New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

The Planet of the Kais

Max seemed rather surprised to see any other people on the planet beyond Shin, caught up for a few moments looking around at the kais in training. As the final silence fell upon the conversation, Max cleared his throat and responded, "Well, that's because I know Shin's power signature. I mean, I suppose I could have dropped us here at the Z-sword, but that probably would have been..." Max considers for a moment, then continues, "Well, I suppose that would have been less awkward than this rather cool exchange. Right, so..." Max held his hand out to Shin, "Long time no see, I'm Max Banders, from an alternate future that collapsed because of...as far as I can tell, a temporal war. I imagine it was the fault of someone very technically capable and at the same time stupid. In any case, I wound up here, which is still the past for me. In any case, Back in my home timeline, I trained here with ah...well, he's probably still in the Z-sword. Never did get his name, now that I think about it."

Clearing his throat again, Max moved on, "In any case, that's why I know you...or at least, an alternate future version of you. A little. In any case, the current issue that brought us up here was looking for...some guy named Kurumo, right?" Max looked over to Tarasai, then continued, "Seems to be some kind of fate shenanigans going on, and that seemed to be a good excuse to come on up and say hello. So, you know, Hello. Also, wow...there's a lot more people up here than when I came by. I thought this place was basically just you and Kibito...or, whoever your attendant/secretary person is."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Mekrashin:

He scratches the side of his head. This was a very weird and oddly calm meeting with an alien for the first meeting. It felt wrong to Mekrashin. Where was the usual greetings of people going "aaaah an Ork!" and opening fire so that he could yell "Waaaaaagh!" and charge into the fray?

"....I ain't came 'ere fer any porpoises. See, allyun, m'names Mekrashin Darok."

He literally pronounces it as "me-crashing da-rock."

"A Mekboy o' Klan Blood Axe, on da run from a big Warlord, an Ork by da name o' Deatheye. Reel dangruss 'e is. Leeds a WAAAAAAAGH!! o' Goff Klan Orks, see? Bigga den' me an' tink all ovva Orks arr Un-Orky. Metinks dem jus' bloody gitz dey arrr. See, he beet me up an' made me join 'is WAAAAAAAGH!! So I kould make 'im orky tek, y'know? But me noggin' is biggah, see? so metinks: why not make sumfin' ta make me stronga an' stomp 'im roit good? Only 'E found out, see? So I 'ad ta run away wit' it so I can come back. Datz how Orkz always win: Ya win ya win, ya die ya die fightin' so it don't count an' if we runz for it we don't lose eva cos we come back for annuver go, see!"

"An' I'm Stabbit, a grot, Mekrashin's me boss as o' da rest of da krew dyin'. Teknikally me first mate now."

"Oi, I didnay say dat, ya grot."

"Do ya haff any ovva opshun?"

"......Ah shaddup."
    Starlight's eyes widened at the mention of dead crewmates. She turned to Beryl.

"Beryl, quick. Can you locate their ship? See if there are any survivors, or if we can revive them?" she asked. Then she turned back to the orks.

"My name is Starlight Quiver. I'm sorry about your ship and crew. We tried to call your ship before shooting it, but we didn't hear you reply. Why didn't you reply?" she asked the orks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Mekrashin:
    "Hrm? Eh, dem gitz we're mutinying 'gainstz me fer leeding dem inta kannon fire anywayz, killed dem right good ta protect meself. We didn't haff time ta say anyfin' anywayz, an' I jus' figgered dat ye wuld blast me anyways, dats errywun does ta orks, an' I figgered if I wanted ta die, I'd at least go out fightin' wit' me choppa an' shoota in hand dan gettin' blasted outta da black."
    "Boss....I don't tink dat allyunz tink good 'bout dat." stabbit says back.
    "Well den' if'n dey haff a prob wit it, well.....y'know da sayin' 'bout orks neva losin'. It'll at least be wun fun final fight eh wot!"
    He pats his Choppa. He didn't seem actually afraid of any of you, he just preferred living over dying and knew to avoid things that were "bigger" than him because going after them is not conducive to keep on living. Beryl uses scrying magic to look upon the wreckage.
    "......Yeah, I'm not seeing anyone alive. To be fair, they're Orks, they'd probably attack people for funsies."
    "Pretty much yah. By da way, y'know anywun ok wit sum good fightin'? Orkses start feelin' lonely without fightin' afta while."
    Mekrashin wasn't even ashamed of the accusation. What Ork would?
    "Yeah, its probably a bad time to mention that Orks literally need fighting the way humans need socialization. They're literally an terraforming ecology-wide super-soldier: everything from the funguses that they eat, to the pets they raise, is a part of their eternal engine of war. According to what I read of them, they literally are completely fulfilled by fighting and do not imagine or reach for anything better. You couldn't pick a race more different from ponies if you tried. Even saiyans aren't as bad as them."
    "Wotz a saiyan?"
    "Forget you heard that."
    "Nah. Weird allyunz and yer disloik o' fightin' furevva. Hippakrits, da lot o' ya."
    "....How?"
    "Cuz, ya'll hav grots and orkses parts o' ye, jus' loik us. Only yeh calls dem orkses partz warryaz or soljas, and da grot parts da normiez or sivviez. Da soljas arrr always dere jus' as much as da sivviez, an' why wouldn' ya make dem, if'n dey didn' enjoy bein' soljas and fightin' eh? An' da WAAAAAGHs keep happenin'. So ta me, dey all hippakritz. I try ta avoid 'arming da sivviez dough, dey aren' interested in havin' a good time, loik a grot. Stik in da mudz all o' dem."
    Jade just shrugs at this. His viewpoint was so alien to her that it didn't really matter to her emotionally. Yankar just silently stares and observes the Ork, not knowing what to make of this big green lug, but he leaned towards not being impressed, big muscle-y builds had a lot of power but if he lacked speed or the dexterity to use it, it didn't really matter.

Planet of the Kais
    "....Its an entire planet. One larger than most terrestrial ones. What sense would there be in making it for only one or two people? That would be a horrible waste of resources as well as a ridiculous show of vanity and pride. They must've just been on some other places on the planet. Its big."
    Yeah most of those training Shinjins were what you see on the way walking here. In cosmic terms, a mile or two is relatively close to Shin, to be fair. I'm mean you teleported across distances vaster than the galaxy you come from. Getting within a mile of your target is pretty accurate.
    "Yes, the Shinjin Academy is on here, as well as various other things like the Vault of Artifacts, The Archive of Endless Knowledge, The Z-Sword- wait what about the Z-Sword?"
    I mean, what, did you think it was just an endless field of grass or something? No. Its the Planet of the Kais. Its important. With various important things on it.
    "I share his confusion: What of the Z-Sword did you just mention?"
    You just mentioned it offhand, now people are going to investigate it. Remember: absolutely no one knew that Elder Kai was in there. Someone being trapped in a sword sounds like a problem they'd care about. Fair warning: They're probably not going to consider him a good pick for a ruler considering his personality. Furthermore Elder Kai by the time of his release had only one millennium of life left, and the Shinjin live for over 75 million years, for reference Shin here is 20 million years old. He is not going to be a good pick for a long term ruler from a Shinjin point of view.

I mean really, when you think about it his only real use is Unlock Potential and a technique to sacrifice oneself to resurrect someone else called Life Transfusion. Though considering the number of self-sacrificing people you know, that last one might not actually be that bad. But then again, its probably morally wrong to leave people within swords in general, regardless.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #94

RedWizardGuy

The Planet of the Kais

Max shrugged, "I dunno, about a hundred years before I was born, there was a knock down drag out brawl between the strongest mortals in the universe and majin buu here, I had kind of figured it was only inhabited by the people I'd met. Because...seriously, how crazy would it be to offer your planet as a fighting ground for that kind of battle? But to get back to the Z-sword...well, at least in my timeline there was an ancient Kai stuck in it. Super wrinkly too, I guess he was just that old or something. Considering how strong the guy who broke it in my timeline was, I figured it might be a while to get someone that strong...so I just kind of forgot to mention it until either I, or someone I knew, would be strong enough to break it."

Max scratched the back of his head, "But while we're here I suppose we could give it a try. Unless one of you knows some kind of mysterious supreme kai magic to break the seal on the sword and release the guy." Max blinks a bit, "Oh, now that I'm thinking about it, I should have stopped by to tell you about the Z-sword years ago, I'm sure the Old Kai could finish your supreme kai training...."

Max seems to be on something of a roll of off handedly dropping drama bombs on the kais. Maybe if he does it enough one of them will keel over from a series of stress induced heart attacks. Of course, that's not Max's intention, he's just talking. "Oh, and if we're going to go try and break the Z-sword, we should probably follow up on that whole Fate-sight blocking thing that brought us here in the first place at the same time. It seems rather time sensitive."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Mekrashin:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hrm? Eh, dem gitz we're mutinying 'gainstz me fer leeding dem inta kannon fire anywayz, killed dem right good ta protect meself. We didn't haff time ta say anyfin' anywayz, an' I jus' figgered dat ye wuld blast me anyways, dats errywun does ta orks, an' I figgered if I wanted ta die, I'd at least go out fightin' wit' me choppa an' shoota in hand dan gettin' blasted outta da black."
    "Boss....I don't tink dat allyunz tink good 'bout dat." stabbit says back.
    "Well den' if'n dey haff a prob wit it, well.....y'know da sayin' 'bout orks neva losin'. It'll at least be wun fun final fight eh wot!"
    He pats his Choppa. He didn't seem actually afraid of any of you, he just preferred living over dying and knew to avoid things that were "bigger" than him because going after them is not conducive to keep on living. Beryl uses scrying magic to look upon the wreckage.
    "......Yeah, I'm not seeing anyone alive. To be fair, they're Orks, they'd probably attack people for funsies."
    "Pretty much yah. By da way, y'know anywun ok wit sum good fightin'? Orkses start feelin' lonely without fightin' afta while."
    Mekrashin wasn't even ashamed of the accusation. What Ork would?
    "Yeah, its probably a bad time to mention that Orks literally need fighting the way humans need socialization. They're literally an terraforming ecology-wide super-soldier: everything from the funguses that they eat, to the pets they raise, is a part of their eternal engine of war. According to what I read of them, they literally are completely fulfilled by fighting and do not imagine or reach for anything better. You couldn't pick a race more different from ponies if you tried. Even saiyans aren't as bad as them."
    "Wotz a saiyan?"
    "Forget you heard that."
    "Nah. Weird allyunz and yer disloik o' fightin' furevva. Hippakrits, da lot o' ya."
    "....How?"
    "Cuz, ya'll hav grots and orkses parts o' ye, jus' loik us. Only yeh calls dem orkses partz warryaz or soljas, and da grot parts da normiez or sivviez. Da soljas arrr always dere jus' as much as da sivviez, an' why wouldn' ya make dem, if'n dey didn' enjoy bein' soljas and fightin' eh? An' da WAAAAAGHs keep happenin'. So ta me, dey all hippakritz. I try ta avoid 'arming da sivviez dough, dey aren' interested in havin' a good time, loik a grot. Stik in da mudz all o' dem."
    Jade just shrugs at this. His viewpoint was so alien to her that it didn't really matter to her emotionally. Yankar just silently stares and observes the Ork, not knowing what to make of this big green lug, but he leaned towards not being impressed, big muscle-y builds had a lot of power but if he lacked speed or the dexterity to use it, it didn't really matter.
    Starlight frowned. "If you say so...." she said. It was their culture, and she wasn't going to interfere, even if she disagreed with it. "Well, you seem decent enough, so as long as you don't go about blowing up civilians or animals, I have no problem with you. Just don't go forcing animals to do your bidding again." She pat the T-Rex again for emphasis.

Meanwhile, Starlight tapped into the Khala to contact Max telepathically. Hey Max, the orks seem decent enough, not interested in harming civilians, so I see nothing more to do here. Do you want me to bring them to the city anyways, just to be safe?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-03-11 at 09:04 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Mekrashin:
    Jade and Beryl both facefault at this seemingly matter of fact judgement of them being "decent" while Masala just goes
    "Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!"
    While pumping her arms up in the air. Yankar just shrugs. The two cyborgs right themselves and says
    "We're really giving a race literally designed to do nothing but fight forever a chance. What even is my life."
    "I'm pretty sure this Mekrashin guy is not normal for his species.....he is making distinctions that I don't think the Orks we read about would make."
    "But then again, Starlight herself shows capabilities that we thought the ponies we watched about were never capable of, like ki use, so maybe the depictions are exaggerated and narrowed in fiction a little?"
    "I guess that makes sense, but Max seemed pretty right about them being consistent with the ones we know of."
    "Lets just hope the Tau didn't follow him here too."
    Yeah Tau is not happening. Oppressive space nazi empire was last arc.
    "Woteva, I'm a freebootah, so I do wot I want."
    "Aaaaaah. Now things are making sense. Rogue Trader rpg canon it is then. But seriously Ork, don't cause trouble. I've taken down many foes like you."

Planet of the Kais:
    The Kais gape at this information.
    "....This will be a lot to process. I will have to make sure we find a way to release this Kai from the Z-Sword. But yes, fate incident you say...?"
    "Yes we are searching for Kurumo, because we need to speak to him about-"
    "I don't think you'll need to search for him."
    Shin says, pointing at a flying figure approaching
    "He is coming this way."
    Kurumo soon lands and bows to Shin.
    "Supreme Kai! I came as soon as I can. I have grave news: The Scrolls of Constellations of the Eastern Zodiac Style, Dance of Quantum Chaos and Branching Fruits of Possibility has been stolen."
    He then looks at Tarasai and Max.
    "Why hello North Supreme Kai your back, who is...this guest of yours?"
    Kurumo now that you see him looks middle-aged compared to Shin. He is just as tall as Max, has a fu-manchu mustache, his hair tied up in an eastern style bun, and has a faced that looks smooth but strong as if chiseled about of stone. His voice is deep but not ridiculously so, and has an air of sophistication to it. He wears the same clothes as the supreme kai or you.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-03-11 at 01:32 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97

RedWizardGuy

Planet of the Kais

Max held his hand out to Kurumo as he spoke up to answer that question, "Hello there, I'm Max Banders. Nice to meet you, Kurumo, was it? I've heard good things about you, strong ethics, morally upright, and so on. We're up here following up on some interference a friend and ally was having with their whole voodoo precognition magic thing they have going on, and it rather sounds like that scroll you mentioned could be related. Perhaps you could elaborate on that and we could work together to find out what's truly going on?"

Max was already seeding contingencies. He hadn't mentioned himself as anyone of importance, let alone as being privy to important information like the Z-sword or what have you. Instead, he was trying to focus the conversation down on what was going on with the fate sight, feigning a lack of knowledge in the area by referring to it as 'voodoo magic' and hedging his bets with regards to Kurumo. If it turned out Kurumo was trustworthy, great, he could drop the act later and apologize for being suspicious. If it turned out Kurumo was not trustworthy, then at least Max would have seeded the future of a moment where he might be able to surprise the kai and turn the tide. All hidden under his slightly goofy, friendly banter.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Mekrashin:

Jade and Beryl both facefault at this seemingly matter of fact judgement of them being "decent" while Masala just goes "yaaaaaaaaaaaay!" while pumping her arms up in the air. Yankar just shrugs. The two cyborgs right themselves and says

"We're really giving a race literally designed to do nothing but fight forever a chance. What even is my life."
    "Jade! I'm surprised at you!" Starlight reprimanded the cyborg. "I thought you were better than judging someone based solely on their species. Have you forgotten that I used to think the exact same way of you and the rest of the Alliance?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Mekrashin:
    "......Sorry. Its just that the ones I've read about were literally from a world of eternal war and grim darkness, where four evil psychic gods feed off the greatest flaws of humanity. I thought Orkz were as fictional as ponies when I read about them, and now I see both are real, and not sure what to think of what this implies. I guess looking down on others for being warlike is relative."
    "Ain't nevah heard o' four godz for hummiez. Only Gork N' Mork. Dey gods of Orkz. Hate trombonez. Kommand us to kill dat musical instrument fer sum reesun. Ta make sure we survoiv sumhow. Dunno how dat workz, but datz the 'oly ordaz from dem. Only wunz 'anded down. Aside from "MOAR DAKKA" an' "WAAAAAAAAGH!"."
    Yes, many Orkz have started wars by attacking orchestras because of this religious order.
    "But I will give him a chance....though we might have to look into figuring out how to control his spores. Max is right about that being a biohazard. Other orkz might not be as decent."

(Just a reminder, Sagetim you should probably respond to Starlight's telepathy)

Planet of the Kais:
    "Hm? Really? Nice to meet you, Max. What exactly happened, North Supreme Kai?" Kurumo says in response. Hm, this human was male so he wasn't one of the Skinwalkers. He doubted he was any threat to him.
    "There was a fate attack on me the Rebel Alliance, with the possibility of a daughter of our friends dying. We came to investigate who could've done this."
    "Ok, but How did the theft happen? Who did it?"
    "I checked the recordings on my scrying orbs and they showed that there was a break in, a small cell of three Trombone Cultists in the Archives of Endless Knowledge a few hours ago."
    He says summoning one to his and showing the three cultists stealing the scrolls: A white namekian, a undead looking arcosian and a pale brench yardrat. The Yardrat teleported them in, the arcosian used his brute force to break past the defenses and the namekian took the scrolls and then they teleported out
    "From my records, these three are highly dangerous individuals: the namekian is known as Guita, he is the leader was born with a rare ability known as Technique Mimicry. He could learn all these styles within a short amount of time, and then who knows what terrible things he will unleash. The Arcosian is known as Glacen, a soldier and arcosian supremacist who deserted the empire's army when Hailing was defeated, and the yardrat, known as Infil who became a fanatical Trombone believer after his younger brother died. He knows Instant Transmission, and is how they got in without being detected."
    ".....Hm, could they be the ones behind the missile attack? Between Shanakan and Luxana foiling a trombone attack about eleven years ago, and the Referas defeating Hailing after that, this group seems to have a lot of motivation to see them both dead in revenge."
    "Could Guita really have learned enough Fate arts to pull off something that fast?"
    "Its not beyond possibility. The scrolls have animated magical enchantments upon them to demonstrate the technique better as most martial artists are visual-kinesthetic learners, its often better to show rather than tell how to techniques to them, and masters aren't always alive to show them, so we just started making pictures of the techniques and animating them so that they can see them in motion. A person with Technique Mimicry is just a really extreme version of that kind of learning, and if Guita learns enough he could be quite a threat. They seem to be operating separate of Clarin however, so I doubt they have any others around to help them."
    The true strength of such rebellious organizations is their ability to be decentralized and operate independently of one another. It meant that the could split off and thus if one part doesn't succeed another might, even if strength was lessened. That was also the weakness: splitting off meant they were not as much of a threat if they can't find a way to become one.
    "Hm yes. Perhaps Guita came in, took the scrolls then teleported back to his base and remotely engineered that attack after learning a couple techniques from the scroll of the Eastern Zodiac. Its rash yes, but the Trombone cultists are known for their reckless impulsive attacks, and someone with Technique Mimicry would probably be arrogant enough to think that he can pull such things off from only a few minutes of study."
    To be fair, crazier things have happened. Like Cell or Kid Buu instantly learning Instant Transmission after regenerating from planet destroying attacks when it took Goku a year to learn.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-03-11 at 08:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Telepathy
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Starlight frowned. "If you say so...." she said. It was their culture, and she wasn't going to interfere, even if she disagreed with it. "Well, you seem decent enough, so as long as you don't go about blowing up civilians or animals, I have no problem with you. Just don't go forcing animals to do your bidding again." She pat the T-Rex again for emphasis.

Meanwhile, Starlight tapped into the Khala to contact Max telepathically. Hey Max, the orks seem decent enough, not interested in harming civilians, so I see nothing more to do here. Do you want me to bring them to the city anyways, just to be safe?
    Max's first response was "Oh, neat, I didn't know you had telepathy. This is kind on a different wavelength than normal though. In any case: Hahahahaha, no. Do not bring any Orks into my city. Ideally, burn them from existence and remove any spores they release on death with fire. Well, I suppose that's assuming they operate as they did in my time. On the off chance that you can manage to talk to the Ork or Orks, you know, without them just starting a fight and proclaiming a Waaagh, then the safest manner of containing them would be to retrieve space suit watches from the city using your teleportation and getting the Orks to put them on and deploy the suits. It should isolate them enough from the environment to keep them from scattering spores all around. Oh, and if you've been touched by them before you head back to the city, the automated system will want you to go through decontamination. The sensors in the city are set up to detect Orks as a biohazard and remove that biohazard from the city...usually with fire and or cleaning agents. So, yeah, bad idea to bring them into it."

((thanks for the reminder, Raziere))

Planet of the Kais

Max just stood there listening with his hands in his pockets while the kais spoke. He didn't have the specific context of a lot of what they were talking about, so he was filling that in by assigning definitions as he listened. It seemed rather convenient that Kurumo seemed to know so much about the perpetrators, their motivations, and what had happened, but at the same time, it made sense if he was competent at his job. After all, security wasn't just sitting around waiting for something to happen, it included being proactive in awareness of potential threats and preparing for the most likely ones. Which is where things started to seem odd again. If Kurumo, or his division, was aware of people with those capabilities that could have intent to break in and steal something, wouldn't they have worked on or installed a countermeasure to the Instant Transmission? Now that he thought about it, Max wondered how the yardat had managed to target his Instant Transmission to the Planet of the Kais. He would have had to know someone's ki who was here, and at least in his own timeline, you needed credentials to freely move between the living world and afterlife, without them you wound up at the check in station. Then again, his timeline had a lot of apparently weird things going on, so Max set that reason aside and threw a mental rug over it. Still, wouldn't the trombone cultist have needed a targeting point? Did that mean that there was a mole in the security forces who had colluded with the yardat, was the story they were being told bogus, or did the security forces for this planet have regular excursions to the mortal realm to fight this faction of cultists the Max had never really heard of.

Being quite adept at multi-tasking, Max took the opportunity presented by the others talking to respond to Starlight's telepathy, and when an opportunity arose, Max spoke up, "I don't suppose you know where these....uh...Trombone Cultists, was it? Happen to be? With your whole, divine scrying orb thing and all that? If they are really all that dangerous and in possession of the scroll, it shouldn't be too much trouble to go and confront them about it, talk to them. Sounds like they'd be more than willing to go on at length about their plans if they're so audacious?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Spoiler: Telepathy
    Show

Max's first response was "Oh, neat, I didn't know you had telepathy. This is kind on a different wavelength than normal though. In any case: Hahahahaha, no. Do not bring any Orks into my city. Ideally, burn them from existence and remove any spores they release on death with fire. Well, I suppose that's assuming they operate as they did in my time. On the off chance that you can manage to talk to the Ork or Orks, you know, without them just starting a fight and proclaiming a Waaagh, then the safest manner of containing them would be to retrieve space suit watches from the city using your teleportation and getting the Orks to put them on and deploy the suits. It should isolate them enough from the environment to keep them from scattering spores all around. Oh, and if you've been touched by them before you head back to the city, the automated system will want you to go through decontamination. The sensors in the city are set up to detect Orks as a biohazard and remove that biohazard from the city...usually with fire and or cleaning agents. So, yeah, bad idea to bring them into it."
    Starlight's eye twitched. Okay, what is it with you humans and your fanatic racism?! she snapped mentally. Max could feel her irritation seeping through the mental link. You hear there's an ork here, and your first reaction is to kill it. What is wrong with you?! I thought we were done with this ten years ago, but here we go again! So let me make this clear: there will be no killing and no burning with fire unless he poses a clear and immediate threat, is that understood?! And also, technically I'm sharing my thoughts with you through the collective unconscious, or the "Khala". Us of the RA used it during the final battle with Hailing to beat back his final attack. That's the power of harmony.

Mekrashin:

"......Sorry. Its just that the ones I've read about were literally from a world of eternal war and grim darkness, where four evil psychic gods feed off the greatest flaws of humanity. I thought Orkz were as fictional as ponies when I read about them, and now I see both are real, and not sure what to think of what this implies. I guess looking down on others for being warlike is relative."

"Ain't nevah heard o' four godz for hummiez. Only Gork N' Mork. Dey gods of Orkz. Hate trombonez. Kommand us to kill dat musical instrument fer sum reesun. Ta make sure we survoiv sumhow. Dunno how dat workz, but datz the 'oly ordaz from dem. Only wunz 'anded down. Aside from "MOAR DAKKA" an' "WAAAAAAAAGH!"."

Yes, many Orkz have started wars by attacking orchestras because of this religious order.

"But I will give him a chance....though we might have to look into figuring out how to control his spores. Max is right about that being a biohazard. Other orkz might not be as decent."
    Starlight thought for a moment. "Normally I would be concerned about the ethics of controlling another species's reproductive methods, but I can see how it could possibly be a threat. We may have to use one of Max's spacesuits. I'll see if I can get him to modify it so it only activates when they release their spores."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Mekrashin:
    "Eh, to be fair I foind Da....watchmacallit da flyin' blue one...."
    "Pony? Starlight?"
    "Punny'z wayz jus' as odd. All Peacerior's wayz arr straynj ta me."
    "Peacerior?"
    "Yeah. S'loik a warrya, 'cept wit' peace."
    "You mean an ambassador."
    "Nah. Peacerior."
    "Starlight is right, after all our daughter IS a demon. So by normal mythical logic thats already worse than an ork, and shes family."
    Mekrashin is confused.
    "But if 'Es a demon, wherez da hornz an' wotnot?"
    He says looking at Masala.
    "Not that kind of demon!"
    "Deres ovva kindz?"
    "Its more like I'm a magical spirit thats physically present. Djinn or Genie is probably the most accurate term, but the name of the species I am is Majin. Which MEANS demon, in the sense of DAEMON, which is just a spirit that might or might not be dangerous? Honestly, even I'm not all that clear on that sort of thing? Spirit taxonomy is a complicated and confusing subject, made worse by different languages having different words to refer what is basically the same thing, but differences due to mythological connotations due to the superstitions that surround them! Good thing we don't meet many."
    "Yeah, I've heard Piccolo's minions being referred to as demons, Cell apparently once called the Arcosians "Frost demons", there are the demons of Makai...."
    "yeah I mean, Greek: Daemon, China: Yao-Guai, Japan: Yokai, India: Deva, Daeva,
    Asura. Celtic: Fae. There are a lot of names for spirits. More confusing is that mortals can turn into gods and demons and mythology is full of tales of both doing the opposite, and people often mistake aliens for spirits. Its a confusing subject."

"how much are willing to bet there is a race of aliens out there that are basically Fair Folk?"
    "No bet."
    "No bet."

Planet of the Kais:
    "Let see.......they are on Planet Scrap, Northeast Hemisphere, 3789th district, Tellas Street, Apartment 17-V, as for talking to them. I advise against it for your own safety. They are fanatics whose goal is to destroy all of existence. They don't take prisoners, as they much prefer to slaughter people to give them the void that their so-called savior preached. Talking is useless when their ultimate goal is incompatible with all others. Do this right, by procedure: apprehend them, knock them out and perhaps the Onis of Hell, the most expert interrogators in all the cosmos can wring something out of them afterwards, the longer they remain at large, the more they can distract you while Guita learns the techniques and becomes more dangerous by doing so."
    Kurumo knew that Max stopping to talk would be his own undoing. The human underestimates them if he thinks he would have the time. They were a legitimate threat, and he was fine with either side dying: either Max would win and eliminate some cultists that had been annoying him for some time, or Guita could win and provide Kurumo an opportunity to defeat Guita himself or by siccing Solitus on him. He had all the angles worked out.

13. - Top - End - #103

RedWizardGuy

Telepathy

Max let out a mental sigh, then responded, "Well, you try growing up on a world repeatedly threatened by Ork invasion. It's not like I only read about them in a book, their forces tried to invade my home planet more than once. Every encounter my species had with them was hostile, and after a while, we stopped trying to talk to them and defaulted to shooting first, burning later, and asking questions from the forensics analysis. I know, not the most enlightened and peaceful of viewpoints, but I have yet to meet a reasonable Ork. Even so, if you think you've found one, then good luck. I still don't want to have to deal with Ork spores threatening my planet's biosphere. So, Khala then, neat. Also, the guy here that Tarasai knows seems to think the perpetrator of the Fate interference thing is a group of something called Trombone Cultists. I'll see if I can follow up on this lead. In the meantime, please, please get the Orks to put the space suits on, if nothing else. I don't want to come home to a planet where a percentage of it has been converted into Orks going into a Waagh."

Planet of the Kais

"Well, that sounds incredibly impolite of them. Surely, they sound like they could use a sound instruction in better manners. I will see to this task." Max then turned and nodded to Tarasai, "Thank you for allowing me to see this wonderous place, North Supreme Kai, was it? I am sure you have much to discuss with the super supreme kai, so I will leave you to it as I bring great justice to these foes of the heavens." Max then looked back to Kurumo, "Perhaps you could provide me with a teleport to the destination? I am, after all, merely mortal. I had to rely on the good graces of the North Supreme Kai to get here. And with you knowing where they are, and being the head of security, it would do much to strike terror into the evil hearts of our foes if they were to see such an endorsement as presence, even for a moment?" Max had his suspicions, so rather than tipping his hand and displaying his capabilities, it made more sense to him to play the fool and see if he might be able to get a bit more of a read on Kurumo. This would also give Shin and Tarasai and opportunity to speak in privacy, though that might not go so well. Or the opportunity to unseal the Z-Sword...which they might never get to if the previous icy attitudes had been any hint. Well, Max was pretty sure that at least Tarasai would pick up that he was playing the idiot when Max mentioned relying on the kai to get there. And he hoped neither of the pair would call him on that. Crap, he was relying on them to be able to passably lie, wasn't he?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Telepathy

Max let out a mental sigh, then responded, "Well, you try growing up on a world repeatedly threatened by Ork invasion. It's not like I only read about them in a book, their forces tried to invade my home planet more than once. Every encounter my species had with them was hostile, and after a while, we stopped trying to talk to them and defaulted to shooting first, burning later, and asking questions from the forensics analysis. I know, not the most enlightened and peaceful of viewpoints, but I have yet to meet a reasonable Ork. Even so, if you think you've found one, then good luck. I still don't want to have to deal with Ork spores threatening my planet's biosphere. So, Khala then, neat. Also, the guy here that Tarasai knows seems to think the perpetrator of the Fate interference thing is a group of something called Trombone Cultists. I'll see if I can follow up on this lead. In the meantime, please, please get the Orks to put the space suits on, if nothing else. I don't want to come home to a planet where a percentage of it has been converted into Orks going into a Waagh."
    Starlight considered this for a moment. I have a better idea, she replied, as she began charging a spell. To the orkz, she said, "Your kind reproduce via spores, right? Well, unfortunately we can't have you doing that on this world, so if you don't mind, I'm just going to case a quick little spell to send any spores you release into a pocket dimension." With that, unless there was any resistance, she would cast the spell on the orks, a small mote of energy floating from her horn to them. They shouldn't feel any different afterwards.

"By the way, you mentioned trombones? Actually, there is an extremely dangerous alien named Trombone. Much, ah, flamez? Anyways, if I may, I have a feeling your gods meant his forces, not the musical instruments."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-03-13 at 09:14 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Mekrashin:
    "Hm. Woteva. S'not loik I kare 'bout sporez. As fer Trombone....Huh, dat makes a lot moar sensez. Fink da scriptjaz talkin' 'bout white korpse tings shoulda been my first kloo. Den da people dat follow in da Trombone Waaaagh.....dey Trombonerz?"
    Both human Referas giggle at that.
    "Yes. That is exactly what they are. They are Tromboners. I'm totally calling them that when I next get the chance."
    "The best part is that it fits given their color!"
    Masala is just confused for a moment before going.
    "Ugh, y'know I still don't get your dirty jokes, moms."
    Mekrashin and Stabbit both blink, they didn't get it either.

Planet of the Kais:
    "Yes, teleportation is a useful ability, I keep telling that you should learn it, Max." Tarasai says. Actually pretty good for once.
    Kurumo raises an eyebrow. He noticed a discrepancy regardless: Max fully admitted he could not teleport, yet seemed very confident in his skills for someone volunteering to take on three people, one which could grab the other two and teleport out to foil his efforts. Given that he suggested Kurumo's presence to be a scare tactic, he ruled out Max using stealth as a counter. That left three possibilities:
    1. Max was fast enough to reach someone trying to use instant transmission and cut off their hand or other incapacitating measure.
    2. Max had some technique or psychic ability to block teleportation as a passive effect while he fought, as him needing to concentrate on it would leave him too vulnerable to attacks during battle while alone
    3. Max had teleportation and was simply lying about it.
    Given that 1. would require a lot of specialization in speed to achieve and neglect other areas, and 2. was something Kurumo never heard about, Occam's razor dictated that 3. was the most likely possibility. Max suspected him, and for some reasons didn't want him to know he could do that. It would not be prudent to let him know that he knew however.
    "Oh, don't blame him Tarasai. Teleportation is a rare ability that is difficult to learn besides. Its sad that such a useful ability can't be widely taught, but thats the reality we live in. However, I do not engage in psychological mind games with criminals, and being experienced and older, I am more suited for a mission control position where I can make tactical decisions with clarity of mind and send for reinforcements without combat getting in the way. I would suggest having one of the apprentice kais accompany you instead, they are younger, spry and could use chances to prove themselves. Scare tactics I find are of limited use, and the safety of the universe is on the line. In this case the matter is best dealt with quickly, decisively and efficiently. I have no time for scare tactic nonsense."
    He really doesn't.

16. - Top - End - #106

RedWizardGuy

Telepathy

"Hey, if you can think of something else that works, more power to you. It looks like I'll be going after these Tromboninites, Trombobsters? Trombonians? Trombonanas. Yeah, I'll go with that. Anyway, It looks like I'll be teaming up with one of the apprentice Kais to try and deal with them. Having met Kurumo, I'm still suspicious of him. Some things aren't quite adding up, but not enough to prove anything. So, you know, use that information as needed."

World of the Kais

Max had been hoping to convey the kind of stupid self confidence that he had seen and had a good long time to study with Yankar, but he wasn't sure if his acting was up to the task. If nothing else, Kurumo wasn't calling him out on his lie, so it was time to play the cards in hand for the time being. "Ah, yes, of course one with your long experience and high esteem should remain out of danger, ready to coordinate from afar. If you would be so kind as to summon forth the one I will be working with, I am sure we can use our lickety speed to subdue these dangerous cultists before they know left from right."

Max wasn't sure how much more stupid b.s. he had in him. He had been calling things by the wrong name to try and convey an air of being strong but not so smart. If he laid it on too thick, Max figured he ran the risk of being called out on it by the Kai, and then the jig would be up. But if he managed just the right amount, he might convince Kurumo that he was some kind of idiot. Or at least plant the seed of doubt. Of course, this all hinged on Max hoping that he had thus far been beneath the notice of the celestial bureaucracy at large. If someone was aware that Max had been uplifting his species, then the jig would surely be up. Or they would think that his species must be absolute morons if he was what they were being uplifted to. Neither of those was a preferable outcome, really.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Planet of the Kais:
    Kurumo thinks to himself that Max made the mistake of allowing him to choose the apprentice. Now he could get rid of the one that might prove most troublesome during the attack that was going to come. Lets see......yes, probably her
    South Supreme Kai Arkea.
    He calls telepathically.
    Your assistance would be appreciated in apprehending some Trombone cultists.
    They have taken three martial scrolls and pose a great danger to the Universe

I understand! I'll be right there.
    Suddenly Arkea teleported in. She had bright pink skin, with white shoulder-length hair with a bob and was about as tall as Tarasai. Her supreme kai clothing were different colors, the first layer being a light green with the fancy vest on top being a different muted shade of pink and yellow sash, with the same brown boots.
    "Hello everyone! Tarasai good to see you again!"
    "Hello South Sup-"
    "Oh don't be so formal. We're siblings, or at least the closest thing Shinjin have to them. Let these old ones bother with long titles, I care not. You said there were Trombone Cultists, Kurumo?"
    "Yes." Kurumo says, expression unchanged as stone to her presence. This was apparently completely normal.
    "In brighter times, no doubt I would be sending the armies of Heaven to do this instead, but until we rebuild from the losses of the Trombone War, we are the protectors the universe has. This mortal here, Max has volunteered to help but unfortunately he cannot teleport. We know the location,so would be so kind as to back him up? Your martial style would prove most useful for this mission."
    He gives her the general rundown of the situation.
    "I see! Worry not, my skill in Timewalker's Grace Style will not fail us! But while I can manipulate time, its best to do this as soon as possible no?"
    She walks over to Max.
    "Wow. This is the first time I've seen a living mortal up close! Most of the ones I've seen have halos over their head. Your Max yes? Do not let the old Kurumo bother you, he is serious about everything! Can't take even a single joke."
    She holds out her hand to him.
    "Come, time is of the essence. Oh and one question....whats it like in the mortal realm?"
    You could've chosen Tarasai y'know.

18. - Top - End - #108

RedWizardGuy

Planet of the Kais

While it's true, Max Could have chosen Tarasai, that wouldn't have left Tarasai in a position where he could continue a further investigation into heaven. With a smile, Max reached out to take Arkea's hand, his grip strong and sure, "Mmm, noisy? At least compared to here. Lots of living things around to make noise, even if it's just a breeze through grass and trees."

If Arkea had not yet teleported them off to the destination, Max would take the opportunity to be ridiculous, slipping up and giving Arkea a one armed hug as he pointed off to the horizon with his other hand, "Now, let us be away, like a rampant steed of justice across the face of the mortal realm! Let these Trombonanas wilt and wither under the harsh light of justice!"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Planet of the Kais:
    Arkea looks at Max weirdly.
    "Now your just being cheesy."
    It didn't feel right to her. They teleport off.

Planet Scrap:
    You appear in a run down section of Planet Scrap. Much of this place seemed to be in ruins and slated for demolition, with not a lot of people around. The building you need to go to is near. Arkea looks around curiously, not used to this kind of sight.
    "Huh. Its so messy. And ruined. Are many places like this?"
    What will you do?

Planet of the Kais, Again:
    Tarasai and Shin look at each other.
    "Well, want to go off to the Z-Sword, to free that Old Kai?"
    "Yes. To save one from a time of who knows how long spent inside a sword. Do you want to come along Kurumo?"
    "Unfortunately I can't, I have to watch this fight in case I need intervene or send somebody else to help. Do let me knew how it goes."
    They both say goodbye and fly off towards it. Kurumo thinks to himself: It won't matter anyways. A kai from long past while more experienced would be someone from a completely different era. They'd have no knowledge of the today's issues, and Kurumo could not trust such a kai to solve them. They'd have no idea how much has changed. There used to be a great army of Jade Statues, a glorious army of Heaven that Kurumo commanded to protect it. But then Majin Buu happened, then the Trombone War, and most of that was wiped out, the remainder was sent to Hell for "failing to defend Heaven", on whose orders know one knew. Shin didn't authorize that, and Kurumo certainly didn't. Honestly when he found out whatever stupid shinjin punished the jade soldiers like that doing the best they were designed for, there was going be a reckoning.

But enough of that. Max was out of the Spirit World. That was all he needed to start the attack. He began communicating to all of Heaven through telepathy:
    "Attention everyone. This Kurumo, Head of Heavenly Security. We will now begin a safety drill. All of Spirit World will be locked down, with scrying, teleportation or telepathy unable to get in or out. This is routine and meant to keep us in practice in case of an emergency requiring it, and is no cause for concern. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience."
    He then makes a mudra with his hand and says as a command:
    "Emergency Protocol: Spirit World Lockdown."
    Instantly the view of Kurumo's own orbs turned to nothing but mist. In retrospect, he probably should've done this in the first place. But doing it this way has set Shin and Tarasai on the path to free that other from the Z-Sword, which Kurumo foresees as auspicious for him. How, he was not sure yet, but fate has never lied to him before.
    Your Perfection.
    He communicates telepathically to Solitus.
    You may now begin.

The Solitus Assault: Begin
    Solitus's eternal grin on his face widens a little more as he strokes his blond goatee.
    "Yes. It Is Time! In My Perfection, I Was Thought The Initiative Might Be Lost!"
    He turns to the assembled forces of Hell: space pirates, dead Arcosian soldiers from Hailing's conquering spree, murderers, assassins, bounty hunters from all across the universe, Jade soldiers that were a little cracked here and there, crazed nyagato cannibals, various saiyans long dead from their raiding and pillaging wanting to find Valhalla, Belilyans who tried to kill and the use skin of sapients in their clothing designs, demon worshippers who now praised Solitus instead, changelings from Equestria who in their gluttony sucked people dry of love, and so on. Villains of every stripe, every person that had ever sinned enough to be denied any place in Heaven was there- except for any Trombone Cultists.
    "My Legions.....Let Me Tell You A Little Story. It Was A Man, Long Ago, Named Trombone. He Thought He Could Defeat Heaven. He Thought He Could Destroy All Of Existence. He...Was A Pathetic Failure. Behold! Heaven Still Stands! The Kais Still Rule! Now Let Me Tell You Why He Did Not Succeed:

Because. He. Was. Not. ME!

Let Those Pale Corpses Preach Their Failed Savior For Now. Soon They Will Realize Their Folly. For I, Am Solitus. King Of All Kings. God Of All Gods. King Of All Gods. God Of All Kings. Son Of The Sun. I Am Perfection Incarnate, And Thus While Others See Only Criminals And Wretches, I See In All Beings, The Potential To Be Just As Great As Me. To Be..... PERFECT! And I Want To Bring That Perfection Out Its Shell. To Make It Shine In Golden Glory For All To See! There is Excellence With All Of You. I Believe That You Can All Tap Into It, And Bring A Victory Upon Heaven That No Pathetic Talking Corpse Ever Could!

Here Are My Orders, Let Them Fill Your Heart With My Golden Light: We Will Take Heaven, In a Single Swift Coup. We Will Do So, With Minimal Casualties On Both Sides. For Every Soul Lost, Is One That Cannot Be Uplifted Into Perfection When I Rule. We Will Capture the Shinjin, The Kais And Make Them Our Slaves As Punishment For Sending I, Solitus Down Here To A Place Where He Does Not Belong, Clearly Because They Were Envious Of The Perfection That Is My Birthright, That They Themselves Can Never Achieve. Worry Not! All Souls, Like Your Own, Will Eventually Be Redeemed In My Golden Light! For I Am Solitus, The Most Perfect God Of Everything, Anything Less Than Perfection In Anything I Do....Is Unacceptable!

Therefore As My Followers, Anything Less Than That, Is Unacceptable For You As Well. All Your Actions Reflect Upon Me! Remember This And Strive To Bring Out The Arete Within! But Worry Not. Do Not Let Doubt Fester In Your Heart. Have Faith In Me, Faith in SOLITUS, My Perfection, And All Will Become As Utopia! Let My Golden Light Into Your Soul, And You Shall Be Empowered! Uplifted! Enhanced Beyond The Confines Of Your Previous Lives Into Part Of Something Greater, Something Divine! So I Ask You Now: Do You Believe In Me?"

"Yes Solitus!"
    "Louder!"
    "YES SOLITUS!"
    "LOUDER!"
    "YES SOLITUS!!"
    "IF TRUE, THEN PRAISE ME! PRAISE SOLITUS AND LET YOUR SOUL BE EMPOWERED BY MY PERFECTION!"
    "PRAISE SOLITUS! PRAISE SOLITUS! PRAISE SOLITUS!"
    They yell at the top of their lungs, with every person chanting those words a golden "S" appears on their forehead in their fanaticism, their eyes glowing gold as they feel a heat within them pushing them to be better, to be perfect, to believe in Solitus with all their heart and obey his every command as the crowd reaches a feverish pitch. They were no longer a horde of motley criminals and villains, they felt....United. Singular. Unstoppable! They were one force. For one purpose: To fight for Solitus.
    "PERFECT! NOW BEHOLD MY POWER, MY LEGIONS OF LIGHT!"
    He looks up to the sky and shouts.
    "CLOUDS! PART!"
    The golden clouds that separated Heaven and Hell move aside, letting the light of heaven cascade down upon them until the sky was completely clear, revealing Snake Way and the planets above. Solitus looks to his legions and smiles before pointing upwards and yelling one final time:
    "CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGE!!!!"
    They roar in response and surge upwards all at once into the Heavens.

20. - Top - End - #110

RedWizardGuy

Planet Scrap

Max looked around, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned this way and that as he got a look around, "Seems pretty crowded. No, I'm sure there are other places crowded like this, but everywhere doesn't look like this. There's...variety."

As he moved to check the building they were supposed to go to, Max opened a telepathic channel to Arkea. This far away from Kurumo, Max hoped he was less likely to get picked up while using his own, regular flavor of telepathy. It had been the main reason he hadn't tried to coordinate better with Tarasai while on the Planet of the Kais: He just didn't know if Kurumo could pick up telepathy at short range. Arkea, was it? This is Max. Please don't be alarmed, I've been playing dumb in Kurumo's presence because something about him felt off. I suspect we've been sent into a trap here. And, of course, it's entirely possible that you were sent with me to eliminate me out of sight of heaven, but I'm fairly sure I don't rate that high on the 'potential threats' meter. Have you noticed anything odd about Kurumo's behavior?

As Max tried to get a mental conversation going with Arkea, he quietly walked his way up to the door of the building they were supposed to be investigating. To avoid making undue noise, he walked by placing the heel of his foot gently against the ground, then rolled his foot down for forward momentum. Perhaps a bit odd of a way to walk, but it was better than having his feet slap against the ground with every step and make noise. Once at the door, Max held a hand up to his ear and turned it to face the building. He was trying to pick up the trombone cultists with his ki senses, but if that failed, he would be trying to use the good old fashioned sense of hearing.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Planet Scrap:
    Oh! I see.
    she sends back. She puts on a clearly worried face while she thinks.
    Well lets see......Oh yes, over the last century he has been particularly impatient with Shin. He has always tried to get him to do anything. But the last century, he has been getting more and more angry while he does it! Because while Shin has a good heart....well....everyone can see that has zero confidence in his ability to get anything done himself. Tarasai and Deus both declared they were going change things in their own way a few centuries back, but oddly enough it was calm thoughtful Tarasai who went forth to the mortals and brash, fierce Deus who stayed to make planets. So everyone knows Shin hasn't a single thing to keep the Spirit World running or update anything since what happened with Buu. Oh I'm rambling um....Yeah, it was particularly bad today, he made a big furious rant at Shin over his inaction just hours ago! We all heard it, Shin basically had no response to any of it anymore.

Kurumo....well....he has also been spending more time in Hell than usual, I think the past......what was it, decade or so? Or was two? My memory is bad with small time increments....But yeah, he has been spending an unusual amount of time down there, he says he is doing it to map it out and start planning some way of repairing Hell's internal security? Because during the Trombone War a lot of the various things that kept all the sinners apart and in their own little hells to keep them from mingling and experiencing their own little punishments, it just all got wrecked, Hell is just not in order at all, most sinners roam freely through hells that spill out into each other, and only special cases get truly locked into something secure. So getting that fixed would be something important to him, as only the external defenses of the dimensional wall and the clouds are keeping the sinners in Hell. If my history is correct, the Spirit World spent all its time and energy repairing Heaven then the mortal realm after the Trombone War, as its a point of pride for the shinjin that Heaven be pristine. After all, if Heaven isn't....heavenly, who would want to go to it? We'd have rebellions and riots from Heaven's dead.

But yes, Kurumo's behavior: while repairing Hell is a thing that needs doing, its not urgent really. It would actually take centuries if not millennia to fully map out and take account of what needs repairing before you could even start, Hell is after all just as big as the rest of the universe in radius. Its not a one person job. Not that we have any choice, given that the government hasn't grown in 5 million years. The whole thing is basically stuck in a crippled, stagnant state. Its no wonder Kurumo feels all this really, but he is start to be more.....expressive about it. Which is saying a lot, Shinjin are taught self-control above all else. To emulate the Angels.

but other than that? No. he has always been a serious uptight busybody. I barely remember any times where he decided to take any sort of break. Its almost as if he is obsessed with work as saiyans are obsessed with battle, that one. Yet, he is so bad at presenting a friendly face to the mortals.

This is all conveyed to you at the speed of thought, so don't worry too much. You sense a dark energy that feels.....wrong. Stagnant. Decaying. Like tar upon clear water. You feel three of these necrotic presences.

Earth Space:
    The big ship warps in, one of Tuffle make but updated with engineering from the arcosians and the rest of the galaxy. It approaches Earth and sends out a call
    "Attention Not-Pathetic Earthlings. It is I, King Vegeta the Seventh. King of All Saiyans, by Right of Strength. I have come to wage peace with you. I warn you, My Peacerior's negotiation skills are unmatched in all of the saiyan kingdom! I have prepared for this day, and I will show you the true strength of a saiyans negotiating skills! Saiyan are already some of the best warriors in all the universe, imagine how futile it will be when we win this battle of words as well! At the end of this you shall be weeping in joy when we come to a mutually beneficial arrangement!"
    He boasts and brags through the communications. Max might get an alert or notification thing about that, who knows.
    "We have come to speak to Jade Refera and Vodkana. Have them speak to us and our Peacerior might go easy on them in the coming negotiations."

Mekrashin:
    People on Earth should be sensing a couple people around same level of power as Freeza up there as well a bunch of other people on the same level as Ginyu, all in the same place. Jade looks up
    "Oh my Kais, what now?"
    She says tiredly
    "Oi, daz big flamez dat iz. Not az strong az Deatheye though...."

22. - Top - End - #112

RedWizardGuy

Planet Scrap

Oh, was there more infrastructure before Buu? I would that thought that would be the starting point of any recovery effort. When Kurumo mentioned these three as having stolen that scroll his story seemed odd to me. To start with, the security measures for a scroll with the apparently power this one supposedly has should have some kind of guard, but none was mentioned. Nor any kind of security measures. And while he said the perpetrators used Instant Transmission to get there, it's not magic. You need to either know the precise spacial coordinates for your target location and calculate that in your head, or lock on to a ki signature at the destination. So, most reasonably, they would have needed to know the ki signature of someone nearby to teleport in. Which begs the question as to how they could get that information. So, you can imagine how these things not quite lining up would cause some concern.

For the moment, however, I can see why heaven would oppose people with ki signatures like the three in the building. I've fought cultists who gain magical power through the blood sacrafice of living sapient beings and they did not feel nearly so abhorrent as the three on the other side of this door. Are you ready to combat them? When you are, give me a nod, and I'll head in first to get this fight started.

As their conversation continued by the power of high speed telepathy, Max answered a light that blinked on his wrist watch. A silent holographic display light up over his wrist, and Max watched as his defense network had picked up saiyans. A Lot of saiyans, actually. At least, more than would be involved in the old fashioned world purging antics they had been historically known for in his time. Oh, and they had announced themselves with a communications message. Max listened using an ear bud, so as to try and not give his position away, then Max queued up the automated message system to provide the saiyan's with a reply, filling in a few blanks on a place holder message and adding that to one that he had prepared in case Saiyans came to Earth. Last but not least, he checked the status of the Shining City to make sure it was going into the correct automated procedure, then shut down the hologram and gave Arkea a thumbs up.

Earth, Orbit

As the Saiyans came into the system, their ship would have picked up an enormous number of potentially hostile pings, that of the defense network that Max had put into place around the solar system. It had allowed them to pass by unmolested, without even the weapons powering up. After their declaration of peace, they received an immediate reply. The visual feed was of Max Banders in a lab coat, working on something mechanical with some tools in hand. "Greetings Saiyans. This is Max Banders of Earth. This, is an automated message that I recorded" the audio became robotic for a moment, as a simulated voice provided, "5 years ago" before resuming the normal audio playback, " in expectation of your arrival to my home system. I'm going to preface this by saying that since we haven't directly met yet, the automated programmed in here are rather more cautious and may come across as a bit unfriendly. It's not meant to start a fight, just to show due precaution since I am not currently available to handle this in person. We are currently in the process of uniting the planet under a single government, so if you're here for diplomatic purposes, the best we can do right now is to get you in contact with the guy I'm supporting for ruler of the planet. Failing that, I suppose I could negotiate with you myself. If you're here looking to conquer the planet, well, then the defense network will simply be shooting you out of space before you arrive. Kind of hard to breathe in vacuum and all that. Since this is an automated message, the easiest way to gauge your intent in reply is simple: If you're here for diplomacy, peace, trade, or what have you, then come on and land at the coordinates provided, it's the city that will be done by the time you get this message. We'll share some food, share some stories, get to know one another and figure out how to go about some peaceful co-existence." After a pause, the video recording looks around, then leans in towards the camera to stage whisper, "If the recording is still going, it probably means I'm either asleep or away from planet at the moment. In which case a follow up message-"

Cutting off the first automated message, a second one with a still image of Max Banders giving a thumbs up and smiling takes it's place. The audio cutting out here and there (where it's bolded) with simulated words," If you're getting this message, I'm away from planet at the moment. I'm currently busy Fighting Trombone Cultists and am likely to be back Within the day. Assuming that whatever it is doesn't kill me. In the mean time, please land at the Shining City, coordinates provided, and meet with Jade Refera or King Furry to help resolve your Peacerior Negotiations. Have a nice day, and I'll try to get back to you soon. A direct communication code will follow when I am No longer in the middle of fighting.."

Earth, The Shining City

Down on the surface, the Shining City had entered an automated procedure for Saiyan Contingency. Some of the towers slid open to reveal what Arctic might think of as Comically Oversized laser cannons. Which seemed to be powering up and aiming, at least at the moment. In the meeting room, holographic screens appeared to show an automated message, provided by Max Banders in a lab coat, with a blackboard as backdrop, "This message is playing because I am away from the city and Saiyans have been detected as incoming towards the planet. Since it is a size category four group, " The Max in the message motions behind it, category one being 1 saiyan, category 2 being 1 to 5 saiyans, category 3 being up to 10 saiyans, and category 4 being 11 to 50 saiyans. With category 5 at 51 to 200 saiyans, and category six being 'seriously, that's a lot of saiyans'. "It seems unlike they are here to just...you know, start a fight or conquer the planet. It'd be so much overkill as to be laughable. So bearing that in mind, they're probably here for something else. The diplomatic meeting room will be configured shortly for their arrival, providing a gravity rating of 10 times Earth to help the room feel a bit more homey for these...guests? I sure hope they're guests. In any case, If you're getting this message directly and not actually in the city, it's probably because I'd like you to be there. This is a pre-recorded message, so asking it questions isn't going to help you get answers. Sorry, the city's AI just isn't up to that yet." With a shrug, the recording ended there.

After that automated message played, the incoming message from the saiyans played, followed by max's automated responses, so that people were up to speed on what was going on, and what had been communicated already.

To be clear, Jade Refera was getting those messages directed to her communications device of preference. As was King Furry, if he had ever allowed Max to give him one. For Jade and King Furry in particular, the messages were followed by the communications code to respond back to the Saiyans directly.

Finally, if the Saiyans did, in fact, start entering the landing pattern proscribed by the automated message, the laser cannons at the city would start powering down. They didn't even have to do a great job of entering the landing pattern, there was wiggle room as long as they were generally going the right way to land at the Shining City.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2018-03-17 at 10:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

[Hell]

Spoon roared. "Finally! Merrow!"
    The Sacred Rajasa of taste sent gigantic ki trays holding enough food to empower them all. Siphter licked his lips, with craving for devouring fresh souls. The warriors had soldier canned food, but for Solitus himself, Spoon presented a meal which he believed deserving a god- after all, he had exprience pampering another narcissistic demigod.

Tsarbone was just another soul in the crowd, turning into complete fanatic fan of Solitus.

[Earth]

Vodkana had to deal with some legal stuff, while her friends popped away, taking care of their little problems. "Sayians? Nya... that should be funny." Vodkana giggled, and without caring too much, threw away the paw phone, whiced bore her already, and flew after the ki of the sayian's appetite.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Solitus Assault: The First Line
    As his forces forces surge upward, South, East and West Kaiio's all get knocked out or overwhelmed by the sheer amount of forces swarming them. North Kaiio's fate will be unclear for now, but he is probably being attacked to. There is little reason to kill in the Spirit World: a being already alive will just pop up with a halo to fight again. Best to knock them out than kill as it just means you have to fight that person again but fully recovered. More importantly, souls were vital to the cycle of reincarnation and analyzing the overall quality of the Universes well being. Solitus could not afford to destroy souls for any reason. He was the perfect and divine of all beings. He must aim for perfection in this. Anything less was unacceptable.
    "Spoon! You And Blizzan Shall Lead Your Forces To Take Heaven! Spoon, You Must Go And Convert All Those In Heaven To Our Cause. Blizzan, You Shall Defeat Any Long-Dead Fighter Thinking Themselves A Hero."
    Tailripper speaks up
    "I volunteer to help take Heaven, my lord. I will crush them with my slaughter brother, Blizzan."
    "Very well. Go Forth And Achieve Victory In My Name!"
    While those forces went forth to Heaven, Solitus flew to Yenma's check in station, pushing aside the other souls with kiai and walking up to the huge oni with his confident smirk on his fair, blonde features.
    "We Meet Again, Accursed Yenma. I Remember When You Judged Me To Be Sent To Hell. Vividly. However As Your New God-King, I Am Merciful. Surrender To Me, And Your Punishment Will Merely To Be A Useful Slave In Helping To Build A Glorious Palace To House My Brilliantly Divine Form, Rather Than Being Sent To Hell As Retribution. I Am A Most Magnanimous Being In My Perfection, Am I Not?"
    Solitus deliberately shows off how powerful he is, to show how great his power was to Yenma in comparison. He had been training hard, and it showed in the aura that burned around him like the sun.

Planet Scrap
    Before Buu and Before Trombone. Both destroyed a lot in their rampages. The infrastructure before was meant for a younger universe however. Not only was it destroyed and never got rebuilt, what remains is meant for the universe of 5 million years ago. That is a lot of time to never change. Trees from which more Shinjin could grow were burned, the Jade soldiers that once made up the majority of Heaven's army are shadow of their former selves and exiled to Hell, It takes the entire Oni population just to keep the wheels of reincarnation, hell and heaven turning. Trombone cultists killed countless Guardians thus letting races develop freely without guidance, and so on. At this point in universal development there should be a lot more Kaiio and lot more sections to survey smaller areas than ones that are literally points on the compass. There should be a better more efficient system to judge souls so that it doesn't get backed up, and just so many things that never got started because we were busy rebuilding or because Shin was depressed and thus didn't have the energy to care.

But enough of that for now. I will incapacitate the teleporter. You get the arcosian, the namekian seems focused on the scrolls. Faster the better.

She then with lightning quick speed burst through into the room and says
    "Pause Imprisonment Point!"
    She hits a pressure point on Infel, freezing him in a block of frozen time, while Glacen whirls around surprised. Arkea has to keep concentration on the technique to keep Infel frozen however, and she sends this info through telepathy to Max.

The Arrival Of The Saiyans:
    As the Saiyans flew down to the planet, a random saiyan whispered to Vegeta
    "so.....when are we going to attack them and go raiding, looting and pillaging?"
    "What!? Never. This is a diplomatic mission."
    ".....so its a sneak attack and you can't say?"
    "NO! We're not attacking them!"
    "Its ok, you don't have to appease Queen Kor now, you can say that this is it, you can debrief us while the Tuffles aren't here to try and make us soft."
    "No you idiot, I said we're not attacking them, and we're not attacking them,
    thats final."

"Got it, wait for your signal."
    King Vegeta growls to himself. He makes sure that particular saiyan is stuck behind guarding the ship rather coming along with everyone else. He thought he weeded out the idiots from this lot!

The Referas arrive through a rainbow colored teleport as if they were stepping off a rainbow bridge, along with Yankar who had come along for the ride. Mekrashin flew here with Stabbit riding on his back and were watching this from afar with orky binokularz while keeping their power suppressed.

Soon the fifty saiyans came marching out, forming two lines then bowing as King Vegeta himself and his Advisor Lettan came walking out with the King's theme playing on loudspeaker. King Vegeta the Seventh struts out to this music with his arms crossed, with a perpetual frown as always upon his face the king's gem-like medallion hanging from his neck and his cape flowing behind him. He stops after walking past all of them and announces.
    "Greetings Earthlings, it is I, King Vegeta the Seventh, Strongest of All Saiyans!
    I have come to peaceably do business with the inhabitants of your not-pathetic planet. Beware for we we have well prepared our negotiation tactics, and our greatest Peacerior Lettan beside me is ready to negotiate with whatever champion of peace you so choose to face him in talk! Tremble in happiness earthlings!"

He says this completely seriously as if your supposed to be afraid or something. It was almost as if he was trying to be both tough and diplomatic at the same time? Lettan decides not to correct him on calling on their planet "not pathetic" so as to not undermine his authority. Not in public.

25. - Top - End - #115

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

With the saiyan landing and the king announcing his presence and intentions, what looked like a cross between a roomba and a coat rack came trundling up and stopped before the king of sayians. Attached to the coat rack like section was a note, ostensibly for him, along with 4 wristbands. It waited there until he took the note and wristbands, and if he ignored it..it would just keep following him until he took the items it had for him.

Spoiler: The note for King Vegeta
    Show

If you are reading this, then it means I am not in the city to welcome you myself. Sorry about that. It's probably important. The wrist bands are to provide you and up to three persons of your choosing increased access around the city. There are sections that are off limits to the public that the wrist bands will provide access to, like private meeting chambers if you feel the need for less public diplomatic settings. They are provided for your convenience. Also, in the event of an emergency, you can hit the red button on it to deploy a combat ready space suit around yourself. I don't expect it to be needed any time soon, but it seemed like a nice, practical gift that you might appreciate. I hope you enjoy your time in the Shining City.

Sincerely,
    Max Banders

Planet Scrap

Readying his fingertips by making a fist, then sticking out his index and middle fingers, Max whirled around the doorway that he was taking cover by mere moments after Arkea passed him to get into the room. By the time she was utilizing her technique, Max had stopped suppressing his power level for the most part and was firing a volley of piercing yellow beams from his fingertips. Something he had picked up while fighting the Crane Mafia back in his own time, the Dodon Ray was rather unusual for a finger-beam, in that it had a habit of both piercing and burning targets. In Max's case, he was trying to aim for the Arcosian's limbs and some of his redundant vital organs, with the idea being to halt the arcosian soldier's mobility, then inflict enough damage to his bodily system that he would at least consider surrender...but not be killed outright. Well, that's what Max intende at least. He wasn't sure what kind of effect the sickly ki might have been having on the bodies of the three in the building, but he was hoping that they weren't rendered hilariously combustible by it.

If for Arkea, and Kurumo if he was watching, there would at least be a moment of disparity when Max stopped suppressing his power level. As, well, he had a habit of keeping it down quite a bit lower than it's baseline. Max was rather hoping that he would be strong enough as is to handle the Trombone Cultists...he didn't want to give away too many of his tricks if Kurumo was bothering to watch.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2018-03-20 at 12:05 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Hell

"With pleasurrrre, your perfectness. Heaven will be prepared for you with omlet and toasts! Merrorrorow!" Spoon laughed evily purred more pleased than he ever was alive. Finally! Wether it end with victory or loss- Spoon has won. He now was going to enslave gods, make them kneel- with his supreme devilish cooking!
    Where is the stupid girl, who dared to break his heart and pride, now. Eh?
    Vodkana, the androids... they all will suffer!

And right now, he was in the best position mortal soul could hope for!(for now). As the shadow behind the King Of The Universe!
    "Rajas! This is the day! Merrow! Bring glory to our exalted lord! Chefs! Prove you deserve to be in Lord Solitus's kitchen! Merrrooooow!!!!"
    The evil chefs roared with him, and even the eccentic Rajas have joined the excitment.
    After the Cooking Battalion of Spoon made sure everyone were supplied, they moved.

Frying and cooking beams were rained on the enemy.
    Patiji The Raja Of Bitter, groaned. How come a Warrior Caste idiot get to command Solitus's kitchen? He had to gain glory to fix that.
    He turned into Creepypasta-ish version of himself- Stormart Of Grief!
    He summoned the pain of Hell with a bitter strong and steaming cup of tea.

Vodkana 10 years ago, might have wielded the suffer which Hailing has caused- but Patiji wielded the pain caused by Hell.
    "Torture Blizzard!" He summoned dozens of ghastly silver huge kk balls, each of them, big and strong as Vodkana's Pain Ball from 10 years ago.

It won't kill the gods- but they will exprience the pain of quardilions prisoners of Hell.
    "Merrow. Swear loyalty to Lord Solitus and I'll consider to stop the pain."

Panana Raja Of Sweet were looking like 10 years old Nyagato girl, flew faster then anyone at The Cooking Battalion, and found herself alone beyond the enemey lines. "Nyanyanya!" She giggled. "You Kaioshins.. looking..." she licked her lips.
    'So sweet! Nyanyanya!" She raised her hands and absorbed the sugar from the kais's bodies, gathering the sugar into a huge whip empwered by her ki, and ki which she has stolen alongside the sugar from the kais- "Surrrrender! Kneel before Solitus-Sama, and I might give you cookies! Nyanyanyaha!"

Furkasha- Raja Of Sour, a middle aged Nyagato woman led the way, holding pot filled with spicy fruit compote. It smelled so good, it twisted the souls.of who ever smelled it. She closed the pot, "you belong to Solitus. Nya." She wishpered into the steam- making the kais, and evil chefs alike, to breath into them, the will to obey her and Solitus- the same way oxygen filled mortals lunges, now everyone who smelled her aromas filled his lunges with obeidence.

Siphter The Raja Of Salty was huge, morbidly fat, almost round, though his tail was probably longer double his height. His eyes were small and greedy, always looking if the others let the guard down around him. He was considerd the most disgusting and vile villain at Meal's folklore.*
    He burped after emptying another can of preserved meat, and started to glow, and grew even bigger and rounder, with sickenignly green aura. He started to roll forward like huge fuzzu ball of destruction- his aura caused his enemies to feel starving and weakend- he has opened huge mouth, and swallowed Kais whole. "MeeeeRRoooW!"

In years in Hell, Spoon slowly merged with the Shadow Dust, and he became more shadow than a soul, he turned into a shadow, and like eel made from ink he "swam" to a kitchen at random kitchen at heaven. He used ingrdients and instantly prepared special holy cookies- with the symbol of the universe https://goo.gl/images/t2tAqU.

He started to dance and chant around it- it will summon and tempt no kne less then the Supreme Kai!

Tsarbone joined the force of Blizzan. "I guess, we are now both again fight for the side of beauty, General."

Shining City

Vodkana landed before King Vegeta, and wagged her tail.playfully.
    He was so cute! Sayians had tendecy to get tsun tsun quite a lot.
    12 years before she would have tried to force him to belong to her.. but she changed. She even bowed. 'Grrreetings, your highness. Nya. I am Vodkana, President of Hailing's Entertainment. How may I assist you?"

King Fenrir blinked. Well, he guessed that as King Of Earth, he should take on this... he stepped forward. 'Welcome, King Vegeta The Seventh. I am Fenrir- King Of Earth. Forgive me, for not preparing a welcome ceremony, fitting a man of your status, I didn't knew, you were coming."

Adventure!

Patturo gasped. "You have to run! They are the Heart Eaters!"

The Arcosian laughed. "Aren't you confident little girl? I could use your confidence, and this martial art you have just mentioned." The "arcosian" tried to stab the girl with his tail.

The serpent hissed, opened his jaws and tried to swallow the gunslinger child, whole
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

[Adventure!]

Martin Victor is swallowed whole.

As soon as he is, the sound of a gun being armed is heard from inside its gut. The serpent has a split second to think of all the ways in which eating him was a mistake. Then Martin Victor shoots him in the heart. From the inside.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Astralys:
    "....So be it. Scorpio Art: Poisonous Chances"
    She dodges the tail and then...pinches it? and then pinches more and more at the arcosian in a flurry of little scorpion like snips, quick light pinches with her fingertips, taking advantage of his underestimation of her. It looked like she was just pinching at the arcosian, but in reality she attacking the arcosian's fate itself, poisoning it with misfortune with every touch, and of course what makes this technique so deadly is that when the technique finally poisons the target's fate to be pure misfortune.....they die. Often from a heart attack, but any event no matter how bizarre will do. After all, the living are fortunate to live even one more day. He better be quick to realize things are not what they seem if he wants to survive. When she is finished, she leaps back and pronounces sadly while pointing at the arcosian:
    "You are already dead."
    Yup, she has the fate version of fist of the north star. Have fun with that.

Planet Scrap:
    Glacen believed in many things. he believed that Hailing should never have been usurped. He believed that the Arcosian race was supreme. He believed that Trombone would return to wipe out all things lesser than the fellow cultists and get revenge upon those filthy humans for daring to overthrow Hailing. He believed that season two of the Killflyers was horrible and everyone knew it. What he could not believe was another human suddenly coming in and firing beams at him and searing his undead body.
    "Aaaargh! Why you insignificant whelp! I hope Trombone purges all of you lesser beings when he returns."
    Glacen had a "different" interpretation of Trombone's texts to most. He charges at Max, wrapping his fists in necrotic energy and charging to to throw a few punches and swipes, if Max is observant he could see Glacen's fist brush up against something else and began making the object decay and rust away.

The Saiyan Arrival:
    "That is of no concern, King Fenrir. The Saiyan race is proud in its simplicity and strength, and we care not for luxury. We are here for very certain matters of business. Our Peacerior will explain further."
    He nods to Lettan, who steps and up speaks
    "Hello King Fenrir, Jade Refera, Vodkana, I am Lettan, Adviser to King Vegeta and "Peacerior" of the Saiyans. I will now list the matters we have come to discuss in the form of a list, in no particular order:

1. Acquiring the Super Saiyan Form

2. A matter concerning Vodkana and one of our younger warriors in training known as Katnep of Clan Karatta, who is of half-Nyagato descent and claims a grievance of injustice against Vodkana concerning Nyagato culture of which Katnep is more knowledgeable than I.

3. The desire of another of our warriors, Pinappla of Clan Celeria to meet Jade Refera, who is a big fan of you.

4. The discussion of the survival of the saiyan race as a whole in a Post-Hailing Galaxy."
    Of course now was Vegeta's turn to speak, they had to play this political act for the saiyans there:
    "What? Lettan the saiyan race is strong, there is no need to discuss our survival!
    It is only our pride that needs any concern! Especially while I rule."

"That is where your wrong your majesty!" Lettan says playing along. "These beings far outstrip us in power, and no amount of force on our part will defeat them, I advise we discuss this peaceably."
    "Hmph! The Saiyan Race is strong, and I King Vegeta can take on any foe! However I will follow along with your advise for now, to humor your odd yet effective ways."
    "Much appreciated, your majesty for allowing this."
    "Make it count."
    Such was their political double act: The Saiyans if they saw Vegeta as weak or soft they might turn on him thinking they could do better. Lettan was his adviser...and his political tool to do things through a person that the saiyans can deride as weak and thus keep the image of strength of the crown intact. Basically the king has to be tsun-tsun all the time so he needs someone to be dere-dere for him.
    "Continuing on, we believe that points 1 and 3 concern Jade Refera the most, 2 concerns Vodkana and 4 concerns Jade and Vodkana both. We came here mostly on the hopes that she would be here to discuss them as its her planet of origin despite her recent travels. We do not have any plans or demands for the planet Earth itself or its inhabitants."
    "Hm? My my. I didn't expect this. but then again, I didn't expect to become a galaxy spanning figure of fame in my lifetime. But maybe we should get this thing you mentioned with Katnep out of the way first?"
    she looks at them.
    "....You brought along teenage girls to a diplomatic meeting?"
    "Legally we're taking them on a field trip. They get to experience another culture, place and learn from it, quite educational, no?"
    Though Pinappla was of age to be a full warrior at 16, so it was more for Katneps benefit.
    "Makes sense I guess."
    "Yes indeed. Katnep, would be so kind as to state your grievance towards Vodkana?"
    Lettan turns to her expectantly.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Tromboners. Heh.
    Show
    Mekrashin:

"Hm. Woteva. S'not loik I kare 'bout sporez. As fer Trombone....Huh, dat makes a lot moar sensez. Fink da scriptjaz talkin' 'bout white korpse tings shoulda been my first kloo. Den da people dat follow in da Trombone Waaaagh.....dey Trombonerz?"

Both human Referas giggle at that.

"Yes. That is exactly what they are. They are Tromboners. I'm totally calling them that when I next get the chance."

"The best part is that it fits given their color!"

Masala is just confused for a moment before going.

"Ugh, y'know I still don't get your dirty jokes, moms."

Mekrashin and Stabbit both blink, they didn't get it either.
    Starlight also blinked, not getting it. Not because ponies didn't have that kind of humor, but because she was just particularly naive like that.

Spoiler: Solitus' Assault
    Show
    The Solitus Assault: Begin

Solitus's eternal grin on his face widens a little more as he strokes his blond goatee.

"Yes. It Is Time! In My Perfection, I Was Thought The Initiative Might Be Lost!"

He turns to the assembled forces of Hell: space pirates, dead Arcosian soldiers from Hailing's conquering spree, murderers, assassins, bounty hunters from all across the universe, Jade soldiers that were a little cracked here and there, crazed nyagato cannibals, various saiyans long dead from their raiding and pillaging wanting to find Valhalla, Belilyans who tried to kill and the use skin of sapients in their clothing designs, demon worshippers who now praised Solitus instead, changelings from Equestria who in their gluttony sucked people dry of love, and so on. Villains of every stripe, every person that had ever sinned enough to be denied any place in Heaven was there- except for any Trombone Cultists.

"My Legions.....Let Me Tell You A Little Story. It Was A Man, Long Ago, Named Trombone. He Thought He Could Defeat Heaven. He Thought He Could Destroy All Of Existence. He...Was A Pathetic Failure. Behold! Heaven Still Stands! The Kais Still Rule! Now Let Me Tell You Why He Did Not Succeed:

Because. He. Was. Not. ME!

Let Those Pale Corpses Preach Their Failed Savior For Now. Soon They Will Realize Their Folly. For I, Am Solitus. King Of All Kings. God Of All Gods. King Of All Gods. God Of All Kings. Son Of The Sun. I Am Perfection Incarnate, And Thus While Others See Only Criminals And Wretches, I See In All Beings, The Potential To Be Just As Great As Me. To Be..... PERFECT! And I Want To Bring That Perfection Out Its Shell. To Make It Shine In Golden Glory For All To See! There is Excellence With All Of You. I Believe That You Can All Tap Into It, And Bring A Victory Upon Heaven That No Pathetic Talking Corpse Ever Could!

Here Are My Orders, Let Them Fill Your Heart With My Golden Light: We Will Take Heaven, In a Single Swift Coup. We Will Do So, With Minimal Casualties On Both Sides. For Every Soul Lost, Is One That Cannot Be Uplifted Into Perfection When I Rule. We Will Capture the Shinjin, The Kais And Make Them Our Slaves As Punishment For Sending I, Solitus Down Here To A Place Where He Does Not Belong, Clearly Because They Were Envious Of The Perfection That Is My Birthright, That They Themselves Can Never Achieve. Worry Not! All Souls, Like Your Own, Will Eventually Be Redeemed In My Golden Light! For I Am Solitus, The Most Perfect God Of Everything, Anything Less Than Perfection In Anything I Do....Is Unacceptable!

Therefore As My Followers, Anything Less Than That, Is Unacceptable For You As Well. All Your Actions Reflect Upon Me! Remember This And Strive To Bring Out The Arete Within! But Worry Not. Do Not Let Doubt Fester In Your Heart. Have Faith In Me, Faith in SOLITUS, My Perfection, And All Will Become As Utopia! Let My Golden Light Into Your Soul, And You Shall Be Empowered! Uplifted! Enhanced Beyond The Confines Of Your Previous Lives Into Part Of Something Greater, Something Divine! So I Ask You Now: Do You Believe In Me?"

"Yes Solitus!"

"Louder!"

"YES SOLITUS!"

"LOUDER!"

"YES SOLITUS!!"

"IF TRUE, THEN PRAISE ME! PRAISE SOLITUS AND LET YOUR SOUL BE EMPOWERED BY MY PERFECTION!"

"PRAISE SOLITUS! PRAISE SOLITUS! PRAISE SOLITUS!"

They yell at the top of their lungs, with every person chanting those words a golden "S" appears on their forehead in their fanaticism, their eyes glowing gold as they feel a heat within them pushing them to be better, to be perfect, to believe in Solitus with all their heart and obey his every command as the crowd reaches a feverish pitch. They were no longer a horde of motley criminals and villains, they felt....United. Singular. Unstoppable! They were one force. For one purpose: To fight for Solitus.

"PERFECT! NOW BEHOLD MY POWER, MY LEGIONS OF LIGHT!"

He looks up to the sky and shouts.

"CLOUDS! PART!"

The golden clouds that separated Heaven and Hell move aside, letting the light of heaven cascade down upon them until the sky was completely clear, revealing Snake Way and the planets above. Solitus looks to his legions and smiles before pointing upwards and yelling one final time:

"CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGE!!!!"

They roar in response and surge upwards all at once into the Heavens.
    Meanwhile, a shadowy equine figure watched from the shadows, its form shifting and morphing like a living aura. It too hated the Trombone cultists for interfering in its plans. And while it didn't swear allegiance to this Solitus figure, their goals did align. However, it did not join in the charge on Heaven -- it had a different plan, a plan to escape and cast a pall of fear over Equestria, and the rest of the universe. But first, it needed a body, and a powerful one. Thankfully, a certain amulet had already been placed in Heaven, waiting for a being of sufficient power to pick it up....

The Referas arrive through a rainbow colored teleport as if they were stepping off a rainbow bridge, along with Yankar who had come along for the ride. Mekrashin flew here with Stabbit riding on his back and were watching this from afar with orky binokularz while keeping their power suppressed.

Soon the fifty saiyans came marching out, forming two lines then bowing as King Vegeta himself and his Advisor Lettan came walking out with the King's theme playing on loudspeaker. King Vegeta the Seventh struts out to this music with his arms crossed, with a perpetual frown as always upon his face the king's gem-like medallion hanging from his neck and his cape flowing behind him. He stops after walking past all of them and announces.

"Greetings Earthlings, it is I, King Vegeta the Seventh, Strongest of All Saiyans!

I have come to peaceably do business with the inhabitants of your not-pathetic planet. Beware for we we have well prepared our negotiation tactics, and our greatest Peacerior Lettan beside me is ready to negotiate with whatever champion of peace you so choose to face him in talk! Tremble in happiness earthlings!"

He says this completely seriously as if your supposed to be afraid or something. It was almost as if he was trying to be both tough and diplomatic at the same time? Lettan decides not to correct him on calling on their planet "not pathetic" so as to not undermine his authority. Not in public.
    Starlight teleported along on her own. She bowed respectfully, choosing not to comment on the music (What was it with humanoids and their obsession with music anyway?).

"Welcome to Earth, King Vegeta," she replied. "I have been studying your culture for some time now, and not to boast, but I think we can answer pretty much any of your questions." Despite everything, Starlight was still proud of her knowledge and research, especially on super saiyans. The trick was conveying it in a way that didn't let on her access to future knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Shining City

Vodkana landed before King Vegeta, and wagged her tail.playfully.

He was so cute! Sayians had tendecy to get tsun tsun quite a lot.

12 years before she would have tried to force him to belong to her.. but she changed. She even bowed. 'Grrreetings, your highness. Nya. I am Vodkana, President of Hailing's Entertainment. How may I assist you?"
    Katnep didn't need Lettan to usher her forward, as she was more than willing to step forward on her own, before he was even finished speaking.

"Vodkana!" she yelled. "I've come to seek justice for your crimes against my people!"

Out stepped the young half-saiyan girl. Despite being only 10, she looked as if she was 12 or even 14. While her power level was quite high, it was still lower than Vodkana's. When Lettan was finished talking, and he ushered to state her grievances, she continued. "Vodkana's people, my father's people, have oppressed the warrior caste for too long, with chefs taking whatever they want without any sort of consequence! And now, Vodkana, you seek to subjugate my people, the saiyan race, the same way with your 'Saiyan Chef Corps'! I will not allow you to destroy our culture and subjugate my people like this! I challenge you to a duel to the death!"

Astralys:

"....So be it. Scorpio Art: Poisonous Chances"

She dodges the tail and then...pinches it? and then pinches more and more at the arcosian in a flurry of little scorpion like snips, quick light pinches with her fingertips, taking advantage of his underestimation of her. It looked like she was just pinching at the arcosian, but in reality she attacking the arcosian's fate itself, poisoning it with misfortune with every touch, and of course what makes this technique so deadly is that when the technique finally poisons the target's fate to be pure misfortune.....they die. Often from a heart attack, but any event no matter how bizarre will do. After all, the living are fortunate to live even one more day. He better be quick to realize things are not what they seem if he wants to survive. When she is finished, she leaps back and pronounces sadly while pointing at the arcosian:

"You are already dead."

Yup, she has the fate version of fist of the north star. Have fun with that.
    Tabby's* eyes widened. "That was so cool, Asty!" she squealed.

*The little catgirl.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #120

RedWizardGuy

Planet Scrap

Max knew he had done damage, but apparently not nearly enough. Either he had underestimated Arcosian biology, which seemed unlikely, as he'd gotten a pretty good run down on it from spending that year in the time chamber. So it was probably a matter of not doing enough widespread physical damage, and whatever strange effects that polluted ki had had upon Glacen's body. While Max analyzed considered the problem, he moved to counter the incoming physical attacks. Splitting into 5, and giving the splits only a piddling point of power level each, Max moved towards Glacen in time with his splits.

The four bodies used as decoys were easily grabbed, crushed, punched through, and dismembered into a pile of rotting awfulness. In the meantime, Max took the opportunity to seem to trip and fall onto his back, then go sliding forward between Glacen's legs. To fit, he threw his hands 'up' over his head as he fell, his aim being to touch his foot against the floor, and use it as a pivot point to throw his body up and around in a most unnatural looking rising spin. If successful, Max would be left standing behind Glacen, and go for a full nelson. The entire maneuver made possible by Max's Touch Telekinesis.

From there, Max would start charging his ki, enveloping himself in a white aura that lit the room up, and through those flaming white licks, Arkea would notice something odd: a little golden ball of ki in the center, almost entirely washed out by the rest of his aura. Something strange, and familiar about it, something that shouldn't be in a mortal. Just a smidgeon of godly ki, apparently being generated from within him along with the rest of his ki.

The charging had a purpose though. And while his maneuver might have thrown the Arcosian for a loop for a few moments, Max fully expected to be beaten with the Arcosian's tail as he put that ki to work. Max let out a reverberating yell as white ki explosively flowing off of his entire body to surround both him and Glacen in a sphere of it. If the small golden core at the heart of his aura hadn't been enough to weird Arkea out, watching a mortal put out the opposite of the Trombone Cult's necrotic ki probably would. Purifying, holy, much as the wake of Glacen's swipes had left things decaying, the sphere of white that Max was trying to envelop the pair of them in burned away at that necrotic power, and left areas it touched sparkling with cleanliness. The technique was not over, though, and if completed, the swirling sphere of white seemed to pick a direction: back out the door Max had entered from, and released itself as a steady beam of power that crashed partly against the wall, leaving it clean and partially flooding back into the room as the rest escaped through the door and left a sparkling wake of purity in it's passing. As the beam flowed, the sphere around Max would shrink, until the technique ran it's course and Max was left standing there, panting, possibly still holding the Arcosian or it's remains.