The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1371
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

Gotta Catch Up

His question answered, Max opened a pouch on his belt, pulling out a capsule. He deployed it to reveal...a rack of more of the watches. To each of the Unkillables he deployed a watch, Pinappla got a watch, Orkmajin 45 got a watch, Diamond gets a watch, everybody gets a watch (well, not random pasersby, but you get the picture). Max then hit a button on the rack to re-capsule it and put it away before he dug out a different capsule. Before Pinappla, Masala and Orkmajin get too far, Max calls over to them, "The suits do have comm systems, you know? And they're designed for heavy combat, they're not going to run out of power that fast."

Ever, more like, but Max was aware that he was speaking out loud and didn't want the off chance that someone overheard him to result in some long and convoluted plot whereby someone would steal one of his watches, reverse engineer the reactor, and then enact some kind of roundabout plot to take over/destroy the universe. They had literally just seen someone do the same kind of thing with a different bit of technology after all.

While he waited for the others to either equip their watch or otherwise react, Max opened a comm signal to call up The Shenron from his helmet on Space Skype. He'd have used Space Discord, but hasn't had the opportunity to switch his suits over to it. If it connected, Max would open up the conversation with, "Hey, Max here, just wondering on your ETA with the Shenron. And a friendly reminder, the watches I handed out at the party can deploy battle suits."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Lum V

Snap had reasoned- if his ex-comrade could leap from planet to planet without using ki, people at his and Apfel level should at the very least be able to jump to outer space. So, he simply run- passing the whole planet in few moments gaining momentum and then simply trying to jump as high as he could.

Vodkana's eyes teared.
    'Nononono! Stay with me!' she begged, and hugged Bond Light which was slowly dissapearing. Vodkana take a watch for herself and Bond Light.
    'How we activate them?'
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Beryl:
    She puts on the goggles handed to her.
    "Ah, you see, I KNOW I'm bait, thats not what I was talking about. I'm saying that I have no doubts about Jade winning against you. because she will. She is not saiyan or a.....Cassian? She is HUMAN. And.....you haven't seen humans. Sure we don't look like much from a pure ability stand point, but we can be the greatest of saints, the worst of monsters or both. We have the will to do seemingly impossible things, to endure anything, to pursue whatever we want. If pushed we can inflict the greatest of cruelties or greatest kindnesses. Nothing is truly off limits. humans can be stubborn, insane, willing to become anything to get what they want, sacrifice anything to achieve their goals, destroy anything they consider an obstacle using anything and everything they can get their hands on. I'm not boasting, I'm warning you because I HATE humanity sometimes, for the very same reasons one can be proud of them. We've bombed our own atmosphere with nuclear weapons multiple when we had no idea other alien races or life on other planets even existed! Just because we were paranoid about some of us doing it first!

Humans can be insane, terrifying MONSTERS when we need to. And not in some literal sense, but figuratively, and thats the worst kind of monster! Cause saiyans they become the literal monsters and as a result they become big giant lumbering targets and don't really remember what they did when they turn back and just destroy whatever is near, but humans they become monsters on the inside, one that makes Decisions and those decisions can destroy far more than a big raging ape.

And Jade? She is one of the most human people out there. I don't know how she is going rescue me, because it could take any number of forms when a human is concerned. But she is going to do it, regardless of what she HAS to do in the process of accomplishing that. You should be afraid, High Warlord. You should be very afraid."

The Shenron: Arrive
    "I just did not want to be dishonest, is all."
    Crystal Firefly replies. She was modified Purple Moth, so why lie to those who you have memories of?

"we'll be arriving soon, Max."
    Soon the Shenron touches down on Lun-V and she looks at Apfel as they got off the ship.
    "Well it looks like the world of anti-ki you wanted is true now. Even though it doesn't make any sense, but what does these days? Sigh....all that work wasted....I feel like a knight facing muskets..."
    She looks around and doesn't see a certain someone.
    "....Wheres Beryl?"
    She asks in a dangerous tone.

A moment passes as Masala steps forward, gulping.
    "...J-Mom....B-Mom....got....kidnapped. by the Verun'nas. The same people who use the ki-null thing....none of us were able to stop it."
    The air instantly grows colder by a few degrees. Jade's eyes widen. No. She fought Majin Buu, got sent through time, helped someone make the Dragon Balls to make the wish to bring her back, fought so many people, trained so much to protect her. And now all that strength was gone. And now she was taken from her. AGAIN. She clenches her fists. Her eyes going completely steely, returning to a long ago look at Artic recognizes was only within her back before that wish to bring Beryl into this timeline. It was look, of someone obsessed, someone who'd do anything to get her back, just like then.
    "....Come. Some bastard is after me, and my family. We're getting her back. No matter what."
    She says coldly. Masala isn't sure what to think of this. She hadn't see Jade so....scary for a long time. Pinappla has just straight up never seen her like this.
    Jade turns around to back into the Shenron, expecting they'll follow while Orkomajin 45 calls out:
    "Wait whats your plan?"
    "Anything I need to do."
    "do you have specifics-"
    Jade suddenly turns around and slams Orkomajin 45 into the side of the Shenron, holding her by the scruff of her neck.
    "Shut up. I don't have time for your games."
    45 grabs Jade by her jacket and shouts back
    "HEY! I MISS HER TO! I WANT HER BACK JUST AS MUCH!"
    and while 45 appreciated the closeness, now was not the time.
    "and I actually know her, longer than you."
    "Perhaps, but apart of me IS her! And you need to have all the help you can get, a plan that will work! You can't just go in ki blazing like you usually do, you have to be smart about this!"
    "I will be. What can you possibly do or help that Max hasn't already with the watches we have?"
    "I can teach you Batman Cosplay."
    "I already have one of his power suits, why have that?"
    "Batman Cosplay is better and more versatile than any power suit and can give you the means to make sure you can always the protector you want. Even when all the ki is gone and EMP is used. It may not be able to do godlike things like blow up planets or whatever, but its one of the most powerful cosplays ever, for a certain definition of powerful. You know its potential just by hearing the name. You think that a power suit will be enough? They kidnapped Beryl specifically, they KNOW your a cyborg, they will have EMP, you need something that no amount of anti-magic will work against and thats Batman Cosplay."
    Jade releases her and begins back into the Shenron.
    "....I'll use the Cosplay, train me in the gravity chamber."
    Masala's eyes widen
    ""Wait! Mom, Batman Cosplay is dangerous! It may be one of the most powerful, but it also has the most baggage, history, and downsides and therefore limitations because of it! you won't be able to kill anyone, you'd be inflicted with Batman's perfectionist, paranoid mindset with the risk that your very identity could die and be replaced by the Batmans! Just like how Bruce Wayne considers Batman the real person and his civilian self a mask over that. I don't want to lose you to!"
    "...If the Batman Cosplay can get her back, thats a risk I'm willing to take."
    She says cold and fully determined about this, and steps inside. Masala and Pinappla look at each other worriedly while they and Orkomajin 45 follow after her, as well as everyone else.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-01-31 at 02:18 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Lunm V: Jalo

Clad in his own stealth-suite, with a robotic powerful leg, instead of the one Apfel has taken away, he smiled.
    Yes. The Assasin Guild was over. But it didn't meant Jalo gave up on his dream.

And important step will be to assinate the one, he failed to kill twice- Apfel.

It took some years of gathering intelegence on his own, calculating the most likely outcomes if the conflicts to come and tinkering as Hell itself.
    Jalo *could* tinker amazing powersuites. But it was against his vision of the greateast assasin- powersuite is simply an artifical ki user. There no elegance nor gloryfication of the mind over strentgh!

Rather his suite made him invisible to six senses, using psy blocking tech inspired by the Trombonicon, and using special program rough estimation of artifical power levels.

He had that and some tech toys. He shifted around, placing gravity mines around where Apfel stood right now.

Will the special metal Unpsyodnium which he had devolped be enough against Apfel's ability? He estimated 40% chance of success on passing it, because the stronger theory he had was of that his power work *inside* rather then sending psycic waves.

But the amount of gravity mines he placed around Apfel, would overwhelm him, unless he go to his special mode. If not, Jalo has calculated 66% of success killing Apfel with this trap.
    He already planned the next one.

Vodkana avoided Jade, and clang to Bond Light, waiting for them to move.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-01-30 at 01:08 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

[The Otherworld

Spoon's cheff's side has awakened with an excitment. He has apeared out of the shadoes.
    "Solitus-Sama... merrow. May me and the Cheff Squad cook the Serpent road?

[With Kuromo]

The Buddah-ish calm Nyagato's wishkers and ears twitched. Her eyes have widened.
    "Excuse me.... may I cook the serpent road? It seemed it was hunted down, and... I believe I could make a fine dinner from it! Nya!"

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Colossus in the Playground

Arclight Dreadnought

The goggles allow Beryl to see her environment as though it were lit in broad daylight, letting her get a better look at her captives. The best way to describe them is quadrupedal land-sharks, each one almost twice her standing height, and far, far longer.

Please don't threaten me with a good-

BZZAM

The ship buckled as alarm klaxons flared. Suffice to say, the shot from Diamond's gun was quite effective.

Captain! What's happening?

"We've been hit, my lord. Photon Burst, burned right through our shields and hit our main reactor. We're at 30% capacity, now." Beryl couldn't hear any of this unless she had direct access to their communications. "We need to reroute power from the Arclight Projector and all non-vital systems, to initiate an emergency blink-jump."

"All personnell, prepare for emergency blink-jump."

It would take a few seconds, but once the power was routed, the Arclight Dreadnought would simply teleport out of the system. The effects of its anti-ki projector needs several seconds to wear off, completely, however Ki would be restored, shortly.

Lum V

Apfel remained in his Awakened form. It was a psychic transformation, rather than a ki-based one, allowing him the full benefits of his precognitive and augmenting abilities even in an anti-ki field. However, 'augmenting' a ki-less Incirrian won't result in anything terribly impressive. He has been in his Awakened form, since he arrived on Lum V.

He couldn't sense Jalo, but he could detect the gravity mines very easily, and knew how to avoid the damage, even by their sheer volume. What was more curious is how they got there, since they weren't there before.

What ever advantage Jalo had, he was going to lose it, very shortly, as the source of the anti-ki was just disabled, and is teleporting out of the system.

I can route as much knowledge as we have on the Veru'nas to you. Apfel told Jane. A new power-up will do nothing, without a plan.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

[Snap]

It took a long minute to jump into space and land on the Veruniaan ship.
    Snap smiled, clinging to the ship as it teleported away.
    This was fun. He has decided to challenge himself to see for how long can he go without using ki abilities.
    Maybe just his old classic snap, which it's friction and noise blew up brains.
    He has looked for a door, window or any way to get in- prefferably undetected.
    Apfel might feel where Snap is, through their mental connection.

[Lum V]

"Wow.. N-nya... but- how do we get to Beryl?"

8. - Top - End - #1058

RedWizardGuy

Wait, where's Oxy?

In reference to the earlier question of how to activate the watches, Max just pointed to the red button on the side of it. There was a white button next to it as well, but that was for bringing up a holographic GUI so that the user could adjust the settings, send text messages, browse the net, make calls, and use the sensors while not deploying the suit and have, you know, meaningful data presented instead of trying to cram information onto the tiny display on the face of the watch. If someone hit both buttons at once, the watches would prioritize deploying the suit on the person on the assumption that they were fumbling the buttons in a quick panic.

As presumably everyone was getting on the Shenron and heading out, Max noticed his ki returning. With that, his ability to sense Oxy at long distance returned, and allowed him to open up a telepathic channel ~Ah, there we go. Some kind of ki-suppressor was set off in the area, I'm not sure where you wound up, but we've wrapped up the situation on Lun 5 with the bio-android death machine from the future. Oh, and Beryl got kidnapped by automated drones. Jade seems ready to be on the warpath, as a heads up. What's going on with you? I noticed you had disappeared from the planet during the fighting, but I was rather busy with the spirit bomb thing to pay too close attention. Also, Poka apparently gets a leather outfit when she transforms.~

Before Jade got into the Gravity chamber, Max cleared his throat and spoke up, "Wouldn't Batman Beyond cosplay make more sense? Terry was generally more level headed and emotionally well adjusted, and he was a batman with a power suit. Admittedly, it had stealth instead of lasers and shields, but that's beside my point."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

"So I have 24 hours or until the Blue Bitch finds New Plant to increase my power level by at least 20 times and/or unlock a transformation more powerful than the one I just Yesterday or Perfect Cell Junior is going to genocide everyone and his power level dwars mine singificantly so yeah, we're kind of screwed.

The good news is, if I miraculously pull this, then Kuromo and Solitus will basically be ants that we can crush at our leisure."

Back on Lun.

"So," Diamond says to the Red Ribbon army grunt whose name he never bothered to learn, "Basically what happened is that you got kidnapped to an alternate timeline, we're no where near oyour timeline, you're the imeline where everyone got brainwashed into thinking that Gero was a good guy instead of a murderous psychopath who doesn't know how to assign blame, every last one of us is either from a timeline where Gero hasn't been born yet or where he was killed, I hate the Red ribbon Army--Who changed their name to Red Pants in my timeline--becuase they kidnapped me andturned me into a cyborg when I was ten exclusivly to see if they could and then used me as a batter for I don't know how long becuase I was deactivated most of that time, and it's several centuries ago."

"So yeah, I lied to you becuase it made it easer to deal with the sociopath who made them"
    Diamond points to the Unkillables.

"You can either deal or you can shut up becuase the grownups are talking now."

"Now seriously," Diamond says this time to everyone, "Nobody has any questions regarding the New Hottness," he gestures to his own body, clearly refering to the Battlemech form.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Beryl
    She just shakes her head. Silly Cassian, thinking that Jade was going to fight him. She doesn't fight foes, she takes care of threats. She goes and asks a nearby Cassian:
    "Where are all the restricted and forbidden areas? I want to make sure I don't go theres. Who knows what would happen if I accidentally wandered into them without knowing!"

The Shenron
    Jade rolls her eyes, and speaks to him in clipped, uncharacteristically bitter brooding tones.
    "Apfel, please. Calling it a power up is over-dramatic and inaccurate. It is a tool, nothing more and one that merely exchanges one form of power for another. One that is much harder to use, vastly weakens me physically, and is a Cosplay I might not be able to use to its full potential-it would take a genius, someone far more intelligent than me in pure brain power to make full use of it. You might as well call switching from a hammer to a scalpel a power up next."
    She takes the the information Apfel gives her, her face somehow even more stoic than ever under the cowl- yet, more obsessed, more focused.
    "It is however a tool that works best with information. These will help with my preparations."
    The moment he looks away, she is suddenly gone. Apfel cannot sense where she went, nor did his prediction sense tell him that disappeared. The Batman's stealth abilities are ones that can hide from the gods themselves. She says to Vodkana:
    "I'm not concerned about pursuing the Veru'nas. It is clear from their tactics that they will eventually call me to come to them. Therefore, no need to go after them."
    Until then, she would prepare, and read up on everything she could about the Verun'nas. She did allow the ship to take off to wherever though. She took Pinappla off to get her into Robin costume. when they get inot the gravity chamber she says to Max
    "Yes. but Batman Beyond is weaker. The reason why the original Batman is so powerful is because of his brains, his preparation and his unrelenting will to accomplish anything. Terry as well the Robins while more level-headed do not have his dedication to preparing as best they possibly can- they are too improvisational. and without ki, that can be foolish. They do not prepare for EVERYTHING and anything less is not enough."
    Also she doesn't feel like being level-headed.

Aftertaste of Powerlessness
    Even if the ki null effect fades, their mental effects on Masala and Yellow Queen do not. they sit down together, shaken by what they just experienced.
    "Why do you not don a similar cosplay to your mother? are you not a great cosplayer as well?"
    "Yes, but the Batman cosplays have particular rules. All cosplays do to some extent. In the case of Batman Cosplay, its because I'm a majin. My natural state is that of a minor reality-warping regenerating clay-like supernatural being. Therefore I cannot wield something like Batman, because I'm not naturally human enough. As a bio-android, you wouldn't be able to use it either. Not even the ki null making us see things from a more powerless perspective is enough! Saiyans however count as human enough apparently."
    "I see. Sigh. When I think about the moment it is.....unsettling. For a moment, I was powerless. Useless. All that I was designed for, all that I HAD....was nothing. Meaningless. I'm sure for the others, it is not so foreign a concept to them, but to me and other Unkillables, it was as if something we thought secure was ripped away from us, as if a large part of ourselves was gone. I'm just the Unkillable that feels this the most acutely."
    "I know I feel the same way, but I can tell- to J-Mom? the powerlessness of being without ki isn't even the main problem for her! Its just- another obstacle, because she has always been human and knows what its like to live without it! but for us its the most devastating thing that could happen to us. Its terrifying to lose it because its not something we've earned- its like our arm or a leg or something to us! Someone who earns such power, however knows they can earn back new power.

I imagine to those normal people out there our problem would seem strange and nothing compared how they've suffered under someone abusing power. but that doesn't matter, I think, because its an experience we've never had until now and now that I've had it, I feel like my worlds been shattered, because things I've taken for granted, this power that I just been using lazily and carelessly- it can be taken away. and now I feel....as if I should wield it better. Harness it better! That I shouldn't just be some hero for fun and to help Moms, but to actually use my power as a Majin well, because now I know why all those people weaker than me, the people who earned power use it like that, y'know? I want to actually improve it now."

"I know what you mean. We don't know what we take for granted until we lose it, even temporarily. And now we know that loss, one realizes that now that its back we can't look at the power wield the exact same way ever again."
    Masala smiles and pumps her fist with newfound optimism and energy within her.
    "Right! and with my determination, I can always bring something better!"

Red Mantis telepathies to Oxyribo:
    You do know you can use the hyperbolic time chamber right? It sounded like he EXPECTS you to do that or something.

Private Ryo's eyes widen, as if something just silently shattered and he just says:
    ".....Oh. I see. I....I am no longer in the era I was....huh...."
    He sits down and thinks: what can he believe in now? He eventually asks:
    "....Who is the legitimate authority figure here? What is the law? What military can make use of me? I....I need a cause higher than myself."
    For he is a fallible human, and unable to truly determine what is right or wrong by himself.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

11. - Top - End - #1061

RedWizardGuy

Tiiime waaaarp daaaance, incoming

Max looked over to Diamond, then reached down to deactivate his powered suit, the armor disappearing as he winds up dressed back in his battle damaged tuxedo from earlier, "Ah, sorry, I've been a bit distracted." He provides a quick, polite bit of clapping, "Nice new form, good lines. You'll surely be attractive to whatever it is you're into." He pauses to look over to the Red Ribbon soldier for a quick aside, "Ah, Gero was a psycho in my timeline as well, good at cybernetics though."

Max reached out to pat Ryo's shoulder, "I'm going to be heading to Earth in a moment, you can come with me and I'll drop you off at the Shining City. While there you can just take some time to, well, chill. Get used to the predicament you're in, and be in a place with tech that is, at least, somewhat familiar. And when you've had some time to acclimate, if you're still interested in being a soldier, I could use your help in training up other humans in the long term. We'll probably have to talk over training methods and expectations along the way, but it will be easier than trying to wrap your head around the galactic political system at the moment."

As he offered Ryo a helping hand, Max responded to Oxy via telepathy ~Yeah, not sure if you were aware of it, but there's a chamber on earth that has a time index on the order of one day outside being about a year within, higher and variable gravity and other environmental conditions. I used it while everyone was fighting Hailing to get ready to come in as a final back up plan in case that fight had just...gone completely awry. If you're having a hard time sensing Earth, I moved it to hide it from Kurumo and all them, so if you pop by here first, we can Instant Transmission there together and possibly not give away it's new position.~

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

"Aphel's the Emporer of most of the Galaxy, I'm a second generation adopted prince of a planet, Jade's basically the beacon of Hope, and Bro's the God-King of a nation back on Earth. Pick one."

"Now, if we're all leaving I think I came here in Aphel's ship... god, today's been so hectic. It feels like it's been months. So unless Poka just wants to pop me back to new plant..."

"I don't think that'd be a good idea. Don't wanna give Pee-jay a tip-off about where New Plant is... I mean, if your power level was lower but then you ate that android."

"You aren't gonna let that go, are you?"

I know about the room of Spirit and Time. It's not enough. It took me over a decade to become as powerful as I am now and--You did what to the earth!?

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1063

Arclight Dreadnought

The huge spaceship warped into a highly populated system, with several worlds transformed into sprawling ecumenopolises, orbiting a yellow star. The framework for a ringworld currently under construction was also visible. It was here that the Arclight Dreadnought would attempt to conceal itself in the high density of its space traffic, its radiation signatures and IFFs encrypted and spoofed to appear as a civilian mass-conveyor. At least long enough, to get the power core repaired.

"Firstly, "Cassian?" That makes as much sense as us, calling you "Earthian." Arcosians and Brenchites notwithstanding. "We're Veru'nas."

If you wander into an area you're not authorized, your collar will beep for a short but unspecified number of seconds to give you time to backtrack. Failure to do so will result in you being subject to EMP. Fortunately that should not happen, since doors failing to open automatically for you, will be indicative enough that you are not supposed to be there. Your permissions are keyed in that collar.

I've heard enough! I shall be denied no further! A booming voice declared on the other side of the door, from which you hear a drum beat, a woman screaming, a dog barking, followed by an explosion. The armored guards seem to know what's happening, and move away from the door, which opens to reveal...none of those things. Except a Veru'nas decked in what can best be described as a labcoat.

How long have you been waiting outside? Warlord Ixil asked wryly.

Too long! Too long has my pursuit of knowledge been denied by the absence of Cyborg 23! Rectification of this grievous error is afoot! Come, paragon of humanity! Enlighten my creations with your wisdom! A tentacle from his back whips out to wrap around Beryl's back, attempting to drag her along to wherever this crazy scientist was going. For Science!

Lum V

I am Emperor of the Arcosian Empire, which holds territory on currently 39 galaxies, perhaps you would do best with Max, on Earth. A man of your experience would benefit humanity greatly.

Spess

It's better than sitting on your tail and doing nothing, mmnyes. Freis told Oxyribo. If you will not, then I will.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-02-01 at 12:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana just hugged Bond Light silently, not sure how to interact with the alliance anymore. She assumed that if she will offer any idea, they will remind her over and over, how much they aren't friends anymore and that she stinks basicly.
    At least Bond Light seemed recovering. Vodkana panted a bit. "I can go back to Hailing Planet if you preffer, and wait for further commands." She said so officaly, she even surpassed a "nya".
    "I won't waste my time, I can train in my new forms, or something."

And hire a lot of warriors. So snotty emperors will think twice before attempting to conqure her paradise. But this was beyond the point.

____

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Beryl
    She looks wide eyed at this tries to get away from the grip
    "Stop! My imaginary angel squirrel would like me to ask whether your science is sane and safe as per the universally accepted ethical standards of the galactic scientific community! If it isn't I decline."
    You can't say she is crazy, she knows the angel squirrel is imaginary. She just got out of a mad science situation, she is feeling jumpy about other ones.

Cell Jr:
    He looks around on a random planet, talking to himself. Strangely enough he is having a similar problem as Oxyribo:
    "....Now the where the hell is Keldas or Planet Vegeta? How am I supposed to find two entire races in twenty four hours? Its such a large galaxy and I'm working with information that are centuries too late, because Freeza wiped them both out by the time I was born. It could take freaking years to find them!"
    sure he could probably make more Cell....Juniors? Cell the Thirds? whatever you call them- to help him find the planets, but numerical advantage is for wimps and cowards.
    "Eh, I'm sure I'll stumble upon them eventually. If the heroes are as stupid as they usually are, then their Vegeta or Krillin will somehow let me know. I'll go troll someone."
    He then starts setting up traffic signs to trick flying cars into crashing into one another. Then laughing about it. Its not his fault if they fall for it and die.

The Shenron:
    Ryo: Follow Orders
    For some people like the Unkillables freedom is an easy and desired concept. For him, a soldier raised in an oppressive empire straight out of one's orwellian nightmares, on propaganda so thorough that has been with him from birth, having a choice is a scary, uncertain thing. Like that fear of being outside or in open spaces, or the fear of falling. Its big wide space and all he has known is corridors to lead him about all his life. He doesn't know what to do, because he has never been allowed to or asked to act in that capacity. When choices are made for you it can get surprisingly comfortable as long you don't notice a change. A soldier has this mindset to an even greater extent: your are broken into a follower drilled to follow orders and instructions and not contradict your superiors. Therefore when they say to just go with Max to Earth he salutes and says
    "Very well! I shall follow go to Earth and Max's city and do as he says!"

Black Scorpion says to Vodkana
    "Oy thanks fer helping with the freedom thing, even if there were ups and downs and whatnot. Hope things turn out well for yeh."

Meanwhile Crystal Firefly finishes explaining what she and Artic worked out to Rilla and the Unkillables.
    "Hm. Well its nice to know there is some way of making sure all that I made won't destroy us all."
    She didn't know how she'd deal with the fact with her cybernetics she might outlive some of the bio-androids she came to see as her children, but sometimes sacrifices had to be made.
    "What do you all think?"
    They all consider this, no answers forthcoming immediately. It was a heavy decision. Surprisingly it was Yellow Queen who spoke up.
    "I have already produced these six Princesses. I think it best that I choose sterile immortality. There is no need for me to make more. Of course, as their mother, I decide that the Princesses will be mortal. if they really want to spend more than a mortal lifespan with me they can earn it."
    All the other nodded, it made sense. But they weren't as sure about themselves yet.

Meanwhile Jade and Pinappla change into their Batman and Robin Cosplays, the gravity rooms. It happens about as normally as possible, as if putting any other set of clothes.
    "...Do I really have to wear this stupid thing?"
    Pinappla says, complaining yet oddly in character.
    "Yes. Your important to the plan."
    Jade replies, her demeanor stoic, her way of speaking becoming even more clipped and terse. Orkomajin 45 is smiling as looks them over.
    "Okay, from what we can gather from the files, the Veru'nas are a warrior race, much like the saiyans. They will be using devices to disable normal methods of attack. don't worry about me- I can use ork tek to fight without ki if need be."
    She says brandishing a shoota in one hand.
    "Now the important thing to remember with Batman, is that to him there is no such thing as a fair fight. There is no following the enemies rules, because that means the enemy has already won. Which is just one of the many reasons why this cosplay works. Force won't matter as much as having a good plan and a way to take them down without ki. This cosplay must be used with a plan in mind. Properly executing it and taking advantage of the knowledge Batman has is everything."
    45 smiles as she considers Jade wearing it.
    “Your actually pretty similar to Batman when you think about it: desire for justice, paranoid and a bit of a control freak, stoic and determined, starts orphan but has a makeshift family they formed themselves, has one rule about not destroying a planet much like Batman's rule to not kill, constantly prepares and has flexible plans and contingencies, dresses up in costumes, have a bunch of connections and allies to help defeat evil, has a reputation, you have a strong resonance with the Cosplay. You'll be a great user of it! Really all you need to do is adapt the mindset you already have to be even more pragmatic rather than having flashy techniques like the stuff your Hyperdeath cosplay gives you.”
    "Just get on with it."
    "Heh. But to use it well, you'll have to get used to taking down opponents without ki- and without drawing out the fight. Stealth and taking them down without causing a ruckus us key. Thats your training will be to accomplish that to make sure you wield your cosplay properly, so I'm going to use a special power of mine to create the appropriate foes to test yourself against. Tough Love Summons: Gang of Crooks!"
    She creates a mob of pseudo-crooks out of magic, not real or sapient, rising out of the floor like shadows to face them
    "Remember: if you cant take down these normal dudes like Batman would, you have no business doing the same for those Veru'nas. Ready? Go!"
    The crooks charge at them.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana sat at the corner and brushed Bond Light's mane.
    'Oh.. thank you Black Scorpion.' she smiled wearily, yet happily.
    'You always welcome to visit or even live on planet. Nya. Actually.. all of you.' she said to the Unkillables.

she smiled internly- the Batman cosplay did fitted Jade well.

17. - Top - End - #1067

RedWizardGuy

Stopping by Earth

Max responded via telepathy to Oxy ~I moved the Heliosphere, and I'd rather not say any more on the chance, however small, that Kurumo or someone else up there might be able to listen in on our telepathy. Suffice to say, I can get us there.~

Max then waited for Oxy to either respond or show up, intent on dropping Ryo off at the Shining City to start the long process of de-programming him and encouraging him to develop into a person with his own dreams and goals, then, it seemed likely, go with Oxy to the Time Chamber and see what they can do about figuring out a solution to the Blue Bioandroid problem.

18. - Top - End - #1068

Also, we have another problem. Apfel pointed out to Jade and Artic, informing them of the Perfect Cell Junior situation, in a monologue I won't bother writing out.

Artic mulled this over in thought, before looking up. I might have an idea.

Perfect Cell Jr.

Is this thing working? Artic attempted to communicate telepathically to Cell Jr. Or more specifically, communicate to him through Apfel. I heard about you, Mr. Perfect Cell Jr, and I know about the deal you made. Who I am isn't important, but I can get you to New Plant. When you defeat that other bio-android, oxycontin or whatever his name was, you must promise to spare my homeworld. Do we have a deal? He was playing himself off to be the coward. The idiot who gains the promise from the villain to spare something they care about's life, even at the cost of their own and that it's blatantly obvious the villain will either go back on their word, twist their deal's meaning to mean the opposite of what the betrayer intended, or some combination of both.

Artic will see if this Cell is arrogant enough to fall for the ruse.

Arclight Dreadnought - SCIENCE Landshark

In response to her question about standards of ethical science, the veru'nas scientist simply laughed. I have no idea! He replied rather enthusiastically, however he could sense her distress in her...electrical impulses? Oh shush! I have no need for test subjects! I require...a TEACHER!! If humans have such capacity for kindness and cruelty in such spectacular amounts, then surely! Indubitably! Unquestionably! Unquenchingly! It must be so that such a mindset, held by the next stage of my species' evolution, would succeed the Veru'nas as the next stage in the Cassian Constant! The Cassian Constant. The unifying doctrine of the Veru'nas, regarded with religious fervor. The belief that all strife, challenge, and competition in the universe exists solely to advance the strong, and destroy the weak, such that the strong may become stronger, in incremental stages. Making the veru'nas heavily darwinian, in both a social, and eugenic manner.

Beryl would be brought through several large hallways that seemed as cooridors to these hulking monsters, before the next room entered met Beryl's nostrils with the smell of ammonia. Strange instruments were visible, and the layout made no sense from a human perspective, but many tools, and pieces of machinery had pretty obvious uses, especially the dissection tools which, thankfully, were not in use, and if they were used recently, they were clean.

The Veru'nas are strong, we are smart, but yet we lack the...creativity! Our society unable to look beyond the old ways of guaranteeing our evolution, when we have the means to do so, at this very moment! By hand-selecting genomes from our finest specimens, as well as a little bit of Arcosian DNA, but you won't tell Ixil, right? Thanks, you're the best! To select for the strongest genes! Purge all deformities! All biological weaknesses! To evolve ourselves, into beings worthy of the celestial throne of our glorious civilization! Beryl was lead down another hallway, this one lined with several rows of tanks connected to machinery. Each tank was like a huge aquarium, large enough to fit a veru'nas inside, but only barely. Such tanks lined either side of the room. Some were empty, though some contained organs, or some other form of body tissue of indeterminate origin, however it's unclear if it's vat'grown or the remains of an acquired specimen. She was carried to a door. While many of the doors before this one were metal and looked like they can take some punishent, this looked like the vault door to a bunker meant to take a direct hit from a nuclear missile, and come out unscathed. What ever was on the other side, they CLEARLY didn't want getting out, or something else, breaking them out.

The scientist interfaced with an invisible holographic touchpad before pausing.

Oh! Silly me, I failed to bring proper introductions! You shall call me Asis Aren'delaxar, the Lord Of SCIENCE!! He boomed.

And you, dear Cyborg-excuse me, Berry Rivera, shall teach my greatest creation... Pause for dramatic effect...

humanity!
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-02-04 at 06:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

[Shenron]

'Cell.. likes games. Right?' she looked at Jade.
    'Maybe we can set a game, and trap it or something.. nya.'

Arclight Dreadnought

Snap sighed. He decided to cheat, just this once. He has instant transmissioned inside, and hurried to hide in the shadows, observing his surroundings.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Beryl: ARClight Dreadnought
    She blinks at this for moment in confusion while this theme plays in her head then says
    "OKAAAAY!!"
    A clearly mischievous smile is on her face. Asis had no idea what he was getting into.
    "I gladly teach him humanity. I could do so for you to if you want! After all, even humans need teaching to be human. Ever know of that one case of a child raised by dogs? They're not a human with dog sensibilities, they're a dog in human body unable to speak or comprehend anything you tell them. Don't worry, the fact that this is something that you can teach rather than something inherent is a good thing! That means it something you can teach almost anyone humanity! hopefully.

Warning though: humanity includes compassion, empathy for other points of view, treating people with respect and decency and not just as inferior beings or parts, sparing lives and so on. These are unavoidable parts of the human condition and cannot left out if this teaching is to be successful. Are you okay with this?"

Jade: The Shenron
    Meanwhile Jade is training in the gravity chamber, getting rid of dudes, Batman style, often sweeping their feet or punching them in the face, taking them down fast, pragmatically and without any nonsense.
    But there was a problem: a voice in her head.
    You would make a great Batwoman you know.
    The cosplay says to her.
    Shut up
    she thinks back
    You already have much of the mindset. All that you lack is dedication. Absolute Dedication. You are too attached to others. If you want to protect them, if you want to truly bring justice to reality, you must let them go. Batwoman works alone. For the good of everyone.
    BULL! Batman has a makeshift family and his friends like everyone else, his loner persona might as well be bluster for all the people he was teamed up with! The guy has more allies than most "friendship is power!" show protags! and what might as well be a harem on top of that!
    Nonsense. They are all soldiers for one objective: Justice. Soldiers that need proper respect and handling, but soldiers nonetheless. Too much emotion compromises professional handling of the objective. Batman is simply the best possible commander they could have. Your too attached to Beryl. If you truly love her, let her go so that she may be safe.
    Bitch, do I need to start listing all the girls Batman loves? Cause whatever I'm guilty of, he is guilty far more of, and you know that. Also, don't underestimate how strong she is. Beryl can handle my life, HAS handled my life alongside me for years.
    This defiance is meaningless. Be logical. The only thing that matters is perfection, is saving lives. All else is meaningless if even a single person is killed.
    Listing all the girls you love or have flirted with: Talia Al'Ghul, Catwoman, Wonder woman, Huntress, Jezebel Jet...oh and aren't many of these villains?
    I do not see your point. You must put the fear into-
    Listing all the allies you have or people you have teamed up with: Robin, Robin, Robin, Robin and Nightwing, Batgirl, Oracle, Superman, The Flash, Aquaman, The Green Lantern Corp, Justice League, Blue Beetle, Amanda Wallers, Commissioner Gordon, the above mentioned girlfriends, Green Arrow,Harley Quinn, Young Justice, Batman Incorporated, The Question, The Joker at least twice-
    HE DOES NOT COUNT!
    -Point is, you Cosplay are in no position to criticize me. Thats not even a full list. I could probably spend hours doing this, days if we include the FAN stuff involving him. Batman may be the world's greatest detective, but he is also the world's biggest hypocrite when it comes to working alone and not forming attachment. So don't give me that nonsense.

Pinappla looks at Jade and says
    "Sensei, why are you muttering to yourself?"
    Whoops, looks like she start saying this stuff under breath.
    "Focus on your training."
    "You said I'm important to the plan, what is the plan?"
    "Secret. you never know who might hearing. The Verun'nas somehow found us the first time, they can do it again."
    "Thats not reassuring."
    "Don't worry. It won't break any of the rules I am currently following. Nothing will die."
    "...Thats oddly specific."
    "Padawan. Focus. Training."
    Pinappla grunts a little and continues to do so.

After training she says to Apfel.
    "I don't care about Cell Junior. I need to save Beryl."
    Wrong. You should take care of him immediately. His mindset is easily exploitable. Who cares if Oxyribo "needs" to defeat him?
    I do. He has been working his entire life for this. Its something he wants to do, why get in the way?
    It endangers the universe if you let him go just so that another may get rid of him. Listen to reason. Lock him up yourself.
    No. Your nothing but a cosplay. A tool for a purpose. You don't command me. I'm the one in control. Don't presume to order me.

Shin: Give Solitus A Tour
    Supreme Kai Shin is giving Solitus a tour of the Vault of Wondrous Artifacts. It is a place full of various wonders the Kais have made and gathered, many of them weapons or great power, ancient and full of history.
    "What a great armory! I Solitus of All Solitii, Perfection Above All, will have use for these....as long I know what they do. Adviser, inform me!"
    "Well....there are too many in here to list, if I were to explain all of these things, we'd be here for years. But I suppose I can pick out a few noteworthy artifacts..."
    They come to a black katana with purple energy radiating out from it.
    "what of this one?"
    "That katana is known as Doubts And Fears Cast Aside, or more commonly Fear-Eater. While it may seem evil, its purpose is to be given to heroes filled with doubts, guilts and fears so that it will drain them from the wielder and incorporate those fears into it, growing more powerful while the wielder feels more at peace and confident. In turn the user can use Fear-Eater to bestow fear upon their enemies with various techniques to do so. In the right hands it can be very powerful."
    Solitus picks up Fear-Eater and raises an eyebrow.
    "I don't feel any different. This sword must be broken, for in my perfection all things should work for me!"
    Shin raises an eyebrow. Well of course a sword like Fear-Eater would not work for Solitus. His ego was so great, he had no doubts to make him hesitate, he never felt guilty for any of his actions, and he wasn't afraid of anyone or anything in his perceived invincibility. Exactly the type of person in all of reality that would gain no use out of it at all. He decides to move on to a different sword.
    "And this-"
    He says beckoning over to a white straight blade with a red gemstone on the cross guard.
    "Is Sacrifice, the Sword of Hope. Also known as the Martyr Blade. Its name is apt: It only deigns to be wielded by the selfless, and rewards more power the more you personally sacrifice for the good of others. Its powers are holy, but it cannot get to its full power within one lifetime."
    "Why?"
    "Because to get to its full power, you need someone to dedicate their entire life to wielding the blade to destroy evil then selflessly sacrifice themselves in battle to do so. The next wielder then wields a much stronger blade than the previous one. And people have tried to sacrifice then get back the thing they sacrificed easily- it doesn't work. If it can be returned, it is not a sacrifice at all, but a lie to Sacrifice. And even more unfortunately, to get its full power would require so many people wielding and martyring themselves for it over such a long period of time that it would multiple lifetimes of the universe to complete. Only then when the blood of countless martyrs has been shed, will its final wielder being able to vanquish all evil without anymore sacrifice needed. It is widely considered useless because of this, but it is believed to made to vanquish some great evil in the far distant future."
    "What good is it then?"
    He knocks to the ground and begins stomping in it, but no matter how hard he stomps, it never breaks. Shin is not surprised by this: there is no tyrant in all the world that can stomp out hope itself, for hope springs eternal and every sacrifice for a better world inspires others to take up the blade to sacrifice themselves for something better as well, the fires relighting as they pass their example down with each generation. When he finishes he looks at it and says
    ".....Oh well, there is no need for such a blade. Let it gather cobwebs in this vault. I am all the hope that anyone needs to defeat anything."
    They then continue on.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

"All right, fine."

Oxy offers a hand to the Arcosian soldier for a lift back to the planet, Before Oxy leaves with Max.

Back on the planet, Diamond reverts to his normal form and pulls ou the capsule he keeps his preserved sensu in, having gotten a telepathic message from Oxy indicating that he might need those beans.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #1072

RedWizardGuy

On the Shenron

While Max waited for Oxy to get back, he passed the time by making a few apples with his ki and handing them out to anyone who wanted one. Might as well enjoy a crisp snack while he waits. In particular, this might be helpful for Ryo, giving him something familiar, something from Earth, that he could focus on even while surrounded by the bewildering array of strangeness that is...well, The Shenron and it's passengers.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2019-02-07 at 03:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

[Shenron]

Vodkana's offer to the unkillables were not accepted, nor refused. She sighed, sinking into her Pawphone. She decided stop being clingy, and force herself on others.
    She is the manifestiation of destruction or something. If she love anyone- and she.. actually does. At least most, beside the most annoying self rightouse ones...

She won't force destruction in their lives. And she had buisness to run and memes to check. She just cuddled with Bond Light for comfort.
    And the idea for a trap while distracting Cell.Jr. won't work anyway. Probably.

[Jalo]

Jalo has calculated the results of this attempt, and the course of the Shenron. He has followed in his tiny ship, acivating the best of his tech to not to be detedcted.

[Other World]

Dishanna has cut her way through space to ger there- wether Kuromo allow her not.
    What Cheff will miss the chance to cook the road serpent of the Otherworld?
    No cheff. And this was the problem.
    Spoon and his cooking battalion of evil dead chefs were already there. And of course the remaining Rajas of tates- Panana Raja Of Sweet and Forkusha Raja Of Sour.
    Dishanna "I am sorry fellow chefs. But I want to cook this meat."
    "Merrow! Who are you to defy me- the Prophet of Solitus, The Commander of The Cook Battalion!?" Spoon has hissed, and so hundreds of other legendary evil chefs.
    "...Just a cook." She said sheepishly, but let her aura to show and be felt.
    Furkasha:"Nnya..maybe we should leave-"
    "No!" Spoon's Chef's pride flared.
    "She just one cook, who never even has bothered to call herself Cheff! Merrow! She never suffered for her art like we did! Merrow! I don't care if she was good enough to knock down Beerus! Together we will best even her! Merrrow!"

Panana:"That sweet of you, prophet but-"
    Dishanna smiled in motherly way. "... It actually sound exciting. Why won't you ask Solitus to judge?"
    Spoon dissapeared into shadow and soon enough has apeared from Solitus's shadow.
    "Solitus-Sama.. merrow! Wow.." he glared at the the artifacts.
    "What I meant to say..." he paused and bowed on his knees. "We are, as the Cooking Battalion wish to cook the Road Serpent in your honor and pleasure. Merrow. But so does Dishanna- The Greatest Chef In The Universe... and she offered us a dual. Will you bless us with your judgement?"

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana:
    No. Black Scorpion accepts her offer. Don't blame them for the mistakes of the narrator. Next time remind said narrator to respond. He puts a hand on her shoulder.
    "We'd love to. Don't go bein' sad like that. You get sad way too easily. Your face and emotions are as easy to read as a newspaper. Every little thing seems to make you beat yourself up after other people punch ya. Its like you letting the world kick you down, then kick yourself while yer down. I don't know what problem ye have, but we Unkillables learned quickly under our slavery that if you don't be your own best friend, you won't be able to face anything life throws at yeh. So please, cheer up. whats done is done, no use agonizing over making the wrong decision. Make mistakes early an' you'll find the right way quicker, I say."

Ryo:
    He just.....tries to sit down and process everything. Being displaced in time is a lot of culture shock at once. He blinks and thanks Max for the apple. At least the food doesn't change...

Cell Junior
    See? The narrator forgot to respond to this to. Truly I am flawlessly imitating the source material.
    Your accent seems Arcosian, so yes I agree. I was planning on doing that anyways since the Arcosians are strong enough to produce interesting fighters and its not as if I'll ever kill the saiyans, they might produce another Goku to fight!

Solitus:
    He smiles to Dishana and says
    "You May Do So In My Name! Now, Advisor, what is with this strange sword here?"
    The sword shouts:
    “WOULD YOU LIKE TO DESTROY SOME EVIL TODAY!?”
    “And that is Destroyer of Evil, or Evilsbane. A dark blade made and commanded to destroy evil. Unfortunately the blade has no idea what evil is, and relies upon the wielder to determine what that is. It is dangerous to draw.”
    "In What Way?"
    "In the "drains your life force through the handle to power its attacks" way."
    "I See. Moving On."

Jade and Orkomajin 45: Have ridiculously long conversation.
    In another round of training, Jade falls to the ground growling as did so. 45 stands over her.
    “Come on, get up. You still got a ways to.”
    “I know. Still not good enough.”
    45's face softens and she kneels down, speaking to Jade softly
    “Don't worry. You can do it. You'll get it right, like always.”
    It was in the same tones, the same phrasing the patterns and everything, just like Beryl would say it.
    It ticked off Jade even more. She surged up and grabbed 45 by the scruff of her neck.
    “Don't. You. DARE. Try replacing her. You can't. No one can.”
    “Well too bad! I have parts of her! I have her memories! On some level, I AM her, even if its just a tiny bit!” 45 bites back. “Would she not want me to do this, if it helped you?”
    Jade releases her from the hold and turns away, not saying anything.
    “Look, you know she'd want me to do anything to help.” 45 says coming up behind her and wrapping her arms around her waist, speaking into her ear.
    “Is it so bad, if I replace her, even if its only for a short while? If it gets her back? Is it so bad for yourself to have other people in your heart aside from her?”
    “....Yes.”
    “Oh? Then what would you do without her?”
    “...”
    “That sounds less like love and more like dependency. That is not healthy. Also its over dramatic. Don't tell me all that strength, all that force of will you have came from being with her. Its admirable to have such a relationship you'd value so highly, but your more than that. She is more than that. She is the one who was there for you in your darkest hours of your life, but you can't let yourself be defined so narrowly. A healthy relationship is about balance, about making sure both people are happy with the arrangement, no matter how exactly that occurs. Are you doing that by treating her as a bond you need above all else? You can still love her, but would it not be better to know there are others you can love, that you trust and rely upon to be your light, your hope?”
    “oh and what about you? Acting and faking and trying to be Beryl to me to try and manipulate me, to convince me that if I truly love her, I'd let her go in one manner so that our love can be healthier- but also so that you can insinuate yourself into our relationship so that I'll rely on you to some extent, gain a foothold so that you can be apart of it. Your acting so that you can do this for yourself.”
    “and how is that any different from you? You started out selfish but faked and acted into being a selfless leader so that you could accomplish your goals, then faked and acted your way into being the hero that defeated Hailing, and now here you are, faking and acting your way into becoming someone who can get Beryl back without needing ki. For what is putting on a costume and playing the role not a form of fakery that transmutes into something true? Your are nothing if not a master of tricking yourself into being a better, stronger person. Of tricking people around you that your someone to follow. For what is power if not the ability to influence other peoples minds?”
    "You have no power over me. Your not Beryl."
    "But that doesn't mean I don't know you. Doesn't mean I can't help in my own way. Perhaps your being paranoid and even if your not and I am doing this for myself a little bit- whats wrong with that? Whats wrong with having someone else in your life you can be vulnerable to?"
    "You want to cultivate a relationship based on rivalry and competition. that isn't exactly ideal conditions. You'd just use the opportunity to hit me right where its exposed, then tell em I'm weak for doing so."
    "Ah but you can already predict me! This is exactly why I want it! Because you know the steps, you can see what I'll do next, you see what I'll do next and respond accordingly-its like any other dance, if more deadly. But the deadliness, the risk is the charm! -But for once I'm not here to challenge but truly help, your not really you without her. You SHOULD have her back. but come now, will you not be better if you can function without her at least? For someone so strong and held as a paragon of hope, you are terrible at coping with loss or failure. You broke down when you made Oxyribo cry so long ago, your broke down when you almost killed Apfel, you broke down when Vodkana died, and now your completely obsessed with getting Beryl back above all else, researching and training and planning relentlessly. Just like you were first put into this timeline. Your flaw is that your arguably TOO attached to your loved ones to ever let anything go. There is a reason why cynics and ascetics consider such things weaknesses after all."
    "You mean cartoon villains waxing strawman philosophies and people so cooped up in isolated monasteries that they probably can't deal with the real world. Cut the bull. I'm not giving up or letting go y'know. My loved one has been kidnapped. Anyone else would be just as stressed if they were in my position. Everything can be weakness or bad if you look at it wrong. but anything can be a strength if you look at right. My attachment is what is going to save her...and myself."
    Orkomajin 45 grins and breaks away from wrapping herself around Jade.
    "Such stubbornness! Yet thats why I love you...that and your right about those people."
    She takes another martial arts stance.
    "Again. With more feeling."
    So they resume, Jade caught between a voice within and a voice without trying to pull her every which way.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-02-08 at 05:32 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

25. - Top - End - #1075

Arclight Dreadnought

Compassion! Empathy! These are...words! It's unlikely they appear very often in the Veru'nas lexicon. A fascinating choice! Perhaps much like how a light casts a shadow! Or the synthesis of a proton must necessarily create an antiproton! Two equal and opposing forces! The thesis and antithesis! I defer to your expertise and expect a truly magnificent synthesis, indeed!

The vault doors hiss open with heavy metallic whirring and clanking as numerous redundant locks disengaged, and allowed passage into a secondary chamber. It resembled a decontamination chamber, but there was no indication of anything happening as they both stepped inside the following chamber. The area was quite spacious, the room square-shaped, walls 30 feet apart on either side, with a ceiling roughly 50 feet tall. Around is several examples of what could only loosely be called furniture, by how spartan it was.

Inside, huddled in a corner was the prone, resting form of a small Veru'nas. Visibly very young, if its short limbs and small size, roughly that of an average dog, was any indication. Beyond that it was difficult to discern any distinguishing characteristics about it. From chin shape, cranial size, tail length, anything that might distinguish individuals...it was all extremely average.

I cannot eat a machine. Doctor. He spoke, the voice like a young boy's, if the boy was a horrific land-shark space monster, though there was clear contempt in his voice for Dr. Asis. You aren't 'forgetting' to feed me again, are you?

If you starve, it is only because you were not strong enough to seize what you needed! He answered matter-of-factly, or at least as matter-of-factly as someone without an indoor voice could be.

I'm two!! He hissed back.

Why is that my problem?

Because your project will fail, and the Warlord will pull funding for-ah forget it. He gasped in exascerbation.

Well, aside from that delight, Bell Riverside, this is Iteration 9 of Project Primarch: Veru'nel 9! Or more simply, Nelnine!

Nelnine didn't say anything in response, instead wandering up to Beryl, audibly sniffing her in curiosity.

But she is not food! Understand! Wonderful! Stupendous! She is here to teach you! Teach you the secret to overwhelming power and success against insurmountable odds! The power of humanity! But I digress: I shall leave you two for the time being... He says, turning to leave, and exiting through the heavy vault doors. Only when he's completely gone does Nelnine say anything.

What...are you? He asks. Your electronics are unlike anything I have ever sensed.

Lum V

We have already worked out a plan. However one of the traits of your cosplay is micromanagement, such that you do not trust the plans of anyone you did not control, yourself.

Artic tilted his head at this, but continued to talk to Perfect Cell Junior telepathically.

Oh, wonderful. He lied. He was going to have his home colony protected. A derelict gas mining facility in orbit above another gas giant, retrofitted into a hab colony. If he wanted to push his luck, he was also going to ask for his ringworlds to be spared, but...who and what was unimportant, fundamentally.

Come to Lum V. I will have you transported there. With modern FTL technology, you will arrive, in minutes.

Apfel then attempts telepathic contact with Oxyribo. That bio-android gave you a day. We are making it into a week. Make it count. He said. He sensed there was trouble, but...nothing distinct. Might be best to remain in his Awakened state for the time being.

Oxyribo

It takes several minutes but an Arcosian Carrier comes into view to help transport Oxyribo, though he didn't need it. The two would then set a course, back to Earth, and towards the hyperbolic time chamber.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Spess

"So Maxwell aprently moved the earth. We have to go back to Lum to ask him where it is first."

"No. Still only a day. Remember, we've got the meeting with Damn it, I can't even remember his name it's been so hectic today. Evil Kai. From now on he's Evil Kai... In less than two days, and I seriusly doubt I'll be able to get back to the Room of SPirit and Time after I leave becuase, heh, you know us, as soon as one thing's taken care of something else pops up."

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1077

RedWizardGuy

"Earth-Space"

If the Carrier did come out near where Earth is supposed to be there's just...nothing. Nothing for quite a ways, actually. The Sun's gravity missing from the location would Eventually cause problems on a cosmological scale, maybe, but for now that space was just hilariously empty. Even the wandering comets that had been within the Heliosphere had been moved when Max enacted his 'cunning plan' to hide the Earth from it's enemies. If Max had thought to do so when he was setting up the planetary evacuation protocol, he might have left something behind, like giant inflatable fake planets or something. But...no, as it was, there's just nothing there for the time being.

Meanwhile, on the Shenron

Max bites into his apple and starts putting some seirous thought into making inflatable fake planets and a fake star to leave in Earth's place while it's located outside the universe.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2019-02-08 at 04:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Beryl:
    Huh. Masala would probably find Nelnine cute. She always had the weirdest tastes. Beryl still has memories of that one time Masala tried begging her to keep this weird squid-shellfish as a pet. It didn't work. She nods, seeing the initial problem.
    "I'm a cyborg. These cybernetics....they don't work right now but normally I drain ambient energy or stars energy to keep myself fed. Speaking of which! Lesson One of being kind/decent/compassionate whatever...er, human: Hunger is a pain all beings share, and therefore eating meals together is a universal joy and kindness towards each other. Lets get you some food Nelnine....and food for some for myself as well now that I think about it! I just realized that I need to do that again! I've had these cybernetics for so long... wheres a cafeteria is on this ship? or a fridge? or a pantry? Darn it Dr. Asis left! How am I supposed to.... Wait..."
    She tries to see if there are any books-no wait. Why would a species that doesn't use sight have books!? These goggles were probably developed specifically for her or something. Therefore she tries to look for sound recordings- things that the Veru'nas would use to store information
    "Nelnine do you know your species has any....information storage thing or what does he usually give you for food? Because if I can find out what you guys eat this can be a lot easier! I'm not sure about leaving you alone. Maybe if I let you out and convince Asis that with your strength and ultimate creativity that I taught you, you somehow totally manipulated me out with your abilities wink wonk nudge nadge, and we can go find food together..."

Jade:
    She raises a masked eyebrow at Apfel.
    "Oh and what plan is that? Killing them won't help. A warrior race tends to see things as glorious deaths that will attract more to me. What is needed is the right deterrent to their mindset."

Perfect Cell Junior
    He teleports to Lun V
    Look it doesn't matter where they are from: are they arcosian? saiyan? any other race that put up a good fight? then yes I'll spare them.
    He communicates back. He might leave a few Keldasians alive to motivate them to train and fight him as well. He really only needs one to absorb, but a light genocide could help with the motivation for more foes for him to face. and who knows? they might have a few techniques he might want, he'll have to get there to see.

Genral Freis:
    You receive a message from Planet Plant. Its from a saiyan:
    "I'm sorry, but Lord Karatta as the last lord on the planet of the Saiyan race and the strange inability to contact King Vegeta as if the Planet Earth isn't even there, he has commanded that the saiyans would be cowards to run from any enemy whatsoever. The saiyans are staying to confront this foe, and some of the tuffles with saiyan lovers and their children are staying as well."

You receive a different message from Slap, the Mayor of Telskas, Keldasians moon and first off planet colony:
    "I'm honored General Freis and appreciate the warning. I've forwarded it to the Council of Storm Eye City, but they've informed me that they are unable to carry out the evacuation you've ordered. Most of Keldasians population are nomads dwelling in the eternal winds of our planet that make landing or taking off in ships impossible. Only Storm Eye City and places like here in the moon of Telskas allow Keldasians permanent residence and a space port and even Telskas is a new development. They can only evacuate the city and as the council is made up representative of each tribe that has ever existed on Keldas, including the ones out in the winds. they cannot in good conscience escape while leaving the people they represent to die.

also, a strange being calling himself Yankar in orange clothing came by, beat up some of our best fighters then went into the storms of Keldas himself claiming he needs to somehow train himself to become like a Keldasian and Improve eternally like us while ranting about super forms or something. I don't know what is up with that crazy one. Is that the being your referring to in your warning?"
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

[Vodkana]
    Vodkana sighed with a smile.
    'Thank you.. it's just.. a rough day. There were some drama earlier, that I guess HAD to happen. Nya. But also, while trying to please you all, I had to process through a lot of pain. I will be fine.' Vodkana smiled.
    She wagged her tail pateintly.
    'Maybe I am too emotional... I knyow. But I am an artist, and my whole thing. Also daddy+mommy issues. But I guess we have a lot to be prepared for. Will you agree to help me train? One hottie Incirrian agreed to train me for discpline, but I am taking anything I can learn.'

[The Other World}

Spoon looked at the sword with curiosity. How would it work for dead people? Of course, he could convince someone else to try it...

but for now...

Dishanna has carved out of reality the products for the contest- a stadium which will fit all of her rivals and of course the road serpent.
    They have agreed to split the serpent into half.

Spoon was determined- of anything, THIS will prove his superiority!
    He has ordered his chefs around to bring tools and ingrdeints.

Meanwhile Dishanna simply sat and sipped from a cup of tea.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Arclight Dreadnought

Wait, others experience hunger, too? He asked, genuinely surprised by the question. That is impossible. Hunger is a flaw in my design, and I am unique. Why else would the doctor forget to feed me, for days on end, unless it was because it was rare? Despite his high intelligence beyond his years, Nelnine doesn't appear to be well taken care of, and simply rationalized his living standards. On closer examination, he does seem quite skinny.

I haven't eaten in two days. It hurts. The Doctor says I must be able to take food for myself but...I don't know how or where to begin. The Doctor doesn't care if I live or die, he'll just create Nelten. You...you aren't expendable, are you? Tell me they care if you live. If they think you're in danger...they might come in to rescue you.

Jade

I can explain it better. Apfel said, allowing Artic to talk to Jade telepathically. You see, general relativity means that as velocity approaches the speed of light-err, no. Let's try this: Imagine you have three ships:

Ship A can travel at 100% the speed of light, and is going somewhere one light-year away.

Ship B can travel at 99% the speed of light, and is going somewhere ninety-ninth of a light-year away.

Ship C can travel at 50% the speed of light, and is going somewhere 50% of a light-year away.

If they all leave at the same time, they will all arrive at their destination, at the same time.

However the people aboard their ships experience time differently. On Ship C, it took them just under a year to get to their destination. For Ship B, the trip seemed to take only a few weeks, and on Ship A, the trip was instantaneous. They all arrived at their destination at the same time, so a year has passed. But as an object approaches the speed of light, their perception of time quickens exponentially. A trip that would take years might feel like only a few seconds, if the ship was traveling fast enough. This phenomenon is part of what is known as General Relativity. It's a...tough concept to wrap your head around, admittedly, but...it just works. Trust me.

Explorers on the frontier of space, exploring uncharted galaxies spend a lot of time in FTL, and are known to live twice, sometimes even three times past their normal lifespans because of relativity.

So the plan is to put Perfect Cell Jr. in a ship traveling at just under the speed of light, for a week. For him, a few minutes pass. For the rest of you, a week does. That should give Oxyribo enough time to train in the hyperbolic time chamber and power up.

Speaking of, Oxy, I know you can hear me, but the rest of them can deal with Kurumo and his golden boy. Perfect Cell Jr. is a more immediate threat, and even if they can't stop him, well, we'll need you as our last line of defense. Can you do that?

Lum V

Well, that's something at least. Artic says as he calls on a ship to pick them up. One he can control and pilot. He's an intergalactic business mogul, so he can just buy one if he has to.

Not gonna lie, I don't like this, but if it's what I have to do to save my people, let's get this over with. He's banking on the fact that among the DNA and memories of Perfect Cell Jr's components, none of them are physicists, which so far seems very likely.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2019-02-10 at 05:32 AM.