The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

Gonna hold off on an update until I get another post or two from people, unless everyone really is just waiting on Silas to get out of the burning building and meet back up.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm thinkin'. I don't want to be the holdup, though.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    Gonna hold off on an update until I get another post or two from people, unless everyone really is just waiting on Silas to get out of the burning building and meet back up.
    Yeah, 8 str wizard without spell slots remaining says "no" to leading the charge into a building filled with violent thugs.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Dwarf in the Playground

But it's the last thing they'll expect!

5. - Top - End - #575

Quote Originally Posted by Steveodore View Post
    But it's the last thing they'll expect!
    That's true of a lot of bad ideas.

Anyways, we have a lot of things to deal with for tomorrow, including (in no particular order):

* Delivering some criminals to Volyshenek
    * Finding a more permanent arrangement for the children
    * Ensuring the Aliani can prepare his spells
    * Ensuring Dalen can sleep so he can prepare his spells
    * Recharge the depleted supply of consumables
    * Get Bea and Nadine to a more permanent safe location

And all that's before we go after Lamm. So, you know, typical day.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys . . . guess what. Go on, guess what's going to happen tomorrow. That's right, your list is going to get EVEN BIGGER!
    It'll be less combat intensive tomorrow than tonight though, and I'm willing to hit pause and let people sleep/regain their spells for the day, provided you in turn aren't going to send Silas out poking stuff while the others sleep or something.

Also, just in case it wasn't clear, Beautrice's fate is a character development moment, not a punishment for Aliani mishandling the situation.
    I'm not sure what else he could have done to keep the ladies safe short of going with them, and that would have just gotten him beaten down by 4 Duster thugs ahead of fighting Lamm's cast-off cronies anyway.

7. - Top - End - #577

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    Hey guys . . . guess what. Go on, guess what's going to happen tomorrow. That's right, your list is going to get EVEN BIGGER!
    That's about right.

Technically Aliani could blow a lesser restoration on Silas and Miz to cure fatigue of the all-nighter and let them keep going without sleep, but that doesn't help Dalen with prepping spells so I don't think there's much point. Just have everyone cure that fatigue the old fashioned way.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

I've sort of assumed the whole spell thing won't be a thing tomorrow, for all the obvious mechanical reasons. (That said, Milani is chaotic good, and sufficiently little worshiped that she tends to personally answer the prayers of her faithful rather than relying on servants -- so maybe she's down with a little flexibility. ) Assuming no spells, well, I've got a Heal skill, a healer's kit (at home, but presumably that will be workable unless it's burned down in the night), a decent enough Diplomacy skill, and a strong desire to be involved.

And I totally understand that it's not any sort of punishment.... but what can I say, dude feels responsible, even when he shouldn't, and even when it's not entirely rational. We can't hope to change the world without taking personal responsibility, y'know?
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-09-20 at 08:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, certainly. But making Aliani feel terrible about himself is sort of the whole point. About everything.

Also, since Aliani was in disguise, it was dark, and he almost immediately got concealed in a fog bank, I *suppose* Kynndor Thok shouldn't have recognized him.
    Then again, Aliani almost immediately started screaming at him as well, so it probably wasn't all that hard for him to figure out you guys had some relation to Nadine and were trying to protect her.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, no big deal. I'll probably be doing rather less of that going forward, but the general rule will be that the more unseemly stuff will be in disguise. After all, I've got a reputation to keep up, and it wouldn't do to be seen smashing faces in and being all divine-castery and stuff.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Thread updated. Welcome to a new day!
    Aliani, if he hurries, can spend the hour around dawn meditating and preparing a fresh set of spells, although he will be fatigued if he doesn't get some sleep - or, yeah, blasts himself with Lesser Restoration.
    Silas & Miz will also need some time to sleep and to recover their various daily stuff.
    Dalen will need to go pass out for 8 hours, but then he should be able to memorize spells and be good to go.
    Everyone who is injured may regain 3 HP, assuming that you do actually sleep/rest, and Aliani can use his last channel if he desires.

People can make Heal checks to assess Beautrice's condition, and what may be necessary to ensure she pulls through her ordeal, although short of a Regenerate spell her face, and thus career in theater, is likely done.
    She didn't quite get the full Harvey Dent treatment, but it's pretty damn close.

If you would like, I would be happy to fast forward to the afternoon with my next update, bringing up the next potential plot hook among the many you already have, but at least you will be rested and ready for it.
    I would prefer if you all stay together for once, though, since the next plot hook is intended to be a whole party affair.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-09-20 at 10:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm assuming I could eat the fatigue for the day if needed, especially since hopefully nothing I'm doing will require me to do any of the things that fatigued penalizes.

That said, I'm probably going to do the lesser restoration thing not because of the fatigue but because of the poison. (Of course, it will hit them both.)

Unless I decide that would be selfish and mean of me and I deserve to suffer for being able to protect my women even less than James Bond. But I probably won't do that, because me the player doesn't want to die.

13. - Top - End - #583

Curing the poison makes sense, and that also means you don't need to sleep so you can run errands while everyone else recovers. Since that potentially involves shopping, here's Dalen's shopping list:

3xAlchemical Fire (60 gp)
    1xAcid Flask (10 gp)
    2xScroll of Mount (50 gp)
    1xScroll of Silent Image (25 gp)
    2xScroll of Obscuring Mist (50 gp)
    = 195 gp
    That should give me a little bit more to fall back on.

Also I have an apology. I completely forgot I had an alchemical focus to increase my acid splash damage to 1d3+1 damage. That would have sped things up substantially with the Reefclaws. It's been so long since I set up Dalen's inventory that I completely forgot I had it.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
    Also I have an apology. I completely forgot I had an alchemical focus to increase my acid splash damage to 1d3+1 damage. That would have sped things up substantially with the Reefclaws. It's been so long since I set up Dalen's inventory that I completely forgot I had it.
    Finally, someone else to blame for my problems!

But yes, I'm happy to get some scrolls as part of the day, and alchemical items (though I don't recall what Miz retrieved, so that may save money).

I'd like to try to stop by my home as well (I think we all would) to pick up some things I've got stored there (no, not the giant crate of weapons). I also have plenty of things to do during down time should we get any -- mostly happy to handwave those in, but if there's ever a "Dalen needs to craft for a day" day, I'm booked.

I'm also completely redoing my spell list for the day; let me know when I need that done by sir DM sir.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

A few heal checks (not sure how many are needed). I'm taking Guidance today, and would be casting that before each check if possible (which is questionable in some cases). The rolls below don't include that, so add 1 to each result as needed. Add another 2 if someone has a healer's kit -- I do, at home, but it's not here. Miz might?

(1d20+7)[19]

(1d20+7)[16]

(1d20+7)[15]

(1d20+7)[9]

16. - Top - End - #586
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh sorry.

I was busy with something and don't have much time a the moment.
    Im going to post properly tonight, but if I can state my actions in ooc so you guys can move forward if you want

I was going to roll longterm care for Aliani, Silas and Beatrice since Aliani is dealing with ability damage. Would be taking a 10, I roll 21 with a healing kit, with my cruel anatomist feature.

Long term care is light activity so I should be able to rest at the same time.

Also Aliani can use healing kit if he wants it.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, hope you don't think I'm stepping on your toes (OOCly); no reason you can't be providing the care after a nice nap. I personally just may not need anything at all after one lesser restoration.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Working on a reply. Will probably just do the next update in the form of a bulleted list of items, given how many things there are to cover that people are interested in.

Also, as you might imagine, context is very important in the written word. For example, a more perverse minded DM than myself might read the following passage and find it quite hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Assuming Silas assented, he tucked the shirt away in his own pack, also taking a moment to gather up Nadine's tattered sleeves, and the remnants of Beautrice's dress as well. His own acid-spattered and blood-stained pants he kept on, for now.
    "Oh, so he's going to strip poor Beautrice naked, but keep his own pants on. Well, I'm glad Aliani has at least *some* good sense to realize that NOW is probably not the best time for THAT."

The next post immediately after it just made me laugh harder.

Given the state of the man, she was libel to tie him up for his own good if she caught him hovering over that dancer.
    Oh, you guys.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheesh, you need to get your minds out of the gutter!

I assumed there would be a tastefully placed bedsheet that I could peek under at my whim. For purely medical purposes, of COURSE.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Orc in the Playground

If Aliani's feeling lonely, he could always bundle up beside Silas. I hear he's a good cuddle buddy.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

be careful what you wish for

22. - Top - End - #592
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    By the way, hope you don't think I'm stepping on your toes (OOCly); no reason you can't be providing the care after a nice nap. I personally just may not need anything at all after one lesser restoration.

I'm good here, I was sortof concerned I was doing the same to you character.

I hadn't actually thought of lesser restoration as an option, urgh my brain is moving back and forth between pathfinder and 5.0

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm good here, I was sortof concerned I was doing the same to you character.

I hadn't actually thought of lesser restoration as an option, urgh my brain is moving back and forth between pathfinder and 5.0
    Well, I 1) wasn't sure I was going to be allowed to get spells, and 2) also didn't entirely realize that it would fix the ability damage (that I knew) AND knock off the fatigue as a bonus, so well, uh, yeah. :)

24. - Top - End - #594

I'm currently playing some playtest games of Pathfinder 2nd edition and my brain is having troubles going between 1st and 2nd edition.

The big one that keeps getting me is that in Pathfinder 2nd edition Wizards get a feat at 4th level instead of 5th, so I keep thinking Dalen is going to get a bonus feat when he next levels up
    Last edited by Darvin; 2018-09-24 at 01:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Update posted!
    Whew, that was a lot to address, but I *think* I got everything people wanted to do in the morning before you had visitors in the afternoon.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Lesser restoration ability score repair: (1d4)[2]

edit: also, I put today's spells on the right hand part of the spell section on my sheet.

edit again: I sort of powered through a bunch of stuff there; let me know if there's any issues, sir DM sir.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-09-25 at 10:57 AM.

27. - Top - End - #597

Sounds like Dalen won't have time to do the shopping. If anyone is making black market purchases today, my thoughts are: pay the markup for food and other cheap stuff, buy anything we can get at market price, hold off on any items subject to price gouging.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure anyone will have time for the shopping today (sorry, but I don't think I had anything close to that time given the other stuff) as everyone else is sleeping also AFAIK.

Hopefully Miss Better-Dressed-Gangster won't need to trouble you to [strike]act on her behalf[/strike] pick up her dry cleaning for an hour or two. In the interest of party harmony, I ... uh, I may be in the back.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-09-25 at 02:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Also realized Iíve got my healers kit and disguise kit at home; grabbing those too.

My movement back to Dalenís will be at rather less than full speed.

Edit: and my tea. DEFINITELY the tea. Screw the food.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-09-25 at 07:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Update posted!