New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Soooo...Is anyone else wondering if the thing Bubbles can do with her hips might have combat application? I mean, I certainly wouldn't be expecting that.
    The ability to alter one's hip structure has the potential to facilitate carrying or dragging heavy loads, which is certainly relevant to military operations.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

You guys are offering far more practical ideas then my idea of a butt-launcher. Through using AI to haul heavy loads (or carry them) is a pretty good one and would explain her size, since you'd think the giant red woman would be a bit of a target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Plus that degree of flexibility can allow Bobbles to squeeze in and out of phyisically tight spots if she's not in restrictive armour.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Welp going through the archives comes with this prophetic quip from Pintsize http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2262

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm aware that the concept exists. I've just never heard the word "myomer" used to describe it outside of Battletech, until QC.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Firbolg in the Playground

She can bump into tanks and turn them over.
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2018-04-22 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #847

Quote Originally Posted by Brance_a_Lot View Post
    Welp going through the archives comes with this prophetic quip from Pintsize http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2262
    Was Marten quoting Boccaccio there?

https://www.brown.edu/Departments/It...v0301&lang=eng
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2018-04-22 at 05:44 AM.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

This strip can also be some foreshadowing for Claire being Trans:

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2280

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    This strip can also be some foreshadowing for Claire being Trans:

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2280
    Eh... "elements of reality suck" isn't really foreshadowing anything in particular. I mean, anyone in the cast could have said that line and it would still have made sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    Eh... "elements of reality suck" isn't really foreshadowing anything in particular. I mean, anyone in the cast could have said that line and it would still have made sense.
    So that was made before coffee for me, so foreshadowing is the wrong word. I guess strong resonance with the character upon re reading is a better way to phrase it.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Was Marten quoting Boccaccio there?

https://www.brown.edu/Departments/It...v0301&lang=eng
    That's a great parallel, haha. However, it doesn't seem to be intentional: Marten was signaling his desire to get away from the sex talk, and Signore da Lamporecchio, well, clearly had other intentions.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Well, birds have a fairly small brain and a basic instinct for birds of prey is to eat anything small enough.. Seems pretty straight forward they'd be programmed to just be mean.

Also, I sure wonder what eagle week is going to be like..
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

13. - Top - End - #853
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, birds have a fairly small brain and a basic instinct for birds of prey is to eat anything small enough.. Seems pretty straight forward they'd be programmed to just be mean.

I hope it has nothing to do with Yelling Bird.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

God help us if she ever meets up with Raven.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Roko fighting off eagles after her bread?

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Roko fighting off eagles after her bread?
    Oh, of course, I already forgot about that. That's got to be what the next arc will be about. Do you think Roko will have adopted an eagle by the end of it? I mean, think about it, it could even serve for surveillance at work.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Oh, of course, I already forgot about that. That's got to be what the next arc will be about. Do you think Roko will have adopted an eagle by the end of it? I mean, think about it, it could even serve for surveillance at work.
    Clearly she will discover a wounded eagle and bring it to faye and bubbles for cybernetic reconstruction.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, also keep in mind that their eyesight is often better then ours. And the trade off of better sense is often more processing dedicated to it, as well as the fact that eyes often take up a huge chunk of brain room.

Through I would assume that eagles look intense because of human projection, since I doubt eagles have a lot of facial muscles dedicated to expressions. I was under the impression that birds communicated quite a lot through body language, not facial expression. Maybe it was one of the professor's jokes you are supposed to laugh with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Well, also keep in mind that their eyesight is often better then ours. And the trade off of better sense is often more processing dedicated to it, as well as the fact that eyes often take up a huge chunk of brain room.

Through I would assume that eagles look intense because of human projection, since I doubt eagles have a lot of facial muscles dedicated to expressions. I was under the impression that birds communicated quite a lot through body language, not facial expression. Maybe it was one of the professor's jokes you are supposed to laugh with?
    Spoiler: Not to mention...
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

20. - Top - End - #860

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    Spoiler: Not to mention...
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm not sure German Terminator Eagles count. Theyre clearly cybernetically engineered.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

Melon and Emily get along strangely and disturbingly well. And I want very much to see what LSD-like trip sniffing drain cleaner produces in Melon

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that went from silly to befuddling. If you're getting a drink for smelling, why get a double?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, damn imperial eagles hunted our native elephants to extinction.. Curse them.

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Melon and Emily get along strangely and disturbingly well. And I want very much to see what LSD-like trip sniffing drain cleaner produces in Melon
    Melon and Emily have certainly an interesting potential and I am curious if a tea hallucination would cause Melon to go "sane". But her hijinks are getting a bit too random for my taste. We'll see how it goes.
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #865

Griffon

Pretty sure that drain cleaner isn't vegan; anything anti-bacterial must, by definition, have been tested on animals at some point.

It *might* be organic though. Never underestimate the niche market!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, that went from silly to befuddling. If you're getting a drink for smelling, why get a double?
    Because it will smell more intense? It's the same principle as wearing a quick dab of perfume, compared to completely painting yourself in the stuff. One will make you smell nice, the other will make your eyes water and make other people gag at 20 paces. Melon is apparently intending on a really powerful experience.

...Hopefully drain cleaner turns out to be the robot equivalent to peyote, and we see a welcome return of the tapirs
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-04-25 at 04:29 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Pretty sure that drain cleaner isn't vegan; anything anti-bacterial must, by definition, have been tested on animals at some point.

It *might* be organic though. Never underestimate the niche market!
    I was going to argue drain cleaner is usually just sodium hydroxide and neither testing was necessary nor would you be able to make it "organic" (or would it always be organic? Can salt be organic?) but apparently there is far more variety than I realized. It's always nice to learn something new.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #867

Draino -- Tested on Bunnies

28. - Top - End - #868

Griffon

I was going to argue drain cleaner is usually just sodium hydroxide and neither testing was necessary
    Someone, at some point, would have intentionally doused a colony of bacteria with hydroxides - among other chemicals - to see what would happen under a microscope. I myself am not vegan so I could not say for certain, but I would be confident in saying that such a process might count as violating some peoples' personal definition.

It would be a very extreme and unusually specific definition, perhaps, but one thing that the internet has taught me is to never doubt how seriously some people will take their beliefs.

(or would it always be organic? Can salt be organic?)
    Like vegetarianism and veganism, I imagine that there are different 'levels' of organic that some people would accept and other would disqualify. In this particular case, I would expect organic salt to refer to sea salt made by dehydration, as opposed to industriously mined or laboratory-made salt.

Draino -- Tested on Bunnies
    Well, I mean... As horrible as it sounds, it almost certainly has been if only to study the effects of chemical burns and poisoning, if not to also test potential antidotes thereafter. Ethical testing of products post-dates a large number of established corporations by some decades, in many cases.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-04-25 at 06:18 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

29. - Top - End - #869
    Colossus in the Playground

I thought veganism was just about animals. Sometimes to insane degrees, sure, but bacteria too? Really? Really?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

30. - Top - End - #870
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not really, no. I doubt many rational people would care about bacteria before caring about plants. If you count it when a few people have such views sure you will find people with the weirdest stances. But if we considered all fringe belief parts of something, every stance would be rather weird and inconsistent.