New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Exclamation Final Fantasy VIII D20 Roleplaying Game

Hello everyone, once again i am back after a very long hiatus. Below is the link to my website where i have uploaded the Final Fantasy VIII d20 Roleplaying Game i have made. Please check it out and give as much feedback as you possibly can.

FINAL FANTASY VIII D20 ROLEPLAYING GAME

As an added note, i am currently making a supplement book centred around the SeeD exam and how GMs can incorporate it in their game. It will also have new content for players as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you and please be as honest as you possibly can in your feedback (so long as its not abusive or aggressive).

I thank you all in advance.

Marc.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy VIII D20 Roleplaying Game

I can't comment on 5th edition mechanics, but I will say WOW! Your site and submissions are very professional, kudos!

3. - Top - End - #3

BlackDragon

Thank you very much, i do appreciate that :)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Will second the pdf is very good, although I do get a comment about a bad /BBox when I open it. What did you use to make it?

Scanning through it, I like there is a carousing table. The character creation system seems really nice, there seems to be some good variety in there without resorting to singular classes. Little comment about HP: there is no 0CP option for it. So you actually have to put some points in. I don't know if that was intentional, but it seems odd that there is no extra cost option. I was poking around because I find low-HP at low levels is a bit of a stumping block of most versions of D&D. Did you buff starting HP or was I cheated out of HP last time I played?

5. - Top - End - #5

BlackDragon

Thank you for your comments Cluedrew. I made it using Microsoft Word and then saving it as a PDF. I found a final fantasy font to use for chapter headers and feat names, etc, so it might be the font that's causing the message i dont know. I too get the message everytime i open the file.

On the topic of HP, i simply decided to have the players choose their Hit Die along with their other starting abilities as to keep it balanced. The player is then forced to choose from having low hp and lots of features and high ability scores, high hp and average ability scores and features, or a near perfect balance all-round.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Another point: There is a stark contrast between the character creation rules (creating a level 1 character) and character advancement (growing to 2-20th level). The first uses a point-buy system and the second uses... a single table that gives you the exact bonus or at least the type of bonus. Now both of these solutions have their place, but they are completely opposite in many places.

So which one are you aiming for: the flexibility of point-buy, the consistency & ease of use of an option table? Or of course is this contrast exist for reason?

7. - Top - End - #7

BlackDragon

Point buy is only for character creation (level 1). After that, players follow the table as they gain levels