New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell - Spell Suggestions

Hello!

I'm looking for some spell suggestions that I could Divine Metamagic Persist. It is an evil campaign, and the rules for class leveling are very loosey-goosey and there's a bunch of homebrew rules. Basically, just about all books are open.

Anyway, I'm currently a 5th level Ur-Priest and have access to one 5th level spell per day, but that should change very quickly as we've been rapidly leveling so don't worry about the level of the spells suggested (though I would prefer something that I could apply for the next session). Right now, I'm persisting Divine Agility and have enough turn attempts to persist another spell.

I've never played a cleric/divine spellcaster in 3.5 before, so I'm not super familiar with the spells. However, I know there are a LOT of great ones to cast based off my husband's obsession with playing clerics (in all editions).

My character is NOT a melee-based character - purely spellcasting (Ur-Priest is not my only spellcasting class). So spells other than AC increasing spells that increase my melee-prowess probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell - Spell Suggestions

You'd want to Persist something like owl's insight, which provides a massive bonus to Wisdom (and yes, that lets you prepare additional spells). Sadly, it's a druid-exclusive spell.

You can find a detailed list of useful buff spells here, and that one's based off of this one.
    Spoiler: Collectible nice things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Faily View Post
    Read ExLibrisMortis' post...

WHY IS THERE NO LIKE BUTTON?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Libris: look at your allowed sources. I don't think any of your options were from those.
    My incarnate/crusader. A self-healing crowd-control melee build (ECL 8).
    My Ruby Knight Vindicator barsader. A party-buffing melee build (ECL 14).
    Doctor Despair's and my all-natural approach to necromancy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Looking here:

Level 8: Necrotic Empowerment
    Level 7: Greater Consumptive Field
    Level 6: Eyes of the Oracle
    Level 5: True Seeing
    Level 4: Delay Death, Lesser Holy/Infernal Transformation, Recitation, Mark of the Enlightened/Blackened Soul, Consumptive Field
    Level 3: Darkfire, Mass Lesser Vigor, Vision of the Omniscient Eye, Shield of Warding
    Level 2: Find Traps, Cloud of Knives

Some of those require Ocular/Reach to work.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Anthrowhale (Sorry, it's not letting me quote yet - post count is still too small)

Some of these spells are not eligible to be effected by Persistent spell (example: Recitation), as the spell has to have a target of fixed or personal range (recitation = a burst). But thank you!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FelineArchmage View Post
    @Anthrowhale (Sorry, it's not letting me quote yet - post count is still too small)

Some of these spells are not eligible to be effected by Persistent spell (example: Recitation), as the spell has to have a target of fixed or personal range (recitation = a burst). But thank you!
    Recitation has a fixed range of 60'. Burst is not mentioned in Persistent Spell so it's not relevant.

Another thing: you should consider a metamagic rod of Extend Spell to double your number of active persistent spells.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrowhale View Post
    Recitation has a fixed range of 60'. Burst is not mentioned in Persistent Spell so it's not relevant.

Another thing: you should consider a metamagic rod of Extend Spell to double your number of active persistent spells.
    Ah, I see. I was reading Recitation as "60-ft.-radius burst centered on you" with the burst meaning instantaneous - I see now that duration is in rounds/level, making it eligible for persistent spell.