New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Perhaps there is a better way to sort the Recruitment Thread posts? Maybe?

It would be really nice if the recruitment posts were sorted into sub-folders. It doesn't have to be too specific, but maybe D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, and Call of Cthulhu should get their own sub-folders, plus another subfolder for Other TTRPGs, or crossover TTRPGs which may take from multiple d20 systems.

I'm ok with all versions of one type of game system in the same folder... In fact I like it like that. But I think it would cut down on the confusion for players wanting to join a PbP game, but have specific system preferences.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

2. - Top - End - #2
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Perhaps there is a better way to sort the Recruitment Thread posts? Maybe?

Sorting into genres and systems is a never-ending job. It seems simple until you try to do and you find out that every human being on the planet has very strong, entirely contradictory opinions about how things should be categorized.

I'm also not convinced it would make anything any easier. Not easier than scrolling down the page and looking to see what the threads say, anyway.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Perhaps there is a better way to sort the Recruitment Thread posts? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
    Sorting into genres and systems is a never-ending job. It seems simple until you try to do and you find out that every human being on the planet has very strong, entirely contradictory opinions about how things should be categorized.

I'm also not convinced it would make anything any easier. Not easier than scrolling down the page and looking to see what the threads say, anyway.
    Sheriff: Such divisions also, well, divide. Many people may be interested in a variety of games and systems and tucking them each into separate folders means that person has to open and scan each.

But aside from the inherent (and eternal) line drawing problem noted ^, it's also a technical resource issue. Additional subforums increase the burden on the system
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex