New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

[New Recruit - Malee]

Emily (Who can be better described with this image than with words) hangs back a bit - Malee is the one here to register, while she isn't. So as not to give the receptionist the wrong idea, she hangs back near the door.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

[New Recruit - Malee]

There's an assortment of mercenaries in the lobby as usual. Today it appears that the door duty has fallen to a group of Vorcha.

"Yes, yes," says the one that looks to be in charge. "Getting a license is simple. Then you can find jobs from our board and look for your own. Licensees don't get a place to stay, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Rilla's Lab]

"I'll forward him the map data," Rilla responds, typing at a few holographic keys, "It looks like skyside is your destination of choice for whatever mission you're going on."
    [Rilla's Lab]

"I hope it is him." Fade replies and keeps staring at the points around riverside. After a few silent moments he turns around making a few steps. Then he suddendlöy stops and looks around. He notice a few device he saw somewhere else befor and many things he can't imagine what they are.

"You are building stuff down here right? May I ask what are you working on currently." Fade says and also eyes the assistant she got down here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

[Job Board]

Dipsnig will receive the information from Fade and post the job on the board. It's to follow Rilla's tracker to Skyside and look for signs of Fade's creator there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ettin in the Playground

MERC Kitchens

A spider - much smaller than last time - pops up in the MERC kitchens while Sam is preparing dinner and waves a pen at him.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Kitchens

Sam's eye is caught by the colorful pen, which also thankfully prevents him from screaming about there being a small fuzzy creature in the kitchens.
    "Hello little one. Here from the Boss Lady again today?" he says with a smile to the diminutive messenger.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

MERC Kitchens

The spider hands a letter over to Sam. The inside reads:

Hello. I hope the plans are going well; I was wondering if you had any ideas for the menu? The party will be outdoors but there will be plenty of seating.

- Lady Arachne

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Kitchens

Sam smiles and takes a list from out of his pocket.
    "I've had a couple of ideas. Take it, come back with what's approved or not if you'd like. Or check it yourself." Sam doesn't know if the spider does that. It's 'talking' to him so he's not ruling anything out.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

MERC Kitchens

The spider waves the pen in a friendly gesture, then briefly places a small piece of paper with a black swirl on it down on an empty, clean counter. It waves Sam away in a warning gesture and then scurries off.

A few minutes later, a package wrapped in brown paper appears on top of the black swirl, with an envelope on top. Inside is a roughly knee-length tunic in a subtle black stripe pattern, a pair of fitted pants, and some fairly sturdy black hobnail boots. The letter in the envelope reads:

Uniform is enclosed. Ingredient orders have been placed; please indicate on letter below if any additional ingredients are needed.

- Lady Arachne

The letter ends with a smaller black swirl below a blank space.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Kitchens

Sam shakes his head and takes the uniform.
    "I'm good, thanks. I'll call if I think of anything else I need."

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

Merc Front Desk

A large fuzzy brown spider scurries up behind Electra at the MERC front desk, and taps loudly on the desk to attract her attention.

12. - Top - End - #912

NinjaGuy

Merc Front Desk

Electra looks over to the spider as it taps, and raises an eyebrow, then smiles.

"Well, hello, there. Here to deliver a message from Lady Arachne?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ettin in the Playground

MERC Front Desk

The spider sort of waves Electra to stand back, then places a black spiral on the counter and steps back. Several small boxes, all tied together with twine, appear. If Electra opens any, she'll see they contain small spiders sculpted out of obsidian and wire, which she may be able to identify as some form of transmitter.

There's an attached letter as well, which reads:

The attached spiders will identify you to the local security features, as well as allow discreet communication among yourselves. Please ensure all security personnel are wearing one. They do not need to be visible or uncovered.

- Lady Arachne

14. - Top - End - #914

NinjaGuy

MERC Front Desk

Electra does indeed open one of the boxes. She examines the transmitter a bit more closely, before nodding at the spider.

"We'll make sure everyone gets one before they show up. I did have a couple of questions, though. Might I be able to arrive a bit earlier than expected, so I can familiarize myself with the location's layout? Also, how elaborate are the costumes we'll need to be in? How much time should it take for us to get into them?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

15. - Top - End - #915
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [New Recruit - Malee]

Emily (Who can be better described with this image than with words) hangs back a bit - Malee is the one here to register, while she isn't. So as not to give the receptionist the wrong idea, she hangs back near the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    There's an assortment of mercenaries in the lobby as usual. Today it appears that the door duty has fallen to a group of Vorcha.

"Yes, yes," says the one that looks to be in charge. "Getting a license is simple. Then you can find jobs from our board and look for your own. Licensees don't get a place to stay, though."
    [New Recruit - Malee]

Malee's a bit disappointed by that, but doesn't lose steam! "Okay, then how can Malee get the license, what's the process?" She asks, looking down at the smaller creature.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ettin in the Playground

MERC Front Desk

The spider writes a note back:

Arriving early is fine. Costumes should be fairly easy to get into - anyone who has armor may bring it as well. They're designed to not get in the way.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

[New Recruit - Malee]

"We'll just be needing your name and a way to contact you," the Vorcha says. "Write 'em down on here." He hands her a short form.

18. - Top - End - #918

NinjaGuy

MERC Front Desk

Electra nods with a smile.

"Very well, then! Unless there's anything else Lady Arachne needs from us, we'll be sure to be there before things get under way."

19. - Top - End - #919

[Front Door Arrival]

A purple-haired catgirl arrives in MERC's actual base. "Hellooooooo," she calls out. "I know it's been a while, but I'm still welcome here, right?"

She hasn't been here since....well....way back when MERC used to be NO.

Marin, the catgirl, is wearing an orange turtleneck and a grey skirt.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #920

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Front Door Arrival]

A purple-haired catgirl arrives in MERC's actual base. "Hellooooooo," she calls out. "I know it's been a while, but I'm still welcome here, right?"

She hasn't been here since....well....way back when MERC used to be NO.

Marin, the catgirl, is wearing an orange turtleneck and a grey skirt.
    [Front Door Arrival]

A man wearing several layers of rags, Jeans and a scarf around his mouth will approch the woman after none seemed to be there.

"Hello." Fade says. "I'm not sure what you mean. Are you from AMEN or maybe Skyside?" Directly asking since I think they never met before.

21. - Top - End - #921

[Front Door Arrival]

"Um. What?" Marin says, before quickly explaining her confusion. "AMEN? Aren't they, like, evil? I don't look evil, do I?"

Oh! Maybe she has something to show that could help explain. She's looking for an old NO ID, searching through her purse. "I've been living in Riverside, actually," she says to fill in the time as she looks for the ID. "I was...let's see...This organization used to be known as NO, right?" Ah! Here it is! She pulls out the ancient ID. "Marin, resident catgirl of NO."

"Sorry, I've been busy with work so I haven't been able to keep up on all the news. Do I need to reapply for membership or something, or am I grandfathered in? Either way, I'm sure there's probably some paperwork I'll have to take care of...is any of this making sense to you?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #922

[Front Door Arrival]

Fade's first thinking was that she might be a former villian and not be welcome. He didn't thought there could be NO members coming back.

When she offers the card he looks at it and heads for a computer. He slowly puts in the number to get the informations they got about her. assuming there are some data about her that tell a simular story Fade replies.

"Your case isn't common" he says stressless. His whole speech appears like he is a computer lacking the ability to give any emotions to his words. Sometimes that makes it harder to understand. "If you want membership again, I suggest to talk with a high rank member. I can call one if needed. Otherwise you could become a licenced member. It still offers you something like an account in Trogs for example. "

23. - Top - End - #923

[Front Door Arrival]

There is, in fact, some data. Not a ton, because her player ended up leaving some number of months after she joined, but now she's back. But, here was her application: here.

Marin nods.

She considers her options...on the one hand she doesn't want to become too busy because it would interfere with her work. On the other hand, she does need to get out and socialize with people who aren't robots. Actually, that's a pretty easy decision: "Okay. I'm sure they're busy, but as soon as one becomes available, go ahead and call them."

In the meantime, she decides that standing is not necessary, so she moves farther into the room to sit on one of their chairs.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-07-09 at 10:24 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #924

[Front Door Arrival]

Fade picks up the phone calling for ANYONE in charge to do the futher process. He will tell them about her be an old NO member who wants to rejoin as a full MERC member. If they ask for the related papers it will need quiet some time until Fade managed to get the informations send or maybe even printed. It should be rather obviouse to anyone that he didn't grew up with PC or any sort of higher technologie.

"Why did you mention on that form you steal only from rich and unwise people?"

25. - Top - End - #925

[Front Door Arrival]

"Hm?" Wait, did she really write that? she wonders. That does sound super tacky.

"Oh! Well, that's because what I did back then," she says. Marin tries explaining why she was that way. "It was easier to steal from them, and that was kind-of my thing, y'know? Kind-of fancied myself as a catburgler. Plus, those kinds of people don't notice when their stuff is missing until it's too late. Besides, I didn't have a ton of marketable skills back then, due to..."

The catgirl pauses and thinks about what she's going to say next. "...due to reasons." Nailed it. That's a great explanation.

She stretches and shifts her position on the chair so she's now sitting sideways on it. "But now? I'm pretty decent at robotics. Definitely going to put that on my résumé from now on. Experience? NO employee, approx eleven years ago to ten years ago. Repairwoman, Mechanic, and Customer Service Lady, seven years ago to present." In the air, she makes a checkmark shape as if checking off each of the things she lists off. "Other skills? Pretty dang good at robotics and androids."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-07-12 at 11:41 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #926

[Front Door Arrival]

"Catburgler?" Fade repeats.
    "I think I heared that name before. It's a bit ago and seemed quiet famouse. Still I never knew what that person did to achive such attention."
    Fade seems to have no emotions about her sitting style, either he is the don't care type or the I have no emotions to show type.
    "Those fields od knowledge aren't my turf. I never got the sense in making something that is stronger then yourself. Thought I got a shild belt that needs fixing. Would that be something iyou can do?"

27. - Top - End - #927

[Front Door Arrival]

"Yeah, a catburglar is someone who's pretty good at entering buildings from upper floors." That's a simple enough explanation, right?

Marin shifts so that she's sitting up straighter, so that she can see just in case he has the shield belt with him. "Yes, with the right tools, I could," she says. "Never done one of those before but it sounds easy enough. What's it made out of?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #928

[Front Door Arrival]

Fade was just about to answer when he got a call. He doesn't say much on the call. He just leaves short answers like "Yes" "Aha" and "No". When he is done he starts working on the papers again.

"It appears they remember you or at least one does." he says. "So there won't be much to do. i just have to activate your account."

it needs quiet a while befor the printer gives out some papers. mostly informations like the discount in Trogs and other places, the typical jobs like watching Trogs and some other mundane informations.

"The job board is over there and there is even one active job, you might see if it fits your skills."

A moment of lsilence follows where people normaly celebrate a new member. Fade doesn't seem to be the party type at all. After a while he grabs into the ground drawing what appears to be a very normal looking belt with a big belt buckle. He holds it up to her since he is not sure what she means.

"Metal and leather." he answers drily.

29. - Top - End - #929

[Main Room]

"I'll check out the job board," she promises - probably going to do it after fixing the belt.

She stands up and goes over to be given the papers and other information stuffs that he's printing, and to wait for all the other things he has to do.

The catgirl looks at it. "No, uh...I meant, like, what kind of metal it is and how the leather was treated. Metals can have a lot of different properties depending on the exact alloy and how it was prepared and how it was treated and what was used to make it, and..." She realizes that he probably doesn't care about that. "...so, anyway, if you don't know then it probably doesn't matter to you and I could probably figure it out based on looking at it closely."

"I assume the labs are still through the hospital? That's where they were before..." Marin trails off, trying to decide where she was going with this sentence. "Give it to me, and I'll get on repairing it and fixing it right away.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #930

[Oddball Attempting to be Recruited - Flake]

Though it takes him far longer than it reasonably should, Flake is eventually able to reach the front doorknob and enter the MERC office. "Hello there!" The snowman addresses the front desk, or whoever seems to be in charge of the paperwork.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]