New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Grayham Academy IC Thread (HSHC)

Tony finds another table to sit at, but his ears occasionally twitch as he tries to focus his superhuman hearing towards the Royals. It always paid to know what they were talking about, and who to avoid if they were on the warpath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another roll where I can't get anything to apply... I think I'm just god-awful at character-building in this system.

Strong Skill, Some Vampires Sparkle; +2

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Mack had skipped... Mostly to get the girl off her mind.

She went back to school to have lunch. She might run into Taylor in the cafeteria. Either way, she ain't heard nothing about no mystery.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since there is no choice of a Conflict roll, I'm making an unmodified Luck roll.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Ingred consumed her lunch fairly quickly, and started jogging around the cafeteria to begin working off the new calories, when she spotted Cammy chatting up a friend. "Heya Cammy! Oh hey, Nessa! How are you doing?" she asked, inserting herself into the conversation barely out of breath.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong roll 1, Runner's Glow 2, Competitive Spirit 1, Butt In 2, total +6.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Hm... Jane disappears into the restroom for a moment, before stepping out, looking like one of the air nymph royals, and simply sits down by “her” peers as though she belonged there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill, Down and Dirty (+9)
    Jane's disguise works like a charm, as she is able to easily slip into the group.

"Wow, that was a fast bathroom break," Orcus, the merman prince of Atlantis noted.

"Yeah, it was," Kiana Keiki Lua Pele said, the lava nymph crossing her arms and looking the 'air nymph' over with suspicion, the only Royal to do so.

"Show kindness to Alejandra," Victoria chided her companion lightly, "It is possible she just changed her mind about relieving herself."

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Cameilla was late, late, late!

For lunch, and she needed food. Hence she was bolting and barelling and tumbling.

That's when she saw Nessa standing near the royals.

Hey, Nessa! How are you feeling!? She asks not really thinking through re-subjecting the girl to what was likely her pheromones.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Strong allure, Shameless, School queen, Pheromone bomb. +7
    Nessa's eyes go wide as she sees Camellia, but shock soon gives way to a pleasant smile, "Oh hi Camellia! What are you doing here? I was doing..."

Her cheeks redden as she glances over at the two nymph royals, "...stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Ingred consumed her lunch fairly quickly, and started jogging around the cafeteria to begin working off the new calories, when she spotted Cammy chatting up a friend. "Heya Cammy! Oh hey, Nessa! How are you doing?" she asked, inserting herself into the conversation barely out of breath.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong roll 1, Runner's Glow 2, Competitive Spirit 1, Butt In 2, total +6.
    "Better than before, I think," Nessa replies, "Being outside really helped."

Ingred can also tell that Nessa seems to be paying more attention to the Royals than she probably should.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    Mercedes tries to hover at the edge of hearing to the Royal's group, attempting not to draw any attention to herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strong Skill, Cool Off. +3
    Quote Originally Posted by WhismurWanders View Post
    Tony finds another table to sit at, but his ears occasionally twitch as he tries to focus his superhuman hearing towards the Royals. It always paid to know what they were talking about, and who to avoid if they were on the warpath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another roll where I can't get anything to apply... I think I'm just god-awful at character-building in this system.

Strong Skill, Some Vampires Sparkle; +2
    You both manage to get a spot that is both inconspicuous and is close enough for you to hear the conversation at the table clearly. Of course, your catlike/vampiric hearing certainly helps in that department as well.

"Now, I believe we should discuss the new girl, this 'Taylor'," Victoria said, "There is something not right about her."

"That, my dear, is an understatement," Lucien, the Demon Prince said, leaning back in his chair, "Clearly there is something special about this witch for the Headmaster to bring her in in the middle of the year like this."

"Like that old coot will ever tell us," Kiana said, "We'd probably get more information stealing her spellbook and reading that than trying to get him to tell us anything that isn't cryptic as hell."

"I will attempt to bring up the matter with him at practice today," Victoria said, "But perhaps getting a hold of the witch's spellbook could be a fruitful endeavor for us to undertake."

Quote Originally Posted by GM_3826 View Post
    Mack had skipped... Mostly to get the girl off her mind.

She went back to school to have lunch. She might run into Taylor in the cafeteria. Either way, she ain't heard nothing about no mystery.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since there is no choice of a Conflict roll, I'm making an unmodified Luck roll.
    As Mack made her way to a spare table, Taylor sits down in the seat next to her.

"Oh, um, this isn't taken, is it?" Taylor asked nervously, "Sorry, I should have asked before sitting down, but I thought the both of us could use company."

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Mack gets +1 VP, everyone else gets +2 VP

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

As she is chided, Jane simply shrugs.

”I’m not sure such a thing would be wise,” Jane mentions as the conversation moves her way, flawlessly copying the air nymph’s voice. “Beyond the fact that witches tend to be cunning and protective of their spellbooks, her gifts seem to lie more in potion making and alchemy, rather than incantations and magic proper. Unless she is working on an elixir of youth, or something else as outrageous, I think we should look elsewhere. Her reason for being accepted may lie entirely outside of her being a witch. Do we even know what kind of background she comes from?”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Upon hearing that tidbit, Mercedes walks over to where Taylor is eating and drops into a seat opposite her. "You might want to be careful of your spellbooks," she says picking at her own lunch. "It sounds like the Royals have it out for you over something."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As she is chided, Jane simply shrugs.

”I’m not sure such a thing would be wise,” Jane mentions as the conversation moves her way, flawlessly copying the air nymph’s voice. “Beyond the fact that witches tend to be cunning and protective of their spellbooks, her gifts seem to lie more in potion making and alchemy, rather than incantations and magic proper. Unless she is working on an elixir of youth, or something else as outrageous, I think we should look elsewhere. Her reason for being accepted may lie entirely outside of her being a witch. Do we even know what kind of background she comes from?”
    Victoria looks over at the young witch inqusitively, "Hmm... she appears rather Moorish to me."

At this statement, Kiana and Lucien give her a dumbfounded look, which she notices enough to ask, "What is it? Do you not agree?"

Lucien sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose in exasperation, "It's not that, it's just... you have got to update your vocabulary."

Upon hearing that tidbit, Mercedes walks over to where Taylor is eating and drops into a seat opposite her. "You might want to be careful of your spellbooks," she says picking at her own lunch. "It sounds like the Royals have it out for you over something."
    "Wait, what?" Taylor asked, checking her bag, "What's going on with my spellbooks?"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground

What kinds of stuff? Cammy asks brightly cocking her head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

”Moorish?” Jane asked, wracking her brain. She had heard the term before... English class, Merchant of Venice? Yeah, that sounds right. “Like those immigrants in Italy? I couldn’t say, I wasn’t around a thousand years ago.”

“My point was that her family might have some sway with people, though. Not overt, else we would probably have heard about them, but maybe something more subtle? And if they do, we would be prudent to not steal from their daughter. What if they had criminal connections? Or worse? You can’t just start messing with suspicious people.”

Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Jane's disguise works like a charm, as she is able to easily slip into the group.

"Wow, that was a fast bathroom break," Orcus, the merman prince of Atlantis noted.

"Yeah, it was," Kiana Keiki Lua Pele said, the lava nymph crossing her arms and looking the 'air nymph' over with suspicion, the only Royal to do so.

"Show kindness to Alejandra," Victoria chided her companion lightly, "It is possible she just changed her mind about relieving herself."

Nessa's eyes go wide as she sees Camellia, but shock soon gives way to a pleasant smile, "Oh hi Camellia! What are you doing here? I was doing..."

Her cheeks redden as she glances over at the two nymph royals, "...stuff."

"Better than before, I think," Nessa replies, "Being outside really helped."

Ingred can also tell that Nessa seems to be paying more attention to the Royals than she probably should.

You both manage to get a spot that is both inconspicuous and is close enough for you to hear the conversation at the table clearly. Of course, your catlike/vampiric hearing certainly helps in that department as well.

"Now, I believe we should discuss the new girl, this 'Taylor'," Victoria said, "There is something not right about her."

"That, my dear, is an understatement," Lucien, the Demon Prince said, leaning back in his chair, "Clearly there is something special about this witch for the Headmaster to bring her in in the middle of the year like this."

"Like that old coot will ever tell us," Kiana said, "We'd probably get more information stealing her spellbook and reading that than trying to get him to tell us anything that isn't cryptic as hell."

"I will attempt to bring up the matter with him at practice today," Victoria said, "But perhaps getting a hold of the witch's spellbook could be a fruitful endeavor for us to undertake."

As Mack made her way to a spare table, Taylor sits down in the seat next to her.

"Oh, um, this isn't taken, is it?" Taylor asked nervously, "Sorry, I should have asked before sitting down, but I thought the both of us could use company."

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Mack gets +1 VP, everyone else gets +2 VP
    "It's fine." Mack shrugs. She seems to be doing her best to seem as chill as possible.

11. - Top - End - #221

"One of the nymphs said they were going to steal your spellbook if they couldn't get info out of the headmaster," Mercedes replies around a mouthful of chicken. "They think you must've got some sort of special mumbo jumbo going on with you, for the Headmaster to let you in. Besides the, y'know, actual magic."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What kinds of stuff? Cammy asks brightly cocking her head.
    "Um... p-people watching stuff," Nessa admits in embarrassment, "I'm not a pervert, honest! It's just... well, can you blame me? There's so many nymphs here it's insane!"

”Moorish?” Jane asked, wracking her brain. She had heard the term before... English class, Merchant of Venice? Yeah, that sounds right. “Like those immigrants in Italy? I couldn’t say, I wasn’t around a thousand years ago.”

“My point was that her family might have some sway with people, though. Not overt, else we would probably have heard about them, but maybe something more subtle? And if they do, we would be prudent to not steal from their daughter. What if they had criminal connections? Or worse? You can’t just start messing with suspicious people.”
    At this Lucien lets out a laugh, "Oh sweet Alejandra. Trust me, if this girl had any criminal connections in her family history, I'd know."

"Still, she has a point," Orcus says, "This girl might have connections to very powerful people. For all we know, she could be a Royal herself."

"Her? A Royal?" Kiana scoffs, "Please. Even if we could miss something so huge about her, the poor thing isn't even fit to rule the chess club, let alone a nation."

Quote Originally Posted by GM_3826 View Post
    "It's fine." Mack shrugs. She seems to be doing her best to seem as chill as possible.
    "Oh, good," Taylor says with a sigh of relief, "I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of one of my new friends."

"One of the nymphs said they were going to steal your spellbook if they couldn't get info out of the headmaster," Mercedes replies around a mouthful of chicken. "They think you must've got some sort of special mumbo jumbo going on with you, for the Headmaster to let you in. Besides the, y'know, actual magic."
    "Thanks for the tip, but honestly even if they do manage to pull it off they're going to be disappointed," Taylor admits, "I don't know why I was let in either. All I know is that my application got rejected when I first submitted it. Then last week the Headmaster overturned the ruling and calls to tell me to transfer schools as quickly as possible. He wouldn't tell me why he did it, even when I got here."
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2018-03-26 at 05:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

”Is Wiccan royalty the same as fey royalty?” ‘Alejandra’ asks. “I could see them running things differently.”

Show

14. - Top - End - #224

"Really, only last week?" Mercedes looks up at the ceiling, thoughtfully chewing on her fork. "Maybe he found out you're his illegitimate child or something. When did you say your parents moved up here from Louisiana?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

”Is Wiccan royalty the same as fey royalty?” ‘Alejandra’ asks. “I could see them running things differently.”
    "Who knows?" Kiana answered, "Hell, I'm not sure the Headmaster would even do this for someone just for being royalty. Unless they're like, secret royalty."

"Or perhaps an ancient conspiracy that the Headmaster is our Headmaster is a part of," Victoria thought.

"Really, only last week?" Mercedes looks up at the ceiling, thoughtfully chewing on her fork. "Maybe he found out you're his illegitimate child or something. When did you say your parents moved up here from Louisiana?"
    "They didn't," Taylor replied, "I'm staying in one of the dorms. I'm not getting any special treatment in that regard."

16. - Top - End - #226

Doesn't everyone watch people all the time? Camilla started before Nessa continued.

Oh... I'm sorry, I can be a bit of an airhead, but if you're so infatuated with some of them, why don't you say hi? She asked brightly. You might be able to do alot more then watch! She says grabbing Nessa's arm and gently guiding her to the table.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

”It’s possible. My point is to tread carefully.”

Show

18. - Top - End - #228

"Oh, really? You managed to pull all your stuff together to move up here in a week? That's impressive."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Post Re: Grayham Academy IC Thread (HSHC)

Doesn't everyone watch people all the time? Camilla started before Nessa continued.

Oh... I'm sorry, I can be a bit of an airhead, but if you're so infatuated with some of them, why don't you say hi? She asked brightly. You might be able to do alot more then watch! She says grabbing Nessa's arm and gently guiding her to the table.
    "W-Wait!" Nessa stammers out, though she ends up getting dragged by Camellia regardless, "I don't think I can! What if they hate me, o-or..."

”It’s possible. My point is to tread carefully.”
    "Yeah, like a group with our combined power has anything to-" Kiana starts, before scowling and looking down at her plate as she notices Camellia and Nessa approaching them, "Oh gods, don't look now. It's the perv and Melon Tits. "

"Why doth thou give the pair such vulgar names?" Victoria asked, slipping back into 'Ye Olde English' as the non-Royals approach.

"It's a nymph thing, you wouldn't get it," Kiana brushed her off with.

The girl, Nessa, squeaks and hides behind the larger Camellia, apparently not having overheard what Kiana said about her.

"Oh, really? You managed to pull all your stuff together to move up here in a week? That's impressive."
    "Well I had a lot of help," Taylor explained, "My parents, siblings, cousins, and uncles mostly, though Grandpa Horace did a lot of the heavy lifting to get things in the van."
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2018-03-27 at 06:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Hello guys and gals. Cameilla started brightly, her phermones going wild and making the gorgeous goddess of a nymph even more agreeable sounding.

Can my friend and I sit here? She asks taking Nessa by the arm and practically shoving her into a seat, as her charms flew through the air.

So who was saying vulgar things? She asked cocking her head confused as she concentrated on her power.
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-03-27 at 06:26 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Jane simply begins coughing, brain beginning to feel fuzzy as the pheromones start working their way into her. “Here, take *cough* my seat. Damn tree, take a shower after *cough* gym!” The changeling gets up, turning away as she feels her eye color begin to shift. “I’ll be *cough* in the bathroom. Let me know when she’s gone.” Jane runs off, locking herself in a bathroom stall as her form begins to become less stable.

Damnit, she didn’t get to finish her lunch.

Show

22. - Top - End - #232

"Aw, it was just in a van. You didn't fly here on a broom or anything? Please tell me you at least brought a cat or an owl or a prince cursed to be a frog forever with you."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hello guys and gals. Cameilla started brightly, her phermones going wild and making the gorgeous goddess of a nymph even more agreeable sounding.

Can my friend and I sit here? She asks taking Nessa by the arm and practically shoving her into a seat, as her charms flew through the air.

So who was saying vulgar things? She asked cocking her head confused as she concentrated on her power.
    "Kiana," Orcus replied almost instantly, causing the lava nymph to give him a fiery glare.

"Apparently, it is a 'nymph thing' that We would not comprehend," Victoria said.

Kiana just huffed and crossed her arms, knowing that it was a futile effort to get her friends to side with her at this point.

Jane simply begins coughing, brain beginning to feel fuzzy as the pheromones start working their way into her. “Here, take *cough* my seat. Damn tree, take a shower after *cough* gym!” The changeling gets up, turning away as she feels her eye color begin to shift. “I’ll be *cough* in the bathroom. Let me know when she’s gone.” Jane runs off, locking herself in a bathroom stall as her form begins to become less stable.

Damnit, she didn’t get to finish her lunch.
    "I will!" Kiana assured her. Nessa, of course, looks disappointed to see one of the objects of her affection fleeing her.

Of course, Jane has other issues to deal with. Namely, that on her way into the bathroom, she bumped into the REAL Alejandra, on her way out. And though she manages to lock herself in the stall, it's not long before the air nymph's legs grace the bottom of the door.

"Excuse me, what's going on?" she asks, "I demand you come out here!"

"Aw, it was just in a van. You didn't fly here on a broom or anything? Please tell me you at least brought a cat or an owl or a prince cursed to be a frog forever with you."
    "You really expect me to fit all my luggage on a broomstick?" Taylor asks, brow raised, "And I do have a frog familiar, though he's not a prince. I just keep him in my room and feed him crickets."

24. - Top - End - #234

Oh I get it. Because nymphs have a higher libido then humans. She's probably thinking with that then. Caemilla starts.

It's not something to be ashamed of though. Love is love, right?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh I get it. Because nymphs have a higher libido then humans. She's probably thinking with that then. Caemilla starts.

It's not something to be ashamed of though. Love is love, right?
    Kiana grumbles under her breath at this.

"So, why grace us with thou presence?" Victoria asks her.

26. - Top - End - #236

Mercedes throws her hands in the air, saying, "Look, you're the one that can do magic. Maybe you have a trunk that can hold all your luggage weightlessly or something. I guess I was expecting you to have done things more witchy-y, since I'm pretty catty."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Oh crap. Jane does her best to change her appearance to simply look like someone who looked like the real Alejandra, but initially does not come out of the stall. “Sorry, just a *hurk* moment. The wood nymph *cough* girl is spraying pheromones everywhere and I *cough* think I had some kind of reaction. There should be another *hurk* stall open.”

Show

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Kiana grumbles under her breath at this.

"So, why grace us with thou presence?" Victoria asks her.
    Because more friends are more fun. Caemilla remarks.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Mercedes throws her hands in the air, saying, "Look, you're the one that can do magic. Maybe you have a trunk that can hold all your luggage weightlessly or something. I guess I was expecting you to have done things more witchy-y, since I'm pretty catty."
    "Hey, just because my coven lives in thir own community doesn't mean we haven't modernized," Taylor says in a mildly teasing tone, "We have WiFi and everything."

Oh crap. Jane does her best to change her appearance to simply look like someone who looked like the real Alejandra, but initially does not come out of the stall. “Sorry, just a *hurk* moment. The wood nymph *cough* girl is spraying pheromones everywhere and I *cough* think I had some kind of reaction. There should be another *hurk* stall open.”
    "Uh huh," Alejandra said, unconvinced, "Look, if that's really the case, I can help. I'm an air nymph, I could help get fresh air into your lungs."

[Give me a Skill roll to either properly deflect suspicion or stabilize your form.]

Because more friends are more fun. Caemilla remarks.
    "And what, pray tell, makes thee think we would make good friends?" Victoria asked, more inquisitive than hostile.

"I can think of at least one thing that'd make her think that," Lucien replied in a flirtatious tone, "I'm Lucien, by the way."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill: (1d6)[5]

“Maybe, I think I just *cough* need to cough it out and stay of the cafeteria.”

Show