New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    Callos DeTerran also brings up a point a lot of people forget. Superman is Superman because he has morality AND overwhelming power. In a world where the one guy who has both isn't available you will very much need someone who has the latter to cover for him. This is a world where being a hero is a job and your pool of applicants is sharply limited. Limiting it even further isn't exactly going to help.
    The only result of such logic will be all the smart jerks will just get good at imitating heroes without any of the morality. Sure the obvious criminals will be taken care of, but that only means the invisible ones among the heroes themselves will prosper through lies and turn the heroes into a toxic place, abusing such tolerance for their behavior to figure out ways of getting out of trouble, and soon turn heroes into nobility abusing their power for themselves. with Endeavor it has arguably already happened: Todoroki's backstory reads like a nobles tale of their screwed up family set in the modern day.

the protectors will then become the very evil that society was trying to protect themselves from by putting this system into place, and all of this will be pointless. bad behavior is a weed: you rip it out before it spreads and ruins the garden. there doesn't actually seem to be any shortage of willing potential heroes, given that there was 1500 hopefuls during the provisional license exam, with last year only 50% passing and that number being cut down to the first 100 passing then cut three more for displaying bad enough behavior, not even 10% of 1500, I honestly doubt that the heroes are lacking in numbers, or the standards to cut those numbers down if they were willing to do all that. why, we've seen more heroes and fights between them than actual villains. just in the first episode, three different heroes jumped on to try to upstage each other over a single petty crook

one wonders why there are so many heroes when its not clear how many villains there actually are, or what they are actually doing that merits all this. I'll be honest, I've yet to see the Overhaul arc and beyond, but it seems most of the villainy is perpetrated by like five people focusing on Class 1A, with no clear showing of what the heroes as a society are fighting against, like supposedly there is this villain army that Shigaraki is gathering because Stain charisma, but we're barely shown them doing anything aside from attacking the class, the Nomus after the first one are pretty much all mooks, its just seems to be focused on the heroes most of the time that at times its seems there is more problems within the Hero society than from without. so its questionable whether this is truly a "we need all possible heroes ever" situation, because honestly there seems to be an abundance if not overabundance of heroes in MHA, to the point where they're constantly trying to separate the wheat from the chaff as well as determine the cream of the crop with these endless series of exams and tough training methods. to the point where they can afford to fail expected superstar geniuses with very good overwhelming power quirks like Todoroki, Wind Boy and Bakugo for arguing or yelling at civilians, there is absolutely nothing that makes Mineta special among everyone else here. certainly not the "overwhelming power" of his sticky balls.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

What separates mineta from a lot of the perv characters is how he's shown to change and mature in response to how his perviness affects others.

When someone responds negativity to what he does he generally stops doing that thing
    He gripped Tsu once and when she do
    Slapped him down for it he not only never tried it with her. He never tried groping anyone in the series.
    He tried taking my lady as his internship and after interacting with her came away with the realization that someone hot can still be horrible to be around. A realization that a lot of perv characters never have.
    Then there's the already mentioned teacher fight. In truth the only stuff he ever repeats is stuff other students encourage him to do. Such as the peeping. Both times he tried it. Other boys in the class we're encouraging him to do it. He's a character that pays attention to the tone of the room. He only does what he can get away with.
    And when he sees he's gone too far he stops. He's one of the tamest versions of the pervert teammate and one that unlike other examples of it shows that he's not just a one note joke character.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    You can't actually be serious with this. Dabi is a villain. His behavior isn't normalized or encouraged in any way by the show/manga. It's not played for laughs when he burns someone alive like the repeated sexual assaults are.

Sure, in a real world scenario someone like Dabi is way more disturbing than someone like Minetta. It's not a real world though. It's a story where the author chose to make a conscious decision to repeatedly play sexual assault for laughs. Dabi's role in the story is "evil people that hurt others need to be stopped" while Minettas is "sexual assault isn't really that bad as long as it's funny!" From a writing perspective it's incredibly more disturbing than having your villain be villainous. If Sexual-Assault Boy was on team evil and the narrative treated him like a monster no one would have a problem with his character.

This is like...super basic common sense.
    Neither is Minetta's. Him being smacked for being a perv is played for laughs, but the show/manga never once pretends that what Mineta is doing is acceptable.

And from a writing perspective you are not considering the context of the author in any way it seems. Sex, perving, and so on really is played up for a lot of jokes in Japan because its not a big deal there whereas violence? That's a lot worse. So for the writer of THIS particular story? Mineta really is just a harmless joke and Dabi is a disturbing, vile person.

Does it make Mineta any more palpable to you? Probably not, but that's why its not 'super basic common sense' that someone would find people's reactions to Mineta and Dabi, respectively, surprising and/or amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Everyone's provided the answers I would in various degrees of tones, but I'll put my two sense in.

Dabi is a bad guy, and it's important to note that it doesn't really linger on what he does. It makes it clear it's evil and malicious and vile, and we leave it at that.

Mineta's supposed to be a good guy. What he does is gross and perverted and yes, obviously not as bad as multiple homicide, but the series presents it as a cute joke that we need to tolerate. Mineta is a punchline and we're supposed to laugh at his desperate craving to touch a boob. Sexual assault is not a joke and shouldn't be presented as such. Especially when the joke is crude and unfunny like "pervert get hit."

A good example of taking something REALLY dark and making a funny joke of it, which ACTUALLY involves Dabi by the way, is when he faces Endeavor for the first time. Endeavor says "ah, the person who killed Snatch!" and Dabi clearly doesn't remember or care. But then afterwards he remembers who Snatch is, specifically that he said something involving family (thus triggering Dabi's berserk button) and Dabi laughs and goes "hah I really did go overboard huh" while he cries, making his face wounds drip goo. This is a funny, dark joke. It's making a joke that, is related to, the brutal murder of a man. But the joke is on Dabi's reaction to his horrible horrible crime and him realizing that oh, he did go a little crazy back then oops.

Meanwhile Mineta gropes Tsu and gets smacked in the face and that's the joke. So yeah, I personally find Mineta worse than Dabi for the above reasons. Dabi is still obviously a detestable person who I hate, and every time I see a gif of Gran Torino donkey kicking him in the back of the face, knocking him out immediately, I cheer in uproarious laughter because it ****ing rules. I just feel like Mineta is not fun to hate.
    That...doesn't sound very funny. I guess you gotta read it to get it.. o.o

That said, I do understand why people dislike Mineta..I just don't get the hate some people have for him or the fact he's considered so vile or reprehensible over people have committed multiple homicide.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2018-10-09 at 11:02 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #694
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Neither is Minetta's. Him being smacked for being a perv is played for laughs, but the show/manga never once pretends that what Mineta is doing is acceptable.

And from a writing perspective you are not considering the context of the author in any way it seems. Sex, perving, and so on really is played up for a lot of jokes in Japan because its not a big deal there whereas violence? That's a lot worse. So for the writer of THIS particular story? Mineta really is just a harmless joke and Dabi is a disturbing, vile person.

Does it make Mineta any more palpable to you? Probably not, but that's why its not 'super basic common sense' that someone would find people's reactions to Mineta and Dabi, respectively, surprising and/or amusing.

That...doesn't sound very funny. I guess you gotta read it to get it.. o.o
    Eeh, it's arguable if the show does or doesn't approve of Mineta's actions. Sometimes it treats it well, sometimes it doesn't. Ultimately, the problem with it is that Horikoshi has shown he's such a good writer he shouldn't HAVE to rely on tropes like this. We've seen from various other character interactions that he can do FUNNY perverted jokes, like with Toga!Cammie getting nude to distract Deku and Sero and Uraraka reacting to "SHE WAS NAKED!?!" in funny ways. That's actually funny, and makes sense in universe from multiple angles. It advances "Uraraka has a crush on Deku and doesn't know how to handle it" it gives Sero some characterization (he's pretty calm a dude and pretty anti-pervy, but is still jealous of something like that) and it makes sense from Toga's perspective that she'd do this for personal and tactical reasons.

With Mineta it's just an easy, lame joke.

I'll admit that's a bad example since mostly I find it funny. A better one would probably be Shigaraki on the top of his crime van as they follow Overhaul saying "Aaah...checkmate" and Dabi just muttering "you have no idea how chess is played do you."

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Eeh, it's arguable if the show does or doesn't approve of Mineta's actions. Sometimes it treats it well, sometimes it doesn't. Ultimately, the problem with it is that Horikoshi has shown he's such a good writer he shouldn't HAVE to rely on tropes like this. We've seen from various other character interactions that he can do FUNNY perverted jokes, like with Toga!Cammie getting nude to distract Deku and Sero and Uraraka reacting to "SHE WAS NAKED!?!" in funny ways. That's actually funny, and makes sense in universe from multiple angles. It advances "Uraraka has a crush on Deku and doesn't know how to handle it" it gives Sero some characterization (he's pretty calm a dude and pretty anti-pervy, but is still jealous of something like that) and it makes sense from Toga's perspective that she'd do this for personal and tactical reasons.

I'll admit that's a bad example since mostly I find it funny. A better one would probably be Shigaraki on the top of his crime van as they follow Overhaul saying "Aaah...checkmate" and Dabi just muttering "you have no idea how chess is played do you."
    Counter-point, Horikoshi doesn't have to rely on it but he does seem to enjoy that style of humor himself. Case and point, when they did a special of his staff's hero personas, one of them was just a lady with a massive rack. That's it. And she used them to KEIJO!!!!!!!!!!! people unconscious and/or murder them Newton Ball style. That's a thing. A hilarious thing, but still a thing.

That is also funny but has nothing on Spinner screaming GTA while doing some stunt driving. He's a massive lizard edgelord nerd and I love him.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #696
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

My post didn't consider the writer's context because that isn't what we were talking about. We were talking about people's reactions to the character and why they react the way they do. Japan's tendency to put weird **** like incest, sexual assault, and pedophilia into every single thing they produce is an entirely different conversation and something that has driven me away from most forms of anime or manga entirely.

Yes, they have a different culture, but when you consider that we're talking about western audiences then it's no surprise that people react with discomfort to this stuff.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I believe what is supposed to be funny about Mineta is that he is not threatning due to his cowardice and small stature.

Sexual Harassment between a man and a woman is threatning as a result of power discrepancy. Men grope each other in locker rooms, flirt and cat call each other fairly frequently as adolescents but the lack of power discrepancy makes it still annoying but much less threatning.

Mineta isn't a threat to his peers, without exception he is the weakest member of their class both in powers and physically.

A western example of this gag is in Archer, where a 16 year old girl whose father is a millionaire uses her power as a minor ("innocent") and a millionaires' daughter to repeatedly molest Archer. No one believes him and he can't extricate himself from the situation.

Mineta similarly reverses power dynamics and this is why he is supposed to be funny, even if none of the people reading this laugh.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2018-10-10 at 02:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

Almost every shounen I've seen and a good amount of shojo is pretty violent. The only difference with seinen is that some seinen can get pretty groteseque and graphic with the violence.

Its similar with American TV. The cartoon hour is the most violent hour on television if measured by number of violent acts. However, characters in kids cartoons turn out to be very resilient and you never see any consequences, nor is the violence graphic. The same goes for shounen except that anime tends to be a lot slower on the action scenes and so each blow is felt thanks to a lot of sound effects, clashing weapon animation and energy graphics (interesting how often weapons clash since Japanese martial arts strongly favor dodging), and so on. Occassionally there may even be some blood.

When people say "violence" is a big deal, they really mean graphic violence, blood and gore. In the American context add consequences are frowned upon. In anime: people die, get permanently injured, disfigured, and other things tend to happen without anyone seeing a problem. Its also not usually treated as a moral problem that the heroes kill villains.

I notice MHA seems more along the American lines in that we haven't seen a lot of killing. However, All Might thought he killed All-for-One
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    My post didn't consider the writer's context because that isn't what we were talking about. We were talking about people's reactions to the character and why they react the way they do. Japan's tendency to put weird **** like incest, sexual assault, and pedophilia into every single thing they produce is an entirely different conversation and something that has driven me away from most forms of anime or manga entirely.

Yes, they have a different culture, but when you consider that we're talking about western audiences then it's no surprise that people react with discomfort to this stuff.
    When you bring up from a writing perspective, you have to consider the other factors as well. Such as to the author and his cultural group, the 'incredibly basic common sense' is the serial-killer/mass murderer is a monster and the perv who's trying to peek on girls is harmless (ultimately true) and funny (subjective).

You brought up that Mineta is more disturbing than a villain being a villain because he's being played off as a joke...which again, that's the western perspective on the matter and not even universally or recently true. So saying its basic common sense is woefully incorrect let alone someone should instantly understand and accept peoples feelings on a characer.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

People keep saying Mineta is the coward character in the show. But that's not really backed up by anything. The character that fills the series coward roll is Aoyama. And as far as weak powers go. He's never been shown as that either. Every time his ability has been shown. It's been used effectively and with more consistency than many others of his class.

In terms of things actually shown. Not simply audience interpretation he's been both competent, useful, smart, and with dangerous potential.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Meh. Don't get me wrong. The show would be better if Mineta wasn't in it. But the Camie sequence wasn't particularly funny either. To me anyway.

I think we're getting into humor is subjective territory. There are people who do find Mineta getting the **** knocked out of him as funny. There are people who do find the amusing pervert funny. There are people who do find the strained sexual tension funny. I'm not any of them, but I'm not going to go complaining that the show's sense of humor doesn't match 1 to 1 with my own.

It's all just the cringe inducing fluff between the good parts.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    People keep saying Mineta is the coward character in the show. But that's not really backed up by anything. The character that fills the series coward roll is Aoyama. And as far as weak powers go. He's never been shown as that either. Every time his ability has been shown. It's been used effectively and with more consistency than many others of his class.

In terms of things actually shown. Not simply audience interpretation he's been both competent, useful, smart, and with dangerous potential.
    ...bweh?

Aoyama has been shown as scared basically once to my recollection. Mineta freaks out visibly basically every time he's in the same screen as a villain.

Mineta has been shown to be a guy who often needs other people to tell him how to get anything done with his own quirk, and who has a really strong power but is practically incapable of using it to any degree of usefulness because his reaction to stress is to freak out and start throwing balls desperately with windmill arms. If Mineta actually was capable of learning, he would have potential, because his quirk is stupid strong. But everything I've been shown leads me to think that Mineta seems incapable of actually learning things. He had an epiphany at the exam, and it was walked back. He wondered if he could become cool at festival, and boom, that reflection's gone. He is there to be a gag character, and gag characters can't actually learn without stopping being gag characters.

13. - Top - End - #703

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    ...bweh?

Aoyama has been shown as scared basically once to my recollection. Mineta freaks out visibly basically every time he's in the same screen as a villain.

Mineta has been shown to be a guy who often needs other people to tell him how to get anything done with his own quirk, and who has a really strong power but is practically incapable of using it to any degree of usefulness because his reaction to stress is to freak out and start throwing balls desperately with windmill arms. If Mineta actually was capable of learning, he would have potential, because his quirk is stupid strong. But everything I've been shown leads me to think that Mineta seems incapable of actually learning things. He had an epiphany at the exam, and it was walked back. He wondered if he could become cool at festival, and boom, that reflection's gone. He is there to be a gag character, and gag characters can't actually learn without stopping being gag characters.
    Aoyama's been shown to be scared more than once, but in a far more compelling way. The first was when he was hinting at where he was during the USJ incident, the second is when we saw him hiding in the bushes during the training camp invasion, and then when All Might is fighting All For One we get a quick snapshot of Aoyama curled up scared of that. We also saw him despondent during the licsence exam, but that's different from fear. And he's got way more nuance.

I do agree with what you said by the way just pointing it out since Aoyama is lowkey one of my favorites.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Aoyama's been shown to be scared more than once, but in a far more compelling way. The first was when he was hinting at where he was during the USJ incident, the second is when we saw him hiding in the bushes during the training camp invasion, and then when All Might is fighting All For One we get a quick snapshot of Aoyama curled up scared of that. We also saw him despondent during the licsence exam, but that's different from fear. And he's got way more nuance.

I do agree with what you said by the way just pointing it out since Aoyama is lowkey one of my favorites.
    Hey I like Aoyama, there's nothing wrong with him as a character. I'm simply stating that Mineta keeps getting called as the " Coward " character, when that roll is already filled in the story. And that roll is Aoyama's. Now part of his arc is getting over his fears, but that is the roll of the coward character in a story.

Being a coward doesn't stop Aoyama from being a compelling little twinky that I love. But that is what he is.

Mineta's been shown to be scarred one time in the series. Just once, and even in that single instance his fear didn't actually hold him back any. Mineta's many things, He's a creepy pervert. He's a conniving little bastard. But he's no coward.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2018-10-10 at 04:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

...bweh?

Yeah, pretty much.

they're pretty much handing Mineta "not as a horrible as you could've been" awards and trying to polish the turd he is until he is golden. if he was being written well, the teachers would be chewing him out for consistently losing his head and panicking when heroes are supposed to project an image of competence, power and having it handled, as well as getting called out on his cringey at best perverted behavior. he hasn't done anything of actual consequence, when other heroes do things they have an actual effect on the story and how its going to unfold, when Mineta does something, it never matters, his fight against a teacher? nothing about it actually affected the story in any way. there was no consequence from him doing that. sure he did that, but nothing came of it. it might as well have been a big-lipped alligator moment or filler for all the effect it had on anything.

because that teacher fight exam thing? the most recent anime arc shows us the people who lost the most in that getting provisional licenses anyways. people are talking up one moment of Mineta defeating someone with a specific quirk as if it proves something, when we all know how you can't judge all other match ups based on that, because many quirks are far more powerful, not all fights are in a controlled situation, he let his partner he was supposed to work with get beaten before he got going, its so clear he is not cut out for this line of work. He is just this.....loud creepy jerk who feels like he is from a different less good anime. he just doesn't fit well.

I still see absolutely no reason to sympathize with Mineta on anything. I don't want him to succeed or be happy. no matter how good people claim he is, I can think of 19 other people that are better and they're all in Class 1-A, when class 1A consists of 20 people. I can probably compile a list of characters from Class 1B that I'd rather have in Mineta's spot (not copycat boy, thats just trading one stupid wasteful obsession for another, even if copycat boy is a little better because at least his rivalry obsession with 1A isn't sexual in nature.)
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

Aoyama is also a joke character though. I don't think joke characters can't improve and still keep their comic aspect. They just can't be genuinely cool without changing or complicating their comic-role if their role is to be the butt.
    t.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Aoyama is also a joke character though. I don't think joke characters can't improve and still keep their comic aspect. They just can't be genuinely cool without changing or complicating their comic-role if their role is to be the butt.
    t.
    All of the characters have specific roles when you break them down. This is a Shonen after all.

Mineta's the perv
    Aoyama's the scaredy cat
    Kaminari's the ditz

But those are just the surface elements and each of them also have more going in in their characters.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    All of the characters have specific roles when you break them down. This is a Shonen after all.

Mineta's the perv
    Aoyama's the scaredy cat
    Kaminari's the ditz

But those are just the surface elements and each of them also have more going in in their characters.
    I'm not talking those stock characters. I'm talking classic comedy performance roles. The butt is the one who the one the jokes are aimed at. Often the butt is either the straight man (for being too easily duped) or some variant of the fool. In all the cases, the characters are some variation of the fool. When the characters are showing true growth though, they can't be the butt of the jokes (or for that matter be playing the fool at that moment).

There's plenty of room for comedy without the character continuing to be the butt of the joke whenever they show up, however. Characters also could (although I can't think of when this actually occurs) change roles entirely. The fool could become a snarky deadpan or wise guy type.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: new chapter
    Show

Not too much happening... A little flashback for hot-and-cold-bastard and some prep for the next fight. Considering he's init, I guess Class B will have a hard time. I don't think we know all the opponents but... is Real Steel's real name really Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu? What the...?

Also, more super subtly hints about Dabi totally not being a Todoroki.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I think its extremely obvious who Dabi is at this stage. He isn triggered by the word family.
    He has higher intensity fire powers. He knows Endevor. He is a discarded son.

But a lot of small nice bits. Bakugo is slowly managing to be a tiny bit less of a jerk.
    In his own way. Do love how he still shouts at All Might.

It was also a little touching that Ida does take his task as class president serious enough to read Todoriki's poker face.

And lastly, i think its quite likely team B will get crushed by some secret heat technique.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Geez, yes, I totally forgot about the scene with the three. Yes, that was nice and possibly relevant later. We'll see.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

22. - Top - End - #712
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    is Real Steel's real name really Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu?
    Joseph Heller did it.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Joseph Heller did it.
    Ha! Yeah. Major Major Major Major, (AKA Washington Irving,) right?

24. - Top - End - #714
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Ha! Yeah. Major Major Major Major, (AKA Washington Irving,) right?
    And Irving Washington, and John Milton, and Milton John. . .

25. - Top - End - #715

Tetsutetsu's parents saw the opportunity and went for it.

Anyway this chapter was real good. I hope Team Pony OC doesn't get too crushed by the overwhelming power of "Todoroki when he's emotionally disturbed" like Sero did in the sports fest.

I also enjoy how, between Manga and Juzo, team 1B is full of Jojos.

Oh, also, Kato! I read the last chapter again and can answer your question. Kuroiro is weak to light since he's pretty clearly made of the blackest of blacks, and he had just finished capturing Aoyama. He's stuttering cause he got his butt kicked.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Man I still do want class B to take this. I don't think they're going to (Deku is going to win, and I would be mighty surprised if the author was willing to have both Bakugou and Todoroki take a dive), but I wish they would.

On the other hand, the narrative probably will want the results to not be settled until the very last round, which kinda necessitates that one of them loses. So hey, that's something.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2018-10-16 at 03:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717

Man I still do want class B to take this. I don't think they're going to (Deku is going to win, and I would be mighty surprised if the author was willing to have both Bakugou and Todoroki take a dive), but I wish they would.

On the other hand, the narrative probably will want the results to not be settled until the very last round, which kinda necessitates that one of them loses. So hey, that's something.
    As long as the fights are close I don't mind who wins. Also as long as Shinso wins both fights he's in, which he probably will.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

As long as the fights are close I don't mind who wins. Also as long as Shinso wins both fights he's in, which he probably will.
    Isn't Shinso's second fight against Deku? Plus is his inexperience really being shown if he wins both fights? They have already shown off how useful his powers can be even with the limitations. I figured a 50/50 streak given what we currently know of Shinso would be fitting.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2018-10-16 at 04:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #719

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Isn't Shinso's second fight against Deku?
    It is! He's also teamed up with some people who seem pretty strong, looking at what we know about him.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

Why didn't anyone tell me I would like the characters in My Hero Academia? Sure you gals and guys told me that this anime / manga is good, but you are supposed to tell me specifically I will like / ♥ the characters in an anime / manga to grab my attention and force me to read something ASAP.

In other words I blame you LaZodiac since you started this thread and also have the most recent comment.

(I only finished Season 2 of the anime, I am trying to decide should I start season 3 of the anime or just read the manga from hear and then do a backaround and see the rest of the anime.)
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele