New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default 3.5e Looking for ideas for Drow made Monsters.

Hello guys :)

In my game the party is working for the Dwarfs(They are a tool for diplomacy because the only thing the Dwarfs can do is crafting and they need to prepare for war with an empire from another plain(end game war).

The Drkw in my game(the high society of the Drow, not the low life non casters) crating Monsters in order to fight the Dwarfs(This Drow city, others Drows have other plans).

Fore now I made a castome Monster in order to give the party XP, teach a new player how to use her spells and make the party almost die(they do need to have something hard sometimes).

Spoiler: My Rock and Acid Lizards
    Show
    I made a Larger Lizard(5 of them) with 36 STR, 12 DEX, 24 CON, 2 INT, 4 WIS, 10 CHA.
    Claw/Claw/Tail all 1d8
    6 HD 50 HP
    Rock range attack 1d6+6(because the state of the fight when I started to use it).
    2 Bab

The feat that let you full attack at -2 with all natural attack(if I am wrong then it is an EX ability for them).
    Paunce

There were 2 upgraded versions that had +2 to all stats and Acid spite that made a pool of acid in a 10x10 with Reflex 18 for half instead of the rock.

they use the type of vision that let you sense what is on the ground, 30 ft for the regular and 45 ft for the upgraded ones.

The party mission is to stop the supply of lizards for the Drows so they will start with fighting Drows low life fighters(not the class) and the Creations.

I am looking for Ideas about what those creations will be(I am kind of new as a GM, please don't assume I know what you are taking about).
    I think I prefer premade Monsters, but if you have some ideas I will love to hear them.

The party is at level 5(ECL 6 they have 1 free LA) and very close to 6.
    we have:
    Half-Minotaur, Human Fighter 3/ Frenzy + Trip variant Barbarian 2(A regular Charger(not UberCharger)).
    Draconic Elan Erudit 5(Blasting and little BFC).
    Draconic Tabbit Dragonfire Adept 3/ cleric 1/ Eldritch Disciple 1(BFC) (I allow some cheese so it is possible).
    Dark, Fire Elf Beguiler 5(she don't know how to play the game).

The Fighter and the Beguiler are new player with the fighter playing from the start of the game and the Beguiler fresh from the field.
    Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2018-02-05 at 12:55 AM. Reason: I feel stupid because I used Draw instead of Drow

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: 3.5e Looking for ideas for Draw made Monsters.

Do you mean Drow?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5e Looking for ideas for Draw made Monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Daefos View Post
    Do you mean Drow?
    Yes, I think I should not write stuff in the middle of the night.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: 3.5e Looking for ideas for Drow made Monsters.

The Drow are famous for their use of Spiders
    Classes
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 15
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 14

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SirNMN View Post
    The Drow are famous for their use of Spiders
    Spiders is a suggestion but how will I use them.

Those Drow re-creating animals in order to use them as fighting machines.

They use Lizards as walls of meat that will turn you to dust.

What will be the Spiders role?
    I think about BFC, but how should I do it?

I am searching for idea that will be able to answer those questions.

The Drow should be smart enough to make Monsters(Argument Animals) that will take roles is a fight.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSnake'sCha View Post
    Spiders is a suggestion but how will I use them.

Those Drow re-creating animals in order to use them as fighting machines.

They use Lizards as walls of meat that will turn you to dust.

What will be the Spiders role?
    I think about BFC, but how should I do it?

I am searching for idea that will be able to answer those questions.

The Drow should be smart enough to make Monsters(Argument Animals) that will take roles is a fight.
    Drider, giant spiders, small spiders that are super poisonous, phase spiders are a few ideas. You could have them kidnapping people and making artificial drider that are more like mindless monsters out of them. You could have them trying to use a mixture of the lycanthropic curse and giant spiders to create a new breed of lycans. Werespiders!
    GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

DEGENERATION 89: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Grab any random critter you like from anywhere, plop it into your game, describe it as a spidery monster. If it's a wyvern, pretend it's a winged giant spider. If it's a beholder, pretend it's a magic spider shooting spells from its legs. If it's a frost giant, pretend it's a spider golem made of ice. Find appropriate monsters for whatever sort of battle role you want from Monster Manual, dress them up in drow fashion.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pronounceable View Post
    Grab any random critter you like from anywhere, plop it into your game, describe it as a spidery monster. If it's a wyvern, pretend it's a winged giant spider. If it's a beholder, pretend it's a magic spider shooting spells from its legs. If it's a frost giant, pretend it's a spider golem made of ice. Find appropriate monsters for whatever sort of battle role you want from Monster Manual, dress them up in drow fashion.
    ^^This! This is good advice!
    GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

DEGENERATION 89: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Bright View Post
    Drider, giant spiders, small spiders that are super poisonous, phase spiders are a few ideas. You could have them kidnapping people and making artificial drider that are more like mindless monsters out of them. You could have them trying to use a mixture of the lycanthropic curse and giant spiders to create a new breed of lycans. Werespiders!

Thank you guys, those comments help a lot.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

This is something I wish I had heard long ago
    Classes
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 15
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 14

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This is exactly what Demonac did/does in his game. He took a Manticore and used it's stats for a goo creature. This is excellent advice you've given.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    If the plot of this game can be summed up as "Lizards **** really hard and good"...

Good game. Best game. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by martixy View Post
    Wow... that's such a telegraphed straw-man, you can see it from SPACE.

Spoiler: My Homebrew in progress
    Show

Classes:
    1) MonsterShaman: Something for DMs to use on NPCs to add a bit of flavor.

Spells:
    1) Static Fulmination
    2) Protection From Dragons

My Archive