Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 1300
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Okay, update posted! Everybody except a fourth thug who randomly showed up from the back of the Fishery with more cargo is Enthralled. You guys have a free hand to try and sneak into the Fishery/Boat out back if you'd like, or you can close in and start chopping if you don't want to risk Aliani getting in over his head.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PiccadillyPi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Any unofficial bonuses I can scrape from a nat 20 poison use?
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    You definitely didn't poison yourself?

    Question for you - When you say loading bay, you are referring to the room that Yargin and company are currently standing in, right? There's a fourth thug not shown on the last map (since he was in the back at that point), who has saved against the Enthrall and is arguing with Aliani. I guess we can assume he'll be moving to the cart this round to drop off his hatbox cargo. The front door is locked, so Silas will need to either pick the lock or kick the door in if he wants to do in that way. There's a side door on the far side of the Fishery from the loading area he could also try if he wants to avoid the crowd. If he wants to slip in past all the dudes staring at Aliani, he'll need to make a Stealth check to slip past the fourth thug who isn't completely focused on every word coming out of Aliani's mouth. Yargin and the other thugs don't care what anyone else does at the moment.

    What's Miz and Dalen going to do?
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-05-21 at 05:24 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PiccadillyPi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    You know what, I completely missed that right-side door on the map. Weird. In lieu of the front door, let's try that.

    Loading bay: Yes, that's what I meant. I wasn't 100% sure on their position after the enthrallment, so I just assumed they were mostly near the cart, which is in the loading dock/bay/area.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Steveodore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Sorry about my state of inactivity especially ooc, I've been busy with stuff for a while now and have been getting too comfortable in my own inactivity.

    I'm thinking about attempting to kill thug 4. I don't know if anyone has an alternative way they want deal with him.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    @ Steveo -- up to you! Note that it will break the rest of the spell, making the rest of them unfriendly or hostile (depending on stuff), and will kind of negate the whole point of it. Not that I know that Miz will necessarily know that.

    Aliani is likely to be miffed. I won't be.

    ETA: (As for the getting busy and not posting stuff -- been there, done that. Don't feel like you have to give us a novel (even if that's what endeared me to this group in the first place, haha) when you're busy. We know you're good for it. If there's anything I/we can do to help in terms of engagement, let me/us know!
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-05-22 at 04:31 PM.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PiccadillyPi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Request from Steveodore:
    Stealth roll to keep up with Dalen

    (1d20+5)[18]
    Last edited by PiccadillyPi; 2018-05-22 at 07:02 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    IC thread updated!
    So Aliani now has a standing invitation to follow Thug #4 back inside the Fishery.
    Dalen and Miz are hidden up against the cart ready to Metal Gear their way inside after him if desired, or going over to join Silas around the side.
    Silas is around the far side of the Fishery at the edge of where the walkway gets somewhat rickety to traverse, and has heard Gaedren Lamm shouting from the deck of the ship, presumably yelling at more thugs carrying crates out from the understory of the Fishery.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Assume Iím just doing my thing until the situation changes (someone comes out, or our team starts attacking these guys). Iím checking in but if you get a round in without me thatís probably a good thing.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PiccadillyPi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Next three turns are more or less planned, barring any surprises. I'll trust Inspectre with my reactions to such things.

    I edited the post a bit before deciding my actions (was originally going to distract Bloo), so if it's okay I'll post my first attack roll here once Inspectre gives the okay.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Darvin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Sorry for my low activity over the last few days. Been busy at work and with other matters.

    Anyways, looks like we're going to just go for it. Don't know the HD of these thugs, but hopefully Dalen can take down two of them so Miz can oneshot the third so we can have this whole thing dealt with before anyone can raise alarm (or hurt Aliani).

    My original plan was to cast invisibility and pilfer through the wagon once it was unattend, but it looks like things are going to get serious so time to neutralize some thugs.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PiccadillyPi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    No worries. PbP has its advantages for this reason. I didn't really want to leave Aliani stuck chatting, but that was sort of plan A with plan B through Z being comprised of the word 'improvise'.

    First time I've seen the word 'minutiae' used in the wild, outside of media. haha
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    I am good with this; my sort of plan was to use this to divide as many as possible so they could be taken in smaller groups than one massive rumble, with the ulterior motive that this way I donít have to get my precious delicate features sullied. :)
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-05-27 at 09:24 AM.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Couple quick questions for Darvin and PiccadillyPi so that I don't make assumptions here.

    1. Dalen is casting Sleep (which is a 10' radius burst) on what group of targets? Yargin, Bloo, and Thug #1? Or is he walking past that group to gain line of sight into the back room and casting Sleep on the largest clump of guys he can see?
    2. If the rest of the group is still dealing with the guys Aliani has Entrhalled, is Silas going to move to support the party, or is he going to go into the back room alone, ostensibly for the purpose of holding off any reinforcements from there while the group finishes off whoever is not Asleep (which would probably be Thug #3 on the cart, and probably Thug #2 since I don't think a 10' radius burst is quite enough to catch the three group of Bloo, Yargin, and Thug #1 while also stretching to reach Thug #2 or Thug #3. If only it was 20' radius!)
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Darvin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    1) Targeting decisions are made when the spell finishes casting, not when it begins casting, so I don't need to make the decision yet. Presuming nothing changes before it completes, I'd want to target the upper-right corner of thug 4's space. This should put thugs 2, 3, and 4 and no one else within range of the burst.

    I'm not clear on whether the fishery door is currently open or partially open, so that may also give me the opportunity to put thug 1 into range if I so choose. I don't think I will, though.

    If only it was 20' radius!
    Now see, this is why I prepared multiple copies
    Last edited by Darvin; 2018-05-28 at 03:13 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PiccadillyPi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Silas will hold off until either Dalen gives the word or the situation suddenly worsens. Meanwhile, he'll waggle his sword in anticipation. Assuming nothing significant, the 1, 2, 3 will go as normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by PiccadillyPi View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    1. Open rear door toward big central back room.
    2. Position self at second door and ready action to open door just before next turn. (If it's open, skip to turn 3.)
    3. Equip chakram, Step one space onto catwalk (further if needed), attack goons with this priority:

    a) Immediately beside door, dropping Chakram to use sword.
    b) Wielding ranged weapons.
    c) Closest to left-side door where he expects Miz to be coming from.
    Last edited by PiccadillyPi; 2018-05-28 at 04:28 PM.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    And here we go! Combat has started - you guys are up first!
    Dalen gets the double surprise round he needs for the Sleep, mostly on account of the fact that all his targets are Enthralled by Aliani.
    That made it easy to adjudicate rather than figuring out if Dalen was detected in time for his surprise round to be the first half of Sleep, or if he did indeed get a "bonus" surprise round.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-05-29 at 06:08 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Darvin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    mostly on account of the fact that all his targets are Enthralled by Aliani.
    It's good to have friends.

    Edit: Thug 1 shouldn't have been within range of the spell. The spell only has a 10 ft radius, and thugs 1 and 3 are 20 feet apart. Due to the cutoff of the grid, placing the spell's effect directly between the two of them would mean both would be out of range, so there's no way to fit in both Thug 1 and 3 into the burst. Let me know if you're going to retcon that or just play it as it happened (my preferred target were those outside)
    Last edited by Darvin; 2018-05-29 at 02:31 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Yeah, makes a slight difference to me too, so I'll hold off until this gets answered.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Ah, yes - when I was doing this I had it in my head that Dalen could target the grid intersection on the southern end of the doors - that is perfectly equidistant between all three of them.
    But due to the diagonal 5-10-5-10 rule for distance, a 10' radius spell looks more like a plus-sign than a square/circle, so that would have missed everybody.
    So yeah - Thug #1 is actually awake.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Still need Round 1 actions from Dalen & Miz.

    Silas missed with his second chakram, in the event that wasn't self-evident with a 10 to-hit.
    Bloo failed his Will Save, Yargin managed to ID the spell but not the DC 26 to realize something's really fishy here.
    It may be a moot point depending on what Dalen does and how successful Bloo is at savaging his ex-master.

    Technically at this point, only Aliani and Bloo know the result of Bloo's Will Save . . .
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-05-30 at 07:07 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PiccadillyPi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    And I was so confident it would hit!
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Steveodore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    I also did pretty awful, hope melee goes better.

    I wasn't sure if jumping on the cart would be a good idea, specifically if going over the sleeping enemies space would interfere with his sleep enchantment

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Walking over a sleeping enemy shouldn't do anything to them, unless you like deliberately kick them awake or some such.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Darvin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Awakening a creature put to sleep by the sleep spell requires a deliberate standard action. There's no way you'll inadvertently do it with a move action. Worst case scenario it's just treated as difficult terrain to step over them.

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Darvin is correct - note that is magical sleep though. Walking over a creature that's just normally asleep is likely to wake them up cranky.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Ouchie.

    Just to make sure, you did take into account the protective spells I'd cast just before entering this mess, right? :)
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    I forgot any protective spells, which would take away that 7 damage since Thug #1 hit Aliani's non-buffed AC of 13 exactly.
    So he only took 4, maybe 2 damage this turn instead of 11/9!
    Big difference there, will edit DM post accordingly!


    Need a Reflex Save, DC 13 from Aliani and Miz as well.
    Pass, you take 2 Acid damage from a Yargin bomb, Fail you take 4 (like Yargin's two thugs did).

    It's now the party's turn again!
    I *think* I did everything correctly, but there's a lot of bad guys going at this point, so feel free to correct me if you see something fishy!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-05-31 at 07:44 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    No problem; having screwed that stuff up recently myself I know it's easy to do. (It was three rounds and like a week ago!)

    Reflex save (not my specialty, but here we go): (1d20+3)[15]
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PiccadillyPi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

    Dunno why I had reflex down for reducing fall damage. Anyway, here's hoping Giggles takes the bait.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •