Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Blades in the Dark: Gangs of Duskovol OOC thread

Please feel free/encouraged to do so. I'd like to keep Pepper's ability to act immediately if they don't all get knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Did I miss the link to Discord?
    Last edited by spinningdice; 2018-02-09 at 01:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

It'd seem so! Here you go!

And, Here.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hey n0ble, if the Bowmore fortune isn't from Leviathan hunting, what's it from? Just in case it becomes relevant. Also, roll 2d6 for brother count, unless you have one decided on.

5. - Top - End - #95

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Hey n0ble, if the Bowmore fortune isn't from Leviathan hunting, what's it from? Just in case it becomes relevant. Also, roll 2d6 for brother count, unless you have one decided on.
    Right hmmm. I was thinking of saying spark craft was how they made their fortune, with Willix being a bit of a black sheep because he doesn't study metal or engineering. Though I would say that maybe even if thats how they became one of the big six families, its not like its a family of spark-crafters or anything ("He'd rather play with frogs and mushrooms all day than go out hunting. Why can't he ever make something useful" or something to that effect.) As for number of siblings I actually had twelve in mind as a total number (brothers and sisters both) with Willix as 9th. Would that work?
    Last edited by n0ble; 2018-02-09 at 03:42 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

6. - Top - End - #96

Given they have a bridge, I would assume architecture and building/land ownership would be a big part of their wealth. As the later is generally a big part of how "old money" works.

I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    My overly long signature

7. - Top - End - #97

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Given they have a bridge, I would assume architecture and building/land ownership would be a big part of their wealth. As the later is generally a big part of how "old money" works.
    Architectural spark craft engineers actually sounds like a really good idea to me.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spinningdice View Post
    Did I miss the link to Discord?
    Let me know if you want to help Locke. o:

9. - Top - End - #99

WhiteWizardGirl

Sorry, I feel like I'm being a bit stupid, but I just can't get my head to gel into this game. The setting interests me and you all seem like great folks, but in the time between submitting a character and the game kicking off a lot has happened in real life and I just can't summon up the enthusiasm to give this game the attention it deserves.

Sorry all, have a good game.

10. - Top - End - #100

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by spinningdice View Post
    Sorry, I feel like I'm being a bit stupid, but I just can't get my head to gel into this game. The setting interests me and you all seem like great folks, but in the time between submitting a character and the game kicking off a lot has happened in real life and I just can't summon up the enthusiasm to give this game the attention it deserves.

Sorry all, have a good game.
    OK, no worries. Thanks for letting us know.

11. - Top - End - #101

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by n0ble View Post
    Architectural spark craft engineers actually sounds like a really good idea to me.
    So, they built the lightning rail? Or perhaps operate it on behalf of the Empire?
    Last edited by dojango; 2018-02-10 at 06:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    So, they built the lightning rail? Or perhaps operate it on behalf of the Empire?
    I like that. Lots of potential for intersecting with the Deathlands if we go that route. Which one would you prefer? I could see having originally built it and either came into it or could be trying to if you wanted to do it that way.

13. - Top - End - #103

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by n0ble View Post
    I like that. Lots of potential for intersecting with the Deathlands if we go that route. Which one would you prefer? I could see having originally built it and either came into it or could be trying to if you wanted to do it that way.
    Having come into it would make for an interesting backstory. Plenty of room for the events of the past bubbling up into the present. Could explain the Strangford-Bowmore rivalry, and of course, explains Second's frequent (and extremely secret) trips to Capital

14. - Top - End - #104

OrcBarbarianGuy

Fortune Roll: (2d6)[5][5](10)

15. - Top - End - #105

OrcBarbarianGuy

What's in the box? (1d6)[5]

16. - Top - End - #106

OrcBarbarianGuy

(12d6)[5][5][4][6][3][3][6][1][6][4][3][6](52)
    (2d6)[2][6](8)

So, as I said, 1 heat from that job, three rep. 6 coin, it's up to you to split up as you choose. Pepper gets 1 coin from selling Sharp's pistol. Tell me what your downtime activities are gonna be and do any rolling in this thread, and we'll get some back and forth IC posts about them. The haul from this score is also 12 crates of assorted contraband.

17. - Top - End - #107

OrcBarbarianGuy

When you guys go through the boxes, you find that you have: 2 sacks of assorted jewelry, 3 crates of books, 2 boxes filled with straw that have some statues and vases carefully packed in them, 4 crates of various objects and knickknacks. Locke can tell there is something unusual about those crates, but she's not quite sure what is there, without closer study. I'm sure someone might be willing to take them off your hands as well. Unfortunately, either due to carelessness by the gangers, or by the jostling of transport, one crate's contents are broken, and whatever value to them is gone.

18. - Top - End - #108

DruidGuy

I was thinking of doing a long term project to reduce the load coast of armor by -1. The idea would be to research armor properties, spiders and weaving then alchemically treat the spider web/silk (a formula that'd need to be researched) to be on par with standard armor
    Last edited by n0ble; 2018-02-13 at 11:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109

1) Would it be a feasible Long Term Project to make a satchel that holds things in the ghost field? (Basically extra Load & concealed.)
    2) Would it be a feasible Long Term Project to Hunt for a teacher that would give one/all of us the benefits of Resolve Training?
    3) Is it possible to use Long Term Projects to get Claims?
    4) Would it be a feasible Long Term Project to make Rigging? (1 free load of any item type.)
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-02-13 at 01:46 PM.

My overly long signature

20. - Top - End - #110

OrcBarbarianGuy

1) Would it be a feasible Long Term Project to make a satchel that holds things in the ghost field? (Basically extra Load & concealed.)
    2) Would it be a feasible Long Term Project to Hunt for a teacher that would give one/all of us the benefits of Resolve Training?
    3) Is it possible to use Long Term Projects to get Claims?
    4) Would it be a feasible Long Term Project to make Rigging? (1 free load of any item type.)
    We can do the call & response for inventions when I get home. As far as a project is concerned to get claims, come up with a proposal and we can take a look. For "turf", I'd say you you're basically getting a little space where you're not bothered and other minor gangs won't operate openly. Setting up a neighborhood watch or going batman on street crime might be feasible projects.

Getting a teacher is covered by taking the crew advance.

21. - Top - End - #111

OrcBarbarianGuy

1. What type of creation is it and what does it do? Lightweight armor made of spider's silk (alchemy)
    2. Player asks: “What’s the minimum quality level of this item?” Let's say 4
    3. GM asks: “What rare, strange, or adverse aspect of this formula or design has kept it in obscurity, out of common usage?” Needs magic spiders
    4. Player asks: “What drawbacks does this item have, if any?” Conspicious. The spider-silk is lightweight, absorbent and looks fabulous. Very few other gangs are sporting iridescent silk body armor.

As far as rigging is concerned, I think a practical limit is one rigging per score. So if you have smugglers rigging, great! If you want to invent ghost rigging, you can use that instead.

1. What type of creation is it and what does it do? Ghost rigging (arcane) What do you want it to do?
    2. Player asks: “What’s the minimum quality level of this item?” Let's say 4
    3. GM asks: “What rare, strange, or adverse aspect of this formula or design has kept it in obscurity, out of common usage?” ???
    4. Player asks: “What drawbacks does this item have, if any?” Spiritual

Hunting for a resolve teacher: This is covered by the crew upgrade; if you want that, just get the crew upgrade for it. If you want a custom playbook ability, we can design one and you can "hunt" for a teacher for that if you like.

Claims: Long term project or score. You had asked about claiming turf as an LTP. If you want to use hunt for that, you can use hunt for troublemakers & scare them off with guns & salt. First piece of turf, let's say 4 ticks. If you want to do it as a score instead, let me know.

Rigging: See above. If you want to craft custom rigging, we can do the question and answer bit to see what kind you want to design

22. - Top - End - #112

OrcBarbarianGuy

roll for entanglement: (3d6)[6][1][6](13)

23. - Top - End - #113

-Prospective Downtime Activities-
    Pepper1: Prowess Training
    Pepper2: Hunt Long Term Project for Turf
    Locke1: Prowess Training
    Locke2: Vice
    Wick1: Long Term Project? (Armor)
    Wick2: Vice
    Coil1: Vice
    Coil2: Vice
    Coin1: Locke Store Ritual
    Coin2: Wick Long Term Project? (Rigging)
    Coin3: Locke inefficient ? Training?/Pepper Project/One of Wick's Projects/Heat Reduction?

My overly long signature

24. - Top - End - #114

Alright then, let’s make some Vice rolls! I will be using Insight for this, indulging Pleasure. The first dice is my first attempt, and the second will be the following one. If the first dice is a 5+, then ignore the second.

Indulge Vice: (2d6)[5][5](10)

Edit: yeah, that was a good roll! Ignore that second roll, with 2 Stress I’m going to use Jack’s second Downtime for something else.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-02-13 at 11:03 PM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Rise of the Runelords (Cade Rhineheart)
    - Dragonmarks Elite (Blue)
    - Ruins of Azlant (Kaylah Pistra)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

25. - Top - End - #115

Ok Prowess Training which just works. So +2 xp there.

Long Term Project to gain Resolve Training with help from Pepper's friend Garry's Famous Meat Pies: (2d6)[6][6](12)
    Edit: Consort was the skill used.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-02-14 at 12:04 AM.

My overly long signature

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Can I spend 1 stress to Assist with a downtime Project? Instead of a friend or contact helping?
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-02-14 at 05:58 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117

DruidGuy

Long term project for studying fkr spidersilk armor, will be pushing for 2 stress for +1 dice (don't need +effect b/c of Alchemist):

Study roll: (3d6)[4][4][6](14)
    Last edited by n0ble; 2018-02-14 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Spirdersilk spelled incorrectly

28. - Top - End - #118

DruidGuy

Oh and I guess vice roll for when it happens, Willix is at 6/9 stress for having pushed on the roll.

Vice Indulgence: (1d6)[5]

Edit post: I'll take it! Will have a post detailing the studying downtime action and the beginnings of a conversation with one of Willix's family.
    Last edited by n0ble; 2018-02-14 at 08:17 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

GM, will Garry be helping for the second part of my LTP to get Resolve Training?

My overly long signature

30. - Top - End - #120

OrcBarbarianGuy

GM, will Garry be helping for the second part of my LTP to get Resolve Training?
    Garry's got other stuff to do. Besides, he's not really a hunter. When you get to the tenement, his master is gone. You guys are consorting with the locals to get a lead or two, then it's time for the hunt. We can gloss over the details if you want to move to the next phase.