New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVIII: Still Haven't Caught Up on Season 7!

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Well, Death Battle just did Twilight vs Raven...

Not bad - managed to make a few good points, and was as always enjoyable.
    The Rainbow Rocks clip with the girls failing to shoot rainbows was perfectly timed.

Also it turns out Kira Buckland does a pretty good Twilight.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Was it just me or did this one seem like way more of a punch fight than interactions between their unique abilities? It seemed way less varied than the other two mlp battles...
    Well the other two were meant to be funny, so there was a lot more silliness. This one was just fight fight fight magic magic magic, which in itself is a lot less entertaining than especially the Pinkie vs Deadpool one IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also it turns out Kira Buckland does a pretty good Twilight.
    She does! Have you watched any other videos in which she voices Twilight?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Forgoffen Friendfip
    Show

The first five-ish minutes kinda made me wary of the special, but the rest of it was really pretty good. At first I was all like, "Bluh bluh beach episode" and then Sunset went to Equestria again and Celestia yaaay.

Also, I really like that after her memories of high school were stripped from her, she basically reverts to being a pony, but with a weird human shell.

I kinda like that the EQG series is actually building on what happened before, unlike about half of the main pony episodes.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2018-02-28 at 08:24 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elanasaurus View Post

She does! Have you watched any other videos in which she voices Twilight?
    Nope. Only heard her in Blood Lad and Little Witch Academia, though I can't place the voices off the top of my head (too much anime, not enough brain memory).

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Will try to remember to do the thing when it is not far too late at night...

There is snow, which for many of you in Northern Countries is probably nothng of note, but in the middle of the UK is usually treated as a national cataclysm. Well, especially if it means that I don't get my second table set-up done tomorrow and/or not be able to go to Hammerhead at the weekend...

Steadily trawling through Witcher 3. About cleared all the question marks on the Velen/Novigrad map and then went into the north-east sort of corner and found tons more, and apparently that's the desiginated "high-level" bit, so Gerald did a lot of running away. 'S funny, the level on monsters seems to have far less effect on how I can managed to kill them than what they are. I've managed to knobble some creatures well above my level, but I struggle enormously with Golems several levels below me. Possibly because the usual strategy of "set of fire and frantically lick fast attack" doesn't appear to do anything...

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    There is snow, which for many of you in Northern Countries is probably nothng of note, but in the middle of the UK is usually treated as a national cataclysm. Well, especially if it means that I don't get my second table set-up done tomorrow and/or not be able to go to Hammerhead at the weekend...
    Well, that went well, Commander. On the bright side that’s more time to spend either CADing or giving it the Benny Hill’s in Witcher for you Weather hasn’t been too bad by me, cold of course but more of a Christmas card dusting than some areas it seems - that’ll be the Pennines I suppose, even if the kids are a bit miffed by it!!

Just seen the Death Battle - not hugely impressed to be honest, seemed to be rather po-faced compared to the previous two, ironically lacking a little magic and sparkle

And it seems like some of my FimFic authors have emerged from winter quarters again. Glad for that, it’s been a bit dull lately.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So. Hammerhead is postposned until April the 28th, because the police closed the access road due to weather.

Ouch. The 28th? Wait, wasn't that...

When we just got the next day session organised for, that we now have to move.

Double ouch.

So you could say...

It's snow joke!

Don't make me hurt you.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Spamalot in the Playground

Well, Death Battle just did Twilight vs Raven...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Was it just me or did this one seem like way more of a punch fight than interactions between their unique abilities? It seemed way less varied than the other two mlp battles...
    Yeah... it was pretty meh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    15 minutes of set up for about 3 minutes of action is a bit wordy. And then the action suffers a lot of "shaky-cam" punching with spells over their usual creative uses. It makes it hard to follow what's going on. The conclusion that Raven would win seems sound and I can agree with it, but the fight itself was really underwhelming. I give it 1 out of 5 horseshoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Spoiler: Forgoffen Friendfip
    Show

The first five-ish minutes kinda made me wary of the special, but the rest of it was really pretty good. At first I was all like, "Bluh bluh beach episode" and then Sunset went to Equestria again and Celestia yaaay.

Also, I really like that after her memories of high school were stripped from her, she basically reverts to being a pony, but with a weird human shell.

I kinda like that the EQG series is actually building on what happened before, unlike about half of the main pony episodes.
    Spoiler: Unremembered Association
    Show
    Oh that poor scene where Sunset reverts to pony thinking and is on all fours really got to me. I started to get sniffle-sad.

There is snow, which for many of you in Northern Countries is probably nothng of note
    Snow? I thought that was a legend.

Edit--
    Spoiler: I did an art!
    Show
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-03-01 at 07:51 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

9. - Top - End - #219
    Colossus in the Playground

*smiling and dancing like a lunatic*

I got my diploma! I now have physical proof that I am a Bachelor of the Arts.

(History Major)

Now I just need to track down my bitch English and Science teacher from the Fifth Grade and rub it in her freakin face!
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Edit--
    Spoiler: I did an art!
    Show
    That is nice art.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Now I just need to track down my bitch English and Science teacher from the Fifth Grade and rub it in her freakin face!
    This is the best use of a Bachelor's degree.

Congrats on this milestone. What's next?

11. - Top - End - #221

Hey, nice accomplishment! *hug* When you rub that diploma, wrap it in a protective plastic sleeve first.

That is nice art.
    Thanks! I'm quite proud of this one.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

(History Major)

Same here, Rater202....only part of me wonder if I should have chosen Technical School instead if not for laziness (At Amazon actually, those experience at my family's workshop as pallet-jack pusher did help out at least).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

(History Major)

Congratulations. Hope you get more out of your degree than I did mine...

There's something to be said for being sufficiently overlevelled on the main quests that you can just burn everything with Geralt's Igni (he's Geralt today, he behaved). It's ENORMOUSLY satisfying to be able to just set all the witch-hunters on fire and just stand there, listening to them scream - and then setting them on fire again. That's almost too fun to be legal.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Don't do that! You'll crease it.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

15. - Top - End - #225
    Banned

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

For those who think the "Jump a bridge with a bus" is far-fetched...

My parents told me about it when I was a kid, and at one stage I used to have a press cutting about it (alas, lost in several moves). And that was a full-sized London Double Decker (The actual model isn't given, but that one was common at the time).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

17. - Top - End - #227

Don't do that! You'll crease it.
    It's in a case.

This bitch told me I'd never get to high school. I now have a college degree.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Banned

For this act of bravery and quick thinking, Albert was awarded a day off work and a reward of £10.
    How . . . 1950s Britain.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

How . . . 1950s Britain.
    In all fairness, £10 was worth a hell of a lot more then (for context, the weekly wage was around £8). As was a day off - I think you got something like 16 days off in the '50s. These days its 28 days legal minimum.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

So today, we bought new piece of slicing software (Simplify3D) for the Replicator 2 and in leiu of going to the convention I had intended having a holiday but, ended up doing work (technically) as I ran a varity of tests.

Old print of a 144th scale ZBD-03, 'bout 35mm ish long ) on the left, new one on the right. DRASTIC improvement in all aspects.
    Spoiler
    Show

And here we have a Derpoy for scale, plus 25/30mm scale figure (my mate found a place where you can buy .stls of figures they print at Shapways if you're feeling rich) customisable RPG figures; this one his dwarf character), a 144th scale Bleakbane and mpost thread-pertinently, a 30mm scale Rainbow Dash (taken off Thingverse and scaled to about the right size). I also tried a Jalyrkieon infantry, but that did break getting the supports off.

Spoiler
    Show

We are pretty sure that it's been worth the £110 for the software already! Not only are the supprts much easier to handle (and customisable), but the base quality is just flat-out BETTER!

21. - Top - End - #231

Well, I'm a bit jealous of what their morning commute would be like.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

There's something to be said for being sufficiently overlevelled on the main quests that you can just burn everything with Geralt's Igni (he's Geralt today, he behaved). It's ENORMOUSLY satisfying to be able to just set all the witch-hunters on fire and just stand there, listening to them scream - and then setting them on fire again. That's almost too fun to be legal.
    I know that feeling. There's nothing quite like being level 107 in Fallout 4 wandering around with a fully perked Explosive Minigun.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

In all fairness, £10 was worth a hell of a lot more then (for context, the weekly wage was around £8). As was a day off - I think you got something like 16 days off in the '50s. These days its 28 days legal minimum.
    I can see where you might have got "stingy" from my comment (if rationing had ended by then, it would have only done so recently), but I was going for "prosaic."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I can see where you might have got "stingy" from my comment (if rationing had ended by then, it would have only done so recently), but I was going for "prosaic."
    Apologies - I wasn't thinking in terms of "stingy" per se, more that the context of society was very different then. Rationing actually ended ended in 1954 (two years later), and the whole outlook of the country was very different.

Of course, these days he would have been dragged up in front of a Health and Safety panel...

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I know that feeling. There's nothing quite like being level 107 in Fallout 4 wandering around with a fully perked Explosive Minigun.
    Heh! It hasn't gotten old yet.

I'm actually really enjoying Witcher 3. Goin' around, doin' a bit of vigilanty justice (some bugger has to), burnin' all the Eternal Fire nutters and especially all the Vampires. Could fight them all day! Not like golem and elementals. I though the wraiths were bad, they are NOTHING on the earth elementals...

Witcher 3 is open-world done RIGHT. I'm 92 hours in, haveing cleared most of the Velen/Novigrad map (about to set off the Skelligar) and it has just the right amount of Stuff To Do, between the engaging story missions (just finished hunting a serial killer!) and the wandering around to clear all the question marks and the contracts. Heck, I'm even enjoying Gwent, and I usually only tolerate the minigames for the extra XP and quests...!

26. - Top - End - #236

...Marvel's kind of irritating me.

Symbiotes, like Venom, are usually depicted as taking time to evolve or absorb DNA/Powers from their hosts. This is why, for example, Venom can't fly even though the Symbiote was bonded to Carol Danvers for a little bit.

Then in X-Men: Blue the 05 X-Men all get bonded to unpowered symbiotes that not only instantly absorb their powers but rapidly evolve to make them stronger and more versitile.

(Most Notably Cyclop's, which lets him see trough every cell of it's body, can infuse tentacles with the energy of his optic blasts force, and produce crystals to fire his blasts either strongly or more precisly from any part of his body. )

The inconsistency is somewhat distressing when one is writing stories regarding the symbiotes and new Data that massively skews things like this pops up.
    Spoiler: Relevant Pony Images to Keep Things Ontopic
    Show

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Symbiotes, like Venom, are usually depicted as taking time to evolve or absorb DNA/Powers from their hosts. This is why, for example, Venom can't fly even though the Symbiote was bonded to Carol Danvers for a little bit.

Then in X-Men: Blue the 05 X-Men all get bonded to unpowered symbiotes that not only instantly absorb their powers but rapidly evolve to make them stronger and more versitile.

(Most Notably Cyclop's, which lets him see trough every cell of it's body, can infuse tentacles with the energy of his optic blasts force, and produce crystals to fire his blasts either strongly or more precisly from any part of his body. )

The inconsistency is somewhat distressing when one is writing stories regarding the symbiotes and new Data that massively skews things like this pops up.
    Spoiler: Relevant Pony Images to Keep Things Ontopic
    Show

I think they are using Bendis' interpretation, where the Symbiotes are good guys all along and only evil because of evil people ignoring what it almost do to Spidey.
    Well, at least, Deadpool's interpretation did made fun of it by explanining that it was his fault all along.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I think they are using Bendis' interpretation, where the Symbiotes are good guys all along and only evil because of evil people ignoring what it almost do to Spidey.
    Well, at least, Deadpool's interpretation did made fun of it by explaining that it was his fault all along.
    Uh... In Bendis's interpretation, Venom had an evil host before Spider-Man ever found it.

Also, Bendis' interpretation actually makes a lot of sense because Venom was initially trying to help Spider-Man, it just kind of sucked at it.

It's not a bad Retcon. It's just that it was done poorly(a three-page infodump) and for poor reasons(to appeal to fans who didn't know that Venom used to be a bad guy.)

And their history isn't really relevant to my complaint.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Ummm, I understand.
    Part of me imagines Marvel version of Emperor Text to Speech.
    Also
    Spoiler: Pony Flash reference
    Show
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

30. - Top - End - #240

Your reaction to the new Venom movie ought to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    [Pony Flash reference]
    Heh, that's a chuckle.

Spoiler: Drop your weapons. You have 15 seconds to comply.
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist