Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Crimson Echo OOC

Okay, update posted! Everybody except a fourth thug who randomly showed up from the back of the Fishery with more cargo is Enthralled. You guys have a free hand to try and sneak into the Fishery/Boat out back if you'd like, or you can close in and start chopping if you don't want to risk Aliani getting in over his head.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Any unofficial bonuses I can scrape from a nat 20 poison use?
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

You definitely didn't poison yourself?

Question for you - When you say loading bay, you are referring to the room that Yargin and company are currently standing in, right? There's a fourth thug not shown on the last map (since he was in the back at that point), who has saved against the Enthrall and is arguing with Aliani. I guess we can assume he'll be moving to the cart this round to drop off his hatbox cargo. The front door is locked, so Silas will need to either pick the lock or kick the door in if he wants to do in that way. There's a side door on the far side of the Fishery from the loading area he could also try if he wants to avoid the crowd. If he wants to slip in past all the dudes staring at Aliani, he'll need to make a Stealth check to slip past the fourth thug who isn't completely focused on every word coming out of Aliani's mouth. Yargin and the other thugs don't care what anyone else does at the moment.

What's Miz and Dalen going to do?
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-05-21 at 05:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

You know what, I completely missed that right-side door on the map. Weird. In lieu of the front door, let's try that.

Loading bay: Yes, that's what I meant. I wasn't 100% sure on their position after the enthrallment, so I just assumed they were mostly near the cart, which is in the loading dock/bay/area.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry about my state of inactivity especially ooc, I've been busy with stuff for a while now and have been getting too comfortable in my own inactivity.

I'm thinking about attempting to kill thug 4. I don't know if anyone has an alternative way they want deal with him.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Steveo -- up to you! Note that it will break the rest of the spell, making the rest of them unfriendly or hostile (depending on stuff), and will kind of negate the whole point of it. Not that I know that Miz will necessarily know that.

Aliani is likely to be miffed. I won't be.

ETA: (As for the getting busy and not posting stuff -- been there, done that. Don't feel like you have to give us a novel (even if that's what endeared me to this group in the first place, haha) when you're busy. We know you're good for it. If there's anything I/we can do to help in terms of engagement, let me/us know!
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-05-22 at 04:31 PM.
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Request from Steveodore:
    Stealth roll to keep up with Dalen

(1d20+5)[18]
    Last edited by PiccadillyPi; 2018-05-22 at 07:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

IC thread updated!
    So Aliani now has a standing invitation to follow Thug #4 back inside the Fishery.
    Dalen and Miz are hidden up against the cart ready to Metal Gear their way inside after him if desired, or going over to join Silas around the side.
    Silas is around the far side of the Fishery at the edge of where the walkway gets somewhat rickety to traverse, and has heard Gaedren Lamm shouting from the deck of the ship, presumably yelling at more thugs carrying crates out from the understory of the Fishery.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Assume Iím just doing my thing until the situation changes (someone comes out, or our team starts attacking these guys). Iím checking in but if you get a round in without me thatís probably a good thing.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Next three turns are more or less planned, barring any surprises. I'll trust Inspectre with my reactions to such things.

I edited the post a bit before deciding my actions (was originally going to distract Bloo), so if it's okay I'll post my first attack roll here once Inspectre gives the okay.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry for my low activity over the last few days. Been busy at work and with other matters.

Anyways, looks like we're going to just go for it. Don't know the HD of these thugs, but hopefully Dalen can take down two of them so Miz can oneshot the third so we can have this whole thing dealt with before anyone can raise alarm (or hurt Aliani).

My original plan was to cast invisibility and pilfer through the wagon once it was unattend, but it looks like things are going to get serious so time to neutralize some thugs.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

No worries. PbP has its advantages for this reason. I didn't really want to leave Aliani stuck chatting, but that was sort of plan A with plan B through Z being comprised of the word 'improvise'.

First time I've seen the word 'minutiae' used in the wild, outside of media. haha
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

I am good with this; my sort of plan was to use this to divide as many as possible so they could be taken in smaller groups than one massive rumble, with the ulterior motive that this way I donít have to get my precious delicate features sullied. :)
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-05-27 at 09:24 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Couple quick questions for Darvin and PiccadillyPi so that I don't make assumptions here.

1. Dalen is casting Sleep (which is a 10' radius burst) on what group of targets? Yargin, Bloo, and Thug #1? Or is he walking past that group to gain line of sight into the back room and casting Sleep on the largest clump of guys he can see?
    2. If the rest of the group is still dealing with the guys Aliani has Entrhalled, is Silas going to move to support the party, or is he going to go into the back room alone, ostensibly for the purpose of holding off any reinforcements from there while the group finishes off whoever is not Asleep (which would probably be Thug #3 on the cart, and probably Thug #2 since I don't think a 10' radius burst is quite enough to catch the three group of Bloo, Yargin, and Thug #1 while also stretching to reach Thug #2 or Thug #3. If only it was 20' radius!)

15. - Top - End - #255

1) Targeting decisions are made when the spell finishes casting, not when it begins casting, so I don't need to make the decision yet. Presuming nothing changes before it completes, I'd want to target the upper-right corner of thug 4's space. This should put thugs 2, 3, and 4 and no one else within range of the burst.

I'm not clear on whether the fishery door is currently open or partially open, so that may also give me the opportunity to put thug 1 into range if I so choose. I don't think I will, though.

If only it was 20' radius!
    Now see, this is why I prepared multiple copies
    Last edited by Darvin; 2018-05-28 at 03:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Silas will hold off until either Dalen gives the word or the situation suddenly worsens. Meanwhile, he'll waggle his sword in anticipation. Assuming nothing significant, the 1, 2, 3 will go as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by PiccadillyPi View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    1. Open rear door toward big central back room.
    2. Position self at second door and ready action to open door just before next turn. (If it's open, skip to turn 3.)
    3. Equip chakram, Step one space onto catwalk (further if needed), attack goons with this priority:

a) Immediately beside door, dropping Chakram to use sword.
    b) Wielding ranged weapons.
    c) Closest to left-side door where he expects Miz to be coming from.
    Last edited by PiccadillyPi; 2018-05-28 at 04:28 PM.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

And here we go! Combat has started - you guys are up first!
    Dalen gets the double surprise round he needs for the Sleep, mostly on account of the fact that all his targets are Enthralled by Aliani.
    That made it easy to adjudicate rather than figuring out if Dalen was detected in time for his surprise round to be the first half of Sleep, or if he did indeed get a "bonus" surprise round.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-05-29 at 06:08 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre View Post
    mostly on account of the fact that all his targets are Enthralled by Aliani.
    It's good to have friends.

Edit: Thug 1 shouldn't have been within range of the spell. The spell only has a 10 ft radius, and thugs 1 and 3 are 20 feet apart. Due to the cutoff of the grid, placing the spell's effect directly between the two of them would mean both would be out of range, so there's no way to fit in both Thug 1 and 3 into the burst. Let me know if you're going to retcon that or just play it as it happened (my preferred target were those outside)
    Last edited by Darvin; 2018-05-29 at 02:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, makes a slight difference to me too, so I'll hold off until this gets answered.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, yes - when I was doing this I had it in my head that Dalen could target the grid intersection on the southern end of the doors - that is perfectly equidistant between all three of them.
    But due to the diagonal 5-10-5-10 rule for distance, a 10' radius spell looks more like a plus-sign than a square/circle, so that would have missed everybody.
    So yeah - Thug #1 is actually awake.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Still need Round 1 actions from Dalen & Miz.

Silas missed with his second chakram, in the event that wasn't self-evident with a 10 to-hit.
    Bloo failed his Will Save, Yargin managed to ID the spell but not the DC 26 to realize something's really fishy here.
    It may be a moot point depending on what Dalen does and how successful Bloo is at savaging his ex-master.

Technically at this point, only Aliani and Bloo know the result of Bloo's Will Save . . .
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-05-30 at 07:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

And I was so confident it would hit!
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

I also did pretty awful, hope melee goes better.

I wasn't sure if jumping on the cart would be a good idea, specifically if going over the sleeping enemies space would interfere with his sleep enchantment

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Walking over a sleeping enemy shouldn't do anything to them, unless you like deliberately kick them awake or some such.

25. - Top - End - #265

Awakening a creature put to sleep by the sleep spell requires a deliberate standard action. There's no way you'll inadvertently do it with a move action. Worst case scenario it's just treated as difficult terrain to step over them.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Darvin is correct - note that is magical sleep though. Walking over a creature that's just normally asleep is likely to wake them up cranky.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouchie.

Just to make sure, you did take into account the protective spells I'd cast just before entering this mess, right? :)

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

I forgot any protective spells, which would take away that 7 damage since Thug #1 hit Aliani's non-buffed AC of 13 exactly.
    So he only took 4, maybe 2 damage this turn instead of 11/9!
    Big difference there, will edit DM post accordingly!

Need a Reflex Save, DC 13 from Aliani and Miz as well.
    Pass, you take 2 Acid damage from a Yargin bomb, Fail you take 4 (like Yargin's two thugs did).

It's now the party's turn again!
    I *think* I did everything correctly, but there's a lot of bad guys going at this point, so feel free to correct me if you see something fishy!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-05-31 at 07:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

No problem; having screwed that stuff up recently myself I know it's easy to do. (It was three rounds and like a week ago!)

Reflex save (not my specialty, but here we go): (1d20+3)[15]

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Dunno why I had reflex down for reducing fall damage. Anyway, here's hoping Giggles takes the bait.
    = ~ Piccadilly Pineapple