Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Blades in the Dark: Gangs of Duskovol OOC thread

Rolling for Cricket: (2d6)[4][5](9)

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rolling my Push and taking two stress for my finesse roll: (1d6)[4]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Arden Winthrope Reposted as requested!

Spoiler: Arden Winthrope
    Show
    Name: Arden Winthrope
    Alias: Windtalker
    Look: Foppish, almost like a dandy
    Heritage: Akoros
    Background: Academic, a Student at the Academy.
    Vice/Purveyor: Pleasure, alcohol and women, to "ground" him back out of the spirit world. (Volette Kincaid)
    Playbook: Whisper
    Special Abilities: Warded, Iron Will

Playbook:[][][][][][][][]
    Insight:[][][][][][]
    Hunt:0/4
    Study:2/4
    Survey:0/4
    Tinker:0/4

Prowess:[][][][][][]
    Finesse:1/4
    Prowl:1/4
    Skirmish:1/4
    Wreck:0/4

Resolve:[][][][][][]
    Attune:2/4
    Command:0/4
    Consort:1/4
    Sway:0/4

Coin: 0/4
    Lifestyle: 0/4
    Stash:0/10

Stress:[][][][][][][][][]
    Trauma:[][][][]
    Harm:
    [Level 3]
    [lvl2][lvl2]
    [lvl1][lvl1]
    Healing: 0/4
    Armor:[Armor][Heavy][Special]

Arden was born and raised in Doskvol, and spent his early years in Six Towers, where his family was from. From a young age he showed an interest and aptitude for the Arcane. Eventually he was sent to the Academy, where he was a bright student, learning all that he needed to, and indeed all that he could from as many professors as he could about as many subjects linked to the arcane as they would willingly teach him, and even some they regret. He often feigns ignorance in things he should know, as it makes people underestimate him, and worked on several of his teachers and colleagues. It was during his delving into the arcane that he discovered his love of fine wine and women. It became a bit of a problem, though he would insist he had it under control. He quickly came to realise that with all his poking around and learning, he didn't feel quite as grounded as he used, and the women and the drinking helped him feel connected to himself again.

Then his family lost it all in a bad accident outside the Ghost Field. The ship they, owned and manned, that went out there to collect supplies and trade was destroyed, and never returned, leaving his family destitute. He muddled through a bit more education at the academy before his distracted self and lack of money caused him to be thrown out, with nothing but the items in his pockets, (including a few items he swiped to help with his studies) he went out into Doskvol to search for his own fortune, and to earn his way back into the nicer parts of town he has since been barred from.

Rival: James Declan - A fellow student at the Academy, who managed to get by on just buying is way through, very little Arcane Skills, but because of his rich family and connections, still managed to continue. Arden and James where originally friends, but when Arden ran into money troubles, James became more and more distant, and even though he could have helped, he never offered to, so Arden became bitter about the friendship. Eventually, when Arden was being forced to leave, James led the charge to get him thrown out. While it could all have been a misunderstanding, Arden left feeling betrayed by his oldest friend, and now wishes to get his own back, while James has a well paying and cushy job. When Arden went to him some time later looking for work, James laughed him out the office and threw him out, making it clear they were no longer friends as Arden can't afford it.

Ally: Ida Bishop - Another fellow student at the Academy, and one of Arden's study buddys. They learned much about the Arcane together, and spent a lot of time together with James. Ida was only just able to afford to go to the Academy, but was skilled enough that she could just scrape by (not dissimilar from Arden himself) however she had a bit more money behind her. Ida, Arden and James were very close, and while Arden was incredibly focussed on his studies, James wanted to court Ida, who in turn wanted to court Arden. After their first year (just as Arden began running into his money troubles), Ida made her move on Arden, and they became lovers, while Arden was not initially emotionally involved, he quickly became so. When Arden had to leave the Academy, he and Ida stopped dating one another, but they both are still very close, and would like to start things up again, should the opportunity arise.
    Last edited by ShadowImmor; 2018-06-01 at 03:15 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Looks good, although you should pick a rival/ally either from your playbook or make one up.

5. - Top - End - #155

Proposed Crew XP
    1 Xp for Smugglers for sure. Maybe 2 since we technically acquired the Red Sashes as a client, not super sure on that one.
    2 for Contending with challenges above our station since if it was possible to get more than 2 here, we would have earned that too.
    2 for reputation. We bolstered Strange with the Tempest and the crocodile AND we were certainly Professional and perhaps also Daring I'd say.
    1 for drives/nature because we didn't at any point consider quitting or trying to do a half-done job despite ever increasing trouble. 1 more for goals in that we achieved a goal of doing a real smuggling job for the first time and without anyone dying, like real professional smugglers might do. If that doesn't count there's also a possible 1 for the crew being in conflict a bit about whether or not to go mess around with a ghost.

Pepper XP
    2 for Violence/Tracking. Certainly plenty of violence was done, entirely to objects rather than people but still violence. And there was the part about tracking boats.
    2 for beliefs/drives/background. We were doing a lot of ship stuff and Pepper went out of her way to spend time and help out young Ms Plum. And lots of cursing and such. Wanting to go mess with a ghost for no good reason.
    0 for Vice/Traumas.

Ifriti XP
    2 for Knowledge/Arcane Power. Immediately saving us from being run over by the Fog Hound. Discovering the ghost (it was still a potential challenge that was addressed, even if we then just avoided it).
    2 for beliefs/drives/heritage. Lots of "all this water stuff is new to me" stuff and not wanting to go mess with a ghost for no good reason. She also took on a lot of the speaking to others stuff as she views that as par of her role in the crew.
    0 for Vice/Traumas.

I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    My overly long signature

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Looks good, although you should pick a rival/ally either from your playbook or make one up.
    Added both an Ally and a Rival (both made up, I prefer made up stuff to book based for this sort of thing).

Looking forward to joining you guys on your next score!

7. - Top - End - #157

OrcBarbarianGuy

OK, so that's 4 XP & 6 crew XP, plus 4 rep and the 6 coin. So you're spending the 6 coin + 2 extra to go up in tier, what are you going to do for downtime actions?

Also, only one heat. While there was a fair amount of shooting and public humiliation of powerful city officials, you guys also had disguises, and there's bigger, louder stuff going on.
    Last edited by dojango; 2018-06-02 at 10:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158

I spent Ifriti's 4 xp on Playbook, getting her a new Special Ability, Ritual. Here is the proposed ritual idea.

Magic Weapon
    What does the ritual do?: It transforms a weapon or tool that could be reasonably used as a weapon into a magical weapon with the following properties: Is a Fine Weapon in addition to whatever it was before. Has a special property fitting the person who it was created for. If it breaks or is destroyed, it repairs itself over the next few days. If it is lost or stolen, will soon find its way back into the hands of the person it was created for. If someone other than the person who it was made for attempts to use the magic weapon, it becomes increasingly hot until dropped and several feet away. If the person it was made for dies and their spirit is destroyed, the previous two properties no longer apply.
    How is it weird?: In order to perform the ritual, the assistance of a non-human entity must assist. It may be possible to devise a means to use the essence of a non-human entity rather than require participation. (So it needs something other than a human, ghost, vampire, or hull.)
    What must I do to perform the ritual, and what is its price?: The caster of the ritual and whoever the magic weapon is being made for must spend a downtime action performing the ritual by making a ritual circle out of gold dust and crushed gemstones worth a total of 1 Coin then chant in a candle-lit room with a bowl full of an alcoholic liquid in the center of the ritual circle for five hours, with only brief pauses to parch their throats with the liquid in the bowl. The ritual caster takes 2 Stress and the person the magic item is being made for takes 1 Stress.
    An additional price is that any person can only have one magic weapon made for them by this or a similar ritual.
    What new belief or fear does knowledge of this ritual and its attendant occult forces instill in you?: Ifirit, being able to cast the ritual without assistance from a non-human entity believes/fears that she is no longer entirely human.

Example Magic Weapon: Turn Fine lightning hook into Staff of Elemental Power. It becomes a Fine weapon, remains being a Fine lightning hook. Gains the other listed properties given by the magic weapon ritual. Gains the unique property that the wielder can Push for Tempest for only 1 Stress, rather than 2.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-06-02 at 05:50 PM.

My overly long signature

9. - Top - End - #159

Ifriti Vice roll, I'll do IC stuff for this later.
    With Smoke and his friend or something like that.
    (2d6)[6][3](9)
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-06-04 at 11:45 PM.

My overly long signature

10. - Top - End - #160

OrcBarbarianGuy

Entanglements (1d6)[1]