New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

I could see some amusement in Marigold enlisting Elliott's help to make Dale jealous.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Shouldn't Marigold have been more concerned about Hannelore leaving considering that they're best friends? Seems like she wasn't in the loop about Hanners getting unceremoniously ejected from the storyline on a whim.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Shouldn't Marigold have been more concerned about Hannelore leaving considering that they're best friends? Seems like she wasn't in the loop about Hanners getting unceremoniously ejected from the storyline on a whim.
    Eh, she was probably told it offscreen. She doesn't seem surprised at all by Dale mentioning it in the first panel.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Is she really worried for "no reason"?
    Clarification: no Legitimate External Reason. Her insecurities are her own problems, not Dale's behavior.

5. - Top - End - #305

Oh no interesting things with interesting characters are happening! Quickly, we must do another Marigold is insecure arc!
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Oh no interesting things with interesting characters are happening! Quickly, we must do another Marigold is insecure arc!
    /head desk Oh well
    What interesting things were happening? Bubbles and faye are stuck in the same stasis they have been. Faye JUST dismissed the first sign of light for resolving that issue and went back to sleep. Aside from that there is nothing of interest happening at all even potentially.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh.

I guess when your comic is founded on relationship drama, sometimes you have to just gin some up out of the blue to keep things going.

See also, why characters in happy relationships appearing less often in the comic, why Dora and Martin broke up, why Angus moved to NYC, etc.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    Ugh.

I guess when your comic is founded on relationship drama, sometimes you have to just gin some up out of the blue to keep things going.

See also, why characters in happy relationships appearing less often in the comic, why Dora and Martin broke up, why Angus moved to NYC, etc.
    I dunno man.. At least for me, some of the best panels (arcs even) weren't based on relationship drama. Just people and their everyday lives and author making fun of everyday things...

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dukkai View Post
    I dunno man.. At least for me, some of the best panels (arcs even) weren't based on relationship drama. Just people and their everyday lives and author making fun of everyday things...
    I agree, but I think "relationship drama" thing is what's going on over on the "writer's" side of the screen.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    Ugh.

There are more characters in happy relationships now than there ever have been. OK, sure, that's partly just because there are more characters in total now, but for years there weren't any characters in happy romantic relationships.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    There are more characters in happy relationships now than there ever have been. OK, sure, that's partly just because there are more characters in total now, but for years there weren't any characters in happy romantic relationships.
    But how often do they appear in the comic?

We've seen little of Dale and Marigold for quite a while... and now that they're appearing, there's "drama" in their relationship.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Oooohhh, that's bad.

Dale, get some advice. QUICK!!

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair I'd probably make the same mistake.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Alas poor Dale. Honesty is good. So is tact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Does she want you to Fight for her with a big apology or does she want you to let her cool off and discuss it later? Who can say? She won't tell you! She wants you to figure it out for yourself. Otherwise it doesn't mean as much. Communication is unromantic!

The truth is she doesn't know herself what she wants him to do. And either way he's wrong. If he lets her cool off, she'll stew over her own anger, missenterpretation, and insecurites and get twice as angry. If you chase after her she'll shout you down to back off.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

I'm by far not an expert - okay, I'm actually worse than Dale usually - but even I know that even when being honest choice of words matters.
    Also... I guess we're in for a downer arc...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Does she want you to Fight for her with a big apology or does she want you to let her cool off and discuss it later? Who can say? She won't tell you! She wants you to figure it out for yourself. Otherwise it doesn't mean as much. Communication is unromantic!

The truth is she doesn't know herself what she wants him to do. And either way he's wrong. If he lets her cool off, she'll stew over her own anger, missenterpretation, and insecurites and get twice as angry. If you chase after her she'll shout you down to back off.
    In this case though she has Momo at home, who'll probably beat some sense into her (well not literally I hope). So there might be hope.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    In this case though she has Momo at home, who'll probably beat some sense into her (well not literally I hope). So there might be hope.
    And Dale has May at home, who MAY literally beat some sense into him. So there is hope, if the two AIs can make the stupid humans show some intelligence, artificial or otherwise.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    And Dale has May at home, who MAY literally beat some sense into him. So there is hope, if the two AIs can make the stupid humans show some intelligence, artificial or otherwise.
    "You goober! All you had to say honestly was something like, "Meh, im not interested and neither is she, im with you and im happy."

Yeah that likely wouldnt have solved her insecurities, but it sure would have been better than "Yeah she is totally hotter smarter and funnier than you but I still like you more. No, really."
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

20. - Top - End - #320

That's funny, May has been a mentor figure all along. Very much like Momo.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

21. - Top - End - #321

Yeah work on your diplomacy skill. Though for most people there are people who are at the same time better looking (though that isn't the same as your SO being more attracted to them), smarter and funnier. (Even if the same obviously goes for the significant others of most people since they fall under most people themselves.) Your SO might not currently be in contact with one of those people but that is a flimsy basis for being secure in your relationship. And if there is one near I believe it isn't ultimately the best way to deal with your partnet seeing anyone in some way "better" than them as a threat by telling them that no there are no such people. Of course many diplomatic answers don't deny it and instead just avoid addressing it but I still feel avoiding the truth is detrimental to personal growth. The problem isn't that such people exist but how you deal with their existence (or with the fact that one day your partner might care more about someone other than you). Of course while you are dealing with jealousy might not be the best time for having to deal with those truths since it might not make you inclined to introspection. So diplomacy.
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2018-02-19 at 10:37 AM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

I do have to give Dale credit--he did recognize that Marigold was jealous of Emily, which a lot of guys wouldn't have done.

Unfortunately, having diagnosed the situation correctly, he then totally failed in how he addressed the issue.

23. - Top - End - #323

Griffon

I'm honestly looking forward to May's advice on the situation. She's fun, refreshingly direct.... And to be frank, the last time she intervened it was a glorious success.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Nicely predicted.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

25. - Top - End - #325

I like Dale's reply here.

You and I bud.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

And May continues to make stale relationship drama somewhat more tolerable!
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    And May continues to make stale relationship drama somewhat more tolerable!
    Hooray for may!
    So now Momo needs to chew out Marbear and then the two have make up sex and we can get over this.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

May being the adult in the room and the voice of reason, is a new experience too, right? :)

But she's right, they've both been idiots. That won't help Dale climb out of the hole he dug though.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

May will probably be his Best Man.

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Nicely predicted.
    She hasn't started using her fists yet. But the conversation isn't over.

I wonder how Momo is handling her end of this. Maybe she's at work at the Library and unavailable to give Marigold the support, attention, and dope slaps she needs.

30. - Top - End - #330

I dont see why people whine about Relationship Drama before seeing how it plays out.

The entertainment derived by a work is never whats its about. Its always HOW its about it. You can have the most original premise in the world and blow it, or you can have the most played premise and make a true original masterpiece.

In that case, we get to see May berate Dale for his relationship clumsiness. I say its pretty fun.