New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

Blizzan:
    Blizzan looks at Tsarbone for a good long moment.
    "...Believe whatever you want I don't judge."
    Honestly, non-arcosians having superior genetics!? Thats just crazy talk!

Saiyan Diplomacy:
    Pinappla comes in throwing punch after punch like rock-hard hammers swinging. Jade in response doesn't attack back- only dodging like a reed in the wind. The saiyan increases the speed of her punches, her fists becoming as the fury of pistons, coming in like a thousand thrusting spears upon Jade, who keeps flowing and evading around them like gusting wind and rushing streams. Pinappla's untrained blows were rocks, stone and raw power, but no rock can hope to hit the wind.

Pinappla sweeps her leg for a kick but Jade ducks under it then leaps away to an iceberg, Pinappla close behind, her fist coming down upon Jade like a meteor, only for Jade to move aside, Pinappla's fist hitting the iceberg instead, shattering it into a thousand shards and sending tremors reverberating throughout the area as the tremendous crashing sound rings out in its wake. Jade, stoic as ever gazes upon Pinappla's strength and goes
    "Hm."
    Pinappla then starts grabbing ice shards from the air and begins throwing them at Jade like a hundred catapults flinging boulders at a wall, but Jade darts back in forth in zig-zag pattern, moving like lightning until the ice shards ran out, not a single one hitting the ground before Pinappla threw them. Jade then flies away, moving between icebergs with speed and dexterity while Pinappla charges after her, crashing through the ice without harm in her pursuit, sending out shockwaves with each impact and major movement. Jade flies near the water and Pinappla takes the skies above and rains down ki blasts upon Jade like cannonballs upon a naval fleet. Like a hawk, Jade speeds and weaves between the blasts, threading the needle through the explosions booming around her, splashing water into a million cascading droplets in her wake.

Pinappla crashes down upon the water only for Jade to slip out of getting hit again, and she chases the redhead across its surface, punching the ocean to splash water as a distraction before attempting to kick her, only to miss. They duck in and out of the water in a constant spiraling chase, Pinappla constantly coming towards her only for Jade to forever remain out of her reach. They stop in the middle of the water, standing upon it, Pinappla begins unleashing even more ki blasts at the android, who flies in a circle around the saiyan the ki blasts following her as she goes, the blasts instead hitting the icebergs and mountains around them and blasting them to shards and rubble, but no matter how much Pinappla fires, she won't ever hit Jade by aiming at where she is instead of where she is going to be.
    Pinappla stops and Jade rests, standing upon the water. Pinappla pants a little
    "....Why aren't you attacking back? You just keep dodging everything I throw at you!"
    "Mm? Sorry. I'm just assessing you. Seeing what you know. I admit, your pretty strong for someone your age. From what I can sense, you could take on Freeza without needing the super saiyan form, using pure power alone. Problem is, I've surpassed that long ago even in my base form. Your slow to me. On top of that, you have almost no actual skill or refinement in your style. I bet your used to taking all your hits on the chin so that you can slug just as much damage out, and since you have more experience with Zenkai than most, you know exactly how much you can take- and how much that resistance has grown, which is an advantage over someone less sure. Meaning your used to being aggressive as you can, because you have the resistance, the experience in taking hits and the motivation to keep on attacking."
    "Wha- how did you know?"
    "Well 1. your speech. 2. Analysis. and 3. I've seen it before, long ago in another time, another place."
    She puts her finger to her temple. Remembering Prince Vegeta of U7. He fought in a similar manner.
    "Would I be right in guessing thats how many saiyans fight? It is after all the best way to make use of that crazy biology of yours. At the same time, it creates a bias, and thus weaknesses than can be exploited. Such as taking more injuries than you need to, lack of stamina, holes in your defenses, things like that. Something that can be fixed by learning more technique-based stuff. I bet you never fought someone like me who keeps just getting of your reach to tire you out. Also, since you guys do most of your fighting in duels, your probably bad at team work."
    She spreads her hands.
    "I think I see in fact why the Arcosians became the ruling empire and saiyans did not: even if you guys tried to become that, you'd be like Attila the Hun or Genghis Khan. You'd raid, pillage, conquer and be feared for a while before realizing that you can't hold all that you got, or get bored then collapse from being unable to set up any lasting infrastructure. You guys simply don't have the culture, interest or the manpower to make it work. Someone else would have to deal with that subtle stuff, so you wouldn't really be in control, and therefore it wouldn't really be you guys ruling. Not saying your weak, just that you don't possess the right smarts. Your great at the one-on-one fighting thing, but wide scale warfare and rulership? Not happening. A single fighter no matter how powerful, can't hold ground after all."
    "....I think your rambling now."
    "Ah, sorry, my mind wanders. Back to you: basically your raw strength and toughness with no skill behind it. "
    "Really? I'll show a technique I made myself then!"
    Pinappla points her two fingers at Jade in imitation and shouts
    "Pierce Pistol!"
    and a thin piercing blue beam fires ultra-quick at Jade who manages to sidestep it just in time, the beam going through many glaciers and a mountain without trouble.
    "Whoa! Where did that come from? Its as if you tried to copy the Trace Laser but then modified to pierce instead of follow the enemy. Or figured out a quick version of the Special Beam Cannon-"
    Another pierce pistol fires and Jade dodges a beam zipping past her head, and the another and another. Yeah this was definitely faster than her other attacks and Jade puts more effort into dodging them. There was no time for talking, only a furious dance of evading the rapid piercing death coming at her like bullets appearing from nowhere. It was less flashy and destructive than her previous attacks, being more tightly focused, practiced and smaller, but that made them far more deadly, being less easy to detect, faster and more power packed into a smaller area. This little barrage was more dangerous than anything else so far. Then one of the beam zooms towards her head and by reflex Jade throws up a hand to drain it, the beam getting absorbed.
    "Ok you made me drain the attack, I'll give you that. I try to keep that in reserve nowadays so that I don't grow complacent in my dodging skills."
    That and if she used it too often, it would become too well-known and people would start making up tactics specifically to counter it.
    "C...c...come on. Won't you take me seriously? Don't you want to enjoy the fight? As all great fighters do?"
    "Heh. Kid. I don't enjoy fighting for the sake of fighting. And even if I did, taking you seriously wouldn't give a fighter of my caliber any enjoyment. I'm still base form and dodging all your attacks. Taking you seriously would end this real quick. I'm mostly using this to observe you."
    "You......you don't enjoy this? But...you fight so much, and so hard! Your so strong! Why would you do this, all this fighting, if you don't enjoy it? Don't you have pride in your skill? Don't you have a dream you want to achieve? Or something you need to prove?" Pinappla asks confused.
    Jade looks at Pinappla and puts her hands back in her pockets.
    "I take no pride in killing, fighting or hurting. If I must do it, I will, to defend others, the weak, the innocent, for justice, for compassion, for whats right, so be it. but as sport, I am not interested. What do I have to prove, other than the fact that I have no need to prove anything? My dream is right over there: the family I have, the friends I've made, the peace and freedom I have given the world. I am already living it, and so I must fight for it to continue. What more could I possibly want, other than the certainty that the dream will never end?"
    But everything ends someday.
    "...But why would you need to defend anyone else? Doesn't everyone train to be warriors so that you only need to defend yourself, so that everyone is strong because everyone can fight?"
    "...We're not all saiyans y'know. Most societies aren't all warriors forever."
    "....Oh. Why do so many people like being weak then?"
    "I think conversation needs to be continued at another time and place. Hey do you want me to finally attack back now? I've made my decision."
    "Yes! I'm ready!" Pinappla says taking a stance as she gets fired up. Jade smiles mischeviously.
    "Okay then.....3....2....1.......Boot to da head."
    "Wait wha-"
    Jade suddenly boots Pinappla in the head and she falls out cold.
    "My decision being that I'll gladly take you on as my first saiyan student. First lesson will be how to dodge. That ok with you, King Vegeta?"
    "Yeah sure, she needs more skill and the rest of the warriors don't like her anyways, aside from Katnep."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh crap. I still need the lockdown lifted, so unless His Perfectionness pulls that power out of his golden butt, we'll need the kais alive just a little longer. She remarked as she flew out after Tailripper. At the very least, she's surprised at how good she was at making her case, that she could actually reveal her scheme, in part, and make it sound like she was on their side. Er, are you sure you're strong enough to take on the Kais? They watch over the whole universe, surely they're powerful beings.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

[Tsarbone]

Tsarbone frowned. "There nothing to believe at. It's science."He growled. "I am a scienctist! What kind of truth do you expect to find? That friendship is actually giving power? I have destroyed armies and warriors, who believed at each other- and so did you! There nothing metaphysical here! You might find answers if you"l study what the creators had in mind."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

What To Do With An Annoying Namekian?
    Kurumo frowns. This was taking way too long. Time to find a way to preoccupy and contain this namekian than move on. He does a couple of katas then thrusts his palm at Trombone Jr.
    "Ox Art: Choices Mutually Exclusive."
    To Trombone Jr, time stops and he is confronted with a choice through visions: He could stay in Heaven and lose his chance to become Lord of the Orkz, or he can choose to pursue his chance and be pushed out of Heaven as a result. Do nothing and he will be caged in paused time and both opportunities will pass him by.
    Kurumo was basically forcing Trombone Jr. to go down one path or another by forcing the choice of exclusive fate upon him. He had after all, foolishly tried to have his cake and eat it to by coming here to make fools of Solitus and Kurumo, when if he wanted to be Ork boss, he should've stayed on Earth.
    "He is dealt with, for now. Let us conclude the battle."
    "Finally."

Blizzan shakes his head
    "Its precisely why others DON'T exhibit such powers that I must seek answers. It can't be genetics. Genetics don't work that way. No amount of chemical energy could do that!"
    He flies to the Library.

Godtube Station
    He has already vanished. You can't sense Tailripper. However you can sense someone else coming: Solitus. Soon he lands, smiling that egomaniacal smile.
    "Good! I See That It Has Been Secured. Time To Announce My Victory."
    He walks in and sees Traube.
    "Behold! It Is I, Solitus! Son Of The Sun! I See You Have Done Well Here! Worry Not, The Most Perfect Of All Beings Is Here To Deliver The Most Divine Speech That Will ever Be Heard. Soon All Of heaven Will Hear My Voice And Be Saved By Its Beauty."

Saiyan Diplomacy:
    By now Jade was back standing near the saiyans.
    "So now to my business: I have come here because I saw ten years ago, achieving that rainbow form of yours. Which makes me think: If you know enough about super forms to make one through your cosplay, then what else do you know? And I have a hunch: that you know the secret of the Super Saiyan transformation. Can you please tell me?"
    Jade smiles mischievously.
    "your right. Now brace yourself. I'm going to tell you the secret. The secret of the super saiyan transformation...."
    The saiyans lean in, interested.
    "That your all seeking...."
    The lean in a little more.
    "That I know of...."
    Their eyes widen.
    "Is............"
    Drumroll!
    ".....A Tingly feeling in your back that you focus on until it bursts."

A tumbleweed rolls by in silence.

"......Your pulling my leg aren't you? Is this a joke?"
    "Yup!"
    All the saiyans facevault. Vegeta facepalms and says
    "Ok, you got us good, tell us the real secret now."
    "Ok ok. The real secret......of the super saiyan transformation.......is......"
    the saiyans lean in again, another drumroll.
    "S-Cells!"
    Jade says while doing jazz hands. All the saiyans facevault again.
    "Ok, even I can figure out thats not a serious answer and is a reference to some Earth thing you watched, cut it out."
    "You just stole midichlorians from the Phantom Menace didn't you?"
    "Pretty much. Look I can't give you the real answer, for safety of the Universe and/or galaxy reasons. Its not exactly safe."
    "Consider it the price you pay for being able to teach Pinappla then."
    Darn it. He got her there.
    "Well ok then-"
    "Wait!" Yankar calls out holding out his hand, fierce gaze on his brow.
    "I can do better than merely tell you the secret. I can show you. By giving
    the super Saiyan form to you, right here, right now."

King Vegeta stops and turns his head to Yankar, much more interested in this.
    "Oh really? and who are you then?"
    "Yankar. Descendent of Yamcha! The martial artist who has trained their entire life to defeat super Saiyans!"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Earth

The Max split that had healed Katnep was still poking at her face, here and there, trying to annoy her enough to make her wake up and move. After all, she wasn't injured. So he was nearby and listening as King Vegeta pressed Jade for the answer that he sought.

As Jade mentioned the tingly feeling in the spine, Max opened his mouth, then closed it as the saiyans took it for a joke and moved on. Well, if they didn't want to learn the easy way, that was not his problem. And then Yankar showed up. This brought Max's attention away from poking at Katnep's face, as he brightened up and waved to Yankar, "Hey Yankar, I've been wondering when you would show up. You going to teach it to him through fighting? Because if you're going to have a fight that powerful we might want to move you two to an uninhabited but life supporting planet for that."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Katnep groaned and sat up, holding her head. "Ugh ... what happened?" she groaned.

Starlight, meanwhile, was distracted by Vodkana's outburst. However, she decided to just leave her be for now -- she realized that the nyagato needed some time alone to think. So instead, she turned her attention to the battle, with mixed results. She walked over to Jade and whispered, "Do you think he'll notice? Katnep almost achieved it all on her own -- do you think he'll realize how?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

tsarbone

"I never said it was simple. to get those chemicals to work" Tsarbone flew after him. "The very shinjin who created my specie, have locked our true forms... I think, that you should find the information of the creation of Arcos- then I could help you gain the golden form that Hailing had.. and maybe even beyond!"

[Vodkana]

Vodkana tried to meditate, while eating ice cream. She was thinking about it, all like a gangster or something. It was.. wrong. She was afraid, that people will mistake warm and playful attitude for weakness- especially barbarians like those sayians, who actually treating dual call of little girls to the death, seriously.

She also underestimated, Vegeta. She was sure, he will tremble, just like all the other show off war lords.
    but now, she was also convinced, the Sayians are a danger she should follow cloesly... and maybe take some hard decisions in the future. Hopefully not.
    Jade might refuse to play pokemon again...

No. Vodkana had to think about it, as business.
    She took a deep breath and returned, with folded ears, and ashamed and humble smile. "I must apologize to you all. I was already used to deal with hostile criminals, and has forgotten that I am among friends. nya." she bowed.
    "As forgiving present, please, accept my planet anhalition coupon, and 10% discount for my company's services, for all of your citizens." she turned to Vegeta.
    she looked at Yankar and rolled her eyes.
    "Oh. you again. You still owe me a date. Nya... I have few spare planets, if you really want to."

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Blizzan:
    ".....Perhaps. We will see."

Saiyan Diplomacy:
    Lettan holds up his hand.
    "Your Majesty, perhaps it would be best for me to deal with Vodkana from now on?"
    "....Granted. Your a true friend, Lettan."
    "Very well. You apology is accepted, Fair Vodkana. In return I offer an apology on behalf of the Saiyan race, for we do not wish the wrath of Death, of the the future Goddess of Destruction. If you are willing to forgive us, might I request that when old saiyans come to you seeking death, that you grant them one final glorious battle if they find you? Most saiyans desire to go out fighting than from old age, and old saiyans have the problem of being too experienced and skilled to be defeated by younger warriors around them. We would be most grateful if our eldest receive proper deaths in battle."

Jade thinks about this and whispers back.
    "Honestly, the whole super saiyan achieving thing has always been a bit inconsistent."
    she says thoughtfully.
    "Some saiyans just achieve it easier than others, some do it through training, some do it by being pushed beyond any sane limits. All that I know is that it requires rage. Yankar, being from Age 1000 probably knows more about it than I. From what I know it took my Vegeta four years to intentionally unlock the Super Saiyan form after Goku did it, so this might take longer than Yankar thinks."
    Unless he plans on reproducing the original conditions of unlocking it fast and accidentally, but that has all sorts of moral and ethical problems.

Yankar "hmm"s at this.
    "It would be pretty irresponsible of me as a martial artist to be so unskilled as to allow this planet to get destroyed...."
    And he was by his estimation, about Semi-Perfect Cell levels of power without his weights. While from what he could sense, this King Vegeta was about Android levels of power.
    "Ok, but only as long the saiyans get to witness it. They come along to."
    "but wait, what was that thing that Katnep di-"
    "Nothing! Probably a Nyagato thing or something! surely nothing compared to my true power!"
    He needed to keep their image of him as the strongest. They needed to witness his ascension so that they can go back to Plant and tell the story.
    ".....Yes that will work. That will work just fine actually."
    Yankar would after all, need to push Vegeta to his limit so that he breaks it. The fighting would get quite rough, and holding back was not going to be an option. He couldn't tell Vegeta about the anger, the rage- that might hold him back from achieving it, much like telling someone they're in an experiment could skew the results. After all, if Yankar told him that he needs to anger him, Vegeta might EXPECT to be angry and thus not express genuine anger. Thats the problem with emotions: they are stronger the less you expect them.

Such is the delicate, complicated manipulations they both had to do for what should be so simple.

9. - Top - End - #219

Godtube Station

Well things just went from worse to even far worse, somehow. Though Traube couldn't sense energy, one doesn't have to to recognize Solitus right away, the grandoise, golden glowing guy. She had no telling of how powerful he was, but for all the horrific monsters throughout history to not simply seize power, he had to be strong. This was bad. Very bad. Though what Tailripper said was true, this guy was an idiot.

Y-your perfectionness! Actually, let's work with this, it's gone SPECTACULARLY so far! I'm sorry, your perfectness, but-but we aren't ready! My imperfection prevents me from getting a signal through the Lockdown! Your great and glorious speech should-must not be contained but in one realm so that ALL may be enlightened to true perfection!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

[Vodkana]
    Vodkana blinked from the request. She wagged her tail, thinking.
    She might be hypocrite, but imagining blowing up whole civilizations, was cool, but killing a single person felt wrong.
    But, she wasn't in the entertainment buisness just for fun- she wanted to make a policy, of connection and hearing mortals's wishes and fulfill them if possible.
    'Fine.' Vodkana said and has opened her eyes.
    'Do a Festival, once a year. With tournament, food and enertainment, which I will provide for free. Elder sayians then, would may challenge me- but only if their relatives send them there. nya. I don't want to deal with angry grandchildren, seeking for vengance. nya.'

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Godtube Station:
    "....Your Absolutely Correct, Subject! All Need To Know My Glory! My Victory! But First..."
    He matter materializes a mirror and begins adjusting minor parts of his appearance so minor you can't rightly discern what he is touching up in his vanity.
    "I Must Look My Best Daaaaaahling. A Being Perfect As Me Must Make The Best First Impression To The Universe I Now Rule."
    Lets at least get the Yankar Vs. Vegeta fight out of the way before the announcement ok?

Lagerin and Meta-Tuffle........and Onin.
    "Well, what do we do now?"
    "We find away out of the afterlife. the battle is over. The goal is now to escape.
    "Mind if I join you? I have reason to escape back to life as well." Onin says.
    "....Very well. Follow me."
    They begin flying.
    "So, whats the plan, how are we going to get out?"
    Lagering, showing his snakelike fangs
    "Tell me you two.....do you want to know how reincarnation works?"

Saiyan Diplomacy:
    Lettan blinks at this.
    "Whats a relative? Oh right. Your talking about that weird thing nobles have: Family. Your Majesty, is that really a problem?"
    "Yeah, I agree with Lettan for once" says a random saiyan. "Do families really do that? I mean I guess it'd make sense for nobles to do something like that, but thats kind of the luxuries they get for being so high-falutin'. Personally I don't really care if anyone is genetically similar to me, its not as if the drill sergeant make any difference between, or who we fight makes a difference..."
    Remember its canon that low class saiyans don't have families. Goku and Raditz are exceptions. Families are a high-class saiyan thing formed for the specific purpose of having heirs to continue ruling. Nothing else.
    "I think yes, maybe? The people going would be saiyans at retirement age and wearing the funeral armor, voluntarily seeking out a way to die and considering themselves walking corpses, they'd have maybe a couple years left to live anyways, what idiot would seek revenge over tha- nevermind."
    He has learned long ago to not underestimate the stupidity of his people.
    "Ok....." Lettan says "We will add that requirement for nobles with relatives...?" he says to Vodkana.
    "So wait your telling us that most saiyans...."
    "Don't have any family structure, yes."
    Jade thinks about this while looking at Pinappla.
    "Can we get on with this? What world are we going to?"
    Beryl accesses the Shenron with her mind- because shes an android, she can do that- and inputs things to search for a planet with the right conditions.
    "I've got one searched out, I just need to tell Jade the coordinates..its here.....do you think you can teleport this many people?"
    "Ok but....judging by where it is....it'll take a lot out of me....I'll only have enough energy for all of us to make the return trip. Rainbow Bridge!"
    Suddenly everyone feels shifted as for a moment they find themselves zooming across the cosmos amidst beams of rainbow light- then suddenly they are there.

Welcome To Planet Breathable! Face it, place might as well be named that. Yankar and Vegeta fly out into the wasteland, saying no words they take combat stances and glare at each other.

Back on Earth:
    Shanakan has been meditating trying to see into Fate this entire time, and has been straining more and more.

Mekrashin frowns as they teleport away.
    "Well Datz roight rude of 'em. Anyways, Stabbit."
    He presents his little chest.
    "Youz gunna be my dokboy today. Dat Ork fleet be comin' sumday, an' itz best we do dis NOW."
    "Whatcha want me ta do, boss?"
    Mekrashin smiles a crazy smile.
    "You iz gunna do open 'eart surgeree, take me 'eart out an' put in da WAAAAGH! Engine in itz place. And youz gunna do it, wit' a choppa, sum duct bubblegum and sum tools in me belt, in dis 'ere wasteland, wiffout any dokboy know-wotz or painkillaz. don' wurry. I BELIEVE in yeh."
    And it doesn't matter whether this objectively can or not work. It matters if Mekrashin believes it can.

12. - Top - End - #222

Godtube Station

Traube looked over and watched Solitus. Though pleased she wasn't simply obliterated then and there, she idly wondered what he was doing, as his last-minute adjustments struck her as...ridiculous. In fact, she couldn't tell what he was doing whatsoever! She several times opened her mouth to assure him that his appearance was already perfect, but thought better of it. Don't interrupt the enemy when they are making a mistake, especially at your own instigating.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

[Vodkana]
    Vodkana blinked.
    'Oh. I still got much to learn about Sayian culture. Nya.. after seeing hundrerds of cultures, I am starting to assume things. I am happy to be proven wrong in this case. Anyway, I just don"t want anyone ro feel bad about this. Nya."

What did it say of Sayian romances? Did they had any sense of commitment at all?
    Such question.. might be worth investigating closely.

Vodkana shrugged. She was glad, they ignored her offer one of her planets.
    She selling planet destruction ticket for a billion raditzes. Sometimes less, it negotioable, and still it had big profit.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Saiyan Diplomacy: Arrogant Vs. Arroganterer
    Saiyan romance. Yeah. All we got is that saiyans go for strong-willed people. None of them like the weak-willed. Its kind of why Pinappla wasn't thought well of really.
    The fight:
    "So, your thinking of defeating a Super-Saiyan huh? Seems odd, to be creating the thing you want to defeat."
    Vegeta comments as Yankar takes off his weights.
    "It matters not whether it exists. It matters that I can overcome the wall. If I have to create that wall so I can prove it can be broken- so be it."
    "Well its not that will ever happen- I am the King of all Saiyans after all. What're you?"
    "The Descendant of Yamcha! and I will show you just why the form you so seek isn't as all powerful as you think it is!"
    "Heh. We'll see."
    They take their stances. Jade, knowing the original timeline, sees echoes of Vegeta and Yamcha in them. It was a sad tale for Yamcha, how Bulma dumped him to have a relationship with Vegeta instead and shortly stopped being anywhere near a serious fighter after that. It was something that was never reconciled, a rivalry that petered out before it ever sparked, but was now resurfacing in a different form, one in their descendant, the other their ancestor. Some conflicts smolder across lifetimes before the burst into flame.

They both charge at each other. They clash and Vegeta gets hurled back from Yankars sheer power reverberating out from the single punch, the land around them shaking from the collision. Yankar then chases after him, aggressive like charging wolf he ravages Vegeta with his claw-like attacks, who crosses his arms to block with the resilience of an oozaru in his arms, enduring the powerful blows as Yankar drives him back with a furious whirlwind of clawing sweeping attacks, but stubbornly Vegeta holds on, taking it like a mountain despite the power difference. Veget grabs a fist and uses it to pull Yankar in and punch him in the gut, but it seems to do little. Yankar then kicks Vegeta into a plateau.

Vegeta getting out of the rubble of the plateau grimaces and begins firing a a massive storm of ki blasts at Yankar, far greater than what Pinappla was firing, covering every inch with a thick shower of exploding ki at him, Yankar dodging and flying around like a wolf leaping from rock to rock, but Vegeta sees the pattern and fires at where he is going to be, but Yankar's martial skill is too great and he deflects the blasts with his wrist. Vegeta then suddenly aims downward with a few blasts to kick up dust obscuring Yankars vision but this does nothing with Yankar sensing his position right through it, so Vegeta takes the offensive, figuring that a great offense was the best defense, letting his blows fly at Yankar like machine gun fire upon a wall. Yankar wrists blur, blocking them all with one arm then he catches the last one and uses it to imitate Vegeta's move from before, Vegeta feeling a sudden blow to his gut.
    "GAAAAAH!!"
    His eyes wide as he gets the wind knocked out of him, blood spurting out from his mouth. Yankar was not done yet. He then kicks Vegeta across the sky and flash steps to kick him again back and forth, the King feeling more and more agony with every blow as he sees the world move in blurs around him.
    "Come on!"
    Yankar yells
    "Is this the best you can do!?"
    He clasps his fists together and hammers them down upon Vegeta to sending him crashing into the earth, forming a crater from the impact, the world land shaking as it does so.
    "I was told the Saiyans of old were a warrior race! That they were fighters unequaled! Yet you, the strongest one of them all from what I can sense, is showing this pitiful display!?"
    He points down at him.
    "SHOW ME YOUR REAL POWER! STOP WASTING MY TIME!"
    "GALICK GUN!"
    The purple beam bursts forth, clearing the dust in a pulsing shock wave as it hits Yankar and continues on up through sky and into space. the world trembles and Vegeta pants as the smoke clears- only for Yankar to emerge unscathed, arms held in front of him.
    "I said stop wasting my time."
    Vegeta roars angrily and charges at Yankar again and they go at it furiously, Yankar clearly overpowering the saiyan despite their aggressive styles matching.
    "Quit being pathetic! Show me your real strength! Are you a saiyan or a saibaman!?
    I thought I was fighting the King of All Saiyans, not the Trash of them!"

But no matter how much Yankar threw out taunts and smack talk, no matter angry Vegeta got, it didn't seem enough. Yankar thinks to himself:
    I don't get it. The Super Saiyans in my time were able to achieve the form after some taunting maybe some pushing of their limits, why is this so hard?

Meanwhile, Shanakan:
    He sees the answer for Yankar's question too late, through his visions:
    A Year Ago, Kurumo is weaving fate, a Prophecy. It was not a mere prediction of the future- it was creating it, railroading it with his will. A more powerful form of manipulating fate, it cannot be done on the fly- it was a long term thing of plans and preparation. This is the prophecy he imposed:

Of King Vegeta The Seventh,
    Mightiest Saiyan Of All
    I Proclaim That He Will Achieve The Super Saiyan Form
    Only When He Sees his Best Friend Fall

"No..." he breathes.

Back to the Fight:
    As Yankar fights he racks his brain for what could be missing from the equation as the fight goes on. He wasn't holding back. Vegeta was for sure being pushed beyond his limits, every time he punched him down into a crater he'd stubbornly get back up bloodied but still ready to go despite the massive amount of wounds and damage to his armor and cape he was accumulating. Yankar had to hand it to the King, he was impressed with the amount of punishment he was taking. He had heard the legends of Prince Vegeta of U7 whose endurance and resistance was so great that he could hold off foes for long periods of time and still keep going, and that even Goku could not match it, looks like he lived up to his legacy.
    He was clearly angry, and clearly giving it his all. Was it not enough? Vodkana already threatened his entire race and he still didn't go Super-Saiyan, what more he could he do that could outdo Vodkana? He needed to psuh Vegeta over the edge. He spies Lettan, and the idea occurs to him. But also disgust and doubt at the thought.
    Would a true martial artist really stoop that low? Am I really prepared to go that far? Would it really be worth it? Would it be honorable?......No. It wouldn't.
    However then he remembered his life. How so much of Earth's defense relied upon a super saiyan elite. How he got looked down upon for being a normal human fighter. There was a pain, a hatred there that didn't care.
    You have worked so hard, and gotten so far.
    The hatred said to him.
    Are you really going to give up now, when you are so close?
    His eyes harden. No. He wouldn't. He had an idea, of how to do it a way that satisfied honor though.
    "Stop." he says holding out his hand.
    Vegeta pauses.
    "Why?"
    "This clearly isn't working. I'm way too powerful for you. This cannot be considered a fair fight considering the difference. I will only continue the fight when you balanced the scales by getting a second to fight alongside you so that I can have a proper challenge."
    "Ok, but how is supposed to get me the super Saiyan form?"
    "Do you want it or not? Have someone join you. I won't continue trying to give you it until there is a second."
    "Rrrgh. Fine."
    He turns to the rest of the saiyans.
    "Who here desires to fight alongside me?"
    Most saiyans decline.
    "No, I'm not going to, it wouldn't be fair. Duels are one-on-one."
    "Nah." Vegeta is probably just humoring this human, right?
    "I fight alone."
    And so on. Except one.
    "I will! Don't worry your Majesty, I'll always have your back!" Lettan says raising his hand and stepping forward with a smile. Just as Yankar thought.
    "Very well. I will consider this an honorable acceptance of my challenge of two saiyans against myself. Thank you Lettan. Dodonpa."
    A yellow finger beam suddenly lances right through Lettans chest from Yankars finger, taking care to mortally wound Lettan but not kill him. The Saiyan Peacerior falls to the ground, bleeding and rapidly losing consciousness.
    "For your contribution to achieving the Super Saiyan Form."
    He says with a tinge of sadness in his otherwise hardened face. For a moment all the saiyans are shocked at what occurred.

Then Vegeta yells to the sky, tears in his eyes.
    "LETTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!"
    And he explodes into golden blazing power.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

[Vokdana]

"Should I interfer?" Vodkana has asked Jade, not sure how to react on Yankar's shengians.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #226

RedWizardGuy

Earth

Well, that was new. One of Max's splits was teleported by someone else and it didn't break down when it reached what Max thought was his range limit on the Split Form. Something to think about...but not that hard. It was probably his personal, conscious limit. And he had repairs to keep on with.

If Vodkana was flying up to the ship, and hadn't gone to join the others in watching Vegeta Vs Yankar: The Fateful Duel of Starcrossed Fighters, it would be reasonable to assume she's arrived by now. Getting to the bridge would require navigating a number of functional but nice hallways (unless she could teleport directly to him). But on the bright side, there would be a cute little roomba with a blinky light on top that could lead her there without trouble.

Planet Breathable

The Max-split that had been with Katnep and the others blinked a bit as he didn't break down on arrival at Planet Breathable. So far so good. The Max-split was busy poking himself and looking around for the first little bit of the fight, but perked up as the explosions started peppering Yankar's area.

As he kept watching, the Max-split settled in to taking a seat and kept his commentary to himself. He didn't want to distract the fighters after all. Even when it became apparent that ye olde King Vegeta should have transformed by now. Well, they had agreed to a fight, so Max wasn't about to step in and show the king any other method of reaching super saiyan. Seemed like that might be a tad less than respectful to the agreement Yankar and he had already come to.

And the fight kept going. Vegeta was looking more like a blood covered crime scene than a person as it kept going on. So when Yankar paused them and asked the crowd for a volunteer, the Max-split started to slowly raise his hand. But Lettan beat him to it. It wasn't like the Max-split was going to have nearly enough power to make it a fair fight, it probably would have taken a whole Max and some Kaioken to do that. But he could have healed Vegeta for a zenkai boost. Then again, that might have proven to be unwise if the King turned out to be one of those people who go nuts with power. He didn't seem like he would, but-

Well, there goes Lettan. The Max split followed the path of the Dodompa, the targeted location. He recognized immediately what Yankar was doing, and got ready to play his part in the unspoken, unrehearsed plan. After all, Yankar knew that he was nearby, even if the split had a greatly diminished power level, it stood out from most of the Saiyan crowd. Max assumed that Yankar assumed that he would stabilize Lettan while Vegeta was too busy raging to notice.

As the Saiyan King transformed, as the ground shook and the sky roared with the birth of a new super saiyan. As the clouds gathered, lightning struck, and the crowd watched the King of Saiyans achieve a form they had never seen before...the Max Split snuck quickly over to Lettan's body while most everybody (or at least all the saiyans) were distracted. He didn't take long surveying the damage, and instead simply placed his hand on the injured saiyan's chest. A moment later, the split was gone, and Lettan's power level had gone up quite a bit. But without the ability to sense ki, that wouldn't be easily noticed. After all, if they had regular scouters, the things probably exploded when Yankar flexed earlier.

Spoiler: In the Mind of the Reasonable Saiyan
    Show
    On the edge of unconsciousness, between waking and dreaming, Lettan would hear a voice calling to him, "Hey....hey....Hey! No, you don't get to die on me, Yankar didn't hit you That hard. It's just a punctured lung and a major vein, we can fix that up. And in the mean time, use a little energy to block blood flow from here and here, so that it reroutes through here...get repairs done to the vein first so the lung can be useful when repaired...leave the skin for now, your immune system can handle any infection, especially with me backing it up. Oh, and a broken rib, of course, just hold that in place with a bit of energy like so, and heal that back into place so the regrowing vein doesn't path through where a rib should be..."

The Max-split was talking to himself. In Lettan. If the reasonable saiyan focused on the voice, he would find himself somewhere between sleeping and waking, paralyzed physically, but still able to move his dream body. Still able to see the fight in reality with his eyes, but also the dream-like state overlaying it. In the dream, Max is dressed in a doctor's coat and is manipulating some kind of holographic display of a body...Lettan's body. And the Max is talking to himself, providing a running commentary that seems mostly about fixing up said body.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2018-04-20 at 12:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Super Saiyan Terror:
    "Yankar! What the hell!"
    "Oh shut it, I count at least two healers here, he'll be fine. I practically gave him a free Zenkai with how focused on saving lives you people are."
    The world shakes, the sky swirls with dark clouds and lightning crackles and dances across the sky, as the golden flaming power rages out of control, Vegetas eyes had gone pure white with rage, the ground cracks and rocks start rising up at an alarming rate, distant waters toss and turn from his power and his golden inferno rises up all around him, burning with incandescent fury. Vegeta roars out with a voice like an Oozaru:
    "RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!! !!"
    Making the winds blowing away from him with his force, this was a primal furious power, old as the saiyans themselves, arising from its slumber. His hair is now a glowing blonde, and he fixes his white glare upon Yankar, growling and twitching as he does so, the world still trembling. Jade looks between them sensing the two duelists equal power, then lays a hand on Vodkana's shoulder.
    "....No. I think Yankar brought this upon himself."

Suddenly Vegeta speeds forward and hits Yankar straight in the gut, Yankar hacking up blood, taken by surprise. Then Vegeta begins a furious beat down upon Yankar to pay him back for every blow he landed upon him and to try to avenge Lettan. He was beyond reason right now. Vegeta was in pure rage, determined to kill Yankar for what he just did. Friend, foe? Enemy, Ally? Such distinctions were beyond him right now. All that mattered was killing Yankar. He roars as he lays the savage beatdown, every blow with power like that an ozaru, but beyond it in strength. He felt the pure, yellow rage flow through him as he remembered how he and Lettan attended school together, grew up together, how Lettan always was there to keep focused, to keep on track, to keep him from just exploding an a random saiyan and teaching him patience. What would he do without him? What COULD he do without his adviser and peacerior? There was no saiyan like him to Vegeta's knowledge. So therefore rage. Yankar feels bones break as Vegeta's onslaught bloodies and bruises him from head to toe, chasing him and crashing through mountains without care.

Soon Yankar gets an opportunity manages to right himself and get his guard back up, his clothes torn and many wounds added to his impressive collection of scars. But even as he defends himself, it takes all his power and skill to block and dodge Vegeta's assault. This was nothing like the super saiyans from his time. They just went super saiyan and were perfectly calm. This was like fighting a rampaging beast! There was ferocity, a danger that the half-saiyans lacked when they did it. Did they gain in control, what they lose in fury? This power was raw and ferocious, untamed and unrestrained. He would not stop. Yankar was actually smiling a little. this was actually a challenge! Finally! This is the Super Saiyan he had been seeking. This was the foe that he was training to fight for so long! Maybe could do for a more aware opponent though. A raging beast was likely to get boring and a more tactical and artistic battle could be more of a challenge for him.
    "Hey, you do know that Lettan is being healed right? He is ok. I'm sorry that I did this, but it seemed the only way after I tried everything else. With your new level of power, you are really a great fighter. A worth foe."
    "RAAARARAAARAAAARRAAAGGH!!!!"
    Vegeta is deaf to his words. He continues unleashing his power in his berserk state and the world continue to shake and fall apart from his blows. It was as if he was one-man apocalypse upon this desolate world. As Yankar ponders how fortuitous for Max to suggest going to someplace this, Yankar realizes that he may have screwed up. If Vegeta continues this, he might actually destroy the planet and kill them all. And if that happened it would be all Yankar's fault. And his pride couldn't have that. a Martial artist is supposed to be restrained, and not let his power affect those he did not intend to hit. If Vegeta was truly beyond reason, he had to end it now, with the technique he trained specifically for this. He jumps back and shouts
    "Solar Flare!"
    "Gyah!"
    Vegeta is stopped for a moment, blinded by the flash and then Yankar flash steps behind him and yells
    "Pressure Point: Blocking The Manipura Chakra!"
    And hits Vegeta right in the back with his two fingers.

Suddenly the Super Saiyan form winks out like a candle. Vegeta blinks, suddenly aware confused.
    "what just happened? My super saiyan power....its gone?"
    "Only for five minutes. It took me some time to figure it out, but in my research I figured that if both Arcosians and Saiyans had a golden form, that there must be a commonality between them. therefore I studied ki itself and found that there are seven centers of ki power called chakras. Each one with a different color and corresponding to a different place on the body. The Manipura chakra, the solar plexus is yellow. So I figured: what if both arcosians and Saiyans are simply accessing the same chakra when they go into these super forms and the golden hair and bio-armor are simply the side effects of imbalancing your ki like that by accessing only one source of power within? your body is a machine after all, and if you draw upon one source of power too much, it runs out quicker even as you get more from the ease of drawing it all from one place."
    He points at Vegeta.
    "So I simply practiced jabbing that pressure point over and over and hoped that my theory was correct. I honestly was not sure if that would work. but now that it has, well. Time to finish this."
    He speeds forward and hits Vegeta around a few more times before Vegeta falls to the ground, defeated.
    "and now, I've finally won. Finally I've proven that a normal human can defeat a super Saiyan!"
    Vegeta on the ground, laughs a little chuckle.
    "...whats so funny?"
    "....I....don't care if I didn't win. I've....achieved the Super Saiyan Form...I have....the power....to save my people.....an achievement to make them see I am a king worthy of following....a power to pass down to my son.....when I get one....you....have given me....the very power you sought to defeat.....and now I will use it....to make sure the Saiyans.....live on...."
    He falls unconscious, leaving Yankar to think on that. Yankar gazes upon the saiyans still shocked at what happened, Lettan being healed and Vegeta defeated as Jade teleports them all back to Earth. He falls to his knees. He felt.....hollow. This didn't feel triumphant. He had worked so long for this, but now...what was he to do now? He could train to try and defeat Super Saiyan 2 or 3, or even those god forms of legend.....but that would repeating the cycle would it not? what point was there in that? He realized: these people weren't the half-saiyans he raged against in his time. This was not the victory he desired. He....didn't know what to do anymore.
    "......Why does this victory feel so empty?"
    So he forlornly flew away, not sure where he was going.

Lettan wakes up from being healed
    "uuuugh..."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-04-20 at 01:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Super Saiyan Terror:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yankar! What the hell!"
    "Oh shut it, I count at least two healers here, he'll be fine. I practically gave him a free Zenkai with how focused on saving lives you people are."
    The world shakes, the sky swirls with dark clouds and lightning crackles and dances across the sky, as the golden flaming power rages out of control, Vegetas eyes had gone pure white with rage, the ground cracks and rocks start rising up at an alarming rate, distant waters toss and turn from his power and his golden inferno rises up all around him, burning with incandescent fury. Vegeta roars out with a voice like an Oozaru:
    "RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!! !!"
    Making the winds blowing away from him with his force, this was a primal furious power, old as the saiyans themselves, arising from its slumber. His hair is now a glowing blonde, and he fixes his white glare upon Yankar, growling and twitching as he does so, the world still trembling. Jade looks between them sensing the two duelists equal power, then lays a hand on Vodkana's shoulder.
    "....No. I think Yankar brought this upon himself."

Suddenly Vegeta speeds forward and hits Yankar straight in the gut, Yankar hacking up blood, taken by surprise. Then Vegeta begins a furious beat down upon Yankar to pay him back for every blow he landed upon him and to try to avenge Lettan. He was beyond reason right now. Vegeta was in pure rage, determined to kill Yankar for what he just did. Friend, foe? Enemy, Ally? Such distinctions were beyond him right now. All that mattered was killing Yankar. He roars as he lays the savage beatdown, every blow with power like that an ozaru, but beyond it in strength. He felt the pure, yellow rage flow through him as he remembered how he and Lettan attended school together, grew up together, how Lettan always was there to keep focused, to keep on track, to keep him from just exploding an a random saiyan and teaching him patience. What would he do without him? What COULD he do without his adviser and peacerior? There was no saiyan like him to Vegeta's knowledge. So therefore rage. Yankar feels bones break as Vegeta's onslaught bloodies and bruises him from head to toe, chasing him and crashing through mountains without care.

Soon Yankar gets an opportunity manages to right himself and get his guard back up, his clothes torn and many wounds added to his impressive collection of scars. But even as he defends himself, it takes all his power and skill to block and dodge Vegeta's assault. This was nothing like the super saiyans from his time. They just went super saiyan and were perfectly calm. This was like fighting a rampaging beast! There was ferocity, a danger that the half-saiyans lacked when they did it. Did they gain in control, what they lose in fury? This power was raw and ferocious, untamed and unrestrained. He would not stop. Yankar was actually smiling a little. this was actually a challenge! Finally! This is the Super Saiyan he had been seeking. This was the foe that he was training to fight for so long! Maybe could do for a more aware opponent though. A raging beast was likely to get boring and a more tactical and artistic battle could be more of a challenge for him.
    "Hey, you do know that Lettan is being healed right? He is ok. I'm sorry that I did this, but it seemed the only way after I tried everything else. With your new level of power, you are really a great fighter. A worth foe."
    "RAAARARAAARAAAARRAAAGGH!!!!"
    Vegeta is deaf to his words. He continues unleashing his power in his berserk state and the world continue to shake and fall apart from his blows. It was as if he was one-man apocalypse upon this desolate world. As Yankar ponders how fortuitous for Max to suggest going to someplace this, Yankar realizes that he may have screwed up. If Vegeta continues this, he might actually destroy the planet and kill them all. And if that happened it would be all Yankar's fault. And his pride couldn't have that. a Martial artist is supposed to be restrained, and not let his power affect those he did not intend to hit. If Vegeta was truly beyond reason, he had to end it now, with the technique he trained specifically for this. He jumps back and shouts
    "Solar Flare!"
    "Gyah!"
    Vegeta is stopped for a moment, blinded by the flash and then Yankar flash steps behind him and yells
    "Pressure Point: Blocking The Manipura Chakra!"
    And hits Vegeta right in the back with his two fingers.

Suddenly the Super Saiyan form winks out like a candle. Vegeta blinks, suddenly aware confused.
    "what just happened? My super saiyan power....its gone?"
    "Only for five minutes. It took me some time to figure it out, but in my research I figured that if both Arcosians and Saiyans had a golden form, that there must be a commonality between them. therefore I studied ki itself and found that there are seven centers of ki power called chakras. Each one with a different color and corresponding to a different place on the body. The Manipura chakra, the solar plexus is yellow. So I figured: what if both arcosians and Saiyans are simply accessing the same chakra when they go into these super forms and the golden hair and bio-armor are simply the side effects of imbalancing your ki like that by accessing only one source of power within? your body is a machine after all, and if you draw upon one source of power too much, it runs out quicker even as you get more from the ease of drawing it all from one place."
    He points at Vegeta.
    "So I simply practiced jabbing that pressure point over and over and hoped that my theory was correct. I honestly was not sure if that would work. but now that it has, well. Time to finish this."
    He speeds forward and hits Vegeta around a few more times before Vegeta falls to the ground, defeated.
    "and now, I've finally won. Finally I've proven that a normal human can defeat a super Saiyan!"
    Vegeta on the ground, laughs a little chuckle.
    "...whats so funny?"
    "....I....don't care if I didn't win. I've....achieved the Super Saiyan Form...I have....the power....to save my people.....an achievement to make them see I am a king worthy of following....a power to pass down to my son.....when I get one....you....have given me....the very power you sought to defeat.....and now I will use it....to make sure the Saiyans.....live on...."
    He falls unconscious, leaving Yankar to think on that. Yankar gazes upon the saiyans still shocked at what happened, Lettan being healed and Vegeta defeated as Jade teleports them all back to Earth. He falls to his knees. He felt.....hollow. This didn't feel triumphant. He had worked so long for this, but now...what was he to do now? He could train to try and defeat Super Saiyan 2 or 3, or even those god forms of legend.....but that would repeating the cycle would it not? what point was there in that? He realized: these people weren't the half-saiyans he raged against in his time. This was not the victory he desired. He....didn't know what to do anymore.
    "......Why does this victory feel so empty?"
    So he forlornly flew away, not sure where he was going.

Lettan wakes up from being healed
    "uuuugh..."
    Katnep watched the battle in awe. She knew she felt something beyond the yellow stormart of rage ... is that what it was? The legendary super saiyan state? She had to train more, become even more powerful, so that her body could handle it next time. Then she saw Vodkana again, clenched her fists, and walked up to her. It was clear she was no match for the goddess of destruction, but she still had to know....

"I just have one question," she asked through gritted teeth.

Meanwhile, after watching the fight, Starlight had only one thing to say to Yankar. She teleported up next to him, flying alongside him.

"Um, just so you know, you were wrong about one thing," she said. "Arcosians can actually change the color of their bio-armor, so that's why Frieza had that golden form. It was an attempt to both emulate and mock Goku, nothing more." She knew this based on the fact that she knew Artic and Ieez, as well as her detailed studies of Arcosians ten years ago during the rebellion against Hailing.

Meanwhile, a human noble watched from below, watching Yankar fly high above....
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #229

RedWizardGuy

Earth

As people are brought back to Earth, and Lettan starts to come around, the Max-split double checks it's stabilizing work then starts to peel out of Lettan. For those watching, it looks like a fist rises up out of his chest, wreathed in tendrils of energy that only start to peel away as the fist opens up and the hand reaches around to start pressing against the ground. A second arm rises up out of the downed Lettan, and the Max split that had joined into him pulled itself up and out from Lettan's chest, leaving no wound, nor even damage to his outfit. After brushing itself off, the Max-split then turned and held it's hands over the downed Lettan, enveloping his body in his far more regular healing waves technique to finish patching up the damage that Yankar had done earlier.

As he worked, the Max split looked over to Yankar. He opens his mouth, then closes it as he realizes the martial artist is already out of quipping range. So instead, when he finishes up the relatively minor boo boo that Lettan has left, the Max split heads over to the downed King Vegeta and starts healing him, again relying on the healing waves technique. There was no reason to be sneaky at this point, and really, the healing waves technique was more effective when applied to another person. It wouldn't take long for Max to patch up the damage Vegeta's body had taken and help him replenish the lost blood. Cleaning his suit though....well, he'd have to figure that part out on his own.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Yankar:
    He just looks at Starlight, then back at the scene then back at her and is awkwardly like:
    ".....Okay."
    He notices the noble down there, looking at him. He felt listless and nothing much else to do so flew down.
    "Whats your deal? you seem focused on me."
    He wasn't feeling his best after that, but Yankar will hear him out nonetheless. He needed time to think. He felt like something had changed, but he didn't know what. Perhaps the answers will come in time.

Saiyan Diplomacy:
    The saiyans were suddenly divided after that frightening display of power.
    "I dunno guys." says one "That was terrifying. Like, the Oozaru is small potatoes compared to that, I like fighting just as much as the next guy, but we can't breathe in space and rage that could break a planet seems like it'd cut a good fight short."
    "What're you a coward? That was awesome! Who knows what we could do with that?"
    "Are you crazy? Vegeta is the strongest and most skilled of us and he had no control of it? What kind of warrior can't wield his own weapon properly?"
    "Should we really be following a guy who has it? He could flip out at any moment...."
    "I think it'll be fine if we can get it under control. Just imagine the potential!"
    "Yeah but that pressure point though..."
    and so on and so forth, but basically they dividing into two camps about the issue: one against super saiyan and one for super saiyan.
    "Oh dear..." Lettan says to himself while Vegeta begins to wake up from healing.

Pinappla blinks at what just occurred.
    "Okay then.....I'm terrified now."
    "Thats strange. Goku nor my Vegeta wasn't nearly so affected by the rage....but then again, Goku has very high emotional control because of his martial training....did the rage affect this Vegeta more because he didn't have as great emotional control?"
    "what are you talking about?"
    "...Ah, just wondering to myself. I think things are done here. How are you feeling about getting you settled in as my new student?"

Luxana comes flying in.
    "I bring a message from Shanakan, who is starting to manage to see useful visions through the blockage. An ork fleet will be arriving to invade Earth in search of Mekrashin Darok on Kurumo's orders, not immediately but sometime soon. Be ready. He would've warned you about the Yankar thing but....by the time he found that, it was too late."
    This is getting too fast. Got to slow this down. Some time to breathe and prepare before you have to face an ork armada, especially after that crazy duel.

Solitus's Most Evil Act Yet
    Solitus after much preening and prodding has finally realized what was missing
    "Oh thats right! I forgot to put my new Kai clothes! Every ruler of the universe deserves one!"
    With a snap of his fingers he conjures the gaudiest, shiniest most hideous clothing imaginable:
    Spoiler: Why
    Show

Traube you now realize Solitus's true evil: his horrible, horrible sense of fashion. The gaudiness, its over 9000. This is like, so much worse than anything else he's ever done. That clothing HAS to die, its just objectively evil, even the least unfashionable person in the universe can see it. Yes those nerds who wear polka-dot and stripes and so on some distant planet of statistically the lowest amount of fashion sense, farthest from the Belilyans? THEY sense how bad and gaudy it is. They don't know why they're sensing that, they're confused, Beiliyans probably have it even WORSE. I don't think anyone can forgive him for this. But we must ignore it for now for....seemingly less important.....matters.
    Kurumo. Would you lower the shield? I must make the announcement to all the Universe of my victory.
    What? Don't you remember? The Rebel Alliance? Our strategy? If you announce it, they will come.
    But I'm Perfect, How Could I Possibly Lose?
    ....You....are too high up. You are too perfect to risk dirtying your hands with them, my lord. I'm sure less perfect beings than you are sufficient to do the job. You are a king after all, let your subjects fight for you.
    ....Yes That Is Correct. But The Universe Still Needs To Know My Glory.
    Very well, I shall send the Orks to eliminate them. Unlike the saiyans, they don't even have a concept of diplomacy.

The shield lowers and Solitus begins to march inside the Godtube station.

Warlord Deatheye
    Kurumo teleports in, to an orky kruizer.
    "Oy! Who iz yu den?" Warlord Deatheye demands, as he points his slugga at Kurumo, shifting his cowboy a hat a little as he does so.
    "do you want to know, the location of Mekrashin Darok?"
    ".....Aye."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Yankar:

He just looks at Starlight, then back at the scene then back at her and is awkwardly like:

".....Okay."

He notices the noble down there, looking at him. He felt listless and nothing much else to do so flew down.

"Whats your deal? you seem focused on me."

He wasn't feeling his best after that, but Yankar will hear him out nonetheless. He needed time to think. He felt like something had changed, but he didn't know what. Perhaps the answers will come in time.
    Starlight nodded to Yankar, then flew away. Meanwhile, the well-dressed nobleman bowed his head in respect and offered his hand to shake.

"Well fought, sir Yankar," he said, in a vaguely British accent. "Very well-fought. My name is Lord Maxwell. I come to you with an offer I think you'll find quite intriguing...."

Saiyan Diplomacy:

The saiyans were suddenly divided after that frightening display of power.

"I dunno guys." says one "That was terrifying. Like, the Oozaru is small potatoes compared to that, I like fighting just as much as the next guy, but we can't breathe in space and rage that could break a planet seems like it'd cut a good fight short."

"What're you a coward? That was awesome! Who knows what we could do with that?"

"Are you crazy? Vegeta is the strongest and most skilled of us and he had no control of it? What kind of warrior can't wield his own weapon properly?"

"Should we really be following a guy who has it? He could flip out at any moment...."

"I think it'll be fine if we can get it under control. Just imagine the potential!"

"Yeah but that pressure point though..."

And so on and so forth, but basically they dividing into two camps about the issue: one against super saiyan and one for super saiyan.

"Oh dear..." Lettan says to himself while Vegeta begins to wake up from healing.
    Meanwhile, Starlight broke away from Yankar and returned to the group. "So that is the super saiyan form...." she remarked. "Mister Lettan, if I may, I think I have a few insights on it that you will find helpful in the future."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

[Vodkana]

Vodkana turned to Katnep. "Ah. Nya. You awake. Are you ok?'

[Spoon]

spoon apear from the shadow, with mountain victory cake.
    "Would you like to celebrate your victory?"

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Yankar:
    He was disgusted that he resorted to something so lowly as tricking Lettan, and considered that fight shameful.
    "...Thanks."
    he says in a low tone nevertheless.
    "What is it then? Make it."

Saiyan Diplomacy
    "ok." Lettan says "I'll hear it out."
    "Whoa.....THAT was the Super Saiyan power!? It was.....blind rage. Pure rage. I....think I'll need to figure out how to control this power before it can be used...."

"Good to know, Luxana. Best we start training and preparing the defenses..."

Mekrashin: Orky Surgery Simulator 486
    Welcome to Ork surgery with your doctor on call, Stabbit the Gretchin. Here we have Mekrashin spread out upon the ground with his shirt and coat taken off to expose his chest. He desires a cybernetic heart transplant where his green orky heart is replaced with a Waaaagh! Engine. A risky transplant indeed, and the humans in the audience as probably wondering: won't he die from this? Ah but such a thought comes from ignorance: artificial hearts keep humans alive all the time, that and Mekrashin has Orky biology, which is on par with Arcosians in how insanely durable they are. A good example of the surgery they do is their dokboyz chopping off and sowing an ork's head onto another body....and the ork working fine afterwards. Due to the nature of their reproduction their bodies are incredibly interchangeable. The tools Stabbit has available from the pockets of both of them combined:
    (1) Choppa, Slightly Used.
    (1) A nail
    (1) A squighide leather string of indeterminate length
    (Just Enough) duct bubblegum
    (No) Anaesthetic
    (1) Rusty Dagger, Probably not Sharpened.
    (1) Pipe staff
    (1) pliers.
    (Tons) Unfounded Belief
    None of them have been cleaned, which Orkz don't get the concept of in all probability. Stabbit takes off his bandana then ties it to cover his mouth. If he had gloves he would msot certainly be snapping them on right now. Now remember kids: Stabbit is not a trained professional. Don't try this at home. Or ever. He dips his finger in blue paint and traces a square over the heart area to be cut out, because its the color for luck.
    "Alrigh' stay still boss. Dis iz goin' ta hurt a lot, an' be very messy."
    He then hefts the choppa with both hands and brings it down upon the orks chest and immediately Mekrashin yells out while flailing his arms about in pain.
    "didn't I jus' tell ya to stay still boss?"
    He gets out the pipe staff and clobbers him over the head until he falls unconscious. Then Lifts the choppa with both hands and tries again. It takes a few more hefts, some staff-drubbings and patience to get through the whole thing and finally Stabbit takes the square slab of meat off and puts it aside on a rock. Then he saws off the parts of the ribs blocking the way to the heart with the choppa while Mekrashin screams in pain again and Stabbit has to knock him out, again. He puts the parts of the ribs aside. Then he takes the rusty dagger, leans in close to the beating ork heart and deftly cuts it out and puts it aside with Mekrashin only awakening with an "ow" this time. The goes to the little chest, opens the lid and takes out the Waaagh Engine to find....
    "Mekrashin." He states nonplussed "Dis 'erez a drill."
    "Aye. put it in."
    "....Wherez da engine?"
    "Dat IZ da engine."
    "Da drill?"
    "Ya. Da drillz da engine."
    "But....'owz dat supposed ta work?"
    "Cause mekboy reasunz! put it in!"
    "But why...."
    "DARN IT YA GROT! PUT IN ME NOW! I 'AVE NO HEART! TIME'S A-WASTIN' AFORE A DIE! DO IT BEFORE I KRUMP YA ROIGHT 'ARD!"
    "Fine fine!"
    Stabbit shoves the drill in tip first and uses the pliers to tie the veins to the dri-Waaagh! engine. Then he takes the ribs, puts duct bubblegum on the sides so that they glue back together with the rest of the ribs and sets them in, then takes the square slab of flesh, puts it over the ribs and begins sowing the flesh back together using the nail as the needle and the squighide leather string as twine, Mekrashins making noises of pain every time it goes in and out, until the square flesh was all tied up like a proper surgery.

The surgery successful, Mekrashin feels da WAAAAAAAAGH flowing through his entire body, the drill Waaagh Engine drawing upon Waaagh energy from across orky society to power him. He stands up and lets out a big shout:
    "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!"
    As his power surges and he feels more powerful and alive than ever before. The green flames of battle pulsing through him and flare around him, pushing him towards the next horizon, the next frontier, the next thing to do in eternal evolution, the next fight, the next foe to overcome. He wagered he had enough power to fight Warlord Deatheye if he came by, or at least survive his pursuit with that implanted. But he could not wait. He needed to fight NOW. He needed to explore this world, see what was going on, what fighters were HERE. He hadn't had a good fight yet and was feeling empty because of it. He grins, puts on shirt and pirate jacket and hat and says
    "Come on.....dere's a whole world of humiez out dere. Letz see wot itz loik eh?"
    "Got it, boss. Glad to see your theory was correct."
    "Me too."
    They then fly off to see what human cities are like.

24. - Top - End - #234

Godtube Station

Traube had witnessed many horrible things in her lifetime, being murdered by the man he loved (albeit forced to) while their species was subjugated to an evil alien warlord. The teeming hordes of Hell overrunning Heaven. But that...THING. Solitus wore. That...abomination of all things decent, holy, fashionable, and colorful was by far the most disgusting thing she had ever laid eyes upon. Its garish colors clashed so violently, Traube could almost sense the power levels of the hues, and the metallic sheen was so intense, the light that bounced off of it felt as though someone was shining a laser beam into her eyes. That would have been bad enough, but on closer inspection, it wasn't deliberate. There were color combinations that actually worked, or where luster was quite tasteful. The places where this was visible were interspersed seemingly at random with the parts that were physically painful to look at. No, this wasn't a horrible outfit designed on purpose by experts to make the worst outfit ever, it was designed by someone who had less than no idea what they were doing, and threw everything and the kitchen sink at the base design, and declared it brilliant.

Erruaaagh... Traube groaned in agony, looking away as she shielded her eyes with her arm. F-forgive me Your Perfectionedness. Then she had an idea. In my imperfection I am not worthy to behold such wondrous attire! Truly whomsoever designed it has taste with no peer! She tried hard not to make it sound as sarcastic as she wanted it to be. Not like the glowing idiot would pick up on it. I must avert my unworthy presence! In perhaps an overly dramatic maneuver, she fled into the recording studio. Conveniently, where she left her distress recording, and 'accidentally' pressed play, while trying to work with the somewhat unfamiliar controls to make sure that what ever was being played wasn't being heard from INSIDE the Station, unless they actively had Godtube playing on what ever devices they had with them.

Godtube

I-I don't know where they came from our how they got out of Hell, but they're running wild. We're being overrun and forced to kneel to this-this Solitus guy! We can't hold out, we need help! Right now! Get the new Emperor of the Arcosian Empire! I don't know but you've got to do something, or Heaven will be lost, forever!

25. - Top - End - #235

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

As mentioned before, the city has a self defense system, and is rather automated. So while the sensors kept track of Merkashin, the city wasn't doing anything to stop him unless he decided to attack it. If Merkashin decided to start blowing up entire cities or enact massive destruction, well, then the city would do something about it.

Max's Battleship

With the message of an Ork invasion incoming made clear, the Max on the bridge got to work activating the defense grid. Which was mostly just pressing a button, confirming the reality of the situation, and then turning on a link between the defense grid's sensors and the battleship's, so that the battleship could be moved to support the defense grid when the bulk of the Ork fleet became apparent.

Near-Earth Space

The network of satellites positioned around the solar system and littered throughout it started lighting up. Some of them were already active, playing host to ships that had broken down nearby and sent out a distress signal (providing repairs and aid). Others were actively playing host to diplomatic envoys who had basically been given the cushiest assignment in intergalactic politics: waiting however many decades it takes for Earth to be ready for entering the galactic scene on a planetary basis instead of a few statistical outliers. Across all of the stations, however, the same message began playing.

Spoiler: Prerecorded message from Max
    Show
    A prerecorded video of Max in body armor and wielding a rectangular device with a pair of ergonomic grips and a stock started playing, "This is the emergency Ork alert message. If you're seeing this, it means that either there are Orks nearby, on their way, or Max has activated the emergency Ork alert for some other reason. The countdown that is displaying on this message is how long you have to evacuate the station if you want to get to your ship and go. For everyone who is staying, please follow the lines lighting up along the hallways in blue. They lead to the ultra-secure lockdown area for guests and breathing organisms. In preparation for potential invasion, the areas outside the lockdown will be evacuated of their air supply, and be exposed to hard vacuum. This will not actually stop an Ork, but it will slow them down a bit and make it easier to clean their spores out of the area when pressure is restored later." The Max in the video walks with the camera into a room, the lockdown area, if anyone is following the instructions, "Should the station get boarded, you will find an armory within the lockdown area, located here. It will have a supply of simple but effective battle suits like the one you can see me wearing, and heat cannons like you can see me holding here. I suppose some people might call it a laser, but really, they've been tuned to set things on fire. Because that's the most effective means of combatting Orks: burning them. The battlesuits will also seal against hard vacuum, providing a secondary layer of defense if the lockdown area is penetrated. Since this is a pre-recorded message, I can't really guarantee that the defenses in the station will be wholly sufficient to keep you safe, but you Will be safer in here than on one of those zippy little things most of the galaxy calls a space ship. For further context- it would take an unlikely amount of concentrated Ork effort to successfully take this station, because there are so many others like it comprising the defense grid. The fewer of these stations that are inhabited, the less likely you are to be specifically targeted with enough concentrated effort to be captured, eaten, enslaved, or looted. In the worst case scenario, there is a self destruct sequence that can be activated if there are sufficient Ork life signs on the station and they are making serious headway into the lockdown area. I caution against blowing yourselves up as long as you hold out any hope, but if it really gets that bad, further instructions will follow to provide the last few survivors with a way to go out spitting in the eye of the enemy." The Max in the video takes a bow, "In any case, if you're still around, good luck with the lockdown. You can survive within it's confines indefinitely, and hopefully you won't have to. Just remember not to take any Ork spores with you back to your home world when everything is said and done, or you will be dooming your planet to a fate worse than death." With that, the video freeze frames on Max giving the viewers a thumbs up.

As the stations were powering up weapons, one of the other systems they started to power up was something that Merkashin had gotten lucky in bypassing earlier: the stations synchronized with each other to form a bubble of bent space around the solar system. While it wouldn't stop a ship at slower than light speed from flying through, it would cause faster than light craft to skip past, stop, or come screaming out of the warp depending on the kind of faster than light drive it was using. Direct teleportation would still function, but at the least any invading Ork armada would find itself coming out at the edge of the solar system, and where a large concentration of defense satellites would be, instead of directly over Earth, for example.

Earth

The Max-split that was healing King Vegeta finished up his work, then reached out to pat the saiyan king on the shoulder, "Anger like that can seem insurmountable at first, but all emotions are within the realm of self control." From the tone of his voice, it sounded like he had experience in that area, "It's also worth remembering that it's not wrong to feel, but it may be wrong to act on what you feel. I'm willing to help you find the strength within yourself to achieve the control you need, if you want."

The offer made, the Max-split that had been sparring with some of the saiyans dropped down next to Luxana, "I'm already activating the defense grid I put up around this system. While it might not take out the armada on it's own, it will drop them out of FTL away from the planet. And the battleship up there IS built for these kinds of fights. And if we can get volunteers, I can suit them up with space armor for fighting in hard vacuum. I think we can handle all the combat in space, well away from any of the planets in the solar system, but that won't stop them from trying to teleport to Earth or any of the other planets in the system, so having a contingency force here and ready to spring on Ork invaders would provide the last layer of security necessary to lock up any chance of a successful Ork invasion."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana smiled with excitment"I can deal with space just fine, but I always like to change style. Nyayanya!"

King Fenrir"Protecting Earth is my duty. I'll do what ever it takes!"

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Solitus The Redeemer:
    Solitus turns on the Godtube Station and begins broadcasting live, his face appearing on livesteam channels across the universe.
    "Greetings Universe. I am Solitus, King of Kings. God of Gods. I Am Broadcasting to You, To Announce My Victory Over The Kais, And To Being My Reign Of All The World. I Am Sure You Have Many Questions, Worry Not. They Will All be Answered In Time. Just Know That I Rule All Things Now, And That Eventually I Will Become Both The God of Creation AND Destruction Due to My Unique Heritage, And Thus The God Of The Cycle. I Do This, So That I May Perfect All Things, For I Am The Hero of All Heroes, The Greatest Being That Ever Was And Ever Shall Be, And Thus My Compassion Is Limitless!

Of Course, My Kingdom Is Existence, And I Shall Impose My Law Upon It. Worry Not, You Shall Know These Rules Shortly! But Before I Detail The Laws Of Which All Things Must Live, I Must First Demonstrate What Happens When You Defy Me, So That You May Avoid Doing So."

He smiles all throughout the broadcast, his grin unfailing, even as he says the next words, his tone conveying a more unsettling light.
    "Guards. I Need.....An Example."
    Soon a nyagatoan is dragged in. It was one of Solituses own troops, a cannibal from hell trying to scrabble out of their grip, the two guards marching completely upright with the same eternal smile as Solitus with golden S's on their forehead. They stop in front of him and the nyagato whimpers in fear.
    "Behold, One Of My Own Troops. I Show Him To You, The Universe, Because I Am a Fair Deity. This Soldier Here, Disobeyed My Orders. He Was Supposed To Not Kill Anyone In The Taking Of Heaven. But He Ate An Oni. I Saw Said Oni With a Halo Over His Head Babbling Out Who Did It As Proof. And Now, He Must Suffer The Consequences Of His Actions."
    "No! Please!" says the cannibal "Have mercy God-King Solitus! I-i-i-i--i-i can still be useful to you!"
    Solitus laughs, his smile never fading.
    "Your Wish Is Already Granted! I Am Solitus, The Perfect Being! My Mercy Is Infinite! No, I Recognize That Like All Beings Who Are Not Me, You Are Imperfect. Flawed. Poorly Made. You Simply Cannot Help It! Worry Not. I Have Devised A Spell To Fix Everything About You. Magic That Will Perfect You So that You Never Do Wrong Ever Again! You Have Simply Proven That Your Someone Who Needs To be Fixed Faster Than Most. Someone That Needs It Done As Soon As Possible To Save Your Soul From Imperfection! Everything Will Be Fine Soon."
    He chants strange words focusing on his right hand and a eerie white light begins to glow around it. Somehow, the cannibal soldier is not reassured.
    "W-what do you mean? I....I don't understand...."
    Solitus looks at him with that frozen grin and says
    "Why, Isn't It Obvious?"
    Creepy close up as he declares:
    "I'm Redeeming You."
    Then suddenly presses his palm against the cannibals forehead and begins to scream as white fire spread across his entire form.
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...."
    The fire begins to burn away and erase every single memory he ever had. Good. Bad. Important. Trivial.
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....."
    He screams in agony and in despair as everything he knows and loves about everything, was burned away in his head, including his own identity, until there was nothing but a blank soul.
    "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII......"
    But it was not done. New memories began to flood the blank souls mind. Memories of Earth, of heroism and praise. Solituses memories
    "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-AAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAA"
    The screaming is replaced by maniacal laughter as the blank soul turns into a second Solitus. A weaker one, but a copy of him nonetheless. The spell ends and the second Solitus sands up, with the same grin, the former individual gone.
    "Behold!" the real Solitus declares
    "I Have Improved Upon The Cycle of Reincarnation! Instead of Peoples Memories Being Erased To Start Over In Some Random Place, I Figured Why Not Just Erase and Replace Memories In Souls With Copies Of My Own Memories!? Thus All Their Imperfection Is Destroyed, And Since They're Now Me, They Are Now Perfect And Can Never Do Anything Wrong Ever Again! Thus Utopia Will Be Achieved When Everyone Becomes Me!"
    "Your sure right about that, Me!"
    "Yes I Am!"

They both thumbs up each other. Oh Kais above, there are two of them now.
    "But Thats A More Long Term Goal. I Am In No Hurry. After all, I Am Perfect And Therefore My Victory Is Inevitable."
    "You can't rush perfection!"
    "You Sure Can't!"
    "Now Of Course We Must Detail The Provisional Rules That Will Be Put In Place Until Perfection Is Achieved..."

All the villains in Heaven watching this are terrified, eyes wide, knowing that Solitus wasn't trapped in here with them. They were trapped in here with Solitus.

Earth:
    Luxana, Pinappla and the Referas are watching this on a C-phone after they got Traube's message
    "....I have no words."
    Jade says in barely contained rage. It was clear that Solitus will need to stopped at some point. She sends a message to Apfel:
    Tracelasergal: Hey you seeing this? This is very concerning. Teleport here and I'll tell you who this guy is in person.

28. - Top - End - #238

The Shining City

WorldBlade: I'm already here. Get me to Heaven ASAP.

As he said, one of the teleporters in the Shining City fired up, bringing the current Emperor of the Arcosian Empire to Earth.

Since the Imperial occupation on Earth, the reverse-engineering of the teleporter has begun one of many technological revolutions ongoing at the moment. More and more, travel across interstellar distances is conducted by teleporters. Everything, from the movement of dignitaries and critical logistics, to middle-class families wanting to take a vacation halfway across the galaxy. Teleporters offer instantaneous transport across intergalactic distances. Naturally, starship manufacturers, freight companies, and other industries reliant on space travel are seeing their industries plummet and are demanding strict regulation on 'dangerous' and 'untested' teleportation technology. Many lower-ranking Imperial officials have acquiesced, though Emperor Apfel's official stance is in favor of teleportation technology.

There is also new innovations under development. Namely, the construction of Gateways. Designed by Artic, these huge constructs operate under the same principle that has allowed individuals to communicate lag-free across billions of light-years of distance for thousands of years: Wormholes. The technology existed, but the cost to produce wormholes on such a scale was absolutely prohibitive before the infinite energy generator. Now the first gateway prototypes are already being built, allowing the creation of massive portals to move anything from individuals to Mass Conveyors instantaneously.

To allow for the safe transportation of individuals to get where they need to go, the TIS system was devised, or Teleporter Identification Signature. Each individual teleporter was keyed to a TIS, which served as both serial number and coordinates. Each TIS was an alphanumeric with 100 digits, future-proofed in the anticipation that one day, literally everyone in the universe would own at least one personal teleporter. For the time being, there were only several hundred thousand. Fortunately, nobody was expected to remember those numbers, so each teleporter sported user interfaces that allowed travelers to specify their destination in numerous other ways. A family on vacation need not even know their hotel teleporter's TIS as long as they know the planet, continent, and region.

However the teleporters on Earth were never connected to this network, at least not fully. As far as the known universe was concerned, Earth had no teleporters. Except the one that Apfel knew the TIS for. He didn't need to memorize the TIS, he just needed to remember a surprisingly simple repeating alphanumeric pattern to 100 digits. The only way for someone to figure this combination out is if Apfel either tells them, or through unbelievably dumb luck as it is not written down, anywhere.

Apfel himself, however, has seen better days. Though his white uniform was immaculate, it was clear his age was getting to him as the wrinkles were pretty visible on his face. He walked with a slight but noticeable gait that favored his right side. In addition, he wore a set of glasses on his nose as his sight was at least beginning to weaken, however the intensity of his gaze did nothing to suggest his mind wasn't as sharp as ever. However, he looked to be in a frenzy.

Godtube Station

Traube watched in abject horror. Hailing, for all his seemingly infinite flaws, didn't purport to have ownership over his subjects' soul. This wasn't a simple transition from one state of being into another, as death is. This is total erasure of a person, both mind and body. While she didn't disagree that this alien monster should be punished, this was beyond the scope of acceptability. It was evil, pure and simple. With him distracted, at least temporarily, Traube took a moment to hyperventilate. While it's true that she didn't need to breathe in her deceased state, it still helped with the overwhelming sense of horror she felt at what she witnessed first-hand, growing hatred from the blatant injustice she beheld. Maybe Solitus isn't that strong. Maybe he just has some powers, and a ridiculous glow, but a very low power-level. Maybe this would all be over if she just punched his clock out with everything that she had.

No, she had to be patient! Help was on the way, it just had to be.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-04-24 at 04:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

RedWizardGuy

The Battleship

The Max on the bridge quirked a brow as a blinking indicator on his messenger program notified him of an important message he had missed. After watching the message from Traube, he found another message just starting, and watched as Solitus proceeded to...well, Max found that there didn't seem to be any words that quite captured how wrong that action was. Not the outfit, Max didn't care about fashion enough for that to really phase him, but the whole...soul erasure and overwriting.

Thankfully, he did not have long to brood, as the teleporter that Apfel had the key for fired up in the Shining City. Max had one of his splits working on the modifications break off to go down to the Shining City.

The Shining City

The split Max sent down from the ship detoured through the city and retrieved a package. As the one nearby Luxana waited for Apfel to show up, the split who had been sent down delivered an oversized, golden hued sword to King Fenrir, "Here, if you're going to defend Earth from an Ork invasion, you'll need this. Heat it up with your Ki, and it will crackle with lightning. In addition to burning your enemies and shocking them, that lightning will let you use it to deflect their plasma weapons." What the split didn't mention is that the magnetic field generated by the blade when heated would also slightly attract bullet. But it's not like King Fenrir was going to be hurt that much, if at all, by bullets anyway.
    Spoiler: A present for Fenrir
    Show

The sword itself had a wave-like pattern on the surface of the blade, which flowed nicely into the artfully crafted hilt. The handle was ergonomically fitted to the hand of someone Fenrir's size, and there was a large diamond set into the pommel to act as a counterbalance. All in all, a sword fit for a king in appearance. A side project that Max had completed some time ago, the blade was composed of an alloy that gains a strong magnetic field when heated, and the nano-structure had been reinforced and designed from the ground up for use in combat. The blade was flexible enough that it would bend and come back to true instead of snapping or shattering, hard enough to hold it's razor sharp edge well, and it had a nano-sized network of veins running through it so that ki channeled into it would both heat and reinforce the structure of the blade. This thing is about as close as Max could make to a magic sword. And every legendary king needs a magic sword, at least as far as Max is concerned.

As Apfel arrived, the Max-split near Luxana waved him down, "Man, Apfel, you've aged like milk since the last time I saw you. Haven't you been letting Asalute give you some maintenance healing?" No, it was not the most diplomatic thing to say. Max was kind of hoping the audacity of the statement might snap Apfel out of that frenzied look, at least long enough to talk a little.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Yankar:
    He was disgusted that he resorted to something so lowly as tricking Lettan, and considered that fight shameful.
    "...Thanks."
    he says in a low tone nevertheless.
    "What is it then? Make it."
    Lord Maxwell adjusted the monocle he wore (being a gentlemanly fellow and all) before replying, thinking his words over carefully.

"My organization has been observing your exploits for some time," he replied. "I lead a small but dedicated group of individuals called the Earth First Coalition. The events of ten years ago opened our eyes to a vast universe beyond our own planet, one which we are woefully unprepared to defend should the need arise. Ten years ago, it was only the intervention of alien forces which ensured our very survival. It is my intent, and that of my group, to ensure that never happens again. We must be able, as a species, to stand on our own two feet. To face these threats without needing to rely on the aid of aliens. From what I have observed, you not only possess such power, but you also share the sentiment that humanity must be able to stand toe to toe with the rest of the universe. We would like you to stand with us, and us with you. Not only do we share a common goal, but we have ... 'acquired' certain equipment that may aid your training, to help you to become stronger, faster. What do you say, ol' chap?"

Saiyan Diplomacy
    "ok." Lettan says "I'll hear it out."
    "Whoa.....THAT was the Super Saiyan power!? It was.....blind rage. Pure rage. I....think I'll need to figure out how to control this power before it can be used...."
    Starlight nodded to the two of them. "Well, you see, believe it or not, you saiyans and my people, ponykind, share a lot more in common than you may think. We both derive power from deeply emotional sources. For you, King Vegeta, it was rage. But not a normal rage -- if it was that easy, every saiyan in the galaxy would have unlocked it by now. No, what you experienced was a purposeful anger from seeing your friend fall, an anger derived not from yourself, but from your connection with another. And this is the key to the super saiyan form. This is also why you will find that half-saiyans have an easier time mastering this form." She nodded meaningfully at Katnep. "No offense, but they are more inclined to form emotional bonds with others, making them more likely to meet the conditions for mastering it."

Spoiler: Didn't We See This In An MLP Episode Once?
    Show
    Solitus The Redeemer:
    Solitus turns on the Godtube Station and begins broadcasting live, his face appearing on livesteam channels across the universe.
    "Greetings Universe. I am Solitus, King of Kings. God of Gods. I Am Broadcasting to You, To Announce My Victory Over The Kais, And To Being My Reign Of All The World. I Am Sure You Have Many Questions, Worry Not. They Will All be Answered In Time. Just Know That I Rule All Things Now, And That Eventually I Will Become Both The God of Creation AND Destruction Due to My Unique Heritage, And Thus The God Of The Cycle. I Do This, So That I May Perfect All Things, For I Am The Hero of All Heroes, The Greatest Being That Ever Was And Ever Shall Be, And Thus My Compassion Is Limitless!

Of Course, My Kingdom Is Existence, And I Shall Impose My Law Upon It. Worry Not, You Shall Know These Rules Shortly! But Before I Detail The Laws Of Which All Things Must Live, I Must First Demonstrate What Happens When You Defy Me, So That You May Avoid Doing So."

He smiles all throughout the broadcast, his grin unfailing, even as he says the next words, his tone conveying a more unsettling light.
    "Guards. I Need.....An Example."
    Soon a nyagatoan is dragged in. It was one of Solituses own troops, a cannibal from hell trying to scrabble out of their grip, the two guards marching completely upright with the same eternal smile as Solitus with golden S's on their forehead. They stop in front of him and the nyagato whimpers in fear.
    "Behold, One Of My Own Troops. I Show Him To You, The Universe, Because I Am a Fair Deity. This Soldier Here, Disobeyed My Orders. He Was Supposed To Not Kill Anyone In The Taking Of Heaven. But He Ate An Oni. I Saw Said Oni With a Halo Over His Head Babbling Out Who Did It As Proof. And Now, He Must Suffer The Consequences Of His Actions."
    "No! Please!" says the cannibal "Have mercy God-King Solitus! I-i-i-i--i-i can still be useful to you!"
    Solitus laughs, his smile never fading.
    "Your Wish Is Already Granted! I Am Solitus, The Perfect Being! My Mercy Is Infinite! No, I Recognize That Like All Beings Who Are Not Me, You Are Imperfect. Flawed. Poorly Made. You Simply Cannot Help It! Worry Not. I Have Devised A Spell To Fix Everything About You. Magic That Will Perfect You So that You Never Do Wrong Ever Again! You Have Simply Proven That Your Someone Who Needs To be Fixed Faster Than Most. Someone That Needs It Done As Soon As Possible To Save Your Soul From Imperfection! Everything Will Be Fine Soon."
    He chants strange words focusing on his right hand and a eerie white light begins to glow around it. Somehow, the cannibal soldier is not reassured.
    "W-what do you mean? I....I don't understand...."
    Solitus looks at him with that frozen grin and says
    "Why, Isn't It Obvious?"
    Creepy close up as he declares:
    "I'm Redeeming You."
    Then suddenly presses his palm against the cannibals forehead and begins to scream as white fire spread across his entire form.
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...."
    The fire begins to burn away and erase every single memory he ever had. Good. Bad. Important. Trivial.
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....."
    He screams in agony and in despair as everything he knows and loves about everything, was burned away in his head, including his own identity, until there was nothing but a blank soul.
    "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII......"
    But it was not done. New memories began to flood the blank souls mind. Memories of Earth, of heroism and praise. Solituses memories
    "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-AAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAA"
    The screaming is replaced by maniacal laughter as the blank soul turns into a second Solitus. A weaker one, but a copy of him nonetheless. The spell ends and the second Solitus sands up, with the same grin, the former individual gone.
    "Behold!" the real Solitus declares
    "I Have Improved Upon The Cycle of Reincarnation! Instead of Peoples Memories Being Erased To Start Over In Some Random Place, I Figured Why Not Just Erase and Replace Memories In Souls With Copies Of My Own Memories!? Thus All Their Imperfection Is Destroyed, And Since They're Now Me, They Are Now Perfect And Can Never Do Anything Wrong Ever Again! Thus Utopia Will Be Achieved When Everyone Becomes Me!"
    "Your sure right about that, Me!"
    "Yes I Am!"

They both thumbs up each other. Oh Kais above, there are two of them now.
    "But Thats A More Long Term Goal. I Am In No Hurry. After all, I Am Perfect And Therefore My Victory Is Inevitable."
    "You can't rush perfection!"
    "You Sure Can't!"
    "Now Of Course We Must Detail The Provisional Rules That Will Be Put In Place Until Perfection Is Achieved..."

All the villains in Heaven watching this are terrified, eyes wide, knowing that Solitus wasn't trapped in here with them. They were trapped in here with Solitus.

Earth:
    Luxana, Pinappla and the Referas are watching this on a C-phone after they got Traube's message
    "....I have no words."
    Jade says in barely contained rage. It was clear that Solitus will need to stopped at some point. She sends a message to Apfel:
    Tracelasergal: Hey you seeing this? This is very concerning. Teleport here and I'll tell you who this guy is in person.
    Starlight stared at the phone in horror. She then summoned a book, flipped through it, and surgically removed a page, burning it up in a flash of pink fire.

"Jade ... you've always been our leader. What do we do?" she asked. "We're facing a battle on two fronts -- do we stay and defend Earth from the Orkish Fleet, or do we go and try to defend Heaven from Solitus?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    The Shining City

As Apfel arrived, the Max-split near Luxana waved him down, "Man, Apfel, you've aged like milk since the last time I saw you. Haven't you been letting Asalute give you some maintenance healing?" No, it was not the most diplomatic thing to say. Max was kind of hoping the audacity of the statement might snap Apfel out of that frenzied look, at least long enough to talk a little.
    Starlight noticed Apfel's arrival and brightened up. "Sensei!" she called out, waving to him in greeting. They hadn't seen much of each other since the incident ten years ago, after all. Part of her was excited to show off the new sword skills she'd learned since then.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-04-25 at 02:25 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show