New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

tongue Weird build idea help

A dragon born that thinks their a dragon no matter what anyone tells them. Like not just a half breed their a full on dragon all day every day. They know dragon borns are dragon born but for them all dragons are dragon born. They are the only true dragon Tiamat made. Was in between Wizard (transmutation) or Draconic bloodline for the color they are. All the spells they grab are dragon like spells or what a dragon might do (so dragon breath, fear, fly). Also being able to ravage people with their massive tail and claws (so maybe fighter or monk). Draconic is the obvious choice but I was wondering if there were any other ideas. I was maybe thinking cold since fire is so common but lightning and acid are other options.

What are your guys thoughts? Also thinking for backround having haunted one since they could be cursed so they can't believe what others say about their true form.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Weird build idea help

The role play aspects on this sound fun, just make sure the GM and other players are cool with it. Playing insanity can be fun but it can also be a big distraction from the game.

I would maybe take a look at moon druid. Reskin your wild shape as taking on increasingly large and powerful draconic forms. Use the animal stat block of your choice but fluff as a lesser dragon form. By about 5th level you can be in wild shape nearly all the time, and by 8th you can get flying forms. The elemental forms in particular can make good fluff as dragons.