The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1394
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

No rush. Looking forward to it!
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, finally got an update posted! Terribly sorry for the long delay on this one, work has been hellish lately and leaving me mentally empty by the time I get home.
    I will be posting a joint scene in another day or so of the group arriving at the castle for lunch with Ileosa, assuming of course that the group decides to go and doesn't blow her invitation off, but I'm going to assume that is not the case (you are welcome to retcon one of you not attending if for some reason you want to do so, but I post before you do to say you're not going).
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just going to point out to the GM that we've gone a long time between receiving payments for our services, and Dalen is starting to run low on operating funds. It's not quite critical yet, but at his current level of spending he's got maybe 2 days worth of funds left.

Dalen's 2nd level spell list is still very fragmentary, so he's not really so much looking for specific spells as just to expand upon it at a reasonable price. Dalen can only afford a maximum of two 2nd level spells at this time, and only if he can get them by transcribing from another wizard's spellbook (which would cost 80 gp per 2nd level spell). He can't afford 2nd level scrolls at this time.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yes, I didn't mention this explicitly but today/the time prior to going to see queen ileosa for lunch is essentially downtime. Use the day as you wish, but note that we will probably be moving along to the actual luncheon rather quickly so we can get the party moving along together again.

As far as money is concerned, do those calculations include the 750 go earned near the start of the game, plus the loot from lamm's stash, plus the small amount of gold I believe Miz found in andaisin's house? If so, well, I know wizards especially Crafters are money-hungry but damn. I was expecting that to keep the group supplied with money for a bit, given I think you're approaching level 4 WBL, although I'd have to check the exact amount for level 4.

5. - Top - End - #1295

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    As far as money is concerned, do those calculations include the 750 go earned near the start of the game, plus the loot from lamm's stash, plus the small amount of gold I believe Miz found in andaisin's house? If so, well, I know wizards especially Crafters are money-hungry but damn. I was expecting that to keep the group supplied with money for a bit, given I think you're approaching level 4 WBL, although I'd have to check the exact amount for level 4.
    I don't believe Dalen has received his share of what Miz looted from Andaisin's house, so that would definitely supplement him. He's definitely used his share from the earlier escapades, however. I also just noticed I still had the Wand of Acid Splash, so I'll sell that for an extra 105 gp as part of my downtime. Taken together those should keep Dalen topped up for at least a couple more days.

Dalen hit 4th level WBL quite some time ago, specifically the moment he acquired that Wand of Magic Missile. Ignoring items costing less than 10 gp, Dalen's current assets are:
    Headband of Vast Intelligence +2 (4000 gp)
    Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000 gp)
    Wand of Magic Missile (CL 3, 19/50 charges) (855 gp)
    Custom Pocketwatch (500 gp)
    Spellbook (440 gp)
    Wand of Acid Splash (28/50 charges) (210 gp)
    7 Miscellaneous 1st level scrolls (175 gp)
    Scroll of Invisibility (150 gp)
    Masterwork Backpack (50 gp)
    2 Alchemist Fire (40 gp)
    1 Acid Flask (10 gp)
    263 gp
    10 sp
    = 7694 gp

About half the spellbook is something Dalen got for free as a wizard class feature, while the other half is additions he paid for, but even if it and the cosmetic pocketwatch are excluded entirely he's still well above 4th level WBL (which is 6000 gp). I'm not complaining about my wealth level, just the operating funds. Note that I haven't yet deducted funds to purchase the courtier's outfit I was talking about in the IC thread (but I have deducted the 1 SP tip).
    Last edited by Darvin; 2019-07-16 at 03:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok that's good that at least the wbl calculations are not off - I tend to go more for larger treasure stashes so things will tend to be feast/famine (and generally this seems to be how things are in the AP with large cash infusions all at once).

I am not sure when the next large cash infusion will be hitting the party at this point, so dalen may need to borrow some cash from the other party members to keep going. But, I will start looking for an opportunity to throw more cash wealth the party's way.

I am also looking at when the party will hit level 4. You're not there YET, so keep it in your pants but you're close. There is so much I still want to do in Book One but I suppose I can't drag things out forever or at my current place we'll all still be playing this when we're in diapers again.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

I've spent nothing except on sturdy locks for the house, and have roughly 1000 gp just sitting around (well, being carried around in my backpack). Borrowing is not an issue if you need to do it.

Should be an interesting day, what with the lunch meeting followed by, well, tomorrow evening's meeting. That nobody else knows about, and I'm not even sure how to handle!

As for the delay: don't sweat it; I've been in a pretty bad space myself the last few weeks. If for some reason we're waiting on me over the next couple weeks, please don't wait long and keep things moving. (It would be good to get going at a faster pace again, though.)

Edit: need to reset a spell list for today. Will try to do tonight.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2019-07-17 at 09:50 AM.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure if I've quite hit WBL yet personally, or come all that close, which makes me wonder if I've forgotten something.

Armor and weapon = approx 500 gp
    Quick change cloak = 1500 gp
    Sleeves = 200 gp (currently on loan)
    Various 1st level scrolls = 150 gp
    RP stuff (lifestyle, rental home, locks for said home) = 325 gp
    A couple kits = 100 gp
    misc junk = approx. 150 gp
    Cash on hand: 855 gp

looks like just under 3k in items plus the cash.

I''m not sue where I've gone wrong or not recorded something on my sheet.

edit to add: forgot I did get the 4 platinum rings for 100 gp (for Shield Other, when the time comes). Still haven't handed those out, but haven't really had a chance yet. Might fix that with at least Miz before heading out in the morning. I'll make a post to that effect (or edit the one I have).
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2019-07-18 at 05:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1299

That does seem rather low. Dalen's crafting means we'd expect his wealth to be somewhat higher than the rest of the party, and the wand of magic missile is technically party treasure that was never divvied (it's just Dalen is the only one who can use it), but even accounting for those things you should still have around 4000 gp all else equal.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

That was my thought as well. I'm not always great about remembering to record stuff (or, more likely, to save the damn sheet when exiting).

Also, technically, you aren't the only one that can use that wand...

11. - Top - End - #1301

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Also, technically, you aren't the only one that can use that wand...
    Who else in the party can use it? No one has UMD or the Magic Missile spell on their class list.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

For some reason (probably the first incarnation of the character) I thought I had ranks in UMD. So, uh, forget I said anything.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Orc in the Playground

I think we keep forgetting to bring up item creation in character (or I keep forgetting we have). Anyway, Silas is giving Dalen his wand of silent image. It has 47 charges. He can also a spring-loaded wrist sheath if he so desires. Great for action economy! ;)

Also, I'll try to post more often. Probably not more than once per day given our difference of time zones, but if I can hit two I'll call it a good day.
    Last edited by PiccadillyPi; 2019-07-20 at 07:42 AM.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Update posted! I agree that does seem a little low for wealth on Aliani. I'll have to poke my nose into the treasure math again, see if there was anything missed. Most of the treasure thus far as been in the form of cold hard cash I think, minus the wands and potions from lamm's stash.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

No worries on it either way.

Timing wise: the meeting with Lamm thing is... tonight? I feel like we skipped a day in here with the “and nothing else happens” bit, but I maybe have no clue. There was also the Great Grain Robbery as a potential. (How could I not call it that right?)

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

That would be because you did.
    I had been thinking about Ileosa inviting you to lunch immediately, but decided to throw in an extra day there to give a bit more downtime to people if they wanted to make use of it.
    So yes, after you had your split group night of excitement, there was a day when I went "basically nothing happened", and now you've got Ileosa at lunch, and Aliani has his little group therapy meeting to get over Lamm tonight.
    And at some undisclosed date in the very near future (tomorrow or the next day most likely), Aliani can choose to participate in the Great Grain Robbery.
    Or not, if he doesn't want to work with Jack, who is a bit of an arse.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Okie-dokie.

Couple minor things I'd like to do then during that day:

1) Get Dalen and Silas their rings, as I did Miz
    2) Let Dalen (and everyone else, but especially him) know, in as vague a terms as I can get away with, that I've got a gathering of friends this evening, and I could use some backup reconnaissance if he's so able in the spell prep department (and, if necessary, loan out funds to do that with, if he has certain things he wants to borrow for). We can RP this out somehow, or not, up to you all.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2019-07-21 at 07:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Orc in the Playground

Just because I've been slow to post lately, and just this once, I'll say to do it OOC for the sake of expediting the start of that event. Plus, you have enough to write about with 'The Sister Act 3' coming soon to a theatre far from you.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey look at that! 24 hours or so between updates, and everybody posted too! I knew we could do it.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Orc in the Playground

Just saw the post. I'll write something up tonight. No need to wait if I don't post by then.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Dwarf in the Playground

I actually forgot what the rings you had made are for.

Also how does the ribbon work again? Is one of the disguises now set to queenly regale?

As an aside I'm rolling a dice for myself

(1d20)[5]

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

The rings are for, well, OOCly, Shield Other. Which I plan to make decent use of while standing far from the front.

The sleeves are basically "imagine your clothing and presto that's what you're wearing" illusory stuff. So it's not really a matter of "setting" anything into them. (The quick change cloak I have, which is a full disguise setup, is limited to three slots and have to be pre-set -- basically it's "make a disguise, store it in the cloak, recall it on command".)

23. - Top - End - #1313

Quote Originally Posted by Steveodore View Post
    Also how does the ribbon work again?
    It's a Sleeves of Many Garments. It's actually very underpriced for what it does.

Dalen can craft them for anyone in the party who is interested, although keep in mind that due to minimum crafting time they require the same amount of time to create as a 1000 gp item.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Working on a post, but ran out of time last night. Should have it out tonight!

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

Whew! Update posted!

26. - Top - End - #1316

Just a heads up that I'll be traveling for the next two weeks and will have inconsistent access to internet. I'll try to check in daily, but I may go off the radar briefly depending on access.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Update posted! Hope everyone finds their gift useful, although admittedly some might be higher power than others. Sadly, the utility of some items is limited at the 1,000 GP end of the pool.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Neato.

It does present a minor problem in that it uses the same slot as the quick change cloak. Any chance i can talk you in to refluffing it somehow?

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Well, it is a shawl/scarf, so I could see it going in the neck slot as well as the shoulders.
    And I know that magic items can be made that use a different slot for normal at a multiplier to the cost (think it's like 25-50% of base?)
    So yeah, sure, why not.
    Use it as a neck or possibly a head item, if Aliani wears its like a Varisian-style head scarf or a dashing pilot scarf.

Also, because I know we talked about this Darvin - yes, the pearl of power fits very nicely into the center of your custom-made watch, as if they were made for each other.
    Further modifications may be possible to allow it to store several pearls together at once, but that is likely an expense for another time when Dalen's is swimming in spare cash to afford multiple pearls of power in the first place.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2019-07-28 at 05:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool, that'll work if you're okay with it.