New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

[Returning from mission]

Electra frowns as she consider's Dena's position on this, and nods, though Dena probably can't see it.

"Honestly, I need to get some rest before we go there, but you're right, it isn't something they can exactly lay claim to. I could swing by tomorrow and we could go then, if that works for you, Astrana."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Kitty Quarters]

Krayger looks down at herself, her busted pants which strain as she tries to pace the room, her pale coat and her...chest. She looks over at Xun, already preparing to give the spell another shot, and potentially even worse. What if it makes her act like Rassa did on the farm? Or worse, give her one of Rassa's other forms, like the pretty skinny human? Krayger paces uneasily as Eswil and Xun deliberate her fate.
    "Uh, well, how about you give your research some time, make sure everything's in order and safe. And when you're sure it'll all go well and I won't end up with any more new organs or bodies or such I'll uh...we'll talk then thanksbye." Krayger stammers, grabbing Eswil gently by the waist and carrying her off a few doors down to Krayger's own room.

The inside is meticulously well-kept and clean, full of well-organized documents, maintained weapons and armor, and an array of books and scrolls and weights for lifting. It smells a bit like Krayger, but he's had to keep the window shut in the cold.
    Eswil is put down gracefully, and Krayger leans against the closed door in obvious exasperation, letting the ill-fitting pants fall off. She looks towards the open closet, scanning for something that might fit.
    "I'm sorry this is all just too much."
    Kray's Quarters

Eswill bounces on the pads of her feet as she's set down with a huff, "You're telling me! But don't get side-tracked, miss-ter. Those were love runes? Like, forcing you to love someone? Because that's sick." Eswill wants answers, damnit! Like how does Krayger know this now when she didn't before?

"And if there is a fey still peering at you from somewhere, why didn't you want me to try to help? I could at least try to keep eyes off you while Xun does her thing with research." The gobbun flicks an ear irritably out of her face and shifts from foot to foot, still bouncing slightly. She's cheesed off at the thought that someone would just casually mess with a person's mind like that, even moreso than the sudden change in body that Krayger seems to be more concerned with.

While Krayger's getting naked, Eswill focuses. Slowly, so slowly as to be imperceptible, the minotaur's form blurs at the edges. Not a lot, but just enough that any nudity is acceptably censored and she somewhat blends in with her surroundings. It's the lowest possible setting on an old gobbun scouting spell, but it's handy in a pinch for when you're darting to your room from the bathroom because you live in a complex full of other gobs and SOMEONE took all the towels off the back of the door for laundry while you were still in the shower. It's not much, but it gets the modesty job done.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kray's Quarters]

"Oh come on Eswil, you didn't think I was normally so loose that I'd be flirting with people while I literally had a girl on my arm? Or that I'd be babbling like a kid over someone I liked? I'm a grown m-...adult. So yes, they were making me act irrationally. My mind's clear now, at the very least." she says, going over to her closet and comparing her pants to her new hips. None of them seem like they'll work.
    "It's not that I don't want you to help, it's that I'm afraid Xun will make another attempt without proper preparation. Rassa- -she makes that gesture again- is powerful enough to alter my mind on a whim and make me wear the stupid milkmaid shape she wore for a while from not even being there. How do you know you can override her? What if we try and she decides she'd like me as one of the actual cows for her little fake farm?" she asks.
    "That's you, right?" she asks, flustered at her half-vanishing body.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #184

[Kray's Quarters]

"Oh come on Eswil, you didn't think I was normally so loose that I'd be flirting with people while I literally had a girl on my arm? Or that I'd be babbling like a kid over someone I liked? I'm a grown m-...adult. So yes, they were making me act irrationally. My mind's clear now, at the very least." she says, going over to her closet and comparing her pants to her new hips. None of them seem like they'll work.
    "It's not that I don't want you to help, it's that I'm afraid Xun will make another attempt without proper preparation. Rassa- -she makes that gesture again- is powerful enough to alter my mind on a whim and make me wear the stupid milkmaid shape she wore for a while from not even being there. How do you know you can override her? What if we try and she decides she'd like me as one of the actual cows for her little fake farm?" she asks.
    "That's you, right?" she asks, flustered at her half-vanishing body.
    Kray's Quarters

Eswill nods at the question, "Thought you'd feel better if you didn't have to deal with the look so much while you're getting dressed. Speaking of, got any scraps or loose fabric? I could help, a bit." As with most mothering professions, Eswill has learned a lot of the peripherals that go along with shamanism. Oftentimes that meant caring for someone when they're sick, or making nutritious meals since cooking and potionry were often done in the same pot to save on stove-space. But in this case, the same skills that were useful in stitching up industrial accidents enough to let healing magic work the rest of the way would do for some emergency clothing alterations, enough to get the pair back to a store where something really cheap but nominally fitting can be grabbed for Krayger's new, temporary shape.

"And as for your first questions, I don't know! We're new to you bigguns and you're new to us, so I was sent out to scout out the mall and gauge reactions. I kind of knew the runes might have messed with your head, but you certainly didn't seem to know what was wrong until it got dispelled either." Eswill huffs, "I've met folk more shameless than you were acting, anyway."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kray's Quarters]

Krayger tosses Eswil a switchblade from a desk and gestures at the discarded pants.
    "Well, yeah, I wasn't going to tell you and make things awkward when I had runes making head spin and making me all irrational. But...um," she looks around before taking a moment to wrap Eswil in a bear hug. It's a little hard given their size difference.
    "Thanks for sticking with me. If I didn't have you around right now I think I'd be going even crazier. Would you mind if I borrow you for a little while longer? We can stop by your burrow if we have to, but..."
    "But I really don't want to leave it with just me and having to explain this to people."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

[Returning from mission]

"I'll follow up after your done then." Kirk says with some finality. "Come see me when you get back here, Dena." And unless anyone needs more from him, he will depart a moment later (and catch up with a certain Skyside scene).

7. - Top - End - #187

[Kray's Quarters]

Krayger tosses Eswil a switchblade from a desk and gestures at the discarded pants.
    "Well, yeah, I wasn't going to tell you and make things awkward when I had runes making head spin and making me all irrational. But...um," she looks around before taking a moment to wrap Eswil in a bear hug. It's a little hard given their size difference.
    "Thanks for sticking with me. If I didn't have you around right now I think I'd be going even crazier. Would you mind if I borrow you for a little while longer? We can stop by your burrow if we have to, but..."
    "But I really don't want to leave it with just me and having to explain this to people."
    Kray's Quarters

Eswill snatches the knife out of the air, but has to fiddle with it for a moment to get it open. Then she's cutting the pants up their sides, carefully popping seams from the hips down about a foot or so while eyeballing Krayger's legs speculatively, "All you'll need for these now is a wide belt or a length of string or rope. If you've got the latter, I can work these and have you something that fits well enough to go out in. And if you need something for up top I can make due with a bedsheet and a bit of time." Eswill begins with whatever materials are to hand. If twine is available, she'll poke some holes through the two halves of the fabric she's cut apart and thread the twine through it in a criss-crossing X pattern. Krayger can wear them again despite the pronounced girly hips she's been afflicted with, and so long as no heavy bending and stretching is done they'll serve while exposing the minimum of bare flesh over each hip. Given a bit of prettying up, the rush job might even look a bit fashionable, but for now it's just meant to cover all the important parts.

The bedsheet, if provided, will be cut into a wide strip that's then trimmed and, if Krayger will hold still for Eswill, will be slung over and around her body to make a wrap/tank top that equally does a job of covering the minotauress without looking terrible while doing so, "If you want your stomach covered up, you could throw on a jacket or a vest and do it up halfway, but it'd look tacky."

8. - Top - End - #188

NinjaGuy

[Returning from mission]

Electra nods at Kirk as he leaves.

"We'll keep you posted."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kray's Quarters]

Krayger has some rope lying around, though she's never put much thought into using it for fashion. Still, she trusts Eswil's tastes. And is more than happy that the gobbun has been focusing on practical matters and not commenting on things like Krayger admitting the source of the shape and its occupation despite the many comments that could be gleaned from it.

For her top though, she does manage to dig up a fine-looking black hoodie from the closet. It's clearly fitted for her old self, but inexplicably fits her perfectly upon donning it, though it's a little loose. It's certainly not supportive but it'll cover her.
    "So uh, I guess that's that? I'm not really sure what to do at this point." she admits.

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Returning from mission]

"I'll follow up after your done then." Kirk says with some finality. "Come see me when you get back here, Dena." And unless anyone needs more from him, he will depart a moment later (and catch up with a certain Skyside scene).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Returning from mission]

Electra frowns as she consider's Dena's position on this, and nods, though Dena probably can't see it.

"Honestly, I need to get some rest before we go there, but you're right, it isn't something they can exactly lay claim to. I could swing by tomorrow and we could go then, if that works for you, Astrana."
    [Returning from mission]

"It's my job to be available, just contact me any time you need help and I'll be there unless something comes up." Astrana says with a nod.
    "Just tell me what you find out. Be seeing you." Dena says before hanging up.

11. - Top - End - #191

[Kray's Quarters]

Krayger has some rope lying around, though she's never put much thought into using it for fashion. Still, she trusts Eswil's tastes. And is more than happy that the gobbun has been focusing on practical matters and not commenting on things like Krayger admitting the source of the shape and its occupation despite the many comments that could be gleaned from it.

For her top though, she does manage to dig up a fine-looking black hoodie from the closet. It's clearly fitted for her old self, but inexplicably fits her perfectly upon donning it, though it's a little loose. It's certainly not supportive but it'll cover her.
    "So uh, I guess that's that? I'm not really sure what to do at this point." she admits.
    Kray's Quarters

"Not quite yet it's not." Eswill says, and she breathes in deeply, her chest inflating slightly with the effort as her eyes screw shut.

When she breathes out, an almost unnoticeable wisp of something streams out of the corner of her mouth for the briefest of moments. When Krayger looks, there seem to be two of the gobbun shaman overlapping for a moment, and then the double-vision is gone.

"While we're talking for the next little while, only you and I will hear what we're saying. Anyone else will hear what they expect to hear or what I want them to hear, accompanied by the right movements and actions suited to it. But it takes a lot of effort, so I have to stay very, very still." If Krayger unfocuses her eyes and tunes out what Eswill is actually saying, she can see the fake one as well, hearing something about a plan the shaman has that she can't tell Krayger, for fear that any spying fey would know about it. She seems very enthusiastic about it waving her hands about and leaning forward emphatically, while the real gobbun is still as the grave, not even an ear twitching.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kray's Quarters]

Krayger's eyes dart about the room, not sure what to expect really. She wants privacy, but for what?
    "Um. Alright. So what do you want to talk about?" he asks, as she doesn't think the double is saying what Eswil really wants to say. She thinks.
    This is very confusing. Magic.

13. - Top - End - #193

[Kray's Quarters]

Krayger's eyes dart about the room, not sure what to expect really. She wants privacy, but for what?
    "Um. Alright. So what do you want to talk about?" he asks, as she doesn't think the double is saying what Eswil really wants to say. She thinks.
    This is very confusing. Magic.
    Kray's Quarters

"Well now that we're not being maybe-watched, you can pick me up and carry me out of here, since I'm not going to be able to move much while maintaining this. Then we can go somewhere to get you properly clothed and we know we won't be followed because no one will know what we're doing. The images of me right now are explaining temperamental gobbun teleportation magic that we could use to vanish from here instantly. Eswill takes another deep breath to steady herself.

"So they'll vanish and the fey can go on a wild dragoose* chase trying to find a pair of people out in the Nexus, while we'll go somewhere normal and close by. We can come back here when Xun has a paw on how to keep evil fey from peeping on you and messing with you for the rest of forever."

Spoiler: Addendum*
    Show
    The Dragoose, to those in the know, is a particularly vile and loathsome hybrid that is independently discovered, alchemized, crossbred, and on several notable occasions naturally occurs. No matter the plane, environs, or climate it is universally and uniquely horrifying, erratically cruel and capricious, and encounters with it never end without casualties among researchers, combatants, and bystanders alike.

Deadlier than a cockatrice, more territorial than a wyrm on her clutch, and filled with more all-consuming hatred than even the most mentally deranged unhybridized goose, this desolation-engine made flesh should be given a wide berth as it cuts its swath of destruction across the countryside. Spitting a form of water-reactive acid that ignites when contacting flesh, rain, sweat, fog, or most fabrics, its stores of this admittedly painful breath weapon are low, and not particularly deadly when compared to the petrifying bite of a cockatrice. Its true power lies in the sheer inventive brutality it brings to bear against all within its sights, often punching its beak straight through the hides of creatures many times its size just to snip a particularly critical artery. In at least one instance, this included hardened steel plate armor which was later torn into shreds for nesting materials while the corpse inside was still cooling. Its wings are similarly enhanced, every scaly feather razor-edged and backed by the force of a wingbeat that has been likened to an industrial shear in terms of force, capable of removing limbs with relative ease.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kray's Quarters]

Krayger frowns, not sure how well this can go, but she admit she has no idea how the fairy's sight works. As instructed she picks up Eswil, placing her squarely on Krayger's shoulders, and carries her off to the shuttles. Eswil feels much heavier than she did before...

15. - Top - End - #195

NinjaGuy

[Front Gate]

A man wearing a karate gi walks calmly up to the front gate and knocks, the brim of his straw hat pulled down low. Although the sorts of technological wonders available in the Nexus are new to him, he's managing well enough. Hopefully, MERC will have the information he needs. With luck, he might even be able to buy what he's looking for from them.

16. - Top - End - #196

[Front Gate]

The speaker near the door suddenly comes to life. *bzt* "How can we help you?" Someone says on the other end.

17. - Top - End - #197

NinjaGuy

[Front Gate]

"I'm looking for something, and was told MERC might be able to point me in the right direction, or possibly supply it, for a price. I'd like to discuss it with someone, if I might." The man glances around for a moment. The cameras catch that his eyes are rather cat-like and he apparently has some tattoos which are just visible around the edges of his clothes. Curiously, he doesn't seem to be bothered by the colder mountain climate, despite his light dress.

18. - Top - End - #198

[Front Gate]

"I see, and what is this item you request, sir?" The voice asks. "MERC have experts that can provide rare items no other company can match thanks to our wide reach. I can match you up with one of them if you give me some more information."

19. - Top - End - #199

NinjaGuy

[Front Gate]

"I'm looking for venom from a gorgon." The man doesn't seem overly concerned about mentioning it out loud, so there must not be a need for discretion in this case. "I was told some of your members have some experience with them."

20. - Top - End - #200

[Front Gate==> Main Room]

There is a brief pause before there is a answer on the other side. "That is correct, sir. I'll let you in so you can wait inside for a member to arrive." And with that, the door suddenly swings open. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Inside, he will find a comfortable coach by the fire to wait in, there are cameras in here too though.

21. - Top - End - #201

NinjaGuy

[Front Gate==> Main Room]

"I think this will be all, for now," The man says, removing his hat as he enters. He seats himself on the couch, apparently paying the cameras no mind, and waits patiently for someone to come.

22. - Top - End - #202

[Main Room]

Eventually, a female tiefling in a business suit will enter the room, holding a cellphone who she hands to the man. "It's our Senior officer, Miss Denurga. I'm sorry you can't meet her in person but she is away." The tiefling explains as she hands it over.

"So who am I talking to?" Comes a voice on the other end, but the man can also hear what sounds like waves in the background. Suggestion that the woman on the other end was near water.

23. - Top - End - #203

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

"No problem, I understand," the man says, taking the phone with a nod to the tiefling. He's still not entirely used to this technology, but he's familiar enough to be able to not be uncomfortable with it. He nods to himself at the question from the other end of the line.

"My name is Corvus the White, Miss Denurga. I trust you've been told what I'm seeking?"

24. - Top - End - #204

[Main Room]

"Yeah, gorgon venom. Must be pretty difficult to acquire considering you are coming here for it. But you didn't ask specifically for me either, so I need to ask, do you understand what you are asking for here, mister White?" Dena asks.

25. - Top - End - #205

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

Corvus chuckles to himself for a moment. He's not used to being called 'Mister' anything, and "Mr. White" sounds entirely too stuffy to him.

"Corvus, if you please, ma'am. I was only told there might be a gorgon here who could provide it, or, barring that, that you folks have had experience with them in the past and could point me in the right direction to acquire some. No names were mentioned." He pauses for a moment, contemplating, before going on. "As far as what it is, I know it's some sort of magic ingredient, and that it's supposed to be fairly difficult to acquire. Beyond that I know little about it; I'm trying to acquire some for my girlfriend. She needs a specific potion, and we were told that one of the ingredients to make it is gorgon venom. I'll do whatever it takes to get some. I can pay for whatever information you can provide if you can't provide it yourself."

26. - Top - End - #206

[Main Room]

So either he didn't know, or he was playing dumb. Dena always assumed that people looked information about MERC before they went here, how else would they know if they got their money's worth?
    But it sounded like he was acting on extremely limited information, hrm. She had certainly had never heard about this guy before.
    "We can provide the venom. However, recently magic has been employed on our members using things closely connected to them such as blood or saliva. Therefore, we have introduced a new policy that require clients to provide insurance that such magic isn't employed through the items we sell if they are provided by members or partners of MERC." She explains.

27. - Top - End - #207

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

"I can certainly understand that. What sort of insurance do I need to provide?" Corvus is fairly certain that won't be an issue. After all, the potion is for Willa, not to do anything to MERC or one of its members.

28. - Top - End - #208

[Main Room]

"Just a contract to make sure neither party deceives the other. Miss Tyamera, the person who gave you the phone, can go through the details with you. I need to know one last thing however, how soon do you need the venom?" Dena asks.

29. - Top - End - #209

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

"Ideally, as soon as possible, but I do need to know what your price for something like this is. I did come prepared to pay a good amount, but if it's more than what I have, I may need a bit of time to get the extra funds together." Corvus admits. Signing the contract doesn't sound like much insurance to him, but if that's all they need, so much the better. He's not out to deceive them, anyways, so it hardly matters to him. "I should also ask if there's anything specific I need to do to store and transport it." He doesn't really know what Libra needs to do with it, either, but if it's in some way perishable, he'll need to take that into account.

30. - Top - End - #210

Main Room

Though Cassidy isn't seen at headquarters all too often anymore, she's arrived in the base, alongside a guest.

She turns to the person following her in. "Now, I don't know if you'll want to join up here, but we can definitely get you a license, at least. People will be more likely to hire you for mercenary work with it."