aeilash stirred and opened his eyes to find night had fallen over the steppes.
    “Welcome back.”
    The elf started and looked around. In the soft light of moon and stars he made out two figures nearby; the woman who had rescued him and an older human looking his way, hair starting to silver at the temples.
    Aeilash sat up, a rough blanket falling away. “Who are you?”
    “You may call me Pendrag, and I believe you’ve met my companion Akari. We’re lucky she found you when she did; you very nearly died.”
    “What happened?”
    “You were attacked by an imp we had been tracking. Akari killed it and brought you to me.”
    “What was an imp doing here?”
    “Ah, now that is indeed the question. The imp was part of a group of fiends we had been following for the past while. They have been combing the steppes for some time now, moving with purpose and avoiding notice rather than causing havoc as is their usual wont. We believe that the group has been sent directly by the Lords of Dust, though for what reason we still don’t know, though likely they seek an entrance to the Underdark, a route through which their kin might arrive. They seem to have stopped in the area.” The old human sighed. “I fear that things will get worse before we stop whatever plan has brought the agents of the Lords of Dust here.”

Indeed, Pendrag was soon proved right. More fiendish creatures arrived all the time, and soon it wasn’t safe to travel beyond Valenshold. Occasionally some fiends tried to enter the village, but the Deathless Guard repelled them easily. However, there weren’t enough of the Deathless to both defend the village and search for the source of the attacks. Unable to sit idle while his friends and family were in danger, Aeilash joined Pendrag and Akari in searching out the entrance to the Underdark the fiends had found. Akari taught him how to pass unseen and strike true, how to become one with the darkness, and the two spent many nights moving through the steppes in search of the entrance to The Dragon Below.

One night while out scouting the steppes Aeilash felt a light touch on his back and turned to find Akari behind him.
    “Come with me; I’ve found the entrance. Pendrag is already on his way there.”
    Aeilash’s heart starting beating faster. Finally they could do something about the monsters that had been attacking his home. The two sped across the plains, fleeting shadows quickly catch Pendrag as he walked through the night. Following Akari’s directions the trio found themselves looking down into a fold of the land deeper than any Aeilash had seen before. Almost hidden in the shadows at the bottom lay a denser darkness from which a vaguely humanoid creature emerged, moonlight illuminating a feline head, sharp-toothed and striped. Pendrag took a sharp breath and stood up, walking into view of the fiend.
    “Rakshasa. Whatever schemes the Lords of Dust have for this land end tonight.”
    The creature’s muzzle twisted into a snarl and he spoke.
    “You’re too late worm; even now the village burns, and once I kill you this area will become a new foothold of the Demon Wastes!”
    Pendrag’s head snapped to Aeilash.
    “Go Aeilash! Akari and I will deal with this beast. Go help Valenshold”
    With that Pendrag began walking towards the Rakshasa, and as he did so he began to change. With each step he appeared taller, limbs lengthening. Within a dozen feet scales had replaced skin, glinting silver in the moonlight and with a roar wings unfurled and stretched wide. Standing where the old human had been was a silver dragon, majestic and terrible.
    “What…” Aeilash stood rooted, Rakshasa, fiends, and Valenshold forgotten in his shock.
    “There’s no time to explain, go!”
    The Rakshasa roared and fiends came pouring out of the darkness, rushing towards the dragon and Akari who with a flicker disappeared into the shadows. Aeilash turned and ran.

The sounds of fighting and dying reached Aeilash before Valenshold came into view. Building were burning. Bodies lay crumpled in the dim light of the flame. A line of Elves and Deathless could be seen holding off a small horde of lesser fiends led by another Rakshasa, standing head and shoulders above the rest. Aeilash cut a path to the fiend, and after a long and harrowing conflict managed to slay the beast. With their leader dead the remaining fiends scattered, the stragglers cut down by the defenders. At long last Valenshold was safe.

The next morning Pendrag and Akari returned to Valenshold after the last of the wounded had been seen to and the last of the venerated dead given their final rest. They found Aeilash sitting covered in blood and ash, exhausted. Pendrag was once human, no sign of the dragon he had become.
    “I owe you an explanation. Akari and I work for an organization that, among other things, opposes the works of the Lords of Dust wheresoever they might be. We call ourselves The Chamber. I hid my true nature from you not out of a desire to deceive, but out of a desire to avoid conflict. The elves or Arenal and the Dragons of Argonnessen do not have the best of relationships. I am sorry.” Pendrag sighed. “And now we must leave. With the Rakshasas dead and the entrance to the Underdark sealed the threat here has passed. The Chamber calls, and the work goes on.”
    The seemingly elderly human and his companion turned to leave when Aeilash called out.
    “Wait. I’m coming with you; I would join the fight against the Lords of Dust. No one else should have to suffer as Valenshold has.”
    The dragon looked back. “Then welcome, Aeilash, to The Chamber. We leave at once.”
    The young elf took one last look at the town he’d called home for all his years, squared his shoulders, and left.

Years passed and Aeilash became an indispensable agent for The Chamber. He often worked alone, slipping in unseen and removing threats before they materialized. Most of those he helped never knew they needed saving at all. Aeilash’s dedication to the Chamber was such that he eventually heard Eberron’s Call to undergo the Rite of Rebirth, emerging Dragonborn, marked as a champion of The Chamber. Stories of his exploits are whispered; the knife in the dark, bringing light to those in need, Bane of the Lords of Dust: Aeilash, The Chamber’s Shadow.

Spoiler: Ability Scores
    Show
    Ability Score Racial (G. Elf) Lvl 4 Increase Racial (Dragonborn)
    Strength 12 10 10 10
    Dexterity 14 16 (+2) 17 (+1) 15 (-2)
    Constitution 12 10 (-2) 10 12 (+2)
    Intelligence 14 16 (+2) 16 16
    Wisdom 14 14 14 14
    Charisma 14 14 14 14

Spoiler: Build Progression
    Show

Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st Scout +0 +0 +2 +0 Balance 4, Bluff 2(4cc), Craft (poison making) 4, Hide 4, Iaijutsu Focus 4, Jump 4, Listen 4, Move Silently 4, Sense Motive 4, Spot 4, Tumble 4 Aereni Focus (Iaijutsu Focus) Skirmish +1d6, Trapfinding
    2nd Ninja +0 +0 +4 +0 Balance 5(+1), Bluff 4(+2), Craft (poison making) 5(+1), Hide 5(+1), Iaijutsu Focus 5(+1), Jump 4, Listen 5(+1), Move Silently 5(+1), Sense Motive 4, Spot 5(+1), Tumble 4 Ki Power, Sudden Strike +1d6, Trapfinding
    3rd Ninja +1 +0 +5 +0 Balance 5, Bluff 6(+2), Craft (poison making) 6(+1), Disguise 1(+1), Hide 6(+1), Iaijutsu Focus 6(+1), Jump 4, Listen 6(+1), Move Silently 6(+1), Sense Motive 4, Spot 6(+1), Tumble 4 Darkstalker Ghost Step (Invisible)
    4th Ninja +2 +1 +5 +1 Balance 5, Bluff 7(+1), Craft (poison making) 7(+1), Disguise 2(+1), Hide 7(+1), Iaijutsu Focus 7(+1), Jump 4, Listen 7(+1), Move Silently 7(+1), Sense Motive 4, Spot 7(+1), Tumble 5(+1) Sudden Strike +2d6, Poison Use
    5th Ninja +3 +1 +6 +1 Balance 5, Bluff 8(+1), Craft (poison making) 8(+1), Disguise 4(+2), Hide 8(+1), Iaijutsu Focus 8(+1), Jump 4, Listen 8(+1), Move Silently 8(+1), Sense Motive 4, Spot 8(+1), Tumble 5 Great Leap
    6th Avenger +3 +1 +8 +1 Balance 5, Bluff 9(+1), Craft (poison making) 9(+1), Disguise 4, Hide 9(+1), Iaijutsu Focus 9(+1), Jump 4, Listen 9 (+1), Move Silently 9(+1), Sense Motive 4, Spot 9(+1), Tumble 5 Weapon Finesse Sneak Attack +1d6, Death Attack, Poison Use, Spellcasting

Spells Per Day/Spells Known
    Level 1st
    1st -
    2nd -
    3rd -
    4th -
    5th -
    6th 0+/2
    Spells Known: Ebon Eyes, Disguise Self

Epic Feats:
    1: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Gnome Quickrazor)
    2: Improved Initiative
    3: Combat Expertise
    4: Improved Feint
    Become Dragonborn and retrain Aereni Focus --> Air Heritage
    5: Dragonfire Strike
    6: Flyby Attack
    7: Martial Study (Shadow Jaunt)
    8: Martial Stance (Child of Shadow)
    9: Venomous Strike
    10: Sickening Strike

Tome of Battle Maneuvers Known:
    Shadow Jaunt @ Epic Feat 7
    Tome of Battle Stances Known:
    Child of Shadow @ Epic Feat 8

Spoiler: Build Write-up
    Show

Level 1: Aeilash is a 1st level Scout. With max ranks in the four sneaking skills he makes a decent scout –which will continue to be his primary party role throughout – though he lacks the skill points to find and disable the locks and traps his Trapfinding class feature theoretically allows him to deal with. Iaijutsu Focus was picked up with the Eberron regional/racial feat Aereni Focus for a total modifier at level 1 of +9 which guarantees an additional +1d6-+4d6 damage on any attack on a flat-footed opponent when he draws a melee weapon. With no other tricks up his sleeve this likely won’t come up that often, particularly as with his low STR, CON, and Hit Die Aeilash’s optimal combat pattern mostly consists of running around with a shortbow to trigger Skirmish damage.

Level 2: Aeilash has picked up a level of the SI, which comes Sudden Strike (+1d6), a +2 bonus on Will saves from Ki Power (helping with one of his bad saves), and a second helping of Trapfinding which we will from now on pretend not to have. If Aeilash manages to sneak up on a foe and attack them while flat-footed, he can get extra damage from Skirmish, Sudden Strike, and Iaijutsu Focus for +3d6-+7d6 on his first melee strike. However, fragility, +0BAB, and a continuing lack of tricks to make opponents flat-footed or retrigger Iaijutsu Focus means he is still probably running around with a shortbow.

Level 3: With a second level of Ninja Aeilash picks up the ability to use his Ki Power to trigger Ghost Step three times a day, rendering him invisible for a round as a swift action. With the acquisition of Darkstalker this gives him a near certain way to make opponents flat-footed so as to trigger Sudden Strike or Iajutsu Focus. Being able to go invisible is also a nice get out of jail free card for when Aeilash realizes he really shouldn’t be in melee still. At this level we’ve managed to get Bluff maxed out as well, which begins to open up the possibility of using Feint in combat to make an opponent flat footed, as well as making Aeilash a vaguely useful secondary party face.

Level 4: At this level Aeilash picks up some additional Sudden Strike damage as well as Poison Use, which gives him a safe use for those max ranks of Craft (Poison Making). Arguments about alignment restrictions for poisons ensue, but in any case non-lethal options can be utilized without fear of role-play gymnastics. While Aeilash may have been using poisons earlier in his career, now he can do so without fear of poisoning himself. Assuming he can get the drop on his foes, Aeilash can start off an encounter with an attack that applies poison, +1d6 Skirmish, +2d6 Sudden Strike, and +1d6-+5d6 Iaijutsu Focus Damage, which can then be followed up with a Ghost Step to disengage and return to shooting poison coated Skirmish arrows.

Level 5: Cards on the table, this level is not good for Aeilash. Great Leap is wholly underwhelming, and while there are uses for it there was not space in the build to take advantage of its utility. Not to mention when Aeilash becomes Dragonborn he’ll be getting wings for an Ex flight speed and rendering Jump rather moot. The only real benefit of this level is a fourth daily use of Ki Power for use with Ghost Step.

Level 6: For the final class level Aeilash takes the Avenger class, which is a web supplement good-aligned reskinning of the DMG Assassin. This class gives Sneak Attack +1d6, Death Attack, Poison Use (whoops), and Spellcasting. Sneak attack is nice in that not only any time Sudden Strike or Iaijutsu Focus damage would apply so does Sneak Attack, but there are several easier ways to trigger it’s additional damage (namely flanking). Death Attack has a fairly low DC (14), but combined with poison application makes any target Aeilash manages to sneak up on have to make two saves right off the bat, as well as a potentially large amount of damage from the precision damage stacking and Iaijutsu damage. At this point in his career, a single surprise round attack from Aeilash forces two saves vs death/suckitude and deals a total of +6d6-+9d6 precision and Iaijutsu Focus damage, and with the pick-up of Weapon Finesse he has a decent chance of actually landing it. Avenger Spellcasting is exciting in that it opens up the use of wands for Aeilash (prepared spells are not terrible effective, having only 1 slot available which will have either Ebon Eyes or Disguise Self prepared depending on what the adventuring day looks like). There are a number of useful swift action spells that he can pick up to use such as True Strike, Shock and Awe, and Alter Self to name a few. Of particular note is the spell Insightful Feint, which allows Feinting as a move action in combat. Grab a wand of this and for 15gp a round Aeilash can render an opponent flat-footed reliably.

Epic Feats:
    E1: Picking up the ability to use the Gnome Quickrazor opens up the door to triggering Iaijutsu Focus multiple times in a combat without having to carry many sheathed weapons. Wearing a spiked gauntlet on your off-hand allows you to remain armed for the purpose of threatening AoOs while still being able to use wands. If your DM allows you to wear Gnome Quickrazors at the same time as spiked gauntlets, then you get to have two pre-coated in poison for use in a single fight without having to waste an action, as well as likely being able to carry a shortbow at the same time so you can swap between melee and ranged at will.
    E2: Aeilash relies rather heavily on getting the drop on his opponents, so getting +4 to initiative is always welcome
    E3: Combat Expertise is rather underwhelming, but is required for…
    E4: Improved Feint! Once Aeilash has this feat he has the means to render an opponent flat-footed each round without burning Ghost Step uses or losing standard actions. Pair it up with a wand of Insightful Feint and he can feint as a free action leaving an unused move action each round.
    DRAGONBORN: At this point in his career Aeilash heeds the call of Eberron and undergoes the Rite of Rebirth, becoming Dragonborn and the Chamber’s Shadow. Aside from some racial bonus changes, this has two primary effects. First, Aeilash selects the Wings Aspect which grants him an Ex Fly Speed of 30ft with average maneuverability since Aeilash has 6HD. Secondly, no longer being an elf Aeilash doesn’t qualify for Aereni Focus (Iajutsu Focus) at this point and retrains it into Air Heritage, which gives him a fly speed of 60ft. While Iajutsu Focus is no longer a class skill, the skill points have already been spent as class skills and thus Aeilash retains his 9 ranks in Iajutsu Focus, which still grants +1d6-+5d6 additional damage without items.
    E5: Now that Aeilash has the Dragonblood subtype we’ll pick up the Dragonfire Strike feat which allows for the damage from Sneak Attack, Skirmish, or Sudden Strike to be turned into fire damage with an additional +1d6. There is a strong argument for this applying independently to each of the three precision damage types, which would make use of this feat impart +3d6 damage to Aeilash’s attacks. However, it’s slightly ambiguous and should be cleared with the DM, and will be left to the Judge(s)’ discretion without dispute.
    E6: Flyby Attack completes Aeilash’s combat style. Now every turn he can make a flyby attack triggering Skirmish and ending his turn not in base-to-base melee, which admittedly isn’t as important in E6 with at most one iterative, but natural attackers will still require pounce to be effective against him, as well as a fly speed. Swift action uses of Insightful Feint and Ghost Step can guarantee forcing an opponent flat-footed to trigger Sneak Attack, Sudden Strike, and Iaijutsu Focus.
    E7: Shadow Jaunt is a nice get out of jail free card, and dovetails nicely into…
    E8: Child of Shadow, which should be giving Aeilash 20% miss chance every round in which he triggers Skirmish. At this point it would be nice to get your hands on a Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis for Hide in Plain Sight to use with Child of Shadow and free up your swift action for some other use.
    E9&10: Sickening Strike and Venomous Strike both provide an effective +4 DC on poison use and an effective +2 DC on Death attack. Both of these feats effects say that your Sneak Attack damage is reduced by 1d6, which may cause headaches as Aeilash has only 1d6 of SA. Whether they can both be used at once may be up for debate, as is whether or not Dragonfire Strike increases the +0d6 SA damage to +1d6 fire damage or cannot affect the SA portion of the precision damage.

A general note about Aeilash: this character is extremely, one might say entirely, dependent on precision damage sources save for Iaijutsu Focus damage. In any campaign populated with precision immune creatures (undead, constructs, etc.) the character will be extremely hampered.

Spoiler: Build Variations
    Show

Some of the choices made for feats somewhat dependent on the availability (or lack thereof) of certain equipment.

Of particular note if Gnome Quickrazors are not available some other method of reliably triggering Iaijutsu Focus needs to be found. There might be an argument made that a lawful Incarnate Weapon Soulmeld’s ability to return might allow it to show up sheathed should you hold your hand and sheath correctly. In that case you would need to swap out Exotic Weapon Proficiency for Shape Soulmeld, and likely find room for Extra Essentia, Open Least Chakra, and Expanded Essentia Capacity.
    Should Feycrafted weapons be available, a Feycrafted Gnome Quickrazor would obviate the need for Weapon Finesse, which would open up a feat slot.

If a Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis is not available, the Martial Stance Child of Shadows loses some of its value. Concealment is nice, but may not be worth two feats without the HiPS synergy.

Should any of these feats need to be swapped out, some potential other epic feats might be: Expanded Ki Pool, Enduring Ki, Master of Poisons, Poison Expert, Craven, Shape Soulmeld (Kruthik Claws).

If flaws are available, pick up Hidden Talent to get access to Psionic Minor Creation for a reliable and free source of poisons.

Spoiler: Sources
    Show

Complete Adventurer (CAd) – Scout (p10), Ninja (p5)
    Player’s Guide to Eberron (PE) – Aereni Focus (p20)
    Oriental Adventures (OA) – Iaijutsu Focus (p58)
    Planar Handbook (PlH) – Air Heritage (p37)
    Lords of Madness (LoM) – Darkstalker (p173)
    Races of Stone (RoS) – Gnome Quickrazor (p154)
    Dragon Magic (DrM) – Dragonfire Strike (p18)
    Monster Manual (MM) – Flyby Attack (p303), Gray Elf (p104)
    Tome of Battle (ToB) – Martial Study (p31), Martial Stance (p31), Shadow Jaunt (p79), Child of Shadow (p76)
    Drow of the Underdark (DotU) – Sickening Strike (p54), Venomous Strike (p54)
    Dungeon Master’s Guide 2 (DMG2) – Feycraft (p275)
    Web - Avenger
    Spell Compendium (SpC) – Insightful Feint (p124), Ebon Eyes (p77)
    Races of the Dragon (RoD) – Dragonborn (~p8)
    Tome of Magic (ToM) – Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis (p156)

All items not specifically called out are either described in a higher level item (such is the case for class features), in the PHB, or not part of the build as presented.