New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

Shining City
    "HEY!! Don't joke about that, I think I'm having a bit of global-to-galactic culture shock about my planet being treated as a large spherical mine. and now I can't stop thinking about a tacky ring with museums all over it showing "how Earth used to be." as "historical sites" Ugh." Beryl says, riled up
    "Oi, not everything is about efficiency Artic, we saw a lot of beautiful sights on our journey we wouldn't want to change. and would you do the same to Arcos?" Masala asks
    "....Doesn't Shenron like, sleep in the Earth's core when he isn't summoned by the Dragon Balls? I don't think it'd be a good idea to tick him off, being a reality warping dragon, and don't we have matter materialization anyways? Like Tarasai's future job is literally to make new planets, why would you need to hollow the planet out when he could probably just conjure a planet-sized hunk of stuff to build from?" Jade points out logically. Don't look at me, Shenron sleeping in the "fiery center of the planet" is OG Dragon Ball canon.
    Tarasai ponders Artics ring idea.
    "Huh, sounds a lot like some of the places I heard about Universe 3. Its a Universe that values intellectual ability highly, and much of its population is robotic or cybernetic. Its not without its share of problems though, for one most of their fighters don't train their muscles and instead use cybernetics or power armor to get strong and thus most are lacking in raw power because they rely on their smarts on so much, last I checked. I of course won't bore you with the full details of Universe 3, quite rude to speak of such things while the quarantine is still in effect, in retrospect. I personally prefer the natural majesty of something like the Grand Canyon myself, but I guess we all have our own tastes."
    Luxana and Shanakan on the other hand are giving Artic death glares. You may have mis-aimed that riling up.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

Looking to put out a potential fire, Max moved over to pay Arctic on the shoulder, " Where did you think I was sourcing materials for the defense grid of space stations that I built? They're not exactly individually small, you know?" As he talked, Max held his free hand out and whipped up a model sized space shuttle. Like, the kind that exist in real life, "I built them the old fashioned way. The Really...old fashioned way." Max winked, then held up the model, "Now, admittedly, this is a historical example of a space shuttle, but even though it's tiny it is fully functional. And that just serves to prove my point about where all those space stations came from."

Max then cleared his throat, "And that's aside from the fact that Earth isn't suffering from an overpopulation problem at this time. By the time I'm done having an influence, it won't run into an overpopulation problem either. After all, proper education, sanitation, civic responsibility and medical technology will eliminate the need to have more than two children. From there, it will just be a matter of what family size is in vogue, as some people will insist on having all of the children, while others will choose to have none." Max then held his chin for a moment, "And I suppose I should devote some time now to developing functional tech for growing children in artificial wombs, to sidestep a variety of what would otherwise be tragic issues."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Ten Years Later: Blizzan
    “That fight did not make sense.” Blizzan declared to himself, eyes baggy, his soul straining, as he stands over a random inhabitant of hell he has brutally beaten up. Blizzan these days was torn. His love for fighting, his desire to spill blood and revel in the glory of the carnage had gone from a pleasure to an addiction. More and more it felt less like he wanted to fight, and more it felt like he NEEDED it. He needed the high, and he felt it getting a little harder to achieve each time. That alone would be bad enough. He had maybe a few hours before he had to sate his lust for blood again. No, there was another obsession ravaging his mind right now, one seemingly just as all-consuming.
    “The fight with Hailing. It made no sense. How could friendship, love, hopes and dreams contribute to a fight like that? I mean, sure these things could provide a morale boost, get the chemicals pumping, a temporary PL spike, I've seen that happen before, but nothing on that transcendental a scale. And numbers alone doesn't make as an explanation for why its so powerful, as Hailing fought numerous people alone before. Surely if friendship was so powerful, the camaraderie of an army would be suffice? Surely many soldiers think of their loved ones, their hopes and dreams while they fight and die on the battle field to motivate them to fight? Yet, why did it have this big of an effect that their emotions transcended their biological limits and transformed them into something new? Why is it different for them? It doesn't add up. This....needs.....investigation...."

Ten Years Later: Tailripper
    The undead tuffle sits, quiet and meditates. He was filled with quiet purpose. He knew in his heart of hearts, that Solitus was not his master. Kurumo was not his master. Trombone cultists were not his master. He was specially chosen for this task by the one he truly serves. And he will fulfill it.

Enter: Vazin-Kagra, The Conqueror
    It is to Kurumo's great surprise that they meet Vazin-Kagra early. He meant to to see her after the First Super Saiyan, but it seems she has found her own way out.
    "Kurumo, Who Is This?"
    "Vazin-Kagra, the Conqueror. A Talsaigan of great fighting and political talent and power. But was outwitted by a sorcerer and....their creation. Its very possible that if circumstances were different that she would've been the Talsaigan equivalent of Hailing."
    "My my. It seems my reputation precedes me, Oh Honorable Shinjin. What brings you down here?"
    Vazin Kagra is clearly feminine but strong looking, wearing a coral tiara, her two antennae hanging her back like waist-length hair, wear clamshell armor with coattails reminiscent of long frilly fish tails. Her skin is blue with purple stripes and a purple eyes.
    "My name is Kurumo, and I am working wi-for Solitus for a better world, a revolution if you will. The current leader is incompetent and needs.....replacing. Solitus I believe will prove to be the.... Perfect leader to lead us to victory. You benefit from this as well, you do want to come back to life, no?"
    "Correct. Very well, I will follow along this strange venture if only to see where it goes, worry not, I have no real plans of my own."
    Vazin-Kagra smiles while saying this.
    "Another Subject To Recognize My Divinity! Soon All Will Know My Name."
    Kurumo frowns. Maybe she doesn't, Kurumo thinks, but he knew that just meant Vazin-Kagra was waiting for their chance, their opportunity to do something. What, even Vazin-Kagra did not know. The talsaigan conqueror was one that was adaptable as the waters themselves; set in stone plans were not Vazin-Kagra's style. It meant that she was a wild card in all of this. Better to keep such rogue elements close and working for you, Kurumo thinks.

They continue on to the Hell of the First Super Saiyan. A torture reserved for him, and him alone...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

[Earth][Shining City]

Vodkana wagged her tail thinking. "You sure are clingy to this planet. Nya?" She giggled.
    'Hmmm.. Tarasai...?"
    Puffy growled at Vodkana.
    Vodkana smiled, amused. 'No matter what you may get from Tarasai, you could never have the connection I have with him. So calm the cat fight down. Nya."
    Puffy pouted.
    Vodkana:"HMM.. Tarasai.. in theory.. could you create a copy of Earth? Nya? Something Arctic could play with, without angering the locals."

Hell-Ten Years Later-Tsarbone

His soul caged in the primal form, with no hands, but scythes of destruction, he had eternaly suffer the uglyness of Hell. He knew he deserved it, and he might eventually get reicarnated.. but he couldn't stand it anymore, looking at the mirror for ten years, see himself as monster of destruction, see the ruins of tower of Zazel, see the corpses of his wife and father on law.. their blood never wash up from his arm-blades.
    The mirror won't shutter, and no matter where he turn his head, the mirror followed, proving that in the end... he was corrupted by ambition and selfishness, covering himself in scales of rightouse excuses, thick as his Katchin hide.
    At the corner of his eye, he has noticed a Shinjin.
    Here? In hell? What a beatiful being! Even the frown had beauty, of grim ubderstanding of what has to be done.
    He slithered, graceful despite his titanic size, and pled.
    He tightened himself to the ground, trying to humble himself as much as possible. "Oh, Lord of Pure Beauty! I beg you, shatter the cursed mirror and I'll be your eternal slave! Skin my preciouse skin off, command me do the vilest things- I'll do anything!' He begged and sobbed.
    Tsarbone knew it was wrong. It was ugly, weak and coward thing to do.
    But he had to do this ugly path, because he couldn't handle being aware of how ugly he was.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Artic chuckles. Come on, you make it too easy. No, the Earth's safe, I promise. He laughed again.

Masala, Arcos is a gas giant, I couldn't build a megastructure from it if I wanted to. Even though we've already defeated Entropy and completely halted the heat-death of the universe, the 'matter materialization' part is still being worked out.

Might want to visit Universe 3 one of these days, I think I could learn a lot from them.
    Save for the desire for cybernetics. Artic is biologically immortal now, but he has become wary of cybernetic enhancement, concerned that, in some ways, it's a slippery slope down the road off losing ones' soul to the machine, if such a thing were even theoretically possible.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Pinappla's Post
    Show
    The Saiyan, Pinappla:
    In comparison, let us observe Pinappla: She is sixteen, with a variety of interests such as playing digital card games, following the news and videos of her idol Jade Refera online, writing fan fiction, watching action movies, going out to restaurants to try special and exotic dishes, and reading webcomics. She is nervous, not good at socializing among saiyans and weak-willed and thus unattractive to the saiyans around her. Her room is spartan: Her bed is hard and without any form of comfort whatsoever, her only clothes are her saiyan armor that she must wash every day, and a Plant-Pad for all her computer needs, and a single punching bag over there in the corner she has named Punchbag-Kun. She does not live up to their warrior ideal, despite being tough enough to barely survive duel after duel. She is not dedicated to fighting, she is not obsessed with fighting and she is certainly not the best at it.

Despite all this, Pinappla must fight. She feels her very instincts, her blood constantly telling her: FIGHT! It is not something she can control. It is simply an urge that has been there since the day she was born, something deeper and more intrinsic to her being than any conscious thought. Such an urge is just as strong as the urge to mate, and neither of them can be truly satisfied. She could be the most demure and peaceful saiyan ever and she would still have the urge to fight, the carnal desire to punch someone in the face and feel her fists pounding against something. This leads to saiyans to viewing fighting as just as important as mating, and finding a rival as its own form of love. For normal saiyans the two urges of mating and fighting are on separate biological rhythms and they can healthily satisfy one without worrying about the other through having a mate and a rival.

Unfortunate saiyans however have these urges rise and fall at the same time, overwhelming them with mixed signals to both mate and fight at the same time, thus urging them to find someone who shares this mixed urge to be both their rival and mate, or to find creative ways to satisfy themselves. The topic of the saiyans fighting urge, or Fighting Spirit as they call it, is as complex as any such instinctual urge, with many variations upon this basic concept. There are even rare saiyans who are the fighting equivalent of asexual. Goku himself is a good example of a saiyan whose fighting instincts make him go through numerous sparring partners and rivals without ever settling down on one, sort of like a fighting nymphomaniac.

This Fighting Spirit will always be in Pinappla. It is a simple immutable fact of her biology. She can ignore it or resist for a time true, but it needs to be addressed at some point. Poor Punchbag-Kun, he endures her beatings admirably every day. However anyone can tell that poor, sweet, precious Punchbag-Kun is not long for this world and will soon be destroyed from her ever increasing strength. The kindly swinging bag himself says to Pinappla to forget about him and go forth and find a rival to take her punches, she cannot use him forever. She bids him farewell with a tear in her eye.

Thus despite her characteristics as a person, she goes out and fights, not out of any conscious desire but because her body demands it like any other natural process. This urge, this drive and the Zenkai boosts she gets from it are what has made her strong enough to be a warrior at all at this age despite lacking skill to use it effectively.

She has seen Vegeta's speech. She knows he intends to find Jade Refera, her idol. She must find a way for her to come on this trip. Pinappla will meet her. No matter what.
    While most of the (still uncommon) saiyan half-breeds are half-Tuffles, there are some who are mixed with other species. The most notable examples of this are the half-Nyagato, the offspring of a Saiyan (who loves food) and a skilled Nyagato chef. They were mostly the result of Vodkana's efforts to train Saiyan chefs, and one half-Nyagato Saiyan took this personally.

Her name was Katnep. Unlike many of her fellow half-Nyagato, she took more readily to the warrior's path than the chef's, and held an intense hatred for the chefs. After all, Nyagato warriors were treated as a far lower class than their chefs were. Thus, to her, Vodkana's attempt at training Saiyan chefs was nothing less than an attempt to completely overthrow the Saiyan race, with the Nyagato as their imminent new rulers. And she could not have that. So, like Pinappla, she wanted to go to Earth and meet the Rebel Alliance. Unlike Pinappla though, her mission was to stop Vodkana from overthrowing their culture ... by any means necessary.

After Vegeta's speech, Katnep looked around, seeking out her friend Pinappla. When she finally found her, she said, "So, we're definitely going to Earth, right?" Less as a question, and more as a statement of unquestionable fact.

----

[The Shining City]

While Tigra was technically providing security for the meeting, it was rather superfluous considering how powerful the participants were. She could have delegated it to one of her underlings in the Celestial Guard, but she knew Masala would be there, and it had been a long time since she'd seen her old friend. Wearing the traditional Celestial Guard armor, a light armor with a sun-motif (and, specifically for hers, plenty of curvy spikes), and with her Buster Scissors sheathed on her back, she was just finishing her patrol and poked her head into the conference room. Seeing Luxana and Shanakan were there, she entered and bowed formally.

"The perimeter is secure, madam. No intruders," she said. Then she spotted Masala and straightened up with a grin. "Hey Masala, long time no see!"

----

[Equestria]

Starlight stepped into her hut, finally finished with a long morning of taking care of her animals. She had recently rescued a mother dog and her litter from a bugbear attack, and while the others were busy repairing the damage form the attack, her job was to make sure the dogs recovered well and fully. She had just finished making sure they were well-fed when she glanced up at the clock and her eyes widened.

"Oh no! I'm late!" she remarked. She bent down and pet the mother dog. "You be good while I'm gone, okay? I should only be a few hours, but Berry Sweet is in the other room if you need anything, so just bark, okay?" Even though Berry Sweet was a ranking member of S.M.I.L.E., Starlight had managed to call in a favor while she was gone for all the work she'd done lately (as well as 10 years ago now). Starlight quickly made her way to the Mirror Portal, taking it to Earth. Once she'd reached Earth, she teleported to the Shining City, entering it via the proper entryways and quickly rushing into the conference room.

----

[The Shining City]

Starlight rushed into the conference room, panting slightly from running so hard to get there. "Hello everypony ... erm, everyone. Sorry I'm late," she said. "There was a bugbear attack in Vanhoover, and I've been busy taking care of a mother dog and her puppies until they recover."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-02-07 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Shining City
    "Heh, thats Starlight for ya- always the kindest one. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    So, we're all here. Anyone want to hear my tales of our odyssey across space? Maybe exchange info about what has been going on with each other? Celestia already knows all the stories I'm going to tell anyways, these all are stuff I wrote to her."

She gets out the book Celestia gave her, she still had it after ten years.
    "Heeey! Tigra!!"
    She bounds on over to her and hugs Tigra tightly.
    "Hahaha! I can finally do that now! Just.....be as tall as you and hug you at full height.
    I see your doing well for yourself! Hey......have you met my parents yet? I don't think you ever have, eleven years and I never got the chance to introduce you, weird. Oh right because I was planning on it when I got back from Talsaiga but then that whole Hailing thing happened! Oh well, no time like the present, Tigra these are my moms, Jade and Beryl Refera, Moms this my friend Tigra, she is a warrior who likes protecting people."

Jade gets and extends a hand, and Tigra could see a determination of steel in her eyes as strong as Tigra's own fiery determination within her self.
    "Nice to meet you Tigra....oh and nice sword."

Plant, Saiyan District
    The crowd of saiyans had descended into general celebration by now, and unfortunately for everyone saiyans party hard. They drink skull-smash, they brawl, they gamble, they gamble on drinking and brawling, they brawl over gambles, and various other strange mixes of the three. They tell ribald jokes, sings bawdy crass songs, they boast themselves up and they roast each other down, they are a rowdy crude bunch of bunches, with little impromptu fighting rings set up for wrestling, boxing, kick-boxing, the like while others throw axes at a target like darts in a little competition of aiming, while saiyans of both genders attempt to pick up a partner for fighting or for mating, with many responses invariably being a punch in the face, one would think this response is confusing but saiyans can tell the difference between a "sure lets do this" punch and a "get out my face and my life" punch. Subtle intricate language, saiyan punching is.

There are no responsible parents around. Because low class saiyans don't have families, and most don't know what a parent IS. The closest thing saiyans have to that at least in this day and age, are Drill Sergeants, meant to make you strong saiyan warriors by shouting at you all at once to drop and give them infinity pushups. No, they don't care about your feelings, they only care that you are STRONG and not lollygagging or not getting into trouble. If a Drill sergeant sees a teenager and child like you, they will take you away to where your SUPPOSED to be so that you be put through intense exercises and sparring. And that will NOT achieve your goals here. The saiyans around you however are equally dangerous- you do NOT want to get caught up in the revelry, even saiyan revelry is dangerous. Its like one giant tavern and everyone is a barbarian!

".....Y-yes. I must....I must get to Jade. I must show her....that I can be strong."
    Pinappla says nervously. Al her life she has been told she has been weak, that she wasn't a good warrior. But it didn't matter- if she could prove herself to Jade, she would be happy. A warrior who could take on Hailing- was not that greater than any saiyan warrior alive? The way she was confident and strong and....everything....Pinappla wished she could be that. She wished she had Katnep's confidence as well. She was glad that Katnep was her friend, always pushing her ever onwards. So Pinappla grabs onto the hope of meeting her idol and lights a tiny candle flame of Fighting Spirit. They were going to Earth!
    "Ok...think....uh....King Vegeta is probably evaluating us through some online record. I doubt he will take anyone that will prove detrimental to what he wants to do. So we find a way into his palace....then we sell him on taking us with him. Maybe we can ask the royal guards to get in?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Shining City
    "Heh, thats Starlight for ya- always the kindest one. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    So, we're all here. Anyone want to hear my tales of our odyssey across space? Maybe exchange info about what has been going on with each other? Celestia already knows all the stories I'm going to tell anyways, these all are stuff I wrote to her."

She gets out the book Celestia gave her, she still had it after ten years.
    "Ah, yes. Princess Celestia apologizes that she cannot make it, she has to entertain a delegation the Griffon Kingdom," Starlight replied. "Something about their idol being stolen, which, if it's true, could mean bad news for all of us. She also said that I 'should visit my old friends without my mentor breathing down my neck'," she added bemusedly.

Shining City
    "Heeey! Tigra!!"
    She bounds on over to her and hugs Tigra tightly.
    "Hahaha! I can finally do that now! Just.....be as tall as you and hug you at full height.
    I see your doing well for yourself! Hey......have you met my parents yet? I don't think you ever have, eleven years and I never got the chance to introduce you, weird. Oh right because I was planning on it when I got back from Talsaiga but then that whole Hailing thing happened! Oh well, no time like the present, Tigra these are my moms, Jade and Beryl Refera, Moms this my friend Tigra, she is a warrior who likes protecting people."

Jade gets and extends a hand, and Tigra could see a determination of steel in her eyes as strong as Tigra's own fiery determination within her self.
    "Nice to meet you Tigra....oh and nice sword."
    Tigra grinned and hugged Masala back. She reached out and shook Jade's hand with a firm grip. "Thanks! Masala made it for me. No one else can figure out how I even wield it, but I won the first Budokai tournament with it!"

Plant, Saiyan District
    ".....Y-yes. I must....I must get to Jade. I must show her....that I can be strong."
    Pinappla says nervously. Al her life she has been told she has been weak, that she wasn't a good warrior. But it didn't matter- if she could prove herself to Jade, she would be happy. A warrior who could take on Hailing- was not that greater than any saiyan warrior alive? The way she was confident and strong and....everything....Pinappla wished she could be that. She wished she had Katnep's confidence as well. She was glad that Katnep was her friend, always pushing her ever onwards. So Pinappla grabs onto the hope of meeting her idol and lights a tiny candle flame of Fighting Spirit. They were going to Earth!
    "Ok...think....uh....King Vegeta is probably evaluating us through some online record. I doubt he will take anyone that will prove detrimental to what he wants to do. So we find a way into his palace....then we sell him on taking us with him. Maybe we can ask the royal guards to get in?"
    Katnep silently rolled her eyes, but said nothing. Instead, she said, "Or, what if we beat his guards up? Then they'll see we're strong enough to come along!"

And this was why they were friends -- Katnep may have a superior fighting spirit, but her planning skills were somewhat lacking.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining City
    "......Ki allows to lift very heavy things so....I don't think its all that hard, but whatever. You took Masala? Good, she needs someone to keep her from getting a big head."
    "Hey! I heard that!"
    "Supposed to, my daughter, supposed to."
    Bery meanwhile says to Starlight.
    "Ah, sounds like you haven't read the things we wrote then. So whose up for a round of stories? I can think of a few off the top of my top of my head that stand out..."
    Would like to hear them piecemeal or all at once?

Saiyan District
    "Uh, Katnep, I don't think its a good idea to take on The Old Guard. The fact that live at all at how old they are is proof enough of their strength."
    The Old Guard, the name itself was a boast. Vegeta specifically picked out some of the oldest saiyans across all the clans to be his guard, many warriors don't reach their age, and these old warriors long learned that they don't need to seek fights- fights will eventually come to them, they had experience and wisdom that no younger warrior possessed and being guards of the king will make sure the fights come all the faster, more importantly they knew their glory days are behind them and therefore no longer took risks to attain it. And when one finally retires it was promised by King Vegeta himself that they would be given a space pod and funeral armor to wear so that they may seek out the god of destruction for one final fight of their lives, hoping to die gloriously against the greatest foe they ever known. A start of a tradition to make sure that they die a honorable death in battle, for no saiyan wants to die in bed or peacefully.
    "Look, the Old Guard will for certain accompany King Vegeta to Earth, they will want to see Vodkana as the future Goddess of Destruction- and therefore the person they will probably go to deaths fighting in a glorious final battle. So perhaps you can use that to convince them to let them pass?"
    She takes her hand starts walking.
    "Come on, lets at least go before someone tries to get us drunk on Skull-Smash. Or.... worse."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

As everyone had arrived and was settling in/talking, Max did a little quick fiddling with the wall panel to deploy snacks. From hidden wall tubes, little Roomba-like robots rolled in with snacks on their lids, rolling over to the table and lifting the food into place with thin, weak looking little robotic arms that extended out from their little circular bodies. A steady procession of the little robots filled the table and filed out of the room, adding what Max considered classic Earth snacks to the things Vodkana had brought. While they were admittedly not brimming with power, the snacks did range from chips/crisps to ice cream, from the realm of salty pretzels to sweet chocolate bars, from complicated confections like the in universe equivalent to a snickers, to the simple sugar rush provided by cotton candy. Of course, the drinks ran the range of alcoholic to carbonated, even including some simple fruit juices and water. Suffice to say, the drinks were cooled, and when the little roombas were done with their procession of food, one of the previously blank walls flipped around to reveal a well stocked bar and an automated bar tending robot. It was not a sapient machine intelligence (that would be torture), but it could prepare drinks and take verbal commands. It could also give high fives.

With food taken care of, between the snacks and what Vodkana brought, Max settled into one of the large, floofy seats and let out a, "Wooo, story time! If you have pictures we can project them if you want."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shining City

"......Ki allows to lift very heavy things so....I don't think its all that hard, but whatever. You took Masala? Good, she needs someone to keep her from getting a big head."

"Hey! I heard that!"

"Supposed to, my daughter, supposed to."
    "Actually, I think it's less about weight and more about unwieldiness. One might be tempted to wield it like a normal blade, but then it seems like it has that second blade just flopping about, and wielding it by both handles at once seems ... impractical."

Tigra, meanwhile, decided to remain silent about the whole "Goddess Masala" thing after all. "Heh, yeah, it's fun to see some of the rookies fall flat on their butts with it. Though I must be careful that they don't accidentally slice off a limb."

Bery meanwhile says to Starlight.

"Ah, sounds like you haven't read the things we wrote then. So whose up for a round of stories? I can think of a few off the top of my top of my head that stand out..."

Would like to hear them piecemeal or all at once?
    (Probably piecemeal.)

Starlight shook her head. "Princess Celestia said that if you weren't sending me the letters too, then you were probably saving it for storytime or something. Which reminds me, why didn't you come to visit? I tried to visit you, but I had no idea where you were!"

Saiyan District

"Uh, Katnep, I don't think its a good idea to take on The Old Guard. The fact that live at all at how old they are is proof enough of their strength."

The Old Guard, the name itself was a boast. Vegeta specifically picked out some of the oldest saiyans across all the clans to be his guard, many warriors don't reach their age, and these old warriors long learned that they don't need to seek fights- fights will eventually come to them, they had experience and wisdom that no younger warrior possessed and being guards of the king will make sure the fights come all the faster, more importantly they knew their glory days are behind them and therefore no longer took risks to attain it. And when one finally retires it was promised by King Vegeta himself that they would be given a space pod and funeral armor to wear so that they may seek out the god of destruction for one final fight of their lives, hoping to die gloriously against the greatest foe they ever known. A start of a tradition to make sure that they die a honorable death in battle, for no saiyan wants to die in bed or peacefully.

"Look, the Old Guard will for certain accompany King Vegeta to Earth, they will want to see Vodkana as the future Goddess of Destruction- and therefore the person they will probably go to deaths fighting in a glorious final battle. So perhaps you can use that to convince them to let them pass?"

She takes her hand starts walking.

"Come on, lets at least go before someone tries to get us drunk on Skull-Smash. Or.... worse."
    Katnip's eyes darkened at the mention of Vodkana. "Maybe I should tell him the truth," she considered. "Surely he would not deny my desire for justice, to confront her."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Shining City: Story Time.
    They didn't visit? One would think it assumed that they did for the holidays, at the very least for Christmas but whatever.
    "Oh, sorry! we were busy with seeing so many planets....I thought the Celestia would share the locations with you. They're all in the journal."
    She looked at Max
    "Well well. Someone's eager. Very well, I'll give this story to start off, I originally sent all of these stories to Celestia so I'll be adapting them to fit this:
    She connects the projector with her cybernetic mind so it starts projecting images of her memories of places.
    Spoiler: Entry: Planet Sand
    Show

"We traveled to Planet Sand, a mostly desert planet. The inhabitants here are known as Whytalites, and there are humanoid species that evolved from whiptail lizards. This is interesting because they are all female, there is not a single male one of the species. They technically reproduce asexually but still undergo the courtship process of finding love that other species do to enhance the process. The downside of course is all that all offspring are clones the mother regardless and there the civilization is in danger of disease due to a lack of genetic diversity."
    An image is projected of lizard-looking green women on a desert-like planet, with Jade, Beryl and a younger Masala much closer to how she was ten years ago meeting them.
    "Despite this, the species reproduces more than humans, at three-to-four children by laying eggs, per term. Even as we touch down there are young Whytalites being sent off in many numbers to make their fortunes out there in the rest of the galaxy to make sure the population of Sand doesn't go out of control. The high reproduction rate is probably to make sure there are as many of them to survive as possible perhaps? As we tour around their capital they name Paradise for it being essentially a giant oasis, apparently they used to be ruled by an elite class of nobility that considered all Whytalite commoners expendable due to the genetic similarity and high reproduction and fast maturation rate, and had secretly been producing genetically varied children with another two gendered lizard race they had kept secret as slaves from the rest of them, but were overthrown in a revolution."
    Next are shown images of a capital with palm trees, flowing stone architecture mixed with galactic tech, all built around a big lake of an oasis, of young Whytalites waving goodbye to near identical parents as they go off on ships to distant planets, and the Referas trying out the local quisine which was mostly giant bugs and having disgusted looks on their faces except for Masala.
    "Ironically this revolution happened because of Hailing. Under the old nobility, the Whytalites were very warlike and caste-based and instead sent their youth out as soldiers to fight on distant planets wars to control the population. The Whytalite soldiers reports of Hailing just plain destroying planets without any care for fighting the soldiers was ignored by the nobility, thinking that their armies could defeat him and that they could fight a war forever with their high reproduction rate, but apparently some commoners who received their communications for the nobility thought otherwise and overthrew them to beg for his mercy when he came around. Now Whytalites just send them out to find jobs and make money wherever they find themselves. The Whytalites we met nevertheless thanked us for taking him out, Whytalites just considered him another tyrant as a portion of their soldiers were always sent to fighting in the Arcosian Empire's forces as expendable troops as a form of taxes.

Guess tyranny is tyranny no matter who it is."

The images shown now are images of Whytalite soldiers training, the Referas talking with various whytalites who recognize them and the last image is of them standing in front of a statue honoring those spearheaded the revolution to save their planet with their arms around some other whytalites, while the modern whytalites wear normal clothes of varying styles smiling, the statues all seem to be wearing identical jump suits.

Saiyan District
    "......Hopefully not."
    Pinappla says, unsure of what Vegeta will think of such a thing. She was nothing but a low class warrior, and knew not the mind of their new King.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-02-08 at 03:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Ten Years Later - Emperor Apfel

To say the first few days of Apfel's reign were good, would be to undersell it. As far as the untold quintillions of Imperial citizens and those outside, literally anyone else was a vast improvement, this made him extraordinarily popular. The fact that he actually did act benevolently and mercifully was merely icing on the cake. Others attempted to ride the wave, claiming to be secret allies of the Rebel Alliance, riding the wave of Apfel's popularity to advance their own political career. Very few actually were, of course, and a surprising amount of the Imperial bureaucracy was devoted to making sure nobody had too much undue influence. Naturally those who supported and recognized Apfel's claim to the throne as legitimate and aided in the peaceful transition of power were justly rewarded, but they were not immune to the lure of greed, putting the new Emperor in the awkward position of finding a balance between rewarding allies and discouraging greed. Consistency was the key here, and he made it clear: Those who deserve it are rewarded what they are owed, and no more.

This was to be a welcome alternative for what is to come. Once the honeymoon wore off, the lack of the true glue that held the vast Arcosian Empire together now missing became obvious to those willing to take advantage. Hailing was infamous for destroying worlds on a whim, and throughout the known universe, tales exist of great revolutions and tyrants who rose to control their world, including Apfel himself, just to throw themselves at the mercy of Hailing. Fear kept everyone in line, fear of the Empire's Emperor. Fear beyond reason that he is still just one man, who could not be everywhere at once.

Though he is as strong, and as perfectly equipped to destroy planets, who is afraid of Emperor Apfel?

Some were reasonable. Some took the outward friendliness but firmness of the new Emperor, and his new proclamations, speaking out against the old Hailing regime and proposals for a vaguely defined decentralized universe at face-value and sought diplomatic means to peacefully secede, something the Incirrian was no less than thrilled to accommodate. However many planets, subsectors, and even entire sectors went into revolt, attempting to declare their independence from the Empire. While allowing them to simply break off might have been the simplest solution, it projects political and military weakness while suggesting a double-standard for the rule-of-law, to say nothing of the fact that these revolutions were rarely peaceful. As regrettable as it was, he was forced to bring the hammer of the Empire down upon them, while him and his officials consistently kept an open door to the rebels, broadcasting their desire for peace.

What made this even more interesting was the increasing frequency in which the military would refuse orders. Imperial Auxillary forces composed of non-Arcosian forces, of which made up the vast, vast majority of the Empire, did not have this problem, but the core Arcosian forces were much more difficult. While many happily did their jobs, many, out of a sense of nationalism, loathed how the great civilization of their people, the Arcosian Empire, was in the hands of an Incirrian, who wasn't building it up, but rather, in their eyes, managing its decline! As a matter of official State policy!

Naturally those that were unable or unwilling to do their jobs were fired, but skirmishes between Loyalist and Nationalist forces have been reported and tensions are quite high.

One thing that Apfel always wondered about is Hailing's power. Not how high it was, that was obvious. Hailing trained, hard, before he united Arcos under his Empire and set out for the stars. What he was curious about was how low it was. While 4 million, peaking at 300 million at maximum power is huge by any reasonable standard of measurement, he had been that way for decades. He plateaued harder than anyone he had ever seen. He wondered if Hailing had simply reached the limit of his physical abilities, but with his awakened psychic potential, he knew that simply wasn't true.

No, the real answer was that Hailing was too busy. Yes, he did spend a lot of time on frivolous activities, he did take his role as Emperor seriously. He'd seen it first-hand. It's amazing that he was able to maintain his level of power at all, as Apfel himself felt his own power decline, both from being unable to keep up his training, and his aging body. He had developed arthritis in his left arm, and became near-sighted, requiring glasses to be able to see. Though still tremendously strong and still able to enter his Awakened state, he is noticeably weaker than he was in the battle against Hailing.

However all was not in decline, as Apfel took on a new wife, following the late Traube's recommendations. Frutta is a Coral Incirrian and was Apfel's chief-of-staff while he was Segmentum Governor, and though their relationship was purely professional at first, as she transitioned into her role in Apfel's Imperial administration, the two began courting, and eventually married. He has since fathered a son, Appel.

The Shining City

A very common story, i'm afraid. Artic muttered. Who can blame them? Facing planetary annihilation for resistance is all but guaranteed to end poorly. At least now, people have a chance to rebuild.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    The Shining City

As everyone had arrived and was settling in/talking, Max did a little quick fiddling with the wall panel to deploy snacks. From hidden wall tubes, little Roomba-like robots rolled in with snacks on their lids, rolling over to the table and lifting the food into place with thin, weak looking little robotic arms that extended out from their little circular bodies. A steady procession of the little robots filled the table and filed out of the room, adding what Max considered classic Earth snacks to the things Vodkana had brought. While they were admittedly not brimming with power, the snacks did range from chips/crisps to ice cream, from the realm of salty pretzels to sweet chocolate bars, from complicated confections like the in universe equivalent to a snickers, to the simple sugar rush provided by cotton candy. Of course, the drinks ran the range of alcoholic to carbonated, even including some simple fruit juices and water. Suffice to say, the drinks were cooled, and when the little roombas were done with their procession of food, one of the previously blank walls flipped around to reveal a well stocked bar and an automated bar tending robot. It was not a sapient machine intelligence (that would be torture), but it could prepare drinks and take verbal commands. It could also give high fives.

With food taken care of, between the snacks and what Vodkana brought, Max settled into one of the large, floofy seats and let out a, "Wooo, story time! If you have pictures we can project them if you want."
    Starlight smiled at Max and Vodkana as they served the food, eagerly taking some of the spicy cheese balls.

"Hi Vodkana!" she said with a big hug. "It's great to see you again!" Of course, Vodkana was the one she'd visited most over the ten-year gap. Not only did Vodkana serve her as a maid four two years (after which there was another tearful goodbye), not only did they also both apprentice to Princess Luna during that time (for different reasons), but she also visited the goddess on Planet Hailing occasionally, albeit in a humanoid disguise so as not to be recognized or mobbed -- she learned her lesson the first time the hard way. Still, it was good to see her again, he had been quite a few months by this point.

Shining City: Story Time.

They didn't visit? One would think it assumed that they did for the holidays, at the very least for Christmas but whatever.

"Oh, sorry! we were busy with seeing so many planets....I thought the Celestia would share the locations with you. They're all in the journal."

She looked at Max

"Well well. Someone's eager. Very well, I'll give this story to start off, I originally sent all of these stories to Celestia so I'll be adapting them to fit this:

She connects the projector with her cybernetic mind so it starts projecting images of her memories of places.

Spoiler: Entry: Planet Sand
    Show
    "We traveled to Planet Sand, a mostly desert planet. The inhabitants here are known as Whytalites, and there are humanoid species that evolved from whiptail lizards. This is interesting because they are all female, there is not a single male one of the species. They technically reproduce asexually but still undergo the courtship process of finding love that other species do to enhance the process. The downside of course is all that all offspring are clones the mother regardless and there the civilization is in danger of disease due to a lack of genetic diversity."

An image is projected of lizard-looking green women on a desert-like planet, with Jade, Beryl and a younger Masala much closer to how she was ten years ago meeting them.

"Despite this, the species reproduces more than humans, at three-to-four children by laying eggs, per term. Even as we touch down there are young Whytalites being sent off in many numbers to make their fortunes out there in the rest of the galaxy to make sure the population of Sand doesn't go out of control. The high reproduction rate is probably to make sure there are as many of them to survive as possible perhaps? As we tour around their capital they name Paradise for it being essentially a giant oasis, apparently they used to be ruled by an elite class of nobility that considered all Whytalite commoners expendable due to the genetic similarity and high reproduction and fast maturation rate, and had secretly been producing genetically varied children with another two gendered lizard race they had kept secret as slaves from the rest of them, but were overthrown in a revolution."

Next are shown images of a capital with palm trees, flowing stone architecture mixed with galactic tech, all built around a big lake of an oasis, of young Whytalites waving goodbye to near identical parents as they go off on ships to distant planets, and the Referas trying out the local quisine which was mostly giant bugs and having disgusted looks on their faces except for Masala.

"Ironically this revolution happened because of Hailing. Under the old nobility, the Whytalites were very warlike and caste-based and instead sent their youth out as soldiers to fight on distant planets wars to control the population. The Whytalite soldiers reports of Hailing just plain destroying planets without any care for fighting the soldiers was ignored by the nobility, thinking that their armies could defeat him and that they could fight a war forever with their high reproduction rate, but apparently some commoners who received their communications for the nobility thought otherwise and overthrew them to beg for his mercy when he came around. Now Whytalites just send them out to find jobs and make money wherever they find themselves. The Whytalites we met nevertheless thanked us for taking him out, Whytalites just considered him another tyrant as a portion of their soldiers were always sent to fighting in the Arcosian Empire's forces as expendable troops as a form of taxes.

Guess tyranny is tyranny no matter who it is."

The images shown now are images of Whytalite soldiers training, the Referas talking with various whytalites who recognize them and the last image is of them standing in front of a statue honoring those spearheaded the revolution to save their planet with their arms around some other whytalites, while the modern whytalites wear normal clothes of varying styles smiling, the statues all seem to be wearing identical jump suits.
    Oh, no doubt they did, especially given that Hearth's Warming was on a different day than Christmas. But still! They probably saved their stories for the reunion or something.

Starlight nodded along with the story, listening closely. "Hmmm, that sounds somewhat similar to the beginning of the Enlightenment Era for the gryphons, which was just a few years ago. Actually, I had to help quell a group of anarchist gryphons just a couple of weeks ago, they were bent on returning to their old ways of greed and selfishness, I wonder if they might have something to do with the recent theft...."

Saiyan District

"......Hopefully not."

Pinappla says, unsure of what Vegeta will think of such a thing. She was nothing but a low class warrior, and knew not the mind of their new King.
    Katnep marched towards the palace, saluting to the guards. While humans might act submissively to them, a saiyan cannot afford to look week. Therefore, she saluted the guards with respect, but also firmly and with confidence. "We desire an audience with King Vegeta," she said to them.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining City
    "Indeed Artic, all too common.....but now its time for a story that is a little more rare, a least in my personal opinion:"
    Spoiler: Entry: Planet Stone
    Show

"We come to a place named Planet Stone, a place of life based on silicates (or silicon oxides if you want to be precise). It is, to be frank a very strange planet to our point of view. We mostly observed it from the space station above as the place is about 10 times bigger then Earth and its atmosphere is incredibly hot and crushingly dense. The life forms here seem to move at normal speeds but at molten-glass temperatures, or move at normal temperatures but at a literally geological speed."
    The first image shows an image of the planet: rocky continents devoid of anything one think of as plants and entire oceans of lava flowing across its surface. A tower-like space station orbits above it, outfitted with solar panels
    "From what we observed everything is crystalline down there, if weren't for the photos of the still-as-statue life down there and the footprints they made, you'd think this whole place was carved from geodes as some cosmic prank by some long forgotten ki-user. The space station here is a bunch of scientists dedicated to studying the place, tracking the slow movements of the life upon it, they showed me footprints of a few certain life forms that they are still observing today, the footprints apparently dating back hundreds or even thousands of years. They think that there is a sapient race down there of silicates that simply move at geological speeds at normal temperatures and thus live longer, but experience time very differently to us. Meanwhile their oceans are of lava and apparently the same race can go into a molten form that moves normally based upon them finding rare footage of one of them falling into it, but due to the very temperatures involved no one can get close. The scientists are still trying to figure out how to contact them. They seem to consider it a challenge to try and learn as much as they can about those they term “Silicon Men”."
    The next images are of a crystalline environment through binoculars and telescopes, while they looked like strange growing crystals you could see orange veins of magma flowing through the the crystals if you look close enough. Next are shown images of the lava oceans with their serpentine molten forms jumping in and out, and finally an image of a Silicon Man at normal temperatures: an 8 foot tall man-shaped mass of multicolored crystals spikily jutting out everywhere from duller rocks also with magma veins, frozen in the act of walking while very old footprints in the hot stone, trail behind it.
    "I ended up saving one of the slow moving Silicon Men later when we observed a bunch of thieves kidnapping one to try and sell it to someone rich as an exotic statue. The scientists thankfully helped me put the Silicon Man back where it was by guiding me. I hope the Silicon Man is happy, because I could not communicate with it due to the vast time differences, whatever it is intending to do, I hope it eventually achieves it. The whole affair must've been like a near blink of an eye to it, a sudden shock then suddenly everything was back to normal before it could do anything. Odd how I'll never know that one's story, and it will only have the barest inkling of my own. I guess the Arcosian Empire never bothered doing anything to the planet because how could people who literally move at geological speeds outside of lava ever be a threat to you? These beings are hardier than most organisms yet they more in danger of being destroyed simply because they are so slow normally.

But whatever, I saved it from being a glorified statue far from home while us normal organisms speed past in a blur around it, gawking and wondering at what its thinking. Thats got to count for something right?"

The next images show Jade punching out said kidnappers then setting down the same Silicon Man to make sure its back in place.

Saiyan District
    "Two young lassie-lasses?" says one with a greying mustache. "what is all this then? What would two young lasses want an audience with young King Vegeta eh? Y'know aside from the obvious."
    "Ah shut it ya old codger" the older woman besides him grouses "The young King is an angry oozaru ready to rage half the time and a hotheaded young monkey thinking he can take on the world the other half, there is no way any sane lass falls for him for long."
    "You kiddin', you ol' girl? Thats like....his entire charm, the bad boy thing y'know?"
    "We're not here for that!" Pinappla says while waving her arms
    "We.....here to know.....try and convince him to let us go on the diplomacy trip to Earth, we want to meet Jade Refera and Vodkana for reasons of our own."
    "Aaaaaah. That explains it. Hm. Hm, two young lasses wanting to go duel some of the most powerful people in the galaxy? Thats takes tail, it does."
    "Yes. Tell you what, young lasses, we like your spirit: there is a special brew of skull-smash they are sellin' only today at that celebration outside. It takes some time to brew such things and the quantities are always limited, and we have guard duty so we connoisseurs can't get them ourselves, its called The First King's Crash. You get us a bottle of that for us by the end of the day to share off-duty and we'll allow you in and give advice on who to seek first to get that audience."
    "Sounds like a deal....come on....they're pretty easy to find....hopefully we can get it, we mgiht have to fight a dude to get one..."
    Yup, you have to go get what is essentially gourmet beer. Luckily with your fine saiyan and nyagato senses you have already seen, noted and remembered where they are selling that, because people who love food that much are just that good at doing so. Its anything but an issue for someone who loves food as much as you.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-02-09 at 02:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana gasped, and hugged Starlight. "Mistress! You made it!" she teased her.
    "Though, I have forgotten my maid uniforms at home. Nyahaha." Vodkana laughed. She hoped Starlight wasn't updated on her recent actions...
    she was such a goody horseshoes.

"Tigra Sama!!!" Puffy woke up from his daze, and knelt before her. "You are even more beatiful than the last time I have seen you!"

Vodkana listened and enjoyed Jade and Beryl's stories. They were quite new- they probably didn't felt need to repeat the older stories.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son, It's Alright

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    The Shining City

Vodkana gasped, and hugged Starlight. "Mistress! You made it!" she teased her. "Though, I have forgotten my maid uniforms at home. Nyahaha." Vodkana laughed. She hoped Starlight wasn't updated on her recent actions ... she was such a goody horseshoes.
    Starlight was indeed unaware of her more recent actions, although based on reports from Princess Luna, she could take a guess. She was actually proud of Vodkana for resorting to illusions, instead of acting on her destructive impulses. That was neither here nor there though.

"Knowing you, Vodkana, I'm rather surprised you don't have one at hoof 24/7," she teased back.

"Tigra Sama!!!" Puffy woke up from his daze, and knelt before her. "You are even more beautiful than the last time I have seen you!"
    Tigra was somewhat flustered at this, but she coolly responded by petting him on the head.

"Uh, thanks," she replied. Then she turned her attention to the Referas. "Even I must admit, all this talk of space is a little over my head," she admitted. "It beggars belief that there is so much beyond our own world, when we know so little of our own."

"Indeed Artic, all too common.....but now its time for a story that is a little more rare, a least in my personal opinion:"

Spoiler: Entry: Planet Stone
    Show
    "We come to a place named Planet Stone, a place of life based on silicates (or silicon oxides if you want to be precise). It is, to be frank a very strange planet to our point of view. We mostly observed it from the space station above as the place is about 10 times bigger then Earth and its atmosphere is incredibly hot and crushingly dense. The life forms here seem to move at normal speeds but at molten-glass temperatures, or move at normal temperatures but at a literally geological speed."

The first image shows an image of the planet: rocky continents devoid of anything one think of as plants and entire oceans of lava flowing across its surface. A tower-like space station orbits above it, outfitted with solar panels

"From what we observed everything is crystalline down there, if weren't for the photos of the still-as-statue life down there and the footprints they made, you'd think this whole place was carved from geodes as some cosmic prank by some long forgotten ki-user. The space station here is a bunch of scientists dedicated to studying the place, tracking the slow movements of the life upon it, they showed me footprints of a few certain life forms that they are still observing today, the footprints apparently dating back hundreds or even thousands of years. They think that there is a sapient race down there of silicates that simply move at geological speeds at normal temperatures and thus live longer, but experience time very differently to us. Meanwhile their oceans are of lava and apparently the same race can go into a molten form that moves normally based upon them finding rare footage of one of them falling into it, but due to the very temperatures involved no one can get close. The scientists are still trying to figure out how to contact them. They seem to consider it a challenge to try and learn as much as they can about those they term “Silicon Men”."

The next images are of a crystalline environment through binoculars and telescopes, while they looked like strange growing crystals you could see orange veins of magma flowing through the the crystals if you look close enough. Next are shown images of the lava oceans with their serpentine molten forms jumping in and out, and finally an image of a Silicon Man at normal temperatures: an 8 foot tall man-shaped mass of multicolored crystals spikily jutting out everywhere from duller rocks also with magma veins, frozen in the act of walking while very old footprints in the hot stone, trail behind it.

"I ended up saving one of the slow moving Silicon Men later when we observed a bunch of thieves kidnapping one to try and sell it to someone rich as an exotic statue. The scientists thankfully helped me put the Silicon Man back where it was by guiding me. I hope the Silicon Man is happy, because I could not communicate with it due to the vast time differences, whatever it is intending to do, I hope it eventually achieves it. The whole affair must've been like a near blink of an eye to it, a sudden shock then suddenly everything was back to normal before it could do anything. Odd how I'll never know that one's story, and it will only have the barest inkling of my own. I guess the Arcosian Empire never bothered doing anything to the planet because how could people who literally move at geological speeds outside of lava ever be a threat to you? These beings are hardier than most organisms yet they more in danger of being destroyed simply because they are so slow normally.

But whatever, I saved it from being a glorified statue far from home while us normal organisms speed past in a blur around it, gawking and wondering at what its thinking. That's got to count for something right?"

The next images show Jade punching out said kidnappers then setting down the same Silicon Man to make sure its back in place.
    Starlight tapped her chin with a hoof, considering the rather fascinating puzzle provided by this new species. "....Would it surprise you to learn that I already have some ideas on how to communicate with them?" she asked sheepishly.

Saiyan District

"Two young lassie-lasses?" says one with a greying mustache. "what is all this then? What would two young lasses want an audience with young King Vegeta eh? Y'know aside from the obvious."

"Ah shut it ya old codger" the older woman besides him grouses "The young King is an angry oozaru ready to rage half the time and a hotheaded young monkey thinking he can take on the world the other half, there is no way any sane lass falls for him for long."

"You kiddin', you ol' girl? Thats like....his entire charm, the bad boy thing y'know?"

"We're not here for that!" Pinappla says while waving her arms

"We.....here to know.....try and convince him to let us go on the diplomacy trip to Earth, we want to meet Jade Refera and Vodkana for reasons of our own."

"Aaaaaah. That explains it. Hm. Hm, two young lasses wanting to go duel some of the most powerful people in the galaxy? That takes tail, it does."

"Yes. Tell you what, young lasses, we like your spirit: there is a special brew of skull-smash they are sellin' only today at that celebration outside. It takes some time to brew such things and the quantities are always limited, and we have guard duty so we connoisseurs can't get them ourselves, its called The First King's Crash. You get us a bottle of that for us by the end of the day to share off-duty and we'll allow you in and give advice on who to seek first to get that audience."

"Sounds like a deal....come on....they're pretty easy to find....hopefully we can get it, we might have to fight a dude to get one..."

Yup, you have to go get what is essentially gourmet beer. Luckily with your fine saiyan and nyagato senses you have already seen, noted and remembered where they are selling that, because people who love food that much are just that good at doing so. It's anything but an issue for someone who loves food as much as you.
    Katnep shrugged. "Bring it," she replied. She then began making her way back to the festivities, looking to secure some of that brew.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining City:
    "If you can figure out a way, then by all means, do whatever Starlight. I only tell these stories because they're interesting. Oddly enough I encountered metallic beings that while moving at normal speeds, had different things that made them unable to defend themselves against the wider galaxy...." She tells her third story:
    Spoiler: Entry: Planet Steam
    Show

"We came to one of the stranger planets, even considering Planet Stone. Planet Steam is home to a race of called the Metalmen. They are literally giant men of metal, looking like big robots but I'm told that they are indeed natural formed organisms. Somehow they drink and spit lava. Furthermore when I fought some of them in friendly duels, they were pretty much invulnerable- no matter how hard I hit them, there was not a scratch on any of them, and they were far stronger than humans. Yet they cannot use Ki and are unable to fly. Despite their invulnerability even to my attacks, they weren't a threat to the wider universe simply because they are incapable of using ki and thus can't be as mobile or as dangerous."
    She shows images of a race of beings resembling Auta Magetta. They big cumbersome looking metallic being with friendly faces that are much bigger than humans. Their homes they live in are even bigger, and their entire planet is full of strange steam-like looking fauna growing everywhere, the Referas look small compared to everything around them.
    "Like they are incredibly strong all by themselves, I don't think they need Ki to fight one who does, and if Hailing blew up their planet all he would've gotten is a bunch of Metalmen floating around in space blowing hot steam at him without being scratched. Yet they'd still be unable to do anything about it. But their lack of flight and Ki are not their biggest weaknesses. No I made the mistake of insulting one of them during pre-battle trash talk they immediately broken down crying. I apologized and quickly learned that the Metalmen are in fact very sensitive to even one insult, having no emotional armor at all. They are so used to physical altercations not hurting at all that the thought of manipulating anyone emotionally never occurred them. If there was a dispute they just punch each other until they get tired, neither of them harmed and then they both laugh and get some lava to drink then talk it out reasonably."
    Images of a crying metalman while a concerned Beryl comforts them, another of two Metalmen wordlessly just standing next to each other-and red one and blue one- and duking it out, then out an image of them being tired of but neither of them injured then grabbing big tankards of lava and drinking and laughing with each other.
    "I tried teaching some to become mentally stronger to match their hard bodies so that they could defend their planet. I'm not sure how successful I was. Beryl did give them suggestion of using earmuffs in battle, which might be good for blocking out the biggest weakness of them. In other news, I don't how Metalmen reproduce but I suspect I don't particularly want to find out."
    There is some images of Jade trying to teach them the path of the protector and how to fight- the Metalmen while appreciating it, but didn't seemed a little confused, not knowing what to do.
    "The rest of their planet is similarly strange. It is full of flora and fauna that are metallic and capable of withstanding my blows more than most before they go down, and the Metalmen seemed to have evolved to be able to be immune to their constant attacks of their environment. Attacks that I have to dodge, they simply shrug off with no effort. I suspect that the Metalmen might be some ancient races experiment in technological terraforming giving rise to robots that grow and behave like life, but for some reason people insist that they are natural born race. Perhaps it is best that the Metalmen are so friendly, I'd dread them having the emotional and ki-based capabilities of even humanity, given their uniquely high defenses."
    The final images are of them exploring Planet Steam, going through strange grows of steam pipes and seeing giant predatory beasts and their small steamy prey. lava and water flow through the metallic-organic pipes in equal measure, big rocky mountains, as well as vast ridgelike canyons. The final images are of a gigantic steelix like serpent rising out of one of said canyons and hissing out steam everywhere then lunging forward to attack, the Referas dodging out of the way- but their Metalman guide just laughs and gives the titanic serpent a single well-placed punch, sending it crashing back into the great abyss below.

"I like the Metalman's language!" Masala says "Its so beautiful, here I'll speak it I'm fluent: chupo! chuchuchuchupopopopopo, chupopopochu, chuchupopopochupo..."
    Jade just shakes her head and says as an aside.
    "Thats...all they ever say. You learn to interpret it after a while. No I don't know how it works either."

Saiyan District
    You soon find the skull-smash seller at the festivities.
    "Hey uh.....do you like have any First King's Crash left?"
    "Sorry, I sold the last to that guy over there. Said he planned sharing it with a lady friend...."
    Cut to a saiyan kind of young but older than Pinappla, constantly trying to pick up women around him with such lame likes "hey, wanna....fight in a duel together?" or "duel and dinner later?" or "babe you must be a fist because you punch my weakness away." or "My pleasure level is over 9000 when your around." or "Together our power is maximum in the ring." you get the idea, just....completely horrible. and desperate.
    "....but I find it unlikely he'll get to do that regardless."
    Pinappla walks over to him and says sweetly
    "Hey, me and my friend need that bottle of skull-smash, would a big saiyan like you mind giving it to us? Pretty please?"
    "What? No, I don't go for jailbait." huh, he is observant and does have standards, good on him.
    "Well then we challenge you for it."
    "Ha! Everyone knows you always lose, your Pinappla, it won't be a good fight for me and I don't feel like humiliating you right now."
    "I won't be fighting though, you'll be fighting Katnep here. She beats you, you give us the skull-smash."
    "but shes only ten!"
    "So? what are you afraid she'll beat you? To be fair, she is the better fighter of us both. Would make sense for you to turn down fighting her, obviously you could never beat her, cause my friend Katnep here, she beats losers like you at any contest and doesn't afraid of anything! Tens year old is only ten years more badass than you will ever be!"
    Pinappla says, playing the hype-woman role here.
    "Yeah well, I, Aygplen, have like, totally fought a thousand battles, you could never beat me at anything, state your contest Katnep. My only condition is that if its a duel that there is no ki-blasts. Its kind of crowded and one stray blast will make this break out into a battle royale."
    Aygplen has like, totally not fought that amount of battles ever. Pitiful is the saiyan that needs to be their own hype-man. He sets the skull-smash aside so that its safe. You can either choose a full duel or something like an arm wrestle if you want to make this fast.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana laughed. "Actually I have city sized wardobe... nyaynya.." and she sighed. "Which sound awesome, but isn't very practical. And starting to devolp catelogs, would make it too formal to be fun." Vodkana has explained the lack of her maid uniforms right now.

She listened to the story. "Hmm metalic planets? Those could be great addition to Hailing Planet! Nya!" She said with excitment. "Hmmm... I have missed so much, though crazy stories aren't rare on Hailing Planet either. Especialy since I determined to stand for our policiy:'If you think it's fun, we'l provide it. Nyanya. You won't believe what people asked for."

Puffy sighed, and his eyes turned to hearts again.

Fuzzy kept oggling over Tarasai.

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining City:
    Jade shrugged at Vodkana's mention of the Hailing planet. What was it with rich people and wasteful displays like that? She didn't get it, oh well.
    "Anyways, as we traveled, we start noticing something....my fame. This is the story of how I first noticed that my fame was getting far larger than I ever imagined:"
    Spoiler: Entry: Jungle Colony, New Trion
    Show

"We are exploring the more wild parts the galaxy at this point, the untamed frontier. Beryl has gotten good at flying the ship, as well as repairing it. There are so many planets that aren't even fully colonized or tamed. On one jungle planet we come across a town of Trionians, since they were freed from slavery they had all worked out how to get back together and found a colony to restart their race again. They were adapting to the technology in their own ways, if with some difficulty. They still practiced cannibalism as a funerary rite though, guess they were trying to hold onto whatever culture they could after what the Empire did to them. Iris would be happy to hear the news, I think. Some of them were learning science under brenchite teachers and all of them were really good at jobs that need handwork to succeed, guess when you have four arms and three eyes a lot of hands-on jobs become easier."
    Images of Beryl repairing the ship, of trionians working in new built places with current technology, much of it still in progress and a brenchite standing beside some of them as they work on this or that.
    "However we came at the same time they were being attacked by pirates. Now we defended a lot of places from space pirates. The fights themselves aren't all that interesting, the pirates are weak to compared to us and we basically mop the floor with them. It is when I come across and fight the leader he proclaimed.
    “What!? Its Rainbow-Saber Refera! Why is she here!?”
    I've never heard that before. I also never heard my name this far out. I was known, this far out, even here? I defeated him anyways and tied them all up and teleported them to the nearest prison regardless, but it surprised me that I am becoming so well known. The fact that I apparently have a moniker of “Rainbow Saber” is interesting I guess. Apparently my fight against Hailing left a big impression on those who saw it."

Images are of Beryl blasting many pirates out of the sky, of Masala punching or grappling various pirates around her with her stretchy powers, and a first person view of a surprised and terrified pirate captains face as he looks at the camera, with Jade's shadow falling over him- presumably a first person view of what Jade saw when she confronted him.
    "I investigated this and it seems I'm getting most of the fame for his defeat? Vodkana while still a celebrity isn't really credited with helping much which is only compounded by that hotel she is building, Apfel is the new ruler and people seem to be more concerned about the laws and decisions he is making, and somehow no one is paying attention to Starlight or Beryl even though they made just as many contributions to the fight as I did. Though in Starlight's case it might be better for Equestria. I guess my rainbow sky burst and transformation was what everyone remembers, even though Beryl did all the work of gathering the spirit bomb, pushing the planet, revitalizing the group and so on.

So yeah.....huh. Thats strange. Guess I have a reputation now. Ironically the Trionians didn't know who I was, since most them were still trying to get a handle on tech literacy."

Various images of artwork portraying and associating Jade with rainbows and hearts and stars appear on screen, presumably by various fans from across the net, many of them portraying her wielding a rainbow-colored saber she didn't even have.

21. - Top - End - #51

I know Hailing was evil and all, but I can't imagine how much suffering there's been since he's gone. The fear of him kept the space pirates at bay and now that he's gone, they probably imagine the Empire, that is to say the people of the empire, are easy pickins.

Honestly I can't tell you how many of my suppliers had to raise their prices to pay for security. Often times I would deal with them myself.
    Suffice to say, he wasn't as merciful as Jade.

But I suppose I should share some stories.

Spoiler: The Saland of Planet Cradle
    Show

Planet Cradle is an Earth-Like Death World slightly smaller than Earth. While its oceans teemed with life no more or less dangerous than Earth's, the surfaces of its world was noticeably barren, beyond simple and hardy forms of flora with roots that clung deep into the world. What made the world truly dangerous was its World-Tides. Every month, a titanic wave sweeps across the entire world, sweeping across the ocean and cleansing the surfaces of the world of everything not evolved to withstand this apocalyptic event.

By no means a unique phenomenon to Cradle, indeed any planet with large oceans orbiting a gas giant will have monstrously large and powerful tides. However its ability to develop sapient life is quite limited. It's what make Saland quite remarkable. Humanoid salamanders with short limbs and long tails. As expected they were not native ki users and quite physically weak, but they were amphibious with a frighteningly keen sense of sound, that they can distinctly hear someone's heartbeat from miles away and tell you exactly whose it is. Likely evolved as a method of hearing the World-Tide approaching their civilization.

Avoidance and protection from the World-Tide is the primary driver for societal and technological development on Cradle. Most of their towns are subterranean, either under the ocean floor or under the surface, but even then protection is not guaranteed. Tunnels can get flooded, the force of the waves create earthquakes and collapse tunnels. Most unfortunately, the ability for the Saland to expand on their own homeworld has been severely limited.

Artic was hired by their government to come up with a solution to the world-tide.

The first attempt at a solution was a global gravity dampener. It was simple, really. A set of large orbiting installations that negate the effects of their Gas Giant, Olympus' gravity upon their tides. reducing it to harmless levels. The problem is that much of Cardle's ecology has evolved around the world-tide, and its absence would be disastrous, to say the least. Furthermore, if the installations come under control of someone with bad intentions, they could easily be weaponized against the Saland. In theory, even rip apart the planet!

Not an option.

So Artic had to think smaller. The solution was actually quite simple: Kinetic barriers. Hard-light shields molded into the shape of a wedge pointed against the direction of the world-tide. Redundant gravity tethers held his prototype floating platforms on to the ocean floor or ground. Controlled by nonsapient AI and completely divorced from any possibility of network connection without direct manual interface. The AI governs the intensity of the tethers, keeping them loose in calm waters, and so rigid, they may as well have been anchored by huge katchin rods. These cities will not move. They will look upon these tides, these gigantic walls of water, and exclaim: 'No, YOU move.'

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shining City:

"I investigated this and it seems I'm getting most of the fame for his defeat? Vodkana while still a celebrity isn't really credited with helping much which is only compounded by that hotel she is building, Apfel is the new ruler and people seem to be more concerned about the laws and decisions he is making, and somehow no one is paying attention to Starlight or Beryl even though they made just as many contributions to the fight as I did. Though in Starlight's case it might be better for Equestria. I guess my rainbow sky burst and transformation was what everyone remembers, even though Beryl did all the work of gathering the spirit bomb, pushing the planet, revitalizing the group and so on."
    "That ... may be better, yes," Starlight admitted. "If people do not associate us with choosing a particular side, then we can maintain strict Equestrian neutrality. Although I would be lying if I said I didn't want at least a little credit...."

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Artic was hired by their government to come up with a solution to the world-tide.
    "I admit, I'm somewhat surprised about that," Starlight interjected. "I would have assumed that a species that knew only of the World-Tide throughout their entire history would be rather accepting of it, not even try to change it."

Saiyan District

You soon find the skull-smash seller at the festivities.

"Hey uh.....do you like have any First King's Crash left?"

"Sorry, I sold the last to that guy over there. Said he planned sharing it with a lady friend...."

Cut to a saiyan kind of young but older than Pinappla, constantly trying to pick up women around him with such lame likes "hey, wanna....fight in a duel together?" or "duel and dinner later?" or "babe you must be a fist because you punch my weakness away." or "My pleasure level is over 9000 when your around." or "Together our power is maximum in the ring." you get the idea, just....completely horrible. and desperate.

"....but I find it unlikely he'll get to do that regardless."

Pinappla walks over to him and says sweetly

"Hey, me and my friend need that bottle of skull-smash, would a big saiyan like you mind giving it to us? Pretty please?"

"What? No, I don't go for jailbait." huh, he is observant and does have standards, good on him.

"Well then we challenge you for it."

"Ha! Everyone knows you always lose, your Pinappla, it won't be a good fight for me and I don't feel like humiliating you right now."

"I won't be fighting though, you'll be fighting Katnep here. She beats you, you give us the skull-smash."

"But shes only ten!"

"So? what are you afraid she'll beat you? To be fair, she is the better fighter of us both. Would make sense for you to turn down fighting her, obviously you could never beat her, cause my friend Katnep here, she beats losers like you at any contest and doesn't afraid of anything! Tens year old is only ten years more badass than you will ever be!" Pinappla says, playing the hype-woman role here.

"Yeah well, I, Aygplen, have like, totally fought a thousand battles, you could never beat me at anything, state your contest Katnep. My only condition is that if its a duel that there is no ki-blasts. Its kind of crowded and one stray blast will make this break out into a battle royale."

Aygplen has like, totally not fought that amount of battles ever. Pitiful is the saiyan that needs to be their own hype-man. He sets the skull-smash aside so that its safe. You can either choose a full duel or something like an arm wrestle if you want to make this fast.
    "A duel it is," Katnep agreed. "I will even make the duel more fair by fighting with only one arm." She placed her right hand behind her back, making a "come at me" motion with her left.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Saiyan District
    Aygplenn growls
    "Why you-!"
    He charges forward and tries to go for a low sweep kick at Katneps legs to try and knock her off her feet and pin her down.

Shining City
    Jade thinks upon the story.
    "Hm, perhaps the Saland wanted a solution ever since they heard other civilizations don't have it and thus have been trying to get someone to do something about it so that they can be more prosperous? Though I could see them seeing it as a cataclysm like a hurricane or something that they have stories about and thus see it as this terrifying thing? Disasters are disasters no matter where you are I think."
    "Yeah I don't think a once a month cataclysm is any less a cataclysm."
    "Anyways Starlight, I agree, I wish others got a little more credit to. There are stories where I feel it unearned and my fame has rocked entire planets with my presence. We'll get to those, but I'll tell you at least one instance where it was beneficial...."
    Spoiler: Entry: Planet Sky
    Show

"Most of the time I did not interfere with Apfel's efforts. When he sent forces to quell uprisings most of the time I only had a discussion with him about it with me trying to be reasonable and understand his position. I could not be everywhere at once, I could not solve everything, I simply had no time to go to every planet and do what I could to interfere. There was however that one time where I did, if only because the planet I was visiting just so happened to the same planet that Apfel sent forces to.

It is known as Planet Sky. The planet was a place of skyscraper-tall trees and narrow mountains, of sheer cliffs and dizzying heights. The inhabitants there seemed to have evolved from Pterodactyls and naturally fly with their wings which are also their arms, known as Dactons. In this technological age they live on cities floating in the sky by using gravity suspension. It has its number of ki-using inhabitants so that they enjoy the fun of flying to its maximum, and the architecture has no stairs or ramps anywhere. Everyone is expected to fly up to the place they need to be. Non-ki-using visitors have to make do with gravity propulsion packs. The planet refuses to budge on such architectural uniqueness no matter how inconvenient it, citing it as one the reason people visit Planet Sky."

She shows images of nest-like cities engineered to gravitically suspend themselves high in the sky above incredibly tall trees and narrow mountains and cliffs. Images of strange buildings with platforms on every floor instead of stairs where people land on the outside then go in, people flying through the wilderness of the planet, through ruins of earlier cities long abandoned for living in the sky.
    "Of course with its high number of ki users comes a big resistance movement to break off from the Empire. When I got there, both sides tried to get me on their side so that they would get an automatic win. I explained to the the Apfel's forces that I wasn't going to brutally crush the people that just wanted freedom and independence and I told the rebels that I wasn't going to help them make a bloody revolution either and it would force everyone into a complicated situation. The rebels of course responded that they were taking inspiration from me by doing so and were confused as to why I wasn't automatically backing them on this. I facepalmed."
    Images show rebels and soldiers both trying to persuade her to support one side or another and Jade being miserable or facepalming.
    "Of course it all came to a head and they were going to fight, start a war on this planet and ruin my familys enjoyment so I put my foot down, went into my Goddess of Hyperdeath form and shouted to both of them:
    “STOP! BOTH OF YOU WILL STAND DOWN, AND THIS PLANET WILL SECEDE FROM THE EMPIRE IN A PEACEFUL AND ORDERLY MANNER, OR SO HELP ME BY KAMI I WILL KNOCK OUT BOTH YOUR ASSES, PUT DUNCE HATS ON ALL OF YOU AND PARADE YOU AROUND IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS FOR ALL THE GALAXY TO SEE, SHOUTING “LOVE AND PEACE! LOVE AND PEACE!” VASH THE STAMPEDE STYLE!”
    One of them asked “wait who is Vash the-”
    “NOOOOOOOW!!” I roared.
    They fearfully backed down from one of the people that defeated Hailing. They were not risking my wrath. Apfel of course contacted me and we had a discussion about the incident. Safe to say I'm not doing that again. Though Planet Sky did in the end secede peacefully."

The final image is of Jade in her super form, her hair white with goat horns and ears now, having mastered it by this point, allowing only some of the rainbow lights to flare out for intimidation, while the soldiers and rebels around her stare in awe and fear.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana were amused of the stories, and she knew how to express her joy well- she laughed at the right places, gasped when it fitted. Her admire for Jade only grew.
    "Nyanya... I just remembered a story which isn't too scandalouse to tell, here."

Spoiler: The Cargo Catherdral
    Show

"I am not sure even Arctic know this one. Planet Hailing has a spaceship 'graveyard", and in the middle of it, a cathedral dedicated to lost cargo from space. It is the ONLY offical religiouse building I have built.Nya."
    Vodkana shown with her Pawphone a 3d hologram of beatiful big catherdral, but with roof decorsted with broken crates.

"You see, a little bit after I have officaly opened Hailing Planet for buisness, I made a tour of my own- I wanted to feel what diffrent crowds want... and I am not sure of the scienctific details nya... but all of the sudden, my spaceship was absorbed by a 'gravity belt' around a planet, and it gotten crashed and sent down there... what can I say? This planet looked like trash, with temples around crashed spaceships and lost cargo.
    The locals were also intresting.. I think they had even more variety in species than Earth. They were intresting to watch- they had stone age-ish level of society, but used energy blasters, and improvised planes. It seems that during thousands of years, aliens of all kind gotten crashed here.
    The nameless planet lacked resources beside those which fell from the sky.. so they have devolped a survivalist society, nya. They also forgotten about outer space, and started to worship what ever fell from the sky. Nyahaha. Including me, of course." She chomped on Max's snacks.
    "NyAhhh! Empty calories! Can't have too much of them! Nhahahaha! Where was I? Ah. Right."
    She shown recorded battle of her against few wierd beings- one of them was eight armed isectoid with monkey's tail?
    "Of course.. I wanted to help, nya. But first I had to unite them, and few older "gods" challenged me. Some of them were surprisngly strong, with almost million PL.
    Once united, I have gathered them on my neverending flying carpet, and forced my way out. Nya.. and then destroyed the planet. But that still not the funny part. Nyahaha." Vodkana paused.
    "I tried to give them place on other planet.. but it didn't went too well.." she shown hologram of the "trash savages", going wild in sophistcated city.
    Vodkana sighed. "I understood, that my responsbility was to watch them closely, so I gave them to choose whatever land they want on Hailing Planet. They have chosen the junk yard land. I tried to convince them, to choose prettier place, but they just explained me, that they loved their planet, despite all the flaws. And they also wanted to ba sarounded by sacred and holy "artifacts". I was surpried, and asked them, how could they still believe in that, after seeing outer space, and riding spaceships... they answered me:"Our faith isn't so fragile to break, just because of circutmances." I didn't understood it, but I wanted them to be happy. So I have built the Cathedral, and let them live there, giving thek what ever they needed to prosper- I was positivly surprised, that the exile has united them with love and faith in the culture they have created. They also agreed to turn their land into attraction of "Pulp Adventure Park".
    She sipped a juice.
    "Later somehow, through the social networks, people who considered themselves ironic joined the Cargo Cult, and right now there about 500 billion offical belivers, who turned their local junk yards into temples... nyanya..."

Vodkana smiled a mixed smile of amuse and doubts. "Was I wrong to take them away from there?"

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining City
    "I don't think so. That planet sounded like it sucked. Junk yard temples....huh,
    that might be interesting to go to just to see it. People worshiping literal junk and making something great out of it, how post-modern."

You can tell she is trying to be open-minded about the planetary destruction.
    "Speaking of junk, wasn't there one planet named Planet Scrap we went to?"
    "Oh yeah, that place. yeah, that was home to another incident of my growing fame unfortunately...."
    Spoiler: Entry: Planet Scrap
    Show

"I have arrived on Planet Scrap, a wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Las Vegas of the galaxy. It is a city-planet or as close as anyone can get to one at any rate. My goal was to mostly just use matter materialization to conjure fake casino chips for betting so that I can play a bunch of gambling games. You know just have fun. However when set foot on there, the planet was quieter and less lively than I expected, and police of Scrap came by and told me that as soon as people heard I was coming, all crimes stopped."
    Images of show of how Planet Scrap usually was full of people walking about, with neon lights in an endless cityscape much like Nar Shadda, how it was when Jade visited it: a lot fewer people walking outside, the city alleys empty with a only a few people walking here and there.
    "Like: crimes literally just stopped happening because I was there. Reported crimes just stopped coming in. Bank robbers dropped their guns and held up their hands. Thieves scrambled to return what they stole. Drug addicts could not find their dealers. There was a strange absence of extortion. All the criminals just plain stopped what they were doing and hid or gave up. Some “legitimate business” establishments just plain closed for the time I was there."
    Images of various criminals suddenly surrendering at the news that Jade was on the planet flash through, as well as some ships just automatically taking off to planets unknown at the news.
    "They explained to me that ever since I defeated Hailing that the criminals were afraid I'd come for them next. That I had become a symbol of justice. Not a single criminal on the planet was willing to show their face or do anything simply because I was on it. To them, all the ki users they had for reference was Hailing or Beerus. People who would blow up the entire world if they something they didn't like. They assumed the same with me. Even though I would never do such a thing. I guess with them it didn't matter: what mattered is that I could come for them, that I COULD destroy everything on this planet if I decided to. They didn't want to take the risk that I could be able to break my own rules. Made worse by the fact that over the years I've fought various space pirates who were nowhere near any threat to me simply to protect people."
    Various images of Jade trying to find a casino or attraction to amuse herself with and finding them all closed.
    "And to be honest, I'd probably do the same thing in their position. No wants to take a risk as foolhardy as ticking off someone like me and dying. Especially if it takes their whole planet with them. I mean, would you? I could understand exactly their mindset. Unfortunately I had to leave, the police explained that as long as the criminals were laying low they could not be caught. Despite my presence lowering the crime rate, it would go away after a while when people learn I wasn't going to blow up the planet or simply make it harder for them to actually do their job since no one was going to take any risks for the police to catch them with. Despite my misgivings about not being able to catch the criminals myself, we left. I never thought that my fame would cause something like that to happen. When did someone like me become “a symbol of justice”? When did I become this Superman-like figure that people look up to? When did my mere presence become something to fear for criminals? These questions, they haunt me."
    An image of Jade wondering in though as she looks out upon the city compared with an image of Hailing visiting there earlier looking similarly thoughtful.
    "I asked Celestia in my letter: Did you ever experience similar feelings when you first became a savior? Do you have a similar effect on people? Did you ever feel as if you were an impostor, that they were seeing someone else and that you were somehow fooling them that they were whatever ideal they had ascribed to you? That even when you were not putting on a mask, they saw one anyways? It makes me think Celestia. It makes me think."
    Her reply is something I consider private, which I will not share."

Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-02-21 at 03:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Saiyan District

Aygplenn growls

"Why you-!"

He charges forward and tries to go for a low sweep kick at Katneps legs to try and knock her off her feet and pin her down.
    Katnep simply hopped back, watching his attack pattern. Her claws began to glow with ki as she prepared to strike, waiting for the perfect opportunity....

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    How long do we want this battle to go on for? Shall I end it quickly in my next post?

Shining City

"Anyways Starlight, I agree, I wish others got a little more credit to. There are stories where I feel it unearned and my fame has rocked entire planets with my presence. We'll get to those, but I'll tell you at least one instance where it was beneficial...."

Spoiler: Entry: Planet Sky
    Show

"Most of the time I did not interfere with Apfel's efforts. When he sent forces to quell uprisings most of the time I only had a discussion with him about it with me trying to be reasonable and understand his position. I could not be everywhere at once, I could not solve everything, I simply had no time to go to every planet and do what I could to interfere. There was however that one time where I did, if only because the planet I was visiting just so happened to the same planet that Apfel sent forces to.

It is known as Planet Sky. The planet was a place of skyscraper-tall trees and narrow mountains, of sheer cliffs and dizzying heights. The inhabitants there seemed to have evolved from Pterodactyls and naturally fly with their wings which are also their arms, known as Dactons. In this technological age they live on cities floating in the sky by using gravity suspension. It has its number of ki-using inhabitants so that they enjoy the fun of flying to its maximum, and the architecture has no stairs or ramps anywhere. Everyone is expected to fly up to the place they need to be. Non-ki-using visitors have to make do with gravity propulsion packs. The planet refuses to budge on such architectural uniqueness no matter how inconvenient it, citing it as one the reason people visit Planet Sky."

She shows images of nest-like cities engineered to gravitically suspend themselves high in the sky above incredibly tall trees and narrow mountains and cliffs. Images of strange buildings with platforms on every floor instead of stairs where people land on the outside then go in, people flying through the wilderness of the planet, through ruins of earlier cities long abandoned for living in the sky.

"Of course with its high number of ki users comes a big resistance movement to break off from the Empire. When I got there, both sides tried to get me on their side so that they would get an automatic win. I explained to the the Apfel's forces that I wasn't going to brutally crush the people that just wanted freedom and independence and I told the rebels that I wasn't going to help them make a bloody revolution either and it would force everyone into a complicated situation. The rebels of course responded that they were taking inspiration from me by doing so and were confused as to why I wasn't automatically backing them on this. I facepalmed."

Images show rebels and soldiers both trying to persuade her to support one side or another and Jade being miserable or facepalming.

"Of course it all came to a head and they were going to fight, start a war on this planet and ruin my familys enjoyment so I put my foot down, went into my Goddess of Hyperdeath form and shouted to both of them:

“STOP! BOTH OF YOU WILL STAND DOWN, AND THIS PLANET WILL SECEDE FROM THE EMPIRE IN A PEACEFUL AND ORDERLY MANNER, OR SO HELP ME BY KAMI I WILL KNOCK OUT BOTH YOUR ASSES, PUT DUNCE HATS ON ALL OF YOU AND PARADE YOU AROUND IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS FOR ALL THE GALAXY TO SEE, SHOUTING “LOVE AND PEACE! LOVE AND PEACE!” VASH THE STAMPEDE STYLE!”

One of them asked “wait who is Vash the-”

“NOOOOOOOW!!” I roared.

They fearfully backed down from one of the people that defeated Hailing. They were not risking my wrath. Apfel of course contacted me and we had a discussion about the incident. Safe to say I'm not doing that again. Though Planet Sky did in the end secede peacefully."

The final image is of Jade in her super form, her hair white with goat horns and ears now, having mastered it by this point, allowing only some of the rainbow lights to flare out for intimidation, while the soldiers and rebels around her stare in awe and fear.
    "So ... who is Vash the Stampede?" Starlight asked, fixating on that one point.

Vodkana were amused of the stories, and she knew how to express her joy well- she laughed at the right places, gasped when it fitted. Her admire for Jade only grew.
    "Nyanya... I just remembered a story which isn't too scandalouse to tell, here."

Spoiler: The Cargo Catherdral
    Show
    "I am not sure even Arctic know this one. Planet Hailing has a spaceship 'graveyard", and in the middle of it, a cathedral dedicated to lost cargo from space. It is the ONLY offical religiouse building I have built. Nya."

Vodkana shown with her Pawphone a 3d hologram of beatiful big catherdral, but with roof decorsted with broken crates.

"You see, a little bit after I have officaly opened Hailing Planet for buisness, I made a tour of my own- I wanted to feel what diffrent crowds want... and I am not sure of the scienctific details nya... but all of the sudden, my spaceship was absorbed by a 'gravity belt' around a planet, and it gotten crashed and sent down there... what can I say? This planet looked like trash, with temples around crashed spaceships and lost cargo.

The locals were also intresting.. I think they had even more variety in species than Earth. They were intresting to watch- they had stone age-ish level of society, but used energy blasters, and improvised planes. It seems that during thousands of years, aliens of all kind gotten crashed here.

The nameless planet lacked resources beside those which fell from the sky.. so they have devolped a survivalist society, nya. They also forgotten about outer space, and started to worship what ever fell from the sky. Nyahaha. Including me, of course." She chomped on Max's snacks.

"NyAhhh! Empty calories! Can't have too much of them! Nhahahaha! Where was I? Ah. Right."

She shown recorded battle of her against few wierd beings- one of them was eight armed isectoid with monkey's tail?

"Of course.. I wanted to help, nya. But first I had to unite them, and few older "gods" challenged me. Some of them were surprisngly strong, with almost million PL.

Once united, I have gathered them on my neverending flying carpet, and forced my way out. Nya.. and then destroyed the planet. But that still not the funny part. Nyahaha." Vodkana paused.

"I tried to give them place on other planet.. but it didn't went too well.." she shown hologram of the "trash savages", going wild in sophistcated city.

Vodkana sighed. "I understood, that my responsbility was to watch them closely, so I gave them to choose whatever land they want on Hailing Planet. They have chosen the junk yard land. I tried to convince them, to choose prettier place, but they just explained me, that they loved their planet, despite all the flaws. And they also wanted to ba sarounded by sacred and holy "artifacts". I was surpried, and asked them, how could they still believe in that, after seeing outer space, and riding spaceships... they answered me:"Our faith isn't so fragile to break, just because of circutmances." I didn't understood it, but I wanted them to be happy. So I have built the Cathedral, and let them live there, giving thek what ever they needed to prosper- I was positivly surprised, that the exile has united them with love and faith in the culture they have created. They also agreed to turn their land into attraction of "Pulp Adventure Park".

She sipped a juice.

"Later somehow, through the social networks, people who considered themselves ironic joined the Cargo Cult, and right now there about 500 billion offical belivers, who turned their local junk yards into temples... nyanya..."

Vodkana smiled a mixed smile of amuse and doubts. "Was I wrong to take them away from there?"
    Starlight considered the question more thoughtfully than Jade. "I don't think it's that simple," she replied. "Normally I would say you were wrong to destroy their planet just because you thought it was best, but it does sound like it was a hazard to nearby ships. Although I do wonder if turning their entire culture into an amusement park attraction is the right thing to do....

"Anyways, I don't really have any stories of other planets -- while Equestria has made its first steps into the wider galaxy as a whole, it's mostly high-level diplomats helping Apfel out as a neutral third-party. However, closer to home, I did help prevent a civil war in the Gryphon Kingdom."

Starlight ignited her horn, using a projection spell to share pictures of the incident.

Spoiler: The Lost Idol of Gryphonstone
    Show
    "There's one thing you need to know about gryphons: they are exceptionally greedy. It's in their nature, and it's how they rank themselves among their society. While amongst some cultures, the strongest or the smartest or the most popular lead, in gryphon culture, the one with the most wealth is king. For the longest time, they selfishly hoarded their bits and treasures, killing anyone who tried to take it from them. However, they were eventually united by the great King Grover -- he created a treasure to rule all treasures, the Idol of Boreas. This idol is so great that it cowed all who looked upon it, uniting the entire gryphon kingdom under his rule. It's said that he united his people in order to stand firm against the Arimaspi cyclopses, who often war with the gryphons for control of their gold."

Images appeared on the wall, showing King Grover and the Idol of Boreas, a golden idol that shimmered in all the colors of the rainbow, followed by images of united gryphons standing against a tribe of half-goat, half-gorilla cyclopses.

"The gryphons became a proud people, united under a single ruler -- much like modern-day saiyans, actually. And with the griffons' newfound pride, Griffonstone has grown into a great and majestic kingdom over the best several centuries. However, several weeks ago, a fearsome Arimaspi cyclops attacked the gryphon kingdom, breaking through to the palace and stealing the Idol of Boreas. Without their idol, it seemed as if the gryphons would fall back into their old ways, gryphon against gryphon.

"This is where I came in. As one of the few alicorns in Equestria, and the only one employed under SMILE, I was tasked with recovering the idol. But it was not an easy task."

Images of the proud gryphon kingdom appeared, then faded into ruin as the gryphons turning on each other appeared in their place.

"Everywhere I turned, I was stonewalled by greed. I was given a handsome stipend with which to bribe help from the gryphons, but in the end, it wasn't enough. I had to get help from a pony who knew a gem-finding spell, tweaked to locate deposits of gold, in order to find the idol. Finally able to retrieve it, I returned it to the palace at Gryphonstone, but it was too late -- the gryphons had reverted back to their primal instincts, and they attempted to overwhelm me to take it for themselves."

Images appeared of gryphons taking advantage of Starlight for their own greed, followed by her finding the idol. The next images were of Starlight being rushed by gryphons and almost being overwhelmed, despite her having had enough power to take on Hailing himself -- she was, of course, hampered by the fact that she was not willing to fight back, simply using her telekinesis to hold back the relentless tide of gryphons.

"Finally, I had enough. I took to the air -- not that it gave me a tactical advantage, as they could fly too, but now they could all see me clearly -- and took on my Harmony form. I summoned the power of my element and reflected it off the idol, enveloping the entire kingdom in a giant rainbow of harmony and quelling all thoughts of civil war."

Images of Starlight taking to the air and summoning her Rainbow Power form appeared, followed by her shooting rainbow beams at the idol, which reflected and enveloped the entire kingdom in a flood of rainbow-colored magic. The entire gryphon kingdom looked up at her in awe.

"And that's how I became queen of the gryphons for a day. Eventually I managed to return power to the current king, but it took some convincing. Still, it's not like we can just have ponies ruling over the entire gryphon kingdom."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-02-21 at 05:59 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Probably for the best to finish it up quickly- I only have three more stories left and they were supposed to happen at the same time as the duel.

Saiyan District
    Aygplen presses on aggressive and offensive- a style that honestly is pretty common to all saiyans. Most saiyan duels are basically a boxing match with some wrestling thrown in. Their ranged combat are pretty simple beams and blasts, not much different. One would question why a warrior race has such simple combat techniques, but simplicity has never been less effective, and often simple yet practical methods have always stood the test of time, and thus a warrior race tends to cut out anything fancier or unneeded, but you've probably seen this style of fighting before and seen the openings it gives you to take them down.

Shining City
    "Vash the Stampede is just another anime protag from my time. Guy was tall,
    wore a red coat, blond hair, and was basically this outlaw in the space wild west. Basically he was a real nice guy, but got a bounty because of this weird cybernetic thing he had that somehow destroyed a city beyond his control and an evil brother with the same enhancements, and one of the first episodes had him holding up the victory sign while shouting "LOVE AND PEACE!" over and over again in a narmy manner after he had defeated the villain. Of course when he goes into a berserker rage, fans joke about it by making him still saying the line.... but in a threatening murderous manner."

"Sounds cool Starlight, as for Vodkana......at least they have something better than last time."
    "Hey remember when we went to Planet Grass?"
    Masala says changing the subject before it could get uncomfortable.
    "Ah yes, Planet Grass...."
    Spoiler: Entry: Planet Grass
    Show

"I have arrived on Planet Grass, a world of plains inhabited by Hyenans. Basically life forms that evolved from you know.....hyenas. They greet us with open arms, and I'm apparently we're big figures here. Hyenan fans swarm at every turn, leaders come just to meet us smiling all the while, and we're treated to great banquets and entertainment. I did not expect this welcome."
    Images of a planet full of plains, savannahs, desert with some mountains and oceans here and there flash by on the screen, as well as crowds of hyenans, mostly female coming to cheer for the Referas.
    "The Hyenans of course are completely matriarchal. All their leaders are female and bigger and stronger than their males. All the males are passive and soft-spoken, and seemingly willing to follow whatever orders their female counterparts give them who are brash, confident and seem to see us as spiritual kin. It was tough to speak to one of the males alone but eventually I got one to speak. Gender politics on this planet are of course a complex subject, some Hyenan males are content living passive lives with the females taking dominant positions in their relationships but some are more outspoken, and there are movements among the males to do something about it. The Hyenan males see me in a more contentious light: some of them see me as just another matriarchal figure that they should rebel against while some consider me an example that any form of inequality whether patriarchy or matriarchy should be stood up against, as many cultures come from patriarchies."
    An image of jade talking to a hyenan secretary shows up.
    "I of course explain that I didn't really care whether Hailing was male or female, just that he was blowing up planets and that should be stopped. He of course explained that people that like to argue such things didn't really care, and that they were still arguing over whether I came from a matriarchal species or not given my own strength and determination thinking that I somehow could not have possibly been so strong without being “dominant”. I explained of course that most human nations are patriarchies and that women's rights was a constant issue on my planet of course and he found the information fascinating. I don't know what influence I'll have on their discourse and I'm not sure how positive or negative it will be.

Over the course of our stay, I got real tired of the fans constantly hounding me. I'm an alien species so I can't possibly disguise myself in a way that I can just enjoy the day without people recognizing me here. Eventually the leaders had to tell them to calm down just so I can get on with enjoying my day. I of course train some and teach them my Principles of the Protector as I always do and they listen with rapt attention. I have to assure some males who wanted to listen in that they were right to fight for their planet as well and that they should not let the females greater status convince them that they cannot be strong or fight well. They smiled and sparred with the females filled with determination."

Images of Jade being annoyed or trying to run away from crowds to showing Hyenans how to fight and spar with each other hyenans and teaching them her ways.
    "While I'm happy to be so positively received, and its useful to make sure people listen, my fame again makes me thoughtful. Are symbols that important to people? Are idols something that vital to someone? I confess, I never found social intricacies to be something I could ever truly master. Sociological intricacies even less so. Half because I know I don't get peoples viewpoints most of the time and the other half because I know people are so complex and I don't what to think of them. Can I truly be that symbol people need? What happens if I go against what they think I am? I never set out to be this figure to learn from, a figure to look up to. I simply did all this because I thought it needed doing and....journey across the galaxy simply because I enjoy it, and teaching others to be protectors simply because I think its needed as well. Maybe one day one of these many people I've encountered across the galaxy will become a hero because of me, who knows? Maybe they will pass my teachings to someone centuries from now who will save people because of my example? I don't know. I just hope that they don't ignore the words I speak for the figure I am and think I am somehow above them."
    She pauses for a bit, an image of her writing to Celestia appears.
    "Because I think you know as much as anyone, that we're not unreachable entities. Do we not cry when we experience loss? Do we not seek to enjoy ourselves as much as anyone else? Do we not bleed? Ok, I technically don't bleed yes, I'm a cyborg, but you get my meaning. We are gods to them, yet we both know that were just people like them, given way too much power and just enough awareness of how horrible it can be for us, so that we fear screwing up. Yet stopping is not option, because the world clearly needs us, sloth just allows everything to get screwed up again."
    A series of images show of various moments in Jades life: times we she nearly lost her friends, that she was getting beat down by Blizzan while possessed and so on, remembering her struggles.
    "I just...am not used to this fame, to being this legendary figure wherever I go. Goku had it easy. He never got any fame for what he did. He had that stupid Hercule guy to take it all for him. But whatever. These are consequences of me doing all this, so the only thing to do is to accept them and move on."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-02-21 at 06:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Probably for the best to finish it up quickly- I only have three more stories left and they were supposed to happen at the same time as the duel.

Saiyan District

Aygplen presses on aggressive and offensive- a style that honestly is pretty common to all saiyans. Most saiyan duels are basically a boxing match with some wrestling thrown in. Their ranged combat are pretty simple beams and blasts, not much different. One would question why a warrior race has such simple combat techniques, but simplicity has never been less effective, and often simple yet practical methods have always stood the test of time, and thus a warrior race tends to cut out anything fancier or unneeded, but you've probably seen this style of fighting before and seen the openings it gives you to take them down.
    Katnep decided to end the battle quickly. Her claws glowed and extended as she jut her left hand forward, right hand behind her back, and jabbed Aygplen in the solar plexus.

Spoiler: Entry: Planet Grass
    Show

"Over the course of our stay, I got real tired of the fans constantly hounding me. I'm an alien species so I can't possibly disguise myself in a way that I can just enjoy the day without people recognizing me here. Eventually the leaders had to tell them to calm down just so I can get on with enjoying my day. I of course train some and teach them my Principles of the Protector as I always do and they listen with rapt attention. I have to assure some males who wanted to listen in that they were right to fight for their planet as well and that they should not let the females greater status convince them that they cannot be strong or fight well. They smiled and sparred with the females filled with determination."
    "You should have called me," Starlight said to this. "I could have cast a transformation spell on you."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-02-21 at 08:35 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Saiyan District
    He gets hit by the jab so hard that he falls to the ground unconscious. He never saw it coming, and was simply not on your level. Pinappla grabs the First King's crash and says
    "Well, he showed how important he was, eh?"
    Then you travel back to the guards, she gives them the bottle and they let you in say
    "good on yeh lasses. Find Adviser Lettan. Bookish sort, with a bleeding heart. No idea why the King listens to 'im over others, but they've been buds fer about..... five years was it? Ye'll find him somewhere in the royal chambers, if anyone can help ye make the case to King Vegeta, its him."
    Pinappla thanks them and you go on your way making your way through the palace until you find Lettan, he is thin for a saiyan, wearing the absolute minimum in armor, without even any shoulder pads and a light green jumpsuit under that and a purple sash around his chest, with glasses on his face under a short spiky yet relatively well-kept hair, he seems to be checking a ledger of some kind.
    "Lets see.....if we stock that much.....we should have enough for that many warriors....over.....assuming we have enough for the return trip....."
    He punches a few numbers into his nearby computer pad. He seems to be working out the logistics of the trip. He doesn't notice them at first until Pinappla says
    "Um.....Sir....?"
    He looks up with honest, questioning eyes.
    "huh? Why, what are you two young ladies doing here? Is there something you need?"
    He feels like anything but a normal saiyan warrior, and looks kind of weak compared to most. Pinappla seems a little nervous to continue however.

Shining City
    "You can do that with other forms? Wow, didn't know that. Perhaps keep in that in mind, my current plan was to disguise ourselves as Brenchites, but that could work to."
    "Could you imagine how we'd look as Hyenans? It'd be weird."
    "I'm curious though, Jade, did you not face any strong foes over the ten years?
    It sounds as if they were few and far between."

"Well yeah, thats just how things go: farther in power you go, the less people you find that can match you. it kind of happened to the Z-Fighters as well, three years passing between Freeza and Cell and seven with Cell and Majin Buu, with truly threatening foes being singular beings of great power that came and went, I'm actually not surprised at all that we've had ten years without a threat that cold truly pose a danger. But there was ONE being that that was notable....out in the depths of space..."
    Spoiler: Entry: Mining Colony 45
    Show

"Not all solar systems we visit of course have livable planets. I don't tell of those very often because either they are just stars with empty gas giants and rocky moons, pretty to look at but not much else before moving on, or just have space stations with people eking out a living in the coldness of space, a confined, existence of narrow corridors, strict recycling, maintenance rules and artificial gravity contrasted with the vast loneliness of gazing out into space far from any real life aside from the ones in the tin can you reside in. Some of these space stations are technologically outdated or in solar systems no longer economically prosperous and thus are like small towns shut off from the vast outside world."
    Various images of space stations orbiting lonely stars or gas giants or rocky dead terrestrial planets, some of them even still having rotation-based gravity systems.
    "Often they develop their own idiosyncratic culture and some are almost ritualistic about maintaining their space stations and speaking of it as if its their mother that they must care for ceaselessly. Many of them don't even have ki fighters for using ki was not a good idea in the confined fragile places they worked in, the one space station that did was this single arcosian who went out to a ringed planet to blast at asteroids for target practice, and was mostly there to get away from Hailing's rule. To many of these people, Hailing was a distant figure, a boogeyman they heard of, but never knew because who would ever think these space stations out here would ever be important enough to do anything about?"
    An image of them playing a game with asteroids with that single arcosian comes on the screen, seemingly batting one around like a big ball.
    "I tell you this you this time because of something stranger still. We had come to an asteroid, with a station built into it- Mining Colony 45. Yet when we docked, there was no one there. It was as if everyone had vanished. The lights were on, but nobody was home. We investigated around, tried to check the records, but the screens were stuck on seemingly random pages and acted like static images and no device produced any sound. Soon we encountered this strange floating black pyramid just floating and rotating in place, refracting light around it. The pyramid seemed to turn to face us and blink a series of colors and lights at us in complex patterns we couldn't understand. We tried to call out to it, but it didn't seem to hear us. Suspecting that it had somehow done something to the colony we fell into combat stances."
    Images of frozen empty spaces in a space station: no signs of life, yet all the lights were on and the all the screens were on to. The image indeed shows a jet black pyramid refracting all colors around it
    "Then it suddenly shifted into human-like form, still black as the void outside and refracting light all around it, and seemed to be trying to imitate our stances, cycling through them for some reason. It had no mouth or eyes or ears. Its movements we're unnatural almost as if it was stuttering between stances with no place in between. I attack first, and it suddenly shifts into a fall thinner humanoid form and matches my speed, forming blade-arms and stabbing and slashing at me with them. Then Beryl fired a beam at it and blasted it out of the asteroid forming a hole in it, the strange thing is, no air escaped, it was only then we realized that there had been no air in the mining colony even before the hole was blasted."
    Images of them fighting the strange figure in its feature black yet glassy form flow by, seeing it make blades out of its arms which it extends and whips around, seemingly imitating Jade's stances and fighting patterns as it fought her.
    "The strange figure- we came to call it the Refractor- righted itself, seemingly unharmed then seemed to shift into another form with big arms formed into cannons and split off four pyramids from itself and the arms and pyramids began firing focused beams at us. When it saw us drain the beams, it seemed to stop and blink at us some more, but faster this time and we looked at each other not knowing what to make of this and then the pyramids sharpened themselves into blades and came flying at us as projectiles that kept us dodging around. When Masala came swinging at it with her stretchy powers, it shifted again into some amorphous more liquid like form to match and fought back in kind. It seemed to be mirroring or copying how we fought and moved for some reason."
    The image now shows the being with four arms, two big cannon-like arms and two blade like ones while the rest of it was seemingly trying to be as oozelike as Masala but if you looked closely was actually made up for little triangles fitting together.
    "So we all attacked it at once and Refractor as it fought seemed to shift into a combination of all the previous forms and kept pace with all of us, at one time producing many pyramids and firing lasers so that bounced off or refracting through all of them in unpredictable patterns to catch us off guard, and one point it formed a black prism like shuriken in response to my Prismatic Saturn. It was like fighting a combination of Deoxys and Necrozma. Finally I had enough and went into my Goddess of Hyperdeath formed and blasted it with a Chaos Buster beam, hitting it dead on and sending it flying away from the asteroid. When that happened it seemed to stop imitating us and blink some more but slowly this time, then shifted back into a pyramid and suddenly took off as if going at near light speed under its own power, running away as if that beam somehow changed something. To this day we still don't know what it was or why it was there."
    The next image is all three Referas fighting this thing and while they weren't getting beaten neither were they dominating in any way- it just seemed to be imitating a lot of what they were doing and responding in turn to block and attack back, yet it didn't seem to know how get the advantage, while still producing floating pyramids around it that fired pure white beams of light at them, for some reason never making anything other than straight beams.
    "We soon left and found a second Mining Colony 45, but it was fully populated, had air and the population was all there. When we questioned them if anything happened and if they saw any strange figure of some kind, they blinked and didn't know what we were talking about, they didn't even know about the replica of their colony on the other side of the solar system and thought we were making stuff up. We searched the age 1000 archives, the galactic net, anything we could think of and found no records or mentions of any species or robot that matched what we encountered. It was a complete mystery. Though Beryl speculates that it was trying to understand us in some way by replicating what it could visually see, as it didn't seem to have any concept of sound. It was a being more alien than anything we had ever encountered."
    A second colony 45 comes on screen, the differences obvious with people living within and more unkempt stuff that comes from people living within anything.
    "We soon left for other places. We did not find the Refractor anywhere else. The encounter reminded me that there is still so much out there we don't understand, so much unknown that I wish to see. It reminds me of how humanity saw space in my time."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-02-21 at 11:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shining City]

Starlight gave Jade a blank look. "So, let me get this straight ... you found a being that wanted to learn about humanity, and your first thought was to attack it?"

[Planet Vegeta]

Katnep walked right up to the scholarly saiyan, showing due deference.

"Sir Lettan," she greeted him. "I'm Katnep, and this is Pinappla. We wish to join the delegation to Earth."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show