New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Grayham Academy IC Thread (HSHC)

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "And what, pray tell, makes thee think we would make good friends?" Victoria asked, more inquisitive than hostile.

"I can think of at least one thing that'd make her think that," Lucien replied in a flirtatious tone, "I'm Lucien, by the way."
    Well.... I guess every royal court needs like a jester. And like cheerleading is close enough, right? Bringing good cheer to the heads of state. Caemilla muses out loud

Hello, Lucien. What one thing are you thinking of? Caemilla adds finger to her lips. He couldn't be talking about her boobs, she had two after all, and she had to assume he wasn't so dumb that he couldn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Hey, just because my coven lives in thir own community doesn't mean we haven't modernized," Taylor says in a mildly teasing tone, "We have WiFi and everything."
    "And what does a witch's coven do with wifi?" Mercedes asks, her voice just as teasing. "Poke your friends over HexBook and find new potion recipes on Pin-the-voodoo-doll-terest?"
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill: [roll0]

“Maybe, I think I just *cough* need to cough it out and stay of the cafeteria.”
    "Okay," the air nymph said hesitantly, "If you don't mind, I'm going to wait out here for you... just to make sure you are okay, of course. Wouldn't want you to go into shock and suffocate with no one around, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Well.... I guess every royal court needs like a jester. And like cheerleading is close enough, right? Bringing good cheer to the heads of state. Caemilla muses out loud

Hello, Lucien. What one thing are you thinking of? Caemilla adds finger to her lips. He couldn't be talking about her boobs, she had two after all, and she had to assume he wasn't so dumb that he couldn't count.
    "Cheerleading doesn't make you a jester," Kiana said, looking somewhat offended, "Though I bet you'd still make a good one based on your stupidity."

"Ignore her, she's just jealous," Lucien said, laying the charm on even thicker, "And still not over the fact that you and your friend the zombie made it on the team. With looks like yours, however, I'm not surprised you did."

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    "And what does a witch's coven do with wifi?" Mercedes asks, her voice just as teasing. "Poke your friends over HexBook and find new potion recipes on Pin-the-voodoo-doll-terest?"
    "More or less," Taylor said with a laugh, before adding, "But in all seriousness, you'd be surprised how much magical research has progressed in the last decade thanks to easier inter-coven communication. First-hand experience and travel is always the best way to learn, of course, but not all witches are suited for the nomadic lifestyle. Not to mention the sheer amount of information available online would be downright impossible for one witch, or even one coven, to compile on their own."

4. - Top - End - #244

Why is she upset we're on the team? Did we beat her out for a spot? Caemilla asks outloud,

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Tony keeps listening from the further table, occasionally taking bites of his lunch between the sentences of those he was eavesdropping on.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Damnit, go away! “No, I think it’s already clearing up. I think I’ll just stay here a bit more and then step outside. Thank you, though... Alejandra, right?”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Why is she upset we're on the team? Did we beat her out for a spot? Caemilla asks outloud,
    "I'm on the team!" Kiana snapped, "And I'm pissed because if it were up to me, neither of you would be on the team!"

Orcus rolled his eyes, "Again with this. We get it, you're pissed you weren't able to convince the others to keep the team nymphs and succubi only. Give it a rest already."

"That's not... I didn't..." Kiana started, before letting out a yell of frustration and storming off, her obsidian hair glowing orange at the roots from the heat she's giving off.

"Sorry about her," Lucien said, "She's got a hot temper."

Quote Originally Posted by WhismurWanders View Post
    Tony keeps listening from the further table, occasionally taking bites of his lunch between the sentences of those he was eavesdropping on.
    The lava nymph walks by your table as she is storming away, and catches you watching her, "What are you looking at?"

Damnit, go away! “No, I think it’s already clearing up. I think I’ll just stay here a bit more and then step outside. Thank you, though... Alejandra, right?”
    "Right..." Alejandra replies, "Have we met before? I only got a glance, but you look familiar."

8. - Top - End - #248

But then, why is she upset we're both on the team. Ingred isn't a nymph, but I am. Does she not know I'm a nymph? That's dumb, she's dumb. Caemilla starts.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

”Maybe? I’ve been told I look like other people.” Why don’t you just lace already!? Idiot! Pick up the sigmas, damnit!

Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

But then, why is she upset we're both on the team. Ingred isn't a nymph, but I am. Does she not know I'm a nymph? That's dumb, she's dumb. Caemilla starts.
    "Weeeeeell, I think it might have to do with you having bigger... ah, you know," Lucien says, miming a pair of boobs on his chest to get the point across.

”Maybe? I’ve been told I look like other people.” Why don’t you just lace already!? Idiot! Pick up the sigmas, damnit!
    "Like me, for example?" she asks, "You're not as pretty, of course, but the resemblance is there."
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2018-03-30 at 05:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

Oooohhhh. So she hates who she was born as. That's sad. She'd probably be happier as a plant nymph. Caemilla starts.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Stuck up bitch. “Yeah, I think one of the boys mentioned it.”

Show

13. - Top - End - #253

"More or less," Taylor said with a laugh, before adding, "But in all seriousness, you'd be surprised how much magical research has progressed in the last decade thanks to easier inter-coven communication. First-hand experience and travel is always the best way to learn, of course, but not all witches are suited for the nomadic lifestyle. Not to mention the sheer amount of information available online would be downright impossible for one witch, or even one coven, to compile on their own."
    "I guess covens are a lot more normal than I thought they were," Mercedes says with a dramatic sigh. "Here I was, hoping that they would be people sitting around in pointy black hats, brewing potions all day. Oh, actually, speaking of potions..."

Mercedes digs around in her pocket for a moment, and produces the scrap of paper with the mysterious substance on it. "Do you have any idea what this is?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oooohhhh. So she hates who she was born as. That's sad. She'd probably be happier as a plant nymph. Caemilla starts.
    "Nah, I think she just like having the largest boobs on the squad," Orcus countered.

"Honestly, the perverted obsession men have with with a lady's bosom is perplexing," Victoria said with a shake of her head.

Stuck up bitch. “Yeah, I think one of the boys mentioned it.”
    "What a coincidence," Alejandra said, "Well, you're sounding better now that you aren't around the plant nymph. I suppose I'll leave you to your business then, unless you want to compare faces."

"I guess covens are a lot more normal than I thought they were," Mercedes says with a dramatic sigh. "Here I was, hoping that they would be people sitting around in pointy black hats, brewing potions all day. Oh, actually, speaking of potions..."

Mercedes digs around in her pocket for a moment, and produces the scrap of paper with the mysterious substance on it. "Do you have any idea what this is?"
    "Well, there's some of that, but it's more tradition than necessity," Taylor admits, before taking the paper and looking it over, "It looks familiar... where did you get this?"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm good. Just going to take some time to myself, I think." Finally. Jeez, what was her problem?

Once Alejandra steps out, Jane switches to a generic looking student form, only changing into "herself" once she finds Taylor's table.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2018-03-30 at 11:07 PM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #256

"Nah, I think she just like having the largest boobs on the squad," Orcus countered.

"Honestly, the perverted obsession men have with with a lady's bosom is perplexing," Victoria said with a shake of her head.
    Oh there are studies that suggest that humanoids started having an obsession with busts, when they evolved to have face to face mating. See it sort of mimicked the look of a child bearing behind. Cammy explained.

17. - Top - End - #257

"The alchemy room," Mercedes replies. "I snuck back in after they got us all out and found it near Victoria's desk."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

The lava nymph walks by your table as she is storming away, and catches you watching her, "What are you looking at?"
    Tony is roused from his conentration by a potentially annoyed royal he had been attempting to eavesdrop on. He gives her a friendly smile though, and gestures to an empty seat at the table he was sitting at. "Simply admiring the higher echelon of our school's cultural strata." Speaking like that usually got people to dismiss him, perhaps it would work here, or perhaps the flattery would be enough to satisfy a nymph's ego.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh there are studies that suggest that humanoids started having an obsession with busts, when they evolved to have face to face mating. See it sort of mimicked the look of a child bearing behind. Cammy explained.
    Victoria just looks at the plant nymph oddly, "Why would thou even look into something like that?"

"I'm good. Just going to take some time to myself, I think." Finally. Jeez, what was her problem?

Once Alejandra steps out, Jane switches to a generic looking student form, only changing into "herself" once she finds Taylor's table.
    "Hey Jane!" Taylor says once she recognizes who the shapechanger is, "What's with the other look?"

"The alchemy room," Mercedes replies. "I snuck back in after they got us all out and found it near Victoria's desk."
    "Hmm..." Taylor said, looking it over, "I didn't see anything like this being used in our lesson today, but there are a couple possibilities as to what it could be. Mind if I hold onto this? I have a testing kit back in my room I can use after classes are done."

Tony is roused from his concentration by a potentially annoyed royal he had been attempting to eavesdrop on. He gives her a friendly smile though, and gestures to an empty seat at the table he was sitting at. "Simply admiring the higher echelon of our school's cultural strata." Speaking like that usually got people to dismiss him, perhaps it would work here, or perhaps the flattery would be enough to satisfy a nymph's ego.
    "Are you trying to be sarcastic?" Kiana asked with a raised brow, heat still emanating off her in waves.

20. - Top - End - #260

Victoria just looks at the plant nymph oddly, "Why would thou even look into something like that?"
    I didn't look into it. I just read it. Cameilla remarks.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

”Investigation. Keep an eye on your spellbooks and backpack. The royals are really curious about you and don’t seem to be above messing with you.”

Show

22. - Top - End - #262

"Yeah, go ahead," Mercedes says. "Any of those possibilities interesting, or are they more along the lines of someone having spilled green glitter?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I didn't look into it. I just read it. Cameilla remarks.
    "Where?" Victoria snapped.

"Oh, enough with the twenty questions already," Lucien said, "Just because your little kingdom is too sexually repressed to talk about breasts doesn't mean you need to get on everyone else's cases about it all the time."

Victoria gasped, "Repressed?!? Why I... hmph!"

”Investigation. Keep an eye on your spellbooks and backpack. The royals are really curious about you and don’t seem to be above messing with you.”
    "Yeah, Mercedes told me that as well," Taylor said, "Something to do with how I got in here, I think? Though why they think my spellbook will have the answer they seek I have no idea, especially since they have a sorceress with them that could probably blow me out of the water magically anyways."

"Yeah, go ahead," Mercedes says. "Any of those possibilities interesting, or are they more along the lines of someone having spilled green glitter?"
    "There's a few reagents that might be troublesome if in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they're doing," she replied, "But I'm not going to rule out green glitter just yet."

24. - Top - End - #264

"Where?" Victoria snapped.

"Oh, enough with the twenty questions already," Lucien said, "Just because your little kingdom is too sexually repressed to talk about breasts doesn't mean you need to get on everyone else's cases about it all the time."

Victoria gasped, "Repressed?!? Why I... hmph!"
    I don't recall. Camellia replies. Nessa! Do you know where I would have read that? She asked her brightly.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are you trying to be sarcastic?" Kiana asked with a raised brow, heat still emanating off her in waves.
    Tony responded with a raised eyebrow of his own, though the heat that was radiating from her was already making him a bit uncomfortable. He lied, "For that to be true, one part of my statement would have to be disingenuous.". He paused and leaned back as if thinking for a moment. "I doubt you would cast the royals in any other light than the top of the school's hierarchy, even if you still answer to teachers like the rest of us. Therefore you must think that I do not truly admire you, or your group.". He leans back forward and rests his chin in his hands as he retorts calmly, "Which is a bit silly. As a vampire of course I am drawn to the kinds of intrigues that happen among closed groups, and when an ethereal beauty like yourself happens to be among them..." He pauses and gives her another smile, "Where else should my eyes be focusing?". Perhaps a bit much, but Tony fancied himself a smooth orator, especially with his natural vampiric guile.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I don't recall. Camellia replies. Nessa! Do you know where I would have read that? She asked her brightly.
    "Uh... no!" the girl says quickly, snapping her attention away from Kiana to focus back on Camellia, "I don't read that kinda stuff."

"You see?" Victoria says, "It is not just me!"

Tony responded with a raised eyebrow of his own, though the heat that was radiating from her was already making him a bit uncomfortable. He lied, "For that to be true, one part of my statement would have to be disingenuous.". He paused and leaned back as if thinking for a moment. "I doubt you would cast the royals in any other light than the top of the school's hierarchy, even if you still answer to teachers like the rest of us. Therefore you must think that I do not truly admire you, or your group.". He leans back forward and rests his chin in his hands as he retorts calmly, "Which is a bit silly. As a vampire of course I am drawn to the kinds of intrigues that happen among closed groups, and when an ethereal beauty like yourself happens to be among them..." He pauses and gives her another smile, "Where else should my eyes be focusing?". Perhaps a bit much, but Tony fancied himself a smooth orator, especially with his natural vampiric guile.
    Perhaps Tony was a smooth orator. But in this case, he came on too strong.

"What the hell?" Kiana says, "Ugh, get a life, loser. I'm not interested in being your girlfriend."

And with that, she beat a hasty retreat, none the wiser to his eavesdropping. Um... success?

27. - Top - End - #267

"Uh... no!" the girl says quickly, snapping her attention away from Kiana to focus back on Camellia, "I don't read that kinda stuff."

"You see?" Victoria says, "It is not just me!"
    Huh.... I guess it was a biology journal... Cameilla mused.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

"What the hell?" Kiana says, "Ugh, get a life, loser. I'm not interested in being your girlfriend."

And with that, she beat a hasty retreat, none the wiser to his eavesdropping. Um... success?
    Nor was there an opening for that position, he thought to himself, sighing as he was finally rid of the loud presence of Kiana. He goes back to finishing his meal, and starting to collect things onto his tray in order to dispose of it. The lunch period was ending, and he wanted at least a little time before the next class to mull over what he had heard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Good to move on to the next scene! Also, I should be able to post more frequently/reliably now, things have stabilized considerably, for the time being. Tony should be able to be less of an eavesdropping wallflower moving forward.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Episode 1, Scene 6

Your next class, English, is a rather interesting experience for some, and average for others. And by 'some' and 'others', I mean 'those who are attracted to sexy kitsune women' and 'everyone else', respectively. Ms. Blossom is going over the basics of iambic pentameter, but a good chunk of the class seems more interested in her swinging hips and twitching tail (or what's behind it) than anything the poor woman is trying to teach them. She continues on with her lesson though, apparently oblivious to the effect she is having on her students.

Nor does she notice, as the observant are quick to discover, the rampant note-passing going on between the demon girl Frankie from your alchemy class and a couple of other nearby students. Classic high school plotting if you've ever seen it, and if the rumors are true Frankie has a connection with the Royals. Perhaps it's in your best interest to intercept these messages. Or at least get them to stop happening.

Spoiler: Opposed Roll
    Show
    Allure: Be friendly and get one of Frankie's cohorts to show you what's on a note.

Conflict: Rat out one of the note passers to Ms. Blossom.

Luck: One of the notes gets dropped or lost somewhere near you. Lucky!

2 VP to the winner.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

”Hey,” Jane says bluntly to one of the students, eyes black and skin pale, “what’s the note about?” On a bigger frame, the comment might actually be intimidating.

Jane did not have such a frame.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (-1), Personality Flip (-2), A Thousand Faces (Auto 1)

Show