New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

That reminds me! New My Hero Vigilantes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Knuckleduster fights his daughter...only to reveal that while the body is her, the mind is not. Whoever the bee user is, they're body jacking her through the bees! He also shows that while yes, it is his precious daughter...wounds can be recovered. Bruises heal. So he brought an incredibly deadly weapon to the fight, to force the bee user to focus on dodging THAT, so his actual attacks can hit. She deploys some bee bombs, though it takes too much effort (and hurts too much) to make them all deadly exposive bee bombs, and Knuckleduster is able to see through that. Thus begins the chase!

Meanwhile Pop Step begins to do her job of being a pop idol!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

New regular chapter, too.

We learn more of Gentle's motivation which is a bit stupid but also fun.
    Also, Katsuki being Katsuki, which is always nice.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #33

Spoiler
    Show
    The reveal that Gentle and La Brava have been doing this for YEARS is pretty cool, since it ties in with the universe as we've seen it. The only criminals are the people with clear and true ideals that will push themselves to the limit...or idiots. And Gentle's managed to hit both on the money.

Then we get some...REALLY good motivational stuff from Bakugo about how we shouldn't try to appease jerks and should instead impress them. If he wasn't the angriest boy on Earth his speech would of been astounding. As it is, it's still really really good, but delivered in that classic Bakugo extreme way. I'm excited for this arc.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Went to mangastream to catch up on chapters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gentle seems an interesting villain. Eri's chapter was pretty great, and Mirio continues being ridiculous but cool.

On the latest chapter discussion, I am thoroughly unimpressed by Bakugou's supposed motivational and don't understand why the manga treats it as a reasonable thing to say. Yes, clearly the best thing to do when people are angry at you through no fault of your own is be confrontational at them and act like the upcoming event is a war where you need to beat their misgivings down. This will clearly work and make them more willing to consider your situation.

The most annoying thing is that the fact Bakugou suggested it means it's going to work.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Went to mangastream to catch up on chapters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gentle seems an interesting villain. Eri's chapter was pretty great, and Mirio continues being ridiculous but cool.

On the latest chapter discussion, I am thoroughly unimpressed by Bakugou's supposed motivational and don't understand why the manga treats it as a reasonable thing to say. Yes, clearly the best thing to do when people are angry at you through no fault of your own is be confrontational at them and act like the upcoming event is a war where you need to beat their misgivings down. This will clearly work and make them more willing to consider your situation.

The most annoying thing is that the fact Bakugou suggested it means it's going to work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's not exactly what he meant. That's how he PRESENTED it, but what he means is "instead of trying to appease them, let's do our best. They think we're just going to do something 'good' for their sake. Let's do something AWESOME for our sake. Let's BLOW THEM AWAY with how cool we are!" which, in Bakugo speak, is "kill them with music".

And hey, considering Gentle is getting involved it might NOT work. But yeah, Bakugo's intensity and penchant for phrasing things violently doesn't mean he's not right about stuff sometimes.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's not exactly what he meant. That's how he PRESENTED it, but what he means is "instead of trying to appease them, let's do our best. They think we're just going to do something 'good' for their sake. Let's do something AWESOME for our sake. Let's BLOW THEM AWAY with how cool we are!" which, in Bakugo speak, is "kill them with music".

And hey, considering Gentle is getting involved it might NOT work. But yeah, Bakugo's intensity and penchant for phrasing things violently doesn't mean he's not right about stuff sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not really sold. Not only that that was he meant, but also that... well, even that was what he meant, if the other groups are already complaining about the hero coursers being self-absorbed and bringing trouble on everyone, "**** you all, we are awesome and we don't give a ****, so you can shut up and deal" is not a thing that should work. It's a thing that should make everyone dislike them even more.

Which, see, if that happened that would be okay, because that's Bakugou, he has an anti-skill for people and he can never understand what other people appreciate and it bites him in the ass, making him disliked even when he helps. But the feeling I get is that we're supposed to think Bakugou has a point, when all I can see is Bakugou screwing up again due to his personal flaws.

7. - Top - End - #37

Spoiler
    Show
    Bakugo does have a point, he's just presenting it poorly. He's saying they shouldn't appease them, they should impress them. Have such a good time the can't help but join in. He's just wording it the way Bakugo does.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

But he does have a point. The others are hating 1A kids because of something that is in no way their fault. When people have that sort of attitude, accepting it or feeling guilty about it only reinforces that behavior. As Bakugo said, 1A kids didn't ask to be attacked by villains, so why the hell should they let the others make them feel guilty about it? He's right that they should use the festival as a way to do their best and enjoy themselves, rather than "apologizing" or "making up" for something that's not their fault.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Isn't Bakugo being right about something prophesised as the first sign of the End Times?
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2018-02-18 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by ErebusVonMori View Post
    Isn't Bakugo being right about something prophesised as the first sign of the End Times?
    Nah, he's been right about things before. It's not that he's usually wrong....

11. - Top - End - #41

It's just that in this particular case, his *******ry was the right counter to the others' doormatery.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Despite his general behavior Bakugo is as such surprisingly smart. He seems to have an almost instinctive grasp for tactics, and as i recall scored pretty high grades. Was it 4th or 5th best?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    But he does have a point. The others are hating 1A kids because of something that is in no way their fault. When people have that sort of attitude, accepting it or feeling guilty about it only reinforces that behavior. As Bakugo said, 1A kids didn't ask to be attacked by villains, so why the hell should they let the others make them feel guilty about it? He's right that they should use the festival as a way to do their best and enjoy themselves, rather than "apologizing" or "making up" for something that's not their fault.
    The thing is, it's healthier for you, but it will not actually make anyone stop thinking badly of you. It just won't. That is not how humans work. If you take someone who is irrationally angry at you and act confrontational at them, what you get is not someone who is impressed, what you get is someone who is even more angry at you.

And if this was presented as "Bakugou doesn't give a **** that people are angrier at him", I would be okay with it. But it's pretty clear it's going to work and make everyone realize that they are being irrational, because Bakugou said it, and Bakugou is basically made right every time that doesn't involve Deku.

14. - Top - End - #44

Bakugo is not saying "let's be rude to them". He's saying "let's just have fun, enough fun that even they'll have to have fun with it, and maybe it'll warm them up to us" he's just saying so in his classic confrontational way. He is not actually saying "be confrontational" he is saying "just ignore them and have as much fun as we can". This will force them to rethink themselves, and maybe it'll help. Ultimately, it doesn't matter because they shouldn't care if they change their mind or not. They could though, this CAN and DOES happen, it's just rare a thing. But it could.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-02-18 at 03:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Just want to say

a) new chapter! Cute one.
    b) I called it, regarding
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deku's next step being learning how to quickly switch 20% on and off

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well, it was a logical next step... but kudos anyway.

Yeah, nice chapter.
    I'm... a little worried about Aoyama lasering all night but oh well... And of course Katsuki is going to be the drummer, what else?

But... really, Deku, you didn't figure out AM didn't blast everything with every step he took? I kind of assumed him keeping his power in check was obvious.
    Though, on another note... is Deku going to learn to play an instrument or what was that finger sign supposed to suggest?
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it referenced how he used to do his smashes before to conserve his joints.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

18. - Top - End - #48

New chapter time! For me, at least.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tokoyami "has set aside the axe after being defeated by the f-sharp" is such a brilliant way of putting it. Also god damnit I love every single solitary part of this chapter. Even Mineta's actually good in it, for as much as he can be. And I can relate to tired Iida's expression, so much.

The realization with Deku and All Might is also one of those things where once you say it, it's like yeah obviously of course that's the case...but yet it never would occur to you until after it's said, huh. That's fascinating.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

So, new chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

A little bit of world building. A little bit of buildup. But otherwise not much happening.
    Kinda cold to fire Deku though, even if he likely suck as a dancer.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    So, new chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

A little bit of world building. A little bit of buildup. But otherwise not much happening.
    Kinda cold to fire Deku though, even if he likely suck as a dancer.

My guess is that is not the reason.. But yeah, fun chapter all around. Though little I feel like commenting on.. Except.. I'm not sure if class b wrote the best or worst fanfic ever...
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And now I have the wonderful image of 24-year-old Mineta flirting with 15-year-old Eri.
    Someoneplease murder the grape pervert.
    Or at least force-feed him that Respect Women Juice

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And now I have the wonderful image of 24-year-old Mineta flirting with 15-year-old Eri.
    Or at least force-feed him that Respect Women Juice
    Ah... Right.. I totally surpressed memory of that line... Thanks for reminding me.. It also reminds me of the beauty contest.. Wouldn't a quirk contest be more setting appropriate?
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

There are lots of reasons to want to murder him, but i dont think flirting with someone of legal age is one of them.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

There are lots of reasons to want to murder him, but i dont think flirting with someone of legal age is one of them.
    Just cuz it's legal doesn't mean it isn't creepy.

Also while 14 is technically Legal Age in Japan there's an additional rule that if one party is an adult the other must be at least 17.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2018-03-03 at 04:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

It's more like... it's fine if you don't like little kids but if you reduce her to her gender when she is old enough to be attractive, you're being a massive... well, you deserve a punch in the face, honestly.
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Just cuz it's legal doesn't mean it isn't creepy.

Also while 14 is technically Legal Age in Japan there's an additional rule that if one party is an adult the other must be at least 17.
    Just because something is outlawed some other crazily puretan place does not mean its only technically illegal in Japan.
    Could just as well say that its only technically illegal in for example the states.

Also, i was not aware of the addition to that rule. But while interesting it is not to relevant here.

27. - Top - End - #57

And... you know guys, it's a pretty common joke that neither the author nor the characters take seriously...?

Anyway, Deku and Mirio's interactions with Eri are still the cutest thing.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    Anyway, Deku and Mirio's interactions with Eri are still the cutest thing.
    This! This is very very cute!

Rip Deku, can't dance for ****. I love it.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Deku suffers the biggest setback a manga protagonist can, being kicked off a dance team. How can he ever recover?

The next ten chapters will be about Deku learning how to dance, certainly. He will learn to unleash the accumulated dance power that was passed on by all the users of One For All.

Jokes aside, this was a pleasantly uneventful chapter, with a chance for side character appearances. Slightly disappointed that Monoma continues to be a one-note character. And yes, this is in a manga where Mineta also is. It's also a bit weird, because I'm pretty sure that in one of the author's notes he said he didn't like how Monoma turned out. Yet he's continuing to push his characterization to absurd levels, even his face is getting warped when he rants.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Deku suffers the biggest setback a manga protagonist can, being kicked off a dance team. How can he ever recover?

The next ten chapters will be about Deku learning how to dance, certainly. He will learn to unleash the accumulated dance power that was passed on by all the users of One For All.

Jokes aside, this was a pleasantly uneventful chapter, with a chance for side character appearances. Slightly disappointed that Monoma continues to be a one-note character. And yes, this is in a manga where Mineta also is. It's also a bit weird, because I'm pretty sure that in one of the author's notes he said he didn't like how Monoma turned out. Yet he's continuing to push his characterization to absurd levels, even his face is getting warped when he rants.
    I feel like this is probably the last time they'll use Monoma in this way, probably.

Also god you laugh but like 90% of what you just said is how it would actually go if this was written by HunterxHunter's creator.