New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is World of Warcraft worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    *EDIT* I missed everquest crafting early on. Back when you stood in the east commons tunnel auctioning your gear. You could sell even low level craftable gear for decent money. I always had a backpack full of basic jewelry and such for sale for newbie characters who didnt have the billions of platinum to buy the most powerful gear.
    There was also Greater Feymart for auctioning stuff off in Kelethin over by PoD lift. But yea, EC Tunnels was basically the bazaar prior to the bazaar being an actual zone. Of course, that was back before mudflation was a thing. And before PoP made the various marts obsolete. Oh sure, Luclin tried to kill them off with accessibility through the Spires, but you still had EC Tunnels and Greater Faymart as major auction hubs. But PoP killed them off dead with the vastly simplified ease of access through PoK.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

My acquaintance with the world MMO started with this game. The thoughtful world, the graphics still looks not bad. I recommend to all the younger generation for familiarization and general development.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Spamalot in the Playground

Oh hey it's this thread.

Looking back on my posts from earlier this year feels a bit humbling given the amount of time I've sunken into the new patch, including clearing the LFR and Normal raid difficulties, breaking into Heroic, and completing various Mythic+ keys. I stand by my original judgment that if the expansion's plot was focused around the faction war without a larger threat that I wouldn't be interested, but since that time several threats both old and new have reared their heads (with the Drust being of particular interest to me). While I'm not on board with every turn the story has taken so far, it's definitely a lot more interesting than I gave it credit for back then and I'm at least intrigued enough to see where it goes. Certainly I'm getting more than $15/mo out of entertainment out of it, which is all anyone can ask for really.

With that said, we've got a dedicated (and much fresher) WoW thread over here for those who do want to discuss the game in its current form, and we'll probably need a WoW Classic thread at some point for those folks too now that we've gotten a glimpse of how far along that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Great Modthulhu: By the will of the Lich King, let this undead thread rest in peace.