The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
Results 991 to 1,009 of 1009
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

[Job Board]

"I am. It's a bit of a walk, so it's best if we leave promptly..."

With that, Fayyaad will lead Alaine out of the base and towards their goal.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[A New Recruit]

Electra and Cantata arrive in a blue beam of light, just outside of MERC's gate. The former leads the latter quickly inside, and gestures to one of the chairs in front of the fireplace, before signing to her.

Take a seat, and get warmed back up. I'll be right back with the forms. She bustles off for a moment, and comes back with a form and a pen. It's pretty standard, just asking for name, address, and contact info. Go ahead and fill that out, and we'll get you started.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

3. - Top - End - #993

[A New Recruit]

Cantata nods in understanding, slipping into the offered spot and crossing a leg as she waits for the woman to return. Thanks, she signs appreciatively, grasping the clipboard and propping it up before jotting down the needed information with prompt and fluid motions. There's a degree of refinement and poise to her writing, almost as if the empath had spent a long time perfecting her penmanship - or simply had a strict tutor, both may seem quite possible.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

4. - Top - End - #994

NinjaGuy

[A New Recruit]

Electra notes Cantata's neat handwriting, but then puts on a faraway look while Cantata finishes filling out the form. She seems to be looking past Cantata at something on the wall, but she doesn't blink for a few moments, which is probably a little odd. Once the new recruit is finished, she'll blink, before seeming to focus on Cantata again, and signing to her.

Nothing too difficult, I trust?
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

[Occult Consultations]

Cass returns to the base, looking a bit tired and haunted. Glancing around furtively, she quickly hurries over to Astrana's office, knocking on the door as she gets there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #996

[Occult Consultations]

The tiefling opens up the door a couple of moments after Cass knocks. She's as usual dressed in her black skirt suit and greets the elf with a smile. "Rough day, Cassandra? What can I do to make it better?"

[Mountain Ritual]

Natharia will after following her mother for a couple of hours finally reach the well that Shanti had been reminding her they were getting closer to every so often whenever she complained it was cold. The temperature has getting increasingly higher as they've come closer to the well however. Now it almost feels like early fall. Not warm by any means but far more bareable than the chilling wings they've been dealing with as they've ascended the mountain.

"I told you, sweetie. Then once we're done we can seek shelter in MERC and they can take us down the mountain in one of their vehicles. All you need to do now is climb up those steps and stand in the middle of the well. I'll take care of the rest. Just be careful, the steps might be slippery."

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mountain Ritual]

"This toque sucks." Natharia complains, pulling it more firmly onto her head for the millionth time! It turns out that the small movements of her snakes tend to work it up her head where it doesn't do too much.

She huffs and does as her mom says. She walks up the steps and looks at the water. Or 'water' seeing as it's not frozen up here. Weird. Without hesitating any more, she steps in and wades over to the middle. "Now what?"

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

[Occult Consultations]

Cass' mouth hangs open for a moment, caught off guard by the directness of Astrana's observation.

Oh, there's *so* many directions you could take a question like that, says a deep, sultry voice in her head.

That's *not* what we're here for.

Is it not? My my, your thoughts are running in all sorts of directions, it's so hard to keep track. Ooooh, *there's* an interesting one.

Can we... not right now.

It's *your* idea, not mine.

I don't even know if she-

Maybe best to keep your mind on the matter at hand, Magpie.

Cass snaps her mouth shut, refocusing on Astrana as a slight flush creeps up her cheeks as she tries not to dwell on any certain... idle musings.

"More than a few," she says, sounding tense. "I just wanted to talk about some things. Magic things. If you have the time."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-12-06 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #999

[Occult Consultations]

Astrana keeps smiling back in return, acting as if she doesn't even notice Cass's awkwardness. "Of course, come on in. It's been a pretty slow day for me." The tiefling turns, gesturing for Cass to follow and will close the door behind her with her tail once the sorceress is inside.
    The office would look fairly standard, as far as anything can be 'standard' for a MERC office, if not for all the peculiar items such as animal skulls that are hanging on the walls. Some encased in a rather thick layer of glass.
    "Either I spend all the day performing rituals and search for means to do so, or I essentially do nothing at all." She sits down behind her desk and leans back. "So I'm eager to help right now, honestly. Ask me anything, I'm at your disposal." She makes a gesture at a chair standing in front of her desk for Cass to sit down in.

[Mountain Ritual]

"You picked it out yourself, sweetie." Shanti reminds her. "I guess you'll have to get a new one once we're done here. This won't be the only place that's cold."

She pauses as she watches her daughter wade out into the moon well. "Now you just need to wait as I need to put myself in a medative state. It won't take that long." She meets Natharia's gaze. "But I won't be able to focus if you talk to me so just try to relax for a bit will you?" Her mother sits down and crosses her legs together.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-12-06 at 10:13 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mountain Ritual]

"Fine." Natharia huffs and seals her lips closed. She feels bored almost immediately. So she busies herself by trying to take an interest in the local terrain. Mostly she just feels cold, though.

11. - Top - End - #1001

[A New Recruit]

Cantata regards the woman with a curious look as she focuses elsewhere. It’s a look she’s not entirely unfamiliar with; dealing with surveillance and espionage meant plenty of augmented eyes. But she wasn’t taking a picture, was she? Maybe reading something from a personal HUD?

When you live like this, scribing quickly becomes your specialty.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Sam]

Raril approaches the front door of MERC, and knocks. He's dressed for adventure today, in greys and blacks, loaded to bear with various blades and a large crossbow on his back. His expression is neutral, if a little concerned. He looks up at the sun, checking the time of day. He hoped he could find Sam soon.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Sam]

The door is opened promptly by a brown minotaur in a white buttoned shirt. He holds the door open for Raril.
    "Afternoon. How can we help you?" he says professionally, moving off to the side to Raril can enter past his bulky frame.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Sam]

"Thank you." Raril says when the minotaur opens the door. "I'm Raril Xar'Cha." He might recognize the name because the drow owned the Black Dragon's Den, where Dipsnig had made a deal for MERC members to get discounts ages back.

Raril steps inside and explains his quest. "I'm looking for a fellow named Sam. He's...well he's hard to describe. Big guy, four arms. Really likes cooking. I've been told he works here."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Sam]

Krayger raises an eyebrow.
    "You want our cook? Sure, I'll page him." He moves to do so, and minutes later Sam arrives on the scene, dressed in the same style of pants-and-vest that Raril might remember he wore in a much warmer time of the year.
    "Hi again, Raril. You look...ready for business." Sam says, frowning.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Sam]

Raril grins at Sam. "We've got the Nexus to save, remember? I need your help to find the Heart and heal it, before we lose to much of the Nexus to the Empyreans and Fae."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Sam]

Sam gulps.
    ”Right. Our first try kind of...fizzled. Give me just a minute...” Sam wanders off, only to return some time later wearing a somewhat durable leather jacket dyed in cool colors (still nothing under it) and hardier pants, with his sawed-off shotgun in a holster strapped to his thigh and Steve the Sword stuck in his jacket. And two belts, for some reason.
    ”Um, so do you have leads this time?” he asks hesitantly.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Sam]

Raril waits patiently for Sam to return. "Well, Magtok seemed to think it was in Sneak's Milk Bar. You said you know the restaurants Inside, do you think you can find it? I've never been to it myself, it was before my time. I think that's the best lead we've got, unless we try to find the original Arena."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sam, Seeking]

Sam looks unsure. But this is all far too important for him to give up on it just because it’s unlikely.
    ”I’m not sure if it’s still in business. But I know some places that would know. I’ll see what I can sniff out.”
    And then off they go.
    Who knows if they’ll make it to the destination any easier than last time.