ClericGirl

Default Re: Total War: Shadow City

Tindalos
    The Wolf Unsealed

Security 10
    12 without Telepathy
    Spoiler: Baker Investigations
    Show
    The hound scoffs--a cough? coking? Laughing?
    • Human Phrase--Trust things as far as you can throw them?
    • The Wolf could throw you far--Foolish phrase.
    • We trust those that hold onto secrets shared--You have a good reputation.

It lays down as the Detective lays its cards on the table... Its shadowy form seeming to pool out at the edges and spread across and into the floor.
    • Innocent civilians will not be hurt--at least not by The Pack.
    • It would be better for the Shadow Community--to Police itself.

It pauses a moment--listening to the Howl.
    • The Wolf wishes to Hire you--You will be paid in Honest Answers to Any Questions.
    • In return we will ask for Client Confidentiality--another human phrase. Less Foolish.
    • When the lines between our cities are crossed--Report them to The Pack and we shall deal with them.
    • Provided you can show, discretion, we rescind our requests for you to... Keep your nose out.
    • A killing spree would attract attention--we have no intention to attract attention to our city.
    • However--and we would appreciate it if you can remain vague.
    • There is something within this city that must cease to be--The Pack share this in Good Will.
    • We would appreciate it if you did not intervene--a consensus has been reached within our City.

Spoiler: The Restless Garden
    Show
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sorry I replied to things in a slightly different order--it seemed really awkward to add the bit about Protection at the end.
    The ticks--laughter? It admired the Green Ladies ability to speak so loud yet with such subtle words. Replying once again in the silent telepathic barking.
    • Fear no--but there must be rules--we agree they are of low priority.
    • Be sure the Howl will be improved--access to it however will require Tribute.
    • Protection is not just a wolf at the door--The Pack will protect our Ideals.

The hound pauses with concern--The Howl is deafening and rage filled. The telepathic messages echo with terrible baying and yowling--as-though the hound within the Garden was struggling to contain the Howl being channeled through it.
    • The Phoenix shared The Wolf's name with them--They have broadcast it.
    • Yet in the same breath speak of Courtesy--[Barking, Yowling and Growling]

Shaking itself and baying it howls a long, yet silent, breath. Continuing again without the excess flooding through.
    • Their Tribute better be impressive--there is much damage to repair.
    • Perhaps they could assist The Candle in its task--Recompense by cleansing.
    • Can the Phoenix be trusted?--Naive, Foolish or Treasonous?

Spoiler: The Phoenix
    Show
    A hound claws violently into reality at the closest angle to the Phoenix--perhaps inadvertently arriving at a dinner party it was not invited to--two more follow it through with each baring a gaping maw of row upon row of razor teeth, breathing a thick gout of smoking saliva and panting violently. These were not pathfinders: they were The Pack's security. The lead dog, dwarfed by its tailed guards, speaks to only the Phoenix in clipped short telepathic barks.
    • As a courtesy you told The Wolf's name to Mortals?
    • And allowed them to give it to this Library and half the organizations of both cities?
    • Your Tribute had best be very Impressive.

It sits--attempting to appear non-threatening yet somehow appearing more so--its form pooling out at the edges like spilled water into the ground. The Security do not sit.
    • There has been a consensus--The Library is a Threat.
    • There is not yet consensus--If you too are damned.
    • What is your plea.

Spoiler: The Agency
    Show
    The hound rubs up against the a refugee: they bend down smiling and pat him on the head.
    "Good doggie, what lovely blonde fur, who do you belong to? Have you lost your mommy or daddy?"

The hound bears several rows of razor sharp teeth and a reptilian forked tongue of wispy shadow licks the woman's hand.
    "Good doggie, what a lovely slobbery tongue, yes I do have a chew toy I can go get for you. Good boy, I will be right back!"

The hound then turns back to the agents: all the refugees withing earshot have found other tasks that require their attention.
    • We have Security Clearance--I believe it is in both our best interests if you do.
    • The Wolf is aware of Future Paranormal Activity--I believe we would both prefer they were reported as Gas Leaks.

It emphatically angles its head.
    • Should we speak somewhere more Private?
    Last edited by Jyssika; 2018-02-12 at 10:15 AM.
    Don't mind me; I am just a child that urinates petrol having a wee on this [Insert Country] Flag.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gentlemen's Hunting Society

To Hellios Robotics (security 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

That's acceptable this season. I wouldn't wait too long before telling us what is causing the problem. If we have a big hunt planned our men will be needed elsewhere.

Shipboard meeting (Security 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Why I'd love some. I do say, how long did it take to train the things? Are they trustworthy? Trained ones could be invaluable in hunting expiditions."

"Do you know your next destination?"

To Radiant Network (Security 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

We plan on hunting the creature. We are agreed.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

Tindalos
    The Wolf Unsealed

Security 10
    12 without Telepathy
    Spoiler: Legion
    Show
    Show
    Realized I literally used info from a post below the previous post in this reply so editing in above kind screws with continuity.

The hound exhales--perhaps a sigh?

• Tribute shall be expected--The Revellers claim to have a Patron.
    • Perhaps they are not the unorganized rabble we see--but worshippers of one such as The Wolf or Candle.
    • There is a meeting held within the Orchid Gardens--The Treasonous Phoenix holds it with a number of guests.
    • Confirmed: Green Lady, The Candle--Invited: Coven, Goddess, Twinmind.
    • The Big Game Hunters have agreed to Hunt for a organization known as the Radiant Network--We do not know what but will find out.

Spoiler: Lucero
    Show
    The hound approaches The Candle.

• The Big Game Hunters have agreed to Hunt for a organization known as the Radiant Network--We cannot see the Target.
    • If you could enlighten us--The Wolf would be grateful. They must be offered Protection.
    • Does The Candle wish to bring The Phoenix in on The Burning--We do not know if they can be fully trusted.
    • Between The Candle and Phoenix--All would be consumed by fire. But I fear betrayal.
    • Feel free to ask any further questions--within reason.
    Don't mind me; I am just a child that urinates petrol having a wee on this [Insert Country] Flag.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Legion security 0

Tindalos
    Spoiler
    Show

Bad at secrets so speaking in speaking order.

Alphabetical

Importance

Random with no context.

We know.

Clouds are pretty.

Sort of.

Private audience, interesting. What makes it traitorous?

List is good.

Also good to know. What is tribute cost?

Goat.
    Two creature cards.
    Soul?

The writhing mass of creatures responds.

Last edited by Hamste; 2018-02-12 at 10:46 AM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Radiant Network

Photo by Jason Teale. Source: https://500px.com/photo/13415909/lin...by-jason-teale

The Grid expands!

Radiant Network is happy to announce that the Grid will continue to be developed throughout Port Lawrence. In the initial phase the main routes through the city have been modernised, setting up a solid fundament from which to extend. With new investors, Radiant Network is capable of expanding the Grid, providing its benefits to many people.

Amongst the investors we owe special thanks to is the Port Authority as they give Radiant Network a vote of confidence to bring the infrastructure of Port Lawrence to the next level.

In the upcoming weeks, our workers will move to new construction sites in the city. The work may temporarily block off roads and routes. Radiant Network will provide markers to alternative routes and in advance we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Spoiler: Hellias Robotics (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Dr. Hellias,

Unfortunately I cannot currently offer a reduction in the price for connecting to the Grid, not even in exchange for security drones. Radiant Network is, for this month only, offering a connection to the Grid at the price of [3 Cash], which is at cost, thus without any profit whatsoever. Next month, this offer will expire and the price will be higher. I do believe Radiant Network has a security an organisation such as Hellias Robotics can rely on, so I do hope that we will come to an agreement to connect your organisation to the Grid.

As for the mentioned threat, I agree with you that the Gentlemen's Hunting Society would be an ideal candidate to deal with the situation. Since we both have our concerns, perhaps our three organisations can negotiate a cooperation to reduce the threat? We could both offer our guard personnel, or drones, should the Society not be adverse to having assistance on a hunt. Radiant Network's guard personnel of [1 Military] strong would be up for negotiation. This is but a suggestion, so I look forward to your opinion on it.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber
    Chief Engineer of Radiant Network

Spoiler: The Library (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Kerry O'Byrne,

Unfortunately I cannot currently offer alternative payment options to Radiant Network to connect to the Grid. The offer to connect to the Grid of [3 Cash] is for this month only and is an at-cost offer where no profit is made.

However, there may be alternatives available to the Library. From my understanding, the Library is well versed in magic and should you be willing to offer such services to another interested party, the monetary gains thereof may be used to pay for the connection to the Grid. If so desired, I can offer a recommendation to a select number of parties in Port Lawrence should you offer magical services.

Beyond this subject, you are correct that I am not as aware about specific individuals, and that I am interested in the offered insight. I still have the information with regards to the shadow beast to offer, but we can come to an understanding with regards to the connection to the Grid first, as desired.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

Spoiler: Stewart Polytechnical University (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Mr. Nguyen,

Thank you for considering the offering and explaining why you are this time not able to take up the offer. Should you find yourself with more financial means available in the future and continued interest, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

Spoiler: Stewart R&D (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Mr. Howard,

Thank you for accepting Radiant Network’s offer to connect to the Grid, we are honoured to provide a connection to the Grid to Stewart R&D. It is my hope that the University and the Library will in the future manage to find the financial means to connect to the Grid, in the mean time we will focus on your connection.

Following this mail, you will be contacted by one of our employees to work out the details to start construction. Should you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact me. It’s a pleasure doing business with you.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

HASTE / The Phoenix - Security 3

The Phoenix

To the Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Phoenix is in the Form of The Firebird when the Legionnaires arrive, coasting on the brutal winds of the North. When it spots the grey figures, it descends to the ground and returns to its humanoid form, the great fiery wings turning into a cloak of shimmering feathers.

“Greetings Legion. I am glad you came to meet me. Yours is a mind and form which I have not seen the like of in my long watch over the Shadow city.” The Phoenix tilts its head back and forth while it talks, despite its humanoid form having no need to do so. “My Knaves tell me that you are Legion in more than just name, so I wonder: would you fight for the Phoenix? I speak of mercenary work of course, and I do not expect you to start raising the banners in my name, simply to aid my own forces in their work. I can offer essence and shares of the spoils in exchange for help. Or perhaps even more relevant to Legion, dossiers gathered by my Knaves. My network may not compare to that of the Garden or some others, but I will always be able to peek here and there.”

The Phoenix gazes at the legionaries for a silent moment.

“Interested?”

To the Wolf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Phoenix rests in its Humanoid Form, it looks up in annoyance at the hounds appearance and barking.
    “Well I’ve had some time to ruminate. And I have waited to trade away any real information until I could speak with your pack again.”
    Standing, the Phoenix moves over to a table with wine glasses, pouring a glass but not yet drinking.
    “Please do not poke fun at either of our intelligences by whining about your name. You were very publically sealed by the Mirror Convocation and everyone who matters on the mortal side knows the name Tindalos. Even more so now that you have escaped said seal.”

A sip of wine, a look to a nearby pond choked with blooming orchids.

“You call the Library a threat. A public forum of the mortal realm, a true threat? I understand the age old phrase “Knowledge is Power”, I was there when it was first coined. It is a true statement, one that has endured through the eons, but fear of the unknown will only drive more of the mortals here to investigate. And as more and more of them are killed by carelessness and arrogance they will see us as a larger and larger threat. I have seen it before, and before each time we repelled their retaliation with magic and power. This time though? The mortals have grown wily and vicious, has Tindalos read of The Great War? World War 2? Kevlar? Planes? How about Antibiotics? It is no longer so simple to kill humans, perhaps it never should have been.”

Another sip of wine.

“Tindalos would do well to look into the Cold War, a great conflict that was not a conflict between the Powers known as Russia and the USA. They both built terrible weapons in vast quantities to threaten each other, and were only held back by the threat of mutual destruction, and the terrible responsibility of the weapons they had created.”

The wine glass returns to the table, not empty, but evidently finished.

“The weapons once considered so terrible now fly through their skies, and yet the mortals with the greatest weapons still sit back and hoard more. Do you think our city is ready to face destruction on the scale that humans can produce?”

The creature rolls its eyes.

“So no, I do not trade information lightly. I pick the curiosities that mortals will want to study or cannot currently destroy, and in exchange I gather what they know of us. And what they want of us. I’ll pay your tribute, favours, essence, you will need to elaborate on the form. But I will forever wish that I had been the first to reach out, as I very nearly had been, so that all of this foolish discourtesy could have been avoided.”

To The Restless Garden
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Truly I cannot remember which came to this garden first, the original Coven or myself. It has been many centuries, though you are correct that the Coven does most of the caretaking. I came here for the flowers. We are both living things of cycles, the flowers move from stalk to flower, and in this garden can bloom and rebloom for centuries. My cycle is different of course, but I cannot help but feel a certain kinship.” The Phoenix looks the Green Lady over, its cloak of dazzling feathers twinkling in tandem with the emerald dress.

“I suspect you are no human or fey in service to the Restless Garden, but a piece of the Garden itself? Your garb is spectacular, and I find myself wondering if it is indeed garb at all, or rather a growing part of you. Please, let us walk to the Pool of Nightwatching, I would show you the Umbral Roses while they still bloom.”
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2018-02-12 at 04:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

The Port Authority

4 security
    To the Public Service Committee
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, first off, I want your approval of the Port Authority taking charge of the situation both, when it comes to the terrorists and when it comes to the refugees.

Secondly, if I can find the funds, I would definitely like your help and support in dealing with the refugees properly.

To Radiant Network
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

I can only say, that I feel likewise.

I am happy to hear, that someone is on the case about the cult, even though the Agency is a mystery in of itself.

Do you have had enough time to consider a potential financial support of the infrastructure project?

Baker Investigations
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Baker, I thank you for your warning about Wolfgang Reisser.

About martial law, I would not call it dictatorship, that would refer to the Port Authority having the power to make up new laws, the proper term would likely be a police state, but in all seriousness, when Serigala made her demands on behalf of the refugees, after she had attacked a trade ship right next to the Port Authority with the support of refugees, she made the refugees fall under our mandate and we will ensure that the threat from the refugees disappear.

We cannot let the attack go unanswered and we will scour through the refugee camps for any trace of the terrorists, but I hope that afterwards, that we can recreate the living situation for the refugees, give them a fighting chance to become part of Port Lawrence, but let me be honest, right now, they are not.

About payment, I might be able to get sponsorship from interested parties, but then I will also need the location of Serigala to sell it to them.

On an interesting side note, I feel that I am running into too many wolfs, Tindalos, a magical wolf, Wolfgang, and Serigala, which is a in fact a nickname, which in the original language means wolf. I do not know, if there is anything hidden there or if it is just an interesting coincidence.

Horsemen Technologies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madam Ashcroft
    It is good to know that we have your support, if you want to show this in a material form, do inform me.

About the Shadowstepping device, it could definitely have it uses and the Port Autority could definitely be a potential buyer, but I cannot promise anything at this point in time.

Hellias Robotics
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Hellias

It is quite understandable, that your budget for the coming month has already been written, but I am sure that we could find a use for your technical expertise on the infrastructure project. What would you be willing to dedicate?

Tindalos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Colonel Borrmann was quickly informed, when a wolf was trying to enter the premises, even though his men’s first instinct was to simply shoot it, but when it started talking to them in their minds, they knew, that had to call someone higher up.

The colonel quickly understood in what fashion, the wolf wanted to be answered, but Borrmann decided to take a little liberty and answer in a fashion similar, but still different that simply yes or no.
    • Understood
    • Understood
    • Understood
    • Understood. Why? How? How soon?
    • Understood
    • How? Why?
    • No/(maybe)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

Tindalos
    The Wolf Unsealed

Security 10
    12 without Telepathy
    Show
    The hound looks confused--It answered that it knew but also Clouds. Patron... Wolf, Candle... Clouds? The Seal of Clouds?

• Interesting--So the Reveller's Patron is the Seal of Clouds.
    • For one without eyes or ears--there is still knowledge we did not know.
    • Tribute Required--Action, Currency, Information, Fealty.
    • We will take the information into consideration--we also require further Currency.
    • We are working on developing The Howl--lending our Security to more than just Physical Protection.

Show
    The hound--sits up bolt straight having heard the howl.
    The Seal of Candles, The Seal of the Wolf, The Seal of the Clouds.

• The Seal of the Clouds rules over the Revellers.

Spoiler: The Phoenix
    Show
    The two larger wolves bay--the pathfinder manages to contain The Howl as it flows through it. Barely.

• Do not think to lecure The Pack--one who sells information to mortals of their own neighbors.
    • Tell us? How does the Coven feel about their information sold?
    • There is far too much you do not know--not trusted to know because you cannot be trusted.
    • The Candle, The Green Lady, Mirrormask, Xuan De, The Fey and The Sea Devil.
    • The Mortal Detective, Even the Port Authority--yet we do not even know if you can be trusted.
    • Great change runs like blood through The Shadow City--yet we are having to deal with your mess.
    • It is above your head. Consensus has been reached--the Library will be dealt with. You will not speak of it.

The hound paces. The Howl seeps through into its telepathic message now--the rhythmic breathless growling of The Wolf--almost drowning out their telepathic translation.
    • Perhaps if you spent less time with your Mortals--drinking wine and pretending to be mortal.
    • Remember who your peers truly are--show diligence, discretion, respect.
    • Can you be trusted? Will you recompense?

Spoiler: The Port Authority
    Show
    The hound smiles a maw of bristling teeth and a reptilian tongue of shadow falls out--it is happy. You think?

• There is respect Commander--The Pack appreciates it.
    • Whether we find ourselves across the field of War--we will remember this respect you have given.
    • Perhaps it is the soldier in you--The Pack is full of soldiers. Uniformed and serving The Wolf.
    • Wolfgang, mut, is a Lone Solder--In our uniform but ignoring our orders. Not an immediate problem: for us.
    • Serigala, daughter, is also of The Pack--We have just re-awoken and she was without a leader: she will return.
    • The refugees will be offered a new home--or to live in the homes soon to be deceased Wolfgang. Their choice.
    • If one of your men was causing problems in uniform--you would want to deal with it. Not make enemies.
    • We will take Serigala back home--we will Cleanse Wolfgang.
    • You may speak freely--but with discretion if you would be so kind. Avoid names, places, details.
    • Is this Acceptable--Do you have any questions?

Last edited by Jyssika; 2018-02-12 at 07:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lucero

security: 0

PCs

Spoiler: The library
    Show
    [COLOR="#FF8C00"]"I would prefer red thorn if you have it, if not I´ll take anything with limon please."

"of course, I wouldn´t have you lacking in your knowledge. As you likely know Lucero is amongst the greatest spirits that has ever graced the shadow, and as many other spirits it can loan its power, the raw arcane enrgy can make the most pitiful illusionist into a mage of reknown in no time, there is no downsides, as long as you don´t work directly against Lucero of course"

"and yes, we would like access to the archive, but we are just looking for more insight on magic theory if you will, and Lucero being the hands on type that it is seeks to do it itself."

Show
    so [Power of a true sun] does exactly what it says on the thin, improving all magic or mage NPC actions while you have it, if you try to use magic against Lucero it calls back its power and you suffer an abstinence penalty to the actions that power of a true sun buffs.

Spoiler: Baker investigations
    Show
    He nodded to the questions, his smile fading slightly now that they move to the serious business "fair enough, wouldn´t really be a partnertship if we were hiding things from you. Lucero at its core just wants people to be happy. For everyone to have what they need and for everything to work as it should. Sadly some being´s hapiness is on destroying that of others, and to be able to face them Lucero needs a strong power base, that means alliances, deals, the works.

As for [power of a true sun]... well, while Lucero is versed in many magical theory most of its might is innate, raw arcane power that it can borrow to other beings, with it capable mages can punch about their weight class and magical beings become the real stuff of legends. As long as you are a straight shooter it won´t matter."
    he smiled again, clearly this was his first time using the expresion.

Show
    so [Power of a true sun] does exactly what it says on the thin, improving all magic or mage NPC actions while you have it, if you try to use magic against Lucero it calls back its power and you suffer an abstinence penalty to the actions that power of a true sun buffs.

Spoiler: To the phoenix
    Show
    ha, I apologize, I couldn´t help it. I don´t blame you for your trepidation,
    being in your position I´ll probably hesitate all the same. I´ll make sure to be there.

Spoiler: To the phoenix and the restless garden
    Show
    Lucero appeared more humanoid than usual,
    with a defined size and two arms, this solid form was usually reserved for battles, but this was a special occasion, with a passing glance noticing phoenix and fixing its eyes on the green lady, a few seconds passing by as it figured out its origin. "Excuse me if I´m interrupting, and denizen of the garden I humbly apologize for the damage I caused to you while resisting the seal. I really couldn´t do so at the moment"

Show
    a humanoid shape of pure light approaches one of the drones "Hello Legion, your... peculiar ways were surely missed across the shadow. I seek your aid dealing with some troublemakers, i´m sure they´ll provide nice fuel for the flesh pits."

Spoiler: The agency
    Show
    Esteban stares dumbfounded at the agents, he comes through and snaps his fingers, the fire disappearing "it was most likely just a gas leak..."

Still he keeps talking, he had a mission after all "Agents, I would like to speak as an embassador, Lucero realizes its approach with the refugees may have been rude, with you agents having to clean up the mess. We think further incidents could be avoided with just a little cooperation."

Spoiler: Tindalos
    Show
    "I´m unaware of it right now, but I´ll let you know when I find out. I don´t think they´ll be up for it anyway. Not even sure I am.

Tell me wolf, can the pack spare a few members for an old friend? if so I´ll lend you my power.

Thats.. quite interesting, I´ll have to pay a visit."

Show
    here is the deal, [Power of a true sun] in exchange for 2 wolfs worth of security and 1 security paid each turn you want to keep it, sounds good?

NPCs

Spoiler: The beachside coven
    Show
    A handsome young man in a nice suit tries to maneuver his way pass the incredibly narrow path that were the rules that the manequins followed, for those folowing his adventures Esteban looked different, the eldritch glow a top his head remplaced with a veritable wisp, whispering mistakes from behind him as he approached one of the guards, clearing his throat. "Lucero´s servant seeks the ladies, if they would have him."

Spoiler: Lahar elementals take 2
    Show
    *this conversation happens exclusively with variations of temperature and light* "I have heard of the fate you escaped, and I seek to offer my help, join me in the peaks, share your power, and I´ll share mine. None shall suffer the binds again."
    Last edited by neriractor; 2018-02-12 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

10. - Top - End - #70

The Restless Garden
    Security: 5

Tindalos
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Naive. I sense no malice in their actions, nothing beyond the justifications they've given. Now that we are all in communication, I believe we are on the same side. Though your master may need to come to terms with its name being common knowledge. Perhaps you hid it well before, but now you're a part of history. Everyone knows who was locked away behind the Wolf Seal. And, thanks to you and your packmates, everyone knows who has returned."

"What sort of tribute do you require for the Howl? The Garden has many bounties - perhaps a favor would be of use? It is difficult, I'm sure, for one such as your master to cross the threshold to the mortal realm. If you have business
    to attend to in their reality, we could help you open the path."

Phoenix + Lucero
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Green Lady smiled. "You are as astute as they say. Most believe I am the proprietor of the Garden, and I do not typically dispel them of that notion. But you are correct - I am much the same as any other of the Garden's servants, born of its will and shaped to its needs. A little older than the others, but you know as well as I: age is just a number."

She turned to Lucero's form as it appeared. "Ah, spirit of flame. It's quite alright, the Garden was barely a sprout in those times. But we have always been... resilient."
    Last edited by Cognimancer; 2018-02-13 at 03:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Radiant Network

Spoiler: The Gentlemen’s Hunting Society (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Lord Manning,

Thank you for accepting Radiant Network’s offer to connect to the Grid, we are honoured to provide a connection to the Grid to the Gentlemen’s Hunting Society. Following this mail, you will be contacted by one of our employees to work out the details to start construction. Should you have any questions during the process, do not hesitate to contact me.

The shadow bird I spoke of earlier is a shadow intrusion in our world, a nefarious creature in the shape of a crow. It steals like a magpie and talks like a parrot, repeating in a scowling manner what it has heard before. It loves to spy and listen in on things, just so it can repeat what has been said, inadvertently sharing sensitive information.
    The real danger posed by this bird is that it possesses magic by which thousands of birds are attracted to its flock. Normally harmless birds such as pigeons, ravens, crows and sparrows now steal, observe and spy. Objects and words, snippets of information, are stolen so its master can enjoy trinkets and parrot the words, posing a real security risk. It has stolen for itself the name “The King of Birds”, though I will not honour it with such a title, and will as of you that we speak of this threat by the following codename: The Magpie.

(Lore: Shadow Intrusion: the Birds [Secret Contact: The King of Birds])

The Magpie will certainly pose a challenge to hunt, which I believe is exactly what you seek. I wish you the best of luck, and will say it is pleasure doing business with you and the Gentlemen’s Hunting Society.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

Spoiler: The Port Authority (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Maj. Hale,

Since our last mail exchange we have made available a budget. I can announce that Radiant Network is willing to contribute to the infrastructure project involving the refugee camps by dedicating workforce, expertise and materials with a worth of [2 Cash].

If you can share further details on what the Port Authority has in mind in specific to develop, and if there are other parties to cooperate with, that would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

12. - Top - End - #72

Horsemen Technologies
    Security: 4

Gentleman's Hunting Society (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    War says there may be a core entity under those layers of junk that's powering the damned thing. We could also build you some gear in lieu of a trophy.

Do you happen to know anything about the Dancer? If it's a construct, we'd be interested in taking it down for reverse engineering.

While we're at it, do you have any hunts you're already planning on?
    -Fenrir

Radiant Network (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very intriguing...

Do you have a location?

And we might suggest you bring this to the attention of the Gentleman's Hunting Lodge. They may also find it interesting.

Melinda Ashcroft
    Founder and CEO of Horsemen Technologies

Bonesinger (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi Bonesinger!

I'm a huge fan of your work and was wondering if you sold pieces or took commissions? I'd love to be able to support your art, and having a Bonesinger original would really help motivate my employees.

-Death Dealer

Clan Redchain (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chief of the Redchain,

I represent a guild of mages and artificers in the Lightside. I know that you collect tolls and was curious what you spent that tribute on. Were you to have some on hand, we could build you custom weapons or equipment for better protecting and building your bridges. Any interest?

Melinda Ashcroft
    Founder

Fleshweaver (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heya Fleshweaver,

Still trying to psych myself up to going under your knife. What bits do you have in?

-Death Dealer

The Engineer (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Warmonger: Quick check, is the Cogcrawler one of yours? I'm a little worried about who made it or the damage it would cause if it ever makes it to Lightside, and want to rip it open to find out the former and prevent the latter.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2018-02-14 at 01:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

The Library
    Security: 1

Spoiler: Radiant Network
    Show
    Dear Dr.-Ing. Weber,

I understand. It is too bad, but it is true that your company does have to remain solvent in its operations, thus I will not begrudge you for reasonably looking out for your own interests. However, Dr. Weber, I am given to understand that you have the equipment necessary to connect a client to the Grid at a lower cost to yourself, if you were to attend to the matter personally. May I be so bold as to ask if you have any other pressing matters that preclude you from offering this option?

Either way, I am not entirely sure what you are referring to by 'services', Dr. Weber. It is true that the Library harbors magical knowledge in the Restricted section, but neither I nor the Library in general are specialists in the provision of any sort of 'magical service', apart from the archiving of magical knowledge and - in certain cases - the dissemination of said knowledge for a token fee. That said, if you know of any such parties who might be in need of the knowledge we have, I would certainly welcome your recommendations.

Yours,
    Kerry O'Byrne

Show
    "An obscure choice. I'm afraid I indeed do not have that in stock, for it is not my habit to engage in tea appreciation; I hope you are fine with the classics. Jordan, two Earl Greys with lemon, please."

Kerry said, pressing a button to summon what was apparently hir assistant. That done, the Librarian clasped hir hands together with a faint smile.

"While we're waiting, regarding your offer. While I'm certain your offer was made in sincerity... I am afraid I must decline. For what you offer would indeed be tempting to many, but if I may be blunt, it is to me neither a gift nor a payment, but rather a set of shackles."

"After all, if I know anything about the sort of deal that spirits like Lucero offer to petitioners, it's that they always come with a compulsion attached, such as the one you have already laid out. Doubtless a small price to pay for those inclined to seek power regardless of the costs, but power is not something I desire nearly quite that much. Certainly not enough to accept a compulsion on my actions, whatever they may be."

"As such, I would prefer if you were to offer some other coin for access to the Restricted section. Perhaps some lore that you believe I might be interested in?"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Radiant Network

Spoiler: Horsemen Technologies (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Ms. Ashcroft,

I do indeed have a location. Can I conclude from your response I have caught your interest on the subject? If this is indeed the case, I will ask to use a codename for security purposes on this subject: the Egoist.

While your suggestion to bring this to the Gentlemen’s Hunting Society has merit, I believe they may be otherwise preoccupied. So I turn to Horsemen Technologies with your magical aptitude for advice and help. Would this be negotiable?

May I inquire whether you have considered my earlier offer with regards to connecting to the Grid? In addition, should you have an interest in research, as we discussed before, or you have any other matters that hold your interest, do not hesitate to make me aware of them.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

Show
    Dear Kerry O'Byrne,

Your assessment is largely correct and the reason why that option is not available at this time is a simple one. Managing Radiant Network's initial expansion phase is taking all my time and energy.

The offer to connect to the Grid has been sent to multiple organisations. The negotiations are going well, so my expectation is that Radiant Network will have a lot of work to do this month. I will oversee the work, to ensure the organisations are connected within budget and on time.

This I hope you understand why I cannot at this time present a customised offer.

As for the suggestion made, I simply meant that what magic knowledge or capability you have, you could offer to interested parties to raise money for this project. During my negotiations I will look for an opportunity to recommend the Library.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-02-15 at 02:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

THE AGENCY

Tindalos (Security 7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The agents fall in alongside the hound, in the age-old formation taken up by bodyguards and jailers both.

"The Wolf is a monster that has torn its way out of its cage," the first agent says. "The seals were laid down for a reason. Your master having broken its chains makes it a threat that should be contained once more, not a potential ally. We know where your interests truly lie, creature, and they do not align with the ones we are sworn to protect."

The first agent falls silent, and the second one speaks. He doesn't look at the hound; instead, his eyes rove the crowd as he talks. "You mentioned future threats. What do you know that you think we don't?"

Radiant Network (Security 7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    TO: Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber
    RE: Potential Threats

Doctor,

If you have any further information you can share regarding this "Ascending Blood" organization, or Mr. Robert Galloway himself--specific numbers, meeting locations, artifacts or rituals, etc--it would be greatly appreciated. We are currently in the process of determining resource allotment for the Specialist Unit for this quarter, and any intel you may have on the scale of this threat would be helpful.

Also, we have noted concerns expressed by citizens, yourself included, regarding a certain "angelic" being. We wanted to reach out and present a perfectly logical explanation for the aforementioned "angel," that being glowing marsh gasses that escaped from a nearby improperly-sealed sewer line. Trace amounts of hydrogen sulfide in the gas caused heightened emotional states in nearby citizens, which some individuals falsely believed were caused by the owner of a nearby club. That club owner, himself a member of a new age sect that promotes "transcendental experiences" and other crystals-and-homeopathy tripe, took advantage of these people's credulity for his own gain. Immoral, perhaps, but there is no "mind control" or other such nonsense involved in any way.

Remember, if you have any concerns regarding seemingly-supernatural events of this kind in the future, you can always call our toll-free tip line, or send us an email at [email protected]. We are here to keep you safe.

Regards,

R.F., Director

The contents of this communique may not be duplicated as per the Alien Sedition Enforcement Act. Any unauthorized access or forwarding of this email should be reported to the authorities immediately, so that proper action can be taken.

Lucero (Security 7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The agents glance at each other, a gesture rendered unreadable by their dark glasses.

"One moment," says the man. He steps away, tapping his ear with a finger and muttering something under his breath, almost subvocal. "Control, Mark One checking in..."

"What sort of cooperation are you proposing?" the woman asks, her voice drowning out the other agent's muttering.

"And why has Lucero been sending ambassadors to every vagabond witch-doctor in the city with offers of power?" the man says, finger still at his ear, listening to something. "We don't look kindly on you trying to give the gift of fire to every last Merlin wannabe in Port Lawrence. People with that sort of power tend to burn things."

Horsemen Technologies (Security 7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    TO: Melinda Ashcroft
    RE: "Shadowstepping"

Ms. Ashcroft,

It has come to the attention of the Department that you may be investing in technology to enable "shadowstepping," or the transfer through technological means of individuals and material to alternate planes of reality. Such devices would naturally fall under the purview of Customs and Border Security, and as such I wanted to remind you that any final products would have to be reviewed by the Department in the interest of public safety.

Regards,

R.F., Director

The contents of this email are classified under clause sixteen of the Port Lawrence Espionage Act. Any unauthorized access or forwarding of this communique should be reported to the authorities at once, so that proper action can be taken.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground

Agency, Lucero and Refugees [0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a first small huddle of curious refugees, but they stand well back when the Agency brings in the suits.

The Phoenix

The Goddess [Sec 7]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Oh, charming. I haven't been invited to anything social in centuries. I'll be there."
    She looks thoughtful.
    "Do you think this calls for a human body, or a more divine one?"

The Claret Coven [Sec 4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Dear Phoenix

We'd be delighted. We have a new chef who's able to shadowstep and have been dying to see what he can do.
    How about next Saturday?

Yours sincerely,
    Martha Rhoades, Treasurer

Radiant Network
    AXIS [Sec 15]
    Spoiler
    Show

You have to understand that we generate enormous amounts of data and correspondingly large amounts of data files. Perhaps you would like to specify what kind of thing you are interested in? I am sure an exchange can be arranged.

Horsemen Technologies
    Armitage and Ward [Sec 5]
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Ms. Ashcroft,

That's quite a list you have there. You have to understand that our library is quite specific and mostly deals in ancient manuscripts. We can't really tell you more about more recent events or institutions. However, I can certainly research Argos, Cog Crawler, Genius, Mirrormask or Xuan De.

We offer two basic services. Basic library research is charged by the hour. I can do this personally for [1 cash] per subject. No results guaranteed.
    Alternatively, there is the more... special research. [3 cash] or [3 essence], but you'll certainly be told something you can't find elsewhere.

As regards the Amulet, we would not have considered it immediately worrying , were it not for unusual circumstances. It is a relatively late period piece from the 500s BCE, made of Faience (tin-glazed pottery), with small gems for eyes. It would not even be all that valuable, if it wasn't taken from a relatively undisturbed grave.
    However, it depicts the Jackal God Anubis. Given the name the thief has chosen for himself, there are some uncomfortable implications.

Sincerely Yours,
    Henry Armitage (Prof. em.)

Clan Pitstalker [Sec 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The reply is written in large and shaky letters, as if by a child, on a piece of torn paper.

"You can not see the secrets. They can not be sold. They are already inside your head, but you are unwilling to look."

Genius [Sec 5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your apprentice credentials are accepted.
    In the case of a majority of the Mirror Convocation being out of action, emergency shutdown is to be performed on all the Tower's Enchantments. All security systems are to be put on high alert in lethal mode. Dead-man switch is activated."

Internal Research
    Spoiler
    Show

There's a few news reports online, none that tell anything big about the Jackal that isn't already known. There's pictures of the calling card. There's a few conspiracy webpages blaming the Agency, Spirits, Insurance fraud and in one case, time travellers. Overall, not very much that's useful.

Rat Face [Sec 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, we can always talk. Ratface always knows things. Knows where Xuan De is. Knows who's in the Coven and what they can do. Certainly knows about the damned Explorer. Knows nice little smuggler's trick for Argos.

What are you buying?

Barrett INvestigations [Sec 2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That depends entirely on what you want me to do, Lady. [1 cash for a stakeout]. Two or three times that for something unpleasant or involved.

Shadow Chronicle [Sec 0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Capital Idea, Ms. Ashcroft. Most of us were busy around the Abyss or trying to find the Archmages, but a watch on the gates sounds great. We'll do it.

Lucero
    The Goddess [Sec 7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    She sighs theatrically.
    "Dear Lucero. Do I look like I have power to spare at the moment? Do the stars dance in my eyes, as they used to? Do the mountains tremble as I speak? I am old and forgotten.

I can offer some, of course, but not for free. What in exchange?"

The Goblin Clans [Sec 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hehe. Discreet, he says", grins the big goblin.
    The small goblin interrupts him.
    "You just tells us what you need splattered, boss, and it'll be good as gone."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

Tindalos
    The Wolf Unsealed

Security 10
    12 without Telepathy
    Spoiler: Rat Face
    Show
    A hound burst from the angles--growls erupted.
    Sorry couldn't help it. Hes called Rat Face--and ... well... its pretty similar to how The Pack would respond anyway.

• Rat-Face?--Listen **** Face, first take a big step back and literally **** your own face!
    • I don't know what kind of cross city power play you are trying to pull--but the Coven and Xuan De is my territory!
    • So whatever your thinking--think again!
    • Or I will head down there and unleash an ungodly firestorm upon you!
    • Even contacting the Mirror Convocation and getting a binding resolution will not stop me from ****ing destroying you!
    • I'm talking The Seal of the Candle has been broken mother ****er--I will massacre you. I will **** you up!

Spoiler: The Sea Devil [Telepathy Magic 12]
    Show
    To be within the head of The Wolf is to be within the nerve centre of a organized command structure. Frantic, sporadic and incessant noise floods all other senses and creates a sense of claustrophobia as each of a hundred Tindalosi howl and yowl information to their Master and peers.
    If the Sea Devil was a Glacier--The Pack was an Avalance without beginning or end. Legion in canine form.

Silence
    A single short and sharp howl put silenced The Howl--Tindalos had spoken.

We are not used to guests Venerable Friend--we must apologize for waking you but our world is approaching a new era.
    The Human dictatorship is on its last legs--A power vacuum has formed.
    It their absence--Mortals trade our secrets, locations and information about our Kin. Without fear.
    The Pack is asserting itself--we have allies. They are providing Tribute.
    The Pack will form a new ruling body to govern our land. Shadow City will be run by Shadow Entities.
    We would appreciate your Tribute--You will be provided protection. Your opinion will be heard.

Spoiler: The Coven
    Show
    The hound stands and follows the woman to somewhere more private before speaking.

• We are sure you are aware the Mirror Convocation is collapsing--New leaders are rising.
    • There are ugly rumors about The Wolf--that we would see all humans removed from this city.
    • These are untrue but we do believe--The Shadow City should be run by Shadow Entities.
    • We offer humans a say within this government--Tribute will be required.
    • The Phoenix, your own neighbor, was in the process of selling information publicly--We have dealt with this.
    • Horseman Technologies seeks to buy your Information from the Rat-Thing--We are dealing with this.
    • The Pack would appreciate if you showed discretion in your reply.
    • These terms are acceptable?--Do you have any questions?

Spoiler: The Revellers
    Show

The hound claws into an angle and out of another before the Seal of Clouds!

• The Wolf is Unsealed, The Candle is Unsealed, The Cloud is Unsealed!--The Wolf requires Tribute.
    • The Mirror Convocation crumbles--The Shadow City shall be run by Shadow Entities.
    • Mortals trade our worlds secrets publicly--Mortals seek to come to our land to hunt.
    • The Pack and this new government will protect--City, Ideals, Citizens and Secrecy.

Spoiler: The Restless Garden
    Show
    The hound twitches--beings of shadow and angles offered help Shadow stepping. Insult?

• It is a mark of Respect--The Wolf is a title.
    • A human phrase--The Wolf is not the cat's mother. Mortals speaking its given name? Trading its given name?
    • As Tribute we would appreciate the Restless Garden's magical energy--It takes great amounts of essence to draw Tindalosi across the veil.
      2 [t.Mag]
    • We will use these new Pack Members to facilitate a Howl Network.

Spoiler: Horsemen Technologies
    Show
    From an angle claws erupted into the world--clawing a gate through which a large shadow hound birthed into the world. To all others than its intended messenger it seemed to not be there--to those that looked directly at it they saw a brown dog. It searched for an important person to talk to--for some reason employees helped it. When it arrived it waited for privacy before barking, growling and yowling--somehow its telepathic language was understood.

• The Wolf is Unsealed--Tribute is Required.
    • The Pack has been alerted that you wish to buy Shadow Secrets--We cannot allow those secrets to be broadcasted publically.
    • This place is an Enigma--To exist in the Light yet create things that manipulate Shadow.
    • The Mirror Convocation has fallen--human dictatorship within our realm will die with them.
    • Creatures of Shadow will rule the Shadow City--Entities, Locations, Secrets and Ideals will be protected.
    • There is no need for animosity between our worlds--we even accept you into it. But rules must be followed.
    • Xuan De is current and The Coven are potential Tributors--they recieve the Packs Protection. What is it you wish to know?
    • We would appreciate if you could speak with discretion--even your capable security is transparent to some eyes and ears.

Spoiler: The Agency
    Show
    The hound walks towards a corner--one where the Agents are not sure whether a street had existed there before but it did now. It was short and seemed to be a dead end but the hound lead them into it anyway. Private.

• Within the Shadow City there are many Monsters--you are ignorant to believe we all have more in common than our ancestry.
    • The Shadow City has, up until now, been run by a dictatorship of humans--The Wolf disagreed and was sealed away.
    • Judge not the prisoner of a corrupt government--it is equally ignorant. We believed you were well informed. We were wrong?
    • If you know our interests so well--dispel my beliefs? Prove to me you are not even further Ignorant?
    • Whilst you are at it: the Wolf is eager to know why you have Ignored the Library peddling secrets publicly?

Show
    The hound listens intently before replying.

• Do not have second thoughts Candle--consensus has been reached. The privilege is yours.
    • The Library is a tinderbox of our secrets--The Candle must be Unsealed upon it.
    • The Phoenix should be brought alongside--gift them The Candle's power and remove it if they betray us.
    • If acceptable we shall explain this arrangement to them on your behalf.
    • The pack will accept your gifts--It is without question that our security is extended to you.

Last edited by Jyssika; 2018-02-18 at 06:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Radiant Network

Spoiler: The Agency (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear R.F.,

A member of my personnel will contact you, providing any other such details we know of the Cult of Ascending Blood in Willow Heights and its leader Robert Galloway.

(OOC: Beyond the Lore I previously sent you, I as player have no further information. Assume that one of Radiant Network's employees contacts the Agency to give any other details Radiant Network has, meaning you know as much as I do.)

As for the person you reference, I believe you may have outdated intelligence on the subject, though I cannot deny the possibility of flaws in our own knowledge. What does seem to be the case is that you are underestimating the situation’s severity. Allow me to give you insight in our perspective.

One of our foremost scientists has fallen under the influence of this person, who from here on out, for security reasons, will codename the Egoist. Other people have likewise fallen under the Egoist’s influence. If the situation was at all ordinary, the underlying reason for our scientists to have fallen under the Egoist’s sway could be because of new age sentiments, but the mentioned scientist is strictly atheist and dislikes religion of all kind.

Where the Egoist may have once been a member of a new age sect misusing the effect of accidentally escaped marsh gasses, our intelligence has found the Egoist to currently be the leader and using more dangerous means to influence people. Psychotherapeutic sessions, neuropropaganda music, hypnoscopic light effects, hard drugs and personal charisma are all believed to be used in the creation of an intensely addictive experience, capable of brainwashing people.

Suspected is that the Egoist was so enamored with being seen as an angel, more christian elements were included in the religious aspect. This in turn to be followed by the Egoist seeking out other means to influence people, to brainwash them, so they kept giving praise and worship, just to boost the Egoist’s pride and self esteem to sickening heights.

Those brainwashed, like our scientist, will forsake all ties, living as barely cognitive persons trying to get through life until they are once again in the presence of the Egoist. The change in behaviour we have witnessed is immense. We have even lost contact with our scientist now, which has worried us greatly, as it is very far from the scientist’s usual behaviour.

Since you have addressed this topic to me, I realise now that I should have addressed this issue earlier to you. The topic was, and is, a sensitive one due to one of our own employees being involved. I have been open to you and I ask you to keep the information regarding our employee confidential.

Allow me to bring up another point of concern as well. A bird has been sighted in Port Lawrence which can talk, much like a parrot, and which has gathered a flock of other birds around it. Some call it a magical bird because of this, but another explanation is that the bird is the result of genetic engineering. The talking would be the result of parrot genes and the bird attraction may be because of pheromones or another biological reason. Whether it is an escaped experiment or an intentionally released bird, I do not know. It likes to call itself the “King of Birds”, but I do not honour that name, instead using the codename: The Magpie.I have contacted another party regarding this bird already, so I ask not of you to deal with it, but I share this information so you know what is going on should other citizen report it.

(Lore: Shadow Intrusion: the Birds [Secret Contact: The King of Birds])

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

19. - Top - End - #79

PaladinGuy

HASTE / The Phoenix - Security 3

The Phoenix

To the Wolf
    Spoiler
    Show
    “I understand your ignorance, you are young. Wine is a fabrication of the Fey, though humans, clever as they are, have made excellent versions of their own. This form is that of a nymph I knew long ago, or at least as I saw her. She was a dear friend, and I will honor her for eternity even if I cannot match her beauty.”
    The creature waves off the Phoenix Guard who had come rushing in at the larger hounds irritation.

“You failed to answer my question of tribute, and have left me with several more question, Mirrormask? Xuan De? You bandy names about like candies and give no context for their saying. And you again thoroughly fail to contextualize the situation in the mortal realm. The Library? I hope you understand that there is a chain of connections that will only bring ruin to the Shadow City if you act so recklessly. The Library is closely connected to the university of Port Lawrence, and from the university came clever humans who took positions at powerhouses like Vega Industrial and Horsemen Technologies, you think your little pack would survive more than ten minutes if an enraged shareholder from Vega ordered a dozen SAADs to hunt down the pack? I doubt you would last five. Your act of aggression will only serve them as an excuse to destroy our way of life. So I beg you, reel back your aggression, collect your tributes, and think carefully about the mortal realm’s capabilities and dangers. The Shadowside is no longer arbitrarily more powerful.”

To the Restless Garden, Lucero, Other Dinner Party Attendees
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Lucero, welcome! I hope you will forgive my earlier jest. It seems you both know each other in some fashion. And not worry for the Orchids, this place has plenty of wards against fire.”
    The Phoenix offers a guilty smirk to the green lady.
    “When I was young it was not always easy to control my own abilities, and I'm sure the ladies of the Coven will be happy at the chance to further tease me with stories of my more boisterous days.”
    The Phoenix continues to lead the growing party to a pool shaded by immense Willow trees. A few brownies with crimson hair lazily sweep the wooden walkway that crosses the pool, though they keep a respectful distance from the party.

“I am hoping the Twinmind will join us as well, the Goddess and several of my friends among the Coven will also join us for the conversation and meal. If there are any friends of the garden or the fire elementals who you would bid welcome let me know, there is plenty of room at my table.”
    A dark look passes over the Phoenix's face.
    “Though perhaps not the Wolf, that creature has caused me significant offence, and apart from tribute I would like nothing more to do with that beast.”

To the Goddess
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent! The dinner will be held on Saturday by the mortal week, and while I’m sure if it is more comfortable your divine form will be excellent, there will be a few mortals at my table and they may be easier to speak with in humanoid form.

If you have any games you wish to bring along for after the meal they would be most welcome, I haven’t played a good hand of cards in decades.

To the Coven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Martha,
    My goodness, I look forward to trying the modern Mortal foods. I have several guests gathered already so Saturday sounds perfect. If you have anyone you should wish invited please feel free.

Additionally, before the publicity of the dinner table bars such conversations, I have been told by the Wolf that I am selling your secrets? I was wondering if perhaps your sisterhood knew where the beast had gotten these ideas?
    Your Eternal Ally,
    The Phoenix

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

The pale sun reflected on the glad is the upheld watch. 15:08. No more delaying. Swallowing softly, a man dressed in a colourful, but tidy, shirt over a surfing suit, a backpack, along with sunglasses, a hat and a name batch, stepped along the walkway parallel to the beach. He carried two surfboards with a wave painted on it. Every step took him closer to the abomination from another world standing, or hovering, or whatever it is aliens do, at one of the beach’s entrances. Lossoth.

“Howdy! I'm Larry! You look just the adventuring type to me!”
    “How about some surfing? I know some places where the waves are fantastic! Just terrific! And if you don’t know how to surf, I’ll teach you, as I’m a surfing instructor.”
    “My hour routes are very reasonable, so what do you say?”

Larry the surfing instructor, with a big friendly smile, lifts up one of the surfboards and throws it at Lossoth to catch.

“I knew you’d be up for it! Show me how well you can surf on those waves, man!”
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-02-15 at 02:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

Tindalos
    The Wolf Unsealed

Security 10
    12 without Telepathy
    Spoiler: Phoenix
    Show
    Anger, red hot to the mind's touch, flashes within the Telepathic Messages and growls and yowls flood into it almost obscuring the

• Slept too long Bird--We am far older than you seem capable of remembering.
    • What do you think you speak to--The Howl is the Voice of The Wolf.
    • Are you drunk?--We tell you that you are not to be trusted. Yet allow you to the opportunity to earn it.
    • Instead you demand details?--Are you so used to human company you have grown entitled or worse. Stupid?
    • And this fear--fear of Mortals that will attack our home inevitably. Yet selling them the information to do so?
    • Your begs are noted--however there is still consensus--your Tribute was to be action. You have proved yourself entirely untrustworthy.
    • You clearly have forgotten the might of this pack--If a single of their Mortal hunters crosses our boarder the pack will be ready for them.
    • We will defend all that willingly give Tribute--Entities, Locations, Information and Ideals.
    • We will expect raw magic in its stead 4 [t.Mag]--The Pack work towards the creation of a secure channel. Perhaps you will be invited.

With a sigh the Tindalosi turns towards an angle--followed by the two larger. Intending to leave.
    • Enjoy your party--attempt not to say anything further incriminating.

22. - Top - End - #82

Horsemen Technologies

The Agency (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Director R. F.,

Once completed, the prototype will be delivered to your organization. However, given the lack of interest from the Port Authority, I may redirect our efforts. There are certainly more profitable endeavors if we don't have customers, and ones that bring less attention to us.

Melinda Ashcroft

Radiant Network (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes and yes. On our own, we can deal with the affects, but possibly not the source. Especially while under NDA and therefore being unable to easily bring on contractors.

I am still allocating our resources for this month. I do apologize for the time it is taking, but there are a great many avenues of opportunity.

Melinda Ashcroft

Tindalos (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wandering through the labyrinthian halls of the Horsemen campus, the shadow hound has the distinct feeling of being watched. Leering black marble statues shift slightly at the edge of its vision, tracking its movements with glowing red eyes. Devices of mortal-make, glass lenses staring from ceilings, join the observation. The intermingling of Light and Shadow in the building is startling: alchemy laboratories, metal workshops, summoning chambers, and computer banks all within shouting distance. Directed up the floors of the facility, the messenger eventually reaches the top: the office of Callie "Death Dealer" Thayer, Chief Occult Officer of Horsemen Technologies.

While not near the height of the towering skyscrapers of Downtown, the Horsemen Lion Hill tower is the single building in the district protruding from the sea of fog. Ceiling height windows line the circular room, casting light across the white marble floor, and granting a view of the city beyond. A simple but well made wooden desk sits facing the door, surrounded by a pentagram of five binding circles: forged of bone, ever-flowing blood, cold iron, silver, and gold. Sitting at the desk is a red-eyed (though the hound sees through the glamour to her natural hazel eyes) woman dressed in a black, rune-etched robe. Looking up from her work to the shadow entity, Death Dealer stands and nods for the wolf to speak.

After listening to the baying of the hound. she responds, "I wish to learn from them. They are masters of their crafts, and I want to build off the work of those who've come before me. Now, what are these rules we must follow in the Shadow City?"

Armitage & Ward (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Understood.

Given the situation, what would you charge for investigating this Jackal? Or is that outside your offerings? We do have other jobs more fitting to your business, if you'd prefer.

Melinda Ashcroft

Barrett Investigations (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have a number in mind. We are looking to find a contact point for the Jackal. What would you charge for that?

Melinda Ashcroft

Clan Pitstalkers (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then do you have any interest in buying? We make arms and armor. I'm not sure how well you get along with your neighbors, but I doubt Clan Spinebreaker is too friendly.

-Death Dealer

The Cleaners (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to thank you again for helping deal with our hell golem prototype. The binding vessel has since been treated to prevent hijacking by the fuel source.

What are your current rates for an elimination job and a retrieval job?

Melinda Ashcroft

Genius (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    >[Haven Apprentice] Callie Thayer
    What are the conditions necessary to lift this emergency shutdown?
    Are there any Convocation creations outside the Tower that are also shut down?

The Jackal (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Warmonger: Hey, dunno if I found the right account, but I want that engine.
    Warmonger: Up for a deal?

Quicksilver Components (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We currently have a number of small suppliers for our components, but given our demands for magical reagents, it would be more efficient to have a single bulk dealer. What rates do you offer for your services, and are there any notable items you have in stock?

Melinda Ashcroft

[OOC: So what exactly do Components mean mechanically?]

Ratface (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All of the above? Depending on price, of course. Explorer and the Argos first.

-Death Dealer

Shadow Chronicle (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. If anything shows up, I'd appreciate a warning.

I was also curious how well your Lightside office was running? We may be able to provide some better equipment, if you'd be interested.

Melinda Ashcroft

Stewart R&D (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd be interested in pursuing some joint endeavors with your department. How do you usually handle corporate partnerships?

Melinda Ashcroft
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2018-02-15 at 04:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Gentlemen's Hunting Society

To Radiant Network (security 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Magpie seems like a good target while we work on getting better access to the shadow. It is your network, but something we would be interested in creating is a better communication network for your customers. Something that would allow them all to talk with eachother on a secure network.

To the Haven Militia (security 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Would you be interested in strenghening Haven's connection to Port Lawrence? Something that would make travelling between cities a little easier for those of us that are not magical experts?

The Exploerer (Security 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Why I'd love some. I do say, how long did it take to train the things? Are they trustworthy? Trained ones could be invaluable in hunting expiditions."

"Do you know your next destination?"

To Horseman technologies (security 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

That could be acceptable, but we need to first build a better way of getting from Port Lawrence to the Shadow city. Our people reside on both sides, which hampers large hunts like the Cog.

I doubt the Dancer is mechanical. Not much in shadow is machinery. Our current project is the dragonslayer, although I doubt we will be able to make that attempt this season. A lot of preparation go into a successful hunt.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lucero

security: 0

PCs

Spoiler: The library
    Show
    "Its fine, I don´t have it in my own house but is a nice treat when you can get it." he says hapily awaiting for the tea and a response on the deal.

He seems to frown as the librarian speaks, a hint of sadness creeping into his tone "I´m sorry if I wasn´t clear, as I´ll like to believe you have misunderstood me, for I deny the idea that one as knowledgeable as yourself would hold to such superstition." he let the word in the air for a moment before speaking again conviction in his voice "There is no compulsion, nothing is stopping you from going against Lucero once you get his power, aside from basic decency, of course. The downside I spoke of was that once you do that the power is gone, with Lucero´s goodwill."

He satback on his chair, cooling off a bit and asking for permission to light a cigarette, doing so if it is given. " I beg you reconsider. And if you are still not convinced I´ll pay through your coin, be it knowledge or essence"

Spoiler: The agency
    Show
    The man grins confidently... they are coming around ... then he loudly snickers when hearing the people he has been talking to referred as vagabond, quickly covering his mouth and trying to keep any semblance of credibility he had in this conversation.

"thats the gift of light actually, fire doesn´t make for a good gift for long term allies. And the gift is only shared with well intended people, you may ask them directly if you wish. I´m sure the news of the agency asking of magic directly will be music to the public´s ear." He fixes his tie and drops his current cigarette, not bothering to turn another one, this was serious business after all.

"On the matter of cooperation, Lucero is liable to have turned more than a few heads lately, it is sorry about that. But it and you share a common goal, avoid the chaos that would come if the common folk knew how deep the abyss can be. I don´t doubt you don´t trust us, and there is no way Lucero trusts such a shady operation, but the least we can do is not get in our way, and tip each other if anyone, on anyside is too vocal about things, or happens to be working against the other, deal? " he extends his hands again, they´ll shake it eventually, right?

Spoiler: Tindalos
    Show
    "*sigh* I´ll see what I can do, if you think you have a way of talking to it about such things tell them, but I doubt, I could sense the hate and I´m not jumping in the middle. I´m bringing big changes with me, I expect proper accomodations."

"about the hunters, well... it depends on your companies, but I was unaware of such a creature, winged, and with a flock of likewise beasts that follow it like a creator, is cute, really. The mortals don´t seem to like it. There is your tribute."

(Lore: Shadow Intrusion: the Birds [Secret Contact: The King of Birds)

Spoiler: horsemen technologies
    Show
    a nearby light seems to flicker, an short fuse? but it has a pattern and its quickly devised what its more likely meaning is, the light returning to normal once you say it out loud. "Lucero wishes to talk, pleace send an envoy if you have them available".

Spoiler: Party at phoenix´s house
    Show
    Lucero brightens "I´m glad to hear it."

turning to the phoenix as he explains the guest list an accommodations

"no worries, I figured that which you as their patron they would. I am not exactly overwhelmed by civilized friends, or at least not any that you haven´t invited yet." suddenly there was the strange sound of sentient arcane light laughing, if only for a couple of seconds "and yet you pay him tribute... While I don´t share your view on Tindalos,I may have one day but the ages get you to see the good side of everyone, I agree that he is not who I´ll invite to a social event."

NPCs

Spoiler: Goblins: Redchain and Spinebreaker
    Show
    I intend you to "splatter" the strange amongst you it makes a quick sign, the firey digits in its hand touching the two spaces where its eyes would be where it a humanoid. I´ll send my own kin to help you when the time its due.

Spoiler: The godess
    Show
    "but you shall not remain so for long, of course I don´t expect you to give your gifts away for free, as helpful as that´ll be, so I´ll let you have the choice:
    -My own gift, and the strength that it entails, forever.
    -Any one piece of info that you seek, and I have, it´ll be delivered soon enough if I lack it.
    -The lamps, the candles, the computers and the smokes, all at your service while you work.
    -Respite from the wolf´s annoying howl and his constant call for tribute. I´ll take it if I could...
    -Or the promise of adoration, a brand new following, someone to follow the light and keep it running...

And I must add, that mere dirt doesn´t matter, if your words can still make a sun tremble."

Spoiler: The Refugees, telepathy -magic 14
    Show
    the kind warmth is felt by every refugee, a cozy feeling that everything would work out fine, -Dear humans, I know of the ravages that plagued your home, of the suffering during your journey your lost. And when you finally arrive to a supposed "safe haven" their inhabitants seek to kick you while you are down. I´ve heard it all, martial law, "the nuisances", they treat as less than you are, and is liable to get worse... But fear not, it was your destiny to reach this place but the city is but a milestone, where your real exodus starts, but come with me and near my light you´ll find safety. I´ll need a sign, at the last day of the last week of this month I need those who want to be free of the city that despises you to gather their things, and paint an orange circle in your hand so I may recognize you.-**

Only to Serigala: -Daughter of the wolf, I am sincere in all I´ve said, and I encourage you to respond in kind with your opinion if you have such talents of the mind but if not, heed me. Your people will not find safety in the city, I´m sure you are aware that forces are rallying against you that you cannot stop. I won´t impede you if you wish to try anyway, but please allow me to lead your people to where they may be spared another war, there is no safer place for them right now that the shadow, and no place in the shadow is as safe as within my light. I´ll even offer you help in your struggle. If we cannot have a clear conversation then please, paint an orange circle in your hand if you agree to your people´s relocation, a blue circle if you´ll like the [power of a true sun]* to help you in your struggle, or a second orange circle if you seek to come with, as I hope you do.- the warm happy feeling remains for a couple of days, slowly being displaced by their usual state of mind.

OOC:*automatic explanation of what power of the true sun does.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2018-02-15 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

25. - Top - End - #85

Horsemen Technologies

Gentleman's Hunting Society (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bosses work better with metal than flesh. Same with the Dragonslayer: If it's an animated suit, we'll help you with the hunt. -Fenrir

Also, Death can help you build better Rifts.

Lucero (4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We accept.

[OOC: This just means a normal message fluffed as an in person meeting, right?]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Radiant Network

Spoiler: AXIS (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Ms. Attrell,

Radiant Network is interested in threats originating from the shadow city. I was hoping to exchange knowledge of one such threat, a shadow intrusion, which may be a threat to your surveillance business, in exchange for knowledge of a shadow intrusion in Port Delgado.

However, Radiant Network is currently facing its own security breach with a data leak. Intelligence on the subject I wished to offer you has come in the hands of the shadow being Lucero, who in turn made it available to another party through highly insecure means.

I can still offer you additional information on the threat, and still offer it in exchange for a shadow intrusion in Port Delgado, but I understand if you are no longer interested.

In any case, I would like advice on how to upgrade Radiant Network’s security systems to prevent such security breaches in the future. While Radiant Network cannot make available funds for this purpose at the moment, this may be possible in the future, or other means of payment may be negotiated.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

Spoiler: Horsemen Technologies (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Ms. Ashcroft,

With regards to the Egoist, I propose Horsemen Technologies and Radiant Network work together in an operation called Fallen. The primary goal of operation Fallen would be to ensure the Egoist is stopped from any further activities endangering Port Lawrence's citizen. Should the primary goal not be achievable, the secondary goal is to rescue Radiant Network’s employee. This is a secondary goal, because if the Egoist is stopped, our employee is no longer in danger.

Radiant Network can commit agents [Espionage] to operation Fallen, and I am hoping Horsemen Technologies can commit either magical specialists and/or spells [Magic] to respectively assist the operation and/or ward our agents against the Egoist's abilities. Ofcourse, if you have other specialists who in your assessment would be more suitable to operation Fallen, then feel free to use them.

With regards to subcontractors, I am willing to add an addendum to the NDA so you can disclose information in the interest of hiring them, but I wish to review your choice of subcontractor beforehand due to the sensitive nature of this operation.

Considering payment, Radiant Network can either offer research capacity or alternatively means of payment may be negotiated. Monetary payment is however not negotiable at this time.

I look forward to what you think of operation Fallen. Should you have alternative suggestions, I am open to any counter proposals.

With regards to venues of opportunities, should it be magical knowledge you are interested in, the Stewart Polytechnical Library may interest you as well, whom I can recommend.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

Spoiler: Gentlemen's Hunting Society (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear Lord Manning,

It is good to hear the suitability of the Magpie as target.

As for your suggestion, thank you for your feedback. Customer input is highly appreciated by Radiant Network. Our research department will certainly consider the suggestion for upcoming projects. The value of your suggestion has, unfortunately so, become immediately apparent.

Radiant Network has detected a data leak: the being Lucero has obtained the information with regards to the Magpie. It has shared this information with another party through its insecure communication, so many more are now aware of its existence.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

Spoiler: The Agency (Security 7)
    Show
    Dear R.F.,

Reporting a data leak. The information I shared with you in my last mail regarding the Magpie has become known to the person Lucero. Should your communication be as secure as our own, it may be under similar threat of having information exposed.

This conclusion is based on the information Lucero shared with a third party through insecure means of communication.

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-02-16 at 08:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

The Library
    Security: 1

Spoiler: Radiant Network
    Show
    Dear Dr.-Ing. Weber,

I understand. Needs must when the devil drives, as it certainly is in your case. I hope all shall go smoothly for you, Dr. Weber.

And I'll like to give you my thanks for your efforts in recommending the Library's services as well. To that effect, I hope you will not mind if I make my first pitch to you personally? I am certain that, being the architect of it, you know the ins and outs of the Grid better than anyone else. However, if you happen to have any plans for further upgrading the Grid, perhaps by means of technological fields that are outside of your purview, the Central Library of the Stewart Polytechnical University holds the largest archive of technical knowledge in all of Port Lawrence; I'd dare say even you could stand to learn something new from our [Tech Knowledge Repository], if you were so inclined.

Noting that the Grid also offers a measure of protection from adverse effects originating from the Shadowside, I believe there may be room to expand upon the Grid's potential for screening out undesirable magical effects. To that end, the [Archive of the Occult] in our Restricted section may harbour texts that may prove to be illuminating and perhaps inspirational, in the sense that you may find new insights for introducing new features into the Grid.

And last but not least, if you have any plans to introduce upgrades that would allow the Grid to interface with the Shadowside in a more precise manner, I would like to note that I myself have some expertise in [Magitech]. If you ever have any need of my personal services, contact me and perhaps we can work out a deal.

Yours,
    Kerry O'Byrne

Show
    The Librarian made as if to begin speaking, but a rap at the door grabbed hir attention. "Come in!" Kerry said.

The door opened, and in walked a comely young woman with hair like rolling flames and eyes of glittering emerald, bearing a tray with two teacups on top. She served both the Librarian and Lucero's representative with crisp and sharp movements, before taking her leave with the door closing behind her.

"Ahem. Right." Kerry spoke again, sipping from hir teacup and placing it back on hir desk. "Back to the business at hand. Oh, and pardon me for being impolite, but could you perhaps save that cigarette for after we're done here? In our line of work, we abhor naked flames in the workplace for very good reasons, I'm sure you'd agree. And I've been told that even for one of my particular station, I have been a little... overzealous with certain precautions I've taken to that end."

"Anyway, perhaps I've worded it a bit poorly, for which I do apologize. I will take your word for it that there is no magically-enforced compulsion in the gift of Lucero, as perhaps you might have interpreted in my use of the word. Rather, even if I were to accept the [Power of a True Sun] as payment for access to the Restricted section, even if it was but a mere transaction, it would result in a bond between Lucero myself, to a certain extent. And bonds like that comes with expectations. Obligations. I know enough of such bonds to understand that such would be tantamount to a sort of marriage in a certain sense... and why, this is but a first date of sorts, isn't it? This is no time to be making lasting commitments with each other, really."

"Not to mention my thing with naked flames, as I mentioned earlier. If the power of Lucero is anything like what I envision it to be... that would be rather contrary to my duties, I'm afraid."

Kerry smiled faintly, perhaps even apologetically.

"For now, what say we keep this relationship strictly professional for the time being? My price is really quite reasonable, after all. [1 Essence], although if there is something you believe I would be interested in adding to the Library's store of knowledge, do let me know."
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

McGinley Group Photo: https://www.mcginleygroup.co.uk/blog...workers/bp129/

Radiant Network

Workin’, workin’, workin’ all day long
    Laying down a road
    Singin’ a song, song, song
    Putting up the lights

Workin’, workin’, workin’ all day long
    Gas, water and pipes
    Singin’ a song, song, song
    T’is what we likes

Working’, workin’, workin’ all day long
    Tunnelin’ through the ground,
    Singing’ a song, song, song
    We’re making a sound!

- Radiant Network workers singing in Downtown

Show
    Dear Kerry O'Byrne,

That’s certainly a sound pitch. I doubt my recommendation will do it justice. Thank you for the offer at least, I will be sure to keep it in mind as developments progress. Out of interest, could you explain to me what the [Tech Knowledge Repository] of the Library uniquely offers beyond usual access to technical repositories?

Regards,
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

29. - Top - End - #89
    Colossus in the Playground

Midnight. Witching Hour
    Legion
    Revellers [Sec 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

A voluptuous older woman reclines on the forest floor, a wreath of ivy on her head. She smiles.
    "We aren't one. We are many. Many all feeling each other, all feeling... everything. That is the God's way."
    She raises a clay cup of wine.
    "You wouldn't know what overwhelming is. Would you like a taste?"
    With a quick move of her wrist, she pulls a hissing serpent out from behind her, seemingly from the bare earth. Something flickers.
    Wine. It starts with the sour, sweet taste of wine. The green smells of summer. Your head thrown back in laughter. Shrieking cries. A fire at night. Wild, animal passion. Fury. The delicious taste of warm, fresh blood. The satisfaction of tearing meat with your teeth. A shimmering, rushing, unrestrained torrent of... everything all at once.
    Her smile is predatory, now.
    "That is overwhelming."

Delgado [Sec 8]
    Spoiler
    Show

"No, not a food shipment. Those are guarded, as are most of our shipments. That one ran empty. More of a wreck than a ship still in use, really."

Cog Crawler [Sec 0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there is an answer in the thunder of the pistons and the hissing of the steam, you can not understand it.

Bonesinger [Sec 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

The bonesinger is a slightly frumpled-looking young woman, her hair in a messy bun, her appron stained with white dust. She wears a bandolier filled with tiny tuning forks and is musing at a sculpture many times her size. The entire thing is reminiscent of a spiral staircase or perhaps a DNA molecule, a twisting, intervowen coiling thing of minuscule latticework, all in dull white bone.
    "Living things? Tried it, of course. Messy, very messy. You see, I only do bone. Not, as such, flesh. Or skin. I think you can get the picture."
    She suddenly screams, a piercing, high pitched sound, and a fist-sized section of the sculpture explodes into fine powder.
    "I mean, if you want to risk it... I could do small things. Or anything outside the flesh."
    A shrug.
    "If it's interesting enough, I'll try for free. Otherwise, I only take essence. Maybe interesting skeletons, if you can find any."

Saitya Naikar [Sec 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naikar immediately waves the Legionaire in. He's a thin old man with a wispy white beard, a genial white smile and brown skin.
    In his combined laboratory/office/living room, he quickly moves an armful retorts, beakers and tubing off a low table and points at a divan along the wall under a plethora of family photos showing a host of smiling children.
    "Please, please, sit. Tea. Ah, yes."
    He sets some water to boil on a bunsen burner set on the window sill, then sits down himself.
    "I have indeed been around a while. And you have been gone for... ages. And now you're back. Do you think the Convocation is gone for good, then? Unable to banish you again?"

Hellias
    Armitage and Ward [Sec 5]
    Spoiler
    Show

Armitage is a severe older man with a neatly trimmed beard, firm handshake, glasses and a tweed jacket that might well be a century out of fashion. His office is not big, dominated by towering bookshelves along three walls and a heavy desk of some dark wood - meticulously clean and empty of anything except some writing implenets. He points at a chair.
    "Please, sit. May I offer you anything to drink?"
    He walks over to a small cabinet and shows the bottles within.
    "Now. How may we do business?"

Restless Garden
    Internal
    Spoiler
    Show

They are most specifically trying to call demons and their magics are mostly attuned to dark spirits. But overall, the calling is both strong and sloppy, so it can be intercepted. Yes, you could answer it.

Radiant Network
    The Cleaners [Sec 6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Quite simply, we have a budget and intend to spend it mostly on salaries, training and weaponry. Our energy needs are neglible and while I'm sure large companies, especially in the industrial sector, have a lot to profit from your offer, I don't think we will.

Quicksilver Components [Sec 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Interesting. Mind controlling music is traditionally simply countered by making the subject unable to hear the music and remove them from the area of influence. The effects are likely temporary.

The religious part is more interesting. Such influences are very hard to effectively counter. Still, going back to first principles, things can be countered either by their like, or their opposite. If your subject is at all religious, try appealing to their faith.

Baker Investigations
    Barrett Investigations [Sec 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sam's office is basically a closet. A desk, a file cabinet, a sink and two chairs can barely be crammed in. The floor is cheap green vinyl, dusty there's a few empty bottles stacked behind the door. The glass in the window has a crack running down the entire length and the blinds are up, letting in a few pale shafts of light.
    Sam's there, of course. He looks over his shoulder, then turns around. The smile on the unshaven face is tired and the rings under his eyes are thick and purple, but for once, his voice is clear.
    "Jim. Haven't seen you in... what day is it?"
    He drops into his creaking chair, heavily and sighs.
    "I haven't slept in three days. Can't, really. It's happening again, Jim. Every time, now."

Tindalos
    Dancer [Sec 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dancer matches every step, parrying, twirling, never quite where the blows land. There is no response, though. Only a slight whirring noise and perhaps, very faint... ticking.

Creak [Sec 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

The eyeless head tracks the newly appearing wolves, then crouches down ever so slightly. "Hunt", is all that returns.

Mirrormask [Sec 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

All the mirror shows is the wolf's own teeth, reflected.
    "No tribute. The Convocation is not as gone as you might think, Wolf."

Xuan De [Sec 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

"The tower... some. Not the spirits. Those came later. I am not an archmage, of course, I was stripped of that rank."
    A sly smile.
    "Of course, a wise designer always leaves... a backdoor."

Mister Fox [Sec 8]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Yes, my alpha!"
    Fox throws what is almost a military salute. Surely, there isn't any sarcasm in it.
    "Why, we foxes are famous for our howling. It will be done."

Reisser [Sec 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

"What need have I of protection? There is no one in this city who can best me."

The Jackal [Sec 9]
    Spoiler
    Show

The woman smiles.
    "I like a challenge. Lead the way."

Coyote [Sec 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

"You misunderstand. We're artists, not fighters. I mean, yes, we have planted some small bombs, but that was... a statement. Not war."

Serigala [Sec 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Not yet. I am the only one, so far. But soon. It is growing in some of them."

The Fey Embassy [Sec 9]
    Spoiler
    Show

My dear wolf. With the greatest respect, we are an embassy of a foreign power. We do not pay tribute. Neither in the name of the Undying Lands, nor for the Autumn Court. You could at least have had the politeness to call it a diplomatic gift exchange.

Manners are so rare these days."

The Goddess [Sec 7]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I am always careful. How did you think I got so old? But I must admit, I do miss ruling."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2018-02-16 at 06:29 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

The Port Authority

4 security
    Tindalos
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Understood
    • Understood
    • Understood
    • Understood
    • Why care for them?
    • All? Where specific? Why person leaves empty places? Will people die?
    • Understood
    • Understood
    • Understood
    • The cleansing, yes, if before problems, the returning, maybe, if before caught, how handle all of the people of the returned?

To Radiant Network
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr.-Ing. Bastian Weber

I am grateful to hear about your most appreciated contribution.

About our plan for the refugees:
    • First, we will first pacify the area, search for any traces of weaponry or other means of terrorism
    • Second, we will then, as the short-term solution to the refugees’ standard of living, increase the supplies given to the refugees.
    • Third, we will start a housing project with the goal to create a more decent and long term secure solution the refugees. On an even longer timescale and if necessary, this might turn into a new city district.
    • Four, we will attempt to secure the refugees economic opportunities, through work opportunities created by us.
    o A major considered component in this, is the founding of local farms on our island, that can both help lessen the necessary of food imports and help the refugees become self-sufficient.
    o Given opportunity to help in the construction of their new homes.
    o A job center to help them find opportunity for employment in the city.

To sum up, we need founding on the following areas:
    • Short term supplies
    • Housing
    • Economic opportunities

Currently, I have only confirmation of resources dedicated from you, but have a couple of feels out to potential investors.
    • The Port Authority: 1 econ, ? mil, 2-4? tech, 1 politic
    • Radiant Network: 2 econ
    • Hellias Robotics: ? tech, ? sec
    • Horsemen technologies: ?
    • Hashimoto-Webster Financial: ?
    • Delgado Shipping Unlimited: ?

Hashimoto-Webster Financial
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Hayakawa Jurou

The Port Authority has made the outline for a plan, about how we are going to deal with the refugee situation in a more proper fashion. If this plan is properly executed, then we are of the belief, that the majority of the refugees, no longer would be a problem for Port Lawrence, perhaps they might even turn into an asset.

The current details about our plan for the refugees:
    • First, we will first pacify the area, search for any traces of weaponry or other means of terrorism
    • Second, we will then, as the short-term solution to the refugees’ standard of living, increase the supplies given to the refugees.
    • Third, we will start a housing project with the goal to create a more decent and long term secure solution the refugees. On an even longer timescale and if necessary, this might turn into a new city district.
    • Four, we will attempt to secure the refugees economic opportunities, through work opportunities created by us.
    o A major considered component in this, is the founding of local farms on our island, that can both help lessen the necessary of food imports and help the refugees become self-sufficient.
    o Given opportunity to help in the construction of their new homes.
    o A job center to help them find opportunity for employment in the city.

To sum up, we need founding on the following areas:
    • Short term supplies
    • Housing
    • Economic opportunities

Do tell me your thoughts on our current proposal. I would also like to note, that Hashimoto-Webster Financial could potential stand to profit or at least get a return on the money spend, if the money is invested correctly in economic growth options.

Also, at the moment the funds already promised to the project this month stands at 3 econ, 1 from the Port Authority ourselves and 2 from the Radiant Network.