New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

[Dipsnig's Office]

"Come in, Fade," Dipsnig says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Fade comes in as asked, looking a bit around to see if anyone will be close.

"I got something to discuss, but first of: Is it possible to become a Senior Officer"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

There's only Dipsnig and a sleeping young wolf in the office. The goblin looks surprised by Fade's question.

"It's possible, if I appoint someone. But I'm not looking for more of them. Do you want to be one?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #244

[Dipsnig's Office]

"It would be something to strive for for me." Fade replies.
    "It is a bit complicated. I had a talk with another swordsmanand came to the conclusion that my loner way might not bring me any futher. A Senior Officer would be an improvement for me and MERC. Not that it needs to be immediate."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig steeples his fingers and peers at Fade above them.

"Curious. I've never suspected this sort of ambition in you. The issue here is that I expect different things from my senior officers than I do from my regular mercenaries. They represent me and MERC and speak on our behalf. Negotiate with clients and business partners. It requires business sense and social awareness."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Room - Charity, Cassidy and Dipsnig]

Dipsnig taps his bracer a few times and a nearby printer produces Charity's license. He looks as if he's about to hand it to her, but then he realizes how that'd look due to their difference in height. He opts to simply motion for her to retrieve it.

"Not really. Just remember to stay professional and reliable. We don't concern ourselves with morality that much here, but we do have professional standards."
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Main Room - Charity, Cassidy, and Dipsnig

Cass grins right back at Charity, but is noticeably quick to withdraw her arm. Seems she still remembers how their spat went. "Ah c'mon boss, I'm neither of those and you still keep me around."

"Cool," charity says, her grin showing off sharp teeth, "Yeah, I think I can maintain professional standards just fine. Any time you've got something you need a bruiser for, just let me know."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

"Clearly, you've got some other qualities to speak for you, Cassidy," Dipsnig observes drily. "I'll put you on the file and keep in mind for jobs that require breaking things. That would be all, unless you have some more questions."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

"No questions. Thanks... boss," Charity says, clearly unused to the word, but liking the sound of it, "For now, I'm going to go and see if I can't get into some trouble."

And, unless stopped, Charity intends to turn, leave, and go somewhere to get a drink, or possibly find adventure. Maybe both. If Cassidy wants to come with her, she won't say no, though.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the Base

Sam arrives with Lucy at the base, taking her outside into the mountains so the two of them can be alone.
    ”So uh, here we are. Nice view, huh?”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

10. - Top - End - #250
    Halfling in the Playground

[Outside the Base]

Lucy grins her toothy grin and leans over to give Sam a nudge, "You sound like a young buck nervously taking his lady out on a first date. Still feeling a little on edge, Sam? It'll be fine. I know what I'm doing. Well, uh, most of the time I do anyway." She laughs and scampers a short distance away, her ever-present satchel bouncing against her side. She starts running through a few stretches, loosening herself up. Probably not particularly relevant to the whole transforming thing, but maybe it helps a bit?

Maybe she just likes showing off.

"Whenever you're ready, I guess!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Base]

Sam gulps and stands up straight. He doesn’t approach Lucy, wanting to give her room.
    ”I’m as read as I’ll ever be. I swear.” he doesn’t sound very convinced of that, but that’s the best she’s likely to get.

12. - Top - End - #252

[Outside the Base]

"C'mon Sam! Relax!" Lucy flashes another grin as her form distorts.

Depending on how one goes about such a transformation, it has the potential to be a little...revealing. Lucy seems to have thought this through nicely, however, as her fine metallic dress grows with her, the individual strands of copper twisting and shaping into row upon row of copper scales. She drops to all fours and then grows, and grows, and grows. For a second or two it's hard to make out any particular shape to her, but then sure enough the outline of a dragon steadily takes form. A couple of things stand out as his appearance becomes clearer - the wings start at the same point of the base of his front legs, in a massive ball of muscle that was previously his shoulders, but rather than simply having the one joint or meeting somewhere along his spine, instead they stretch down the length of his sides, past the back legs and tapering into the base of his tail.

For the purposes of riding, this means Sam will effectively have to kneel on him above the wings.

While the majority of his body and wings are that same brilliant copper colour, there's a very clear band that's taken on a greener tinge right along the edge of his wings. His lengthy neck stretches round so he can peer down at Sam, his big goofy dragon-grin hopefully lessening the possibly fearsome effect of his twin swept-back horns and series of frills that trail down each side of his head.

"Ah, yes!" Deeper voice, definitely male and dragon-y. Sounds quite young though. Displaying a fair degree of dexterity with his front legs, as if they were still basically arms, he sits on his back legs and balances himself with his tail as he roots around in his satchel, which has changed size with him. "It's in here somewheeeere, there's the rascal!" The dragon pulls out a rather lengthy and unusual saddle with clasps to hold the rider's legs in place and a set of gauntlet-like holes for hands at the front. No second set of hand-holds, unfortunately. It wasn't built for Sams! "Thiiis bit here loops over my head, and y'need to attach this bit here at the base of the tail, just below the base of my wings. Mind you be careful with that one, it's reeeeeally painful if you catch the edge of my wings in there. Oh, uh, also hi! This is me at my most me!" He waves the saddle and grins a goofy grin with his tongue hanging out slightly.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Base]

Sam cranes his neck up at his friend. He kind of misses doing that. He’s spent the last two years always being the tallest person in the room. Or tied if Krayger was there.
    ”You’re very shiny. You want me to keep calling you Lucy or you got a more proper name?” he asks, giving the dragon a quick hug around the neck because what kid doesn’t want to hug a dragon? Then he takes the saddle and starts finagling it around the dragon’s head.

Somewhere in Sam’s pocket there’s an odd humming noise.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I'd better skip too, boss. Don't wanna stay here too much at a time while the Reds have my name on their list. But you've got my comms, lemme know if ya need a runner." Cassidy gives a quick two-finger wave to Dipsnig before walking beside Charity. "Told ya it'd be easy."

15. - Top - End - #255

[Outside the Base]

In terms of actual body-size, the dragon's body is indeed comparable to that of a horse. A particularly large horse, admittedly, but still definitely within the horse category. A bit wider than a horse too, needs a bit more room to fit in all the extra muscles for the wings. With the neck, the wings, the tail on top of that, though, it sure seems like quite a lot of dragon.

"O-oh, uh, right! You can call me Sylvess. Pleasure to meetcha, Sam! Lucy's told me all about you." When Sam hugs him, Sylvess gives him a one-armed (one-legged) hug back, patting his back lightly...or as lightly as a dragon can. One of the big reasons they make use of the whole shapeshifting thing, y'see. Helps with those fiddly little tasks that a dragon can't really manage. "I take pride in my shinyness, y'know. And in having such vivid green in my wings at a young age. Sign of maturity, that! Usually gotta be reeeeeal old to get wings as green as these."

Sylvess lowers his head to help get the harness looped over it, then raises his head back up and shakes his neck to get the loop sliding down to the base. Thankfully it's quite a bulky piece of equipment, so he's able to tighten it himself. "Soooo, whatcha think? I could tooootally see you, lance in hand, diving through the clouds looking all dashing and stuff."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Base]

”Oh, are your personas kinda separate? That’s interesting.” And by that he means he doesn’t really get it how that works at all but he won’t question his new friend.
    ”And I dunno. We haven’t seen if you can actually carry me. And besides, plate armor sounds really hot...” Sam looks down at his belly. He dresses this way for a reason!
    ”Oh shoot I forgot goggles.” Probably because he doesn’t own any.

17. - Top - End - #257

[Outside the Base]

"Oh, uh, not exactly. They soooorta flow into one another? I-it's not like I have to have a conversation with Lucy about you, it's all there. But she's Lucy and I'm me and we're both people but it's sort of flexible where one ends and the other begins." Does that make it clearer? Probably not. Sylvess has a bit of a confused look himself as it's all rather hard to explain.

It wasn't meant to be like that, really, but if you spend too long pretending to be someone, they start to feel pretty real.

"It's fine, we're gonna take it low and slow. No need for goggles." Once the other end of the harness is in place, Sylvess settles down low and nods at Sam to get on. "Besides, it's a liiiittle bit of an uncomfortable position, so you're probably not gonna want a long flight. I didn't ask to have low wings, but there y'go."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Base]

Sam wonders if he should recommend Sylvess get a therapist. That sounds bad for your mental health. But who is he to judge?

With a little uncertainty, Sam boards the saddle and gets himself strapped in.
    ”We’ll keep it as five minutes or less, then.” He hopes this all goes well...

19. - Top - End - #259

[Outside the base]

There's worse things to be than a possibly slightly unstable dragon, right?

"Urf!" As much as Sylvess would prefer not to inflict any wounds upon Sam's self esteem, he still lets out a slight gasp at the weight of him. Only a slight one though. It's probably quite a weird feeling for Sam, though, kneeling on the dragon's back as Sylvess rolls his shoulders and re-balances the weight, his back undulating beneath his rider.

A moment or two of adjustment. A slight shuffling of feet. Sylvess looks round to make sure Sam's locked in and gives him a nod. "Yeah, this should be fine. Needs a biiiit of a run up, I think, so heeere we go!" Not much warning as the dragon turns and runs, the whole saddle rising and falling in time with him as he gets his legs moving, building up speed and leaps!

For a moment for just a moment, there's a falling sensation. Sylvess gained quite a bit of height and it'd be quite unpleasant if they fell and-

Whoomf!

The wings start beating, a wave travelling along the dragon's back with every stroke as he builds up speed and starts to gain height in a very lazy circle around the mountain. "It's -huff- a little hard - hah- getting going, but -oof- not so bad now we're in -huh- motion."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Base]

Sam lets out a whoop as they go. He should try going to more theme parks. He’s fairly sure lots of them have big-person accommodations. He forgot how much he enjoyed this sensation.
    Though it’s not here to recognize Sylvess’ strain. Either the dragon’s out of shape, or...
    ”If I’m too heavy don’t strain yourself, buddy. You go to ground if it’s too much, okay?” he shouts over the wind.
    Sam’s self esteem aside, he’s well aware of his weight. Even he would admit a lot of it is muscle and bone, and it’s a lot of muscle.

21. - Top - End - #261

[Outside the Base]

"No no, it's- it's alright. Phew!" The strain with each beat of the wings gradually fades as Sylvess gets into a steady rhythm, building up a little bit of speed and then stretching out his wings to glide down so they're flying nice and low over the terrain. "S'all good." He keeps his talking to a minimum though, focusing on the flying. Nothing fancy, just a slow figure-eight for a few minutes, before gently coming back into land.

The landing is a little awkward though, Sylvess' feet skittering for a moment as he struggles to find purchase before sliding to a halt, panting heavily. "S'good -hah- training! Should do- do that- more! Build up some -huff- wing strength!"
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2018-07-11 at 03:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post

"I'd better skip too, boss. Don't wanna stay here too much at a time while the Reds have my name on their list. But you've got my comms, lemme know if ya need a runner." Cassidy gives a quick two-finger wave to Dipsnig before walking beside Charity. "Told ya it'd be easy."
    [Outside - Cassidy and Charity]

"You did," Charity admits, "And now I've gotta figure out what to do with myself. maybe go somewhere and fight something, preferably for money."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Base]

Sam starts disengaging himself from the saddle.
    ”Aw, it’s okay Sylvess. I’m just too big for you. I’ll help you work out. Like that story with the pig except I stay the same size. And you’ll probably be big enough in a few hundred years anyway.” he says, grinning.

24. - Top - End - #264

[Outside the Base]

"Nooo no no no, it's fine Sam, really. You're like at the top end of what I can carry, so I just gotta- gotta work on the flying a bit, and I could take you on a longer trip. Just outta practice, that's all." He is still breathing quite heavily though. Still, Sylvess puts a brave face on it and smiles at Sam, reaching across to pat him on the back. "But still, that was fun, right?"

25. - Top - End - #265

NinjaGuy

[Moonwell Investigation]

A blue beam streaks down out of the sky and materializes into a pair of female figures just outside the edge of the base's teleportation shield. One is Electra, wearing her standard armor, while the other is Astrana, who may be carrying a snake. Electra saunters towards the base, still trying to get her fingers to wake up by shaking her hands on occasion, like she's trying to flick water off of them. She's oddly quiet, though perhaps that's just because she's preoccupied with her hands.

[An Epic Quest?]

A somewhat familiar figure arrives at the gate, accompanied this time by a centauress. Corvus was just here yesterday, but since Willa knows Kirk, and he might have info on where to start their search for some living wood, here they are. He looks to Willa and grins.

"Here we are. Shall I knock, or would you like to?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Willa shivers. This kind of mountain is no place for a horse-person.
    "I dunno. I don't think it matters." she says, though she knocks anyway.

[Outside the Base]

Sam gives Sylvess another hug.
    "You're a good friend, Sylvess. And yeah, it was fun. We'll get you some buff wing muscles, you'll see. If that's something my fat butt can be useful for, being your training weight works for me." he says, laughing.

27. - Top - End - #267

[Outside the Base]

"Heey, your fat butt is useful for all sortsa things!" Just don't ask Sylvess what they all are right now. "And it's not all that- I mean, look at me! Dragons are kinda wide loads by default, y'know?" Although actually the weird sort of undulating motion Sylvess makes when flying means he shakes his booty plenty, and therefore has quite a well-toned butt.

He has a muscular dragon-butt. This is a thing you needed to know.

"Sooo, do we go get me introduced to your gang now? Which one of them d'you think inevitably saw us, so I can prepare to deflect some awkward questions? O-oh, and can you give me a hand getting the harness off?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Base]

Sam doesn't stare at Sylvess' bottom even though the dragon tells him to. That's weird and he's not attracted to giant reptiles.
    "Maybe you could try being me and tell me the uses you find." Sam says with a wink.
    "And yeah, you can meet my boss, say you're trying to get a license. Maybe he or Jazirian saw. He's that dragon I mentioned." Sam says, helping with the harness.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground

Outside - Cassidy and Charity

"Boy, if that ain't the runner life." Cass cackles as she walks alongside Charity, hands firmly planted in her pockets. "You'll make it. People here usually find a way to get their living. Y'know, the other day I met a guy selling paintings of fractal sets, made with insects. Don't know how he pays his bills. You've got a better skillset than that, at least."

30. - Top - End - #270

[Outside the Base]

"I thought you said I should not turn into a likeness of you?" Oh, right, it's a joke. Sylvess laughs awkwardly. "Oh, oh right, there's another dragon here. I gueeeess I wouldn't mind another dragon knowing I'm a dragon, as long as their scales are shiny of course!" He shakes himself like a dog shaking off water to get the harness off once Sam has undone the straps, tucking it back into the satchel.

And then it's back to being Lucy. In the work of a few moments he shrinks back down and jumps to her feet, a green-haired lady clad in a magnificent metallic dress once more.

She grins her toothy grin at Sam as she gives herself another quick stretch to loosen up. "Heya Sam! Hope that was fun! Maan, y'can get stiff shifting about like that if you're not careful though. Stupid kink in my shooooulder. Ah! There it goes. Okay, ready when you are! Remember, I'm just Lucy 'til someone says they totally saw me flying around all majestic-like!"