The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default MightyLemur's Paper Chase OOC

Greetings MightyLemur, and welcome back to the world of Call of Cthulhu, a world of horror, mystery, and wonder. Here you shall take on the role of an intrepid Investigator of the Unknown (or Investigator for short), while I shall be the Keeper of Arcane Lore (or the Keeper).

Now that you've understood the basic rules and themeatic aspects of the game, having played the introductory adventure. Prepare to journey onto your first freeform scenario -- Paper Chase! This is a mystery set in 1921 where you are the main character. For the purposes of guiding you, I may very rarely make small notes at the bottom of my posts, but these will be far more rare than before, so I hope you're prepared to think for yourself!

Anyway, without further ado, tuck yourself in, grab a bowl of popcorn, and join the In-Character!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: MightyLemur's Paper Chase OOC

Now, I have a quick question for you to answer: What emotion best describes Collin? Find one primary emotion he expresses. Try to use a colorful, specific word to describe it. For instance, instead of “angry” you might say “vengeful” or “raging,” or instead of happy you might say “cheerful” or “exalting."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I’m going to go with “intuitive,” Collin goes with gut feelings as much as he does knowledge based decisions.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That makes sense. What about instead of himself, what emotion does Collin evoke in others? How do others react to him? Does he impress, scare, calm, excite, or perhaps annoy? Again try to find the most specific term you can. Is this reaction different between his friends and enemies? If so, what is the difference, and why is that difference there?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

For those who do not know Collin very well, he seems to be a rather... confusing person, although to those who do, and sometimes those he teaches, he can be quite inspirational. I'm not sure if this entirely fits the prompt, but here you go anyway :P

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I mean, I guess so... but now what about what Collin needs the most? If he had everything he needed, why go on an adventure? Most people’s needs are fairly universal, although they can change over time. Common needs are survival, security, companionship, esteem, romance, family, or wisdom. Consider what Collin's starting needs are, and where you want them to be by the end of the semi-campaign. This is not a goal (so it shouldn't be like "He wants to help people"), but something he needs (maybe instead, "He needs to help people so that way he feels validated as a human being" or "He needs to help because he's addicted to the rush he gets from people thanking him" these are two wildly different needs, but they emerge from the same initial goal). For example, someone might start off with a basic need for physical security, but then that expands into companionship and security in one's relationships, etc...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Collin has an almost unquenchable desire to experience or learn something new, otherwise he feels that he’s wasting himself and his potential.