New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance: Dungeons and... Well, just Dungeons actually

In that case, my best advice is to try and keep your locked target between yourself and your other opponent whenever possible. As it turns out, they don't cut you so well through their buddy. Keep moving, don't give them a chance to both attack you. Ultimately, fights are a game of wearing down the opponent, so I wouldn't expect to ever finish a fight quick and easy, let alone an unfair one.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance: Dungeons and... Well, just Dungeons actually

Silly bugs aside (please patch soon!) and complex learning curve, I have had a ball playing this game. Yeah, it's got some faults (not the ones mentioned earlier, but best leave that out of it, they will believe what they want to believe) but it manages to be a sort of interactive history lesson while being engaging and well, a bit addictive. Look forward to some mods and a replay using different skills/approaches!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Much like the above The bugs are somewhat annoying but other than forcing the odd reload on a quest i'm have a ball with the game.

The swordplay was aweful when i first started but i stuck with it learned to read people and movements and now with practice i come out of most battles with only scratches. You can really tell the difference once as well bouncing blows left and right i've not even bothered with a shield as its so satifying dueling without.

I've also finally managed to afford a Breastplate (I dont know the word to hand) but its nice to hear the ting as things bounce off and very few people i have actually faced seem to have maces or know how to block with them.

I love the archery the inaccuracy of the shots really works in my opinion, these are not modern day pricision tools of death I have a villager bow and only 6 in archery its hard but so satisfying when you actually make a decent impact.

Other than a few plot holes in the story tho its enjoyable and i've logged 100+ hours so far so its going well.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So I just lost this morning's playthrough because the quest Robber Baron (received from Hans Capon after you go to the baths with him) corrupts every save done after the quest is completed.

So uh, that's a pretty big bug, and I'm surprised they haven't disabled the quest or something, at least. Regardless, it appears that handing in the quest is what triggers the corruption, so if you haven't yet done it, don't!
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sounds like patch 1.3 should fix many of the issues that I had with this so far. Allowing a save on exit, since I can only play for brief periods of time, and often have to quit unexpectedly, will be a key change. Also since I play on console, a fix to the lockpick minigame will be very welcome.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MacGiolla View Post
    Sounds like patch 1.3 should fix many of the issues that I had with this so far. Allowing a save on exit, since I can only play for brief periods of time, and often have to quit unexpectedly, will be a key change. Also since I play on console, a fix to the lockpick minigame will be very welcome.
    Lockpicking is actually pretty easy once you figure out a method. It's pretty much essential that you do some lockpicking option in Skalitz though so you can gain some experience and actually be able to lockpick the "easy" chest at Rattay mill.
    My trick for lockpicking was to check if the sweet spot was in the angle of the tumbler, since having a very overt visible clue as to where to keep my stick made it infinitely more easy. Others have recommended using sweet spots only on the other 'ring' of the lock, which also works. Once you've gained a level or two in lockpicking, very easy and easy is actually apt difficult names!