Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1110
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Why did they swap out Faye with that new girl in the last panel? Is Bubbles hallucinating?

    That last panel has something really bad in its art. Something "my first webcomic!" level.

  2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    On the tip of my tongue
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    That being?

  3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The land of corn

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    So happy right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    . Neither side even admitted they liked the other
    The face mushing is the admission. Not everything needs to be done with words.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.
    Avatar by Kairaven.

  4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    That being?
    If that was written to me: screwed up proportions between panel 1 and panel 4, and Faye's jaw getting oddly short in panel 4 compared to panel 3.

    (I also think that panel 4 looks bad because of its general framing, but that might just be me, I think it makes Faye's arm look disproportionate, although it's actually more or less the right size.)

  5. - Top - End - #1085
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Rockies
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    I feel like I'm reading a different webcomic than a lot of y'all. There's been plenty of subtext and hints that they both have a thing for each other. We've seen Bubbles get flustered over her feelings. We've seen Faye obliviously talk about how much she cares for her, and when she blushes thinking about Bubbles. And yeah, sometimes a couple people just spontaneously kiss barely saying a word because it's what feels right to both of them in the moment. That's how my first relationship started. Not every relationship starts with "omg I love you let's kiss," sometimes two people just suddenly realize that they have a thing for each other and it's reciprocated and they act in the moment.

    Also, the lines, "I would never leave unless you asked me to," and "I would never ask you to," both say it pretty damn clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab
    Yeah, its actually a downgrade for him because at first level he only had to be lawful.

  6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cizak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    It is curious that two of the comic's best characters share one of its worse romances. Though to be fair, it's mostly so awful because of other characters than the ones in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

    Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

    Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

  7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by Prospekt View Post
    I feel like I'm reading a different webcomic than a lot of y'all. There's been plenty of subtext and hints that they both have a thing for each other. We've seen Bubbles get flustered over her feelings. We've seen Faye obliviously talk about how much she cares for her, and when she blushes thinking about Bubbles. And yeah, sometimes a couple people just spontaneously kiss barely saying a word because it's what feels right to both of them in the moment. That's how my first relationship started. Not every relationship starts with "omg I love you let's kiss," sometimes two people just suddenly realize that they have a thing for each other and it's reciprocated and they act in the moment.

    Also, the lines, "I would never leave unless you asked me to," and "I would never ask you to," both say it pretty damn clearly.
    That they are attracted to each other wasnt in doubt. Everyone both in comic and out saw it. The problem was the kiss breakthrough. Neither one confessed their feelings before they just went for it. Both of them are a basket full of issues when it comes to social interaction, so the idea of just taking the plunge and going for a kiss shouldnt have been one they would act on without a confession first. As it stood, both were aware that THEY liked the other, but hadnt confirmed the other felt the same way for them. So the kiss came off as too abrupt and awkwardly created by the author. At least to me.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  8. - Top - End - #1088
    Troll in the Playground
     
    georgie_leech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    That they are attracted to each other wasnt in doubt. Everyone both in comic and out saw it. The problem was the kiss breakthrough. Neither one confessed their feelings before they just went for it. Both of them are a basket full of issues when it comes to social interaction, so the idea of just taking the plunge and going for a kiss shouldnt have been one they would act on without a confession first. As it stood, both were aware that THEY liked the other, but hadnt confirmed the other felt the same way for them. So the kiss came off as too abrupt and awkwardly created by the author. At least to me.
    Alternatively, Faye knew Bubbles felt a certain way towards her. Choosing to ignore is not the same thing as totally unaware. And if someone I had been nursing affections for suddenly came up to me and started kissing during an intimate moment, I'm pretty sure I would be too busy going "Oh my god it's happening" to question it. At least at first; any "wait, where'd that come from" would happen after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    So a ranger is like a Bachelor of Applied Druidology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    What's the word for 'fear of being eaten by a mounted bear in half-plate' again? Because that's the one I have.

  9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    I was clicking the random comic link to kill some time, and found this gem of foreshadowing for the current plot:
    http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2262

    I kinda doubt 'twas intentional and real foreshadowing -- comic doesn't seem to be written that far in advance -- but seemed worth noting Pintsize's prognostication. (And sorry if someone already noted this earlier in this plotline.)

  10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dancin' away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    I don't know if "being afraid of annoying an actual killbot" is decorum, Pintsize.
    This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we dont give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, thats all we wanted to do.

  11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    ...Okay, that's a bit more sudden than I was expecting.

  12. - Top - End - #1092
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fawkes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Seems like a conversation you would have before the clothes come off, but what do I know?


    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

  13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    John Cribati's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    I could have sworn a few pages ago most of us were clamoring for them to get on with it already. Now they're going too fast?

    Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

  14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dancin' away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    We don't know for sure that anything expressly sexual occurred. Naked cuddling without sex is nice too. >.>
    This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we dont give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, thats all we wanted to do.

  15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    I could have sworn a few pages ago most of us were clamoring for them to get on with it already. Now they're going too fast?
    God forbid there be a halfway rate between "we've been letting this not-quite-yet-a-relationship smolder for over a year, let's keep waiting" to "alright, so they're gonna kiss and **** without having the 'share you feelings' moment that is the tension release of every romantic-comedy". Going 120 on the highway isn't any better than going 20.
    Time Paradox WW 2: Let's Do The Time Warp Again!
    Fix the timestream! Work with the Doctor!
    Break the timestream! Cause paradoxes!
    Monetize the timestream! Somehow!

  16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wraith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    I mean, it's pretty consistent behaviour for Faye, isn't it? She is impulsive and prone to rationalising after-the-fact - see also, her first hook-up with Sven and the first time she pounced on Angus.

    "A lady reserves the right to change her mind", indeed.

    I just hope that they next few strips see a warmer, more open discussion between them, rather than the usual angst-filled naval-gazing to which QC characters tend to be prone.

  17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    God forbid there be a halfway rate between "we've been letting this not-quite-yet-a-relationship smolder for over a year, let's keep waiting" to "alright, so they're gonna kiss and **** without having the 'share you feelings' moment that is the tension release of every romantic-comedy". Going 120 on the highway isn't any better than going 20.
    They're having that moment. It is far from unrealistic that the moment follow a period of physical passion, rather than precede it.

  18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    On the tip of my tongue
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    God forbid a relationship have a tipping point from nervous uncertainty to passionate embrace.

  19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    I'm sorry for wanting realistic progression of the romance plotline. You've made it clear my opinion on this matter was wrong.
    Time Paradox WW 2: Let's Do The Time Warp Again!
    Fix the timestream! Work with the Doctor!
    Break the timestream! Cause paradoxes!
    Monetize the timestream! Somehow!

  20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Honest Tiefling's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm sorry for wanting realistic progression of the romance plotline. You've made it clear my opinion on this matter was wrong.
    I personally find two people rolling around in the hay very realistic, just not nuanced or interesting. I am uncertain of the timeline in regards to Faye's own depression, but I do wonder if Bubbles really ever got over her squad. Maybe the idea was that neither was on the best footing and sorta just did it? It would be interesting if these issues were broached, but I doubt they will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

  21. - Top - End - #1101
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Fawkes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    To paraphrase Griffin McElroy, the Bubbles and Faye story did flips the air for months, but it didn't stick the landing.


    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

  22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    I personally find two people rolling around in the hay very realistic, just not nuanced or interesting.
    Yup, I agree. I got zero involvement from this page. I also don't think that the artsy fartsy approach worked.

  23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    aaargh proportions in panel 1 + ugly framing

  24. - Top - End - #1104
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cloudsdale
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    If this forum is any indicator, I don't think that Claire and Tai are accurate representations of our thoughts on Fubbles.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

  25. - Top - End - #1105
    Orc in the Playground
     
    geoduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    If this forum is any indicator, I don't think that Claire and Tai are accurate representations of our thoughts on Fubbles.
    It would be interesting to hear an honest run-down on the feedback he's getting over this storyline. Is everybody really clamoring for "Fubbles Now!"? (I personally find myself fairly indifferent, since he's been telegraphing the lead-up to this in giant neon letters.)

  26. - Top - End - #1106
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    It would be interesting to hear an honest run-down on the feedback he's getting over this storyline. Is everybody really clamoring for "Fubbles Now!"? (I personally find myself fairly indifferent, since he's been telegraphing the lead-up to this in giant neon letters.)
    The QC reddit, at least, seems to be that way, yeah.

  27. - Top - End - #1107
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wraith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Twitter is roughly half and half between that and the genuinely bizarre homophobes who keep threatening to never read the comic again. Waah.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm sorry for wanting realistic progression of the romance plotline. You've made it clear my opinion on this matter was wrong.
    I'm genuinely curious as to how you would define "realistic" with regards with a PTSD-suffering, 7 foot tall, red skinned, AI, lesbian murderbot?

  28. - Top - End - #1108
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Twitter is roughly half and half between that and the genuinely bizarre homophobes who keep threatening to never read the comic again. Waah.



    I'm genuinely curious as to how you would define "realistic" with regards with a PTSD-suffering, 7 foot tall, red skinned, AI, lesbian murderbot?
    ... What kind of homophobe would have read qc up to this point but decide now is too much? Strange people.

    Also, I'm not going to say I consider the development unrealistic but of course some people might have expected another way for this to resolve. Different ideas of romance and all.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wraith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ... What kind of homophobe would have read qc up to this point but decide now is too much? Strange people.
    The sort who feel the need to DM Jeph and tell him about it at extreme length, apparently. A subset of the kind of person who tries to "win" an argument with a shop manager by angrily declaring that they will never return, probably hoping to be bribed or begged to reconsider.

    It's fine. The funniest ones get posted and then (usually) vivisected by Randy "Something*Positive" Millholland, so we all get a good laugh out of it.

  30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

    Lets see, if they are still here after we learn tai is polyamorous, after dora and tai hooked up, after marten got involved with a trans woman, and of course martens dad marrying dad two, then somehow I cant bring myself to take them seriously with their threats of leaving over a robolesbian relationship.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •